Bzprpg - Ta-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Angelus (Ta-Koro)The Toa of Fire merely grinned and hopped into a standing position, jetting off towards a series of restaurants in a zigzag. He returned ten minutes with two trays full of food, giving Kamaehu one of the trays and setting another between him and Jolek. He grabbed one of two Mahi burgers and took a large order of fries."Dig in," he said to the martial artist with a grin. "It's good, I promise."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "Oh this? It's just some notes I've taken." Gyren replied as he passed that page with Tawara's picture. He stopped on the page with Jikal's Mark. The young Toa wondered how he even received the Mark, realizing he should have asked about it before.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC: NikaronNikaron realized very well that Avya and the others found his reasons to remain and keep watch over Jikal, thinking that they already had enough Toa. However Nikaron was not willing to take that chance, the memory of the battle had not faded fast from his mind. Not to mention, most likely, immediately after Jikal woke, provided Iris was in control, Tuara would be expelled back into her body. What's worse, Nikaron doubted Iris was the kind of person who forgave easily, whatever Tuara said or did to him in Jikal's mind, it was more than likely that he would want revenge. Yes, he resolved, I have to remain, regardless of what the others say. So what if I get a blasted Scar, if it means saving lives. Not just of the guys here, but also any Matoran in the vicinity. Besides, it's not like the Night Angel needs a pretty face, and that is who I will become again once Avya is trained and ready, once she finds peace.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: With an almost preadatory grin, Jolek sunk his teeth into the burger."Mmm..." he said in what was best described as a purr of contentment. Such a delightfully colorful mix of juicy, meaty goodness and a plethora of new undiscovered flavors launched a blitzkrieg of tastiness on his palate."Good stuff. Seems like it'd make you fat if you ate a lot of it though. Real juicy like that." he noted, as he systematically vaccuumed up the food with prodigous speed and efficiency."Angel, You have shown me something amazing today. For this, I must thank you profusely." he said, getting on his knees and mock-bowing in the other toa's direction, even as he munched on fry after fry after fry in a feat of dexterity.

Edited by Raz: Master Muscle Wizard

helo frens

IC: Angelus (Ta-Koro)The young Toa of Fire returned the bow as he polished off his own food and brought out a third tray, concealed behind his back."If you think that was great, my compatriot, then wait until you see this."As he spoke, he uncapped one of the two small silver plates, revealing a strange ice cream concoction wrapped in between two banana halves."Try it."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Ara'kas shook her head. "He can't. He's a toa. Freakish obsession with duty is a job requirement. But this isn't about him. You're lying through your teeth when you say your fine. You can barely look at me. What's wrong?"

IC: Avya (Ta-Koro)I closed my eyes in frustration. I was so tired of lying, but who could possibly understand that I was a murderer? Just looking at fire made me sick, and Nikaron's burns reminded me of the very thing I was trying to forget. What was the point of making a new life if every two seconds I was thrown back into that Karzahni of flames and screaming Matoran?I looked at Ara'kas. She was always so strong and steadfast, the way I wanted to be, the way I felt I had been a long time ago, before this condition left me practically weeping in the face of anything that reminded me of that day. I couldn't tell her, could I?If I didn't, then who would I tell? Would I spend the rest of my life hiding my stupid memories from everyone just so I could look tough?"What's wrong," I hissed through clenched teeth, "Is I can't go a minute without watching someone die."Ara'kas looked at me quizzically, so I continued."I said in Ga-Wahi that I couldn't remember anything, but that's a lie. Any second, I might see something that triggers a flashback. And the things I see..." I put my hands to my temples, as if I could force those memories from my mind. "You can't imagine the things I see. I see Matoran on fire, a village burning to the ground. I hear screams of agony as villagers are turned into living torches. And the smell... the smell of melting metal and flesh."I looked up, my eyes meeting Arakas'. "But the worst thing is knowing that I was responsible. I did it, somehow. I lost control of, of something, and killed the people I was supposed to protect."I turned away, wishing for all the world I could stop these stupid tears that were running down my cheeks. The memories were so fresh, so vivid, so real, it was like they had happened yesterday. It just wasn't fair. How was I supposed to act like a Toa if I couldn't forget what I had done?"There you go, that's what's wrong. I'm a murderer."

IC-Hasil:Hasil listened to Avya. His eyes grew hard through the tale, and upon the end he spoke, though his voice was not angry, or sad. It was emotionless-he had something to say, but it was neither comforting or something to anger or sadden the Toa."Mistakes happen," he said. "No matter what. Every Toa loses control at one point." He paused, allowing his statement to sink in. Then his eyes softened slightly."You have naught but to learn from them," he said quietly. "And to strive to correct them and to better yourself. And you are well upon that track." He looked deeply into Avya's eyes."By protecting the Matoran here, and fighting the Makuta, you must be helping to avenge and assuage the spirits of the slain. He is the source of evil, ultimately the cause of an evil deed shall fall to his mechanations. Your blame shall be absolved."

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: "Jikal. He's a Mark Bearer. Apparently, this tattoo gives him super strength the more cruel he is. And he's got a split personality." Gyren replied as he closed up his notebook. Eventually, the Toa would have to return to his hut and grab a new notebook.

IC: Tarcvor couldn't help but overhear the conversation between Briani and Gyren. This whole 'mark-bearer' business sounded like a threat. Feeling a sense of curiosity with the matter, he entered the conversation."So, is there any cure for mark bearers?"

Edited by Zombie Shark Ragnarok
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Ara'kas was silent for a while, her eyes drifting from Avya, before settling intensely on Kamaehu. Sitting down to enjoy his lunch he was oblivious to Avya's plight. He looks a lot better than when he first came back. He had been shattered, but now you can barely tell. Looking back at Avya, shetried valiantly to manage a smile. "Kid, you're not a murderer. you said it yourself, you lost control. You can't blame yourself for what you can control. What's worse, to see ten deaths you couldn't stop..." this time it was Ara'kas who couldn't face the other toa. "Or to see one you could?"IC: Meanwhile, Kamaehu was sprawled on the ground, eating his soup. "Ahh, Takea fin soup. It's illegal in three koros, but it's worth it."

Progenitus Worldsoul

Marquis of making RPG profiles, but never actually posting.

"Strength through honor. Virtue through flames."

OOC: Mantoxis from Ko-Koro. Gravity and Darkon, get ready to face me.IC: Mantoxis landed his gukko in front of the Lavapool in. Finding a place to stable it, he headed into the Inn and went to the table. "Some bula berry juice, please."OOC: So how we gonna do this?-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

IC: Iris"Once upon a time." Iris raised his hand, and a wall of iron blocked the fire from reaching him. With a flick of his wrist, iron spikes shot out of the wal toward Tuara.

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Avya (Ta-Koro)I looked down, feeling so helpless and frustrated I wanted to scream. "I just can't trust myself. Every time I turn around I remember more about the one thing I want to forget. I don't know where I came from; I don't even know who I am, but I know exactly what I did that proves how... how unworthy I am of calling myself a Toa."I bit my lip and stood quiet for a moment, then looked back up at Ara'kas. "I'm sorry. I know you want to help, but I'm so freaking messed up. You all have a purpose, and I'm just the dumb rookie who can't even control herself, let alone do anything worthwhile."

IC: "I think Raion's sister has something for him. Maybe. I barely remember anything after the fight." Gyren replied as he stood up. He looked over to the Po-Toa, noticing that all his wounds were healed."I can't even comprehend how a tattoo gives him super strength. There's probably no way to remove it; the Mark apparently feeds off of emotions. Like a parasite."

OOC: Aw, don't worry, it's perfectly fine! Things happen, we forget stuff, it's cool! Happens all the time! ^_^IC: Lux - Ta-KoroLux gulped nervously, now even more afraid of his impending training, "Okay, that sounds...educational. Well then, we should probably get going."With that, the Matoran began walking to the massive volcano, attempting to avoid being trampled by pedestrians. -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Solaris - Charred Forest EstateSolaris, the Toa of Lightning, leaned back in his chair and sighed. Perhaps he shouldn't have stolen that artifact from Po-Wahi. But whatever was bad for that crazy Vortixx was good for him. The black market recovery team in Ga-Wahi were so pleased, they gave Solaris a bit of a bonus. Must've been something important.But enough relaxing. That was yesterday's money. Today he needed some fresh air. So he walked out of his estate and onto the hidden trail that lead from his front porch to the rest of the Charred Forest.Today was a good day for a hike. Maybe he would finally speak to someone. It had been three years since he had last uttered a word.Shouldn't lead with that, though.OOC: Solaris open for interaction.IC: Mitenal (Mite) - Somewhere else in the Charred ForestMite looked at the tree. Why would someone choose this tree? It was easy to spot. What kind of markings were there? Some were Matoran symbols. Initials, simple marks, or a simple sketch. There were also some complex-looking characters in the bark. His Mask of Translation glowed softly as he noted each one. Then he moved down the trail.Of all the things he could be doing right now, he was stuck looking at trees. And the trail blazes on the trees weren't even that interesting. Of all things this was psychology rather than symbolism.Why did you choose to mark it that way? See? Psychology!Mite muttered a few curses under his breath. He banged his small fist on a weaker-looking burnt-out tree, causing it to collapse on him, knocking him out cold.OOC: Mite open for interaction.

Solaris: Electric Sentinel: Fluidic Master Nuva. It's... ALL ADJECTIVES!

IC: "Talk to Kamaehu. He's fought off that feeling before." Ara'kas turned to walk away, then stopped. An idea had started to form in her mind. It certainly was risky, but it'd would work. The silver toa turned back to Avya, pulling a knife from her belt. She carried two there, a small serrated blade for eating with, and the one she now held. The blade was longer and curved, a blueish silver. It didn't match with her other gear, no, it was the weapon of a killer. Ara'kas tossed the knife to Avya. "I got this knife the day my journey to becoming a true toa started. It first belonged to a vortixx, an assassin. So kid, if you think you're unworthy of being a toa, let's see you use it." Ara'kas then stepped forward, ready to block any retreat of Avya's. "Consider this; you're only two options here required the death of someone. You can either take yourself out, or try and go through me. Think you can do it the toa's way?"OOC: No, you cannot autokill Ara'kas. You can try to stab her though.

Progenitus Worldsoul

IC: "Let us get back to business, please," Tarc said in a somewhat impatient tone. He wasn't keen on this entire love business. There was a threat that needed to be dealt with."Tattoos can be burned off, can't they?" Tarc said. "It might cause a great deal of pain-but then again, it might be the only option."

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: The martial artist glanced up at the scene playing out before him, distracted from his food by the many mentions of combat, killing and such."Okay, I have no idea what's going on here, but I'm fairly sure it shouldn't involve a fight to the death, or killing oneself. That's going way too far." he said firmly, interposing himself between the two."This entire idea's stupid, believe me. I've had plenty of stupid ideas. What in the karz lead to this, anyway?" he asked, readying himself for battle, well aware that he had just positioned himself between two armed individuals.OOC: Raz: Master Buzzkillerinb4Jolekgetsattackedinsteadofanexplanation

Edited by Raz: Master Muscle Wizard

helo frens

IC: "Fight to the death? Where'd you get that from all this?" Ara'kas said, her voice carrying a distressingly carefree tone. "Sure it's a stupid idea. What's wrong with that?" Her voice then hardened, the carefree tone sharply turning towards cynical. "Do you honestly think I was going to let her go through with either option?"

Progenitus Worldsoul

IC: HakilveThe four armed Toa followed, checking his blades. This meant he was twirling them around, and doing some impressive tricks with them; without paying attention to them. This also meant people cleared a wide path around the group."I've been thinking, amazing; right? Ok, anyway, Lux, how do you feel about training for defence against elements?" Hakilve asked.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Avya (Ta-Koro)I reached out and caught the knife Ara'kas had thrown, the smooth metal hilt stinging my palm. The weapon was sleep and sharp, and looked like it could do some serious damage.Then I realized what Ara'kas wanted, and I stared at her incredulously. "What do you mean? You want me to kill myself or kill you?"I looked at the knife again. It gleamed in the soft light, as beautiful as it was deadly, but it repulsed me. I could feel the blood that this blade had known, and I wanted nothing to do with it, so I opened my hand and let the deadly weapon fall to the dusty ground."I've spilled enough blood already. I won't hurt you, Ara'kas, and I won't take my own life. Do what you like, but I won't kill again."

IC: Ara'kas chuckled. "I'll accept that answer. See, you're worthy of being a toa." She then stooped, picking up the knife from where it had dropped. Ara'kas gave Avya the knife again, this time handing it to her somberly. "Keep it. You'll need a weapon on this island."

Progenitus Worldsoul

IC: With a non-commital shrug, the martial artist returned to his food, wearing a rather bamboozled look on his face."I swear, the stuff you city people do... and yet I'm supposed to be the wierd one." He muttered under his breath, shaking his head in disbelief.So what, not knowing who the star player of the kohlii team's wierd, but issuing a life or death ultimatum isn't?Whatever, just concentrate on the food.

helo frens

IC: Avya (Ta-Koro)"Thank you."I accepted the knife from Ara'kas with a half-hearted smile. It was a beautiful weapon, but I prayed I would never be forced to use it to shed blood. And finally getting hold of even a simply weapon gave me some much-needed confidence: I was tired of touting around a kolhii staff as a weapon.I wiped my eyes, a little ashamed of my outburst, but grateful for Ara'kas' reassurances, however out-of-character they might be.

IC: Tawara, Ta-Koro"What exactly is goin' on? He's -- he's not dead, is he?" asked the Matoran as she looked down at Jikal's unconscious form.OOC: Sorry for not posting recently.And by the way... Troping Time!If you don't know what TV Tropes is, you should. Or maybe not, since it eats up hours and hours of time as you read more and more articles about storytelling conventions. So, anyway, here is my classification of the current group in the Five-Man Band format:Jikal = The HeroKitsune = The ChickRaion = The Big Guy and The LancerGyren = The Smart GuyTawara = None of the conventional classifications, but is definitely The Load (at present).

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)

OOC: Alaka, this amuses me to no end. Largely because it works. I suppose that makes Iris and the Mark the literal embodiment of Enemy Within?IC: JikalJikal was slowly starting to wake up. His foot twitched.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Ara'kas turned away, this time fully managing the walk to Kamaehu. Kamaehu stood up, an amused expression on his face. "That seems to have gone well." He said, pointing to Avya. "I see you finally got rid of that knife." "She needed it more than I. By the way, the kid's all yours now. I'm done with this sentimental support nonsense."

Progenitus Worldsoul

IC: Tawara, Ta-KoroNo, not dead, Tawara thought with relief.OOC: Actually, Iris would be a straight example of Enemy Within (If you don't believe me, go read the trope article).

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)

IC: Lux - Ta-KoroLux smiled kindly, and accepted the piggyback, climbing onto Readra's shoulders, looping his arms around his neck, adjusting his weight so as not to strangle the Vortixx.The Matoran raised an eyebrow at Hakilve's suggestion. It would probably be best to learn, just in case."Well, that sounds like a plan," he said finally, trying very hard to avoid the Toa's flying blades.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]