X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

Grav took over the Spec Op unit, and they just kinda faded into the ether. Some of them, as Veronica did, are implied to have joined the Enforcers.

Mm. Considering the change in management in the RP, I thought I'd inquire. What do you suggest I do with them?

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Advent, I have a whole storehouse of quotes I'm waiting to be able to use. That is but one of them. :P

Among some of my other favorites, "I'm afraid we don't have enough men to take you all captive", "If I had any ammunition, you wouldn't be here", and of course, "NUTS!"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Well, since he's already in the game, and nothing is really wrong with his profile, I'll give Novocain one approval. Also, doesn't this mean you'll have to get rid of one of your other characters?

Nope, because now that Darkfang is dead I have 9 characters :P.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

As best I can tell, The X-Men showed up, they got shot out the sky, they got completely tactically overwhelmed save for few victories, the Giant Robos showed up, Matt earned their ire, putting the X-Men completely on the ropes with various wounded and incapacitated members, then Ashlynn went nuts and tapped into the Phoenix.

This turned all attention to her and the X-Men for a moment, making even retreat an extreme hardship for them. Quite a few more X-members got injured in the defense attempt, some on the brink of fatal injury, and Darkfang being slain by Ashlynn's outburst.

Things are looking grim.

And now, with their backs against the wall, the X-Men are throwing what seems like a last Hail Mary to get the injured out of dodge, and cover their trails, as victory now seems impossible.

As far as the opposing factions, Delta Squad is now currently under orders to divert all offensive options to Ashlynn, as the Phoenix is a threat that cannot be allowed to return, and must be eliminated before it can manifest. Due to the chaos, the Chidren of the Corn are making a strong retreat of their own, aided by the lack of opposition. (end of narrator mode)

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

In-game? It would depend.From an OOC perspective, it would almost certainly not happen. Characters are approved at a certain power level, and anything past that must be re-approved by staff members. There are certain, temporary in-game exceptions, but they are very rare.Marcus, for instance, was approved as a powerful telepath. As such, he is automatically at an advantage against standard telepaths. Just like super speed users will always be faster than those with only a slight boost.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

So, if he were to build a radionics box out of cardboard and old potentiometers, it wouldn't do much for him?

On another note, what did the Neo-Avengers and Pantheon do for the two months in between the Enforcer Battle and the Helicarrier hacking? I was planning on doing a flashback of some sorts to make it look like they werent jsut sitting on their hands but I have no idea what they did.

..... With the crude setup being described, it certainly wouldn't do anything for him.As for what happened, Kaithas would be more fit to answer for Pantheon, but I suspect they spent most of their time training. The Neo-Avengers didn't do a lot besides some preparations. Maybe some team building exercises. Nothing has ever been pinned down.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Brando Barton tied them up one at a time to a tree and put a bear underneath them, all while setting a box of donuts for each of the other Avengers right in front of them. They could either save their teammate or get to snackin'.

needless to say, james had a pretty rough couple weeks.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

This RPG appears to be stagnating. Hard. There are some fairly nice general life posts occurring, but other than that, nothing is happening. Are there any plans to invigorate the thing, or is this the pace and feeling we are going to become complacent and comfortable with?

It is stagnating, and we've noticed. I can't speak for any of the other staff, but I currently have the ball rolling on a post that will get at least two of the factions going again, and I'm going to see what I might be able to do about the others. Those of you with X-Men, and I know there are a lot of you, post, darnit. :P Just because there isn't a fight or an argument in progress doesn't mean you don't have things to do. You're trapped in Las Vegas, more or less surrounded by people who hate you. That's a pretty big problem. Work on solving it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

It's one of those cases of "follow the leader". When you have a group of at least, what, fifteen characters? There is bound to be some confusion over what each player should have each character do. Last post in Vegas with the X-Men was Alex directing people towards what's left of the Blackbird, then the site hack, then nothing. =|

Not sure about everyone else, but a little bit of direction would be nice...

Actually, there have been several posts since. Nathan directed those with him into an abandoned building, with John following him. Alex directed those with him to start falling back,since there were few to no enemies to fight. And that's just mentioning the leaders of the respective groups.People shouldn't want directions. If you're looking to be told what you should have your character do, something is wrong.

fK5oqYf.jpg

The abandoned house seems to be the fall-back and regrouping point for now. It seems that a lot of people haven't returned since the forum came back online, but I agree it is stagnating a bit. Perhaps we need to get the X-Men out of Las Vegas soon?

I do know there are some major things that can be kicked into gear soon hopefully.

For the most part, it's true that people shouldn't want for direction, but in a situation like this, where a whole bunch of players are in a situation with designated leader characters, it becomes hard to want to act on your own without risking causing unnecessary strife and possibly acting out of character simply to make something happened. Especially if the aforementioned leader characters have been giving out orders.

For anyone who might have doubted it, the assault on Genosha has been in the works for a while, and has my full approval. You may control your own NPCs, but Grav, a staffie or myself might control a few for the heck of it. Along similar lines, I want to make something clear.These are not pushovers. These aren't the Enforcer thugs most characters are used to. I will personally be watching for undue NPC bashing. First time I'll let it slide, second time I'll warn you but the third time your character might get hurt. Let's not come to that, mmkai? Everyone have fun.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Um, forcefield, remember?The real way to do it is to acquire a witness sample of Genosha and use the combined power of thoughtforms, telepathy, and offensive radionics to bring ruin and death to Genosha, either by assassinating brotherhood members one by one or by simply casting terrible fortune over the island. Simple process.

Edited by Constructman

.... CM. I think you overestimate how strong that forcefield is. A little over a dozen mutants couldn't shield away a nuke. But unfortunately, dropping nukes on players is reserved for when they actually do something wrong. I know, sad, isn't it? :P

fK5oqYf.jpg