BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Xarya (Le-Koro, Marketplace)

On the way towards the Brightstar Inn, Xarya had to walk through the marketplace first, which had gotten so crowded that there was no room to use a Kakama. Still carrying the elongated package, Xarya suddenly saw the crude bone armor of Akira somewhere in the crowd, and made for them.

"Hi" she said "I've got what I need"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: [ Krios ] - Le-KoroKrios forked over three widgets to a hard-faced waitress in exchange for a slab of fresh-baked meat pie with herb sauce and cheese. Not bad, for a second-rate tavern.But it was when he glanced up and saw his landlord coming in, that he knew the odds were with him. Even better, the Le-Matoran was sober enough to talk business, and the gambler's debt was paid promptly, in full, and with good feelings all around. Even the waitress was pleased, for the Le-Matoran immediately turned around and bought three quarts of expensive... something. Krios didn't know what it was, but it looked like pure alcohol and smelled strong enough to burn a hole straight through the wooden floor.Ah, the fool. The things people will do to their bodies are beyond belief. None of my business, though.He finished off the last of his pie, munching thoughtfully at the golden crust, and then a sharp voice broke into his mind."You're the one called Krios, yes?"He looked up, surprised. It was the waitress."Ye-s." he replied slowly, questioningly. "Yes, that is I.""Brione is looking for you." she said bluntly. "He and a few cutthroat friends of his. They've been all over town; how they haven't found you yet, I don't know. They mean to kill you, come what may."Krios stared at his empty plate, feeling suddenly sick. He hadn't thought they'd venture to bother him in the village itself. He wasn't ready. He wasn't--Nerve. I must keep my nerve.He got to his feet, eyes cold. His voice was calm. "Thank you. If they come here, tell them I have gone to Onu-Koro."He turned on his heel, drawing his stiletto. The seven-inch protosteel blade flashed in the dim light as he went out the door, and then he vanished in the bustling streets and was gone.He would not seek out a better weapon, not here. He would leave this leaf-green village in the sky, and he would leave it now.And if Brione followed him to Onu-Koro, he would not find him.I always wanted to see Ga-Koro. No time like the present.OOC:A hasty departure, yes. But Krios is needed elsewhere. Destiny calls. :PKrios to Ga-Wahi; also, a twenty-four hour timeskip.

IC (Weta): "There are actually several ways of doing it" Weta answered. "I've been asking around the gukko force for ideas. Apparently, it's all about looking in the right place and knowing what to look for. Elemental powers of fire can sense their body heat; gravity, their mass; sonics, their breathing and heartbeat, and iron and magnetism, their armour. I've been keeping an eye on the magnetic fields around me ever since I got back to the village here, but I've not felt anything unusual so far. I will keep looking though."

IC: "Ok, I think I understand, I just don't like this quiet. I would much rather be standing and fighting an enemy I can see than hunting an invisible lunatic."

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

IC:

Sisk almost jumped up in his chair, except that he recognized the figure sleeping on his desk and managed to counter the instinct, for the sake of his ankle, which would not have agreed with such a sudden motion. Instead, he just harrumphed, then grabbed the same tablet again, quicker than Lashev could grab it.

"You mind telling me what you are doing nap-sleeping on an officer's desk?" he asked

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Ta'Rae

On a nearby rock, Ta'Rae watched as the leaders of the ILF began to converse with the representatives from Ga-Koro. "All this talk of politics, it makes my head hurt," he thought. "Why does everything have to be so darn complicated? Ah, if only this was a simpler time..." Axe embedded in the ground, he tossed away the core of the fruit he had just ate. Watching a De-Matoran emerge from the forge, his head turned slightly, and then went back to staring at the ground.

IC: Xarya (Le-Koro Bazaar)

"Well, I did a lot of climbing and jumping around in my free time, so I'm pretty surefooted. And I've learned how to unleash short bursts of elemental power, but that's about it, really. I used to be a weaver, though"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Akira

"I'm just glad you don't speak the local accent." Akira grinned. "There used to be four castes in the order. Knights, who mastered their weapons, Sorcerers wh fought with their elements, Menders - those helped the people by healing and caring for them, and then the priests, who sought the future. You have a lot of options to pick and you don't necessarily have to stick to just one. Everyone should know basics of all four." Akira explained, "But, unfortunately, I still can't recall much about healing, so should you choose that path, we're both going to become frequent visitors of the libraries."

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Xarya (Le-Koro Marketplace)

"Well, I kind of like using my powers, it feels more natural. Though I wouldn't have anything against learning how to use this"

And with that, Xarya removed the clothing from the mysterious object, revealing it to be a shining longsword, nearly perfect in every detail, an imprint of a lightning bolt running up the blade. The sunlight played on the cold metal like the sun was admiring itself in the reflective surface.

"I got it when I became a Toa, I never learned to use it, though"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Vorlik

Vorlik nodded, and started to move towards the inn. Fiera was holding a cross bow in her hands. Vorlik said, "You know, I'm the second on the team in terms of skill. I could train you while we wait for Akira, Xarya and Noira."

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: Zarya is an ISS module, not the character :P

The paladin whistled, looking at the sword admirably. "Now THAT looks nice. Even though a longsword is rather common, one has to respect the classics." she said, taking in the detailed work. "Although personally, I prefer exotics." With a gentle tug on the hilt, her urumi unclipped from her waist and uncoiled to it's full length, waving like a snake as they walked. "You're going to learn to work all sorts of weapons over time, if you choose the ways of the Knight, but it might be worth investing into a ranged weapon if you find liking in your lightning. You'll see what's 'you' as you progress." Akira said and stopped, waiting for the others to take a few steps and make some room before swinging her hand, wrapping her blade back to it's place. "What about the kanohi? That goes for both of you." She said, giving Noira a headnod.

IC: Fiera

"Hm, now that you mention it, yes, I need to catch up on a lot." I said, thinking briefly what to ask about first. "Any pointers on how to summon my element? I tried before, but I can't even do smoke, much less flame." I said in a frustrated tone. Not handling the mask was OK. I didn't even know what power my mask gained. The fact that it looked like a Hau apparently meant a little, as evidenced by Akira's mask. But I knew what my element was, and the fact that I seemed to have no mastery over it was infuriating.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Vorlik

"Hm. Well, this is what I recommend for you. Hold out your hand, palm up, and concentrate as hard as you can on making a flame in it. That would be the first step." Vorlik pointed a finger at the ground and shot a bolt of lightning out of it.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Fiera

"Hmph..." I groaned. This was exactly what I tried back in Ta - Koro. The trouble was: Concentrate how? Concentrate what? I held out my outstretched palm, glaring at it like it was a rotten part of me that needed to be gone. I sat down cross-legged, trying to imagine a little flame dancing on my palm. After a minute of nothing happening, I was boiling inside.I whacked the ground, and with a frustrated roar took a nearby pebble and thrown it away, like my problems could go with it.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

"Good, you can activate it. That should make my job a little easier." She said, with one of those sadistic smirks again, "We'll see how well can you control it later." she paused, thinking of something. "Say, when you were high-branch, have you noticed any clearing nearby we could use as practice ground?" she asked, recalling trees, trees and only trees on their way here from Ta-Wahi.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

I.C. Vompran (Pala-Koro tavern)

Vompran, who had been mostly avoiding eye-contact now looked at Kethrye after the diplomat left.

"You seem very hesitant to put your trust in anything. It seems as though you don't believe Hahli was made Akiri for a good reason. You never can be too careful I suppose." Vompran assumed most Ko-koronans were like that.

He gazed out the window. "Do you think there is some sort of turmoil between the villages now that the smoke is clearing from the Makuta war?"

IC:

Kethrye nodded. "Yeah, things aren't looking good. You'd think Makuta's death would bring us closer together, allow trade and expansion to flourish and it has done that, but it's also forced old conflicts and grudges to drift to the surface. Kehuri did have a point, without a grand enemy to rally against-"

Kethrye sighed. "Anyway, there's really nothing we can about that. Apart from reading ourselves, whether by rebuilding Pala-Koro or forming alliances, to weather whatever gets thrown at us."

He reached for the burger on the plate in front, rising it up to his mouth and biting into it, chewing it, then swallowing. It was edible, which said a lot about Esao's culinary prowess when you considered what he had to work with.

"Speaking of alliances, how about we check in on our good neighbor Akiri Kongu?" He turn his head to sweep his gaze at the room of friends. "After we've finished eating, 'course."

Edited by BenLuke

IC: Akira, Fiera

"Oh for the love of... That's what I've been doing!" I barked, burning with rage at this point. And still, not burning enough. If anger didn't set a Ta-Toa off, what did?! It was then when Akira's group turned the corner and came into view. And the moment they did, the water Toa's face darkened, displeased with something. "What are you frowning at?" I snapped and got up. "Why is it so hot in here?" I waved my arm around, feeling the air. "Ha. Heh heh. Progress." I said and Akira's face flared up as she understood what was going on. "Having trouble summoning your power I see. It often requires a trigger. Strong emotion, combat conditions, life threatening event... Or even a dream. Don't sleep on anything flammable for a couple of days." She gave a few hints, the last one leaving me gob smacked. "F... For real?" I asked after a few seconds. "No." the older toa shook her head. I took a breath to shout something, but in the rush I couldn't figure out what fast enough, so I resorted to just pointing a finger at her swinging my fist around. "Everyone present? Let's go somewhere where we won't trash anything and get started. I want to know everything there is to know about your skills yesterday. Lead the way." Akira said, looking at Xarya.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Xarya (Le-Wahi)

"Right" Xarya responded with a nod.

The group took the elevator down to ground level, and Xarya led the way through the vegetation along the miniscule remains of a down-trodden path that hadn't been used in a long time.

When they finally broke through the thick vegetation, the group laid their eyes upon a clearing that contained a simple, rickety little hut. along with a small garden where the previous owner had been growing various fruits and vegetables. A small, abandoned handcart stood by one of the hut walls, and the hut itself was clearly abandoned. The clearing itself was otherwise devoid of any distinguishing features.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Akiri Kongu - Le-KoroAkiri nodded firmly and the Toa turned to leave, "Good luck friend, and thank you," he shook his hand before sending him off.He turned back to the Matoran from Po-Koro. He smiled again, "Sorry about that ma'am, what did you want to speak with me about?"

IC: "Trade proposals, to be succinct." The Matoran said. "We would like to establish a more formal and permanent trade relation between Po- and Le-Koro. In addition, we would also like to set up a radio station in Le-Koro as part of an island-wide radio network we are attempting to construct. The radio station would be operated by Po-Matoran and charge one widget per ten characters for use."

:w:

IC:

I flashed a quick, but sincerely sweet smile at Kehuri, before following the general train of thought in the room, and snatching up one of Esao's undeniably-edible burgers. I took a moment to give the meal a once-over, ensuring that it didn't contain anything I would some day regret eating, before practically ripping the piece of meat apart with my jaw -- in almost direct mimicry of what the poor source-beast would've endured out in the wild.

Tear, chew, swallow, repeat. Within moments, there was nothing left of the burger but some crumbs and a few grease spots which would steadfastly remain for quite some time.

"Right," I announced, wiping the last bits of meat from my face. "So, shall we get going?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Kehuri

Kehuri smiled back at Plagia, and also at Kethrye's comment on him being right. He liked being right. A part of him wanted to accompany them to see how the visit went, but another didn't want him to appear to have joined them again. This was a social visit, nothing more. He quickly and without very much thought, chose between the two.

"I'm staying here," he announced mostly to Plagia. "Until the ILF has... a purpose- and probably a n-new name- I'm staying out. Plus, this is the place where Naru was supposed to show up."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC (Weta): "Me too" Weta confided. "It's unnerving, having to look over your shoulder all the time, just in case there's something lurking there. We need to find this "voice-stealer" as quickly as possible. Do you have any ideas?"

IC: "No, not one. It seems we must continue blindly."OOC: I will be going to bed now, good night.

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

IC:

Totally saw that one coming.

Doesn't mean it didn't sting a little, but whatever. I can deal with it.

Somehow, I had the feeling that the Onu-Toa was mainly making his announcement for my benefit, so I fitted a jaunty, high-flying grin onto my face and replied, "Well, can't say we won't miss you, Kehuri -- but, hey, it's cool. Do say hello to Naru for me, though, won't you?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]