Bzprpg - Kumu Islets

Friar Tuck

IC: (Kino Iho)"See that is what I like to hear!" Kino chuckled aloud. "See we can play to our skills this way. Shadow adapts, shadow wraps." Kino nodded. "Not five minutes after the first stealth group moves in, our heavy hitters, our main force will be lead by Zenix. He will direct those of you with more upfront combat styles and you will pick your targets, two against one would be preferable. We are followers of Makuta we don't fight fair, that much should already be apparent. I would still like everyone to use their own discretion on how to handle any complications should they arise. Now along with this guy here, our stealth-soldiers will be working sabotage, weakening our enemy. The more we can cripple them, the easier the main force can pick them off and put them out of their misery. The fire will spread chaos in their village. It will divide their attention but not ours." She paused for a second, she needed to think to organize."Alright name/code-names whatever you prefer to be called by and your talents. We're figuring this out now so we can put people in the right places."

Edited by The Mask

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: Aurum"Good. Once we're done in setting the oil and whatever else you'll need, I'll send a signal in the form of 3 flashing lights. Then, I'll join the main fighting force. The buildings will be down in no time - any unfortunate soul trapped might just get melted."He turned to see the other warriors. "So who else is going to infiltrate with me?" He then added, to Kino, "For my code name......if it truly is required.... You may call me 'Gold'."

Edited by Jl1223 X

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Pae - Kumu-IsletsPae nodded to Aurum, quietly. He would be a part of the stealth team. They already knew how well he ran things when in the dark. His choice to not speak was testament to his preference of stealth.Pae was exceptionally good at speedily moving quietly. He had trained himself for as much control with his Kakama, focusing on a more gliding movement than a running movement in order to quickly travel in the dark. His armor was designed for as little contact as possible without sacrificing protection. Granted, it wouldn't stop an axe, but it would deflect knives. It didn't matter. He was simply too fast.He thought back to the ring, the name he was known as by his... "fans" was an unorthodox name, and didn't really make much sense unless the context was considered. He would break the knees with his dual hammers, speedily and precisely with his Kakama before snapping their neck, all within hardly two seconds. Clean, brutal, effective, efficient. Eventually, whenever Pae had gotten to the point where he would do this, 'Break!' was a phrase picked up on by the crowd.Pae looked up his code-name decided upon, "Break."

Edited by We Are Legion

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: AurumAurum acknowledged Pae's nod. He then spoke to everyone, "I'm sure that if we meet any problems....we can improvise. And now, we're just waiting for people to get ready."OOC: don't forget that Pala Koro has an elemental energy blocking barrier, and it's walls is opened by a Toa of Iron opening it's gates.....so how Ambages might get us past, I don't fully understand. Could someone explain?

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

OOC: @Bordakh, Madu Cabolo plants with wicks, as The Mask specified. I'm sure that like a normal match, it is lit by friction.IC: AurumGold. Break. Smoke. These names would be the ones they'd use in the assault, and, should they be captured, the one they will be known as to the enemy. He knew that everyone here could easily take on several other Toa alone, and that'd be their advantage in the ensuing fight. With Pae's Kakama, and Ira's Volitak, along with his Mahiki, he started to form a plan for the sabotage - one which the others would hopefully follow."Ok. Break, Smoke, as you'll be known for now, I understand that Break, you have a Kakama. I want you to try to place Madu Cabolo oil anywhere and everywhere except places where we will have an advantage fighting against - small hills, a grouping of rocks - this will be the place where we can easily fight back and expect to bring down much more than we would be if we were fighting in a fire. To Take them out as quick as possible. If I were you, I'd place some form of notice so our teammates on the outside can see it easily. Smoke, since you're a Toa of Fire, you can light the oil and since you are also a master of using fire - designate the best places to apply fire which will cripple the ILS and its buildings as fast as possible - for example, block off the armory. And then, focus on making sure that their defensive positions go down. I'll go around myself weakening their buildings structure so the fire will be quick and efficient. With stealth on our side, I am sure we can easily cripple most of their help, cause mayhem, and generally make everything easier."He looked on the map."Once that's done, we'll meet at the beach to the north. Light the fire, I'll send the signal, and we'll be all set to fight on the defensive positions we've claimed. They will quickly try to shut off the fires - we slow them down on that, and they'll be even more weaker. Should they succeed in stopping the fire, they would have been weakened, and by that time, we're still standing strong to wreck them. Now, the biggest problems we might have should be night patrols and the gate. We'll be going in when the night patrols are at their most tired point, so it should be fine for us to sneak in. My illusions can stop them from realizing we've entered through the gates - so entering will be no problem."He then turned back towards Kino."I'm sure most of us are ready. It would be wise to head out now - by the time we reach Pala-Koro, it will be the best time for an assault."OOC: Looks like I'm gonna have to stay awake tonight. I suggest we get this thing under way, now. I don't really want to wait for a long time. And if this drags out for 2, 3 days, at least I have monday and tuesday off so I can just... not sleep. (/BadPokerFace)

Edited by Jl1223 X

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: AurumAurum looked towards KuAnLo, or Kal (Which was easier to pronounce). Hunched, infected, and probably quite a bit messed up with his powers. Aurum nodded. "Should things go haywire, or there's a bit too many guard patrols somewhere, I'm sure you can help us out."OOC: Too many people and it won't be a stealth team...and we might just not have anyone to help with Zenix and Kino :PCome on guys, so excited for this I dont' wanna wait. (I know, I have no life.)

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

OOC:After this I won't be back for like six hours. :/I'm sorry.Bring Pae to the village. Aurum, if you want to bunny him to lay the material at that point I'm fine. I just wish I wouldn't miss this. :/IC: Pae - Kumu-IsletsPae looked over KuAnLo. He could be useful. He looked to Zenix, reaching into his belt pouch. He held up small white pebbles in his hand. He'd need more, but it would do a good job of explaining, "Avoid these, and you'll avoid the Madu Cabolo oil," he handed a couple to Zenix to explain to his team.He placed what was left back in his pouch, turning back to Aurum, awaiting instruction.

Edited by We Are Legion

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC (Echelon)Echelon stared at Kearrstrun."Impossible," he hissed. "And yet...I sense truth in your words. But how..."The Dark Toa's eyes narrowed."No matter. Your fate will be the same."As Dorian made his remarks, Echelon turned to the Toa of Iron and began to stride purposefully in his direction. He stopped with his mask inches from Dorian's. The necromancer stood almost a foot taller than him."What I must wonder, Arekule," he said coolly, "is why you chose an arrogant pretty-boy as your Mark Bearer of Rage. Really, Arekule, your recruiting standards were appalling. I mean, he wears a scarf."Echelon turned away from Dorian, his robes whipping behind him. As the Dark Toa turned his back, Dorian's arm whipped up, gun in hand. His finger touched the trigger -And his Mark glowed a brilliant white. Slowly, shuddering slightly, Dorian's hand moved inwards and pressed the pistol against the base of his own head.Echelon smiled, still keeping his back to the Bearers."Did you really think I would allow you to use that against me?" he asked, his voice patronising as if Dorian were a small child who had made an obvious blunder. "You're a dangerous man, Dorian. I keep people like you on a short leash. And what a leash I created for you..."The Dark Toa faced him again."Look at your shoulder, Dorian. You bear my Mark. You cannot harm me, for you are mine."Echelon's gaze shifted to Kearrstrun."I told you everything you know about the Marks," he said. "But did you think I would tell you everything I knew about them? Knowledge is power, and the wise do not share power."Triumph shone in Echelon's eyes."How do you think I created the timers? They served their purpose well, forcing you to use your Marks and fuel your addictions, and giving you the motivation to gather here. How do you think I knew about every single Bearer, every step of the way? Why do you think Dorian is unable to raise his hand against me?""Tell us," grunted Tank."I will do better," Echelon replied. "I will show you."The Dark Toa raised a hand to his chest, and tapped the armour on his thorax. With a clang of metal, it sprang open like a set of mandibles, revealing the flesh beneath. There, glowing as white as the Temple's markings, was a Mark. An eye, exactly like the one painted on Kearrstrun's armour, and carved into the Temple. It was like the other Marks, but different. As they looked, tendrils of light spread out from it and crept along Echelon's body, twisting around his arms, chest, and legs, and stretching onto his mask until they formed an intricate, white-glowing network on Echelon's armour. As they did so, he rose into the air and hovered several feet off the ground."Behold," he pronounced. "The Master Mark. The instrument of my salvation."A triumphant sneer curled Echelon's mask."And your doom."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

OOC: No worries, I'm sure there'll be enough time. I'll bunny Pae to Le-Wahi together with the stealth group, and unless the attack starts sooner than 6 hours, you'll make it.IC: AurumAurum nodded to what Kino said. (Which is several posts down.)OOC: Oooh, MB plot goes on. A Master Mark on Echelon? Thats nice, although I wonder what happens when you place his hand on the temple. Nothing or everything?

Edited by Jl1223 X

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: (Kino Iho)"Actually you're heading out after me. I made this clear. You will be following, in about a half hour. I will met you where you stealth team is when we are done. Then I relay the message to Zenix's strike force that you are doing the work. When you are finished you will send the signal and although his group will already be inside. They will attacking in earnest." Kino said while refilling a few canteens with Madu Cabolo oil. She grabbed a bandolier of throwing knives and strapped them across her chest. She placed another in a sheath in her boot. She grabbed a small sack of Madu Cabolo extremely ripe at that. When she was sure she was ready she walked past "Gold" and his team. Although Kino wasn't the face of the group's leadership, she was effectively the real leader at this moment."I will meet you when the gates open. We will have to move quickly, as there will be a time when they realize their watchmen has been taken out and their gate has been left open." She said. "Infiltration is my speciality. Which is why I'm going first. You will follow shortly after." Why did she feel like she was going to have to repeat herself a lot to these followers? With that she didn't give him time to respond. Instead she had disappeared into Xa-Koro and even if they were to follow the Toa would have disappeared from view. Already taking a ferry to Le-Wahi. Everything would fall into place soon.OOC: Okay here's where you kids are going to have to learn how to wait. I need to talk with Katuko and a few other people before we attack. Just because you want fire and blood now doesn't mean you're going to get it. Remember when Nuju was getting angry about being swamped with replies and not given time to respond to each post. Don't do that in this fight. Give people a chance to join in and reply.

Edited by The Mask

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: Jikal"No, I really don't think it is." Jikal said, a fire blazing in his eyes that hadn't been there before. He had found the one responsible for the Marks, the one responsible for all of this death and destruction. He had let the genie out of the bottle, and had dared to claim that he controlled that which he unleashed. The sheer arrogance made his blood boil. "You just played your ace, Echelon.""You claim knowledge is power, and yet, you revealed to us the instrument of our destruction. You just claimed responsibility for the Marks, in front of the people who want them gone. And you just insulted the most dangerous man on the island.""You are pathetic, Echelon. Absolutely pathetic. Only a fool would dare to play with forces such as these, and now you will pay for your folly. Count up your sins, necromancer."His last statement was punctuated by several bolts on lightning. one was aimed directly for the Dark Toa, and the others around him, so he would be unable to dodge them all. Jikal was still feeding on the cruelty from Yuru's death. And no Echelon would taste that power.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Dorian (Temple, Kumu Islets)Oh, it's friggin ON.My gun lowered, dropping itself into the holster on my thigh, and I moved my hand towards my scarf. Echelon smiled, seeing this as self-consciousness; no doubt he figured he had affected my ego with his snide remark. Spoiler alert: this third rate, overinflated, arrogant - no, what's worse, arrogant, stupid, and lacking in fashion sense - little "villain" hadn't done anything besides upset me. When I get upset, I lash out. And so I did.My finger twirled around my scarf lovingly before I ripped it away from my neck and swung it outwards; like a viper, hissing and unfurling as it made its way towards its victim, it stretched out and encased itself in iron, latching around Leavit's neck. I yanked backward, sending the Toa of Fire flying into the wall between Utu and me and creating a perfect representation of his face into the stone wall. I yanked the scarf and held Leavit in a chokehold, still pulling and constricting the breath of the Toa, whose face was now ruined and mottled with stone chips that punctured his Kanohi and face."You think your leash is short? I invite you to try mine on for size. I think it'd suit you. In fact, I'm sure it would suit you - almost as much as a bullet in your head."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Already taking a fairy to Le-Wahi. OOC: Okay here's where you kids are going to have to learn how to wait. I need to talk with Katuko and a few other people before we attack. Just because you want fire and blood now doesn't mean you're going to get it. Remember when Nuju was getting angry about being swamped with replies and not given time to respond to each post. Don't do that in this fight. Give people a chance to join in and reply.
OOC: Ok, that IC thing just....wow. I understand what you're saying, but the picture stuck in my mind is pretty hilarious. Oh, and about the swamped attack thing, the 'good' side needs to do the same - they have more chars than we do, they have more attacks than we can dish out. We need to be able to respond to those.IC: AurumAurum sighed. "So.....she's a 1 man attack team. How...surprising. And we didn't even get to know her codename."OOC: To the 'about half an hour' thing......30 minutes IRL? Edited by Jl1223 X

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Dalia:"I think there's still some left Praggos," Dalia said, feeling like they all were about to be doomed, "Besides, maybe a huge rock will fall from beyond the sky and crush him, or maybe Makuta-followers and 'good guys' will unite for tea, or maybe dragons exist. I'm sure there's plenty sanity to be thrown out the window."

IC-Praggos:"Actually, Dragons do exist. They're rather nice creatures, assuming you don't make them mad." Praggos shrugged."Regardless, that doesn't matter now. Dorian," he said calmly, not even turning to look at the Mark Bearer of Rage who he addressed, "Would you like some poisons or various other drugs to use?" He smiled slightly."On them, of course."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Having to take a certain amount of liberty here, for the sake of the MB plot. I really feel bad having to do so, but certain things have to happen to continue Legion's plan. Sorry! :(IC (Echelon)Echelon laughed as lightning crashed around him - but none of the bolts struck him."Evidently you have failed to pay attention, Jikal," he called to the Toa of Lightning. "You are mine; your Mark will never allow you to harm its Master."All the Bearers' marks suddenly glowed white. A white, shimmering shield of energy rose from the sides of the Temple - one of its defences, activated by the Master Mark. While it was active, nobody would be able to get in or out."But enough of this," Echelon continued. "It is time you learned the true purpose of the Marks."The Bearers listened, many of them doing so only begrudgingly."They shall grant me eternal life, and you are my elixir," he said calmly, and yet inside he was relishing the moment - all the planning, all the risks, finally reaching fruition. "I will absorb the power you have stored in your marks, and with it, your life force. Together, all your lives will grant me immortality - you will die, and in doing so you will give my the means to ensure that I never will."Echelon's voice crescendoed as he spoke, reaching its climax."And now - it begins!"The Master Mark blazed. Tendrils of white energy began to stream from each Bearer's Mark, wisps of light trailing towards Echelon as their life began to be drained out of them. The Necromancer spread his arms wide, ready to receive his elixir of life...IC (Merror)Merror looked on in horror as Echelon's plan reached its climax. There was nothing he could do, no way he could get past the force-field...Again, he was too late to act.OOC: Bearer owners, please do not try to fight Echelon at this point. You will have ample time for revenge later, but please put any action on hold because Legion needs to be able to respond to this post.If you want to have your characters respond to this, then the draining process should effectively incapacitate them.I know I may be pushing my luck here, and I beg you all to be patient and allow things to unfold. As I have said in GD, the Master Mark is merely a plot device, and Echelon will not succeed in draining your characters' life force.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:The day had grown long, and the verdant trees cast their dark images upon the ground and upon their neighbors. The jungle, in the evening, was transformed from a bright maze of trees into a dappled one of shadow. Leaves stirred and boughs bent in the wind, ruffling this multifaceted web of darkness that seemed superimposed over and yet simultaneously woven into the vegetation. Bugs buzzed, small Rahi chirped and clicked and hooted, but the sounds of the daytime were beginning to quiet, replaced by the shifting whisper of trees and the hovering torches of fireflies. In the dancing blackness, a corporeal being stepped out from the dark side of a tree in the middle of the jungle as though emerging from a vertical pool. The being was at once formed and released by the shadow from which he emerged, as if the shade was opening the arms of an embrace and letting a dreamer seep out. The being, darker than the olive patches cast by the dying sun around him, once he was fully realized, started to walk silently through the undergrowth, brushing aside foliage here and there as he emerged into the light, and into the vision of every Mark Bearer....Heuani had made his speech to the assembled armies of Makuta just a short while earlier. When he had melted into shadow there among them, he had reappeared elsewhere in the jungle, pouring almost as a liquid from under the exposed roots of a grandfatherly tree. The location he'd picked had been random, just one of the darker places he'd sensed out in the deep green. But when the Toa of Shadow had come out of the cage of roots he'd picked, his ears had been immediately met by the sound of heated voices, too far away for Heuani to discern what they were saying. His interest thus piqued, Heuani had shadow-jumped again and brought himself closer to the noise. It was, he discovered, a group of various beings arrayed around the steps of a decrepit-looking sandstone temple whose voices he was hearing. From this hidden place, maybe fifty yards distant, Heuani had extended his senses through the shadows of the jungle until he could easily eavesdrop on the arguments while pressed against the trunk of a tree, out of the arguers' sight. He'd had nothing better to do. But as the conversation had carried on for the next half-hour or so, Heuani found his casual interest evolving to real attentiveness. The arguers speculated about the nature of their "marks" and of the contents of the temple they stood in front of, which they hadn't seemed to be able to riddle open. Heuani had rightly gathered that these were the "Mark Bearers" he had encountered passing talk about: beings who fed upon various emotions... The mark Bearers reminded Heuani a little of himself, that way. He smiled privately. The Toa of Shadow continued to lean against the tree in silence and stillness, listening to the drama unfold.When he had heard the name "Echelon" mentioned, Heuani's ears pricked up with renewed vigor. He knew that name: Echelon had disposed of one of the members of the Chronicler's Company, back in the days when Heuani hadn't been allowed to leave his master's lair, and he was also one of the leaders of the army Heuani had just spoken to... of course, Echelon didn't seem to be leading at the moment. Echelon arrived, and Heuani could tell that the atmosphere instantly tensed when he started to talk. Echelon made a grandiose speech about how all those he was addressing were under his control, and about some "Master Mark." When some kind of white light flared up and turned the trees between Heuani and the Mark Bearers into long, absolute silhouettes, and Echelon's voice rose to its climax, Heuani shadow-jumped a final time, choosing a tree just a few feet away from the steps of the temple...."And now," Echelon proclaimed from his place in the air, "It begins!""I'm very glad to hear that," Heuani replied, emerging suddenly, languidly into view. "I'd become so impatient waiting for the light show to start."

test2.png

IC: Dorian (Temple, Kumu Islets)..."Okay," I said through gritted teeth, determined to keep standing, hand still around Leavit's throat; a dark laugh escaped from my throat, soft, musical, yet intertwined with a razor's edge that made Echelon perk up and tighten his guard. "Now you really don't have a chance."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Skyra - Temple, Kumu Islets -I had been just moments too late. I was just outside the shield with Wraith and Tillian, of all the rotten luck. I knew I should off moved in closer. "ECHELON!" I yelled in anger, slamming my fists against the shield repeatedly.

Edited by Overlord Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: JLJL had ran around, looking for his old friends. He had just about given up hope seeing as it was now dark as the shadow itself, when he heard a shout. It was far off in the distance, but he could vaguely make out the name, 'Echelon', a name which he had pursued and attacked for some time.He activated his Arthron while levitating just above the trees using electromagnetism. What he saw wasn't nice. He dropped into the trees, and started sprinting in the direction of the Temple.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: PirokPirok glared coldly as Echelon's plan reached its climax. There was no way to stop him, not from outside... but something would go wrong. It always did. It had to.He only recognised two of the Bearers, Dorian and Nikarra. Dorian, he couldn't care less for. Nikarra... she was his friend, and the sister of someone he could almost call a friend. She'd made bad life choices, but she was a good person underneath.She wasn't going to die. He had sworn to himself that he would kill Echelon when he got the chance, and if -- no, when -- something went wrong, he was going to be there, to get rid of Echelon in his moment of weakness. No-one else was going to be hurt by the necromancer.Pirok turned to Merror, and spoke calmly, "Merror... hand me one of your swords."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Utu - Kumu-Islets - Mark Bearer TempleUtu watched the Toa approach.He seemed. Different.Utu was suddenly drawn to the Toa now, apparently he was known by Dorian. A friend? Dorian doesn't have friends. An ally? Possibly. No matter, Dorian seemed pleased about his appearance.Arekule watched the Toa continue advancing towards them, "It is a light show indeed."He tilted his head, "You thought your information was undiscovered by others. Like it was exclusive."Arekule stepped back to the wall and planted it. The eye glew vibrantly before the doors started to rumble, slowly opening."I have been ahead of you every step of the way Echelon. I have been ready for this moment."Arekule hit his chest with a closed fist. Beneath the paintings, beneath the mural, a faint light started to shine, "I too have a Master Mark."Arekule spread his hands out, palms up, "You will not take their lives," The draining was put on hold, Arekule pushing as much power as he could into this process. Keeping it at bay. Echelon pushed back, realizing the pair was frozen in place.A low growl started to emanate from Arekule's throat. The Mark Bearers were jerked from their locked positions, stumbling to regain their balance, "Enter the temple now! There is not much time left!" Utu sprinted inside first, along Tank, who was still carrying Salvinn. The pair met eyes in their mad dash, but didn't say anything. There was nothing else to be said."It's our time Echelon."Echelon gave a worried glance to Hueani.All his life he had been leading up to this moment. During his studies, watching candidates, plotting, planning. He feared it would end this way. He had tried to avoid it, trick death, trick Echelon. But he saw now, there was no fooling fate. There was no fooling destiny.Arekule growled again.The end of the corridor was a large door, the Mark of Contempt bore proudly on it's surface, "Praggos!" The Toa of ice shoved past Utu and Tank, slamming his hand on the door. It slid open. The Bearers continued on their run. Tank squinted to see what was next."Dalia! You're up!"Arekule's voice was strained, "I may not survive this encounter, but I will not let you get away with the evil you have imposed upon them.""You cannot stop what's been set in motion. I will have eternal life!"The Mark of Pleasure door slid open. Tank watched Dalia run through the next set of doors before Praggos and Utu.Utu called out, "Mark of Lust!"Nikarra sped up, pushing past Tank carrying Salvinn. Tank followed after."There has been one thing I have learned on this journey. You cannot cheat death."Emotia lifted her hand off the Mark of Excitement, letting the others run past before continuing. Utu looked behind him, they were getting much deeper into the temple now. Looking in front again, Reaver was at the front opening the next door."You cannot stop your demise. Not with whatever powers you think you may possess," Arekule started to shake, "I will ensure this.""How far are you willing to go?""Far enough to kill the both of us."Arekule reared back his head, full power flowed through his chest and arms. His plan was to remotely destroy the pair Master Marks. It worked. Arekule's chest exploded in a vibrant display of brilliant white. Echelon's did as well, sending him flying backwards down the stairs.Arekule was launched into the temple doors, smashing his lifeless body against the wall just above the Bearers. They all stopped to stare at him, his chest splintered open. Dead before he hit the wall.Utu shoved past the others to reach it. He stepped over Arekule's body. He stopped in front of the Mark of Fear on the wall, looking at it carefully. He turned and looked at his people. The chosen people. He placed his hand on the door. Slowly, it slid open. All the Mark Bearers dropped."They're unconsious!" Tuara tried to wake Seventh up. She looked to the others before turning her head at the open blackness that was the final chamber.

Edited by We Are Legion

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Dorian (Temple, Kumu Islets)Slowly, my eyes opened. Death was dark; life, as it turned out, was darker in this case. The other Mark Bearers were all down, in various states of unconsciousness, clumped into fleshy piles around me. I stopped and crouched down, checking the pulses of Tank and Utu, before moving on to Praggos, Jikal, and then, finally, Nikarra. The others, I couldn't care less about. The door was opened, and as I turned to stare through the large chasm, cloaked in black like the midnight sky, I felt the slightest rushing of wind, as though a window had been opened in my bedroom..."My dear boy."I turned on my heel, all thoughts of the door jerked away, and met Naara's eyes; her rare, beautiful smile tugged away at her cheeks, bright and ageless, in stark contrast to everything this deep in the temple. I moved forward three steps to embrace her before slowing down. Naara's eyes were still warm, the smile still there, but no longer was her gaze happy, no longer did she seem to have any capability or desire to embrace me; instead, her look was sad and a bit offended."Naara...what are you doing down here? How did you get here? What--"Naara moved forward with liquid quickness and placed a single finger to my cheek, unfurling the appendage across the sharp bones of my face and then bringing it horizontally along my lips. She drew circles around my cruel, thin mouth before pressing the finger towards her own smile and then tracing my shoulders lightly, adjusting my scarf. Deep in my stomach, a pit started to blossom and grow like a flower - no, not a flower. A weed..."My dear boy. Don't you remember?" she drawled, in more of a whisper than anything else. "You killed me."Quiet fell like rain over the room. No one else twitched, no one else even seemed to breath; it was just Naara and me, holding our gazes strong like the rope to a life preserver, being hauled up onto the deck of a boat as the man clinging to it screamed and pleaded and cried up to his God about how all he needed was another day, another couple goodbyes, just a few more gasps of air to fulfill all he wanted to fulfill..."No, I didn't," I laughed, though the sound was uneasy. "I left you in the inn in Ko-Koro. We were gonna eat breakfast together. Remember? We were at the cafe when that moron Cipher crashed through the roof and..."Another finger up to my lips, effectively shushing me; Lord, I was whipped. Naara softly shook her head and stood on her tiptoes, pressing her lips against my forehead. As she did so, my eyes fluttered, and memories crashed through my head like a tsunami, washing families out of house and home and all but their lives, and in some cases, even those, too..."S'okay. I love you."I had looked up to her, as a child so selfishly did to its mother when offered its bottle, and I had held her tightly in a hug. I remembered clearly the words I had wanted to tell her - I love you, too - and I remember choking on them as though they were iron blocks in my trachea, unable to be forced out. So I had held her, tight and carefully and not intending to let go ever. Then, I realized: she could never understand. She could never know what had become of me, what I was destined to do for all eternity, what this clock MEANT for me and the philosophical weight that it burdened my soul with. I had wordlessly reached for my gun, holding it as tightly as I held Naara. Slowly, I closed my eyes, concentrating on this moment, forcing out all available energy...And then I had pushed the barrel against her forehead before she knew what was happening and fired the lone bullet I had created in the gun's barrel. Naara collapsed; there was no blood from this angle, no sign of anything besides the small hole in the side of her head and a small trickle of crimson down one arm. I held her softly and lowered her to the ground, brushing her cheek softly as I murmured two words: "I know."Then I had stood and walked to the village alone...I remembered. No; I couldn't remember. It hadn't happened. Had it?"Dorian. Baby. It's okay. I understand why you did it. It was mercy," she cooed, holding me as I shook like a dying tree, frail and cold in the maw of winter. "Now all you need to do is let me take some mercy on you. Let me end this, and then we can be together, where we don't have to worry about any of this ever again.""E-ever again?" I choked out, unable to cope with the newfound rush of memories in my head. This whole freaking week. All of it; it had all been nothing but a schizophrenic freaking hallucination in my head, playing on a constant repeat to disguise myself from the one truth now dancing in front of my eyes: I had killed Naara. That was why my soul no longer felt the immense tug it had felt whenever she was away in the past; she was well and truly gone, and the truth was, I had taken her.And I had done it because I loved her."Dear boy..." she sighed, choking back tears as her forehead met mine, as her lips met mine, as her fingers traced my chest. "You don't have to fail anymore. You won't have to fail anymore. Ever again. I promise."A sudden burst of anger coarsed through my veins like alcohol, like heroin, like any number of drugs, and I suddenly felt the strength to stand up and push Naara back; the Toa of Water went flying, hit the ground hard, and had just enough time to stand before my Mark-induced stupor sent me flying right into her and tossed her into the wall."I am not a failure," I growled, anger now overtaking me as I drew my gun and fired off a single shot into Naara's chest. She choked and rattled out my name as I took five steps forward, firing four more bullets into her chest and a final charge through her left eye. "Understand me, Naara? I'm not a failure! I'm an artist! I'm a poet! I'm a judge, I'm a jury, I'm an executioner! I'm the monster underneath your bed and I'm the monster inside of it! I am a god! I can be ANYTHING! You UNDERSTAND ME?! ANYTHING!"I closed my eyes, a deep blue anger coursing through my veins and almost palpable in its blinding color, and when I opened them, Naara's body was gone. My gun was holstered. The Mark Bearers were all still out cold. Everything had been a dream; Naara was alive. I hadn't killed her; I loved her. She was alive. Right?Just give me a few decades to keep running that thought through my head. Maybe, eventually, I'll start to believe it.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Keep forgetting that he existsIC: SkaaraaThe toa of gravity silently watched the events that were taking place. He tapped his foot waiting for Echelon to return. Finally, he had had enough. Using his powers to negate gravity around himself, he flew up into the air, scanning the islets for any sign of their leader.OOC: Permission to crash the MB party?

OOC: Permission not granted. Don't gate-crash this plot.IC-Praggos:Just as with Dorian before him, Praggos's eyes slowly fluttered open. In a quarter of a second he was fully awake, looking about the space he was in. He can't have been out for long-they hadn't moved on yet. However, there was one being standing above them, though Praggos could only see a silouhette...Ah. Dorian. Praggos stood, shaking his head slightly as he stepped over beside the other Mark Bearer. His body seemed tense, his eyes...haunted, almost. Praggos stood calm, watching Dorian as he seemed to slowly relax."Nightmares?" he asked quietly, not wishing to surprise Dorian. "Or another vision?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC:Permission denied CM. This is the END of plot that's been jumped on by a lot of people for no good reason. Please don't continue with that tradition.IC: Pae - Kumu-IsletsPae watched as Kino prepared herself.He didn't respond to Gold's comment about Kino. He simply turned and started walking towards the exit, seemingly not caring whether or not the others followed. He needed to collect a lot of white pebbles.

Edited by We Are Legion

| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC: At the Temple, Heuani popped out of the shadows to watch Echelon's 'light show'. And I'm sure that you are allowed to go there, so long as you don't try to change the plot ending.IC: JLJL ran through the forest, until he reached a small clearing. Already, he could hear shouts. Moving out of the lush green jungle, he saw a temple, and a shield. He saw Merror, Pirok, Skyra and several others, and it was evident they were trapped on the outside, forced to watch but not to help as Echelon did...whatever it was he was doing inside the barrier.He slowed down to a stop, found a viewing point, and watched intently.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

