BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"I didn't," Saeva's mother answered, shaking her head. After a moment, she gestured with a thumb to the Ta-Toa in the midst of preparing what seems to be a stew behind her. "He did. He took a look through the wall with his Kanohi, tried to get an idea of what was going on."

"Six Skakdi." The man said simply, and without preamble. He didn't pause in his movements or look back, even as the eyes in the room swiveled to look at him, Saeva's in particular boring into his back. "Six main elements. The Water and Stone ones, they were situated at the Lavapool before the others arrived. They had launchers, some kind of gas in them. Definitely tougher than most Skakdi. Took out one of the Maru with a single blow to the head, and a few other Toa beside. Stone was scrawny, Water was big. Rest were pretty mid-sized. Air, Stone and Water seemed to have been keeping nearby. Earth and Ice took longer to show up, Fire took the longest. Armor didn't look clean, different shades of red were present. Not armor-matched."

The information delivered, he fell silent again. His tone had been terse, a careful recitation of only the facts. He didn't turn around, but his movements became a little more forceful, as if the items he was cutting were the Piraka themselves. His wife turned back to the table, shrugging slightly. "He has good eye. If he says that's true, I trust him. Was a little hard to miss."

"But! That's enough of that." The Fe-Toa seemed to brighten a little, looking to Torana. "So, you said you just came to Ta-Koro. What brings you here?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: "Lines up with what I've been hearing..." Erzu murmured, leaning back and closing his eyes as he tried to visualize the group. "Thank you."

Averagely sized, one big, one smallish, one bloody.

Tough as nails, too.

Hrm.

The mind's eye was a powerful tool, and anything better than vague, Skakdi-shaped pools of shadow was more useful to get a bead on what they were looking for.

A picture began to form.

What a lovely bunch.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC: Torana

"So, you said you just came to Ta-Koro. What brings you here?"

Torana's eyes glanced down at the table for a brief moment before returning upwards. 

"Vacation, I guess," she replied, her hands fidgeting around, "I dunno, I just... didn't want to be in Le-Koro for a while."

She thought for a moment before smiling sadly for a moment and sighing. 

"It seems like everywhere you go on this island is... out of the frying pan and into the fire - oh, uh, no pun intended."

IC: The Champion (Obsidian Outpost, Meeting room)

I liked this 'Zero', whatever her actual name is. She was serious and certainly knew what we wanted. And she had a good idea for a job too, although it sounded somewhat dangerous. I'm also suprised that she isn't as hideous as most Skakdi.. But there was something abut her eyes that bothered me. When we first met, I looked into them for a while, and soon I got this nauseating feeling that I've always gotten when that cowardly Hakku tried to use his Kanohi Komau to control my mind. I looked away, and the feeling was soon gone.. but ever since I've made sure to keep my Boruhka helm with me and avoid making eye contact with her.

[color0darkblue]It has been a long time since I killed or hurt someone with my mace. I was itching for battle, and I also wanted to prove myself for these people. I stood up, ignoring what she said about speaking in turn, and said "I volunteer for this mission. My combat skills will surely be useful". Then I waited for her response.[/color]

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: "Hehe. Don't go burning bridges just yet."

A goofy half-grin. He couldn't help it! It was right there!

"I feel you, though. Home did get pretty stale after a long time."

Although he sincerely doubted it was for the same reason as her.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC: Natharius.

A mask of healing? Natharius again cursed the fact that skakdi could wear kanohi, but not use them. 

IC: Minnorak Enforcer

I sit down and listen to Zero's words. I"d suspected this would be the case. Helping in Ko-Koro would be our first act. 

I stand up once she is finished and raise my hand. "I will go."

Despite my haste, Champion has already beaten me to it. I'm interested to see how he fares in a real mission.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: I decided to start RPing this character again, so I could see if I could expand on a character that didn't have a lot of RP time when I first introduced her...

IC, Nilyn:“Let me think… There’s rumors about interesting statues in Po-Wahi, but there’s always statues there, so they’re not necessarily ancient… And then there’s word of caves with strange carvings in Onu-Wahi… but it could’ve been some untrained eye looking at Rahi scratches on a cave wall…”

A young Vo-Toa walked down the street with her nose stuck in her iStone and a pickaxe at her side. Her name was Nilyn, and she was an archaeologist. Currently, she was trying to figure out where her next excavation should take place- however, some of the rumors of certain things out in the different Wahi weren’t always true.

The Toa sighed. She still wasn’t sure which rumors were worth checking out first. And then if, just if, a rumor was true, she would have to hurry back to Ta-Koro and assemble a team of diggers to excavate what was found. Shaking her head, Nilyn went back to looking at her iStone, not really paying attention to where she was going.

OOC: Nilyn open for interaction.

IC: Akhulii

Akhulii was about to answer when the waiter came over to take their orders. Akhulii ordered the Kifu, and then gave a surprised look at Ryzen when he didn't order anything.

"You toa of ice are a lot stranger than I thought. I can't imagine going without food like that can be healthy at all... and honestly you need to get your ears checked. I have answered that question all too many times. This is my expedition throughout the island. I'm looking for flora and natural wild-life to take home and study. Le-Koro is my number one destination, but as you can see I've picked a hefty amount of lava mushrooms here in Ta-Koro. The potions and medicines I can can make will be endless with these herbs! I'll replant them, and soon my business will expand! It's quite genius you see."

Akhulii waited impatiently for his food to arrive. He was rattling his fingers on the table and kicking his legs under it. "Goodness the service here could really use some improving. I've been waiting for that Kifu all too long!"

Edited by Banana Gunz

IC:

Magma Lounge, Ta-Koro. Ten days after Makuta's fall / Eight hours after Dorian Shaddix's discharge from New Hospital of the Guard.

Captain Angelus really, really wanted to kill Dorian Shaddix.

"This is screwed up, even for you, Mister Jungle-Pragmatist-Disguised-As-Adorable-Newb-Toa."

"She's my girlfriend." Angelus had sunk solids, and his keen eye lined up a shot at the 4. With a singular, smooth motion he thrust the cue forward and watched the ball bounce between the raised edges of the far right corner and teeter precariously on the lip of the hole before falling in. The Toa of Fire whistled. "Lucky shot."

"Really?" Dorian grinned and took a sip of bourbon, letting the glass teeter on his own lip. 

"Yeah, I sunk the--"

"I meant is she your girlfriend. I read breakup all over her the second she walked into my cellblock."

"She was--"

"--That's better--"

"--We have a connection."

Dorian dabbed theatrically at one too-blue eye with the collar of his too-expensive shirt.

"Shut up."

"I didn't say anything!" the mercenary protested.

"Shut up forever."

Dorian Shaddix, Toa of Iron, Mark Bearer of Rage, Lieutenant of Bad Company, world class jerkoff and newly minted Ta-Koro Consultant, rolled his eyes and rolled his sleeves while he leaned against the pool table. His lips murmured something to themselves and Angelus crouched too, watching the assassin's eyes rove over the table and seek out angles the Captain would probably never find if you gave him a geometry text and a million years. He was smart, Angelus had come to accept over the years. Unstable, charming (almost enough to make you like him) by turns when he wasn't cruel, dangerous beyond belief even now, with half his muscles lax and his eyes staring away from the Toa of Fire...and smart most of all. The sound of cue hitting ball snapped Angelus out of his thoughts; Dor had sunk two, as was typical of the one-upping mercenary.

"I know you don't believe me--"

"--well, at least the Rahkshi didn't cut the common sense out of your head--"

"--I'm serious here. Why can't a guy change?"

"A guy can. People can. To an extent, for most of them. Spend time with Joske and he'll drill it into your head. But nobody changes from what you were to what you want me to think you're becoming, Shaddix. It's never been done, and you know why? You know why it hasn't been done out of all the people who ever lived on Mata Nui? It can't be done. After this long, in this place, it would have been."

"Maybe it's happening now."

"Maybe I'd believe you if you helped me."

"And if I did what you asked, Tuara would never trust me again." Doubt flashed through Angelus' head; a serious tone had weaved into Dorian's lithe tenor while he took his previous shot and the sincerity had peaked when he tried to remind Angelus of the consequences. But people have been snared into Shaddix's trap before, and with less effort. He'd stay wary.

"She shouldn't trust you now."

"Sure you ain't bitter?" Dorian flicked the second pool cue towards Angelus.

"Sure as rain."

"We're in a volcano."

Angelus sighed and cursed under his breath, looking down to his chest and tracing the new Captain's badge with his eyes. "I'm really not hearing the 'shutting up forever' I was hoping for." Shaddix laughed and held out the basket of fries with a rustle. Angelus took two and smiled grimly while he lined up his shot, but the cue ball went wide and gave Dorian the chance to sink his 5 and 6 into the center right pocket if he could get a good bounce off the cue ball and they didn't bump into each other on the way. The Fire Toa cursed, and Dorian laughed; the high sound mingled with the rustle of the basket. Angelus didn't reach for more fries, but Dorian irreverently shook the basket again.

"Come on. All you need is a little more practice. We'll do this once a week, bring that beefcake new Messiah with the Parakuka on his back--"

"--Oreius."

"Yeah. And we'll make a boy's night out of it."

"Only if I can make it a general Guard thing."

Dorian pantomimed raising his revolver and popping a round off through the inside of his cheek.

"Please do." Angelus barely looked up from the table. "Before you do, uh, pay for the table first. You're the one with the blood money to blow."

"Government salary?"

"Nightmare."

Dorian laughed again and took his pool cue.

"Come on. Makuta's dead. Your new friends killed him, Rahkshi armor and tech for everyone. The good times are all ahead from here. That's worth a couple fries."

He couldn't refute the logic, so Angelus took a couple fries and stuffed them in one cheek while Dorian cued up. He could feel the banter getting lighter, so the new Captain of the Guard decided to breach the subject one last time.

"Tuara--"

Dorian groaned and stopped his shot in mid-stance. "Not this again. We were bonding."

"We can bond still."

"I feel like you're using me."

"Welcome to the last two years. You use everyone. I'm just asking you to--"

"Do it to someone I love."

"Do you love her?" Angelus asked Dorian pointedly; the Toa of Iron's face darkened in a way that Angelus only knew could mean yes. Though the breakup had been amicable and the Toa of Fire had accepted it, the look still made his chest clench - his relationship with Tuara was now firmly in Dorian's fist, and it was being ground to dust between his pianist's fingers. He supposed it was progress of a sort, though - if Dorian Shaddix could love something, anything, that wasn't an extension of himself, it was a baby step towards Angelus being able to ever believe a thing that came out of his mouth. That was the angle to take here.

"Dorian, look..."

"Stop."

"I know you don't want to talk about this. I can see it," Angelus said, and the words felt raw in his throat. "I'm just asking you to help me help her..."

"By spying on her. Informing on how low she gets. God, man, you're a voyeuristic ######. I got to you after all."

He would rather die than confess the truth of that statement, so what he said instead was: "You don't have to tell me everything. Just how she's progressing. She's had a...problem...with drinking, and this? You? It won't help. She needs something to focus on, a real purpose. She's lost without one, and when she gets lost she gets antsy, and that doesn't lead to anything we want to see. Breaking a confidence she never even asked you to keep...is it that wrong, in order to save her life? To save her?"

"I love her," Dorian Shaddix said, and Angelus thought: God, you stubborn ######, you really mean it. You're going to play that card on me. "There's a confidence in that."

Dorian got back in his stance and shot, but Angelus had flustered him marginally; the 5 ball sank and the 6 ball bounced off the oak edge of the table, wavering by the lip. The cue ball had lined up Angelus' 9. 

"Three months," he finally said. "Give me three months without you running interference, let me see how she does. I know what she's dealing with, I can help--"

"You've never helped anyone."

"I just gave you a free 9 ball."

"Thanks for that." Angelus was starting to lose his temper, and sank the ball before he could let his arms start to shake. "Want to help? Help me. I know her better than you. Better than anyone."

"And you're sure of that?" Dorian asked, voice challenging with the defiance of a graduate student. Angelus had never realized how close they were in age.

"Of course."

"What killed her parents?"

Angelus went cold, said nothing, couldn't move. Dorian shook his head, disgusted, and flicked the basket around, dabbing a little salt on his fingertips and sucking it off pensively. 

"I owe her, and you owe me." 

That was what did it. Angelus broke the pool stick and pulled the jagged, splintered edge on Dorian Shaddix, holding it underneath his strong chin and getting up inches from his eyes with his own harsh face. 

"You beat Kinvex - Tuara's partner - within an inch of his life and then let him die while you lit cigarettes over his body. Dren was sacrificed because of what Tank and the Mark Bearers found in your journal. Eleven guards were killed the night Hiemalis broke out with iron spikes that shot from the walls and floors. My oldest friend, the former bartender of the Lavapool, is still catatonic after we found her with her neck half-broken in the bar with half a bottle of bourbon sitting beside her, so I think you should shut up and cue up, Shaddix, before you remind me exactly what the ###### I owe you."

It was only later he realized that was what Dorian had been waiting for, and that the Toa of Iron could have killed him in an instant. The gun that had been on Dorian's hip was pressed against his solar plexus, against one of the Mark-shaped scars he'd been branded with during the investigation.

"How quickly they grow up," Shaddix whispered bitterly, and the world stood still for a couple seconds until the assassin shoved Angelus away. The gun was back in its holster; had it ever really left?

The Toa of Iron chalked up his cue a little more, but didn't shoot. He reached for the last handful of fries and ate them all at once.

"Three months," he said, and then added a little more quietly: "Please."

The Captain felt like he'd regret his answer for the rest of his life.

"Fine." 

They were quiet for several seconds after that, and Angelus sighed disgustedly. "Fine. Yeah. Three months. See what you can do for her. Then? You report directly to me if she hasn't improved. Tuara's important to me...as a friend and a cop. The island needs her. I need her...and if you do, too...well, maybe that's a starting point."

"Mighty big of you." Dorian's face was impassive, but he could sense the rage underneath that facial structure. It radiated like heat from the Mangai Volcano. 

"You gonna shoot?" the Captain finally asked. 

"I already shot. You owe me another fifty bucks." The Toa of Iron smiled insolently and inhaled two fries, shooting them into the back of his mouth. Angelus rolled his eyes behind closed lids and put the cue back on the rack, spinning the ball and sliding it across the table to Shaddix's prostethics. 

"Put it on the tab. Tell the bartender I said hi." He was halfway to the dining room when he turned back and added, "Oh, Dorian. By the way. I ###### hate you."

Dorian smiled. "Congrats on your pro-mo-shunnn."

"Sorry you didn't die alone." Angelus smiled back at the brief, returning flicker of anger in Dorian's eyes and gave the newly-minted consultant a one fingered salute on the way out.

Angelus thought he had forgotten that -- or maybe he'd just wished he had. Maybe he hadn't been the only one who was a little low after the breakup after all. But outside Jaller's office, waiting for reprimand, with Dorian Shaddix gallivanting (seemingly alone) in the streets...not much else to think about.

-Tyler
Edited by Parks and Rekt

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"I can understand that." Saeva said, piping up for the first time in several minutes. She glanced at Torana, eyes glimmering inquisitively. "Sometimes you need to leave home for a while. Find somewhere else to be, somewhere you haven't been before."

"As for the island... Well, anyone who though it'd end with Makuta's fall was kidding themselves."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Draygon Veteran.

The crimson and indigo skakdi wandered Ta-Koro's streets, heading in the opposite direction to the commotion behind him. Lots of names were floating around, rumours spreading like wildfire. Dorian Shaddix... Joske Nimil... Turaga killers... He ignored it all.

They were not the kinds of people he was searching for today. No, the target he sought, who he had been following and observing for some time now, currently sat atop a pillar of ice in the middle of the city. It was a wonder that no one had noticed it. Kind of hard to miss, really. No matter. 

Veteran stopped at the foot of the ice pillar and shouted up to the being sitting atop it. "You're Kouyran, right?" 

The being nodded, still focused on maintaining the ice pillar upon which he stood. 

"Then have I got an offer for you, mate." Veteran said with a wry smile. "How's 'bout you come down here and we'll have a little chat?" 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Kouyran (Ko-Koro)

The crimson and indigo skakdi wandered Ta-Koro's streets, heading in the opposite direction to the commotion behind him. Lots of names were floating around, rumours spreading like wildfire. Dorian Shaddix... Joske Nimil... Turaga killers... He ignored it all.

They were not the kinds of people he was searching for today. No, the target he sought, who he had been following and observing for some time now, currently sat atop a pillar of ice in the middle of the city. It was a wonder that no one had noticed it. Kind of hard to miss, really. No matter. 

Veteran stopped at the foot of the ice pillar and shouted up to the being sitting atop it. "You're Kouyran, right?" 

The being nodded, still focused on maintaining the ice pillar upon which he stood. 

"Then have I got an offer for you, mate." Veteran said with a wry smile. "How's 'bout you come down here and we'll have a little chat?" 

The Toa of Ice looked down from his pillar at the Skakdi, hearing him shouting, and nodded. Not being bothered enough to carve out a set of steps in the pillar, Kouyran merely grabbed a hold of him with his Matatu and yanked him up onto the top of the column of ice, and whispered in a tortured voice which betrayed a changing view of the world:

"What do you want? And how do you know my name? The only being who knows it is the Toa I suffocated a few hours ago when he tried to kick me out of an inn. Speak."

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Draygon Veteran 

"I work for a very special group of people, mate." Veteran said amiably, not the slightest bit concerned by the fact that he'd been levitated up to the top of an unpleasantly high ice tower. He was old, a veteran. He'd seen it all, done it all. That was how he recognised something very special in Kouyran here. The potential to become even more. "A select group of mercenaries. Our goal is neutrality, preserving the natural order of life here on the island. I get the feeling you're not terribly interested in all of that stuff, though."

He smiled a wide skakdi smile. "You'd be interested in the second part of our offer, though. Money. You do our jobs, you get your cut of the widgets." 

He could see the merc was thinking it over. Good. "As for who I am; think of me as a sort of talent scout for the group. I go out, look for those with potential, and offer them a chance to join if they want to. And you sir, have some serious potential. I've been following  you for a while now (not in the creepy way), and I've decided you have what it takes to join us. Whadya say?" 

OOC: sorry for the kinda long post :)

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 1

IC: Barus looked at the speaker. He wasn't quite sure if he trusted her or not, but one thing was certain; he was ready to start working. He relaxed a little. If he died, he couldn't die any more broke, he had nothing to loose. This gave him some leverage in his decision to join.

IC: Kouyran (Ta-Koro)

"Well, friend, you're wrong about my interest in the goal of your group. Watching someone's heart nearly being ripped out does that to you. I'm a believer in the law now. Consider me recruited. When do we start?" As Kouyran said this, he stood, rising to about shoulder height in the Skakdi, and due to the lack of his concentration the ice pillar began melting slightly, enough to set the top swaying a bit. Realising this, Kouyran created a long flight of steps down to the ground.

"You first!", Kouyran said with a smile.

VBWj75sh.png

"We're not so much believers in the law... just in order, if that makes any sense." Veteran tried to explain as he made his way carefully down the precarious icy steps. "And you're not actually officially recruited... yet. You'll have to meet with the boss and get her approval, and then you'll have to square off against one of our existing members, just to prove to everyone else that you've got what it takes. But I've got confidence in ya, if me word is worth anything..."

He shrugged to himself, stopping at the foot of the steps. "Anything you need to do in the city before we go? We've got quite a walk ahead of us." 

IC: Zero

That was it then. She wasn't surprised in the slightest by the majority of volunteers. In fact, she'd suspected as much.

"Alright then. Forger will be in charge of the lot of you in my absence. He might not be as up front with you as I am, but trust me, don't press your luck crossing him. If you decide to split tactically, Enforcer will lead the other half of you."

She returned to her chair and plopped down brusquely.

"Anyone else? Last chance. Don't think you can come whining to me when you get bored."

• Upvote 1

"Always trouble to get into somewhere."

"Tell me about it," Torana sighed, her eyes downcast once again. Sadness and anger pushing up in her chest, she quickly composed herself and cleared her throat.

"Here's hoping we'll have some brighter days to look forward to someday, though."

Akhulii scratched his chin and thought about that for a moment. He scanned Ryzen and contemplated what he said, and then took some notes in his little notepad.

"I suppose you bring up a valid point. You can be Ryzen: The special toa of ice! So then tell me about yourself. What makes Ryzen so special?"

Akhulii suddenly jumped with excitement. The waiter came over carrying the roasted Kifu bird.

The waiter placed the dish in front of Akhulii. "Thanks to you good sir!"

He put on a bib with a little cartoon tarakava around his neck and picked up the fork and knife to begin eating.

OOC: By the way, Akhulii was being genuine when he was asking what makes Ryzen so special, he wasn't trying to sound super sarcastic or mean.

IC: Ryzen

I thought about his question, not sure if he was being serious or not. After a few moments of watching Akhulii eat, I finally came up with my answer.

"Well, first off, I wouldn't consider myself special. I'm just an ordinary person, travelling the world, for my own pleasure and knowledge. And though I don't seem like it, I like to separate myself from everyone else, so I wouldn't just be 'one of them.'" Why am I telling him this?

