Mafia: Slizers on Okoto

Pahrak Model ZX

Err, revealing his discoveries is kind of the intended purpose of the Detective. Not that anyone ever actually uses the role correctly, but it's supposed to generally out itself while the Doctor is alive to provide town with:

• A confirmed clear
  • A leader
  • Its findings

As for non-detectives pretending to know things, that could in some cases be considered a "roleswap", which is a strategy the Detec can use with their first inno, such as Xae did with Chro in, IIRC, the last By The Numbers?

In any case a good half of our regulars use Random.org to vote so none of this really matters. Run the game however. :P

- :burnmad:

• Upvote 6

I have exaggerated somewhat, but you have certainly seen plenty of people say "RNG says..." when voting, no?

Edit: This talk of deciding games with RNG reminds me; what happened to Hitman?

- :burnmad:

Edited by Shadow Burnmad

I always assumed they were just saying it for comedic effect, when they have no real reason for voting said person.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

So there's like 2 minutes left before voting ends.. I will now reveal my crucial information.

*Pauses for dramatic effect*

EVERYONE IS AN ULTRAREX! You are an Ultrarex and you are an Ultrarex! The Village Drunk is an Ultrarex!

But really, I did have information regarding whom I believed to be an ultrarex, though to respect Pahrak's spoiler request I shall not state my suspicions

• Upvote 3

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

(You’re an Ultrarex, he’s an Ultrarex—I’M AN ULTRAREX!  Are there any other Ultrarexes I should know about?!)

(Also thank you.)

(Also RIP.)

Day 3: Blaze Horizon

Final Tally:

Burgerpants: 2

Voxumo: 3

ToaD: 3

The town was a bit livelier this morning, probably furious at the loss of Trijhak’s affordably-priced bandwagon service.  Voxumo was quick to point the finger at Burgerpants.

“Now hang on a second!” Burgerpants declared before anyone could grab him.  “I won’t be bamboozled again!  Voxumo is the one who scolded Trijhak for his bandwagoning—it makes sense he’d kill him!”

“What?” Voxumo said.  “Preposterous!  The Fire Slizer is hunchbacked, and I’m clearly not.”

Burgerpants shrugged, discreetly turning and picking up a rock.  “Oh, okay, I guess that makes sense.”

He suddenly hurled the rock at Voxumo, who caught it with surprising ease.  In moments the rock began to sizzle.

“Then how do you explain the vent-hand?!”

The crowd gasped and murmured.  Voxumo looked with surprise to his hand, saying, “What, this old thing?  No need to fret.  This fire burns none but its bearer.”

A gleam entered his eye and a smile crossed his face.  The vent-hand began to grow hotter, soon shorting out Voxumo’s disguise; the people stumbled away as the ground around him started to catch on fire.

“And he…oh, he it burns until there is nothing left!”

The villagers scattered as the Fire Slizer’s vent-hand started to overload.  ToaD stumbled and fell before getting very far.  Voxumo closed his eyes, placed the weapon over his chest, and finished, “Not even ashes.”

An inferno raged in the center of the village, yet it claimed only two victims.  Eventually the flames died down.  Gradually, the villagers set to work restoring the square, but not before unceremoniously dumping the charred Slizer corpse into the nearby river.

High above, the Judge Slizer read over a report, not even looking up as the Energy Slizer came into their office.  The visitor cleared their throat and said, “It’s kind of a shame, isn’t it?”

The Ultrarex leader raised an eyebrow.  “What?”

“I mean, the Fire Slizer didn’t even understand what he was doing.  Voxumo wasn’t like that when we left our world…it’s sad that he didn’t live long enough for us to return him to normal.”

“Oh I suppose, in a way.  But as he was, he was dangerous.”

They laid down the report and slid it towards the scout, continuing, “We did an autopsy on his first victim, the Time-Lord.  That species is supposed to regenerate after death, but this one didn’t.  Voxumo’s flames burned away everything in his body, even the energy that should have saved him.”

The Energy Slizer blinked.  “Everything?”

The Judge Slizer nodded.  “Voxumo was a threat to our operation.  His removal is a great step towards completing the experiment.”

Slowly, the Energy Slizer nodded in return.  The Judge Slizer stood and set a hand on his shoulder, offering, “Worry not.  Perhaps he could still be restored.  There’s no telling what we can do once we take control of Time.”

Voxumo (Fire Slizer), lynched

ToaD (Villager), lynched

11 players left: All four Ultrarexes, the City Slizer, the Ice Slizer, the Altered Villager, and four normal Villagers.

Roles have 24 hours to PM their actions!

• Upvote 4

I told you I could have potentially saved the village. I had the potential to kill the Ultrarexes... It was just a crapshoot on whether or not I found them, but the potential was there. 

Though honestly surprised I lasted as long as I did, especially with the city slizer knowing whom I was.

PS: Nice Dark Destiny reference in the scene

Edited by Voxumo
  • Upvote 2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I just looooooooooove coming back after long work shifts to find myself dead in a vote again.

I hope the mafia wins out of spite of you all.

*Pats ToaD on the back*

The bloodlust is strong with this village.

Also I think this was my first time ever playing a Pyro role, in any mafia game.

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I just looooooooooove coming back after long work shifts to find myself dead in a vote again.

I hope the mafia wins out of spite of you all.

*Pats ToaD on the back*

The bloodlust is strong with this village.

Also I think this was my first time ever playing a Pyro role, in any mafia game.

Quick question.

Why did you choose me on night 1?

I'm curious.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I had named two names at random. Yours and someone elses whom I forget stuck out the most when I looked at the list of players. Night 2 killings were actually strategic.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"There’s no telling what we can do once we take control of Time"

...I don't think I like the sound of that. :3

Also, Voxumo was Torch, the best Throwbot, therefore he should kill Mantax for irony. =P

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Night 4: Route of Truth

The City Slizer drove quietly through the half-empty village, stopping to peer into the hut of their intended target for the night.  They were just another Villager.  As they were on their way back, however, something caught their eye.  There was a tree along the path, and a form sat high in its branches, one that the Slizer recognized.

“Ice?”

The Ice Slizer waved.  “Hey.  How’s it going?”

Scowling, the City Slizer said, “You know exactly how things are going.”

They approached the tree as the Ice Slizer shrugged.  “I kind of figured things would go this way.  The Ultrarexes are just too persistent for these villagers to handle.”

“It’s terrible.  What are they even doing here?  They already have the Temple of Time—why do they need to alter a villager?”

The Ice Slizer turned over the crystal in their hand.  “The Temple isn’t the problem.  It’s the Mask.”

The City Slizer looked at them.  “What?”

“The Mask of Time is the source of the Temple’s power.  But, the Mask can’t be used by Slizers.  Only Okotans.”

Looking down, the City Slizer began to piece things together.  “…The Okotans wouldn’t agree to work with us.  But, if they could be made sympathetic somehow—if we could make an Okotan willing to activate the Mask for us…”

They looked back up only to find that the Ice Slizer had gone.  Turning back to the road, they thought, This is just the test.  If they can make the Altered Villager work, then they can alter as many Okotans as they need to work the Mask.  The stakes here are even higher than I realized.

Meanwhile, Luroka was throwing together a makeshift projectile launcher.  He could do the math: the Ultrarexes made up a disturbingly large portion of the surviving population, and there was no telling who they would come for next.  He wanted to be ready.

Unfortunately, he wasn’t, and the Rock Slizer was able to bash in his door followed by his head.  Laughing, the Slizer looked over the half-made weapon.

“This is the best you primitives can do?  Eh, whatever, I may as well steal it.”

Luroka (Villager), Killed by Rock Slizer

Suspect List:

Burgerpants

Dragon.star

Underscore

Shadow FF

jed1ndy

You have 24 hours to vote!

• Upvote 2

Ooh ooh *waves ghostly hand vigorously through the air* I know who the rock slizer is! Choose me! Get a medium up in here.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Wait a minute, if the Ultrarexes outnumber the village then that means they win the game.

Unless you changed the rules up for the Ultrarexes to have to kill everyone. Then they have one already.

Edited by ToaTimeLord
  • Upvote 2

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Ultrarexes: Hostile Slizers who have blended into the village population.  Each night they will kill one player, and they win the game by killing all Okotans and Robotops (aside from the Fire Slizer).

There must be no survivors.

Dragon.star: 2

Ooh ooh *waves ghostly hand vigorously through the air* I know who the rock slizer is! Choose me! Get a medium up in here.

*drags them away from your ghostly hands and makes references with them instead of giving helpful information*

Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow for some answers. =P

(Now to rebubble this conversation with the name Guurahk_eRahkshi for multiple layers of irony, only for it to be a distaction.)

*The amount of references in this fills you with determination*

Also, the village's aim is getting better!

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Day 4: Cold Without End

Final Tally:

Dragon.star: 3

Burgerpants: 3

Dragon.star didn’t resist when they were led to the gallows.  A noose was set around their neck, and the executioner stared for a moment, coughed uncomfortably, and asked, “You, uh…have any last words?”

They looked out over the small crowd of remaining villagers.  “To the Ultrarexes: I may have disagreed with it, but I hope your plan works.  You’ve paid such a high price for it now that it’d be a real shame if it was all for nothing.”

And that was that.

Burgerpants was another story, loudly proclaiming his innocence as he was led up.  His executioner shook their head, saying, “You keep saying ‘bamboozled’, and bamboozled has bamboo in it.  You know what else has bamboo in it?  A jungle.  You’re the Jungle Slizer!”

“But I thought we were voting for the Rock Slizer?”

Unfortunately logic could not sway the villagers, and once again, they hung one of their own.

Dragon.star (Ice Slizer), lynched

Burgerpants (Villager), lynched

8 players left: All 4 Ultrarexes, the City Slizer, the Altered Villager, and 2 normal Villagers

Roles have 24 hours to PM their actions!

You know, even if the city slizer was able to get the 2 remaining villagers to vote with them, they would still lose.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu