• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms

MNOLG MNOG Flash templar Fan-made

• Please log in to reply
464 replies to this topic

#441 Offline Indigogeek

Indigogeek
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 453 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 10 2014 - 06:35 PM

Ah, sorry, I was replying to bionicleman714, who hadn't seen how to play chapter 2 :P

Tu2d6W7.jpg

#442 Offline Tronec

Tronec
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 915 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 12 2014 - 02:59 AM

Awesome! Brings back memories of the MNOLG. I can only imagine how much work it took to dig into the source code and rewrite the game. 

#443 Offline Phylo606

Phylo606
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 4 posts

Posted Sep 12 2014 - 06:21 AM

Hey Indigogeek, You've been saying that Chapter two is partially complete. Does it end at the point where 

Spoiler
So I'm assuming that's as much as you've implemented so far?

#444 Offline Friend of Fire

Friend of Fire
  • Members
  • Toa

• 127 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 12 2014 - 11:20 AM

Phylo606, you need to complete all the tasks before finding Kaparu for Jaller. Those tasks are, finding out who is missing for Whenua by talking to Midak and the other Onu-Matoran. In order to talk to Midak, you need to "move" him to Kapura's room, where you'll be able to talk to him about what happened at Po-Koro. Once you found every one who's missing, you then need to report to Whenua, and then Kapura will be back in his room for you to take him over to Jaller.

FoF
Credit to ~the Big X~ for avatar

#445 Offline Indigogeek

Indigogeek
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 453 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 12 2014 - 02:44 PM

Phylo606, you need to complete all the tasks before finding Kaparu for Jaller. Those tasks are, finding out who is missing for Whenua by talking to Midak and the other Onu-Matoran. In order to talk to Midak, you need to "move" him to Kapura's room, where you'll be able to talk to him about what happened at Po-Koro. Once you found every one who's missing, you then need to report to Whenua, and then Kapura will be back in his room for you to take him over to Jaller.

Thanks FoF, helpful as always :) Phylo, this is indeed the part where chapter 2 ends, and (as stated above) hopefully chapter 2 is in the works. The trouble is we only have 2 people, and Nuparu is the only real expert on flash. I would love to have more people on the team that know what theyre doing, but alas, I'm not sure who does :(

Tu2d6W7.jpg

#446 Offline Phylo606

Phylo606
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 4 posts

Posted Sep 12 2014 - 09:34 PM

Thanks to both of you for replying. That's what I got up to, except when I went to kapura's room only Midak was inside.

Thanks again guys

#447 Online Arzaki

Arzaki
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 276 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 12 2014 - 09:58 PM

Thanks FoF, helpful as always :) Phylo, this is indeed the part where chapter 2 ends, and (as stated above) hopefully chapter 2 is in the works. The trouble is we only have 2 people, and Nuparu is the only real expert on flash. I would love to have more people on the team that know what theyre doing, but alas, I'm not sure who does :(

Do you just need people who know how to use flash?

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

"Most quotes on the Internet are not genuine."

-Abraham Lincoln

I used to be Flamewing Studios.

The Sky's Scar

#448 Offline Indigogeek

Indigogeek
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 453 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 12 2014 - 11:15 PM

Do you just need people who know how to use flash?

I should talk to Nuparu about it first, by I believe its gonna be necessary. :P

Tu2d6W7.jpg

#449 Offline Kalija From Indian Lakes

Kalija From Indian Lakes
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 36 posts

Posted Sep 21 2014 - 01:27 AM

Keep up the good work!!

kalija.png

all this is temporary.

Follow me on Twitter! @sean52711

I'll follow back.

#450 Offline darkeluim

darkeluim
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 19 posts

Posted Oct 01 2014 - 10:07 AM

It will become better and better.

Flash Rebuilt Ta Matoran Jaller

#451 Offline SuperGeniusCreator

SuperGeniusCreator
  • Members
  • Toa

• 103 posts

Posted Oct 13 2014 - 11:15 AM

So... any new progress on the second half of Chapter 2?

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я
Building with Lego bricks since 2009

#452 Online Regitnui

Regitnui
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 664 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2014 - 08:18 AM

Having recently played through this, two things I'd like to say:

1> Awesome Game.

2> Have you got someone to do spelling/grammar on the dialogue?

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

#453 Offline Friend of Fire

Friend of Fire
  • Members
  • Toa

• 127 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2014 - 05:11 PM

2> Have you got someone to do spelling/grammar on the dialogue?

I kind of am. I do it through the walkthrough as I don't know how to edit the files for it. I've sent them two versions, one with the revisions and one without for everyone to see. I know I can use some help with it, as proof reading is usually something someone other than the writer does.

FoF

#454 Online Regitnui

Regitnui
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 664 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2014 - 02:11 AM

Send me the dialogue. I noticed a few 'your' in place of 'you're' and similar errors. The dialogue taken directly from the Bohrok Animations was fine, but there were missing capital letters and a few other mistakes. You need at least two people making sure the writing's ok; the writer and an editor.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

#455 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 613 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2014 - 01:24 PM

This may have been asked already, but are you using old sprites and backgrounds from the real game, or building a look-a-like from scratch?

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

#456 Offline Indigogeek

Indigogeek
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 453 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2014 - 09:59 PM

This may have been asked already, but are you using old sprites and backgrounds from the real game, or building a look-a-like from scratch?

Sprites given in MNOG are being used, but anything new (Exo Toa, bohrok, bahrag, etc) is bring made from scratch

Tu2d6W7.jpg

#457 Offline Munty

Munty
  • Members
  • Toa

• 125 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2014 - 04:45 AM

Played through this yesterday and was nice and fun. I couldn't help think it was all moving too fast though. If you can add any small distractions to pad out the first part of the game (the deliveries) I think that would be a bonus. Also the avalanche bit I found hugely frustrating. I died twice before I was halfway down and then skipped it as it just wasn't fun. Don't get me wrong, it's very well implemented and is a welcome addition to the game but it needs to be shorter at the very least and it gets crazy pretty fast! Maybe it would be better as an event which you're epected to lose as that little vid is ecellent and having the event end on that would be great.

Finally, I didn't find any bugs so great work! The stairways in Ta-Koro (with their very square bricks) really don't look right yet though and need work to fit in with the rest of the game. Also there's a LOT of spelling and grammar to be worked on, including lots of text boxes starting without correct capitalisation. The post awakening stuff has all been really good so far, Po Koro and the bridge (though I struggled with the gears!!!) Hope there's lots more to come so keep up the good work!

#458 Offline Nuparu77

Nuparu77
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 49 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2014 - 03:49 PM

The Battle Engine is finally in a playable state!!
Yes that's right,
a mere 10 months of working, programming and debugging on my free-time has finally produced a result that I can show to all of you loyal (and patient) fans.
Is it done yet? no.... but I'm getting really close!

I still need to add more Terrain types, Player Units, Enemy Units, Animations, and sounds to the game.
All of the fundamental components of the game are finished though, including Map Generation, Map zooming/rotation, pathfinding algorithm, Unit Movement, Unit attacking, Computer AI, and pages of pages of code that make it all work. B-)

[Download Here]

Screenshots:
battle10.png

In Anticipation of incoming questions, here are some answers up front:
This cool, but what is it?
I was looking around at how a lot of games all had their own battle systems, and thought "why not add one to MNOLG 1.5?"
This minigame will be used throughout the rest of MNOLG1.5 whenever a battle with the Bohrok ensues.

This is taking you a long time, do you regret devoting all this time to just one minigame?
Despite how long this has taken I still believe that it is worth it, and here's why:
After making the Snowboard minigame, I realized that one-time-use minigames where going to be a pain to keep re-inventing over and over.
So I decided to spend extra time making one well-built minigame that can be used over and over again without having to make anything from scratch.
That is why I usually refer to this as an 'engine' not a 'minigame' I can use this framework to quickly create a lot of unique battle games without much coding at all.

How Easy is it to make / modify a map?
It's actually quite simple because I've not only built a game engine but I made editors for it as well.
This way generating a battle event will be super simple for me later on.
The editors are the .xlsm excel files in the game_grid folder.

Map Editor: game_grid_terrain_rev6
This will modify the map and unit placement. Press the "Export ALL" button on the 3D Map Tab to save all changes to the map.

Unit Database Editor: game_grid_unitdata_rev8
This will modify unit attributes: damage, speed, attack range, etc...
There is another excel file: Unit Stats Explanation that attempts to explain what some of these stats do, and how other unit characteristics are calculated.
Press the "Test Export" button on the Export Tab to save changes.

Wow Nuparu77, your so cool! Thanks for taking the time to not play Minecraft and make this awesome game!
Aw gosh, thanks so much. You know its little thank-you's like this that make it all worth it.
and yes, coming home after a long days work and not just zoning-out and starting up Minecraft may be one of my toughest mind-over-matter challenges yet.

Battle Engine? That's nice... Now when will the next chapter be released?!?
I cannot give a definitive answer to when the next chapter will be out, I've tried giving definitive answers to Indigogeek and some others but, something always comes up be it real life or a bug in the game that takes me a while to trace/locate/find/and squish. And before I know it I'm way past the time I thought the task would be done.
One of the main reasons I haven't been able to accurately pinpoint release dates is because of this battle engine. I've never made a minigame this big before.
However once this Battle Engine is officially complete I should be able to more accurately predict release dates for the remaining chapters. In fact I'm playing around with the idea of actually trying to release a chapter every month, maybe put up a "development progress bar" or something.

Your last post was on Jun 24th, 4 months ago, why don't you talk more?
[Lame excuse that makes it sound like I'm not lazy]...I uh, have a bad internet connection...[/Lame excuse that makes it sound like I'm not lazy]

Seriously though, I usually just relay things to Indigogeek, which is great because it allows me to focus on programming and developing this game.

I do read the forums quite frequently though, and usually answer technical questions or bug reports.

Is someone checking your grammar/spelling?

yes, I have people fixing the grammar and spelling issues.

However I am not going to make a special release for just those changes.

The spelling and grammar issues for chapters 1 and 2 part 1 will be fixed when I release chapter 2 part 2.

Edited by Nuparu77, Oct 18 2014 - 10:40 PM.

boxor_10.jpg

MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms

~Fan-Made Game~

#459 Offline Toa Aeron

Toa Aeron
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 78 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2014 - 03:55 PM

Just one thing to keep in mind: gahlok fled onu-koro because they were confused by the machine. the boxors are designed to take out bohrok-va(I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a fight in onu-koro) nice work btw :3

Edited by Toa Aeron, Oct 18 2014 - 03:56 PM.

"We took out many like you. You will be no exception."

-Toa Aeron, Steal the mask 2

"Never underestimate your enemies, villain. You never know what they might come up with..."

" Your one ability that impresses me is your ability to delay the inevitable. It was the only trick that would work. And did work for a while."

Feel free to jump onto the Hype Train. Your ticket only costs your soul.

If you're a passenger, don't hesitate to copy this into your sig.

---  :hau:  :akaku:  :miru:  :kaukau:  :kakama:  :pakari: ---

20803.jpg

#460 Offline Friend of Fire

Friend of Fire
  • Members
  • Toa

• 127 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2014 - 07:57 PM

Glad to see things are finally falling into place. I know it's been tough, but it's been worth it and the wait.

FoF

#461 Offline Indigogeek

Indigogeek
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 453 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2014 - 08:49 AM

Just one thing to keep in mind: gahlok fled onu-koro because they were confused by the machine. the boxors are designed to take out bohrok-va(I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a fight in onu-koro) nice work btw :3

Are you positive about boxor only being able to take out bohrok va? If that was the case then no boxor would show up at ga-koro, or Le-koro.

Tu2d6W7.jpg

#462 Offline Willess12

Willess12
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 229 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2014 - 09:09 AM

Where is this info from?  Cause the Boxors are only ever shown fighting Bohrok.  And, as Indigogeek points out, the Bohrok are at Le-Koro and Ga-Koro.

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

#463 Offline Friend of Fire

Friend of Fire
  • Members
  • Toa

• 127 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2014 - 10:46 AM

If you're thinking about that fight at Ga-Koro where the Boxors were out powered, it was more of a terrain thing than it not being able to defeat the Bohrok. You can go read the Wall of History entry about it the encounter with the Gahlok. It's titled "New Invention Saves Onu-Koro".

Edit:

Just looked at the Boxor on BS01. Under Features it states that a Boxor had enough force to disable a Bohrok-Va on it's own. Multiple Boxors were need to take down a Bohrok. This seems to contradict the entry on the Wall of History, which was originally posted by LEGO, that a single Boxor was able to clear a swarm of Gahlok out of Onu-Koro. I think someone who has either the guide or the encyclopedias so look this up, as it's confusing me.

Edited by Friend of Fire, Oct 19 2014 - 11:04 AM.

FoF

#464 Offline Toa Aeron

Toa Aeron
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 78 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2014 - 01:09 PM

Here is what BS01 says:"When swarms of Gahlok flooded Onu-Koro, Nuparu, Onepu, and Taipu were left trapped in a dark cave. In the cave with them was a Gahlok, disabled because it lost its Krana. While Onepu and Taipu tried to move some of the rubble so they could escape, Nuparu began tinkering with the Gahlok, eventually rebuilding the Bohrok into a towering machine that could be operated by a Matoran pilot. With Nuparu in the driver's seat, the newly-christened Boxor smashed through a wall in the cave and out into the flooded remains of Onu-Koro. Confused by the machine, the Gahlok fled the village."

But FoF is right. One boxor cannot take out a bohrok on it's own

P.S. does anybody have any idea what this blue highlight is? It happens everytime I copy paste something on BZP

Edited by Toa Aeron, Oct 19 2014 - 01:10 PM.

"We took out many like you. You will be no exception."

"Never underestimate your enemies, villain. You never know what they might come up with..."

" Your one ability that impresses me is your ability to delay the inevitable. It was the only trick that would work. And did work for a while."

Feel free to jump onto the Hype Train. Your ticket only costs your soul.

If you're a passenger, don't hesitate to copy this into your sig.

---  :hau:  :akaku:  :miru:  :kaukau:  :kakama:  :pakari: ---

20803.jpg

#465 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 928 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2014 - 01:18 PM

Here is what BS01 says:"When swarms of Gahlok flooded Onu-Koro, Nuparu, Onepu, and Taipu were left trapped in a dark cave. In the cave with them was a Gahlok, disabled because it lost its Krana. While Onepu and Taipu tried to move some of the rubble so they could escape, Nuparu began tinkering with the Gahlok, eventually rebuilding the Bohrok into a towering machine that could be operated by a Matoran pilot. With Nuparu in the driver's seat, the newly-christened Boxor smashed through a wall in the cave and out into the flooded remains of Onu-Koro. Confused by the machine, the Gahlok fled the village."

But FoF is right. One boxor cannot take out a bohrok on it's own

P.S. does anybody have any idea what this blue highlight is? It happens everytime I copy paste something on BZP

That is probably the background of BS01, Try pasting as unformatted text.

--:m::a::k::u::t::a: :l::u::r::m_o::k::a:

card_newmat.png
biofighter_banner_platform.png

Your title has been removed. We will do our best to make sure you do not get a custom member title in the future for any reason to avoid such a situation from happening again.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users