Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

Tera chuckled, shaking her head in amusement. "I appreciate the sentiment, Aella, but I'm not sure that that would be the best idea. The couch seems plenty big now, but when you're trying to sleep it will more than likely seem a lot less so."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Ic:

Kristen had been told she could look around, and with a place as gorgeous as this, it would be A shame not to. She eventually found herself in some sort of sitting room, with a woman in white watching a fire burn. Unsure of what to do, Kristen stood there saying nothing as she watched silently.

Edited by Durandal Years

IC: TLAW-001 Vivus

"It's good to see you too, and this js a pretty bad situation, but maybe I can finally do something useful." he said to Jennifer. Turning to Tokiomi, he said "I have no objections to going now, and we seem to have the right equipment, but perhaps we should wait for anyone else to show up."

OOC: Punished Snake/Flaredrick said he wanted to join.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC: Aella

I made a pouty face, "But it would be fun!"

IC: Ashley

Ashley had been preparing herself to land on the snowy cold ground below, what she hadn't planned on was for Sierra in her wolf/bat form to coming swooping in, she yelped in surprise.

Ashley's eyes flashed a bright red as she activated her powers, there were many plants all around them, even if most of them were dormant during the winter season. Many vines shot out from the side of the mansion and the ground, they came together like nets, ready to slow and cushion both the mutant's fall.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Ic: Anberlyn continued to look at the fire, though she had given up the deep thinking in exchange for simple silence. She appreciated the peace and quiet that didn;t generally accompany her before she reunited with Alaric; even her mind was always busy with stressful thoughts. In that silence she could hear incoming footsteps, feminine by the sound of it, but they came in without purpose then stopped abruptly. Not a mansion servant.

She turned in her seat slowly to look at the person and was somewhat surprised to see a teenaged girl who just stood there, obviously out of her element. "Hey there, sweet thing," she called out. "You just going to stand there like a museum exhibit or are you interactive?"

IC:

Morrison - who had long since walked away from the non-responsive Alistair - had been walking through the halls of the institute that he now called home, looking in a few of the classrooms and such every once in a while. To put it quite simply, he was rather bored. He could smell Ashley on the air, meanwhile, but not Dallas; how odd, they were normally together. Oh well.

Regardless, as he stepped outside to walk around in the grass a bit, see if there was some annoying little mouse he might catch, he promptly heard a scream coming from one of the rooms on an upper floor; the window was open, so it made it easy for him to hear such a thing. Instantly he stopped, turning back - that sounded almost like Ashley; what was happening up there?

After a moment, he saw Ashley promptly jump out the open window, with the odd mutant from earlier jumping out and catching her, vines flying over to catch the two. Had he been able to frown in both confusion and anger, he would have; currently, though, Morrison was a fox, not a human. He bounded over towards the nets of plantlife that had been made, jumping up and climbing over towards Ashley when she landed, poking her with his snout - obviously concerned as to what was happening.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Ashley hugged the now wolf/bat Sierra, "You're so fluffy!" She seemed to forget that they were still hanging from a mass of vines.

Then she got a nose poking her, she looked up to see a fox. "Oh hi Mr. Fox!"

Edited by Yoko Littner

IC:

Morrison frowned (mentally) upon again being called Mr. Fox. Rolling his fox-eyes, he transformed himself into a human, standing on the net of vines there with the other two, his frown now visible on his face.

"My name is Morrison and I would appreciate knowledge as to what's happening, Ashley," the Kitsune said quietly. "Why did you scream, why are you with the thing that (I think) was attacking us earlier, and why are we standing in a net of plantlife?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

​"Ohhhhh....sorry Mr. Morrision!" Ashley apologized. "I figured out that Dallas was kidnapped by Nicole! We have to find where she's taken him and save him!"

Ashley looked toward Sierra. "And she's a student that can transform into this wolfbat thing! So cute!"

IC: Marauder

Upon arriving in New York, he looked for a place to land, so he found the closest place he can find near the ocean,

La Guardia Airport. He knew of a robot that was built and is working with S.H.I.E.L.D, but forgot to figure out his number. Once again, he lighted up a cigarette and this time mounted a Harley and searched the docks.

OOC: Don't know where you guys are, but I'm guessing a dock in Manhattan.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Nicole

"Here take some of these," Nicole said as she tossed a bottle of pills towards Dallas. "They should help with the swelling."

"The news? Not really. I hate the news, its sooo boring. We're headed into the city because there is a nice mansion I want to show you. Its my new home away from home." she continued to speed down the road; taking the exit off the freeway and now merging onto one of the streets within the city. It would be only a few more minutes until they were there, Nicole was so excited.

"Plus there is someone I'm sure you want to see again." she smiled. If only Dallas knew who he would find still alive.

IC:

Dallas' brow furrowed as he fumbled around with his wrists, trying to open the pill bottle. He scraped the underside of his arm three times trying to twist the cap and finally it went flying under the seat; he poured two pills out shakily into his hand and popped them. They refused to go down without water at first, so finally he pulled all moisture into the front of his mouth and swallowed. His hands and feet were starting to go numb. Nicole clearly had never learned to tie a real knot.

"Plus there is someone I'm sure you want to see again."

He turned to Nicole, with that giggle and that white smile, and the unchivalrous desire to smash in the teeth of this "friend" of his with the dog leash around his hands came rushing through his body, settling, pulsing, burning behind his eyes. Someone I'm sure you want to see again...

"John," he said. "What did you do with John, Nicole?"

IC:

John Howlett's voice was gone. At this point, he communicated solely through whimpers and screams. Once or twice a day, the man would come back and ask him something, and when he would not receive a satisfactory answer he would use fists, blade, or more words to wring every ounce of pain from the beaten mutant. Yesterday, he had examined the fresh rips in John's hands where his claws had been cut out - long, thin, ugly scars between his knuckles that snaked back like veins toward his wrists. There was no measure of time besides facial hair growth and the two times the man would come, every day, to make John squirm. But he did not come once in the morning, once in the evening, oh no; sometimes he would space out his appearances for what must have been hours at a time, and sometimes he would take perhaps a ten minute smoke break. John's internal clock had been beaten into shards. Sleep only came when he was too exhausted with the effort to maintain consciousness. Food never came at all.

Until today.

"Do you remember what I said about powerful men, John Howlett?" he asked, holding up a bag of food. "McDonald's. We did not know what you would like, so we ordered a few different types of burgers."

John groaned, through cracked, swollen lips.

"Relax. They're not poisoned." The man laughed, for the first time since John had known him, and moved over to the chair he was bound in. The chains and fetters went down, singing like windchimes when they flopped against the floor. The man put a soda on the right armrest; John's hands didn't bend the way they used to, and his healing factor was largely keeping him from starving to death for the time being, so the man lifted the drink up to his lips and let him drink what he could. The humiliation that would normally come from being practically spoonfed when you're nearly a grown man was shrugged off, and that meal was the best of John's life.

"These powerful men we spoke of want you back," he said, and John looked up at that. Back? What did they mean, back? He would remember this sort of agony in his life. Even at Weapon-X, he had been treated decently well for the most part. He ate, he socialized...there was, of course, the murder, and the constant threat of internal obliteration from the bomb in your head, but that had been a totally different sort of struggle. The psychological warfare aspect had come into play just as much as the physical aspect in this place. It was awful.

He would have remembered this. Wouldn't he?

"Can you walk?" he asked, and John nodded feebly. The man helped him up with surprising gentility, leading him forward when he took his first step, then his second. Left foot, right foot, all the way to the elevator, through the hallways, through the second elevator, and then through a lobby and out the door. Had he thought to question it, he would have looked around and realized he was in an office building, not exactly a dojo, but the Hand operative did not say a word. Nor did anyone in the lobby spare him a glance. That was odd, too. But the door was revolving and made of glass. Outside, New York City beckoned.

When his turn in the door came, he pushed with his useless, swollen, scarring steak-hands and took in huge gulps of breath. The man did not follow him, but stayed in the lobby and watched him without an expression. Instead, a chauffeur stepped out of a limousine on the street and walked towards him, holding out a hand to put on John's arm. Now that he was in the light, he saw a strong jaw, a firm nose, and dark, hard eyes like onyx. There was a killer in those eyes, but there was a softness, too. Was it relief? Understanding?

Or pity, thought John Howlett, and a new wave of terror gripped him. But by then he was being ushered into the limo and down the street, and before long, the Oscorp building loomed like the fist of God, long and sleek and eternal before him. The snack bar, though, was stocked full of food and drink, and hunger and desperation can make even the most tactical of minds lose it. He ate, drank, ate some more until he wretched, and then tried to replace the calories he lost by puking. If anyone noticed when he opened the limo feebly and stepped out into the next chauffeur's waiting arms, they had the grace not to notice.

Again, the maze. Hallways, elevators, doors, happy secretaries, smiling secretaries, a trap a trap it had to be a trap, they were going down in the elevators until they couldn't go down farther. By now John was pushing and struggling to at least walk on his own, but the grip on his bicep was like iron, and he'd had one meal and a couple snacks in the last...God, how long had it been? What did he look like? How long had it been since he showered? He stank; he must have reeked, he must have been a ball of grease and and and puke and--

And they stepped through a door. A handsome youth with expressive eyes and a bow's curve mouth was leaning against the doorway, staring down a massive bulls-eye on the other wall and a bow and arrow in his mouth. He smiled warmly - a good, honest smile - drew, notched, and loosed. Bullseye. Impeccable aim. Another woman was sitting at the minibar in the corner, clapping amusedly. A second girl manned the pinball machine next to the bar, playing as if she was born to do it. Her movements came almost before the ball had even swung, and when she turned around to look at him John realized with a jolt he knew her features. Angela. That's Angela Dean. Could this be the X-Men? Had Warren saved him somehow? Angela winced when she looked at him and turned away. Then he heard the laugh, and what nerves he had racked up again melted away like the morning dew.

The laugh - long, whole, powerful - rang out from the center of the room, and when he turned to look he wanted to himself, or sob, or both. The ghost of his big brother, dressed in fine black clothing, impeccably groomed, and grinning wickedly, was sitting in the corner.

"Hey-eyyyyyyy, bro!" Daken Akihiro crowed, sitting up in his chair and punching his left palm with his right hand. "Did you get your lunch? Enjoy it? You'd better have enjoyed it, motherer, your bum owes me forty bucks now. One of the many, many things you owe me compensation for. Sit down, John! Stretch your legs. Breathe in the air. I have a lot that I need to tell you."
John stood up instead, and made a break for the door he'd entered through, but he heard the familiar, awful sound of bone claws sliding through flesh, heard Daken's laugh, heard the bowman sigh. The chauffeurs had been standing outside the door still and caught him by the arms, held him firmly in the air, squirming like a fish on a hook. He bit and cursed, wept and begged, moaned and shouted and screamed and sobbed pathetically as Daken advanced, all pride evaporated for a moment. Then a blinding pain struck him in the back of the head, and the world went away.
When John Howlett opened his eyes, he was blind.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Marauder

Upon arriving in New York, he looked for a place to land, so he found the closest place he can find near the ocean,

La Guardia Airport. He knew of a robot that was built and is working with S.H.I.E.L.D, but forgot to figure out his number. Once again, he lighted up a cigarette and this time mounted a Harley and searched the docks.

OOC: Don't know where you guys are, but I'm guessing a dock in Manhattan.

IC Tokiomi

A SHIELD agent drove by on a motorbike. Tokiomi waved. "Over here."

IC:

"Well, passing right over the fact that you can't really call me to my room," said Ric, pursing his lips to prevent himself from smirking and tilting his head again, "what kind of business? It's not about Africa, is it? My sister's been dabbling in Africa for a year now, and if I hear one more word about it I might just sink the place myself."

"No... I have other plans..." Her fingers gently played with his shirt, smiling. "Tell me Ric.." She said as her lips got closer to his ear.

"What do you know of the Hellions?"

"Well, for starters, most of them are dead," he quipped. "And I would bet that one of them is hitting on me something fierce right now."

"Smart boy..." She grinned as she pulled away and looked at him. "And I'm starting them up again... That's where you come in."

Sigh.

"What do you need, Lynae?"

"We are going to hold an event that'll draw people in... We are going to get some recruits." She gently kissed his neck and smiled.

"Are you asking for a date?"

"Maybe... And I need you to help me with this... I'll reciprocate the favor."

The Black King weighed the idea in his head and then looked up at Lynae. Her eyes were big and blue, as ultramarine as his were. And she wanted it, that was clear - her passion for the team was an undercurrent in her otherwise ambivalent speech, and in the slightly-heavier-than-usual come-ons. Plus, it had never been in Alaric Carlisle's nature to refuse a good party before.

"Anberlyn will be furious, of course," he said, fixing his t-shirt and putting his arm on Lynae's color, hooking around her neck.

She smirked a bit, not very caring much for that. "Ric, I have been running this place for before any of your little faces gazed upon this world... I figured now is the time to move. I've already begun."

She grinned at him. "Your school is a very disorderly place, you know that?"

"It's not my school anymore, obviously, or Jace Pulliam would be sitting on this loveseat right now instead of me. It has its charms, though, if you know where to look. You been recruiting?"

"Oh no.. I have got myself... A sort of pet. She's cute and all and... The little dove has given me access to the school."

"Oh, really, hmm?" Ric asked coyly. "Who have you adopted?"

"This girl named Kristen... She's quite innocent.."

"Kristen...Kristen...who's Kristen?" Ric asked. "I don't think I know a Kristen...I know a Christine, I don't know a Kristen..."

"I think it's her little sister." She said and grinned. "I picked her up wandering around, fed off of her, and she is still head over heels for me... She'll be obedient."

"Whoaaaaa, whoa, wait. Dark hair, a little touched in the head, one arm?"

"Oh yes... You know her?"

It was Alaric's turn to grin and sit up, like he was sharing gossip at a teacher's lounge or at the bar. "I know that a year and a half ago, she fell out of an interdimensional portal and tried to eat me alive. She spent six months as a man-lizard hybrid. Her mother was trapped inside her head as a split personality, and when she got unleashed it turned out she was psycho too. I know she's bloodthirsty, and moody, and more than a little unstable. And you brought her here, you said? Have you found love with the lizard girl, Lynae? Hang on. Let me try and put my totally-not-jealous face on."

"She doesn't look like a lizard... But she is very eager. She will be a good member of the team and my personal thing for when I'm bored... She begged me to teach her about..." She slowly caressed his chest, her legs rubbing against his thighs. "Adult things.."

"We call those kinds of people thirsty these days."

"It doesn't bother me. I get a food source, sex, and access to the institute." She grinned and played with his hair. "Wouldn't you do it?"

"I had all three when I worked there. Obviously I like it here better," he joked, reaching up with the reflexes of a cat to pull her hand away from his hair slowly. "I've been thinking about getting this trimmed a little. Getting a bit long."

"It's messy." She agreed. "You need to look crisp for our date."

"So is she going to be at the party? I have to warn you, I get antsy when I'm forced to share dates. I'd rather not make fun of a cripple in front of half our benefactors."

I'll talk to her about it. And I highly doubt you'd be antsy about sharing me."

"Kristen used to be a Chris, you know. I prefer a little more gender confidence."

"Mmm so she can switch genders? How nice... I'd really like that... I do prefer men for the most part."

"I suppose we could use her as a party trick, if she can still do it."

"Oh do be kind, Alaric.. She will be staying with us for a while."

"Us?" Ric asked quietly, another smirk playing on his mouth. "We don't share a floor. She can stay with you."

"I meant at the mansion, you twit." She rolled her eyes. "You know I was thinking about playing with you but..." She teasingly got up, the dress now slightly pulled down and not leaving much to the imagination.

"Oh, sit down. Relax. Pour some blood. The guy who used to live here kept enough to run a disaster clinic for a year. If you want to reboot the Hellions, we have a lot to talk about."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Are you crushing on her back? Is that it?" he asked wryly, reaching for the TV remote and flipping through the muted news stations on his TV, as he was wont to do in the early morning. Lynae was quiet at that, so he turned back to her and pushed a lock of hair out of her eyes somewhat awkwardly; they had worked together for over a year and there was always the friendly rapport or odd flirt, but they hadn't yet reached the point in a working relationship where actual displays of affection came naturally. "Come on. We're in the middle of the frickin' Mansion. Who's going to hurt her here?"

"Your sister maybe." She replied as she looked at him with her bright blue eyes, tilting her head a bit as he pulled her hair away.

Alaric's eyes pulsed, and his hand slowly moved away from her hair back onto the remote. It spun and spun, round and round, in orbit around a finger. "Annie..."

She had struck a nerve. . She gently touched his cheek, looking into his eyes. "Hey... I'm sorry but you have to admit she is dangerous. I promised this girl that I wouldn't let her get hurt here unless she crossed me..."

Ric didn't deign to respond; his eyes were tracing a home video of him, the previous day, soaring up and up with Ash's brother, that stupid arrogant delinquent Zack and his equally insipid friend...Julius. Jehovah. Jordan. "Get out," he finally said. "Before I have her killed myself."

Lynae looked at him for a second, then pulled her hand from his face and sighed, standing up with a flourish and walking towards the door.

"I know what she is," he said, staring into the television numbly. "I would have to be a total invalid not to know what she is."

"Alaric..." Lynae said softly, frowning a bit. "I know I'm sort of not one you'd expect to hear this from but.. If you need to talk or anything.. Or just company, we are partners you know and you have my number." She blew him a gentle kiss before walking out the door.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Kristen heard Lynae's calls, her eyes widening. She turned back to the woman in white, "Sorry, but my Mistress is calling me, and I have to go!"

Kristen made sure to curtsy to the woman saying, "Sorry, but it was nice to meet you Ma'am!"

She darted off, following the sound of Lynae's voice. When she finally found the vampire, she smiled, "Did you have a nice meeting Lynae?"

IC Peter

"Okay, the textbooks for physics for the grade elevens are-wha?" Peter saw something all outside the window. "Okay, what was that?" Peter opened the window and looked outside. He saw the origami frog girl, that wolf-monster from earlier, and a Japanese man he hadn't seen before. "Um, everything okay out there?" Peter asked. The wolf seemed docile at the moment, but he wasn't too sure...

Ashley went up to Sierra and gave her and pet her on the head, "Easy Sierra, he's a friend." Ashley began to use her powers to untangle Sierra as she spoke, the vines slowly retreating back the way they came and slowly lowering them toward the ground.

"Um, everything okay out there?"

"Yep! Normal stuff!"

Edited by Yoko Littner

IC: Maraudar

A S.H.I.E.L.D agent know as Tokiomi waved him down as he rolled down the docks. He got near the trio and shut off the engine of the bike. He then kicked the kickstand, and got off the bike. He puffed his last smoke and squished his cig on the ground.

He shrugged a bit then said, "So are you the guys who are going to help out in New York?"

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:

"..."

Tera stared at Aella with something akin to surprise, less at the response, and more that she has figured out how to pout. After a moment, she shook her head.

"Fine, fine, if it'll cheer you up. But if it turns out to be too crowded, I'm moving to the floor, and you're not allowed to protest."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

As always, it took Alaric Carlisle a long time to remember how to live.

His hand weakly found his iPhone again and pulled it out. For a while he tried typing messages, hello on top of hello on top of hey on top of how are you, but the words dried up on text and ran together queerly. I never remember to turn off AutoCorrect, he told himself, but that wasn't it at all. Starting from square one, he went back to the home screen and pressed the dutiful little green cell phone. Pushed a number. Then another. The phone number filled itself in and dialed. He didn't remember pressing any more buttons after that.

"Hello?" asked Rebekah Fell, sounding happier than he'd ever known her. It felt as though her fist had caught his heart from the inside and thrown it against the interior of his chest. "Hello?"

He opened his mouth and tried (searched) (begged) (pleaded) for something to say. The words caught.

"..."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME