Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

The balcony was alone, again; Lynae's callous parting shot floated in the air around the Black King and made her roll her eyes. He wasn't even a quarter of a century old, after all. The vampire was eight times his age and somehow still managed to barge into his private quarters, drink his wine, tell him to lighten up, and barge out - she was eight times his age, and one eighth his maturity.

But then again, he thought to himself with a bitter smirk as he played with his coal-black bangs out of habit, I would've done the same thing just a year ago.

His television cut on with a whir behind him, and all of a sudden a familiar roar blared. He knew what it was; he had this particular show DVR'd at all times out of sheer habit. With a final toast to the night sky, Alaric grabbed the wine bottle and a glass and walked back into his quarters, closing the door to the balcony behind him softly. Vince Jackson, Jr. was burning a pile of documents that could only have been a printed .pdf he'd found on the Internet calling itself the Mutant Registration Act. More likely than not he hadn't actually read it, and it probably was nothing but a fan's interpretation of the script for the new Star Wars movie, but the effect was the same; the crowd was violently roused and screamed their approval as the paper charred and rolled into itself.

Ric sat down on his couch and poured himself another glass of wine as he watched - his eyes widened a little out of surprise when the screen flickered for a couple seconds and he was met with a cosplay of the White Ranger. For a couple seconds, he was intrigued by what the man had to say, but quickly he realized that he was held captive by the same idealistic platitudes the Brotherhood of Mutants had recently taken to preaching - booooooriiiiing - and tuned out, only perking up when his daily dose of bigotry continued. His smirk grew wider and more pronounced as this manufactured Hollywood ham went on to blame the Communists - of all people! - for the evolution of mutants and their prevalence in society. Alaric would have taken him more seriously if he'd put forth evidence accusing Snidely Whiplash or Montgomery Burns.

Alas, it would do no good to have Jackson murdered, even though Alaric could think of about a hundred things he'd rather look at on a Sunday afternoon than Vince Jackson, with his jaw like a steak and skin tanned the obnoxious color of a barbeque potato chip. He, and people like him, kept mutant activists and pro-equality politicians on their toes and wary, which is just where Alaric needed them. As his guest was announced - an old general of Russian descent, of all people; talk about awkward - Alaric grabbed his remote from the coffee table and wound the show back a few minutes, to the kid playing dress-up. Listened to him speak. Listened to him speak again. Paused over his face. His mask was white and cold, and betrayed nothing, but Ric didn't particularly care for the mask. Nor did he even care for the words behind it. What he did care about was that there was already a perfectly good charismatic near-terrorist riling people up about mutant rights in Dominik Lord, and despite his poor opinion of the Brotherhood and Lord in general (old habits being what they are) Alaric would much rather have him out there than some brat with a couple minutes to himself and an old Halloween costume. He picked up his phone and dialed.

"So, my dear, ruskie of a guest, what do you think?" Vince Jackson asked on the screen.

"Lacey," he said to his assistant with a smile. "I hope I didn't wake you. I need you to find B&W. Get them in touch with me. Yeah. Thanks. And Lacey. If I did wake you, I apologize. Take an hour off to make up for lost time. Grab some breakfast if you'd like. Come in late. I can manage. Yes. Alright, thank you. Good night, Lacey."

He pressed the "View Live" button on his remote again and took another sip of wine as he watched the general - Yuri, his name was - reply as effectively as he could without reaching from his wheelchair and bludgeoning the man to death on the edge of his own desk. Whatever else they were, shows like this could always be counted on to rile up feelings. And Ric could use the entertainment.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: John

John glanced down at Julia and slowly nodded. "Sometimes you have to do bad things to survive. Killing isn't as black and white as people make it out to be." he grunted.

He watched while Julia's last attacker began to run at them with his blade over his head.

"And now you have to do it again. Unless you want me too." John said. He would step in and take the ninja out if needed. Part of him thought that Julia might need this though.

IC: Kane

"HeII yeah I do," Kane grinned at Zachary. "There's nothing else going on right now so why not."

IC: Julia

"No," Julia muttered, voice hushed at first, as she tugged on the shuriken in her left forearm.

"No." This time she spoke aloud, albeit through teeth clenched in pain. She turned away from the ninja and pulled again. By the time the shuriken was out, she was already working on the one in her right arm, caring little about the masked man charging at her and John.

"No, no, no, no, no..."

Her already-cracked facade came crumbling down on top of her. She was on her knees now, holding a throwing star in each hand and with a deep, open cut in each arm. Her claws sank back into her hands, drawing more blood from her newest wounds.

Edited by Zyke the Space Biker

67tlbk.png

IC:

This wasn't good. Not good at all. ****. John thought.

He lunged in front of Julia as the ninja's sword began to arc downwards. John deflected the strike with his right katana. He then swept his other upwards. Watching as it cut through the ninja's chest and up through his face. John kicked the body away and then turned to Julia.

"We have to go now!" he shouted. He knew yelling at her in this state wouldn't help but they couldn't sit here while she had a break down. John looked up to see the last ninja staring him down. He then raised his hand and as John watched more ninjas began to pour out of the truck. Lots of them.

"****!" there was no way they could fight them all. John sheathed his katana and then reached down and then hoisted Julia up into his arms. He pulled her close to him and then he took off running. Shruiken hurled through the night air passed him as he ran as fast as he could.

He had to find a plane to New York. He had too. John closed his eyes and then concentrated on his keen sense of smell. Certain things from the big city had a certain smell. Clothes, dirt caked on shoes, certain perfumes, all of these things were something John could pin-point. As John ran he focused on trying to identify something familiar. He'd flown here on a plane from New York. Maybe one of the flight attendants was the same... maybe he could locate one of their scents again.

As John ran one of the shruiken cut into his back. He let out a shout of pain but kept running. "Its going to be okay Julia. I promise." suddenly John locked onto a scent. The familiar scent. The scent brought back an image into his mind. A blonde flight attendant who'd smiled at him on his way to Japan a year ago. It was worth a shot. John lunged towards the scent now. Noticing that it beloged to a large jet that was now rolling down the runway about to take off.

"****." John ran faster then he'd ever ran in his life. Julia bounced in his arms. Shruiken flew passed his head. He was near the jet now. It was just about to lift up into the air. John jumped. He and Julia flew through the air. John reached out with one arm as he grabbed one of the landing gear. The plane began to lift up now. John cradled Julia with one arm as he slowly pulled them up the landing gear using one arm and his legs. His muscles burned but he made slow progress.

"Don't look down John, don't look down." he mumbled as the wind swept his hair. Soon he pulled Julia and himself up into the opening in the plane and then rolled them both safely away as the landing gear suddenly retracted. John finally let go of Julia and then sprawled out on the metal floor of the plane breathing hard. He looked around seeing nothing but mounds of suitcases around them and wooden crates strapped to the floor. One of the crates had the word New York labled on it.

"We made it."

Edited by Flex Cop

IC:

"It seems that I'm to make a habit of waking people tonight," Alaric said wryly, his head and bangs pressed against the sliding door that led to his balcony as he watched the world sleep with dead eyes of stained glass. "How quick can you and your partner be here?"

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Black was already getting dressed."We're in D.C., now, first flights leave at 8. Officially. I imagine we can get to New York in about 6 hours."He rapped loudly on White's door to wake him up, then quickly explained that Alaric had need of them. Turning his attention back to the call he asked,"If I may, sir, what do you have in mind?"IC: Hmm. Interesting.Reports had come in of a HYDRA splinter group operating out of an old factory outside of Denver. If the intel was any good, this could be the center of their operations in the Rockies.Jericho quickly typed in a request for any available SHIELD agents to meet him in the hangar. The mission ought to be a simple one- get in undetected, assess the situation, and if needed neutralize the threat.Of course, twenty years had taught him that these missions were rarely as simple as they looked on paper.OOC: Any free SHIELD agents?

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: Julia

Julia curled up on her side with her back to John. She scarcely remembered escaping the ninjas and getting on the jet, so absorbed was she in the returning memories of her imprisonment in Canada. The tattered, bloodstained gauze bandages she wore had for the most part peeled away on their own by now, and while her healing factor was already sealing the cuts from the shurikens shut, the thin scars that criss-crossed their way up and down her arms were still there. She now noticed how strikingly they resembled jagged patterns that had once been engraved in her mother's wrists.

"Your mother was X-23 and you shall be 233."

The Colonel's words echoed through her head alongside that maniacal, cigar-smoking grin of his. He and his underlings had tried to turn her into an assassin; a killer, and now she wondered if she had ever truly escaped them.

Edited by Zyke the Space Biker

67tlbk.png

IC:

"Something a little more permanent than intimidation, but more temporary than death, if at all possible," Alaric said. "But whatever you need to do, do it. I can explain when you get here. Walk in through the front door when you arrive; I'll be awake."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "Yes, sir."Black hung up, packing up the things he'd need from the condo. One of the Club's private jets was being prepared now and he and White's limousine was on its way.This could be it, he thought hopefully as he and White left the building. This could be it.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

John Harken- Middle of nowhere Nebraska

IC: "Alright then, as I said, my communicator could be picking for several reason. It could be picking up random radio signals flying through the air that it does not recognize as a message. It may also be that somebody is trying to contact me but there is too much interference for it to pick out the words. And finally it could have been somebody trying to contact me, only using static instead of words."

He turned to Trinity before speaking, "Alright, my turn. Why did HYDRA have you in one of their bases?"

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"Ooh! I know how to answer that one!" Trinity exclaimed, bouncing happily, "I always was solving puzzles. Aella did something similar. I think."

"Now..." Trinity said, making a very good replication of the sort of pose John did when he was thinking, "Where are we?"

Edited by Durandal Years

IC: (Vince Jackson Jr.)

This Mutie lover was being absurd. "But, Mr. Aleksandrov, it is obvious that there were programs and organizations even HIGHER than MACE, things that you can't talk about," Vince said. "You're only saying the USSR couldn't fund it to mask the TRUTH! You just might have been a figurehead to dissmiss claims of high powers. Might I ask you, who really sent you to my show?"

OOC: Playing a completely jerkish talk show host, I have to admit, is fun.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Any free SHIELD agents?

OOC: Persephone probably isn't needed in Nebraska unless things get hot, so watch this space

IC: Before Harken could get an answer, his radio flared to life again. But this time with words

"Permission to approach?" Persephone asked

IC: Zachary beefed up another can and threw it Kane's way, trying to throw it straight so the spin wouldn't froth it up when opened

IC: Song An-shuo sat with her legs crossed, her work mask to one side and her gloves folded neatly on the other. A map was splayed out in front of her, with dozens of notations and post-its covering it. A series of TV screens were arrayed in front of her. See, when you were an inquisitor, information was your bread and butter. So she liked to keep tabs on her fellow Club members, because who knew when that information might come in useful. Certainly would have been handy during that clone Romulus fiasco.

And while most of the other Hellfire players either had mental blocks preventing telepathy or were simply shrewd enough to tell when someone was telepathically probing them, they pretty much never thought about the staff. The people who drove them around, or fetched their drinks, or cleaned up their messes, the people who by virtue of being everywhere in the Club saw and heard enough to keep Song informed of pertinent information. It wasn't as though she was plotting against anyone, she was perfectly happy with the way things were. She had no ambition to rule the world, and had no idea what she'd do with it if she did. She just preferred that the world contain no nasty surprises.

Idly she catalogued the information gleaned from that secretary of the Black King, Lacey, noting to no-one but herself that Messers Black and White really were being kept busy

Edited by More Fierce Than Fire

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Alright, just get her free. :PIC: Five hours and fifty-two minutes later, Mr. Black and Mr. White entered the door of Alaric's home(would be more descriptive but I'm not sure if this is an apartment or what :P )."You needed us, sir?" asked Mr. White, stepping forward.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOC: He lives in his own floor of the Hellfire Mansion; it's pretty much a giant complex where all the Inner Circle lives, from what I understand.

IC:

Alaric James Carlisle had forsaken breakfast for most of his life. The most important meal of the day, after all, didn't exactly mean much when your day moved by three times quicker than everyone else's in the world, and a caloric burst meant a grand total of dick when it came to a superhuman anyway. But the Hellfire Club, for all its cons, had given him a curious taste for the finer things, like consistent morning binging; now that he had no job and billions at his disposal the drive to actually do things for himself, ironically, had only amplified.

So when his enforcers walked in, searching for him, they found him in the kitchen bordering his living room, one of his flatscreens turned onto the Food Network. And just because he could, he was making some crepes.

"I'm camped out in the kitchen!" he called out. "How was your flight, gentlemen?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Black looked at the food curiously. He had no memory of what human food tasted like. Or what taste was, really. One of the worst parts of the transformation he supposed- but then again, maybe taste wasn't all that great.It was White who spoke, stepping forward and taking a seat."Quick and easy," he replied. "So, sir, while we're talking," he said, guesturing to the crepes. "I'm sure you're aware that Mr. Black doesn't eat, but I'm a bit peckish, m'self."Mr. Black took a seat next to him, folding his obsidian hands on the countertop silently.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC:

Alaric's courtesy frosted over a little as he grabbed a plate of crepes, topped with strawberries and cream, and took a seat in the living room. He put his breakfast on the coffee table and turned back with ambivalent ease to look at Mr. White. Something in his ultramarine eyes suddenly wasn't that interested in him as a person anymore.

"Are you asking for my crepes, Mr. White?" he asked, "Or are you saying you would like some and assuming I'm going to get up and get them for you myself?"

Mr. White was flabbergasted, and stood stock still, mouth trying to form words - Mr. Black didn't look amused, per se, but he looked about as close as a walking mound of obsidian could get.

"Make a plate up yourself, and then sit down at the counter," he said, grabbing the remote and going back to his DVR. He pulled up the latest episode of Vince Jackson's show and then forwarded from the beginning up until the part where the Ghost of Equity spoke.

"Watch carefully. Tell me what you think when he's done."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Now I have to go read all that. <_<IC: Mr. White, looking much like a whipped dog, quietly made himself a plate of the crepes, while keeping his eye on the television.Black watched closely, listening to the man's tirade. When it was over, he turned to his employer."I think," he began. "That he could be a problem."

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC:

"I knew I could count on you to see it that way. Dominik Lord is one thing - people have been trying to stamp out the Brotherhood for years, and whether we like it or not we're not gonna be able to do a lot about it. But if we let people like this galvanize other crusaders, then the anti-mutant faction ends up getting beaten down, and we lose the status quo. From there, Congressmen lose their edge, bills lose their support, and we start losing our investments. Do you see where I'm coming from?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Oh, by all means, kill him if he fights back, gives you any trouble...if you even feel the urge to kill him, feel free," Alaric said with a dismissive wave as he took a big bite of his crepe and savored the taste of strawberry. "But do it quietly if you do. Don't make a spectacle of it. The last thing we need is some wayward soul martyring himself and inspiring other people - if that happens we'll be seeing masks like this on every channel during every program."

IC:

"Awh! He's so cute! Just like you Dallas!" Nicole said as she ran over to the cat and started to pet him.

IC:

"Oh, uh...cheers, Nicole," Dallas said quietly, sitting on his bed and gazing at the slot of wall behind Cinnabon. Brianne loved that minifridge, he thought, and felt a queer passing desire to pick it up from the wall, shake the cat off, and fling it out the window.

Relax, Dal. She's screwing with your head. Just screwing with your head.

