BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Xxeth 

"Ah come now, two Vortixx like yourselves can do better than this." He goaded, he knew two things about beings with the parakuka. One, they were easily angered, and two, if you could outlast them they would tire out and become absolutely helpless. All he had to do was wait it out. 

IC: The Toa Shaydas.

Letting her shield falter and fall, Chavara took a deep, shaky breath. While she was now trapped in the earth shell, she was also safe from attack. She could rest and let her strength return to her... or not. She knew she couldn't give up now. She was leader of this team, and she had a responsibility to Onic, Panyk, and to Makuta himself, to lead that team to victory. She couldn't give in now.

She stabbed her sword into the ground at her feet, channeling pure heat into the icy stone. Already weakened by the earlier earth tremors, the damaged rock soon gave way, plunging Chavara down into the level below. She landed badly, almost twisting one of her ankles, but quickly recovered. She had the advantage of surprise now. The shield that had trapped her was still intact; there was no way the enemy could tell for certain what she had done. 

Panyk had known his game of chicken against the two skakdi was going to end with vision blasts, and had concocted a surprisingly clever, yet stupidly simple plan to deal with it. As soon as the skakdi's eyes began to glow, Panyk shoved Onic out of the way, using his Kualsi to teleport himself out of harm's way as well. He reappeared a moment later behind the heat vision skakdi, who was the easier target, since he would be temporarily blinded by his vision power. 

Putting all of his weight forward on his uninjured foot, Panyk swung a brutal, scything blow at the back of the skakdi's head with his mace.

Onic meanwhile, had been taken entirely by surprise. Not by the skakdi vision attack; that had been a blindingly obvious strategy. No, what had surprised him was Panyk coming to his aid. He didn't let it get to him, though. He saw Panyk attack the heat vision skakdi, and used his earth powers to try to trip over the other surviving skakdi. If their focus was broken ,they couldn't use their elemental powers or coordinate their attacks. 

At least, that was the theory anyway. 

OOC: This fight has been fun, but I think it's time to end it. Also re: Chavara, I thought we had established that the floor was earth, not stone, all the way down to the next level. Hence Onic has been able to control it.

IC: Panyk's mace struck the Skakdi of gravity like a thunderbolt, smashing into his head. On of the mace's spikes drove into his skull and remained wedged there. The guards's body twitched a final time and then stilled, still hanging off the mace by the back of its head.

The Skakdi of ice was tripped, and stumbled headlong right towards Onic.

The two Vortixx too Xxeth's taunt as a challenge, leaping high in the air towards the toa of air and stabbing downward with their staffs. One, however, was caught in mid-air by Kitano as he teleported in from the other side of the courtyard where he had killed the Toa of lightning. The Vortixx swiped angrily at him with his elbow, throwing the toa of crystal back to the ground, but not before he had managed to affix a small piece of crystal to the guard's neck armour. Even as he lay there, the diamond grew around the Vortixx's throat to form a crystal collar. The guard clawed it in an attempt to pull it off, but could not gain purchase on the smooth crystal surface. With his great strength, he might have been able to shatter it with a strong punch, but he was smart enough to realise that doing so would also break his own neck in the process. The ring contracted, growing spikes inwards to piece the guard's throat, and that was the end of it.

Below, Karemo was done absorbing all of the metal locks on cells that had them. That left only the last room in the prison's underground level - the room mad eof stone and crystal that housed the beings whose powers necessitated different materials for their cells. There were only a few cells in here, but it would require much more effort to break them open. 

ppg2.png

IC: Revekk (Citadel)

This was ridiculous!

I wasn't doing anything, and I wasn't accomplishing anything of note. The most I'd been able to do was hurt my shoulder on the barricade trying to ram through it.

Again, I found myself wondering what I should do, looking through the many monologues father had droned out with no regard for whether or not I was actively listening.

There was no getting around the fact that I had failed, but he'd had something to say about that eventuality as well.

Failure should not be terminal. If it happened, and you were not strong enough to stop it, you should move on and lend a hand somewhere else. A Toa who did nothing was even worse than a Toa who tried and failed.

I couldn't pursue the Nightfall, but I could go into the city proper, to help evacuate or make a hasty stand against some of the attackers.

I sighed as I gathered my weapons, drew my sword and ran into the city proper.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Verulas had earned an unfotunate reputation among the bandits after rejecting the shiv, and it reared its ugly head during his next fight.

His captors returned from a botched raid against a nearby village, losing half their numbers and coming back wanting blood. He was dragged from the pit yet again, this time with both a Fa- and Ba-Matoran as well. As usual, it was every Matoran for himself.

Unfortunately, both of his opponents came at him.

He stayed down for a while after the savage beating he took, pretending that he was dead and saving his energy as his two foes turned on each other. Blood stained his forehead, his fingers wrapping around a thick, sharp branch that had broken off from a nearby tree as he waited for the moment to strike.

Eventually, the Ba-Matoran gained the upper hand, wrestling the Fa-Matoran to the ground before trying to beat him to death.

Verulas rushed them, puncturing the Ba-Matoran's skull like a melon before thrusting the stick into the Fa-Matoran's eye socket.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Ah, true. Sorry, I was jet-lagged when I wrote that. Besides, I've always found the two elements to be more or less the same thing, which means I have a bad tendency to use the words interchangeably. I mean, earth does contain stone, does it not? 

IC: The Toa Shaydas

Chavara was halfway up the ramp when she saw the others had nearly finished their fights. Kneeling, she balanced her sword on the edge of the earthen ramp and angled it upwards, like a sniper taking aim with their rifle. Once she had her sword pointed at her target, she concentrated on channeling a final, powerful burst of her dwindling firepower into the blade, unleashing a searing stream of heat and flame right towards the stone Toa. 

Panyk chuckled as the dying skakdi spasmed, blood gurgling from his mouth as his limbs flopped and flailed uncontrollably. With a grunt, he managed to rip his weapon free - partially breaking open the skakdi's skull in the process - and let the corpse fall to the ground. 

Onic caught the stumbling skakdi as it approached him, shoving him upright. Then, activating his mask of strength once more, he brought both of his fists together, intending to crush the skakdi's surprised head between them. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Not in the BIONICLE universe it doesn't. The two are very separate elements, with neither being able to control the other, and neither getting sand, which is the boundary between the two for particle size.

IC: The Toa of stone, occupied by filling the interior of his trap with stone spike, never saw Chavara's flames coming. Like wise, the Skakdi of ice was similarly helpless before Onic's massive strength. Both died quickly.

That left only three guards left alive of the original then: the Vortixx attacking Xxeth, the matoran he had shot in the leg with his crossbow, and the last matoran guardsman, who turned and ran, heading for the twisted gates that Xxeth had broken on his way in.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

IC: Xxeth

The moment the Vortixx leaped, Xxeth was already barringly to the left to avoid becoming a shish kabob. To Xxeth's delight the the other Vortixx was dispatched by the Toa of Crystal, in fact the only real threat left was the one remaining Vortixx, the two matoran were of no consequence, they were either wounded or fleeing. 

"It's over Vortixx, you're all that's left. I'd give you the option to surrender but...to be honest we'll probably kill you no matter what you do." He could at least let the Vortixx die in battle if nothing else, it was more fun that way anyway. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Chavara smiled as the stone Toa fell to the ground, a scorched hole burnt through his back and out through his chest. Her only regret was that she couldn't see the expression on his face. She could only imagine it, and even her imagining was pretty funny. 

Onic flicked blood and mushy stuff off his hands, pulling a scrap of something off his glass eye and tossing it to the ground. 

Panyk saw the Matoran trying to flee and caught him gravity, before doing the same to the wounded guard. He caused their own gravity to pull them towards each other, the force of the collision knocking them both out. He left them both into a corner; someone else could deal with them later. 

"Well, that was fun." Chavara said sarcastically, sheathing her sword as she approached the other two Dark Toa. Her injured arm hung limply by her side, and her normally pristine armour was dented and broken in places. Apart from that, though, she seemed to be fine. 

"It isn't quite over, though." Panyk said, pointing towards Xxeth, who was facing off agaisnt the last Vortixx.

"Shall we intervene?" Onic asked.

"No," Chavara said calmly, "our work here is done. Let's go." As one, the three Dark Toa began to walk towards the exit.  

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Verulas' last fight was with the Ta-Matoran, but by then he was used to the killing and the death around him. He was overconfident, his actions rash, and his time in the pit had a clear impact on his sanity.

But most importantly, he was easy to read.

The Bo-Matoran owned the fight, even when the same bandit from before tossed in a blade, this time for his opponent. Before he could even grab it, however, Verulas had caved in his face with a large rock and continued to beat him with it long after he was dead.

Karma and irony had woven his demise perfectly.

Eventually the Bo-Matoran was thrown back into his prison, picking himself up after the hard landing and waiting for nightfall before brandishing the shiv he had taken when no one was looking. The Ga-Matoran, being the only other being down there with him, gasped at its sight as she momentarily backed away.

It was about time for some revenge.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Ic:

Upon arriving at the gates, Kakrant saw a complete onslaught of the village.

"What the **** is going on here?!" He shouted, hoping someone would pay attention to him. He drew his gun ready for anyone who was unlucky enough to pick a fight with him.

OOC: Any Legacy/Brotherhood/Unaffiliated people on the bad guys side wish to say anything to Kakrant (Open to interaction from the bad guys).

Edited by GSR
Don't bypass the filter. Thanks!

IC: (Rakona)

The air was cold, and her Brothers were around her. Rakona, her shoulder throbbing, raised the whip, and smiled. The Brothers of Ak'rei'an (Minus Larikon and Jaaku) gathered behind her, the blown open gate of Ko-Koro beckoned her. She knew what she had to do, break resistance inside the city, and retain as many citizens inside its walls as possible.  It would be fast, and it would be brutal. They would not have mercy. As marshal for the battle, it would be her honor to enter the heathen city.

Around her, the field was littered with the dead and wounded, monuments to the heathens' doubting of Ak'rei'an's power. It inspired her mind, sent fire into her soul. It was their time, she thought, their time to make an impression, to make the blood run in the streets. She turned to her fellows,

"My brothers, we have for us a chance to do what none of our forebears have done, to enter a city of the heathens and make it our own. The Grandmaster was wounded by their foul, cowardly behavior. While Ak'rei'an shall guide him unto health, we shall do the task he lead us here to finish, the CONQUEST OF KO-KORO! Make the Archangel proud of us, my kin. Keep the heathens cowering in their homes, and kill those who oppose us! March forth, and you shall find warmth, and find riches from the decadence of the heathens! FORTH"

She raised the whip, and stormed down, Goran was next to her, and Thentyle, Weiss, and Zekev covered her flanks. Larikon stepped off Lutrez, and sat to watch, a sorrowful look in his eyes.

IC: (Goran)

Kakrant's ears heard the words "Doom!" as the Brotherhood rushed down at him.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: The last Vortixx looked uncertain for a moment, as if she had been presented with more than just Xxeth's question. In fact, she looked unsteady on her feet and then toppled to the ground despite nobody having touched her. The reason soon became clear. The Parakuka on her back was wriggling around furiously, detaching its hooks and mandibles from her spine as it drank in all of the energy it could. The slug had been bonded to a defender of justice for much of its life, and she had attempted to instill a conscience, but in this situation, the parakuka's nature overcame it. This wasn't worth sacrificing both of their lives in a hopeless situation, and if one had to die, it was always the host. With a horrible splintering, sucking sound, the creature tore its mouth off the Vortixx's spine and squirmed off the withered husk it had left behind.

"A true son of Makuta in the end then" Kitano commented as he moved around the bodies of the unconscious guards. "They may be bent away for a time, but ever their nature remains selfish and treacherous."

His thoughts were interrupted by Karemo coming up the ramp that Onic had created, looking exceedingly pleased with himself. "It is done" he told them. "The prisoners are freed. They are running to freedom through the tunnel I dug to get to them, and you have the guards from interfering. Good job on that, it sounded like quite a battle from down there."

The two continued to fill each other in on the details of their parts in the prison break while they exited the broken jail courtyard into the city itself. Karemo used his mask to rise high into the air, surveying the battle from above. It seemed that the village was steadily crumbling, but a being was climbing up the mountain from the east, heading for the village. They might have been another follower of Makuta or a member of the Brotherhood, but he didn't recognise them at this distance. Probably, that meant that they would be an ally of the village, and they needed to be stopped before they could reach it. If they were neither, they needed to be convinced either to join the attackers or go somewhere else.

Signalling down to Kitano to follow him, he flew down the mountain as fast as he could, coming to a quick stop before the toa of iron. A moment later, Kitano appeared in the snow beside him, popping out of thin air.

"Who are you and what is your business in this area?" He asked the toa, a threat clear in his voice.

OOC: That's Forger.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

IC: (Mortem)

Mortem eyed Raaka warily.

"Let me leave in peace, and I shall instruct our forces to keep away from the hospital. That way you can evacuate and we will not come after you. Admit it, the battle is already lost. Your citadel and village are both being secured. Escape while you can. Run! You won't get another chance fools!"

Kathok

Ic:

Seeing as how the people who had gained the upper hand had so lovely opened the gate for him, he thought it would only be courteous to join the battle.

"Heh, this gonna be fun." He said the himself.

Krakant jumped down from the small perch he had been standing on and ran into the midst of battle.

Ooc: still open for interaction.

IC: Barus (Judge)

The Ba-Toa was tired, but he couldn't fall asleep. Perhaps it was the memories of his past experiences with caves that kept him on edge. The images of some of the rituals performed on him tainted his tired mind, not letting get the relief of sleep.

Edited by Isamu

IC: Enforcer.

I am feeling impatient. This is not a normal feeling for me, which had me slightly concerned as well. But I understood why I felt this way. This was our first serious mission as The Outsiders. We needed to get down there and join the fight otherwise we'd ever stand a chance of making a name for ourselves. 

Forger had yet to return, which had me worried. I knew he was likely exhausted from running so far, even with his mask of speed to aid him, but it was unlike him to be so liberal with his time. He should have been back by now. 

I turn to Judge, "Use your Kualsi to find Forger. If you can't locate him within the hour, return back the way you've come. The rest of us will be moving out shortly. We'll meet you somewhere along the way." It's probably nothing to worry about, but I don't take chances. Being wary is what's gotten me this far.

Without even waiting for Judge to depart, I start kicking the others awake. I notice that Champion sits up reluctantly, as if from a pleasant dream. I don't comment. He has many secrets, and none of them are my business. Judge is not asleep. I wonder why this is, but again I do not ask.

Minutes pass as the others slowly prepare themselves. Not slowly, to be honest. They're fast under the circumstances, but still take too long for my liking. 

When everyone is finally prepared, we set off.

"There, that should hold for now," Onic said, pulling his hand away from Chavara's searing-hot injured arm. The two of them had set the broken bone in her arm and splinted it, then combined their powers to create a sort of cast out of hot magma, which Chavara had quickly cooled. 

"Here," Panyk handed over a scrap of cloth he'd looted from a nearby home, "use it as for a sling." His own injuries had already been bound in rough bandages. Because his leg had been burnt with laser vision, the wound had already cauterized, which saved him from Chavara having to do it. 

"Now what do we do?" Onic asked Chavara. He was the planner, but she was the leader. He trusted her word. 

"I was thinking we retire for the day. There's no way we can get through another straight-up fight, so we can't take on our main target. But then this," she tapped the cast on her arm, "gave me an idea." she smiled. "Follow me. We're heading back out of the village." 

"Where are we going?" Panyk asked. 

"We've got a hospital to destroy." Chavara replied brightly. "Now let's go." 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC Forger

"Who are you and what is your business in this area?"

The jet black Toa spoke with open hostility, secure enough in his position to feel no threat. I did not respond immediately, analyzing the two instead. Both were pitch dark, with smell sparkles like gems dotting their armor. The were in stark contrast to the pale environment. The one that had spoke was shorter than the other, with a brutal presence. He looked to have taken on characteristics of a rahkshi. He carried a warhammer; black as his armor, standing taller than him. His armor and weapon had the telltale signs of a skilled craftsmanship and had been altered. I guessed he was a toa of iron that had done this himself. I did not bother to trace his weapon in my mind.

The other was skeletal, taller than his compatriot and armed with a sword, shield and a Kualsi. Both sword and shield were made of crystal, thin and utilitarian. Crystal was strong and deadly sharp, but brittle. Weapons as such either needed elemental support or repair to maintain. Any powerless brute were merely shatter the equipment, this led me to believe he had crystal powers.

Toxic killing intent filled the air, I needed to respond.

"I am a mercenary. I and several others have come to his region in seek of it's masters." He paused, watching for their reactions. "Whether they be the old or the new."

...but close to it

IC (Karemo and Kitano): "We are the new masters" Karemo spoke firmly. "And if you are truly a mercenary, then you are welcome in Ko-Koro at the present time."

In spite of this statement, neither toa lowered their weapons.

"Though the village is falling, the battle is not yet over. Help us to crust the last of the Santum Guard's resistance, and we will pay you handsomely, with far better than what the refugees of the village will be able to come up with. Be it money, gold and jewels, weapons and technology or knowledge and learning, we have these things.

"Now tell me, where are these others you spoke of?"

ppg2.png

IC Forger

"I left them half a day ago with my mask," he tapped his Kakama. "Approximately forty kio from the village. I am scouting ahead. We planned to contact the Koro's leaders and arrange some sort of contract. If can you offer such riches, that is likely to be with you." He gestured behind him, "they will catch up shortly. We needn't wait."

He extended his hand, "how about we talk about this some place with food and heat?"

...but close to it

IC: Barus (Judge)

The toa gets his orders to use his mask to find Forger. Barus got up and gathered his supplies and headed out. Zipping between locations in his view, he felt energy slowly drain from him, but still not fast enough to slow him down incase a fight occurs. Forger was found talking to some a group of toa.

"What's this?" he asks, zipping next to his comrade.

Edited by Isamu

IC (Karemo and Kitano): "Forty Kio in half a day..." Kitano repeated, running the numbers through his head. "On foot, they shouldn't be too far away, providing they move fairly quickly. Very well..."

The slight pop of teleportation heralded the arrival of another toa, this one of gravity, by the look of his armour. "Another of your mercenaries?" Karemo asked. "Good. Send him back to the others and tell them to come with all possible speed towards the hospital. You - " he indicated Forger " - can talk with us about payment on our way back to the village. Food and warmth must wait until the battle is done and the last of the self-styled heroes have been driven from the place. The better you fight, the sooner that will be."

ppg2.png

IC Forger

It would be easy to let my pride get the better of me, I had to remind myself of our ultimate goal and what was needed to realize it. One small moment, step by step. Months and years could be spent waiting for an opportunity, and opportunities came hidden or wrapped in barbed wire just as often as they came wrapped in gift paper. I looked to Judge, anger was clear in his eyes.

I tried to express my feelings on the matter, that patience and humility was needed for this, I spoke. "Judge. Please report to the others. Tell them Ko-Koro has fallen. I am going to meet with it's new owner and discuss our employment." Judge was good at reading glances and tones, hopefully he could explain this well to the others.

I turned to the the dark Toa. "Lead the way."

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

"Follow us," Chavara ordered, stalking out of the ruined gates of the city. Beside her stood Panyk and Onic, and following them like a pack of rabid animals were half-dozen of the prisoners they had helped free. Two Lesterin, a trio of skakdi, and a big, ugly Vortixx, all of them armed with a motley assortment of weapons, most of it looted from dead or defeated guards. 

"What's the plan?" Onic asked. Normally, he was the one who came up with the plans, but right now, Chavara was calling the shots. She was the one who wanted the mask, and Hakann had told them they needed to destroy something important in order to get it. It was clear that she had the hospital in mind, but her exact intentions were unclear. 

"Kill everyone and destroy their stuff," Panyk answered gruffly, limping along. "Duh." 

Onic ignored the idiot and waited for Chavara to respond. 

"Just you wait and see," she said cryptically. She led their small party up the slope, until they reached an overlook up on the cliff face from which the hospital could be seen. There were several defenders gathered nearby, most standing in or around the hospital. There also seemed to be a few prisoners tied up outside. They didn't concern her.

All Chavara cared about was burning the place to the ground...

IC: Baurs (Judge)

He nodded. Physical cues were easier for him to understand than listening to someone fumble over their words. Barus glanced at the other toa and used his kualsi to start his return back to his group.

When he found them, they started their trek to the Koro. He went up to Enforcer and told him the situation. "Forger has met some toa that claim the Koro has fallen. He's going to speak with its new owner and discuss employment." He tried his best to get his frustration across through his eyes.

I am not convinced. I listen to Judge's words, see his expression. He is frustrated. I imagine Forger feels the same way. We cannot take the word of two Toa that the city has fallen. If the city had already fallen, then they would not need mercenaries. They would have turned us away. Instead, they wanted to discuss employment. 

I smile, an unusual expression for me. "Tell Forger we're heading down to meet him. I will not agree to anything until I see the condition of the city for myself. I suspect these fellows are bluffing. Did they say anything else?"

IC: Judge (Barus)

He scanned his memory.

"I'm not the best at deduction," he admitted, "but I'm assuming they know there's a group of us due to one of them asking if I was a mercenary along with Forger. They want us at the hospital as soon as we can. What do you think?" Barus found the situation intriguing to say the least.

IC Avsa (Tracer)

Tracer looked back and forth at each of her companions before saying "We can't take their word; we have to see for ourselves. However, if koro has fallen, then we should take care. What if the hospital is ambush?" Tracer coughed, not used to talking so much at one time.

IC: Enforcer

The hospital? That answered that question. I consider what Tracer says as well, before responding. 

"They're bluffing," I smile, "the city hasn't fallen. Not yet. The hospital is outside the city, if I recall correctly. That must be where the defenders are holding out. They want us to help with a final push to drive them out." I consider our options while the others look on. "We can't go straight to the hospital now. If the defenders see us approaching with the two Dark Toa, they'll attack on sight and we'll have no choice but to defend ourselves. We'll be playing right into the Toa's hands."

I am surprise. Normally I don't talk this much, but today, it is necessary. As someone who hates planning, who has seen his own plans and those of others fall apart time and time again, I know how to ruin someone else's, which is exactly what I intend to do to these two Dark Toa. 

"We'll go to where they are now, with Forger. If they want to employ us, they'll do it on our terms. If they are bluffing, then they'll regret it."

I turn to Judge. "Lead the way."

I feel that I have used enough words today, so I only say one to the others as Judge begins leading us.

"Follow." 

OOC: Note that Karemo never said that Ko-Koro had fallen, only that it was falling and that the Legacy were its new masters.

IC (Karemo and Kitano): Both toa turned back towards the village, moving over the frozen landscape at a brisk pace with Forger in tow. All of them could have gone much faster by using their masks, but it would take time to explain the situation and secure the loyalty of these mercenaries.

"Ko-Koro is falling" Karemo repeated. "Its gates are breached, its citadel is broken and invaded, criminals run freely through the streets and the civilian population is fleeing. The most intense fighting , and where the defense still hold strongest, seems to be the hospital outside the city walls. This is where we want your help, and that of your company. We can give you a down payment now, but the full amount and the possibility of long-term employment will have to wait until after the fighting has concluded, and you can meet formally with the village's new masters."

As he spoke, Kitano was in action. In one of his hands, he created a pile of sparkling jewels, rubies, sapphires and diamonds, each more perfectly shaped than what any jeweler could cut. In the other, he created three lightstones and coated each in a thin layer of amethyst. They shone with a violet radiance, similar to the purple lightstones prized by the followers of Ak'rei'an. "These aren't very valuable" he explained, but they will be recognised by others. After the battle, you can present these and exchange them for your true payment, or some favour from us that you might desire."

ppg2.png

IC Forger

I held the lightstone, it was perfect. A construction. Analyzed, memorized and "traced" in the same way I used my elemental powers to project weapons. "A forgery." I asked for one. "I will take you up on the favor, have no worries that we will prove ourselves in combat. As for payment. We want weapons, technology. Money is water, it falls through your hands. A fine sword does not."

Ak'rei'an, it was a word that danced on the edges of my consciousness. I was unsure if I had heard it. "Ak'rei'an," it came out badly. An alien tongue. "Can you explain who they are?"

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

"Sounds like a plan," Onic agreed to Chavara's idea. 

"Then let's get started." Panyk growled, hefting his mace and channeling his gravity powers through it.

"Get down there!" Chavara ordered the six convicts, who spread out as they thundered down the slope. "Kill them all!" Once the six were out of earshot, she turned to Onic and Panyk. "You two ready?" 

"Ready for what?" Panyk asked, confused.

"For the real plan." Chavara explained coldly. "That lot are just the distraction. It'll take all three of us to pull off what I have in mind..." 

OOC: Six NPC convicts now attacking the hospital. Three skakdi, two Lesterin and one Vortixx, all lightly armed.

Feel free to kill them as you see fit. 

IC: Verulas recalled climbing up a portion of the wall, using the shiv to cut through the bamboo cage as he made his escape. He realised that he hadn't cut enough out for the Ga-Matoran to follow him up and threw the blade down for her to do so herself while he scouted the area. The bandits had retired for the night, either stowed away in their tents or huddled around the dying fire, but in the end it didn't really matter.

He hoped they were getting a good night's rest, because it would be the last one they'd ever have.
He turned, motioning for the Ga-Matoran to climb up, but what he had seen informed him that she wasn't coming. Blood still trickled across the ground from where she had cut her throat, her last act now that escape was within her grasp being the extinguishing of her own life. He hadn't seen this coming; out of all of the captives, she was the one consoling everyone else and convincing them that they would be okay.
She must have lost faith in her own words.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC (Karemo and Kitano): "Then you are lucky that you came across us," Karemo replied, "for we have weapons the likes of which you could no get anywhere else. We have opened the vault of Makuta, and inside discovered the gifts he left to empower his followers, so that we could take back the island and and make ready for his return."

"My blade, for example," Kitano continued, "contains the power to channel my will in rahi and control their actions. For example: fall". He took out his kanoka blade from its sheath and replaced it with his crystal sword. The jewel in the hilt glowed as he pointed it at an ice bird flying far overhead and gave his command. The bird folded its wings into its body, tilted its nose forward and fell towards, the earth, seeing completely unconcerned about its impending impact and doing nothing to slow itself.

"Fly" he said calmy, and, five bio above the ground, the bird flared its wings and pulled out of the dive, swooping away from them as it skimmed across the icy landscape.

"Serve us well, and you may get some of this technology for yourselves."

ppg2.png

IC: The Champion (Ko-Wahi)

This was interesting. The Koro was falling, and instead of saving the civilians, we might be crushing the last resistance of the defenders. This was a tough decision, because if we help the first we will inevitably become the enemy of the second, and vice versa. But it was likely that the invaders would be ready to pay more. I said nothing, just listened the conversation between Judge and Enforcer. I was thinking of a way to gain maximum profit without really taking sides. "Follow," Enforcer said, and I obeyed. It was still a long way to Ko-Koro.

Half an hour later, I see a large group of people trudging in the snow in the distance. My eye sight is not the best, but this group was rather large, and could be seen from far away rather easily. "Look," I said and gestured towards the distant group. "We should go talk to them"

IC: Dakku (Ko-Wahi)

Our group had been travelling for about thirty minutes. Judging by the position of the sun, we were heading south east, towards Le-Wahi. The sky had cleared, and the sun was shining. Maybe we had hope after all.

Then, some guards who are escorting us prepare their weapons. A group of four people, coming down the snowy slopes. "Who are you?" the guards shouted. "At ease," came the response. I wasn't sure what to do. If they were enemies, they were outnumbered, luckily, but I still felt uneasy. One of the strangers, a dark blue Vortixx, asked who we were, and the guards responded, saying that we were refugees from Ko-Koro. They didn't seem to be enemies, which was a relief.. but I still had my suspicions.

IC: The Champion (Ko-Wahi)

I turned to look at Enforcer. "Refugees. What do we do? Should we let them go, and head to the Koro? Or should we escort them to safety? I don't know about you, but I think they can manage by themselves."

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"We'll ask them what they know of the state of the village, then let them go on their way. As you aid, they can handle themselves." I thought it over for a few more moments before adding, "If their story contradicts what you and Forger were told, then we've got a problem." 

IC: Dakku (Ko-Wahi)

The strangers asked about the condition of the Koro. The leader of the guards, sergeant Puikko, said: "When we left, the main gate had been breached and the Sanctum was in the hands of the enemy, and there was some fighting at the hospital. The Koro is lost, for the most part. Only the Nuju-Marion complex and our barracks are still in our hands, and we have begun evacuating the populace. I also heard that the prison was under attack as well, but I'm not certain if that's true. What else do you want?"

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles