BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

Ko-Wahi had never been Krayn's favorite place. He always felt as though he were walking on egg shells whenever he used his power, particularly in the Wastes. A misplaced sound wave threatened destabilization of the snow on the slopes, and he knew of more than one De-Toa that had met their end that way. But walking up to the front gate now, after all that had happened, made it worse. It was no longer just an environmental hazard, it was enemy territory. It pained him to think of a Koro that way, but it was true.

For once, the village was more worrying than the Wastes.

The time spent traveling to the village had been perfect for him to perfect his cover, and make sure both he and Kale knew one another's. It had also given him the time to experiment with his powers, making up for the self-imposed blind spot his covered left eye caused. A low level application of his powers let him have a general detection method, and if it came to a real fight... Well, his cover would be blown already and the eyepatch would be pointless. 

He rehearsed his cover while he and Kale stepped up to the gate. He was Krian; the actual mercenary had gone missing during the assault on Ko-Koro last year, so there was no one to contest the claim. Adopting the bounty hunter's identity was disturbingly easy. After so much time sunk into hunting him, the former Lieutenant found he knew the mercenary's history almost as well as his own. Stepping into his shoes provided a proven reputation, and a name that others might know at a distance. The real man had been reclusive, save for his own team, so Krayn likely knew him better than anyone else outside that group. Liara had explained quite a lot to him during their time in Ga-Koro, so he knew more than enough to pull off the ruse.

Maybe he'd get lucky and deflect some suspicion with the name's reputation.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"It's not so bad," Sylus said, and he meant it. "Better than the alternative, at any rate."

IC:

Rynekk nodded affirmatively at Arankhe; then his brow furrowed momentarily and he added, "You're going in with Monia, correct?"

IC:

"Things like what?" I call after her, turning again so that I may follow her in her ascent, albeit noticeably closer than before. "Lessons in nihilistic despair?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Detrix Obsidian Outpost

"Ah! Many thanks, brother!" Detrix was happy to find another appreciator of alcohol. Detrix looked around more intently this time, he noticed that not everyone seemed to be a 'chuckle head'. He turned back towards Yeri. "Tell me, friend, is this the Outsiders' bar?" Detrix looked down at his hand as he awkwardly twiddled his thumbs.

IC Yeri,

Yeri brought the stein back around "Tis indeed that," he smiled "Now take a swig, and tell me wutchya t'ink"

IC Detrix

Detrix took a swig and shuddered at the beautiful taste. "Oh my. This is wonderful!" The De-Toa guffawed and took another sip. "You, sir, know how to make a toa happy," he said. "Now friend, do you think you could tell me if Zero still runs this joint?" Detrix looked into his glass.

IC Sentinel:

Kotak shrugged, "Some mutated Skakdi wandered in and caused a mess. Then ran out to jump off the break."

IC Zealot

The toa leaned back in minor shock "Sounds like a karz of an ordeal" he took another swig staring for a long while. Finally shaking off his self pity, he turned to the other Ko Toa "so tell me brother, what brings you to the company of Outsiders like me?"

IC Detrix

Detrix took a swig and shuddered at the beautiful taste. "Oh my. This is wonderful!" The De-Toa guffawed and took another sip. "You, sir, know how to make a toa happy," he said. "Now friend, do you think you could tell me if Zero still runs this joint?" Detrix looked into his glass.

IC Yeri

"glad ta hyeer et loddie," he smiled "As fayer as Zero goes, as far as I new she stall runs this place" he said, cleaning the stein "ha'nt seen har in wiyell thoo"

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC:

Puffy orange clouds trailed lazily across the sky, stretched out and elongated as if reaching for the unachievable. The dying sun’s rays bounced off the cliffside as waves crashed rhythmically against the rocks below. The stars were just beginning to sparkle in the east, taunting the inevitability of darkness. Zero shielded her eyes with her palm as she gazed out towards the sparkling waves, eyes resting on no place in particular. She was seemingly lost in thought, transfixed by the tranquility of it all.

"This is what you wanted, isn't it?"

The Su-Skakdi started at the sudden voice and whirled around. She relaxed when as her crimson orbs were greeted by the comforting features of Langmuir.

There was something off about his expression, however. He regarded her with a distant look, almost as if he wanted to look away, maybe even run away, but couldn't help but stand and stare. She had never known him to hold so much pain in his eyes.

She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out.

"Restore balance at any cost?" There was anger in his voice now. "This was not what I had planned for us." His voice trembled as he spoke. He began to back away slowly, as if he were conversing with a monster that would likely lurch out and kill him at any moment.

That's when Zero noticed that the waters below them were riddled with floating corpses. Familiar faces stared back up at her, cold and lifeless. Nialus, Avsa, Barus... every being that had once served under her could be seen, drifting aimlessly atop the waves.

She screamed but no sound escaped her lips. Her audio receptors began to ring, louder and louder by the second until it was nearly unbearable.

Another voice echoed from behind her, now distant and obscured by the noise. "What have you done?! No... NO!" She turned to see Minnorak cradling the broken body of Draygon in his arms. The very look on his face wracked her frame with a choked sob.

"How could you...?"

He stood, tears in his eyes. Slowly, he raised his plasma rifle, training it at her head.

She turned to look at Langmuir as fear and dread began to claw at her chest, but his back was turned to her. Nevertheless, her eyes pleaded with them both, begging for mercy, for forgiveness. Hot tears streamed down her face.

Forger’s voice was cold as steel.

“Put her down.”

Finally, she found her voice.

“No, please!” she screamed. “I’m sorry… I’m sor-”

BAM!

The bolt of superheated gas made direct contact with her forehead. Her body crumpled over the edge of the cliff and plunged towards the icy waters below…

Zero sat bolt upright, clawing at the bedsheets and gasping for breath. A layer of cold sweat clung to her body, chilling her as a frigid breeze blew through the open bedroom window. The shutters swung back and forth, seemingly blown open by the powerful wind outside. She got up and shut them hastily. She then leaned against the wall with both hands, her breath rigid and visible in the air as it escaped her nostrils. Her mind was still reeling from the nightmare, and she was trembling uncontrollably.

What was that all about...?

Usually her dreams weren’t so vivid and disturbing. It was hard not to view this one as a bad omen of sorts, due to the fact that it had been a compilation of all her worst fears brought to life in a single dream. The Su-Skakdi slowly sunk down to her knees, letting her head fall to rest in her open hands.

I can’t let myself fail… I have to be strong, and not get caught up on losing them.. As long as I stay focused and on track, nothing can go wrong. I have to be the leader that they need me to be.

She dug her claws into her scalp, forcing herself back to full awareness.

Caution. Yes, that’s it. Take caution, in every endeavor. The safety of this organization comes first. I need to protect these lost souls, like a mother to her children. There’s simply no room for carelessness.

She stood abruptly, rubbing her face repeatedly to be rid of any remaining drowsiness. She peered at herself in the mirror through her fingers.

“C’mon, pull yourself together girl.”

She eyed her knives where they lay on the table, arranged in neat rows from largest to smallest. She approached them hesitantly, choosing a medium-length throwing knife. She tested the blade against her skin before twirling it around and whipping it directly at the wooden target that hung mounted on the far wall.

Thunk!

She went back to reviewing her other weapons. She strapped several onto her form, one by one, and donned some additional armor before heading out the door and locking it behind her. Several voices seemed to be coming from the bar/dining hall. She followed the sound, shaking off any distracting thoughts from her mind and ignoring the negative emotions that the nightmare had left behind as she made her way down the stairs.

Meanwhile, back in her room, her knife still lay quivering in the exact center of the target: a perfect bullseye.

OOC: And at long last, the queen bee has returned.

Edited by Requiem
  • Upvote 5

IC Sentinel:

Kotak shrugged, "Some mutated Skakdi wandered in and caused a mess. Then ran out to jump off the break."

IC Zealot

The toa leaned back in minor shock "Sounds like a karz of an ordeal" he took another swig staring for a long while. Finally shaking off his self pity, he turned to the other Ko Toa "so tell me brother, what brings you to the company of Outsiders like me?"

IC Detrix

IC Yeri

"glad ta hyeer et loddie," he smiled "As fayer as Zero goes, as far as I new she stall runs this place" he said, cleaning the stein "ha'nt seen har in wiyell thoo"

IC Detrix

"Well, I hope to see her soon. It's been a while. Hey, actually, I think I need to get back into my senses. I need to be on the top of my game, right?" Detrix slapped his hand on the counter. "I'm too sober right now, my dear bar-tender! Hit me up with some real strong stuff!" Detrix's voice boomed with a loud laugh.

• Upvote 1

Kale Ironshaper- Ko-wahi- Koro Gates

IC: A frozen breath was expelled from the Metal Toa's lungs as he paused before the gates of the semi-recently conquered koro of Ice. The plans had been made and were now in motion, it was time to see if their disguises and the pair's relative anonymity would hold up.

A quick glance to the Toa of Sound extended the silence a moment longer before Kale called out.

"Ahoy the gates! A pair o' mercenaries here to see if there is any money to be made!"

IC:

IC (Ko-Koro Gate Guards)

The guards were an unsavoury-looking bunch (but that was hardly a surprise given Ko-Koro's current status), all equipped with weapons, Patero, and grim expressions. Their captain, a Lesterin, answered Kale's hail as the two 'mercenaries' approached.

"There's always money to be made under the...heh...new administration!"

A nearby Skakdi grinned at this (also unsurprising).

"Mercs, you say?" the Lesterin continued. "Done a fair bit of freelancing meself. What's your kind o' work, then? Bounty hunting? Private armies? Assassination?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Isaer

Isaer contemplated many things. At the end of it all, the best option might have been to see if those group of mercenaries had room to spare. Now...how was he going to get their attention....

Edited by Agent Epsilon

IC:

"Yep," Sylus agreed, lacing his fingers together behind his head for a pillow and leaning back in his chair. He closed his eyes, a smile creeping onto his face as he allowed himself a moment of solace.

Solace got boring after a while.

His eyes opened lazily, and he turned his head to look at his companion again.

"So, Sharky," he drawled. "What brings you out to this hive of scum and villainy?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Detrix

"Well, I hope to see her soon. It's been a while. Hey, actually, I think I need to get back into my senses. I need to be on the top of my game, right?" Detrix slapped his hand on the counter. "I'm too sober right now, my dear bar-tender! Hit me up with some real strong stuff!" Detrix's voice boomed with a loud laugh.

IC Yeri

Yeri was practically beaming, "Aye!" He shouted, "Thess is may kiyund of bruth'r!" His vibrant voice filled the room as he uncorked a bottle of scotch with a pop

--Character Profiles--

IC: Detrix

'Brother'

It had been a while since he had been called that. He smiled to himself and laughed. "Well, brother, how much do you bet that I can't chug that bottle," Detrix challenged.

IC Yeri

Yeri's eyes went wide with excitement "Oy!" He exclaimed "If ya drank the whole fbthe bott'l, it's on meh!" He handed the glass container over "but if yeh can't, err yeh throo up enny, yeh buyii drenks ferr e'ryone here"

--Character Profiles--

IC Detrix

"I see..." Detrix weighed his decissions. "Meh, I'll probably be broke by the end of tonight anyways." Detrix grabbed the bottle and started swallowing scotch. It was going well, until the drunken Detrix felt his stomach start to get upset. After what seemed like forever, Detrix swallowed the last drop and slammed the bottle onto the ground. "Hcheu hcheu, guess I win!" The drunken de-Toa then proceed to descend downwards and into the floor with a solid thump.

• Upvote 1

IC (Agni):

Nobody had moved. Light snow fell quietly around the few of us that had stayed right by Utu's side until the very end. It muffled what few sounds I could hear and I suddenly felt removed from the scene. Just a spectator; a ghost looking over the shoulder of others as events unfold but not personally present in the moment.

I've seen my fair share of death in my time. People on this island die every other day, either by the sword, tooth or claw, unhappy accidents or upsetting higher powers. All very fast, almost instant and often messy fates.

What I wasn't used to were people slipping away quietly. One moment Utu had been breathing, the next he just wasn't. 

And then, somewhere within, I found a new respect for the dead Toa in front of us. He had done many, many bad things. But he had lived his life by his own terms for the most part. And now he had died by them too. Few can make that claim. 

Eventually, I managed to shake off my feeling of detachment and slowly walked forward, dropping to one knee next to the body of the Toa. I lightly placed two fingers against his throat, feeling for the jugular's pulse but as expected found none. The little body heat left in Utu was rapidly bleeding away into the chill Ko-Wahi air. I slowly stood back up. 

"Rest easy now."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC Sharky

"I live here, prettyboy. I don't personally care for this takeover, I certainly didn' vote for this Echelon chucklehead, he's just another religious nutcase s'far as I'm concerned." He gestured to the chromatically contrasting skakdi. "S'why I'm fond of these two, they seem nice and agnostic. Same reason I don't like those chosen one Maru type people, why should we let some dead spirit mumbo jumbo solve our problems or dictate our lives? It's quite frankly ridiculous. Us people ought ta govern ourselves with mortal consciouses and science too, not outdated spirituality."

E d g y .

Edited by Kaneo Takarada

...but close to it

IC:

Zero walked into the room just in time to see an all-too-familiar Toa of Sound collapse onto the ground. The Outsiders had recently gotten themselves a brewer and bartender of sorts, who didn't seem opposed at all whatsoever to their mercenary work. She hadn't much conversed with the man one on one yet, but Yeri's company was already widely appreciated and enjoyed, at least among the alcoholics. She wasn't sure if he was here simply to make a profit, or if he was looking to say long term. 

She approached the Toa that had passed out on the ground. He was a huge hulk of a man, with powerful arms and a broad chest. He was also almost tall enough to stand eye to eye with Enforcer, which was no small feat. 

She clicked her tongue at the sight of him, but failed to resist a smile. "Didn't even save any for me."

It had been years since she'd seen the man, yet it seemed he hadn't changed a bit. She noticed a large bass guitar leaning against the counter a few feet away. Aside from some wear and tear, and a few new revamps to its body, it was the same old instrument he used to carry around years before. In all honesty she was surprised it had made it this far. 

I also find it surprising that you've made it this far, you ol' drunkard.

She stooped down and gave him a solid pat on the head before stepping over him and stealing his spot at the bar. She would have to wait until he regained consciousness to discover his reasons for showing up out of the blue like this.

"Good day." she said, smiling at Yeri. "I'll have a quick shot of whatever those two are having." She motioned to Kotak and Zealot, who were conversing with one another a few seats to her left, and slid a few widgets across the polished surface towards the tender. 

Edited by Requiem

IC (Ko-Koro Gate Guards)

The guards were an unsavoury-looking bunch (but that was hardly a surprise given Ko-Koro's current status), all equipped with weapons, Patero, and grim expressions. Their captain, a Lesterin, answered Kale's hail as the two 'mercenaries' approached.

"There's always money to be made under the...heh...new administration!"

A nearby Skakdi grinned at this (also unsurprising).

"Mercs, you say?" the Lesterin continued. "Done a fair bit of freelancing meself. What's your kind o' work, then? Bounty hunting? Private armies? Assassination?"

Kale Ironshaper- Ko-wahi- Koro Gates

IC: "Bit o' this bit o' that." Kale called back. "Spent a while on a ship liberating fat merchants of their goods. Decided to try my hand on solid ground after our ship sunk off the coast of Ta-wahi. Been guarding some o' those same merchants with Krian here since the Piraka's attack on Ta-koro."

A smirk slid it's way onto his face at that last statement.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC Sharky

"Well, I'm a retired businessman. I figured this frozen hellhole would give me some reprieve from the cuh-raaazy antics that plague the other wahi." He finished his shake. And I find myself in the midst of some sort-of-shady-maybe idealogues and their soldier of fortune new hires.

"I guess it would've been boring otherwise, I'm the kind of guy that attracts attention and bad happening to myself somehow." His face shifted back into the expression of deeply stalled cognition. "I never could figure out why..."

Edited by Kaneo Takarada

...but close to it

IC Sentinel:

"Chance. And a conversation."

Kotak nodded in turn to the Skakdi, raising his glass as he took another drink of the fruity concoction. A ga-Koro favourite, he'd developed a fond weakness for the sweet drink.

"You must be Zero, right?" He asked with a slight grin. Beyond being his favourite, the unnamed drink also loosened him up a bit, made him less of a stereotypical uptight Ko-Toa.

Edited by Chumpu

IC: Veteran - Obsidian Outpost Bar.

The mere mention of Zero's name awakened something inside of the Ta-Skakdi: raw, primal fear. What would Zero do to him if she caught him sleeping on the job?

He exploded awake, tumbling out of his chair and crashing to the floor.

• Upvote 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

Zero walked into the room just in time to see an all-too-familiar Toa of Sound collapse onto the ground. The Outsiders had recently gotten themselves a brewer and bartender of sorts, who didn't seem opposed at all whatsoever to their mercenary work. She hadn't much conversed with the man one on one yet, but Yeri's company was already widely appreciated and enjoyed, at least among the alcoholics. She wasn't sure if he was here simply to make a profit, or if he was looking to say long term.

She approached the Toa that had passed out on the ground. He was a huge hulk of a man, with powerful arms and a broad chest. He was also almost tall enough to stand eye to eye with Enforcer, which was no small feat.

She clicked her tongue at the sight of him, but failed to resist a smile. "Didn't even save any for me."

It had been years since she'd seen the man, yet it seemed he hadn't changed a bit. She noticed a large bass guitar leaning against the counter a few feet away. Aside from some wear and tear, and a few new revamps to its body, it was the same old instrument he used to carry around years before. In all honesty she was surprised it had made it this far.

I also find it surprising that you've made it this far, you ol' drunkard.

She stooped down and gave him a solid pat on the head before stepping over him and stealing his spot at the bar. She would have to wait until he regained consciousness to discover his reasons for showing up out of the blue like this.

"Good day." she said, smiling at Yeri. "I'll have a quick shot of whatever those two are having." She motioned to Kotak and Zealot, who were conversing with one another a few seats to her left, and slid a few widgets across the polished surface towards the tender.

IC Yeri

The Lesterin nodded "Aye, lassie" and went back to pour a shot of Ihu Vodka

IC Zealot

The Ko Toa stood up as Zero approached, tipping his mask politely, "Mistress Zero," he greeted "M'lady I'm honored"

--Character Profiles--

IC: 

"Cool." I glanced at the rest of our group, counting each head to make sure I had the number right. Five, including myself. I turned back to Four...or Iniega rather. I had to start using their aliases to make sure I didn't slip up once we arrived in the city. "How about you accompany us into the city Iniega? Since we have an odd number of people one of our groups has to have three, can't be helped." I glanced at Arankhe and Monia, out of everyone I knew they the least, since they were pretty much fresh recruits, though they seemed to be getting along well together. Assuming Rynekk's...Libero's assumption was correct they were already planning on going into the city together.

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Veteran - Obsidian Outpost Bar.

"Just me hittin' the floor," he groaned as he got up. Thanks to the howling wind, thick stone walls, the bar's location deep inside the outpost, and his own hangover, he hadn't heard anything. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

"You must be Zero, right?"

Zero gave the unfamiliar Ko-Toa that had spoken a once over. Something about his appearance stirred a faint memory in the back of her mind, but she couldn't put her finger on what it was. "Yes, that is I. I don't believe I've seen you around before."

In all truth, the Su-Skakdi had gone to Ta-Koro for a few days and had just returned the night before. She had not yet received a status report from Veteran, so she had no clue what had gone on while she was away. She assumed the man was a new recruit.

A loud thump caused the Su-Skakdi to avert her attention to Veteran, who had seemingly been startled out of his chair. She raised an eyebrow and chuckled lightly as he picked himself back up.

It was then that the second Ko-Toa at the bar greeted her warmly. She was quite fond of Zealot already, as he was without a doubt the most gentlemanly Outsider yet.

"Mistress Zero," he addressed politely, "M'lady I'm honored."

She smiled and gave him a quick bow of her head. "The honor is all mine, Zealot."

IC: Kain (NPC)

A loud bang caused the Ta-Matoran to nearly jump out of his seat at the toll booth. He growled and stepped out into the snow.

A Toa with dark blue armor was standing about fifty paces away, steaming Patero launcher in hand. 

"What in Mata Nui's name is going on out here?!" Kain yelled over the wind. He didn't venture out into the snow further, however, for fear that the Toa would make him his next target. The corner of the outpost wall was just a few feet away from him though, and could easily be used for cover if the Toa decided to fire at him. 

"Are you looking to cross the break?! If so you could just ring the bell for service rather than blowing a hole through the wall!"

IC Detrix

The hulking De-Toa rolled over onto his front, coming to his senses. He then attempted to get up, but found that he was still in a drunken state. "Good," he said to himself. He stumbled to his feet with the help of a bar stool. He was surprised to see that the stool was occupied, wasn't that his seat? His eyes followed the pair of legs to the head of the body. There was a su-skakdi sitting there. Detrix gasped. "Zero! Is that you?" Detrix found it somewhat easier to regain his footing, but he still leaned on the bar and angled himself so he could look at Zero. "Aw, sister, you have aged like a fine wine! I think that's a compliment, I could never afford wine myself," the drunken Toa said, slurring even his giggle.

• Upvote 2

IC Zealot

The Ko Toa bowed in respect of his leader, she had given him purpose when all he had was lost in flames.

The De Toa rose from his victorious challenge and also greeted the skakdi. Zealot stood out of respect for his leader, I respect that had never been earned during his tenure with the Ko Koro guard.

• Upvote 1

--Character Profiles--