"Cheers," he repeated to himself.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC DamianDamian had pulled stunts like the one he pulled on Jackson Jr's show five times in total. The first was a live speech at the G8 meeting, directed to the World Bank, calling for a revision of their policies. The next two were video messages one recorded in Osaka and the other in Tel Aviv Yafo, both being lectures on the history of imperialism and how it affected developing countries today. The fourth message was a speech played on the news denouncing the major investment banks of America, calling them out for causing the 2008 economic crisis. The fifth was the one played on Vince's show.Shiro had made only one public appearence as of today. He preferred to speak from the shadows. Out of a delibitating fear of being caught by the authorities-or someone far worse. So he had taken precautions. On his electronic messages, he would encrypt his voice to prevent voice identification. He would always mail his suit to the location of his next planned progress, working through an underground activist cell; though since publically denouncing the Brotherhood, Damian wondered how many supporters he lost. Finally, the very personality of Shiro was just an act; he would take extra care to let none of the large ham show as the shy university student Damian Minoru. All in all, they were decent precautions.However, one thing hung over Damian's mind. He needed to properly introduce himself to the Brotherhood of Mutants very soon. Perhaps he needed to apologize for what he said over the airwaves? No, Damian wouldn't back down on what he believed. But still, he needed to convince Domink Lord that as a mutant, he was on the side of the Brotherhood, even if his only power was to see a person's personal information. He needed backup. Badly. The underground movement could only get him so far.All this weighed heavily on Damian's mind as he walked to his class. He ws currently taking a sociology and history double major at Columbia University, using his inheritance to pay off the tuition. "How could they find me here?" Damian thought to himself. "I should be safe."

IC:

"That'll be all, boys," Alaric dismissed them. "Black, when it's done, you report back to me here. White...do whatever it is you do."

With a two-fingered salute, the Black King turned back to the television and began to catch up on the morning's news, taking a bite of his crepe now and again.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ashley

"Dallas, wouldn't it be neat if you were a cat?" Ashley had the gleam in her eye, uh oh. Once she had an idea in her head it wasn't going to just go away. Ashley analyzed Dallas' face carefully, already making out the features of him that already sort looked like a cat, at least in her mind.

Plans to later go shopping for cat ear muffs and other accessories spun in her mind. Oh yes, this was going to be cuteeeeeeeeeee.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: "Yes, sir."Black nodded once and rose, while White rinsed his dish and placed it in the sink. They headed over to the elevator, Black pushing the button for the first floor."Y'know," White said, a bit irritated. "I don't think he's ever liked me."Black chuckled deeply, his obsidian chest shaking.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC Marianne"Whoever that guy is, he must think he's in some sort of anime. Look at what he's wearing."The Inhuman scientist stood at the door of the Black King's room, taking advantage of the departure of Mr. White and Mr. Black. "He's probably a closet geek at the least, dressing as one of the Sentai. Add that with the idealism channeled in his last appearances and I can say that this guy is probably just a kid .""Anyways, my original intention was to inform you that we now have over 50 litres of Terrigen, as you requested. That will be all, unless you wish for the science team to work on a special project?"

IC (Saphine Mark)
Lined up in the corridor, seven strong, were some of the finest men and women in the employ of Borte Khan. Decked out in the black Kevlar/Plastic armor and the distinctive golden T-shaped visor upon their helmets, they quite the sight. They’d all given at least one tour of service in their respective nations military, had been put through the best training money could conceivably buy…overall, they were the exact opposite of the stereotypical corporate rent-a-cop. There was a reason they were on detail in the Hellfire Manor and it wasn’t because Khan trusted the Hellfire club ever so much.
Saphine strode up and down the corridor, thoroughly enjoying playing drill sergeant. “Right. Boss is on the way in, standard transportation, two cars acting as escort. Evidently she decided to stop and pick up a few prototypes to show off to the Hellfire brass. Before you ask me, no I don’t know why. Company secrets just aren’t what they used to be. They’ll be in the court yard in five, we’re being called out to provide an extra layer of security. Paranoid, I know. But this is New York City. The place that, in the span of five months, managed to make downtown Baghdad look safe and secure by comparison. Any questions?”
IC (Yuri Aleksandrov)
“Are you questioning my record Mr. Jackson? Implying that I could be part of a massive pro-mutant conspiracy? What’s more, you question MACE itself? Allow me to point out that congress has consistently defeated any bill that grants empowered individuals the ability to run roughshod over our streets without any kind of supervision. Let me point out, that during my time at MACE we forced the Brotherhood onto the defensive for the first time since Pietro made it his hobby to execute reporters on live television and then spew his hypocritical dogma."
Yuri paused and took a breath. “MACE broke the Brotherhood at Genosha and under our policies; empowered-related violence was at an all-time low. You may question my ideology. I am fine with that. Do not imply that MACE was merely a front for some sort of conspiracy. Not only is it an insult, but by doing so, you spit upon the graves of every MACE agent that died so you and yours can sleep safely at night. If you continue to do so, then I am quite afraid interview is over.” Yuri was not happy. He was the opposite of happy. He was about ready to beat Mr. Jackson to death with a flowerpot and then run over the corpse a few times to make a point.
IC (Doorman Johnson)
“Without a doubt sir, it’d work in any city aside from this one. We’ve seen too much.” Johnson pointed at a building across the street. “That building’s new ya see. One time, middle of the day, a Sentinel and a group of mutants were dukin it out there. Spent two hours hiding under the desk with Lily.”
Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC TokiomiHaving nothing to do, Tokiomi decided to have a meal at the local Japanese restaurant. Ordering a bowl of ramen noodle and a cup of sake, he turned a curious eye to the TV. Apparently, the USA allowed people to broadcast hate crime on the airwaves. Tokiomi thougt nothing of it, but he choked on his drink when he saw who the guest speaker was."Alexandrov-sama?!" Tokiomi thought incredulously. He took out his comm to make a furious call to the General's press agent, but noticed a message from another SHIELD agent. "HUDRA base in Denver?" he whispered to himself.OOC toast, room for a third in your party?

OOC: Definitely, come on!IC: Rashad pulled on his suit. Black and blue, skintight, fire resistant- allowing for a fluidity of motion while remaining functional. He buckled on his holster and pulled on his silence gauntlets- a favorite pair of tools which he had learned to use well with his ability. Keeping his Hood down, he made his way to the hangar, waiting on the two agents which had replied to his call.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: John

"Julia are you okay?" John said as he watched her. He then grasped the shruiken still in his shoulder and wrenched it out. Next he grasped the one lodged in his back and tore it out with a slight wince. He tossed the bloodied ninja weapons away and sighed. The cuts the ninjas had inflicted on him were slowly fading and healing. It would be a few minutes still for the shruiken wounds since he'd just pulled them out.

IC: Kane

The pyrokinetic caught the oversized can in his right and then smirked. "You're trying to get me drunk again Zachary." he said as he tapped on the lid of the can to try to avoid the froth from exploding outwards. He waited for another moment before he popped the top and then raised the can to his lips before taking a long swig.

IC: Nicole

The blonde looked up at Dallas. "You okay Dallas? Want to talk about anything?" she could tell something was troubling him.

IC: Jennifer

Jennifer sat in her private plane as it crossed America. She hated using the plane. It was a luxary she could afford thanks to her mother and her tenure with SWORD. Such a dangerous and experimental faction paid pretty well. But still it beat flying second class with a bunch of snoring people while all Jennifer wanted to do was sit and think. As Jennifer was left alone with her thoughts she was starting to highly doubt her choice of going to the Xavier school. She had no idea what the school was like now with her father dead. What help could she do there? Most of her experience was with science. She had some experience going in the field while working for SWORD. She just didn't see many important scientific projects appearing at the school. Not only that but the X-Men were all but gone. No, Jennifer needed something else to help bridge peace with mutants and humans. She needed to get into a big faction. One with a lot of political force and that was currently in good light with the public.

"SHIELD." Jennifer said under her breath. Ever since Hydra's attack on New York SHIELD was in excellent view with the public. Their neo-Avengers had saved the city and given their lives to protect the innocent.

"There's going to be a change in our destination," Jennifer said to the pilot as she climbed out of her seat. "Take me to the SHIELD hellicarrier."