Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: TLAW-001 Vivus

"I don't think so, Directory Fury sir. Thank you," responded Vivus, equally as quiet. He quickly shot a glance at Persephone, giving a warm smile and a nod of approval. "I'll make sure to obey both of them as well, Director Fury sir." this time said with a bit more volume on his part.

OOC: I think I am trying to deliberately invoke a feeling of adorkableness. Probably isn't going as well as I hope. =P

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

"Um, yeah." said Vivus, who followed Marauder's direction out of the tunnel. The only thing he really needed was more munitions for his launcher, as everything else important was a part of him. Though the mission goal was to cause no collateral damage, Vivus had to be careful about what HYDRA might throw at them. He quickly made his way next to Persephone. "Congrats on getting a leading position." he said in a sincere tone.

OOC: Forgive me for asking again, but what should I alter my explosive rounds to again?

IC: Tokiomi

"Sir, I kindly suggest to refer to me as "Nagato" or "Quattuor". First name basis isn't something I'm used to. Other than that, no further comments, sir." Stating the remark in his normal eerie monotone, he bowed out and exited the room.

IC: Reyson

"So, Red Skull wanted me to give these directives to you." Reyson was currently standing in front of the assembled guards that had been deployed to guard the base. "Most of these should be standard protocol, but I'll review them just in case. I'll be paraphrasing, of course. Let's see...

1. All units are to travel in fire-and-maneuver teams of two or more. If you find yourself alone for any reason, sound a Class-5 alarm and call for backup and/or retreat until you find the nearest friendly team.

2. If you encounter any enemy units, attack them en masse; do not attack them one at a time. However, if the engagement is taking place in an enclosed area or any other situation where it would be impractical to simply mob the hostiles, you are free to use your own discretion on how to respond.

3. Stationary guard posts are to be manned by no fewer than four people at a time. That way, if one of you needs to go to the bathroom or something, another unit can cover him while two units remain at the post, thus keeping with the first rule. If something occurs and you need more than two people to investigate, call for backup.

4. You are not required to capture any hostiles alive; in fact, killing them is preferable in this situation. Therefore, do not hold back when holding off intruders.

5. If the communication systems go down without warning, sound a Class-1 alarm; an extreme emergency is to be expected. To avoid miscommunication, we will warn you all in advance if we need to deploy an EMP of our own inside the base, which will have the same effect.

6. To the people in the surveillance room: if the security cameras start malfunctioning, assume the worst and sound a Class-1 alarm. Even the slightest break in footage could mean the enemy is tampering with our systems.

7. ... Okay, I don't know why Red Skull would think you guys would be using the computer terminals during an attack, but I'll read it anyway. Remember that you all have two sets of passwords: your normal one, and an emergency one you would use if you guys were being forced to log in by an enemy. If you log in with the latter, a silent alert will be triggered and all major changes you make during the session will be erased after you log out; all other computers in the area will also shut down.

8. Please remember proper radio protocol when communicating with other units. If you are talking to someone over the radio and they don't respond with the standard "roger", or worse, don't respond at all, then assume an emergency.

9. In the case of electronic doors, shooting out the lock from the outside (that is, the side closest to the main exits) will seal the doors and shooting from the inside (the side closest to the inner sanctum) will open the doors, not vice versa. Keep this in mind when engaging an enemy in an enclosed area, for if they're stupid enough to try and shoot out the lock, a unit can maneuver to the other end, shoot the other door, and trap them. This only applies to electronic doors; mechanically operated doors behave like regular doors.

10. There are alarms for everything; if protocol is not strictly followed, you could end up setting them all off at once. As such, please follow the rules. Likewise, as soon as the enemy enters the base, expect at least two sirens to start going off.

... and that's all for now. However, I would like to add a few notes of my own."

Reyson took a deep breath.

"While I do understand the effect combat stress and certain weapon types have on accuracy, I would expect you all to have at least 10% accuracy at medium range, or at least enough to force a withdrawal. For this purpose, we will be engaging in target practice until the enemy arrives. As well, I really hope that you all know how to use your weapons in what situations; do not ever throw your knives as they are not designed for it, and if a battle goes to close quarters, your rifle is only as good as a spear is in close range; if it gets too close; drop the weapon and take out your knife or your sidearm. Also, I made an arrangement to have all useful intel to be either evacuated from the base or destroyed; as such, all digital storage centres will be blank, and if our mail service is working fast enough, we will have all hard copies of our data removed by the time we are attacked. I have personally placed several decoy intelligence briefcases in the base; rest assured, all of the papers there contain false information, if not utter gibberish, which will be encrypted. I also made a petition for anti-personnel mines to be placed at each entrance and automated sentry guns to be set up in each major room. I cannot guarantee that they will be set up in time, or if at all, but if they are, take heed of this: do not go into the outer chambers of the base no matter what; wait until they come to us and let the mines do their work. As well, do not stand in the line of fire of sentry guns. In fact, do not enter the rooms the sentry guns are placed in unless they have been taken out. Clear?"

OOC: And I'll let Snelly describe the actual defences, including whether or not we actually have sentry guns

OOC: Okay well I deleted the other John post since it wasn't relevant

IC:

John's body tensed immediately as Rebekah Fell stood before him in all her calculated glory. The last time he'd seen her and she'd been trying to kill him. And she'd gotten closer then any Phalanx ever got... John thought. His blue eyes softened a bit as he slowly raised his one flesh arm and the other metal one in surrender.

"I'm not a ****ing wolf anymore if that's a good enough reason." John said. He pointed one of his fingers at the sky.

"Its a full moon Shadow, if I still had the curse I'd be all fur and claws right now. As for my second reason... I'm sorry." the words were so simple. But they were words that were unfamiliar to John Howlett. During his time as an X-Man, his time with Weapon-X and his time fighting a war with the Phalanx; John had never had time to be sorry. Not even when he'd been forced to flee a battle and leave an mortally wounded comrade to die to save his own miserable hide.

"And if that's not enough then I guess you'll have to shoot me."

IC:

"I have no questions," Jennifer shook her head. "Well I do have one. Where's the armory?"

IC:

Nicole found just another empty room. She sighed before leaning against the wall and sliding down it. She then pulled out her phone and moved through her contacts before sending a single text to Dallas.

"Hey."

IC:

"Jesus! Sierra control it! Ah know you're stronger then that thing! Come on you have to do it! Ah'm not leaving." Christine said defiantly as she stood there.

Edited by Flex Till Death

OOC: I'll get on those defenses...soonish.

IC: Aella

I would have responded to Tera, but I had an entire piece of French toast in my mouth. After I inhaled that I went for another piece, picking it up with my bare hands. I'd never tasted anything like it...I know I've been saying that a lot, but it was true. HYDRA barely fed me anything but the bare minimum to sustain my small frame, and even then it was all water and tasteless bars. I didn't realise what I'd been missing out on.

After five or so pieces of toast I was feeling pretty full, I realised that I should have been using one of those fork things and putting that sticky syrup on like the others had been, but I didn't care. It had been much easier my way.

But now that I was done eating, there was a word that had caught my attention. "What's coffee and can I drink it?" I was feeling thirsty now.

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Krystal

Krystal was one of the first to arrive at the hangar, largely due to her physical abilities, she was able to get there much quicker than most. She naturally moved faster than the others. Once she was there she was already putting on heavier gear, in fact the bullet proof vest and external armor she wore was a few times heavier than the standard, not many had the strength or stamina to wear it. Normally she didn't wear it either, but she had a feeling she'd need it for this mission.

The next thing to do was to select her weapons of choice. A few frag and flash bang grenades, two glock 9 mms, and a heavy duty assault rifle in case they ran into more armored opponents, with a bayonet attached. Now she felt ready.

Edited by Yoko Littner

OOC: How tough was Iron Man's suit? Because I'm not sure whether it'd be acceptable for Vivus to be bulletproof, would make sense though.

A short while after Krystal had gotten to the armory, Vivus arrived, nodding to her when he got there. Though he would have most likely been able to get there faster with his jet booster system, he preferred to walk at a rate more in line with an ordinary human's in non-combat situations. He picked out some explosive rounds, loading his inbuilt launcher with one and put the others into a built-in compartment. Then he debated whether to carry any more equipment, as he already possessed the ability to fire off energy beams and constructs.

OOC: What would be an acceptable amount of rockets to carry? 3 or 4? And should I take other equipment?

"A...what?" I sighed in frustration, I must of looked so stupid not knowing what was probably common knowledge. The more I kept asking the more confused I got, I didn't like it.

Edited by Yoko Littner

"So...more awake? But I already feel as awake as I can get." I wasn't tired at all.

OOC: A jam between an otter and I.

IC: Red Skull

Sentry guns were coming online even as Reyson spoke, they were the main defenses of the lab's interior aside from the personnel. The lab's main databases had already been purged, only leaving enough information to keep the base's defenses functioning properly. All primary systems remained active, most of the experiments were being relocated to different bases across the western hemisphere, though there some that were far too...sensitive to move. They either had to be destroyed...or perhaps set loose upon the SHIELD agents itself.

The armory and hanger had the most activity, the bulk of their forces were housed there, a force of humvees and half a dozen tanks were being prepared incase SHIELD attempted a direct assault, unlikely but still possible. It was much more likely they'd sent a strike team of considerable skill and power, if Red Skull was to give a guess. Then again, they could sent both, Fury was not one to be predictable, though neither was Red Skull.

The base was currently set to self-implode the moment anyone unauthorized entered critical areas of the lab. There would be no warning, no timer, it would just start to collapse on itself, burying anyone left inside.

The base was as prepared as it was going to get for SHIELD, all that was left to do was wait.

Red skull would monitor the situation from his chambers, he didn't want to leave anything to chance, if SHIELD managed to disable the self-destruct...he still had a way to detonate the base remotely...

As Red Skull went over the defenses for the base, another man entered the room. Long strides carried the cloaked man to the one who he currently worked for, and as he looked over everything that Red Skull had, he almost smirked.
"Any plans for what ought to be done after this whole issue has passed by?" the man asked, quietly.
"Oh yes my friend..." Red Skull said, almost sounding prophetic. "That's when our real invasion begins."
"Ah, yes, that...I meant moreso with those involved in this battle."
"Those who survive will be rewarded for being intelligent or strong enough to have survived SHIELD's best. If you want to give any of them...improvements...be my guest."
"Aha, a reward instead of a punishment?" the man said, somewhat surprised. "That's different for you. I like it. Now, as for anything still remaining in the base..."
The man frowned, slightly, though it wasn't quite visible, even to Red Skull.
"What all is still there? Or am I not allowed to know that until it shows itself?"
"If you're concerned about your work doctor, let me reassure you that it had the highest priority. Though some of the more...volatile experiments may have to remain."
The man nodded, sighing quietly. "Yes, I assumed so. It's always nice to see them finally see the light of day, though for it to be like this...somewhat sad." He looked over again at the monitoring equipment arranged around Red Skull. "That agent certainly took to his new task well, didn't he?"
"Think of it as a trial run, if your experiments survive...and eliminate the SHIELD agents, then they'll be considered a great success. If not it's simply trial and error. Regardless we can learn a great deal by monitoring the situation." Red Skull observed Agent Reyson on his monitor. "Whether he took it well or not isn't relevant, what matters is that he does his job. If he survives fine, if not it's no real loss."
"If he survives, I'm in need of a new assistant."
"You can have him, or anyone else who survives."
The man nodded...then smiled, visibly so.
"And if they capture any SHIELD agents?" he asked, anticipation in his voice. "I'll get some...quality time with them, yes?"
"It's unlikely they'd be alive when you get them, though I suspect you can work with that just fine." He almost chuckled.
The man nodded. "Yes. Being a Doctor is wonderful, my friend. And being imaginative...well, it certainly makes life interesting." He smiled again. "I assume it's okay if I stay and watch with you? I've always wanted to see how well my experiments there might work."
"If you must Doctor Zemo...I know how valuable your work is..." They fell silent after that, as there wasn't anything to be said.
Edited by Yoko Littner

IC: Marauder

Once he got to the armory, he loaded up with 4 M4 mags, 4 M1911A1 mags, 2 frag grenades, 2 stun grenades, and an emp grenade. Just in case some electrical systems need to be shorted. He checked his current mags in his guns, and all were still loaded with all their rounds. He then put on a bullet proof vest under his SHIELD uniform, and a jet pack troopers helmet. The helmet should protect him from several bullets, but not all.

OOC: There are jet pack troopers in SHIELD right?

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:

Dallas was lounging in Ric Carlisle's class again, drinking from a can of Guinness and lazily spinning his phone in his hand. His hair was ruffled under his hood, and his eyes were a dark red that saw all and absorbed nothing. He'd disappeared after the news about Matt Summers began to leak through the school, and locked himself in the old history room. The windows were closed to keep the rain from getting in, but the room was stuffy and warm from long disuse and non-usage of the heater, so Dallas had his sleeves rolled up to prevent himself from sweating. A line of empty glasses and crushed cans lined the path to Dal's throne.

BZZT! Hey.

Dallas, drunk and high and more than a little off at the world, blinked.

Hey.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Persephone rolled up into the hangar a short time after Krystal. All she'd needed to do was fetch her heavy armour, that gave her all the firepower she cared for. Well, she had fetched one other thing. A portable holographic generator. See, this was the first time she'd really been placed in charge of anything, even if she was the second-in-command. So she wanted to impress SHIELD top brass by contributing something of actual value, something that might make them put her on high-risk missions more often rather than wheeling her out for press conferences so someone with a pretty face would be answering the questions. So she'd come up with a basic plan for the mission, and felt she needed visual aid to present it. Hence the hologram.

Her plan was relatively simple, though she considered that a point in its favour. Meant it was easier to follow, more room for Agent Harken to alter things if he felt he needed to and there was more flexibility in the field when things inevitably went wrong. Because things always went wrong.

It started by dividing the team of eight into two teams of four. Herself, Marauder, Paladin and TLAW-001 Vivus in one (given the unimaginative name of Team 1 in her current draft, though that could change) and Agents McCoy, Nagato, Outhseren and Starling in the other (codenamed, you guessed it, Team 2). Team 1 would kick off the mission with, essentially, a full assault on the base. That was why she'd put herself and Vivus in the team, they were both capable of taking to the air and raining fire down on enemies from a position of aerial superiority. That was also why Marauder had been put in Team Striking Dragon (Team 1 was just too boring a name), he was the only one with any real skill at sniping and distance would be key here. Likewise Agent Harken, who's ability to map trajectories was more useful at a distance, giving the two androids better warning if anti-air artillery was pulled out. Also, couldn't have the mission leader getting killed inside the base.

For that was the task of Team 2 (hmm...Team Sneaky Monkey!). The attack by Team Striking Dragon was just to take down what external defences they could and lure out the majority of the troops, who'd have to respond to a pair of androids trying to break into their base and steal their secrets or the robots would do precisely that. Just because Team Striking Dragon was mainly a diversion didn't mean they couldn't achieve the mission objective if resistance was low (it was possible the base was evacuated already, after all). But while Team Striking Dragon was breathing fire all over the place to get HYDRA's focus right where they wanted it, Team Sneaky Monkey would be infiltrating the base to grab whatever information they could. Agent McCoy was skilled with computers, even extraterrestrial ones, so should be able to hack into the HYDRA servers and start pulling out data. Agent Nagato could do something similar, but with people's very minds. She was hoping Agent Starling would be able to get a scent of the experiments from her and Agent Harken and so lead Team Sneaky Monkey right to where the pair of girls had been kept. Agent Outhseren had been put there mostly for support, but would be no less handy if Persephone had the right idea about her powers; her healing powers would prove useful if the team got hurt during a skirmish, she could summon tools the others needed, use her mental magics to keep the two teams in touch via telepathy (something HYDRA could neither jam nor intercept), and at a pinch she could open a portal to get the team out of there.

There were probably a few more details that needed to be sorted out (Persephone realised her plan was more of a series of Step 1s, lacking in thing like proper exit strategies or what to do if HYDRA had more defensive firepower than they thought) but it was a start. And a start she felt she could be proud of

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"Alright, thanks Marauder." the female cat-suit wearing agent said as she turned to follow him.

Once she was in the armory she looked around. She grabbed two desert eagles off a shelf and checked them to see that they were full. She then picked up two silencers before attaching them to the weapons. She then grabbed a few extra mags. She pocketed two stun grenades herself. She didn't reach for any kevlar armor since it would slow her down.

"Alright, I think I'm good." she said as her hazel eyes flashed yellow. "Now let's get to the hangar bay before they leave without us."

IC:

"Ah... Ah can try." Christine said. "What do you need me to set?" she clinched her fist within her dark green gloves.

IC:

Nicole rested against the wall. Her head inclined a bit as she stared up at the ceiling. She could hear the soft patter of rain on the window of the empty room as she sighed and waited for a response text. Her pink iPhone vibrated and she looked down to see Dallas had texted her. Her heart skipped a beat, she hadn't expected him to actually reply.

How are you holding up?

Deciding to pocket a few fragmentation and stun grenades as well, Vivus turned to face Jennifer. "Sounds like a plan." he agreed, though he immediately had a look of puzzlement on his face. "Are you sure that's appropriate combat wear?" Vivus asked, failing to understand the practicality of a catsuit. "I mean, we're gonna get shot at...."

OOC: I sincerely hope there's an in-universe reason why female agents wear catsuits that show off their curves.

Edited by JiMing

IC Tokiomi

"Uh..."

Tokiomi had equipped himself in a black combat uniform and matching body armor and helmet. He then grabbed an M9 pistol and a USMC Mk II knife from the shelf before stopping in his tracks. "Uh... What do I take?" His first instinct was to take an M27 automatic rifle from the shelf but hesitated and looked over to an M4 carbine with an M203 grenade launcher equipped. "Do we need explosives or do we need suppressive fire?"

The gruffy hero looked at Jenn as she grabbed two D.Es. "You remund me of someone that I met when I was in Alaska." He said grabbing a Heckler & Koch PSG-1. He frabbed three exra mags in case he missed a shot. "Maybe if you just wear some armor, you can still look good while not dying." He gave a smile as loaded a mag into the PSG-1.

IC:

Jennifer tossed her brown ponytail over one shoulder as she looked at Vivus. "Appropriate? I don't see why not. Besides perhaps I can distract some Hydra guards this way, they may not want to shoot me on sight as much as they'd want to shoot at a robot or a scruffy soldier."

She walked over to where some of the armor components were. "I supposed some light armor pads wouldn't hurt..." she said as she began talking small armor components that were made to strap on to certain areas before attaching them to her cat-suit.

"There I have some protection now. There was now armor over her stomach and gut, small pads on her shoulders and thighs and a large piece on her back.

"Who did you meet in Alaska?" she asked Marauder.

IC:

"That's so frickin' gross," Christine sighed. She bent down and clasped Sierra's arm with her gloved hand.

"This will probably hurt... a lot." she then clutched the bone and her arm and attempted to force it under the skin and back in place.

"I met someone almost like you. Though she wasn't mutant. She carried a D.E like you are now." He placed the sniper rifle on his back and held his M4. "Her name was Madison. You could say we hit it off, but if they hadn't pulled me out, who knows what would have happened. I haven't seen or heard from her since."

"Wait, distract? What are you.... Oh." said Vivus, when the meaning of Jennifer's words dawned on him. "Uh, I don't think that strategy will work very well. They're probably ordered to kill us on sight, regardless of appearance." he told Jennifer, a look of embarrassment on his face. Then he heard Marauder's remark and story. "Wait, that's why you..." Vivus stopped, unable to complete his sentence, an incredulous look on his face.

OOC: I almost had Vivus blush, but that would have made varying levels of sense for an android. So I'll leave that up to interpretation.

IC: Ashley

It seemed like only a few moments before they entered the indoor garden, which was impressively big thanks to Warren's money. Though effectively it was the outdoor garden with a greenhouse built around it, which was perfect for the winter months. the ceiling was tall enough that even the massive willow tree in the center still didn't quite reach the top, though as far as trees go it wasn't the tallest. Ashley seemed quite eager to show Aleks the willow tree in particular as she led him to it.

Aleks couldn't help but notice how...animated the plant-life seemed to be, the flowers bounced back and forth to an unknown beat, vines slithered around like snakes, and the shrubbery would occasionally rustle it's branches, it certainly wasn't normal plant behavior. And this was without mentioning the endless variations of plant-life that didn't seem to be the correct color or texture, or just a color that was clearly impossible for a plant to be...or so people assumed. Some of the plants were so bizarre looking that they were probably unclassified as a species of fauna. Quite frankly they weren't suppose to exist.

It was certainly one of the more bizarre places in the institute, straight out of wonderland. Though to Ashley it was her sanctuary. They stopped at the willow tree, Ashley looked up at the tree, her face beaming.

"Aleks, this is the Great Deku Tree! He's been around here longer than most of us, in fact he's nearly as old as the institute! He wasn't quiet as big though!" She giggled.

"I talk to him a lot when I'm by myself in here, most of my life in fact...he knows quite a bit about what happens around here actually, since he's always here and all. Though he usually speaks to me in here." She tapped her head.

The willow tree croaked as the branches moved suddenly. Ashley giggled for an unknown reason. "He wants to say hi Aleks! Go ahead Great Deku Tree!" She encouraged.

"HELLLOOOOO...." The tree croaked slowly in a monotone voice as something equivalent to a mouth opened up in the center of it's trunk.

IC:

"Coffee is something that some people often drink in the morning, as the caffeine acts as a stimulant to wake them up and help keep them awake." Tera commented, after listening to two of her companions go back and forth for a few minutes. "It is also something that you, Aella, are not allowed to drink. You on caffeine is the last thing that we need."

OOC: Other posts to follow shortly.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Thankfully. And I intend to keep it that way." The woman replied, taking another bite of her French toast, and regarding Aella was a degree of amusement. "I am quite familiar with the effects of caffeine, and thus, am perfectly fine."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I bit my lower lip. "Whatever, I didn't want any coffee anyway." Despite what I said I was already making plans on how I might acquire some. When Tera least expected it, I would gain access to this coffee...muahahahahah.