Bootleg Bionicles!

Timelady Gallade

Ah, Invincibility Robots. That's probably the best (sarcasm intended) product name I've seen in knockoff LEGO sets yet.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

But... The colors on the packages are normal.

The manufacturers probably didn't want to change it. Like, look at some other pics in this topic. They had one for a Pahrak, normal packaging colors and such. But the pics of it built had green shields, white bodies, wrong pieces, etc.

But... The colors on the packages are normal.

The manufacturers probably didn't want to change it. Like, look at some other pics in this topic. They had one for a Pahrak, normal packaging colors and such. But the pics of it built had green shields, white bodies, wrong pieces, etc.

Yeah I know what you mean, I once bought myself a Kohrak from Invincibility Robot out of curiosity and when I opened it, I found myself with Blue, Green, Pearl Gray, Brown and Orange Pieces! Not even a single white or trans-light blue piece!!!

It actually isn't. The plastic is of poor quality and probably won't last long. There is a plus, however, you can acquire some parts that LEGO didn't manufacture in a certain color (the bohrok shields, for example).

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Yeah. I bought a bootleg once (I was in a toy market in China. Everything was a fake and super cheap.) of a Pahrak-Kal, and I never use it for MOCing. I've never even taken parts of it, just moved them in their sockets. Every single socket is beginning to break. That is not an exaggeration.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Imagine what would happen if someone saw and bought a bootleg with a Toa Nuva on the box, but pulled out a Bohrok! Could that be possible somewhere?

I don't think so. But the do mess up the pieces sometimes. I got a Mantax and it had quite a Carapar look and sky blue Piraka leg armor (AWESOME except that that isn't a color in BIONICLE xD). And it had 3 of those shoulder armor in full silver ( :D).

Obvious enough, I took it a apart for MOCing, given that if I had that as display... I WON'T TALK ABOUT IT.

Edited by Jungle Predator

-G u u R a h K

Well, for all they care, they could dump random parts in there and get away with it.

Except then the consumer is more likely to return the product to the store for a refunded purchase, therefore they wouldn't make a profit on it.

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Well, for all they care, they could dump random parts in there and get away with it.

Except then the consumer is more likely to return the product to the store for a refunded purchase, therefore they wouldn't make a profit on it.

For me, the only downside was no Rahkshi pieces. :/

But it's kind of disapointing. Ussually they are minor changes only.

Also, did I forget, by any chance, to say they are more generous with extra parts?

-G u u R a h K

For me, the only downside was no Rahkshi pieces. :/ But it's kind of disapointing. Ussually they are minor changes only. Also, did I forget, by any chance, to say they are more generous with extra parts?

That makes some sense actually. The reason extra parts typically exist in sets is so that if one of the smaller pieces goes missing and isn't noticed by the weight check, then there'll be another one in the package to take its place. If both the original and the extra are missing, it will be a greater difference in weight and thus will more likely be caught by the weight check.Bootleg sets like this probably don't have nearly as good quality control as official LEGO sets (i.e. not as precise a weight check), and thus extra parts are likely included either as a failsafe or possibly completely by accident.

So are these pieces from those knockoffs compatible with Bionicle pieces?

From what I've read, no, they're not. I believe the pin and axle holes are a different size.I could be mistaken, though.

Some of them are, I used to have a few of them, though it is not recommended to mix them up

• 3 weeks later...

ToaKapura1234, on 30 May 2013 - 14:08, said:This must be a joke, right?

No, just someone who doesn't entirely know what they're selling, which is normal. Maybe they got them at a yard sale. It doesn't really have much bearing on this topic anyway since these aren't bootlegs, just pre-owned LEGO.

Hmm, apparently Final Fighter was produced. A quick Google search resulted in this, and a lot of football stuff. :P I wonder where I can get a hold of those masks...EDIT: Actually that Brickshelf gallery posted by Sybre shows ebay links, and that same picture. I need some!!I just hope this topic doesn't turn into a big flame war like the last one.And I do kind of like those Bohrok, those pieces would be awesome in those colors. :)

Some of those bootleg Bionicle sets actually don't look that bad. That grey and yellow ones both look pretty neat but I don't know if they're "cheap" and delicate though...

I bought them all back in late 2006 when I thought that they were 2007 bionicle prototypes (I was like 10 don't judge me :P).

Nearly everything but the legs are not compatible with bionicle. They don't look half bad but putting them together was such a hassle especially with the connector bits. Almost like trying to fit a round bit into a plus hole, but i eventually did it.

The "hand" pieces break fairly easily and the limbs are a little harder to move but if you can get past that they're not that bad. The two bad guys kind of look like skrall and the toa looking guys remind me of a toa with a noble rau and the red one a tahu nuva. at this point six years later i have a few pieces left and a few masks but they do no fit into any toa heads. :(

Foam_Finger_Matoran.PNG

the statement below is true
the statement above is a lie

I bought them all back in late 2006 when I thought that they were 2007 bionicle prototypes (I was like 10 don't judge me :P).

Nearly everything but the legs are not compatible with bionicle. They don't look half bad but putting them together was such a hassle especially with the connector bits. Almost like trying to fit a round bit into a plus hole, but i eventually did it.

The "hand" pieces break fairly easily and the limbs are a little harder to move but if you can get past that they're not that bad. The two bad guys kind of look like skrall and the toa looking guys remind me of a toa with a noble rau and the red one a tahu nuva. at this point six years later i have a few pieces left and a few masks but they do no fit into any toa heads. :(

You're perhaps the first person I've seen who had those sets... do you have any pictures of them? (Probably not, but doesn't hurt to ask.) :lol:

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone already posted this, but I found this while looking at random Zaktan pictures on brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=261508 (Pictures belong to Brickshelf user Tyranide)

team_axonn_banner_redone.png

Credit to .:MatoroIgnika:. for the awesome banner.

75% of BZPers are afraid to show there love for Bionicle, if you are part of the 25% that are proud to call yourselves fans of Bionicle, Copy and Paste this into your sig.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

• 2 weeks later...

Scorpio Knock Off

Help your kids naive dream come true? more like help your kids become thieves, right? (probaly not).

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

Scorpio Knock Off

Help your kids naive dream come true? more like help your kids become thieves, right? (probaly not).

Those pieces don't look exciting! I always thought bootlegs had different colored pieces shown on the box!

If you get your son that, you clearly hate him.

mindeth the cobwebs

They have the same colors ON the box. IN the box is a different story.

I just realized that. Sorry! I wonder what pieces would be in there...

DECOOL is the best rip-off. I'm sure the pieces are the same in quantity. The quality is the only thing that differs. Some colors may be a bit different in two-colored parts.

-G u u R a h K

I found a ripoff somewhere in the depths of my dollar store that was makuta for 3$, so I decided "Hey makuta ripoff -- what can go wrong!"

I opened it and found it FULL of random parts.

they seemed strong so I decided to go back and buy a different box

it was full of shredded paper.... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Meh it was worthit

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

I found a ripoff somewhere in the depths of my dollar store that was makuta for 3$, so I decided "Hey makuta ripoff -- what can go wrong!"

it was full of shredded paper.... > :( > :( > :( > :( > :(

Meh it was worthit

I find it difficult to buy a buy a box that does not make a Lego sound and think it's Lego. No offense.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

it was full of shredded paper.... > :( > :( > :( > :( > :(

Meh it was worthit

I find it difficult to buy a buy a box that does not make a Lego sound and think it's Lego. No offense.

Haha none taken

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-