OOC: No.IC: Jikal, not for the first time, found himself face to face with Iris. Even in his unconscious state, the two could still converse. The Marks will soon be removed.I know.What will happen to you? Will you be forced out, when the Mark is? Will you find a way to stay? Or perhaps it isn't that simple. Perhaps neither will occur.Always asking questions, Jikal. I don't know. Maybe, with the Mark gone, I will simply fade from existence. Cease to be, and my soul will finally be escorted to the pits of Karzahni, where you believe it belongs. You'd like that, wouldn't you, Jikal?Yes. I would. I want you gone, Iris. I want you erased from my head like you'd never been there. I want you to suffer as you deserve, an eternity of agony. I hope the people you've killed are given the chance to inflict on you the same cruelty you showed them, the same sorrow you forced on their families. I want your cruelty to be forced on you a thousand fold.I want you to choke on it.Oooh, awfully violent, aren't we Jikal? I think I might have had more of an influence on you than you would like to believe. And the truth is, you need me. You aways have.Without me, you would be long dead. Before I came along, you didn't have what it took to kill, even in self defense. You would have shown your enemies mercy, and given them enough time to stab you in the back. I taught you to kill, and I defended you while you were still learning. I gave you the skills to win your fights, first with my knowledge, and then later I gave you Tuara's as well. Before me, you had only the capabilities of a rich boy, fighting for sport. I gave you a convenient scapegoat fo all your actions, because you were too weak to face them yourself. You would have given up, and tried to end it all if you didn't have someone else to push the blame onto.You despise me, Jikal. But in the end, we are two halves of the same coin. You hate to admit it, but you need me.Maybe once. Maybe once I needed you to survive. Maybe I would have died, but perhaps that would have been better. But even if I needed you once, I need you no longer. You did what you say you set out to do. You gave me the skills to survive, you gave me somewhere to place the blame. You taught me to kill. But I've seen the light. I have taken responsibility for my actions, and I have sworn not to let it happen again. You have become useless, and unwanted, Iris. I've already counted your sins, and you will find there is a special level of Karzahni for beings like you.Before Iris could respond, Jikal began to wake. He slowly stood, eyeing Dorian carefully. The Toa didn't look in the most stable state.A short distance away, Skrihen was recovering from her own experience.In he mind's eye, she could see her Mark. The object of her detest, and at the same time, her source of strength. It glowed, and grew in size rapidly, expanding and expanding before her 'eyes'. It seemed it would never stop.But it did. As quickly as it had grown, it stopped, and blackened. The shriveled, black excuse for a Mark was torn away, as she woke. Carefully, she stood and surveyed her surroundings. She looked at Dorian, and raised her eyebrows. "You okay?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:Heuani watched the events before his eyes unfold and stood in pensive silence, as if he either was uncertain how to intervene, or else that he had some deep sense that it was not his place to do so. If any of the Bearers had spared him their attention in that instant, they would have seen Heuani in a very rare state: confusion. Analytical mind racing to keep up, the Toa of Shadow looked on as everything suddenly thickened, made even less sense than it had before, shattered the half-made calculations in his head. As soon as he'd started to conclude that the lesser Bearers had been deceived and were designed as pawns for Echelon, another being revealed his "Master Mark" and his conflicting stances by virtue of his attack on Echelon. Were the two glowing beings fighting over the Bearers, or over their freedom? Heuani had no idea.When the temple doors were opened, and suddenly everyone dropped unconscious, Heuani once more found that he did not understand. He tried to feel into the darkness of the temple, but found his essence oddly repulsed by its threshold. Something within was inhabiting a darkness different than his own darkness, more similar to the impenetrable black made by his master than the shadows he was used to inhabiting. He was puzzled; Heuani was not used to or comfortable with that feeling. The Toa of Shadow felt the primal urge to flee, but by now, after so many encounters with his master, he was excellent at repressing that instinct. Taking long strides, wary of getting too close to the temple, Heuani found the downed form of Echelon. The spot in his chest where the Master Mark had been was charred and splintered. Echelon looked dead, but Heuani didn't want to take chances. As he pulled a shadow from off the ground, honing it to a point and preparing to finish the deed, Heuani noticed the first of the Mark Bearers rising from his state of unconsciousness. It was a lean Toa, wearing a scarf, whose haunted eyes were oddly familiar. Heuani knew he'd seen this being before somewhere, but he couldn't recall where. What he could tell, though, was that something in that gaze spoke of an anger that was about to explode forth: they were powerful eyes, driven on a deeper level, and that gave Heuani an idea.Heuani smiled warmly as he let the shade he'd been sharpening in midair dissipate, return to its natural state. He beckoned to the angry Toa. "Come here," he asked. The scarf-wearer found himself walking forward, movements sharp as he tried not to let the anger in his blood boil over. Heuani unsheathed his flamberge, tossed it casually to the other Toa, who caught it with pleasing ease. Heuani's smile widened. "Tell me: what is your name?""Dorian," said the other Toa. "Dorian, that's a nice name," Heuani said as easily as if they were exchanging this information over biscuits. "And a nice scarf. It's a pleasure to meet you again, I forget where we last saw each other." He then gestured lazily down to Echelon's body. "Do me a favor and cut his head off."

test2.png