BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Celphrithia, Dravennica, and Shredder - Ko-Koro (Sanctum Steps)

"Not to sound... ungrateful or anything, but... maybe we should go and... find one, then... preferably before I go into shock and die..." Dravennica stated.

Just as the words had began to leave her mouth, an elderly De-Turaga could be seen moving towards the group from not too far away, practically leaning on her staff for support as she continued her approach.

"Excuse me for interupting, but I couldn't help overhearing that there were people in your group in need of medical attention," she said, her partially dulled eyes staring blankly in no particular direction through the slits of her Mask of Healing. "Might I be able to offer you my services?"

IC: Xhalia - Obsidian Outpost

Hearing what sounded like an arguement nearby as she continued trudging through the snow, the Vortixx stopped in her tracks for a moment, catching sight of the numerous figures in the distance (who, in all likelihood, were probably the source of the disturbance) before eventually deciding to proceed towards the cable car station once more.

Since she wasn't exactly one for letting her guard down, however, she readied her trigger fingers, just in case things were about to go south.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC:Erda

Erda stopped and turned, having now dropped her smile.

"From Ko? No, I'm afraid I've never been here before." She said, pulling her cloak around her again.

"And, I'm afraid, no to the cable car as well. Ta's too hot and muggy in my opinion." She gave a slightly apologetic smile and shrug.

"I was more interested in Ko's...how do I...new management?"

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC Zealot

The zealot cringed, curling his fingers around the hold of his dagger, "Interested?!" He questioned "tell me, what do you find interesting? Is it their ability to sack an entire Koro, killing hundreds? Or perhaps it's their ability to ruin lives, is that interesting?"

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC: Veteran - Obsidian Outpost Courtyard.

"Nah, let 'im vent," the Ta-Skakdi urged, "Ko-Koro was his home, after all." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Erda

She raised her hand slightly.

"No, of course not. The entire situation is terrible for all of the wounded party, I'm sure. Death of hundreds is never something to laugh at." She shook her head gently.

"More the successful siege of what is, to the best of my knowledge, a fortress settlement."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC Zealot

"Conquest? Fortress?" He spat "Ko Koro was supposed to be a place of worship and peace. Worship of MATA NUI! Maybe the built the walls so high to keep it that way, did you think of that?" There toa closed the distance to the other, bringing them uncomfortably close "You can twist it however you want with your little PR spin. Make it seem like the sacking of my home and the DESECRATION of the sanctum was less than it was" he was yelling now, gesturing strongly in the direction of Ko Koro. "But if you think you can just leave in peace, after openly supporting the ones who put up a shrine to the Makuta. Put it in the sanctum where I worshipped?!" His voice lowered, but the anger still lingered "Then you ARE a fool."

Edited by Rorschach the Absolute

--Character Profiles--

IC Zealot

"FOLLY!" He shouted. The Ko Toa would have known that the cold obeyed Zealot to. Zealot reached towards the wall, a whole dissipating around his hand. He reached for the other Toa, attempting to pull and slam her in to the icy wall

--Character Profiles--

IC Zealot

The Ko Toa turned to face his ally "You think justice is about changing the past? Tell me 'brother', have you ever feel loss? Have you ever had to sit by and watch as the wicked prosper? Unable to act, and defend the name of Mata Nui?!" He looked now at the intruder, "Today I have a chance to prevent a number in their ranks. One less defiler I will have to kill when Ko Koro is avenged"

--Character Profiles--

"Let's everyone just calm down, okay?" He suggested wearily, "She hasn't done anything worth you killin' her over. Not yet. You kill her when she hasn't done anythin' deservin' of it, then you're just as bad as those who destroyed your home." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

Zero had moved off to the side, and was now surveying the situation and eyeing the newcomer warily. She was in pursuit of order and efficiency for the island, not chaos. Makuta worshippers were distasteful to her, especially those who had invaded Ko-Koro and slaughtered its peaceful inhabitants so brutally.

This particular Toa was hard to get a read on though, even for the intuitive Skakdi. Was she aligned with the forces of darkness, or simply neutral to affairs regarding the Koro's fall?

Whatever the case, Zealot was out of sorts and yelling now, due to the Toa's apparent apathy. Everything the Ko-Toa cared about had been ripped away from him. He was hollow inside now, with only rage to fill the empty void within himself. It was only natural for him to want to kill anyone even remotely affiliated with Makuta.

Kotak and Veteran were attempting to cool him down. Zero empathized with the way Zealot was feeling, however she agreed that they needed answers before any blood was spilled. 

She approached the angry Toa, and placed a hand delicately on Zealot's back. She took a few steps forward to stand at his side, showing that she wasn't against him.

She spoke in a soft, soothing tone, in an attempt to calm his nerves enough so that he would hear her clearly over the hatred that coursed through his body. 

"You are right, Zealot. Those who kill innocents deserve to be put down before they can do more harm."

Her gaze shifted from the somber blue eyes of the Toa of Ice, to the fiery eyes of the traveler. 

"But let's make sure we know who this Toa really is before jumping to conclusions." She was now speaking loud enough so that the woman could decipher her words clearly.

"So tell me, what is your directive? Do you wish to join forces with the likes of those who so forcibly overtook Ko-Koro?"

The Su-Skakdi's crimson orbs stood out like beacons against the white landscape around them, daring the Toa to make the first move, daring her to reveal herself. After all, she had been spying, which could possibly mean that she would report her findings. Zero couldn't just allow her to walk away.

"Because I guarantee that if that is the case, we will not let you slip away so easily."

Edited by Requiem
  • Upvote 1

"Before I answer, may I say that I myself have never killed? It's just...not my thing." She sighed. She placed her hand lightly on her scythe's handle, just in case someone did try to stab her.

"And...in my honest defense, I did not know of the casualties. With that new information..."

"No."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Now it was the Ta-Skakdi's turn to get angry. "How could you've not known about the bloody causalities?" He all but snarled. "Ya think they took over an entire city without anyone puttin' up a fight, without anyone gettin' hurt?" 

Either the stranger was truly, astoundingly stupid, or she thought he was, and Draygon did not appreciate being insulted. "If you've hear about Ko-Koro's fall, then I don't see how ya could possibly not know about the refugees who got gunned down as they ran, the hostages still trapped inside, or the death and destruction that occurred durin' the takeover." 

He shook his head. "I wanted ta give ya the benefit of the doubt, but I'm findin' it real hard to believe that." 

• Upvote 2

IC Zealot

The Toa shot a glare at Kotak. He closed his eyes. He didn't know if it was her understanding or her charm, but Zealot felt inclined to concede. With a heavy sigh, he released his grip and the ice fell to the floor

He at least felt comforted to know that someone was taking his side.

He thanked mata Nui for veteran.

--Character Profiles--

She sighed, taking one short step back. "When I said I didn't know of them, I meant I know there were, any battle has them. I just didn't think it was on that scale. I thought more had escaped." She shrugged. "Misinformation."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Kale Ironshaper- Ko-wahi- Koro Gates

IC: "Sen is the name I go by"

IC (Ko-Koro gate guards)

"Sen," the Lesterin repeated for the benefit of the scribe. "All right, in you go. If you really are lookin' for a restaurant, I hear a couple of the Piraka have set up some sort of bar & grill up in the old merchant district. You might wanna watch your step if you decide to check it out.

"Crazy grinners," he muttered under his breath.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC Zealot

"You have yet to answer my question" Zealot said, looking down at the snow

"Are you a liar or a fool?"

He looked now to Zero "Any Toa wise to the ways of conquest," then turned to re new Toa "and aware of the ways of the Makuta [that is destruction], would know that attacking an innocent village would result in the cruel and merciless death of all in sight."

He gestured to the she Toa, looking at Zero "My initial conclusion holds try: fool, or liar"

--Character Profiles--

Well, to put things lightly, things had gone a little sour. One of them, at least, was on the brink of stabbing her or something.

Zealot's question didn't have a lot of options, did it?

Liar, in which case they'd probably conclude she's a Makuta worshipper and stab her.

Fool, in which...they might not, but she didn't like the concept of calling herself a fool.

Erda gave a deep, bothered sigh.

She honestly didn't know how to answer. She decided to clarify her options a little.

"Depends, will somebody try to stab me if I answer 'liar', or do both answers result in some form of injury?"

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC:

Ihu-Koro was a village of outcasts, but even among those with nowhere else to go, he felt amiss. They had welcomed him. Not with open arms. He wouldn’t have expected them to, not knowing who their founders had been. It was miraculous he hadn’t been met at spearpoint. After what he did to the Maasi it would have been what he deserved.

He was glad, though. Ihu-Koro was quiet. Its militia wandered by his home, near the edge of the village, every now and again but they never bothered him. He was left to his own devices, and he knew he would be as long as he stayed quiet. It wasn’t hard to do. He was content to keep to himself, making music and enjoying the sound of his own thoughts. Several months after Makuta fell he had settled in, and in that time he had had only brief interactions with the other villagers.

Even an outcast could recognize the shadow of a demon.

Overdramatic. He reminded himself of that often. The things he had done… Had not been him. He had made his peace with the living, and paid his respects to the dead. What happened had been beyond his control. With the Mark gone, the one responsible had too passed from the world.

Still he kept to himself. They had forgiven him, but he still found it hard to forgive himself. Ihu was perfect, for now. Isolated from the world, just right for the introspection he needed.

Until Ko-Koro fell, and refugees flooded into the village. The Ta-Koro Guardsmen stationed within the village swelled and grew active, bolstering the Highlanders in their duties. The number of people within Ihu’s walls swelled dramatically, and he found himself retreating further into his solitude to avoid being recognized.

It was why Jikal had taken to spending so much time in the Wahi, somewhere between Ihu and the Ta-Ko Cable Car. Sword and intrument crossed on his back, cloak gathered around him for warmth, and the perpetual snow for his company. Sometimes he heard other beings, be they Rahi or people like him, but he rarely crossed their paths. A short distance to his left was the cable car, visible in the distance. In the other direction, the fallen City of Ice.

Many had come bearing arms to retake the village. Once he might have been among them.

Now…

It was not his place.

IC:

“Thanks, mate. Look into it. Don’t freeze out here, will you?” The mercenary gave a half grin, nodding to the Lesterin as he moved through the gate and into the village. ‘Sen’ was just behind him, his only ally in what was now the Muaka’s den.

It wasn’t just the snow giving him chills, as he surveyed the square. What he was seeing just felt wrong.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

She smiled with a shorg chuckle.

"'Twas a joke. That was the point." She grinned briefly.

"I'll say this; I have not lied to any of you. And if I was some Makuta spy, I wouldn't be doing a very good job, would I? I have made my presence known, in the middle of the element of two of you, and haven't done anything to learn anything from you. So, if that does make it clear I am no liar, and that makes me a fool to you, then sure, I am..." She grimaced before continuing. "...a fool. Unless there's something else I counted as."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC 

The dark Toa closed the door behind him and waited, counting each breath by the accompanying cloud of vapour. The cold bit at his skin, even beneath his thick cloak. He would be glad to rid himself of this city. The air itself seemed strange and thick, scraping his lungs with every breath, and the stink of war still hung over the village like a shroud.

IC (Echelon)

Echelon smiled coldly.

"How amusing. Your sort have always liked to laugh at the darkness: it's how you try to hide your fear and anger. I can see through you, Joske. It's unsettling, isn't it, just how much I have managed to accomplish? You thought that with Makuta gone, everything would be sunshine and roses and your people could flourish without fear. I have only just begun to show you all how wrong you were."

He stepped towards Joske, spreading his arms in a theatrical show of vulnerability.

"But this is your chance! Your chance to do what your friend Merror never could: strike me down, and cut off the head of my little insurgency. Your chance to play hero once again. No allies to shield me this time, and no escape route. The same is true of you. It is my chance as well.

"Do you think you can win?"

IC:

I...did I?

Even these days, the answer to that question still evaded me sometimes. I hadn't always been able to respond with emphasis on my trek through the Drifts, and more than once through Po-Wahi and Le-Wahi I had questioned it. I'd even questioned it in the Legend, while the answer was being drilled into my skull by something I still don't entirely understand. It was pretty uncomfortable, that feeling - like, when I felt it, the years would slip away from me and I'd be the same callow Toa fresh off a Kolhii pitch, ready to fight a Toa of Shadow I didn't understand with a crew of more experienced friends that I all giving me cark about my attitude. But then I would remember what happened to that Toa of Shadow, and how close I was to all of those friends now. I'd remember Agni, with his gruff wisdom and rare, proud smiles. I'd remember Cael, the good girl, my girl, with a slender vial of Protodermis around her neck and the sofest golden eyes in the world. I thought of Tuara, the bad girl, Dor's dirl, wearing her assassin boyfriend on her hip like a dagger.

Then I thought of that assassin. More specifically, his smile, and the lazy way he bragged about the way Echelon's head spiraled down the floor of the Mark Bearer temple. I thought of Utu pummeling Echelon like he would a bee he found on his shoulder, right outside Kini-Nui; it was what made me see potential in Utu from the jump. I thought of all the times I'd seen or heard of Echelon defeated, or nearly defeated - and that was when he had numbers at his back. If I couldn't defeat him with just as little...then what good was I as a hero after all?

"Yeah," I said, starting to let my fingers stray to the hilt of my keyblade, "yeah. I know I can."

"That is truly interesting." The Dark Toa let his arms fall to his sides, loose and unconcerned. "I don't think you believe that. You're used to coming out on top. Drawing strength from your friends."

"You're just as alone here as I am, Joske Nimil. No friends to save you." Then an insidious whisper in the back of the Ta-Toa's own head, unbidden.

If you think you can do it, why couldn't your betters?

What the...?

This was new. And something I hadn't expected. I'd noticed Echelon had traded in his distinct Tryna for a newer, fuller mask, but...what was that? That...whisper? What had he tapped into?

The Vault.

He could enter the freaking Vault.

Would that matter a lot during the duel we could both feel crackling in the air between us? Maybe as much as the--

WAIT.

I couldn't think about any of my advantages. I couldn't think about the...the stuff that I'd worked on since my friends and I last fought the Legacy. If Echelon was in my head, he would learn it too, and put that big (stinky!) brain of his to use. (Suck on that, necromancer!) I had to be subtle - and learn to keep my secrets, even from myself, better than ever. Another thing they'd taught me in the--

--the place.

"Just because I don't have any friends out here doesn't mean they're not with me," I shot back. "I've learned from all my friends. And it's those lessons that are going to be what takes you down, Echelon. For good this time. Some of them might even thank me."

"I'm sure they would." Echelon replied, the vaguest hints of a smirk crossing his face. "If it happened. You know what I've done. I'm sure you wonder what I found, and what it might mean. I feel you trying very hard to hide things from me."

"I suppose I'll have to find them out for myself, won't I? We'll find out whether your lessons are a match for true ability."

Quietly a tendril of influence began to slip into Joske's mind. Echelon's smirk widened.

"Orrrr we won't."

I couldn't let him stand here and screw with me. When in doubt, you make the first strike. If you're fast and you're smart, you can be on them and around them, even when they know your gameplan. I don't have to outfox you to beat you. Old Kolhii idioms like that flew through my head like bullets as I drew my sword.

"There's all kinds of abilities in the world. I have more faith in them than you have faith in...anything, Dark Toa. Banzai."

I drew my sword and, using my Kakama like I never had before, sprinted hard to Echelon's left, hoping the end of the flamberge would catch him.

-Tyler
Edited by Luke Schwarz
  • Upvote 8

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: The Fourth

"What type of attitude should I adopt?"

IC: 'Kinerya'

"Well, there's no reason you can't keep your basic, natural attitude. Just need to modify it a bit. Maybe make yourself a little more callous and indifferent toward things that would normally shock you, like crime or acts of cruelty...be a little ruder than necessary toward strangers, stuff like that." I adjusted the blanket around my shoulders. "Not saying you have to go around kicking puppies or stealing from orphans, there are plenty of mercenaries and the like that wouldn't go that far on their worst day. We just need to do enough to 'fit in'." I looked up toward the sky, as expected it was cloudy, It was difficult to tell how much time had passed without seeing the sun. I needed one of those iStones. 

"Well, it's been what...about four hours? I think it's time for us to head to the gates of karz..." I said as I slowly stood up, looking towards the direction of Ko-koro. "Well, Iniega...Libero...shall we head out?" 

Edited by Leonard Bones McCoy

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:Arankhe

She glanced up as 'Kinerya' suggested they head to Ko's gates. She was tired of sitting in this frozen...whatever you called it anyway. She also stood up, feet about as deep in snow as you'd imagine.

"Indeed. Even if it is, from what I've heard, currently a hive of villainy, at least it'll be out of the wind." She grumbled.

Edited by SnowyAegis

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Kale Ironshaper "Sen"- Ko-koro

IC: They were past the gates and out of earshot, or at least Kale thought they were. Even if they were not his next words would hardly raise suspicion coming from a pair in their "position."

"First step of business would be to find some place to hunker down while we get to know the lay of the land. I figure there should be plenty of empty houses, seeing as this place was recently sacked."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: Welp it's been quite long enough I think, moving forward. 

IC: 'Kinerya' - Arriving at Ko-koro's Gate -

It was a long trek through the snow, even as I kept the wind from battering our faces the harsh cold froze our faces, the snow was sticky and slowed us down, and it didn't matter how many blankets I covered myself with I was cold. Brrr.

But for better or worse we arrived at Ko-koro's gates, and by the time we did we were all more than happy to see it. Don't let anyone tell you Ko-Wahi is a great place for a vacation, they're either liars are they live there. 

I took a long breath, before shouting toward the guards stationed above us, who stared at us with an expected amount of scrutiny. "Hey! You guys up there! You've got a group of mercs who are cold as right now and are looking for work. So why don't you open the gates eh? Did I mention it's cold!?" I said this with as much attitude and ignorance as I could muster, because that's who Kinerya was, she was a bratty who liked to kill for money.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar