BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Khil'rayu

"You, Matoran," I spit, "Have no right to speak." 

I nod. "My Antidermis came from Zaktan. The Brotherhood is a group of idiots running around with swords trying to take themselves seriously, and Echelon has been somewhat caught up in a meeting with the Brotherhood's leader today."

VBWj75sh.png

IC: (Mortem/Ko-Koro)

I smile at the late lesterin's corpse, soon turned to dust by Khil'rayu's Gift, although I am somewhat annoyed that I did not get time to try my hand at a more creative means of execution. Moments later, I notice that the Cy-Skakdi's actions have warranted the attention of one of the barbaric Piraka.

I cut in: "Yes, I too received the Gift from one of your...associates, and however much our beliefs may differ, I am grateful of your deliverance of the Dark One's boon."

Kathok

IC: Utu Kotore

In between the dark hours of the night and the rising of the sun, I did not sleep.

My eyes were wide open all night, just watching the wall of the cave slowly change shades of white-blue as the light in the night sky rose and fell. Now I wanted nothing more than to rest. But now with the hustle and bustle from the others, I figured it was time for me to get up.

I turned and pushed myself up. I felt dead. There was a weakness in my arms and my legs that wouldn't go away. As I reached my full height, I actually realized that this weakness was all over me. Even my eye-lids felt the same way.

I shook my head as I stepped past Cael and made my way to the door to the outside world.

While I lay awake all last night, I had some serious time to think about a number of things, but mostly about what was next. There was nothing here for me.

"I want to go to Tu-Koro," I said gruffly to those at the door, "I want to see my home."

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

-IC:-

Another of Zaktan's subjects, enslaved by the mere prospect of true power; an expendable piece in our emerald emperor's disingenuous and beguiling game. Perhaps there is some use I can coerce out of his delusion; if not, I shall happily resign myself to watching the gloriously descending spiral of the coming days. Trusting Zaktan's leadership is consigning oneself to destruction; the deluded pandemonium of pawns and infantry, nothing more.

Are you a servant of the great Makuta, a supplicant of the shadowed void? Or perhaps a mercenary, impelled into this city by survival and transfixed by the concept of self...” My words contain a hint of tedium in their tranquil, suave politicisation, the true activities of my mind shrouded with the faux fatigue.

pNNgXax.jpg

How DARE he question my allegiance?! How DARE he doubt my devotion to Him?

I spit on the ground. "The mercenaries here are idiots, nothing more than sacks of dumb flesh with weapons in their hands and greed in their eyes. I am more than that. I follow the darkness."

Edited by Miras: Makuta of Awesome

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Varan - Ko-Koro Gates

Varan kept up his pace towards the entrance, not knowing what else to say. This woman was obviously a thief of some sorts - well, perhaps not technically a thief. He'd only see her loot a dead body so far. Which was gross either way.

Then again, he wasn't perfect either.

The Toa crossed his arms as the memory surfaced, wanting to blot it out, but also needing it as reassurance. After all, it wasn't... on purpose. He hadn't done it intentionally. He hadn't tried to...

Ugh. He hated flashbacks. He wasn't that kind of person.

Quietly stepping through the gates, Varan continued into Ko-Koro, not bothering to see if Arcturia was still following.

How DARE he question my allegiance?! How DARE he doubt my devotion to Him?

I spit on the ground. "The mercenaries here are idiots, nothing more than sacks of dumb flesh with weapons in their hands and greed in their eyes. I am more than that. I follow the darkness."

IC Kotak:

His stare was if possible, more icy and deadly than before, and a cold wind made his cloak flutter slightly.

"Would you care to repeat that."

He could hardly call himself a real Mercenary at this point in his life, but he would not stand idly while being insulted.

IC: You escape an empire. You eat a leviathan. You fight off a bounty hunter. You attack a village, fight a few heroes, and then you break into the biggest cache of busted items this side of the universe.

But you take one village and everyone loses their minds.

The Makuta-worshipers made a temple. The Koros pooped their pants. And I'm pretty sure Thok and Avak just built a store and tied the knot.

Something is wrong with this picture, and I'm pretty sure it's not Avak smooching a woman.

See, this is nothing new. You conquer a place. You strut around in it. You sit around in it. You get a setup there, maybe you start thinking about your next. You draw off everything it has to offer, enjoy the finest morsels of life, et cetera. Things look good.

They are. Then someone else comes in and takes the place. And presto, it's gone and so are you.

By staying in that place, by just sucking out what it's got and coming back for more, you're attaching yourself to it. You give your enemies something to sever. That's why the refugees have their unmentionables in knots, that's why the Koros are afraid of the big, bad evil: they are what they live in. Their nests allow them comfort so that they can get fat and waste their miserable lives whining about economics and imaginary villains. Decadence, stagnation is to a vulture as shelter is to a fresh carcass. Seeing nothing but a vulture will make you a vulture, too, and then you'll be content to eat whatever scraps the big cat left behind. You won't know what to do when the big cat decides to eat it all.

Settling kills a man. He's a shark, you know, one of the ones that needs to keep ramming water through its gills; stop moving, stop living.

And you know how sharks live.

• Upvote 3

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Verulas - Obsidian Outpost (Courtyard)

Peering out from the small hole he had made in front of his eyes, the Bo-Toa watched on as the mist disappeared, giving him a visual on his opponent as she stood near the hastily constructed, flaming wooden dummy. The Skakdi moved towards his previous position by the hay bales, completely oblivious to the drops of blood obscured by the fading cloud of green water vapor as she headed in the opposite direction of his actual location.

Had this not been a trial, she would've just set herself up to be killed.

Stringing the poisoned arrow and quickly emerging from the snowbank, Verulas fired it at the shoulder of her uninjured arm before tossing the weapon aside and following it up by throwing two of his knives her way, also poisoned.

It it hadn't been previously clear to everyone else around him that he wasn't one to play fair, it was now.

IC: Tracer

... Wow

She had made a really amateurish mistake.

Just, she just...

The only explanation that she had for this was that she had somehow grabbed the idiot ball and scored a touchdown with it.

Three projectiles slammed into her right side as she saw Verulas emerge from his snowbank. Feeling the pain shoot up her right arm - now both her arms had been disabled to a degree - she realized what had happened.

She had lost.

But there was still one thing she could do.

Girrping her parang with both hands as to ease the load on both her injured arms, she rushed Verulas and attempted a two-handed diagonal cut.

It probably wouldn't work, but then again, she was already in a bottomless pit anyway.

• Upvote 1

I sense the edge in Kotak's voice - I would have to be deaf to miss it - and say: "You are a mercenary, Kotak? Well you then are an exception - you have at least shown basic intelligence so far."

Coming from me, this was the equivalent of a medal...but it was necessary...Kotak may not follow the Dark One, but peace in this koro must be kept between us all for the Followers to thrive. For a time, at least. For a time.

Kathok

Verulas knew that his injured leg wasn't going to allow him to effectively dodge the strike, and was thus left with only one other option.

He was going to have to deal with it directly.

Removing the sword from his belt, he deflected the strike with the flat of his weapon, using his left hand to apply some additional leverage in order to push the machete off to the side. Spinning the hilt between his fingers and into his signature back-handed grip as his parry reached the end of it's arc, he brought it back upwards, stopping as its edge came to rest a mere inch away from her throat.

Checkmate.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I sense the edge in Kotak's voice - I would have to be deaf to miss it - and say: "You are a mercenary, Kotak? Well you then are an exception - you have at least shown basic intelligence so far."

Coming from me, this was the equivalent of a medal...but it was necessary...Kotak may not follow the Dark One, but peace in this koro must be kept between us all for the Followers to thrive. For a time, at least. For a time.

IC Kotak: "Was," He corrected. "Not since Mangaia."

IC: Enforcer and Zero - Obsidian Outpost Arena.

I follow Tracer's glance over to Zero. The Su-Skakdi nods. The trial is over. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The Bo-Toa's eyes followed Tracer's gaze all the way up to Zero for a moment, doubling back as soon as he realised that the Su-Skakdi was calling for an end to the fight.

The trial was over. He did it.

He won.

Releasing a sigh of relief only audible to his former opponent, he withdrew his sword, flipping it around between his fingers before sheathing it once more. He then extended his hand as a sign of good faith.

"You fight well," he said, pausing for a moment to catch his breath. "If the trial didn't take place here in Ko-Wahi, you probably would've had me. Oh, and you should also know that the last arrow and those knives had a little "extra flavoring" added to them, so if you suddenly feel the urge to take a nap, that's why."

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC:

Karzing roofs... Always covered in ice, just to let someone who is running to...

Where am I?

Rinnoz sat up with a start. He pulled himself to his feet and looked around. It looked like Ko-Wahi, but um...

Ooh! someone had just come in through that big gate there! Rinnoz scurried over to him, trying to hide his black-clawed hands(which failed).

"Excuse me sir, but where am I currently at?"

OOC: The Rinnoz has ariveded! talking to Varan.

IC: Varan - Ko-Koro

Arcturia had been quiet as ever behind him as she followed. He couldn't see the Toa... but he could feel her. His Mask of Sensory Aptitude was a strange one, certainly - it oftened seemed to have a mind of it's own. That, or he was triggering it unintentionally.

"Excuse me sir, but where am I currently at?"

The voice came from somewhat below him - turning, Varan expected to see a Matoran. What he saw instead was a bit unnerving.

"Uh... you're in Ko-Koro," he replied, trying not to stare at the strange little being. "The Village of Ice. Where else would you be?"

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC Rinnoz

Was this Toa being sarcastic? it was really obvious of the general location, yet no specifications. Snow, ice, icy Karzed roofs - Ko-something, for sure. But he needed more information.

He gave his best impression of a sarcastic smile(whether or not that creeped Varan out was beyond him), and he said "No, no - Like more specific. For instance, what Is that gate doing there, and why do they need one?"

IC: Xaru'ka

The Bo-Skakdi laid her gun on her shoulder, walking to the gate to see what the commotion was. As she looked, what she could tell was that a Lesterin had been murdered by a Crystal Skakdi. She moved closer, and realized she knew this Skakdi. She approached them. "Hello there, Khil'Rayu." She said, her Skakdi grin widening.

IC: Khil'rayu (Ko-Koro Gates)

"Nice to see you again, Xaru'ka," I say, SUPPRESSING my inclinations towards homicide which have become so much more prevalent in the hours since Antidermis affected me. "Have you and Mortem here met yet?"

Edited by Miras: Makuta of Awesome

VBWj75sh.png

IC Galika:

Galika continued being unconscious. The cart with her and Valkrahn's mangled bodies arrived where they needed to be, and they, and their guards, waited for their fates to be decided.

OoC: This is "secret code" for HURRY UP, WHOEVER DECIDES OUR FATES

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC Makaru:  Toa Makaru Asari speeds down an icey slope on Mount Ihu. 

Edited by Mish

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI

IC Rinnoz

...Really? a wimpy thing like that was stopping enemies from coming in? the disappointment on Rinnoz's face was not deceptive. "Urgh, very well." It gave him an image of the minds running the place. But for now, he would humour this Toa until he received enough information.

Not aware of someone stalking Varan, he asked "But what of the enemies which are invisible? they could walk in completely undetected."

IC: Enforcer, Veteran & Zero - Obsidian Outpost.

I lean forward, the barest hint of a smile playing across my lips. "Told ya so," Veteran chimes smugly. I just nod, my smile growing ever so slightly. Sometimes it was good to be proven wrong. 

Zero seems to agree. She steps forward, gesturing to Verulas. "Your strategies for avoiding detection by our master tracker were clever, resourceful. Henceforth you shall be Spectre, thirteenth member of The Outsiders!" 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I stay silent. No-one is asking questions and no-one is saying something I disagree with. I'm not known for my small talk.

IC: (Vandal/Obsidian Outpost)

"Congrats!" Rekhyt shouted to the newly christened Spectre. The Fa-Toa would always think of him as Verulas, to be honest.

Kathok