~The 1st Shadow~'s Comics

The 1st Shadow

Ok, that was short and simple, but one of the funniest ones yet. I smiled at first when I saw the Bohrok head, and the Facebook thing, but then I just burst out laughing when I saw the familiar Bohrok headstrike.

Definitely helped wake me up more this morning.

*silently chuckles*

In honor of this comic, I went and made two Bohrok-headed Matoran. I hope ~T1S~ can get his head fixed!

This was good, but the last panel was just perfect. It was the best possible thing you could do in that kind of comic.

Last two panels made my day today! Good job.

Glad you all enjoyed it. :D I thought up that one some time back, and since I won't be able to get more parts for the Rebuilders until Tuesday/Wednesday, I figured I'd best give you guys something quick and entertaining.

As an additional bonus, I bring the latest episode of Ask Cyrahk & Thulk!

"Real Disturbances"

Enjoy! :)

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Ah... that explains a lot about Sharnak! I still have a question about him, maybe he'll be better able to answer it. Does Sharnak have to wear a Krana? If not, can he wear them to gain powers without being controlled? Can he even wear one, or gain powers from Krana?

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Why do I get the feeling that "Sorry boys, I can't let you do that" is a reference?

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

I honestly did not expect that comic with me in it. Very creative and good job!

Ah... that explains a lot about Sharnak! I still have a question about him, maybe he'll be better able to answer it. Does Sharnak have to wear a Krana? If not, can he wear them to gain powers without being controlled? Can he even wear one, or gain powers from Krana?

It depends. I see it as two ways.

Option 1:

The way I wrote my character I would say no, no, and why not? I remember in my old comic series it functioned as a spare pocket for him that had seemingly infinite space inside, so no, he does not wear a krana nor would he need one. If he did wear a krana then it would take over. Also, krana are basically the bohrok's version of kanohi so I don't see why he wouldn't gain powers from it.

Option 2:

In the comic, T1S had a visible krana so it would be likely that Sharnak would have one too. In that case, I think the krana would contain Sharnak's mind. In that case, the krana would function the same as a regular krana except he would be independent from the swarm.

It's up to T1S and what he feels like doing. (However, if he uses the later, I kindly request Krana-Sharnak to be called either Sharna or Kranak. :P) Until then, we'll never know....

... unless you ask Cyrahk and Thulk to find out.

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

Option 1:

The way I wrote my character I would say no, no, and why not? I remember in my old comic series it functioned as a spare pocket for him that had seemingly infinite space inside, so no, he does not wear a krana nor would he need one. If he did wear a krana then it would take over. Also, krana are basically the bohrok's version of kanohi so I don't see why he wouldn't gain powers from it.

Option 2:

In the comic, T1S had a visible krana so it would be likely that Sharnak would have one too. In that case, I think the krana would contain Sharnak's mind. In that case, the krana would function the same as a regular krana except he would be independent from the swarm.

It's up to T1S and what he feels like doing. (However, if he uses the later, I kindly request Krana-Sharnak to be called either Sharna or Kranak. :P) Until then, we'll never know....

Go on. Somebody ask. I dare ya. :P

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Option 1:

Option 2:

Go on. Somebody ask. I dare ya. :P

Challenge accepted.

[insert question concerning it here]

mindeth the cobwebs

Yay! My questions are answered!

Well done. I especially love that ending and that answer to the heat vision question.

I'm very excited to see what's in store concerning transformations.

Also, a question to Cyrahk concerning my heat vision question:

Are you is aware that I'm a soulless prototype of Marendar? (According to the plot of Arctic's Comics) How would my soul burn?

I should've checked back here for season 2. Going great so far as always. I didn't know you were still doing the AC&T thing.

Yup. Both are still going, though there hasn't been much in the way of questions for Cyrahk and Thulk. 

*takes deep breath*

Okay, I wanted to do this announcement in a video, but I've not had the time to properly film it.

Anyway, you guys may remember that list of story arcs I gave you for Season 2, so you'd know what to look forward to? Well, if you compare it to the official list in the First Post, you'll notice that there's two stories missing from the original list. Those two were titled "Prototypes" and "Rise of the Heroes." The reason they're not there is because I had too much packed into one story and couldn't cut out any of it, and the other had too little, and I didn't know what else to add. As a compromise, they've been cut from the list.

But, not without good reason, of course. ;)

The obvious solution was to combine them. But that would have resulted in a story arc that would have ended up being more like NickonAquaMagna's "Nova Orbis" series in length. For that reason, I decided not to do them in standard comic form. This new story will take place after the Season 2 finale, and act as a prequel to Season 3.

And it's gonna look a little something....

Like this!

(See? I had a reason for doing those rather simplistic drawings of my characters ;) )

Yes, you read that right. I'm not joking about this at all. 

I've already run this by select few members to see if I had enough support for this, and if my main representatives, Axilus Prime and Toa Varova, are anything to go by, then yes, I'm confident I can make this work.

I'm taking my comics to the next level. No, it will not be CGI (though if someone's really good at that and wants to do a couple flashback scenes for me, that'd be great!), but just like every single one of my comics: MOCs and a camera. 

This project is going to be almost entirely stop-motion (so count on it taking me a long time to film :P ), and it is set up to be about the same length as the movies in the original trilogy (roughly an hour and fifteen minutes). The script is still being worked on (my classes take up a lot of my time), but I hope to have it done and fleshed out as soon as possible. It's not going to be a comedy film, unlike much of my series so far, but you know that with Cyrahk on the scene, something funny has to happen. ;) Otherwise, it will be more dark and serious. Also, it will be sot of a crossover piece for my series and my cousin's, "The HUNA Report."

Unlike Dark709's movies, and more like Tohkann Toa of Arts' "Rebirth Chronicles," I will be needing voices. Any PGSes appearing in the movie will voice themselves (or will be allowed to select another member to represent them if they're not comfortable with doing the voice work themselves). Naturally, I'll be voicing myself (and maybe one or two minor characters if no one signs up for them).

I will make another topic for this over in Fan-Created Media to keep movie discussion separate from the rest of the series, but only if you guys feel there's enough to talk about that it would make any difference. 

Here's where you all come in: I will need voice actors, I will need artists, I will need... lots of things that I just can't think of right now. As work on the movie progresses, more options will open up, so feel free to ask--I'll probably have something you can help with.

So, yeah. That's my big announcement. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this, and I hope you'll spread the word and get this place known to the rest of the forums! 

Boy, does that feel good to get off my chest! :D

Edited by ~T1S~

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Any PGSes appearing in the movie will voice themselves (or will be allowed to select another member to represent them if they're not comfortable with doing the voice work themselves). Naturally, I'll be voicing myself (and maybe one or two minor characters if no one signs up for them).

I think I'll still voice Sybre, but I'd have to record his lines via iPhone until I get a new headset. TT_TT

• Upvote 1

mindeth the cobwebs

YAY I GET TO BE IN ANOTHER MOVIE!!!  :br:

My family did stop motion movies like that before, so I'm a pro at voice acting now haha so sure I'll do my own character :D

Well, I'm not sure if you'll have that many lines. From a movie-making perspective, I need to make sure that I focus primarily on the main characters, which, I'm sorry to say does not include you. There are a few, like the Doctor and Rachel, who have very little to do with the central plot, so you'll be grouped in with them as an extra. Nonetheless, if I do end up having lines for you, then I guarantee you have the role. :)

I'll think about voicing a character. I can do plenty of voices well, but higher-pitched ones are difficult for me without sounding goofy.

This is a cool idea. I'd love to provide voice acting, I mean, if I had the time.

Nice to hear that you're all on board! :) However, keep in mind that there will be a formal auditioning for the characters, so I can only guarantee that most of the spots are open. Only some of the more obvious ones are decided.  I can currently say that 6 out of the 24 voice talents are confirmed. These include:

-Me as Myself.

-Axilus Prime as himself

-Meyres the Anchorman as himself

-Toa Varova as Sybre (himself)

-Nijen as herself (my sister)

-Jarn as himself (my brother)

I'm still looking for confirmation from NickonAquaMagna who I personally hope will voice Cyrahk.

When I post the official topic, I'll give the full cast list. Until then, think about what character(s) you may want to voice, and maybe prepare a few lines to run by me.

Also, I'm not gonna do too much of the major work on the movie until later next year. I want to focus on finishing Season 2 and getting through the school year before I do any filming. I'm letting you all know now so that you have a lot of time to figure out what you can help with. Come May or June is when I'll start all the heavy-lifting. This is just a heads-up for everyone. ;)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

YAY I GET TO BE IN ANOTHER MOVIE!!!  :br:

My family did stop motion movies like that before, so I'm a pro at voice acting now haha so sure I'll do my own character :D

Well, I'm not sure if you'll have that many lines. From a movie-making perspective, I need to make sure that I focus primarily on the main characters, which, I'm sorry to say does not include you. There are a few, like the Doctor and Rachel, who have very little to do with the central plot, so you'll be grouped in with them as an extra. Nonetheless, if I do end up having lines for you, then I guarantee you have the role. :)

Well in that case, if you'd like me to voice any extras (or villains) I'd be happy to be of service. :)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

These characters are ones I hope to voice.

Tetrak, The Doctor, and possibly Lord Ghutan.

You should get ArcticFreeze to voice Captain Antarctica.

I'll have to hear a formal audition, but something tells me you'll make for a good Tetrak (provided you can do a rough, yet lazy-sounding voice :P ) I'm looking for something very specific with The Doctor, Lord Ghutan, and Captain Antarctica.

Well in that case, if you'd like me to voice any extras (or villains) I'd be happy to be of service. :)

I'll keep you in mind. :)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

It's a hassle to connect my Xbox microphone to my laptop and have it work. So when you send me my lines to be recorded, can you send all of them at once? I'll do re-recordings if anything comes out badly, but I need to minimize the number of recording sessions, not the length.

Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. I'll have all of this month to work on the script, so I should be able to start sending out lines by mid-January, if not early February. Around then is when I plan to start auditions, so that I have time to pick my actors, and they'll subsequently have time to get their lines figured out. I'll have a schedule for these things over in the official topic once I open it up.

On a side note... Length isn't a problem, eh? That's good. :evilgrin:  Because I have a whole flashback monologue in place for you in Part 4.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I'm willing to lend in some voices, though I am far from an actor. I can do some impressions, mostly for villains or monsters. It all depends on the time, if I have the technology and if I get the part.

Also, a feature-length stop motion movie is very ambitious project and takes a while to make, especially fight scenes. You could break it up into parts, kinda like what Dark709 did, and I would keep in mind of what are able to do vs. what you would like to do. (Thulk fighting on a lava planet might be cool but would be really hard to execute)

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

I'm willing to lend in some voices, though I am far from an actor. I can do some impressions, mostly for villains or monsters. It all depends on the time, if I have the technology and if I get the part.

Also, a feature-length stop motion movie is very ambitious project and takes a while to make, especially fight scenes. You could break it up into parts, kinda like what Dark709 did, and I would keep in mind of what are able to do vs. what you would like to do. (Thulk fighting on a lava planet might be cool but would be really hard to execute)

Yeah, that's the plan. I have the script broken up into sections, and I'll film it all based on that. Also, most of it is gonna take place at my house, in a sort of Toy Story fashion, since that's how the rest of the series is done--no lava planets. :P But part of it will explain why these "toys" are the way they are, and how they got there. 

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

You should get ArcticFreeze to voice Captain Antarctica.

...GENIUS. Man. Now I totally want to be a part of this. I mean, if I can, of course.

I also like to Toy Story style you say you're gonna do.

That will all depend on the auditions. But it would be interesting if you did. ;)

Anyway, I've been busy with finals and the like, but after today, I'm off for a month and I'll be able to get to the next few stories (hopefully getting a chance to work on "Let it Go" in the process.) Also, the Christmas special will be filmed at Meyres' house, and I might be able to help him with his series (which will actually be necessary, as the movie will feature a couple characters from his comics. From the promo poster I gave you guys, you should be able to figure out who.).

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Ho ho ho! It is I, The 1st Santa, and I bring laughter in the form of another AC&T!

"Concerning Faces"

My brother gave me an idea for another segment, but it kinda requires some holiday-themed questions. I think you guys can come up with some good ones. ;)

Anyway, I'm scripting out the next few stories, and I hope to film them before too long.

Also, when Cyrahk said "laws of psychics" it wasn't a typo. He meant to say that, rather than "physics."

Edited by ~T1S~

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~