BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Kouyran (Obsidian Outpost)

"Ow." The Ko-Toa lay on the floor, having been smacked hard in the face by Veteran's impact vision. His vision blurring slightly, and feeling a bit queasy, Kouyran pulled his dagger out of its sheath with his Matatu, somehow able to muster the mental focus required, and sent it flying at Veteran's head, whilst doing the same with his axe. Then he sent a ball of ice, two metres every way, flying at the Skakdi at breakneck speed.

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Veteran.

Veteran's own vision was beginning to get a little blurry around the edges; he'd overused his power. He could have used it again to block the knife or the ice attack, but knew it wouldn't help him in the long run. He was admittedly impressed by Kouyran's mental focus, him being able to draw and throw his dagger and axe solely using his mask, even after being slapped upside the head by impact vision. And then he threw he giant ice ball as well. This kid was a real piece of work. Definitely Outsiders material. 

Out the corner of his eye, he saw the ghost of a smile momentarily flit across Zero's features. 

Now... how the heck to survive this attack? 

He stepped forward, swiveling sideways to make a smaller target of himself. The axe flashed past his face, and the knife snagged at his spines, ripping through the organics and leaving a fine spray of blood that pattered lightly onto the snow. Nothing lethal, but still annoying. Wait, he'd avoided the knife and the axe, but that still left...

...the ice boulder slammed right into Veteran, and he wrapped himself around the large object, throwing his weight to one side, causing it to land, and roll into a wall. He let go at the last moment, skidding across the ice to land within reach of his dropped sword, which he promptly snatched up. 

It was time to end this. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Veteran grabbed his sword, which Kouyran had thrown to the side earlier, and stood up, with blood leaking a bit from his spine where Kouyran's dagger had nicked it. A second before the ice boulder slammed into a wall, which would have probably come out of his pay, Kouyran absorbed the energy in order to be able to fight more effectively, and he also absorbed the chunks of ice from the broken sheet which he had attempted to drop on Veteran earlier. 

The axe and knife clattered against the opposite side of the courtyard, useless for the rest of the fight. Well, Matatu, it's time for you to make yourself useful, Kouyran thought to himself. Seeing Veteran swaying ever so slightly, off-balance from overuse of his vision power, and constantly keeping Kouyran in the centre of his sight, gave the Ko-Toa an idea. One which probably wouldn't work, mind you, due to Kouyran's own instability, but one worth a shot. 

Kouyran whipped up a blizzard in the courtyard, trying to centre it on Veteran, and began moving slowly towards his right, so Veteran's left, with the intention to move into one of Veteran's blind spots, and from there, disable the Skakdi.

OOC: The blizzard is intended to conceal Kouyran, so... yeah. It should work. Ish.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Ryzen

I made my way silently to the door, maybe I could get a little fresh air before Akhulii wakes up. Grabbing a scrap of paper and a pen from the bottom of my bag, I wrote a quick note in case Akhulii might be up sometime I'm gone.

It read: Will be out for a bit. Won't be too long. If you need me just give me a shout.-Ryzen

I opened the door and made my way out, enjoying how quiet it was outside.

IC: Akhulii

A while after Ryzen had left, Akhulii awoke again. He pushed himself out of bed and yelled out, "Good morning Ryzen! Ready for another day of travel?" when suddenly he noticed Ryzen wasn't in the room. He then noticed the note lying out on one of the tables. He read it with surprise that Ryzen would just leave like that, but he wasn't worried. His main worry was that they should've started travel early but that it was pretty late into the morning.

Akhulii decided he would relax and try testing some of the shrubbery and mushrooms that he had collected on his way to Ta-koro. He pulled his travel-alchemy kit from a large suit case and set things up.

Some opponents might have fallen for Kouyran's trick, but not Veteran. After all, they called him that for a reason.

Kouyran's strategy was a good one. Concealing himself with the blizzard meant that he couldn't be seen, and the wind made it difficult for him to be heard. But if Veteran couldn't see of hear Kouyran, the Toa couldn't see or hear him either. Backing away towards where he remembered the nearest wall to be, he soon felt a stab of pain as his mangled spines pressed up agaisnt it. Then, sheathing his sword, he began to climb, until he was on top of the small arena wall. 

Now that he could see over the blizzard, Veteran had the advantage. Spotting the outline of a moving figure who could only be Kouyran, Veteran drew his sword once more and silently leapt off the wall, swinging down at the Ko-Toa. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Out of the blue, Veteran's sword sliced through a gap in Kouyran's armour, leaving a long but shallow gash along Kouyran's left side. With his sudden loss of concentration, the blizzard dropped. Grimacing at the pain, Kouyran pressed his arm against it in an attempt to stop the bleeding temporarily, and then for a slightly more permanent measure, he encased it in ice, containing his blood and preventing the air from getting to it.

After leaping at Kouyran, Veteran had landed just to Kouyran's right, and as the Skakdi was getting up, Kouyran sent a dagger of ice into his injured spine, and then proceeded to smack Veteran's head against the ground, hard, using his Matatu.

OOC: The ice dagger came from Kouyran's EE, because he threw his regular dagger at Veteran earlier.

VBWj75sh.png

Pain flared once more, but Veteran was too dazed to focus on that. His head hurt from getting slammed into the ground, but he pushed past it. Hauling himself to his feet, he picked up his sword, breathing hard. He wasn't used to this sort of thing. It wasn't his job. But it had to be done. He would keep fighting Kouyran until one of them couldn't continue, or Zero decided they'd had enough. 

Eyeing the racks of weapons lining the walls, Veteran began to form an idea. He ran at the wall he'd jumped from earlier, then kicked off of it, swinging around in midair and lashing out with his sword in a crazy, two-handed strike, directed right at Kouyran's head. 

OOC: Oh, my. That's just too easy. Also, all autohits in this fight were cleared with Nato before posting. And I pity Veteran.

Kouyran moved a single step to his left, keeping his injured side away from Veteran, and stood there calmly as the Skakdi flew past. Veteran smacked into the paved floor of the courtyard, and Kouyran encased him up to the neck in ice as he lay there. And then Kouyran repeated his strategy of smashing Veteran's head against the ground, having seen the effect of his earlier attempt. 

VBWj75sh.png

OOC: He speaks truth. Although, I don't recall approving the "freezing-me-solid-to-give-me-no-chance-to-escape" autohit... No matter, I'll still go along with it. :)

As expected, Kouyran dodged the attack. What Veteran hadn't expected was to get frozen solid and then end up headbutting the ground. Again. This guy was very good with his mask, which was incredibly annoying. What was even more annoying, though, was the fact that he was still frozen solid. The good news, though, was that his own momentum had still caused him to slide across the arena before he was frozen.

He was trapped right next to the thing he had been trying to reach. The only problem being that he was now, oh yeah, frozen. Gritting his teeth, Veteran focused looked down at his own trapped body and fired off his impact vision once more, shattering the ice in order to free himself. His vision blurred for a few moments, but it had cleared by the time he got to his feet.

turning around for a brief moment, he turned around holding a pair of loaded and pumped patero launchers that had been hanging from the weapons racks. "G'day mate," he said snarkily, firing both weapons at once. One looked to have contained a stralix powder charge, and the other contained a cluster of bamboo arrows, all of which flew at Kouyran at once. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC: Akhulii

Akhulii was in the middle of mixing a small solution of fire spore and grass together when he saw Ryzen walk in. He carefully put down his work and turned towards him.

"Good morning, finished with your happy little stroll?"

Akhulii still felt a little irritated with Ryzen for leaving like that, but decided it wasn't a big deal.

OOC: Nato, in the Skype chat, you said: 

Sure. You have my permission to do any sort of autohitting that you so desire - just don't kill/seriously injure Veteran.

And encasing Veteran in ice isn't killing or seriously injuring him. Just pointing that out.  :D

IC: Kouyran (Obsidian Outpost)

"Karz."

Which attack would be the hardest to recover from; the spiky things, or the explody thing? The spiky things, of course. Kouyran created a shield of ice with a chunk of his elemental power, which the arrows clattered off harmlessly. But tha left the Stralix orbs still flying towards him. 

They went boom.

The resulting explosion left part of the courtyard wall in ruins, Kouyran's wall of ice nowhere to be scene, and Kouyran himself lying on the floor with his head spinning like a roundabout, and coughing up blood. And that isn't even mentioning the puncture wounds from shrapnel all over the right side of his body.

"Ow."

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

Veteran tossed the empty launchers aside, and drew his claymore, energising the blade and lowering it to Kouyran's throat. "You gave me a real run for ma money, mate," he grinned. His teeth were reddened with blood from the last time he'd headbutted the wall. "But they don't call me Veteran for nothin'. Aint that right, Zero?" he looked over to the other skakdi. 

"I'd say he's got what it takes." Veteran said gravely, "but I'll leave the final call to you."

IC: (Tarotrix)

"I think I've gotten enough information," Taro said. "Off the book, do you have any preference to what happens to Grokk?"

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Skyra

"Grokk should..." I tried to think...there were so many wonderful things that could happen to him. "...be left dangling...by his toes....over a pool of lava..." I took another swig of my drink...which magically changed flavor. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

I had been feeling a little buzzed myself, but I had spent enough time drinking, brawling, and schmoozing to hold my bourbon and play it cool for Skyra. All the whiskey did was cut a little into the roarin' headache I'd picked up ever since Skyra's blunderbuss had first gone off in my ear. I put my left fist against my chin and cracked my neck loudly with a raspy hiss. 

"My piano's dead. So's my pinkest shirt." I took an angry swig of bourbon and sloshed it around between my teeth. "Grokk follows, what do I care? Kill him tonight or ship him to Ga-Wahi and do it. I just want my money. Get out of my loft and go tell your captain. Skyra?"

After seeing off the would-be cleanup crew (with a lazy nod towards the Toa of Magnetism, who was not-Guard enough to at least not merit a callow middle finger) and closing the door behind me with a foot I took a heavy drink and then set the half-bottle down on the mantle. With another groan I pulled my shirt by the back of the collar over my head and tossed it, in a bloody ball, onto the floor. Skyra kicked at it with a cackle while I stumbled over to the bed, debating whether to put another on, and said screw it. I had a headache, I felt confined in here...

And like...really. When did I need a shirt? That F. in my name stands for Fanservice, boys and girls.

Nothing very fanservice-y about cursing and pulling half the pillow up to cover the right side of your face, though. Stifling a curse-yawn-groan tribrid I looked up at Skyra hazily.

"What're you still doin' here?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I blinked at Dorian, bringing my bottle up to my face again. "Whadda mean?" I took another sip, sitting down on the edge of the bed. 

"I thought this was a sleepover." Plus I couldn't really remember how to get out of his house, but I didn't mention that. 

IC:

I turned my head around and sat up, rolling my eyes at Skyra and bobbing my head until I found the energy to hold it up and stare at Skyra. Slowly, lips pursed upwards in thought and eyes never leaving hers - spring green, Ky's eyes - I reached for her bottle and plugged it with the Protosteel prosthetic on my right index finger. Skyra made a squeak of indignation; I rolled my head to the left and crinkled my forehead.

"You want to sleep over."

"Uhuh."

"Uhuh." I scooted the booze away and pulled my phalange out of the bottle's neck with a wet pop. "You're more drunk than you look, you know. That's not a no, but uh...yeesh. I didn't remember you kids being lightweights."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"I'm not drunk!" I protested, coming out more like a whine than I intended. "Okay...maybe a little..." I pouted when I realised Dorian had taken my bottle away. 

I sighed and fell back on the bed, looking at the ceiling. "I forgot to mention...I never had alcohol in this body before...not since I...well 'died'." I did recall that drink I had with Tillian before my old body gave away and I moved to my new form. Made me feel all melancholy. 

Edited by Skitty

IC: Well. That's that. He thought, watching the door close not too gently behind him, meeting the surly, lazy nod with a curt one of his own.

He turned back out to the street as the guard troupe moved on, leaving him standing at the foot of the steps to the current Casa Del Shaddix.

And so the question once again becomes, "now what?"

He shrugged and ambled off, leaving the gutted home behind as he slid straight into the throng of the Koro's many citizens, sparing only a glance behind at the crazy tale he'd only briefly become a part of.

"Nah,"  he said after a moment. "I ain't that interesting."

Hands sliding into pockets, an alien feeling if there ever was one, he rounded the corner.

helo frens

IC:

I chewed on the insides of my cheeks and exhaled deeply through my nose while I chewed - aha! - that over for a second. He ordered me a vodka. Thought it was my favorite. He didn't know me at all. I didn't breathe again until I kicked back on the bed and raised one knee to put my hand on. The other squeezed Skyra's shoulder and wrapped around her.

"Sage advice, kid," I recommended. "Everyone's got a limit to 'em. I lose steam at three good deeds a day. Joske can save fifty kittens in each arm, but give him fifty-one? He crumbles. Reason we can both max out and keep truckin' on is that we know our limits. You should, too. Find your peak, Daring, or someone else is gonna. It would suck if that happened just when you were finally starting to come around to me."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"You know...if I knew my limit a couple years ago it probably would have saved me quite a few trips to the hospital...and from being a chickadee." His arm wrapped around me made me feel all fuzzy...or was that the alcohol? 

I pondered over Dorian's words, as well as I could given my current mental state, and then gave him a look. 

"Aren't we like the same age?" Calling me a kid, sheesh.

Edited by Skitty

IC:

I looked over at Skyra and raised my eyebrows, mouthing Physically with a smirk. 

"Maybe emotionally, too. You're a bit of a brat, but Dad never had many positive things to stay on my twelve-steps to becoming a mature adult." I pursed my lips and looked over at her. "I see what you're doing here. Getting me half-soused, cuddling, talking about my daddy issues. You're trying to melt me."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Throughout the action, Zero had been paying close attention to Kouyran's movements. He was not necessarily tactical, but smart nonetheless, and resourceful. He had honed his elemental powers very well, seeing as he had used them in Ta-Wahi's hot atmosphere without much trouble. He was also good at using his Matatu in creative ways.

A hint of a smile tugged at the corner of her mouth.

"Congratulations, you passed." she said, making her way over to him with fluid footsteps. Blood leaked from the corner of his mouth, and he had took on quite the pounding from Veteran.

She held out her hand to help him to his feet.

"Rise, Scholar, 8th member of The Outsiders. From now on, you will answer to this name only when working alongside us. Understood?"

Scholar? That was a cute little name. 

Veteran cracked his neck, wincing. He was getting too old for this. He helped Kouyran to his feet, and sat the wounded Toa down on a bench to recover. "Now, anything else you wanted me to do today?" Veteran scowled. He wasn't happy about having been made to fight. "Or am I allowed to take a break and see to my injuries?" 

IC:

"If that's what we're calling it." I scrunched up my mouth and quirked it to the left - my late-night version of an investigative smirk. "Depends on what drunken emotions you're whim to."

"All the things."

"My favorite."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME