X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

Treachery most foul.

I approve.

I'm still going to do my best to wipe out the brotherhood to the last mutant. In the most painful way I can devise, but I approve.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Course, this means the Mutant movement has already lost one of it's biggest voices.

And the president currently has that anger mob bearing down on him...

....Really, only Dallas isn't in any danger at this point.

Hmmmmmmmm......

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Well, I'm waiting for Madara on it. Seemed rude to drop in the SWAT team and not allow him to respond.

And I'd advise you stay well away from it. Friendly advise.

Not at all backed up by firepower. :P

Edited by Basilisk

I'm curious. This is a major event. With security designed by yours truly.

You all know how creative I am.

Why so eager to die?

Excellent.

Incidentally, in theory, nonlethal electricity guns would fly in the marvel universe yes?

Just curious.

I'm curious. This is a major event. With security designed by yours truly.

You all know how creative I am.

Why so eager to die?

Why Basilisk, my friend.

You seem to think I'm afraid of you. :D

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Why Basilisk, my friend.

The only reason the entire city isn't a battleground right now is because I'm trying to stay nonlethal.

Why Basilisk, my friend.

The only reason the entire city isn't a battleground right now is because I'm trying to stay nonlethal.

I know.My treachery quota for the day has been filled, but I still need to track down some fire and blood....

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Right. I'm shooting to kill if any characters come up to make trouble. Just an FYI.

And expect me to complain like no other if you lot somehow magically detect ambushes, tripwires and dodge an incoming hail of bullets.

Edited by Basilisk

we can talk about characters here right.

Might as well put them here.

Jack Sears - White Lightning

Name: Jack SearsCodename: White LightningAge: 24Gender: MaleFaction: X-MenPower(S): Electricity (Can unleash electric blasts and charges. Only problem is he cannot absorb electricity. He can also unleash bolts of lightning.), Enhanced Agility, Super Strength (Strong enough to lift a big rig, without cargo .)Appearance: Tall, average built. Mexican colored skin, and ash blonde hair. Eye color black.Weapons: NoneSkills: Martial Arts, Sword Fighting(before he joined), StealthPersonality: Prefers to be alone. Rather go out and fight than to study, or teach. Has anger issues and hates his past, also hates being called, "Jack The Ripper." Since that's what his god-father had called him.Weakness: Salt Water. One time he had went to the beach and went into the water, he shocked himself and got knocked out. Luckily he didn't die.Bio: Jack was just a young boy on the streets of Manhattan. His parents died in a car crash when he was 10, and his god-father was a notorious gang leader. When he first found out about his power of electricity, his god-father ordered one of his men to take him back to his room. He picked him up, Jack put his hand on his face and shocked him; killing him. Seeing his potential for his operation, he made him his personal hitman. He would be sent to kill every rival gang member with his powers. His god-father showed him how to make kills with a bladed weapon. So every kill that he made, was either shocked or knifed. He also gave him training in martial arts, to better help him in a fight in close quarters. When he got older, he retaliated and killed him. He was 17 years old. Hearing about Xavier's school for the gifted, he enrolled in to escape the life that he had.

David Fortson - Marauder

Name: David FortsonCodename: MarauderAge: 42Gender: MaleFaction: SHIELDPower(S): NoneAppearance: Tall with brown hair. Scruffy short beard and mustache. Muscular built, scar on his left eye.Weapons: M-16, knife, MK-22 Hush puppySkills: Sniping, stealth, assassination, CQCPersonality: Likes to crack a bit of jokes from time to time. Likes doing his job by the books. (Might be missing something)Weakness: Abdoman. (Sight of an old war wound.)Bio: David came from a long line of soldiers. Starting with his grand-father in WWII. He enlisted in the Navy, which later he became a S.E.A.L. There he learned CQC, and how to kill silently and effectively. Due to his high skills and standards, he later joined SHIELD, in order to keep doing what he loves. Stealth.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

I mentioned those snipers before. Power armor is bulky. Easy to spot. Helicopters cleared away lots of the smoke. And there wasn't enough to blot out the top of the buildings last I checked anyhow.

Result is one dead terrorist and one forewarned and forearmed military.

And one PR coup for Yuri.

Edited by Basilisk

Yuri's Revenge?

****, here come the mind controlled killer squid.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I've called off my attack; it was getting really dumb and besides, it wouldn't make sense to have a speech during a terrorist attack, would it?I wonder what Mr. President is going to say...

It wasn't too dumb. :( The President is holding a convention on Mutant issues, an essential issue in the eyes of the American people (particularly with recent events like the Vegas attack). He has the best working defense, and it is important for him to show that he won't be intimidated.

My impression is that this is basically a second term legacy agenda for him. Besides, you had an intangible (I assume you mean density controlling) Invisible Man who was this close to strolling right on in.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

Basilisk's First Law of Warfare: Always deploy sniper teams around a defensive objective. Always. You will find a use for them...

I've called off my attack; it was getting really dumb and besides, it wouldn't make sense to have a speech during a terrorist attack, would it?I wonder what Mr. President is going to say...

It wasn't too dumb. :( The President is holding a convention on Mutant issues, an essential issue in the eyes of the American people (particularly with recent events like the Vegas attack). He has the best working defense, and it is important for him to show that he won't be intimidated.My impression is that this is basically a second term legacy agenda for him. Besides, you had an intangible (I assume you mean density controlling) Invisible Man who was this close to strolling right on in.
Basilisk told me that he wouldn't acknowledge the guy's powers until ignore I them approved by staff. I didn't really feel like taking it too far...Although, if 06 has powers, he could still crash the party. Waltz in, throw agrenade, waltz out.

To be fair, invisibility and intangibility are both powers repeatedly stated in the XMDD universe.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

To be fair, invisibility and intangibility are both powers repeatedly stated in the XMDD universe.

Precisely. It's not really OP'ed, especially in an NPC. One just has to be more creative about identifying weaknesses. For instance, someone who is able to lower their density and become intangible will still have to see and hear, leaving them vulnerable to sonic or flash attacks. Another example: Even if "ghosting" reduces your molecular density to the point that bullets or solids pass through harmlessly, a fire burst should still be able to burn your particles.if you can't bullet or taser someone, find another way! Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

What always confused me with intangibility is the fact that... why isn't the person falling through the Earth? It would have to be extremely finely calibrated on a case-to-case basis, so that you can ghost through a wall but not through the floor. One can handwave this as subconscious control, of course.

...Hm. That'd be one cruel way to end an intangible mutant's life. Break their subconscious control, either through traditional or telepathic means, and have them fall through the floor into the Earth itself. Nasty fate.

(and of course there's other problems too; like if you're intangible, how are you breathing? Do the oxygen molecules get a free pass? Do you project some sort of intangibility field to make the area surrounding you intangible? If so, what effect would that have on photons and electrons, which rest on opposite ends of the particle-wave duality? The list goes on.)

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

What always confused me with intangibility is the fact that... why isn't the person falling through the Earth? It would have to be extremely finely calibrated on a case-to-case basis, so that you can ghost through a wall but not through the floor. One can handwave this as subconscious control, of course.

...Hm. That'd be one cruel way to end an intangible mutant's life. Break their subconscious control, either through traditional or telepathic means, and have them fall through the floor into the Earth itself. Nasty fate.

(and of course there's other problems too; like if you're intangible, how are you breathing? Do the oxygen molecules get a free pass? Do you project some sort of intangibility field to make the area surrounding you intangible? If so, what effect would that have on photons and electrons, which rest on opposite ends of the particle-wave duality? The list goes on.)

Exactly! That's why I always find that intangibility is a misnomer. :/ Though, that would be a cruel way to ending them. The breathing problem is one I haven't considered before. But it makes total sense. :D Lowering one's personal density is the only plausible explanation I have as a more accurate description of "intangibility." Reduced density might allow for certain solid attacks to pass through, without ending up falling through the center of the Earth.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

The problem becomes that every single element and compound is going have just a slightly different density, and thus, it's going take micromanagement on a scale of which a Los Alamos supercomputer would have trouble keeping up with.

Much easier to take the quantum mechanics route and go into full-blown particle-wave duality and start messing around with weird electron interactions. Sure, you need a masters degree in the field to actually get a real grip on it, but for the common man magic quantum stuff works too.

voidstars.png

Oh my goodness, that's so true. Subconscious control can manage it, maybe? *desperatelytriestohandwave* D': Marvel science is so messed up.

I wish I could understand quantum physics. Magic quantum stuff is a good answer. :D Thor be praised! Do you have any aligned characters?

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies