Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: Aella

My face visibly paled. "Ate too much!?" I didn't know that was possible, it had never happened before, certainly not with the way HYDRA had fed me.

"W-What do I do!? Is my stomach going to burst!?" I had no idea that good food could be so dangerous.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Lilliana

"Ah yes.. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, what a classic! So many themes! Monstrosity, beauty and innocence, even religion! I also love how she alludes to Paradise Lost and the tale of Prometheus."

The English teacher blushed as she caught herself gushing, but couldn't help but say one more thing. "And, she was only eighteen when she wrote it! Can you imagine being eighteen and writing that?"

"I would be interested in seeing that." She giggled a bit, finally stopping when she reached her room. "Well here we are!"

She walked him, urging him inside. "I just moved in today so I still need to get furniture.."

Lilliana smiled back at Alec before she giggled a bit. "No no... Neither can I. I suppose you and I could work together on moving everything in...."

She then looked at her assistant. "I know this may be rather out of the blue... But what, if I may ask, are your powers?"

IC: "Cleverer people than I have called it 'tactile technopathy', which sounds very fancy," Alec said, holding up his mechanical arm, "And sure beats 'shiny metal hand' when I explain it to people."

IC: "Well a portal there and a portal back is really all we'd need you to do," Persephone said, "We could kit you out with some weaponry if you felt you needed extra defence."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

The sky continued to drop an army of tiny water drops over the city as Terrance stalked through the streets. He had his trench-coat pulled tightly around him and his hood pulled up to protect his head from the rain. Tiny beads of rain ran down the top of the hood before coalescing on the brim of the hood before dropping down through the void before hitting the pavement beneath Terrance.

Terrance had his headphones plugged in and the melancholy sound of Isaiah Rashad filled his ears. His boots splattered water in all directions as he took another step.

I need some direction in my steps. The song said. Terrance could identify. That's exactly what he needed. He felt lost in this massive city of stone and oppressed souls. Where crime ran rampant through the streets and innocent people were mugged and assaulted daily.

Terrance lifted his head towards the darkened sky. Heavenly father why are you so far away? The chorus of the song chimed. He wasn't sure what he believed. But he believed in something. It angered him that whatever created this insane, random world, full of powered beings and normal humans, that they would let such injustice go unpunished. Maybe that's why people like me exist.

IC:

Christine let go of the girl then. "Oh... sorry I wasn't trying too. Ah thought you were about to pass out."

John Harken- SHIELD Helicarrier

IC: Also, Team two should have a heavy with them in case they run in to one of the more nasty things that HYDRA likes to keep in their bases.

IC Tokiomi

"I could potentially fill that role. I'm familiar with the use of suppressive fire, so if things turn south, I could cover while the rest of the grpup retreats. Just one thing: if I'm going to use the 40mm grenades, I'll need somebody to check range for me because, well..." He pointed to his lack of a left eye. "No depth perception. I could switch to exclusively suppressive fire if somebody better can take the grenades."

Ic:

"Weapons..? I've never use any sort of weapons..." Sam mused.

Tokiomi turned to Sam, eyebrow slightly raised in concern. "So, how would you go about defending yourself? Do you need somebody to cover you-ah, wait a moment." Tokiomi began searching his memory for some information he could transfer to Sam. "How to shoot a pistol... How to shoot a pistol... Where is that memory?" Edited by A Magus With Class

IC:

"Well... if you want to conserve energy to teleport us out and be able to use stronger defensive spells then I say we take our chances trying to hack our way into the base. As Sam said she can't teleport us inside without being inside the base first. I don't really want to end up inside a wall." Jennifer blinked before moving a strand of brown hair from in front of her glasses.

IC:

"Don't be sorry." Sierra let out a soft giggle as she opened a cabinet near her bed. "There's a much better way to hurt someone, though."

When she went to grab the bandages, however, her hand slipped on something sharp. "Like razors, for instance." Sierra held up her now

bloody hand and examined it thoughtfully. "It heals much faster than damaging an already broken bone, so you get to do it again sooner."

Edited by Cupcake Killer

IC:

Christine shivered now at the girls words. "Put that down Sierra," she said. "You shouldn't hurt yourself. You get hurt enough as it is cause of your powers." Christine said sternly.

IC:

A battered black F150 pulled slowly drove down the grovel road towards the institute. Windshield wipers swept across the windshield as Kane crept the truck closer to the school. This was his first time ever seeing the institute with his own eyes.

Looks nice.

He parked the truck outside the school a safe distance from the door and exhaled his cigarette before jamming it into an ashtray in the center console. He sighed as he looked out the door. Kane hated the ran. He hated water in general, it made using his powers a lot trickier when he was wet.

He swung the door open and hopped down into the ground. A tattooed hand reached into his pocket as he pulled out his phone and dialed Aleks number.

"Yo Aleks."

Edited by Flex Till Death

IC: Katherine "Kitty" Pryde

Kitty had left Alec and Lilliana to continue their own conversation. Kitty's teacher sense was tingling in the meantime. She phased through wall after wall, discreetly observing any student she came across. Things had been quiet for too long, someone had to be up to no good.

She stopped when she came across a hallway with quite a bit of blood splattered on the floor. Seem uncannily similar to what had happened with that Sierra girl before...

Kitty started heading toward the dorms.

Edited by Yoko Littner

IC Peter

While all this was going on, Peter was simply teaching his lesson (like teachers should) to a class of students that was behaving surprisingly well (something that they should really keep up). Oblivious to the crazier events of the day, he reveled in the rare opportunity to teach a class with the hope of they actually learning something for once. Peter somehow gave off this vibe that drained all respect that any students would have for him away; as such, classes usually ended with his head repeatedly meeting the wall while the class behind him threw the 5-minute classroom equivalent of Project X; PG-rated, of course.

"Maybe it's because I don't have a Bachelor in Education; not that they'd recognize it here." Perhaps his lack of formal credentials was why he was always stuck with the bad assignments? Okay, they weren't that bad; for every miscreant and ne'er do well in the room, there was a pure soul who was more than eager to learn (then there were those geniuses who seemed to one-up him at every turn; if they had just a little more hardworking, Peter would have booted their rear ends to Harvard already). But in more than one occasion, the bad outweighed the good, and by the amount of bad that had been occurring, Peter was starting to worry that somebody was setting him up.

There was still room to grow, though. He'd only had this job for less than a year; he'd need to work here longer to get an accurate image of the place. The Xavier Institute, for all its insanity, did have its charms, such as giving Peter free room and board (the fact that they are willing to hire a man with no papers whatsoever was another good point). He'd just have to take the good with the bad.

"... Guys, I can barely hear myself think. Please tone it down-okay, I'm taking the sudden increase in volume as a no."

And there was the bad,

IC:

Sierra froze just before Christine grabbed her hand, so she didn't fight back. Instead, she held perfectly still, just starting to register what had happened.

An entire lifetime of pain, confusion, and terror

had finally caught up with her, merging to personalities into one unstable mess. So she did the only thing possible.

She started to scream.

IC:

Sierra didn't fight back. Christine's hand closed around the girl's wrist and she was able to pry the knife from her grasp and pull it out of her foot.

Christine stood up now as she grabbed the knife pulling it as far away from Sierra as she could. She cringed when the girl screamed. Sierra needed help. Bad. Christine wasn't sure she was cut out for this sort of mental trauma.

"Sorry sugar but you're not going to get this back." Christine said. If there was a mutant with super strength around she would of tagged them and then bent the knife till it was unusable right there.

She didn't say anything but instead grabbed an article of clothing of Seirra's bed and pressed it to her foot. She grabbed another and wrapped it around her arm.

"You need to tell me where the bandages are. No more hurting yourself, understand?"

Ic:

While all the chaos in the institute was afoot, a young man, relatively speaking, raised the back of his hand... And knocked on the wooden doors. As he waited, he shifted his weight from foot to foot, as if he stood atop burning coals. He was nervous, to say the least. Downright terrified. He had ditched his power-dampener on the way here, and being caught without it by law(n) enforcement was certainly something he would like to avoid.

Regardless, Raguel, "rag" Ellis had walked almost all the way here, and wasn't about to walk back to his home in Philly just to pick up a fancy piece of plastic which made him unable to use his super-handy powers.

With his hands in his pockets, his blue-gray eyes that were like some awkward shade of grey marble looked away from the door and any nearby windows, hoping to look as un-impatient as possible while he waited for someone to open the door.

IC:

"Under the bed somewhere." Sierra said softly, her voice now hoarse from screaming. There was something else she needed to say, however, so pain be d***ed. "I'm sorry for everything. You've already lost someone important, and now I'm just making your life worse rather than better."

IC: TLAW-001

"Sam," Vivus began. "How much effort does it take to use those spells, and will it leave you unable to teleport again after a while? If it does drain your energy, the other team might have to just cover you. I'd help, but I'm on the other team, so...."

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Ic:

"Sure I can do that... But it's not something that I can just pop into existance and go on my merry way. I'm going to have to focus on keeping it open," she said, frowning as she gently stroked her chin, "it's all related to how my magic works. Unlike some magicians, who become powerful in their particular field of magic, I've splintered my talents down multiple paths... Which means I can do a bit of everything, but I often lack the power that someone who follows only one particular path. Layman's terms, I can do a bit of everything in magic, but it's not overtly powerful. Portals are one such thing... Does that make sense?"

IC: TLAW-001

"Uh-huh..." muttered Vivus. "Do you have any offensive spells? If not, it seems that the others will have to cover you if you're targeted." Vivus, like Persephone had very little understanding of how magic worked, but he read somewhere that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Maybe he shouldn't question it then.

Edited by JiMing

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC: Krystal

Krystal listened as the group of shield agents formed a battle plan, she had no arguments over her being part of the infiltration team, that was where she was more suited. Her enhanced senses and strength made it the ideal job for her.

What was currently in discussion however was whether or not Sam could effectively create a way to magically transport them all inside. Again Krystal remained silent and just listened, she knew very little of magic herself. She seemed content to inspect her assault rifle a few times over just for the sake of doing so.

IC: Lynae

The vampire blushed and gently hugged her back. "There there, little one."

IC: Abigail

Abigail froze for a moment, slowly her head looked up at Lynae till their eyes met. "Are...are you calling me short?" Her eyebrows raised, Lynae was at least a head taller than Abigail. Being a teenager for all of eternity did have it's downsides.

Edited by Yoko Littner