BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Zarok

The sounds on the top deck didn't wake Zarok up from his sleep. In fact, he didn't even hear them. He wouldn't have woken up if no one ran to the top deck. But, when Zarok heard many pairs of feet rushing by his door, he groggily got up. He swore he heard the sound of a staff or two scuffing the planks.

What's going on up there?

He grabbed his katana, just in case there was something up on the deck, and made his way up. He expected to see land, or...something, really.

There was just ocean, though. and the body of Gravus. That caught Zarok off-guard.

And seeing a dead body did not help Zarok at all. He stared, wide-eyed at the body of Gravus. And then he looked at Oriak. And then back at the body. And then he held up his katana towards Oriak, in a vaguely threatening manner.

If he wasn't half asleep, it would have been far more threatening.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC(Ignitus and Rerus(on board the Inika)):

I turn to the crew, now gathered on the deck except for Xadah and-

"What in Mata Nui's name is going on up here?" Rerus says as he comes up onto the deck.

Rerus isn't stupid. It takes him only a moment to realize what's going on. "You."

He briskly strides up to Oriak, picks him up by his throat, and slams his back against the mask.

"What's wrong with you, you sociopathic little-"

"Rerus," I say, cutting him off. "We have yet to decide what to do with Oriak. We can kill him on the spot. We can let him take his own life by jumping into the sea. We can leave him at the first land we come to. I say we vote; I say we kill him. He deserves it."

"Agreed."

:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

IC: Zarok

"I say...I need some sleep. And this guy can die. Whatever. I'm tired." the act Gravus was lying there dead had not yet fully registered in his mind. He simply thought he was asleep, like Zarok wanted to be.

The katana wavered more than it already was.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Liano

After nearly colliding with Vail, Liano barely acknowledged the other Sarsi, for he was too intently focused on the electric elemental, though his presence didn't go completely unnoticed. With his bow fully drawn, he plucked an arrow out of its quiver and loaded it into his weapon, his aim quick and steady. The metallic tip glinted in the light, yet to be stained by blood but all the more hungry because of it it, ready to burrow its way its way into bone and flesh.

Within the span of just a few more seconds, the arrow would pierce the Toa, hopefully killing him, but again, the sonics-user let out an infuriating screech. The sudden noise caused Liano to slightly flinch. At that exact moment, the one on the ground decided to let loose his own reservoir of electricity, snapping his hand forward where tendrils of light burst from his fingertips. The web of crackling energy sailed through the air, shining a beautiful light which masked its deadly nature.

Problem was, it would never find its original target. Like before, Liano vanished from sight, and had already instinctively barreled out of the way. A seasoned hunter like him possessed the trained eyes of a hawk, alert for any detail or slight shift in movement, and the sharp noise proved only a minor distraction in the wake of his nearly unwavering focus. Perceiving the attack was easy, dodging a little more difficult though doable with his uncanny speed.

Unfortunately, this left Vail alone to face the threat, hissing snakes arcing towards the Toa of fire in a deadly fashion. Not ideal, but at least it wasn't him. If anything, Vail would act as a solid distraction (if he survived), which would allow Liano to move around freely, take aim, and fire on an unsuspecting foe. A bit of a crude tactic, yet effective nonetheless.

They would see.

IC Jarkale and Lai Lai

(Endless Ocean):

"He killed one of us and he won't stop there if we don't do something about him", Jarkale agreed. "There is no visible landmass anywhere and it will be long before we find one. I vote... I vote we kill him."

Jarkale hung his head in disappointment at his own words. He hated death and killing, but was there really any other choice? Oriak was danger to everyone on board, and he had already killed the navigator in the crew, leaving them without guidance.

Lai Lai merely sobbed at Gravus' death.

IC:

About a half second ago things seemed fairly calm. Tense, but still calm. The next instant, all Karz broke loose.

First came the second sonic screech. It was the brute, who had now decided to charge Barthel. Hopefully the little guy would be able to stand his ground. For now, the biggest problem was the Toa of Lighting who faced Vail and Liano.

The air crackled with a symphony of pops. The Toa of Lightning murmured "Burn" just loud enough for Vail to hear. The Toa of Fire felt the energy beat off his armor. His neck prickled with static.

Liano had already gotten out of the way. He was too late.

"Son of a brakas..."

The surge hit him almost full on in the chest. Electricity shot through his limbs and sent sparking tremors down his spine. His body convulsed uncontrollably. The sheer force of the attack sent him careening back into a wall. The pain clouded his vison. He could smell the scent of his own singed flesh.

He slowly slid down to earth and collapsed in a heap. The scream had left a ringing in his ears that drowned out all other sounds. He could only watch helplessly as his arm twitched continuously on the ground in front of his eyes.

It was probably barely audible, but he said it anyways.

"Ow."

Edited by Requiem

IC: Kadon

I gritted my teeth as my intended target leaped aside, annoyed that he'd seen through my clever plan. However, my attack didn't go to waste: New New Guy took the hit, and was blasted back with a rather loud, dramatic pop and a flash of light. For a second, I stared blankly at New New Guy's limp, twitching form and fought the strange urge to apologize to him: I didn't think there'd been quite that much energy in my attack, but then again, I was pretty angry at the time.

Still, it was a victory for Drome and myself, and it evened the odds. Well, mostly. I was beginning to feel the drain of the fighting was putting on my elemental energy- I usually fought with my blades and my element simultaneously, instead of depending solely on one or the other. The Original New Guy (let's call him Dodgy instead) was still a big threat, and Angry was still relatively unharmed. Drome needed to step up his game and take out Angry fast if we were to stand any chance of getting out of there more-or-less in one piece.

And I knew how to make it happen.

I got to my feet, both to make myself more obvious to Drome and because I didn't want to remain stationary any longer, and cupped my hands around my mouth. "HEY! DROME! I GOT ONE ALREADY! WHAT'S TAKING YOU SO LONG? GETTING SLOW IN YOUR OLD AGE OR SOMETHING?" I made certain to use a taunting tone that I knew Drome found especially aggravating, and couldn't help but grin as I (hopefully) goaded him into taking things up a notch. "IF YOU NEED HELP TAKING THAT GUY DOWN, DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK!"

My brilliant plan put in motion, I spun around, looking for Dodgy. Taking my eyes off of him for any amount of time was probably a bad idea.

IC: Tellus

Tellus, who had managed to find the will to raise his head again, muttered, "But I don't," before slowly standing up. Though he wobbled precariously, he succeeded in staying upright. "That trick o' yer's is awfully 'andy, Cap'n. Maybe I should be a Lest'rin someday."

The Toa stood there for a moment, not seeming to realize what he'd just said, then frowned. "Wait. I don't think it works like that..."

Edited by Cadias

IC: Drome

There was a loud clang beside both sides of my head, as the metal disks came at me with sudden speed. At first, I thought I had been decapitated, but then I realized that my head was still attached to my body because I was still running. A quick glance to me shoulders revealed that the disks were still there, having embedded themselves deep into the spikes of my shoulder armor. I knew those things would save my life one day, no matter how stupid some people thought they were. And now the had kept me from some serious round and sharp harm. I love those spikes.

Then came mockery from Kadon. He though he was better than me? All he had done was take out an unsuspecting bystander! That didn't count! I would show him. I would defeat this little pest, and be the first to actually defeat a real foe in this fight. He would just have to deal with the fact that I was better than him unless it came to harming innocent people. I summoned all the rage and anger of the whole nest of Nui-Rama as I planned to deliver a fight-ending blow to the pest.

But then the pest did some sort of crazy backwards leap-roll-jump thing, probably to get himself out of range of my charge. It probably would have worked, I would not have been able to turn fast enough normally. What he hadn't counted of was that I was Drome, and that the rules of logic didn't apply to someone who didn't need them. I shifted the weight of my heavy mace to the side as quickly and violently as possible. It through off my balance, sending me stumbling wildly in the direction of the pest. I had given up a controlled charge for becoming a living wrecking ball.

Sure, it would probably end in a painful landing for me, but I bet it would be more painful for the pest when I came crashing wildly into him.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC (Lohkar)

"Was I supposed ta be doin' somethin'?"

"Y'know what, lads?" the pirate suddenly exclaimed, leaping to his feet. "I feel like a walk!"

IC:

"Y'know, there was this ship that left on some voyage or something. Why don't we chase after them, see if they have rum or something?" Floria said as he picked herself up from the ground of.....wherever it was they were at.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

In Liano's place, Vail took the full hit, reducing him to a steaming heap of twitching muscle. He spared no sympathy for his writhing partner and indulged in the heat of combat instead. One goal overrode his entire mindset, a goal deeply ingrained in his psyche since he was a very child, and that goal meant defeating your foe, no matter the cost. He stored away all emotion he possessed, leaving nothing behind but the ruthless, fine-tuned killing machine he was trained to be, and all that he cared about was his opponent's demise.

While he wasn't completely oblivious to his surroundings, he was lost in a kind of trance as he darted around invisibly, silently, never taking his eyes off the field of combat yet always watching for any sudden change. He was a predator circling his prey, gazing upon Kadon like a deer just waiting to be slaughtered, by knife, by arrow, by whatever way Liano could make him bleed. As he did so, the he loaded his weapon with the arrow he'd originally drawn.

Movement. The Toa rose, blood on his face evoking a cruel sense of satisfaction to the beast prowling the area unseen. Hands cupped around his mouth, shouting followed and right then and there, in that exact moment of inattentiveness, Liano seized his opportunity to strike. The arrow flew, zooming straight out of the land of the invisible and back into the material world, its gleaming tip headed straight for the intended target.

The moment Kadon spun around, he would see the projectile already coming right at him, its shooter visible once more. The physical strain, coupled with the intensity of combat, weighed heavily on his mental and as a result, keeping his Huna active in such a strenuous scenario for too long proved difficult. Still, he wasted no time, deft hands allowing a second rapid fire shot to quickly succeed the first (albeit, less accurately), while he began to reload for a third in a crouched position.

Excluding the one in his hand, only two more arrows remained. If those he fired didn't do the trick, then he'd be forced to make the next ones count.

OOC: lol TDC, now I have Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus stuck in my head. XD

IC:

Vail was extremely dizzy, but he somehow managed to get onto his hands and knees without too much strain. His body ached everywhere, and he groaned in annoyance.

C'mon Vail, you haven't even strutted your stuff yet. Get up!

He winced and stood slowly. It'd been a while since he'd taken a hit like that. He activated his Pakari, and breathed a sigh of relief as new energy flowed through his veins.

"Mata Nui, I'm out of practice." He muttered under his breath. "About time I showed my true colors."

The Toa of Lightning was boasting to his beefy friend about how he had taken down Vail.

Not yet.

"You speak too soon, my friend." the Toa of Fire said as his hands erupted into flames. He didn't attack the Toa of Lighting however. He instead leapt in between Barthel and the big angry mace wielder, his element growing in intensity with every passing millisecond.

If the big man had any brains beneath that thick skull of his, he wouldn't try and breach the wall of flame that now flowered in between him and his prey.

OOC: Late Void is very sorry ... and late.

IC: Rynekk - The Temple

I had won a small victory. Wasn't much, guess that's why they call it a small victory, but it was enough to bring my confidence levels up from "might as well end it now" to "maybe I won't die agonizingly after all". Still, I raised my spear slightly, out of habit more than anything else. My mind was elsewhere, trying to wrap itself around what my little sharp-tongued friend had said. Something about faces. Something about--

"Years?" I repeated, following the sound of her footsteps deeper into the darkness. "You've been down here for years?"

All right, maybe my life didn't suck nearly as much as I thought it had...

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Never heard it, Requiem.

Try as Vail might, it was too late for me to stop my momentum. In launching myself with my weapon's weight, I had given up all ability to slow or stop. Even if the wall of fire had scared me, which it really didn't after what I've been through, there was no way to stop my momentum from crashing through anything in my path. Vail had a choice now: he could either stand in place and hope that my bladed, and now slicing-disked shoulders didn't gore him in any important places, or he could get out of the way. I would advise the latter, unless he wanted to probably be in worse shape than I would be from the fire.

Sure, I might get a few burns, but my armor was think enough to protect me reasonably well. When it came to my spikes, I doubt Vail's armor would do the same. Ah well, it wasn't my choice anymore, I was out of control like a swarm of blinded angry Nui-Rama. Then I realized that my angle was a it off from his, that I would slip right past him. Lucky for him, he didn't have to face spiky fury. As for me... I was still going through the wall of fire. Ouch. I raised one hand to my face, in order to protect my eyes.

Bursting through the flaming wall like a runaway Kane-Ra out of Karzahni, I could feel searing pain shoot throughout my body. But it wasn't enough to stop my charge, and I was now closing in on my target.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Barthel Deliresi

When I took my tumble a few thing fell loose from my pockets and came out. These included a few pieces of silver ware, some widgets, a brooch, and my book. In regards to the brooch and widgets you'd be surprised what some people leave lying around. As I rolled onto my back I tried to reclaim my book, almost reaching it before I saw the now flaming brute clumsily charging in my direction once again. "Oh Mata Nui, why?" There was a loud thump as he collapsed on top of me.

I felt as if all all of the air in my body had been forced out of me as I gasped for a breath. As soon as I had gotten some air back in me I futilely tried to struggle and slip out from under the large oaf. Then I noticed that one of my chakram was now very close to my head, and that if the brute wanted he could move and drop himself down, using his weight to force my own weapon into my cranium. And, to top it all off, he was touching me. I could have dealt with it had he not been touching me.

"Get off of me this instant!" I was stuck under the hideous Toa with no why to get out. "You have to get off of me!" I grabbed a knife from the silver ware and tried to stab the giant's side to get him off. "I refuse to be trapped like this again!"

Edited by Jack Frost

sml_gallery_51411_140_31138.png

I had a successful attack. Sort of. It was off angle, I hadn't had quite the intended force, and I was probably a little of fire from burning forest bits that had stuck to my armor. But, it was still a somewhat victory. It was more than Kadon had gotten, I was winning.

Then the pest began squirming around like a trapped Rahi, freaking out and shouting at me to get off of him. Really? He wanted me to get off, when he was the one who had caused this in the first place? That was like asking your enemy to give you time to sharpen your sword in the middle of a fight! He had to be crazy to think I would ever agree to such a request.

Then came a sharp, stinging pain in my side. I wasn't sure if I had scraped it on something, or if maybe it was a place where I had been badly burnt. Looking towards the painful area, I noticed a shiny metal knife was stabbed into my side through a small opening in my armor. That was why it hurt so painfully. The little pest had just stabbed me!

Raising my free arm, the one I had used to cover my eyes, I slammed it down with brutal force towards his head.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Barthel Deliresi

I was shocked to feel a liquid trickle onto my hand. Somehow I had managed to stab him beneath his armor with a simple knife I had acquired from a restaurant. I was about to attempt to twist the knife in his side when I saw his arm come swinging downwards. I am not completely sure of what happened after that, as I had been knocked unconscious, much to my dismay. However, one thing I do know is that it was very painful. I am just glad my glasses had also fallen off in the tumble, or else I would have had to replace them.

sml_gallery_51411_140_31138.png

I was greeted by the sight of an arrow flying at me, something that was very effective at galvanizing me into action. I threw all my weight off to one side, desperate to avoid the deadly projectile, but my effort was too little too late to avoid it entirely.

Saying it grazed me wouldn't be entirely accurate, because the word 'graze' implies that it barely scratched me. While the arrow didn't come to a stop, it cut a fairly deep, long cut across my chest- I'd twisted sideways during my attempt to dodge, which had saved my life, but the arrow had still cut a stinging red line across my body. The second arrow missed, but just barely. If I hadn't already been throwing myself to the ground, it would have at the very least given me another cut.

I jumped up almost immediately, knowing that giving Dodgy a chance to fire off another shot could very well be fatal; the cut on my chest, which was already beginning to bleed quite a bit more than I liked, was proof of that. I felt a cold feeling like that of icy water rush through my veins as I realized how very close to death I'd just come, and one thought occupied my mind: That it was time to stop messing around, time to get absolutely, deadly serious. I'd just received a very, very effective reminder that this was no game. This was a matter of survival, of do or die... and I had no intention of dying.

Dodgy was visible now, crouching and preparing to fire another arrow. Had I been really thinking about it, I would have smiled: after all, I could fire off a bolt of lightning far faster than he could draw, aim and fire his bow. As it was, my response was almost entirely reaction: A thin, crackling thread of electricity shot off toward its target, and though it wasn't powerful enough to do any damage, it wasn't intended to harm Dodgy. No, its job was to throw him off balance and prevent him from firing another arrow right away, so that I could prepare something with a little bit more of a punch to send his way.

As soon as I was certain that the pest was down for the count, I pulled the knife from my side. Perhaps it was a little painful, but I couldn't really tell over the intense agony I was feeling from the initial stab. It was bleeding rather heavily, but not enough that I really thought it would slow me down. No, the burning and the stabbing together were what was slowing me down. That, and having run this far... and having been fighting earlier...

I struggled to my feet, clutching my aching side as I turned to see how Kadon was faring. He hadn't even managed to take down one foe yet. I was totally winning. I felt as though I should probably help him, but I found that I really wasn't feeling well enough to keep fighting. But with two foes to face, Kadon probably would end up worse off than I was already. I couldn't let that happen. I needed someone to help me reach a hospital after this.

I turned towards the guy who had created the wall of fire, unsteadily lifting my mace. I was aching, I was bleeding, I was tired...

And I was angry.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC

"LoJak, I think I should inform you of something."

LoJak, hidden by darkness, stopped walking and stood motionless, intrigued. They had already said goodnight and Theriss stood on the steps to her house- what else could she have to say to him? What was so important it couldn't wait until the morning?

Maybe it's something personal? LoJak wondered. For the past month that LoJak had worked with the leader of the Sarsi, he had never known Theriss to willingly share anything about herself. Even during their dinner, LoJak had succeeded in only gaining a few meagre crumbs of information from the female Toa. It was hard to imagine she would to tell him anything about herself he didn't already know. But then, maybe he had broken through to her. It was a chance LoJak couldn't give up on.

The Toa of Fire turned, taking a few steps back into the light toward Theriss.

"Yes?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Theriss

At first she thought that he must not have heard her, having already been out of range to have picked up her speaking. Maybe it was for the better that he didn't learn of her occupation. She was quite certain that some of the other Sarsi wouldn't have any problem with it at all, but LoJak was different than the rest. He was the only Sarsi that she would have been able to call a nice person without finding that she doubted the statement. It didn't really matter, she thought, he was already gone now. She would tell him some other time, maybe when she had found time to prepare a way of slowly letting the truth slip out.

She felt a slight hint of relief as she turned towards the door of her home, reaching to open the door. Then LoJak stepped out of the shadows, letting out a single word question that she really didn't want to respond to. There was a slight pause before she spoke, but when the words finally came, it was in the cold and serious tone that she spoke in most frequently. "Earlier you asked about my profession, and I gave a very evasive answer. I would like to apologize for that."

"I offer out loans to people needing then t very steep interest rates. If they find themselves unwilling to pay, I make them pay. If they are unable to pay, I allow them to sink ever more deeply into my debt."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

"Hello, my name is Vera Polzin, and you must be Jin. It's a pleasure to meet you." Vera opened the door the rest of the way and stood to the side. "Feel free to grab a seat, and relax in the living room, there are refreshments there if you are hungry and/or thirsty. It look as though your journey here has been an exhausting one. One of the others is around, but he has yet to join us."

IC (Jin)

So. The big woman herself.

Not that she was big. Oops. Slip of the tongue there. My bad.

I followed her instructions without question, only pausing to deliver a blunt "Thanks," as I moseyed on past and plopped myself down in the living room. Nicely decorated space, with some fancy-looking couches and a coffee table that was probably older than me. A tray of snacks sat there, perfectly arranged, and I quickly did my best to remedy that. Six cheese puffs, three ham tubes and a glass of lemonade later, I was beginning to feel a bit like my old self.

Almost automatically, I scanned the room a second time as I lifted the frosty glass to my lips. A nice bay window overlooking the bay. Couple entrances. Heirlooms hanging on the walls, and carpet underfoot. I was still slightly hungover, but a little alcohol poisoning wasn't enough to keep me off my game. I'd been in more than a few situations where only my attention to detail had kept me alive, and I was hoping to keep that streak going.

Why? I wondered briefly as I reached for a seventh cheese puff. Why was I still so preoccupied with living?

Force of habit, I guess.

IC: Voulge

Voulge had watched the fight for some time from the shadows. The ussal that had roosted on his head had crawled into the satchel he carried which was rather empty and made himself comfortable. However Voulge scaled the side of a nearby building and activated his Volitak. This allowed him to get a better view without revealing himself. He did not wish to get involved unless he had to.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Potas - Endless Ocean

(A few minutes ago)

"Well I want to know about thwir past life and maybe some of their personality."

(Present)

He sets the end of his staff on the wodden floor, a hand still on the shaft of the staff.

"I say we feed him the Takea. Maybe they'll like his sadistic shadow filled carcass."

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC(Ignitus and Oriak(on board the Inika)):

I nod. "Looks like it's settled."

"Any last words?" I ask as I draw Vulcan.

He looks me in the eye, with that sadistic grin I imagine he had when he murdered Gravus.

"Diu vivat Radriar."

I swing.

His head falls, rolling under the rail and into the sea, and his body falls over the same rail.

"Diu non vivabit."

Edited by The Nold

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

IC: [Kiron] - [The Inika]

Kiron turned away from the execution. He heard the body and head splash into the water down below.

He looked at Gravus' body.

"What do we do now?" He asked softly.

OOC: @Toatapio Kiron fired a flare. It was meant to blind, and wasn't an attack per se.

Edited by Norik Of Gielinor

IC:

Dizziness was creeping its way into Vail's head. His body was finally catching up with his initial adrenaline rush. Not good.

To make things worse, Barthel was out for the count. The brute had surpassed his flames with ease, and after subduing Barthel he turned once again to face the Toa of Fire. Blood trickled from a wound in his side. He didn't look very happy.

He raised his mace. The brute was wounded, and so was Vail. Even so, this guy didn't seem disoriented in the slightest, and Vail couldn't help but feel fear creep up his throat at the thought of being crushed by the De-Toa's hefty weapon.

Suddenly, a thought occurred to Vail. He had jumped in to try and save Barthel, which had failed miserably. But he had no clue as to why this skirmish had even started in the first place.

"Why are we fighting again?"

I tried to respond, but all that came out was a blurred gurgle of a sound. Turns out, having a metal plate covering your mouth made it really hard to speak. Oh, so that was why I was having so much trouble catching my breath. I should probably remove it, then I could explain why it was that the green pest had needed to take a brutal lesson in not attacking random people.

Using the knife I had taken out of my side, and used it to pry off the metal covering. It ended up taking a bit more energy than I had expected. In fact, maybe it would be better if I sat down for a while...

Dropping to the ground to sit, and returning my hand to my side, I turned towards the guy who had created the really painful wall of fire. I was probably going to have to be treated for some serious burns after this, alongside the knife wound and head trauma. I really should have beat him into a pulp as well, but I wasn't really feeling up to it. "The little green pest over there attacked us when I waved hello at him while running to the beach... then invisi-bow over there tried to pay us money to leave him alone like some sort of thugs!"

"We refused, and then he started attacking us too!" I wasn't sure how much of what I was saying was getting through clearly, I wasn't really feeling well enough for fluid speaking.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

The gash in Kadon's chest wasn't what Liano had hoped for, earning his disappointment. Damage had been dealt, but not significantly enough to impair his foe, even with torn muscles and blood oozing out of the wound. If there was any opportune moment to land a clear hit, that had been the one, though his attempt had been in vain due to Kadon's superb timing and reflexes. A miracle, really, though right now, it felt like plain bad luck resulting in a complete waste of ammunition. Three more shots was all he had left, and he couldn't afford to waste them.

Then, more electricity came his way. Being crouched coiled his legs like springs, ready to unwind so he could pounce when the need arose. Dashing to the left was relatively easy, so to speak, but the attack seemed rather underwhelming. A ruse? Maybe.

Back on his feet in a standing position, Liano took aim once more.

IC:

Vail was surprised when the De-Toa sat down on the ground. He was feeling rather nauseous, so he followed suit.

According to him, Barthel was behind how the fight started. Not surprising.

The surprising part of what the Toa was saying was that Liano had attacked them as well. It seemed unlike the Toa of Earth to start up a fight without much reason.

"Oh... I apologize. I guess I'm still getting to know my teammates and their often ridiculous motives." Vail was still quite perplexed. "But I assure you, we are not a band of thugs. We are members of the Toa Sarsi. Perhaps you've heard of us."

He worked his numb fingers in an attempt to restore their lost feeling.

"Sorry about that wall of fire by the way," he said as he noticed the Toa of Sonic's armor was still steaming slightly.

IC:

"You.. you loan people money. And then you make them pay. I see..."

LoJak looked down at the steps, his mind churning and digesting the information Theriss had just told him. He couldn't believe what she was saying. He'd suspected Theriss may not have been the most upright citizen of Mata-Nui - Toa that avoided divulging personal information tended to have secrets that involved violent or shameful acts, like LoJak's drunken past. Still, LoJak hadn't thought that Theriss' closet had held her particular skeleton. She was a loan shark!

Even worse, LoJak acknowledged sorrowfully, she abused the powers given to her by Mata-Nui as a Toa to exact her payments. It was wrong, completely and utterly wrong. For a moment he was sickened by the thought that he'd gone on a date with a lowly criminal, that he'd thought her attractive. What was wrong with him? How could he have been so blind? The Toa of Fire felt a sudden urge to turn and run, away from Theriss and the Sarsi.

LoJak raised his head and eyed Theriss critically. No, he thought, I haven't been fair. Theriss had never learned to be a true Toa, kept ignorant of her birthright. How could judge her now, during an extended low point in her life, when he himself had once been consumed by darkness? Shortly after he'd joined the team, LoJak had been determined to help the rest of the Sarsi overcome their hardships to become true heroes, and thought Theriss just needed help with shyness or a barrier she'd constructed around herself. Now he realized his assessment had been wrong, but he decided he would not back down because of that stain on her character. No, if anything, it gave him the resolve to stay.

"I guess I'll see you in the morning then" LoJak said just above a whisper, turning and leaving to enjoy a restful, rejuvenating sleep.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

I grimaced as the pain from the cut gradually increased. The adrenaline that'd flooded my system after I'd nearly been shot was wearing off, and I was also beginning to lose a significant amount of blood, which meant that I wasn't going to be able to keep dodging for long. I needed to either escape or end the fight, and I wasn't in a position to do either.

Gradually, I began working my way in the general direction of Drome. He was my best bet for the time being, and if I could get him to help me with Dodgy, then I'd stand a chance.

Speaking of Dodgy, he'd succeeded in doing just that and was beginning to line up another shot. Still, I considered it a victory- when Dodgy was dodging, he wasn't shooting me. I sent another low-power bolt his way to distract him and smiled thinly. You might win in the lethality category, I thought, but I've got speed.

Well, at least this one seemed reasonable enough. That, or he was tired enough to listen to reason. Either way, maybe I could talk some sense into him now that he appeared no more eager to fight than I was. "Eh, it's alright. We get attacked all the time anyway. We're used to it by now. A little fire isn't going to bother me any." It was bothering me a lot. It really hurt.

I paused, thinking over the name that he had spoken. Had I ever heard of a 'Toa Sarsi' while I was preforming my heroic feats of heroism? No, I didn't seem to recall ever hearing anyone called that before. Maybe they were new or something. "Nope, sorry. Never heard of any 'Sarsi' before. Though maybe you've heard of us. Drome and Kadon, adventurers extraordinaire. We were sent as a rescue team into the Nui-Rama hive a long while back. Or maybe my championship fight with a drunken Tarakava?"

IC: Theriss

LoJak spoke a little, then he went into a long silence. First he glanced downwards in silence, whatever he was thinking was hidden beneath the Fire Toa's face. Theriss knew immediately that telling him was now, most certainly, a very terrible idea. She was expected him to do something, to shout or scream about how horribly wrong it was and how ashamed he was to have ever met her, to storm off in a fury without a word, anything of that nature. She had been through those responses before, she knew what to expect. But he just continued to stand there in silence, something far worse than a swift response.

Then he turned his face to look directly at her. His face seemed a mixture of puzzlement and determination. What that meant, she could only guess. Perhaps he was merely piecing together all her previous talk of her business, and how it now all added together. Whatever his thoughts, she assumed that they were building to an escape of some kind, some way to get away fro the situation.

He had seemed so determined to be a hero, she could only imagine how different she must seem to him now. She knew full well what her job required, and it never bothered her in the slightest. Taking money, by payment or by force, was something that she had no complaints with. After the Toa of Sarsi had accomplished all that she needed, perhaps more, she would happily be returning to that well-known job. Of course, she would be expanding out to include a larger range of financial sources, that way hard times would not be so savage when next they arrived.

Maybe he realized that? Maybe he understood now who he was working with, that she had no intention of being someone else except to the media that would portray her as a heroic leader of the Sarsi. Or maybe not, maybe he thought he could redeem her like a storybook hero. Either way, she had a feeling that the conversation was not yet over, should LoJak even stay long enough to finish it that night.

Then he let out a weak response, and turned to walk away into the night. Was that merely to hold off the conversation, or was he running away from the situation? The only way to tel was to wait for the morning.

She found that she really wasn't tired any longer. She could sleep later. Right now, she just felt like walking. Turning in the opposite direction of LoJak, she headed out into the village night.

Edited by Psychopomp Virithri

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

I continued to inch my way away from Dodgy and more-or-less toward Drome. It wouldn't be long before my strength started to fade...

With my eyes still fixed on Dodgy, I began to listen to what was going on behind me in an attempt to figure out what Drome was up to. It was the first time I'd payed any attention to his actions for what seemed like a long time, and what I heard surprised me. Drome was talking with the guy I'd kinda-sorta-accidentally zapped?

Still paying close attention to Dodgy, I said, "Hey, wait a minute. Why are you two back there not trying to kill each other all of a sudden?"

IC: Voulge

Voulge had been listening from a nearby rooftop and if his form was not hidden by his mask they would see the smirk on his face. His posture was one of a careful predator, he was crouched with his left hand against the roof to steady himself and the other hand rested on the side of his right hip. However this recent revelation made him laugh.

"They are not fighting because it turns out that the reason for fighting was a foolish one. One made by the mistake of a certain foolish toa of iron."

OOC: Voulge, The Stalker

Edited by A Vox in a Box

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC Jarkale and Lai Lai

(Endless Ocean, The Inika):

Lai Lai hung her head sadly, feeling Tuarn's comforting touch on her shoulder. Seeing an execution wasn't anything new to her, but she hated them just the same.

"Why do some submit to evil, even knowing they won't survive it?" she asked solemnly.

Jarkale watched Oriak's body fall into the sea and sighed heavily. So far the voyage had not gone too well. Then again, he doubted anyone else on the deck would contemplate murder.

"There's nowhere to bury Gravus except the sea", he said.

Lai Lai turned to him. "The sea is as good a place as any. It will care for the spirit and preserve it forever. The sea is pure, complete."

She took a look at the spot where Oriak had been standing before his execution. Her expression grew grim. "But those with evil, disgusting spirits will only become food for the fish."

Edited by Toatapio Nuva