BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Akira

Akira was getting tired. The thought she still had Erif to fight after this forced her to think harder about how to end this. She ducked away, but not before few of the punches landed on her back. It was her luck that the rapid strikes were slightly diminished in strength. It would be easy to just break a few bones in his foot to render him inert, but she didn't feel confident enough with the small bones to risk crippling a teammate. Leaping back once more to gain some time, she put herself into the other corner of the ring, catching a breath.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Kythera

The Vortixx raised an eyebrow. "Right, one of those passed me on the roof while it was escaping," She commented, taking the flask and sitting down at one of the tables that managed to survive in the building. Though, it wasn't so much sitting as it was the chair supporting her weight as she leaned back.

IC:

"Hey, that's not funny," the archer protested crossly with pouting lavender eyes the color of pure amethyst. "I'm a great chef. I nursed you back to life, and God knows your body is about as stubborn as Volin was once he made eye contact with a mirror."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Her gamble paid off as Vorlik stayed on the offensive. Akira avoided with a front aerial flip. Vorlik was where she wanted him - facing a corner with little space to maneuver. She swung both of her hands forward, trying to bash him out of the ring. "Under normal circumstances, you'd never get this close!"

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC:

Hard not to notice someone running on all four, Akira was tracking Vorlik the whole time. She knew what she had to from this fight: While it was difficult to hit the Vo-toa, he spent too much time on the defensive. Time to end this. When he made an attack to her knees, she backflipped, sending her legs towards his chest from point-blank range.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

OOC:

Um, Nohiki, how are you doing these backflips and jumps? Incredibly high agility isn't one of your characters traits.

IC: Vorlik

Before the kick landed, Vorlik grabbed Akira's feet and and brought his hands down, sending Akira crashing into the ground.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: "No, not one. It seems we must continue blindly."OOC: I will be going to bed now, good night.

IC (Weta): "Fine. How about we got check on him now, see how he's feeling?"
IC: "Probably a good idea." Orderin opened the door to the hut and stepped inside.

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

OOC: Seen any of the stuff Toa did in the movies? And I'm not the one who is running towards a corner one second and moment later heading in the opposite direction like inertia wasn't a thing. And I object, it clearly says her armor is light and allows for easy movement. I'm fairly confident I'm staying in character given her of years of experience versus Vorlik's six months. And while we're talking rules, that was an auto-hit right there - If you're accusing me of godmodding, that's quite pitiful way of dealing with it.

IC:

Surprised the Vo-Toa was able to catch her, Akira tasted local dirt. She also heard some of the bones that made up her cuirass finally snap. With a quick tug of her legs, she broke Vorlik's hold of her and rolled away, struggling to get on her feet in time.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

OOC:

Perhaps I should have used toward, and not into? It was an autohit, you're right.

Vorlik looked at Akira, waiting for her to make a move. By keeping on the defensive, he had managed to last the longest in the ring.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC (Weta): Weta went inside, showing his Gukko Force ID to the guards outside. They recognised him as the one who had first brought them the Matoran, or course, but you could never be too careful when shapeshifters existed.

He found Ukris was still lying in his bed, but he had awoken, and was sitting up against his pillows.

"Hi there Ukris" he siad. "Sleep well?"

ppg2.png

IC:

Either by luck or because of his mercy, Vorlik kept on defense this time. Akira hoped it was the former. She wasn't that old, was she? Wiping the sweat that appeared on her forehead, she thought about how to handle this. She still had to fight Erif. by now, the Ta-toa no doubt seen the majority of her moves. One could only do that much without a weapon. She also knew how Vorlik fought and where he could improve, while, she had to admit, she gained insight into where she has to improve herself, unlike the previous two fights that were quite one sided. She was good on offense, but she left holes in her defense, mainly from behind. To top it off, she was restricting herself so she wouldn't seriously harm the Vo-toa by accident. So this time, she swallowed her pride and did the most logical thing. Turning around, she walked out of the ring, throwing in the towel. "Don't think for a second that means anything. Pride comes before a fall. Your technique is impressive. Maybe a little clown-like, but you're left relatively unscratched. You need to work on your offense though. This was controlled environment and you could afford to wait. Next time, there may be a life hanging on every second you hesitate." She pointed out, walkig over to the bag and pulling out a pint of water, taking a few sips.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

OC: With Kaitholas CageIC: Erif, Fiera, Akira

"Precisely the point. Not always will you be able to choose your fight. You might find yourself abushed by an assassin in the middle of a night, with nothing but your hands. Then what do you do, if you can only rely on your weapon?" Akira drove the point home, returning to the ring. "Erif, you're up." Akira called the other Ta-Toa in. This one was an open book for her. Aside from the fact that Fiera liked him and he was also an archer, she knew nothing of him. "Begin."

Erif shrugged off his bow and dropped into a fighting stance, not rushing in or attacking yet. Instead, the archer's sharp eyes were watching Akira carefully, for any opening or sign of weakness.

Akira was circling around the ring. Erif was careful and waiting, something she didn't expect form a fire-spitter. And she apparently had the same idea. One of them had to move, so Akira decided to break the stalemate herself again and faked a quick sidestep, then ran straight at the toa of fire. She dove and spun, trying to kick the legs from under him.

Erif jumped to the side, Akira's foot just grazing the back of his leg. The Ta-Toa kept a firm grasp on his emotions, waiting for the perfect moment to release them. Trying to hit a Toa on the ground... Weak time.

Akira saw Erif did not take a good opportunity. One kick to the head and she could have been out if it connected. Of course, now she remembered: Erif seemed conflicted about the ways of the paladins before. Was he conflicted about hitting her while she was in obvious disadvantage? Only one way to find out. Akira stayed crouched, sending her next kick against Erif's patella.

Erif jumped backward, the sweep kick going under his feet. Akira was good, but his missed opportunity had given him ample reaction time. He attacked for the first time, sending a kick toward Akira's shins and pulling back rapidly.

Akira quickly bended her leg, though not fast enough. Fortunately her shinguard took the brunt of the attack, but she could still feel there would be a big bruise there. But slowly, she came up with a recipie. Bending slightly and swinging her arms, she thrown a handful of dirt into Erif's eyes. Sparing no time, she launched herself up, her other arm in front of her in and attempt to ram Erif out of the ring.

Erif shielded his eyes, some dirt getting in them anyway. Still, he was ready for something to happen, because one doesn't just throw dirt in someone's eyes and then not take advantage. Especially not a dirty fighting paladin. The archer dodged to the side, Akira's charge going past him. Still, he couldn't capitalize because of his partially blinded state, but he got some of it out.

Akira kept her eyes on Erif as she flown by. Acting quickly while her advantage lasted, she spun around, bringing her leg down on Erif in an axe kick.

Erif stumbled back, the kick knocking him back toward the center of the ring. He kept his balance, however, and managed to get the sand out of his eyes. The Ta-Toa dropped back into his stance, raising an eyebrow at Akira.

"You fight like a Toa." Akira said, "You prefer to fight clean and with honor. It's admirable, don't get me wrong-" She said and tried to land a punch mid-sentence, "but the bitter truth is: In the end, it doesn't matter how you fought, only if you live."

Erif saw the punch coming, catching her fist in his hand. "Oh, I've stayed alive this far. I choose to fight better, not dirtier."

"Throwing stones into the Muaka's cave. That's what you are doing right now." Fiera could be heard from outside the ring. At the same time, Akira grabbed Erif's hand with the one she still had free. With a swing of her leg, she jumped and spun parallel to the ground, trying to dislocate his joints.

Erif felt the strain, but his new larger, tougher form let him resist for long enough to spin along with her, until he could slow her down enough to stop the spin and break the grab. The Ta-Toa sent a punch at her stomach and a short leg sweep at her feet.

Akira sidestepped, avoiding the punch, but she didn't expect a strike at her legs at the same time. And facing three others before, she was getting tired. She crashed to the ground, immediately rolling away from Erif and getting one her feet again, breathing heavily. "Suggestions?" She asked. "Alcohol. Lot of it. The only thing I know of that can bring him down, that and cheeky flirts." I said with a grin.

Erif grinned slightly at Fiera's joke, keeping his eyes on Akira.

Akira quickly scanned the ring. Seeing nothing that could give her an edge, she folded her arms on her chest. "You know what? I'm done being the only one willing to make a move. The bad guys are not just going to wait until you have a day off to deal with them." she said and swung her hand. I shrieked as water enveloped my head, leaving very little air around. I tried to get out, but it was like if the water sphere was glued to my neck. "You have roughly two minutes before the girl of your dreams suffocates. Move!" I heard a muffled speech. She's trying to make him go berserk. Don't worry Fiera, she wouldn't let you die.... right? I thought, watching the fight with horror, but also new interest. While I was at it, I tried to evaporate the water as well, but it was going nowhere.

The Ta-Toa was trembling. Not from fear, no. This was what he looked like angry. Erif managed what he'd been doing since the beginning. He'd been bottling up his native anger, charging it - And threatening Fiera had given him the push he needed. Erif's fingers tingled with sparks, his abilities igniting. A bolt of flame flew from his hand, circling around Akira in a small ring, about two feet from her on either side. "You're going to release her right now."

Seeing Erif fight for me made me feel a mix of pride and love. It lasted only shortly though, as a terrible shriek cut through the air, the water bubble around me dissipating. When I looked towards the source, I saw what I never thought I'd see. Akira was lying on the ground, arched back. Her mouth was still trying to scream, but there was no more air in her lungs. And what I saw in her eyes was no fear. It was genuine terror.

The flames disappeared in an instant, Erif dropping his stance and running to Akira. "Oh Mata Nui, I didn't think... Artahka, I'm sorry."

I also hurried on the scene, not quite sure what just happened. But if I had to guess, whatever caused Akira's scarring also scarred something else than just her skin. "Akira! wake up!" I said, grabbing her by the collar and shaking her a little. She wouldn't snap out of it, muttering something unintelligible, like if she was talking in a dream. Not knowing what to do, I gave her a smack. She stopped spasming and after a moment looked at me. Her expression was one of disorientation, but also shame. I helped her up as she was still trembling. "Sorry you had to see that." she coughed, trying to stand on her own. "Remember how I said I don't sleep anymore? Well, I guess now you know why." She whispered. "Can I help you?" I asked. She shook her head: "I don't think so." Her gaze shifted to Erif, and i gave them a worried look. To my surprise and great relief, Akira was smiling. "Not the reaction I expected, but I can't argue with the results. You violated the rules though, I win." she grinned as if nothing just happened.

"Wrong. You violated the rules first, bringing elemental control into this. Threatening Fiera was never a condition." Erif smiled slightly.

"Not exactly. I said no elements in the fight. What happens outside the ring has nothing to do with that." Akira defended. "Though now I know what to do if Fiera takes her time discovering her powers - I'll just grab YOU and threaten to throw you down a cliff or something." she said, earning an irritated look form me. "So, we're not going to talk about what just happened? At all?" I asked. Akira gave me one of those gazes that could kill. "For all that talk about us being ready if something happens in a fight, that seemed like a major issue right there!" I said, not willing to let it go. "You have no idea what this is about. Let it go." She growled and walked aside, apparently wanting some time alone with her thoughts. I sighed. It didn't take a genius to realize we were done for today. "I know it's not my place," I told Erif, "but she needs help. That can get her killed!"

Erif glared after Akira. "Limited time was never part of it, either." The Ta-Toa turned back to Fiera. "I assume when she trusts us enough to talk about it, she will."

"Yeah..." I sighed, staying silent for a while, before my attention ran out. "And HEY... How did you do thaaaaaat!" I whined, feeling left out. Everyone but me could command at least their elements now, even if only sporadically.

"I contained my anger till the cap broke. Funneled it into flames."

I thought about what he said for a moment. Remembering my attempts at the Inn, it would certainly seem like anger and Ta-Toa were bound together. But my bottle just wouldn't break. "I see." I said, wondering what it would take for me to get mad enough. "I guess I'll just have to wait for it." I sighed. "I just feel so worthless."

Erif's face softened and he put his arm around Fiera. "Never feel that way."

I gave him a weary smile and rested my head on his shoulder. "Well, looks like we have a free evening. Any idea what to do with it?" I smiled, guilty of lust. Who wouldn't be after he put a paladin to the ground for me, even though not entirely by his doing.

Erif smiled and kissed Fiera. This wasn't a rushed affair like last time. Nope, this was a long, slow, leisurely kiss. "I can think of a few ways, not all of them appropriate."

"No no, please, by all means, do continue..." I smiled, meaning both the kiss and his line of thought.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC:

God, Kehuri was getting more and more snarky every time we met. And I had a sneaking suspicion that those encounters may have been the exact reason why, too.

"Yeah well, you kids can do whatever you want; just don't tell me about it, 'kay?" I shot back, rolling my eyes in a dramatic (but ultimately good-natured) fashion as I headed for the doorway. "Last thing we'd want is for you to corrupt a sweet, innocent girl like me, right?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

I turned and glared serrated knives at the now-choking (haha, karma does work!) Ril, "You, shut up!"

Switching my attention back to the Toa-wonder himself, I found my arsenal of witty comebacks had run disturbingly dry, and thus, satisfied myself with just sticking my tongue out at him.

While doing my very best not to laugh at the implications of his facial expression.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Kehuri

The Toa of Earth grinned. Having nothing much to do, he got up, picked up his things and followed the leaving 'troops' outside, though he remained in the village. He was quickly distracted by the view of the jungle all around. Exercising some tricks he'd learned from Plagia, he climbed on top of a hut and sat down before the ILF had left. A moment to show off how good a student he was.

He decided he might as well give them a send-off. Setting his bag and shield aside, he placed his bongos in front of him. His friends had yet to hear him play.

Closing his eyes, he heard the music of the mines again. The strike of pick on stone, the rhythmic clanging. His heart began to beat faster, and his hands fell, beating the leather membrane to match. He bobbed his head, creating the pulse of the music, which his rhythm followed. A jungly beat wafted from the rooftop, lively and cheerful. Kehuri felt it reminded him of a time past, before the Koros grew. A simpler way of life, the everyday beat of a single instrument, before the arrival of modern society. The thought brought a smile to his face.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Erif capped his anger, not even acknowledging Vorlik as he walked a tiny ways into the forest with Fiera."Now, where were we? Oh yeah."Erif kissed her again.IC: KaithasIt's me again.So, what have I been doing for the past months...Oh, that's right. Dealing with tremendous amounts of survival guilt, hunting Rahkshi.Fun fun fun.Finally, I decided to take a break. Daylaria is somewhere around, though I asked to have today alone with my thoughts.

Edited by Kaitholas Cage

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Xarya (Le-Wahi Clearing)

"Probably" Xarya replied as she briefly followed Erif and Fiera with her eyes, before she turned to the other Vo-Toa

"Very impressive fight, did you have some prior training? Or did you just make the most out of your first six months as a Toa?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"I saw Akira activate the ring that turned Fiera, and you into Toa. I was interested, and walked over to see what had happened. Akira told me about the paladins, and it interested me. I thought they could protect the innocent more than one who followed the Toa code every could."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Xarya (Le-Wahi Clearing)

"Yeah, I noticed you weren't wearing a ring" Xarya commented.

"Eh, I guess there's no harm in that"

As she spoke, she started fiddling with the sword she'd brought with her, angling it slightly so it caught the sun's rays and left a small patch of grass illuminated.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Tuli from Onu-Wahi.

IC Tuli

(Le-Wahi):

Tuli had to shield her eyes as she and Khervos emerged from the Le-Onu-tunnel. She hadn't understood how long she had spent underground until now. Birds of numerous species greeted the pair with their shreaks. The smell of jungle was overwhelming compared to the damp air in Onu-Koro.

"Mata Nui, it's bright", Tuli said.

OOC: Viima from Ga-Wahi

IC Viima

(Le-Wahi):

Not far from Khervos and Tuli, on the land route to Le-Wahi and Le-Koro, Viima walked in silence. He was still dwelling on the death sentence of her ex, no matter how evil she had turned out to be.

Stop thinking, you fool. She got what she deserved. And I've got others to help.

Viima hurriedly walked along the path to Le-Koro, ignoring the welcoming sounds of the jungle. He was in Le-Koro sooner than he had expected.

Rising to the downtown of Le-Koro, Viima started looking for Toa Orderin. They had some things that needed to be dealt with.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC: Akira, Fiera

Akira was in a turmoil. Despite the fact that she managed to look like it has passed, the scarring on her back still felt live. Fiera was right, this could cost her dearly one day. And she didn't know if she had the courage to deal with it. Talking about it still opened too many wounds.

She shuffled back towards her stuff, picking up the bag and staff. They wouldn't need the ring for the rest of the tests tomorrow. Overhearing the conversation about where they were going to sleep, she just snickered. "Wherever you feel comfortable. There's rarely an abandoned hut always conveniently placed on your way." She said and headed to check up on Noira. "Well, what's the verdict?" she asked about her progress as she sat down next to her, glad to be thinking of something else for a change.

"We could go out, listen to the bands, have a dinner..." I was silenced by another kiss, "... Or not...." I said, returning it.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Akira

Akira looked over her shoulder, checking the letters and giving an approving hum. Something then moved in the corner of her vision and she instantly looked there, her hand reaching for the staff. The visitor didn'T look hostile though, just standing thee and watching. She waved him to approach.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Kaithas/ErithNot to be stuck up or anything, but I'm getting far better at being right.Not always a good thing.I walked up slowly. Sure, I have a Kualsi, but going 'BAM I'M ALREADY HERE' doesn't tend to put people at ease.I crossed my arms, all too aware of the sword across my back."Toa Erith, at your service. Just thought I'd watch you train for a while."IC: Erif held the kiss, putting a hand on each side of her waist."Well, what do you want to do?"

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"Sure." Akira said, not entirely letting her guard down but relaxing a little. "Though I'm afraid you came a bit too late. I just let them off the hook." She shrugged. "Something else I can do for you?"

I thought about it for a second, not really able to decide. It was true that we didn't see much of Le-Koro and I wondered if the parties were as wild as they said, but then again, lying down and just listening to the fauna didn't sound that bad either, As long as he was there. "I'll tell you what i want. I want YOU to decide for once." I said cheekily.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension