Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"Ashhhh! Hey sweetie! Did you bring your ID? We need someone who's visibly 21 or this we're going to have to put the 'beer' part of 'beer bash' in parentheses." 

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Ashley Landes (Ultimate)

"Oh, even more people I forgot existed." Ashley remarked as she observed the person who was supposedly Ashlynn. After all why should she remember most of these people...they'd left her in a coma in the other dimension.

"Also, where are those ###### wings." 

IC: Shiloh

Thank you brother, I'll make it up to you. 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

“I feel you,” Kane said as they continued down the sidewalk through the city. He enjoyed seeing the looks on people’s faces as they seemingly skated by without an effort.

“So you’re Gambit’s kid right? What’s that like?”

IC:

Ash arched a red brown as Rebekah stood her ground, protecting the others from her. “Bekah, it’s me Ashlynn.” She said softly.

“Dallas invited me,” she said moving slowly as she held up her phone, showing the group message she’d received.

“Hey Dallas, and yes I have my ID.” She remarked.

IC:

“You got to be ****ing kidding me.” Jonathan said as his cyan eyes looked about to burst. “Am I hallucinating again Cali? Like when I hate those funny mushrooms in the woods, I saw some crazy stuff. This has to be one of those times, it’s probably the moonshine.”

IC (Lucia)

Lucia tensed when she saw the title of the book gripped in Dante's hand. The Black Rites. It had taken her the better part of a year to track down, and she had been forced to call upon the forces of the Outer Dark to acquire it from it's owner. Such a book should not be in the hands of the idle rich. She could have sworn she'd hidden it away in the back.....but of course, this was a book that demanded to be read. First carved upon an obelisk by the Egyptian high priest Luveh-Keraph and then put to scrolls by some long forgotten greek philosopher. This was a more recent derivation granted, penned by monks in the Middle Ages. But the knowledge within was not much diluted. "I......put that book down. You need to put that book down."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Dante (Lucia's Shop) 

"Really?" the Italian was frankly a little confused. He hadn't noticed anything odd in the book, it didn't seem like something personal either. No signs pointed towards it existence as a diary or journal. Truth be told the read was a little fascinating, he had previously just skimmed it, now he figured it at least deserved a decent read. "What should I be so worried about?" Dante asked, as he started from the first page once more. Well he had skipped all the roman numeral pages, including the one that said WARNING, because really, who reads the roman numeral pages?

The black rites are an ancient and deadly form of magic... 

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Damian

Damian was hungry.

He decided to go to Buffalo Wild Wings.

Now, what was Buffalo Wild Wings? What set it apart from all other restaurants that made Damian choose it as the place of his dining rather than any of the other shops from the vast selection that New York had to offer?

Don't ask Damian.

Walking into the restaurant, he took the opportunity to head to the restroom. Firstly, to freshen up, and secondly, to create an opening for the use of his mutant abilities on the way to the John and back. After all, his powers had the unfortunate effect of turning both is sclerae and his irises red, something that would be very conspicuous and immediately single him out.

"Hm... Not interesting, not threatening-that one could be trouble," he thought to himself, settling his eyes on a certain Dallas Green for a split second longer than the rest. "Hm..." By the time he reached the restroom door, he had made a mental note of every single on of the Ultimate's powers. He'd get the other side of the restaurant on the way back.

*scene transition, because do you really need to know what he does in the restroom?*

Coming out of the restroom, his eyes swept over the other side of the restaurant before falling on s mutant with a very conspicuous trait. But was that all...?

Alecto sports two batlike wings, growing out of his upper back, along with the modified biology needed to allow flight and the function of these wings. He also has a few characteristics normally attributed to bats; his feet and toes are, in general, slightly more flexible than the human norm and his arteries and veins, bear some resemblance to the systems of bats. Unrelated to his mutant traits is his knowledge of the magics of the Outer Gates, possessing the greatest ability in healing invocations.

"... A magic user? Could he perhaps...? But he's also a mutant..." Damian slowly sat back down at his table, wondering if he should go converse with the bat-man. He might know something about his mother's staff...

IC (Lucia)

"You don't understand! It's not just a book! It's-" But it was too late. The neatly applied warning label appeared to catch fire, vanishing into ash in but a few short seconds. Then the visions began. The city outside of the shop vanished, or appeared too. It was replaced, at first, by a cold void, empty of even stars, a vast stretch of nothing stretching on into eternity. Then this nothing appeared to boil, to shift. The scene changed. The view from the shop windows now showed a vast, dead city crafted of basalt, marble and other unnamed types of stone. Towering mountains rose on all sides of the city, choked in snow and fog. The city streets, long vanished under the relentless siege of blizzard and ice, could not be seen, only guessed at. Many of these decrepit, hideously old buildings were buried to the roof others, it could be guessed, had succumbed to the march of ice and age entirely. In the shadows of this dead, rotting city, something seemed to move, to twist and turn. This vast. formless, darkness seemed to flow across the ice and ruined stone, bearing down upon the shop with unearthly speed....

Then Lucia wrested the book from the Dante's hands and slammed it shut. "It is imbued with certain..qualities." The sorceress had gone completely white in the face. "A few more moments and we...all of us, would have been dead. If a certain ritual is not performed, it grants the reader certain..visions you see. Think of it as a mirror. But this mirror is...two way....that which is observed, can observe itself. It is drawn to power. To places that belong more to the Outer Gates then anything man has crafted." Her voice seemed calm, but it quickly became apparent it had simply gone dead with shock. "We were more lucky then anyone had a right to be."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"Ashlynn was blind. Ashlynn had wings. Ashlynn, to my knowledge, never returned to this dimension." The former Weapon did move to standby, or make her powers any less ready. With a single hand, her left, non-dominant hand, she gestured towards the person standing in front of her, directing a hand to each point in turn. "Your eyes are perfectly functional. They track my hand when it moves, a subconscious response. You also have no wings."

"Faking an appearance or finding a look-alike is easy. So I ask again. Who are you?"

IC:

"I think that treatment procedure might help ease said illness."

IC:

Alistair's hand was behind his back, closed around an unseen object, while the world changed around him. The amusement had dropped off of its face as quickly as it had come, replaced by a stoic alertness. No enemies were visible, but he needed to be ready.

As the world returned to normal, he relinquished his grip and allowed a note of dry amusement to return to his face. "Let's not read any more books, Dante. Certainly not from these bookshelves."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Lucia)

The sorceress, still breathless, shook her head. "I'd...buried that book beneath the backroom. It's.." The roman shook her head quickly once more. "I would have destroyed it. If I could. But the consequences....." Lucia appeared to be talking partly to herself at this point. "One does not sever such binds lightly, if one wishes to live on. I have precious few options." She appeared to notice everyone else in the room again. "Ah. Sorry, sorry."

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

Ashlynn noticeably sighed, “My eyes used to not work, and yes I used to have wings.” She said. “I returned to this dimension much later than the rest of you, I finally realized there was nothing for me there, I felt so alone. Was just me, Zack and X-Bones so I came back. I arrived during the Hydra attack on New York a year ago and some maniac named Eric killed me in an alleyway.” She said softly, flashes of memory running through her head.

“I awoke hours later as a vampire, with no wings and useable eyes.” She continued to look at Bekah, she wasn’t angry at her for not believing her or making her explain herself, it needed to said and she was just doing her job.

“If you still don’t believe me, ask me anything. I fought with you against the Phalanx; and what would anyone pretending to be me gain? That being said, I’m not the same person I used to be. If you would like you can just call me Red.”

IC:

“Yeah, but he was legendary man that has to mean something. Has to affect the way you carry yourself or something, his blood is running through your veins.” Kane commented as they continued to skate.

“So who is your mom? Rogue? Or someone else, because I knew Rogue’s daughter Christine from when she was a prisoner of Weapon-X, also remember she was Brotherhood before that.”

IC:

"You're a vampire?" Jonathan exclaimed as he suddenly stood out of his seat. It made sense now, why she left without saying goodbye. Vampires and werewolves were not known to get along. He didn't know what to think, everything felt so surreal, and for months he'd accepted that Ash had found a way to live happily in the Ultimate universe, but to know that she died alone in an alleyway without him even knowing tore him up inside. He felt like the worst ex-boyfriend of all time.

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC:

The former Weapon mulled the response over, sifting the information over in her head, pondering its ramifications and implications as she compared it to what she already knew. The raven-haired mutant was implacable and impartial, the glow never fading from her eyes. After a few moments her posture visibly softened, the faintest hints of a nod accompanying the change.

"What details I can verify fit. More importantly, no one would ever lie with such a ridiculous story." She stood aside, moving to an unoccupied chair and sitting down. The choice was specific; her perch allowed her uninterrupted view of two out of three possible entrances to the vicinity, and placed her in a position to permit observation of all of her companions.

Silently, she waited for the wings.

IC:

"Trin?" Tera followed as the girl quite directly forced her way out of the apartment and down the hall, her longer strides easily allowing her to catch up to the little girl and keep pace. "Trinity, stop. Where do you think you're going?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Ic:

Kristen this time opted to send a message to Dallas only, and not the weird group chat that she could never figure out.

Can you do a serious favor for me and pretend I don't exist until she leaves? I'll give you my arm in exchange!

Elsewhere in NYC, Trinity payed no attention to Tera, and continued on her course. Her constricted pupils had shrunken to the very edge of what was considered healthy for any human eye, while any sound or in this case, Tera's words, were blocked out to her by the whistle.

IC:

Ash approached the table, "You guys mind if I sit?" she said softly. "I promise I won't bite." she chuckled a bit. "I brought some food with me." she said before she patted her black purse which was slung over her shoulder.

"And yes I am a vampire John." she said, not wanting to meet her old lover's eyes.

"Why did you leave and not tell me?" Johnathan asked quietly, his eyes locked onto Ash's dark sunglasses.

"I found out you were a werewolf, I was afraid we'd try to kill each other or something, or worse I'd lose control and wind up hurting one of you, I couldn't risk that. So I left. Spent a year in Hollywood trying to be an actress, long story short I suck at acting."

Johnathan's metal fist was clamped incredibly tight on the edge of the table but it slackened now. "Well good news, I'm not a werewolf anymore, I got a witch to break the curse this summer. Does that mean we go back to being together?"

Ash shook her head. Why did he have to ask this here? In front of everyone? "I'm sorry John but the answer is no. I'm a vampire now, I can't be romantically involved with anyone that way... I'm different, colder, I have certain needs now and I would only end up hurting you worse. Can we just be friends?"

"Yeah, friends then." Johnathan said, really wishing he could down all of his moonshine now.

IC:

"You're not alone in the ***** father department, my dad was a colonel within Weapon-X and turned me and my brother into assassins and planted bombs in our skulls." he said as they drifted by a small diner.

"Hm interesting." he said as that piece of information. "I think there is a pizza place about a block over."

IC

Angela rolled her eyes. "Look, kids, if I wanted teen drama, I'd be at home queuing up Glee. Or something. Never seen it, actually. So shut up and have some wings."

Sure enough, the wings had begun to roll out. 

"And before you say anything: I already know what you're gonna say. Now you don't have to say it. Problem solved."

IC

"Well, that's an... unconventional childhood. But I guess none of us're normal."

IC:

Jonathan grabbed a wing and then started tearing into it, it had been a while since he'd eaten.

Ash glanced at the heap of wings and looked rather uncomfortable.

IC:

"That's true, being normal is overrated." Kane said as they grew closer to the small pizza parlor, it had a nice sized outside patio. Kane skidded his left foot across the ground, causing his board to stop before he picked it up and then walked over to one of the tables.

"I think we seat ourselves and they come out." he said as he sat down and picked up one of the pizza menus.

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC:

"What?" Dallas asked, noticing Ashlynn's awkward gaze. "Want a burger or something? Sheeeyit, I want a burger too. I'm hungry. I haven't eaten since last night."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Her emerald eyes scanned the faces of the collected Ultimates before her. She recognized them all: John, Dallas, Julia, Bekah, Ashley, Tali and even Angela who wasn't an Ultimate but Ash remembered her tagging along with them before.

There was only one face she couldn't place, and it was of the girl sitting next to John, who also seemed to have a metal arm. "Hi, I'm Ash, I don't think we've met." she smiled.

Ic:

"... I'm Christopher Marie.You might know me better as Wild Card. This universe's version. Dallas asked me to help find your guy's version of him," she said, utmost sincerity in her voice. She made a smile that hopefully seemed natural.

She remembered that how the last time she saw Ashlynn, she was promised death.

The voices of those she had killed swirled in her mind, their conflicted emotions and goals making her mind into a whirlpool of emotion.

She kept smiling in the most natural way possible.

IC: Aella

Tera was here now, and Trinity was choosing to ignore her as well. It was very strange, Trinity wasn't acting normal at all. 

"Trin! Hello! We're talking to you!" I said with some irritation, grabbing her arm so she couldn't move any further. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Oh, I see. I guess I'm not the only one who has changed." she said. "I hope you find him, he was still a murderous raptor last time I saw him, I hope he is doing better."

"Huh, wait that's not tru-" Johnathan looked up from his wing about to reveal that Kristen wasn't telling the truth until a metal elbow slammed into the side of his ribs.

"I mean I think this wing is under cooked." he grinned sheepishly.

"Speaking of wings," Ash said as she suddenly stood up, turned her back to the group before pulling her grey cardigan off. The back of her green dress showed almost her entire pale back, and two dark black tattooed wings could be seen.

"I got some tattoos in memory of my wings." she said before pulling the cardigan back on and sitting back down.

"Nice, maybe I should get a werewolf tattooed on my forehead, and our Card, where ever he may be should get a lizard on his thigh." he said sarcastically.

IC:

"I already have a tattoo." The former Weapon commented casually, slowly and systematically eating her way through half a plate of wings.

OOC: Alright, posts for SHIELD and James to follow tonight. I've been suffering from a lack of motivation, but they'll be done tonight.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Angela)

"I'm glad we're all so comfortable with our bodies here."

IC (Rene)

"Cool." His skateboard rolled gracefully to a stop; the kinetopath stomped on the tail and picked it up before choosing a seat. This looked like a nice enough place.

"So. Do you make a habit of inviting randoms out for pizza?"