"I guess, whether I like it or not, you'll be finding out much more about me as we travel."

IC:

"There are always better days." The Ta-Toa's face, for once, was inscrutable; she hadn't missed Torana's pause, nor the faintest hints of body language, by a long shot. Idly, she leaned back in her chair, making a flame dance between her fingers, weaving between her fingers with unerring precision. "Can't keep getting worse, because there's a bottom. Can't keep getting worse because people won't let it."

She gestured with a finger towards the door. "The poor, stubborn s out there aren't gonna take it on the chin. Because now they're . Spiney s hit hard, but they didn't use their skulls. This place is pretty quiet, but when they get pushed around, they push back. Pansiest shopkeeper turns into a with a grudge, and the military tradition to back it up."

"Anyway," The flame flared a little, as Saeva gave a wide grin. The anger was still there, boiling inside, but it was focused now. She had a goal, and she had targets, not a vague opposing force. "Whenever hits the fan, you gotta remember what it boils down to. If that heart's still pumpin', you've got a one hundred percent success rate at getting through bad day, and that ain't half bad, is it?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

Akhulii gobbled up his food as slowly and politely as he could manage, but his appetite gave in. He would pause every little bit to show Ryzen he was listening.

The bird actually wasn't half bad for his taste, and was cooked well. Maybe those ta-koronans aren't such bad chefs as I thought.

Akhulii was surprised at what Ryzen was telling him. He half expected Ryzen to ignore it and pretend that he didn't hear again. He decided that Ryzen needed to lighten up.

"My friend, I think you're getting something mixed up. You don't need to separate yourself from others to be different. If you don't want to directly associate yourself with others, fine by me, but that doesn't mean you have to be a complete loner. You're strong, but without unity, you won't get far."

He finished off the fish with one last fork-full into his mouth. He then swallowed and slowly leaned back, belly full, mind calm.

"You're a fine fellow Ryzen. A fine fellow."

He then pushed himself upwards and called for the check. "Now, if we're going to find a place to sleep tonight, we better get going. I think it's gotten dark now, and I already feel tired." He yawned loudly and paid for the food.

OOC: I know in regular canon matoran absorb food into energy, but that just seems weird to me. Actually eating food shouldn't be a problem on the BZRPG (at least I hope not).

Edited by Banana Gunz

IC: "Was wonderin' when you'd burst into one of those. Welcome back, Sareta." Erzu jovially proclaimed, reaching over and clapping her on the back. "You been mopin' too long anyway. That ain't like you."

Resolve solves EVERYTHING. Knew she'd just need to find it.

He turned to Torana. "She's spicy with with language and... everything, really, but she's right. No matter how tough it is, if you're still breathing, you're still fighting. Laying down and giving up is the one thing to never do."

helo frens

IC:

Zero scribbled down the attendees in a small leather bound notebook with a thin piece of charcoal. Upon finishing, she snapped the book closed.

"Alright then, it's settled."

She tossed the book onto the tabletop casually and stood once again.

"I have one rule regarding this mission: Don't go dying on me. We clear? If you get stuck in a sticky situation, you haul . No heroic stragglers, got it? Good. Have fun freezing to death."

She took a moment to lay her knives out onto the table in a neat row. Five in total, each one a polished, shimmering silver. The group remained seated, likely unsure of whether or not they were free to leave. Those who'd been around long enough knew she had a habit of going about her own business while holding a meeting. They always ended when she wanted them to, not necessarily when they should. She liked to keep things casual. After all, she was leading a group of lethal, narrow-minded thugs. Why pursue formality? It would only be superfluous to the cause.

She proceeded to polish the first knife, eyes completely focused on the task. After a few minutes of uncomfortable silence, she spoke again.

"There is potential in the air. Can't you feel it?" a deeper question then they were used to hearing from her, but she still said it matter-of-factly. "I do. We have the strength to conquer those that oppose us, but but we lack in numbers."

She stopped what she was doing to look up, finally.

"When you get back, we'll be devoting more of our eyes and ears towards recruiting. We need more able bodied men and women like yourselves to fight alongside us. This island has been posioned by political corruption and the dark will of the rich. We need to grow stronger, strong enough to fight off even the fiercest of opponents. I will lead you through these dark times that loom ahead. I can sense a cloud making its way over us right now. On your own, you'd be swallowed up by its severity. As one, we'll rise above the others as they crumble."

She went back to polishing her blade.

"Enough rambling. You are dismissed. Those who are aiding in Ko-Koro, please gather what you need for the mission and regroup in the docking area. I will see you off. Forger and Enforcer, I would like to speak to you two briefly in private before you depart."

Edited by Requiem

Loren- Ta-koro- Kohli Stadium

IC: The Guardsman raised an eyebrow as Joske started to answer his question. It had been a simple question, the answer far from.

I heard that the guys with the big Destinies had a tendency to wax eloquent but I could do a full armor polish with the amount this guy is doing. Oh, rahkshi. That would certainly make a person want to lose any tails they might have.

Nodding at the other Toa's request, Loren moved past him before settling on the steps outside. Feet set evenly apart, shoulders squared the Toa of Sonics began measuring his breath. After a second or two it became calm and even, almost as if in a meditative trance. His head bowed and his eyes closed, cutting off all distractions that he could. Slowly, his hands came up on either side of the Toa. For a second nothing happened. Loren sat there as still as a statue until, with a quick and controlled movement the hands came together in front of his chest.

Unseen waves emanated out from the clap in all directions. In his trance shapes started appearing to Loren.

Old Jinn back inside the hall they had come from.

A Vortixx examining the trophy case.

A street musician starting up across the street, everybody in the area quieting so that they could listen as cheerful tune of love found rose into the air.

Loren ignored all of this and focused his search upwards. Ta-koro was never a place known for it's good flying atmosphere. Those that took to the air in the village of fire normally were trying to get somewhere in a hurry. A solitary object moved through the air, steadily falling lower until it hit the surrounding lava and vanished. A simple rock falling from the roof.

Letting out a long, slow breath, the grey Toa turned to his former quary and said.

"I'm a combat specialist, echolocation is far from my strong point. Still, it looks like your clear. Nothing flying around the area and if it was on the ground we would have spotted it by now."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Torana mulled Saeva and Erzu's words over for a moment.

"I'm just... kind of tired of fighting, to be honest. Laying down - not necessarily giving up, but just having a good rest - is what my mind is telling me I need."

She paused. 

"My heart's calling me a cowardly defeatist, though."

IC: Minnorak Enforcer

As the others file out of the room, Forger and I await Zero's words. I'm not surprised that she put Forger in charge. He's leadership material, after all. I am a little surprised that she put me in as his second. I'm not a leader, not really. I'm not a strategist, or a planner. Plans rarely work; it was because of a botched plan that I was forced to flee to this island to begin with.

But regardless, Zero has decided I will lead some of us if the group splits. I can cope with this. It'll be a good learning experience, after all. What I'm truly concerned about is what Zero wishes to discuss with us before we go. Recruiting? No, Veteran is handling that. The Ko-Koro mission? Perhaps, but what could she want to tell us that the others weren't allowed to hear.

No, I suspect she wants to discuss some other matter entirely. But I cannot be certain, so I wait. 

IC: Kouyran (Ta-Koro)

"We're not so much believers in the law... just in order, if that makes any sense." Veteran tried to explain as he made his way carefully down the precarious icy steps. "And you're not actually officially recruited... yet. You'll have to meet with the boss and get her approval, and then you'll have to square off against one of our existing members, just to prove to everyone else that you've got what it takes. But I've got confidence in ya, if me word is worth anything..."

He shrugged to himself, stopping at the foot of the steps. "Anything you need to do in the city before we go? We've got quite a walk ahead of us." 

"Whatever gave you the idea that I wanted to stay in the city? This was just killing time before I could get some directions to somewhere much colder than this catastrophe of a normal air temperature. The only thing I need to do is absorb the ice from that Toa's head- I asphyxiated him by encasing his head in ice-, and then I'm good to go. I left the corpse outside that inn- it was called The Lavaboarding Rahi, or something like that, I think."

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

"I suspect that in this heat the ice would have melted by now, but if you feel it's necessary to cover your tracks, mate, it's fine by me. But you can do that yourself. I'll not have any part in coverin' up a murder, got it? It aint nothing personal, but my job kind of hinges on me not getting arrested, so... yeah..." 

He paused, "You left the corpse outside the inn? Wouldn't someone have noticed it by now?"