Bzprpg - Ga-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC:Pearl"Oh..." Pearl said, turning around."Um...I don't know if I should go...I mean, I was traveling with Zauk and Naru...and there back in Ga-koro..." "Oh, Please don't go Savina!" Pearl said, with a heartbroken face. "Ppppllllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeee!"

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

IC RavageWith the imminent threat of Savina's departure, Ravage did the unthinkable. He turned to look at Savina, sat down on his hand legs, and looked cute. He cocked his head slightly, eyes wide and pleading. He gave her the karzahni-forsaken puppy dog eyes. And he hated every minute of it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Gravity (Ga-Koro market)I could help but smile as I watched."Huh," I said to Hajia, who had scooted kinda close, "This sorta reminds me of these moving pictures I had on my old island."I realised something, and my face light up. "Wait. I just remembered something about my past!"

Edited by Acrophobia

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Marda, Ace, Ripley and Liir.Ace hurled the last of the Tarakava over the railing of the boat with his Mask of Telekinesis. Marda nodded, and pulled up next to Tooroko's boat."We've only got a few moments. Any plans?" she called over, hoping somebody had an idea. The endless stream of Tarakava was taking it's toll on her crew.

OOC: Wait a moment, there were tarakarva on my ship? I can't believe I missed that the first time around. But... how did they get there? Can they climb ropes or something? Oh well, it doesn't matter.IC: There were only a few tarakava left now, thanks to the combined effects of all the elements and artillary flying around. Those that were still above water, however, launched a new assault on Tooroko's ship, which had less defenders on board. With their strong arms and treads, they pulled themselves up the side of the ship. One fell to a cannonball from Tooroko, but he couldn't stop so many from boarding at once. As he could no longer shoot at the lizards, he grabbed his blade and sprinted up the the deck, arriving just as the rahi did.The beasts that faced him stood head and shoulders above most toa, and could almost look a Vortixx in the eye. Their reach far exceeded his, and their arms seemed as stong as the ship's mast. Tooroko charged towards the nearest one and swung at its body, but found his sword blocked by a punch. He pivoted and hacked for the neck, but the beast scooted back and threw a punch at his head, forcing the Vortixx to retreat.Trying to avoid the iron-hard blows, Tooroko bent low and stabbed towards its treads, and felt the tip of his sword sink in, but he wasn't prepared for the blow that caught him in the elbow and splintered his armour. It sent him half a step backwards, but the next moment he stepped forward and drove his blade completely through the rahi's body. Blood was leaking from the place where he had been hit, and his arm was at an odd angle, but all Tooroko did was let out a short laugh. the wound did not hurt him at all, which allowed him to gut the rahi when anyone else would have been on the ground in terrible pain."Take that you great beast" he crowed over the body, and beckoned to the others, all while laughing like a maniac. "Come get me!"

ppg2.png

IC:Out from the calm ocean, slightly inside of Ga-Koro, a massive thing sprung, exploding from beneath the surface as powerfully as a leaping whale. Its teal armor gleamed with droplets of water in the bright sun, and orange eyes gleamed from dark sockets. The mighty thing opened its toothed maw and issued a roar to the heavens. An infected mask was attached near its face, dull and rusted. It was a Tarakava. With its apelike arms, the immense reptile punched out, instantly collapsing the house that had been its target. The Matoran nearby scattered, screaming. As though summoned by this noise, two other Tarakava rose from the disturbed water, and they proceeded to deal out more damage. One unlucky Matoran was caught by a powerful fist, flung into the air, and thus thrown into the waiting spikes of the Koro's fence and impaled. Others were scooped up by the jaws of Makuta's beasts and torn limb from limb. More houses were wrecked by the slinging blows of the Tarakava.The noise of the attack summoned aid quickly - the Koro's guards arrived with their disk launchers and pikes with Turaga Nokama in the lead, trident in hand. She shouted orders to her guards, and they adopted a firing formation. The guards felled one of the Tarakava with their disks - a lucky blow to the infected mask rendered the creature useless, and it retreated into the water. But, though the Ga-Koronians had defeated one of the Rahi, they had fallen for a larger trap. Nokama, who was courageously standing near her defense squad, was close to the lip of her lily pad. Too close. One of the Tarakava, spotting its prize, grabbed up the Turaga, and darted down beneath the surface too fast to be stabbed or hit with another blow. Nokama tried to scream more orders before she was taken beneath the water, but the waves quenched her voice. Immediately, the guards and other denizens of the Koro who had been watching, displaying great cool-headedness, sprinted to the docks and dispatched boats at immense speed. But they were too late. The ripples from the Tarakava had already been swallowed by the sea. The Matoran had moved fast, but the Tarakava faster. They had effectively disappeared. ...Some minutes later, the Tarakava that carried Nokama surfaced again at a wet, rocky cliff along the shore, far from Ga-Koro. Nokama, without breath after too long a time, sputtered and gasped. The Tarakava's immense arms were not escapable for a being so small. Nokama had only one choice - to wait, wondering why she had been brought here. It wasn't long before she found out. From above, probably from the top of the cliff, an immense dark mass rushed downwards. As it progressed, the nebulous of shadow took shape, developing thin, fingerlike tendrils. With surprising deftness, this black hand grabbed the Turaga gingerly from the grasp of the Tarakava, while simultaneously crushing the upper body of the Rahi as easily as Nokama could have pulled apart a piece of seaweed. The Tarakava, its head and shoulders now a mass of bent, broken metal, fell backwards into the water, dead. Nokama watched as the fingers of darkness coalesced and formed a cage of shadow around her, lifting her up the cliffside. When it stopped, Nokama was hundreds of feet above the water, hovering across from a dark Toa who stood on the cliff. Nokama's immediate impression was that he was immensely good-looking, and that the smile on his face was pleasant. The Toa's smile was, though, not one of kindness. It was one of satisfaction, and this was the next thing Nokama sensed. Nokama felt the shadows of her prison grow closer, and she could feel their power as they pressed against her. Her vision was cut off by the darkness, and she could now only tell where she was going by the sensation of movement. Her orb of shadow hovered forward, towards the land. The inside of her prison then drew closer still, closer around her head, such a headache-The pressure at her temples knocked Nokama out cold. Heuani let his shadowy sphere dissipate, and caught Nokama before she hit the earth. The Toa of Shadow slung Nokama over his shoulder and, with the Turaga, approached the edge of the cliff and faced the sea. Holding tight to his prisoner, Heuani jumped off the cliff, falling at great speed towards the ocean.But there was no splash. Heuani had evaporated into the shadows of the cliff.OOC: Nokama is officially taken. Have fun.

test2.png

OOC: Mr. Mothra, um, yeah.Karz.My character was interacting with her. :lol:Uber lol.IC: Zauk (Nokama's hut)Before he could hand the Turaga of Water the note, she suddenly dissappeared to go and lead the defence of the Koro. He turned towards Naru and said three words, "What. The. Karz?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: How could you?! A diversion?! And on my first mission, too!IC: Mantoxis was fighting as hard as possible. As one Tarkava punched, he grabbed his fully extended arm and threw him into the other tarkava. Mantoxis smiled in satisfaction, but it was short-lived. The rahi seemed to keep coming and coming, and soon it was impossible to keep the blows from raining on him. He magnetically blasted all the enemies around him away, then turned and ran towards his allies. All of a sudden, the rahi began to dissappear. All of a sudden, Mantoxis had a sinking feeling. He looked toward the mainland, and saw the damage caused by the real group of tarkava. "It was a diversion!" Mantoxis cried, "we're too late!"OOC:slightly changing quest toward recovering turaga. If any of you object, I understand. Either way, I'm going after that "mystery" man, and you're welcome to join.

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

OOC: OKAY THAT'S IT SAVINA AND CO ARE GOING BACK TO GA-KORO! Though Savina isn't gonna be able to say no...so make up a reason to go back for me... :PIC: Savina - Clearing -Savina looked at the two, pleading with her, between Pearl pleading and Ravage's puppy dog eyes, she was overwhelmed.She closed her eyes, "Okay! Okay! I can't say no to that....but...could we at least go back to Ga-koro and tell them so they aren't worried about me?"

Edited by Snelly the gelotophobic

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: MardaMarda leapt across the gap between the two ships and landed gracefully next to Mantoxis."This is getting to be less fun and more intriguing. Who would kidnap the Turaga?" she wondered. Then she turned to Mantoxis."If you'd like to come on my ship we'll pursue. But he was a Toa of Shadow. Even from here I could see the darkness clinging to him. I'd know that sight anywhere. It won't be easy." she offered.

Edited by Ace of Skulls

OOC: Sure, but where are you going to start looking? The tarakava that took Nokama was well out of sight underwater. In the mean time, there was one more thing I wanted to do...IC: As the rahi disappeared over the sides, Tooroko found himself panting from exertion. It had been difficult to fight off the rahi with his injured arm. He was just going to answer Marda when the boat was rocked by an huge impact below the waterline. The deck, now at a steep angle, threw him from his feet before another blow struck from the other side. It seemed that the rahi were not done. Many of their number had been hurt or slain, now one had come to avenge them - the tarakava nui, king of lizards.

ppg2.png

IC: "At this point, I'm expecting anything," Mantoxis replied. "If someone dared to take the turaga right in front of us all, he must have great power, indeed. I wonder who has done this. As it is, we will pursue." He turned to Tooroko. "I have alread-All at once, everything happened.Mantoxis and Rockosis were thrown into the sea. He decided it was time to ask, "Toa of Air, can you join with us?"OOC: Ace, would you like to join into a nui fusion? Lorax, I was guessing to look at the cliffs for clues, then go inland. I'm guessing that the shadow toa took them to the center of the island.

Edited by Rocka's Bane

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

OOC: Sadly, forming kaita is outlawed in this game. :( They are too overpowered.IC: "Mantoxis, stranger!" Tooroko called after them, before diving off the side as the boat rocked again. He didn't know what he could do against such a monster in its home domain, but he didn't want to leave his crewmates to its mercy.The tarakava nui gave the boat one last pounding with its powerful limbs before turning towards the two toa who had fallen in. It hissed menacingly and advanced on them, before throwing a punch at the toa of plasma.

ppg2.png

IC: Rockosis saw the puch coming. He simply smiled and let the punch come. At the last moment, he activated his Calix. "You missed," he said to the monster as it drew back. "You picked on the wrong person," he said, beginning to superheat the water with his powersMantoxis guessed what the toa of plasma was about to do. He shot back, using his mask to lighten the gravity of those around him, and using his power to repel himself from the monster. "Prepare your powers, and ready a concentrated blast at the rahi! Maybe we can drive it back!" He tried to slam a spiked fist into the rahi, but could not penetrate the armor. He then located his spears and pulled them to his hand, along with several junk pieces of metal, and a old, strangely unrusted bamboo disk launcher. "It just might work..." he thought, beginning to attach one of his spears and the launcher together.OOC: Oh, well

Edited by Rocka's Bane

BZRPG profiles

OOC: Rocka... I say again, you can notuse a Garai's power on yourself. And I don't believe Masks of Intangability are allowed in the RPG. :(IC: MixmasterThe Skakdi was bored. To say the least. Having nothing to do, he left Ga-Wahi and made his way back to the Koro of Fire.OOC: Mixmaster to Ta-Wahi.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Acrophobia has a point. It isn't on the list of allowable masks. In order to use a mask of intangability, you would have to get permission from the staff, but if it ain't on the list of allowed masks, I don't like your chances. :( Maybe just change the mask. ^_^IC: Tooroko hit the water 20 bio from where the two toa were facing off against the rahi, and swam towards them as quickly as he could. Meanwhile, the enraged rahi wasn't put off by the hot water - it only got even madder, and sent a volley of punches at Mantoxis, putting a large hole in the launcher.

ppg2.png

IC: Onuzek"Dah..... um...... What just happened?" the titan asked.Things were moving too fast for him to follow. It seemed like most of the group left, and then someother people are leaving. And it just got the poor Toa confused.IC: TehlinHe turned to Vacir, the Toa of Plantlife was really confused to what had just happened."Uh... Were Tarakave just attacking the village...? Or am I going completely nuts?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: A mask of intangibility (mask of unhittableness) is in the tier of the Sanok (mask of autohitting), Kualsi (mask of cheapness), Suletu (mask of metagaming) and the like, where they're fine and dandy if used responsibly, but extremely prone to cheapness. Better play it safe and change it imo...IC: Vacir was about to reply when a sudden commotion drew his attention. He rushed with Tehlin back in the direction of the docks, arriving to find utter chaos. It was clear to Vacir that he was now standing in the littered aftermath of a battle. He began to ask around concerning what had transpired there. Upon piecing together the bits of information that he had learned, he quickly understood that Turaga Nokama, whom he had sought, was gone, and with her anything he hoped to gain from her vast knowledge. His resolve forged anew, Vacir strode purposefully to Tehlin, and addressed him tautly."It appears we do not have the luxury of casual discussion. I need answers. Now. I am going to the marketplace to purchase commodities, and then departing for other parts. The time for talk is clearly ended; accompany me in deed if you so choose."OOC: Vacir's headed your way, Gravity/Hajin...

OOC: I am so confused. Can Lorak or Bane please explain to me what the karz is going on?IC: Marda, Ripley, Ace and Liir.Marda stood on the deck of her ship, watching the ocean around her erupt into chaos. She looked to Ripley, who was tapping her foot impatiently on the deck, then to Ace who was lazily swinging his chains awaiting orders, and finally to Liir, who was using his pinwheel blades to carve niches into the deck. She sighed, and sat down, rubbing her temples."My head is starting to hurt. I haven't used my power on anyone lately." she mumbled.

Edited by Ace of Skulls

WARNING: A measure of metagaming is going on in this topic. Nobody should have seen Heuani, because nobody knew in which direction the Tarakava went, and I specified in my post that the Rahi that took Nokama dropped her off a good distance away from the Koro, somewhere out of sight. If your character "saw" Heuani, and somehow knows that he is a Shadow Toa, (the likes of which are completely unheard of on the island at this point), I suggest that your character immediately un-know such things.

test2.png

OOC: Apologies. I tend to skim. :P Also, I personally wrote in the "It's a Shadow Toa" because Marda has been confirmed as a Makuta-made being, so I figured she would have at least a vague knowledge of these things. If it's a problem, consider it un-known.IC: MardaGiving Ripley a nod, Marda and the Toa of Iron leapt from the ship into the water and swam as fast as they could to where Tooroko and Mantoxis were fighting the Tarakava Nui. The two exchanged a glance, and Ripley took off, charging the lizard head on with her claws ready. Meanwhile, Marda swam up behind the creature silently, trying to connect her hands to its head. If she could just make contact, the thing would be completely immobilized.

OOC: So I'm conrolling the lizard now? OK.IC: The lizard responded to Ripley's charge by tearing through the water head on, away from Marda and towards the toa of iron. It prepared to deliver a strong punch to the toa's mask as soon as she was within range of its long arms.Tooroko popped up to the surface to take a breath of air, and then dived back down towards the tarakava nui.

ppg2.png

IC: Zauk (Nokama's hut)Before he could hand the Turaga of Water the note, she suddenly dissappeared to go and lead the defence of the Koro. He turned towards Naru and said three words, "What. The. Karz?"

OOC: Well, I didn't get any reply about the note anyways, so let's stick it back in the "not important" bag. :)IC: Naru (Ga-Koro)Seeing the Turaga get pulled under, Naru didn't hesitate for a moment. Knowing that her throwing knives would do nothing underwater, he instead let loose a focused beam of plasma towards the Tarakava's last know position. The ocean sizzled and steamed from the extreme heat, but try as she might Naru could not do anything useful. The Turaga was gone."Curses!"She spun to face Zauk, enraged from the sheer audacity with which the Rahi had attacked. She usually melted such Rahi without much trouble This would not do."We go after them," she growled, already looking for a boat. Unfortunately, the Ga-Matoran had taken them all, and their search did not seem to be yielding any results...

OOC: Sorry, changed mask to that of Calix. BTW, Gravity, a Garai can be used on oneself.IC: Mantoxis saw what was going on, but he was busy. He had finally attached the launcher to his staff, and primed elemental energy into it. He launched it at the great beast, hoping it would have some effect.Rockosis, however, was not just hanging around. He had discovered the beast feared heat, and was using it to his advantage, blasting the rahi whenever he was not doging punched. A Calix cannot be used forever, though, and Rockosis soon found himself flailing through the air, loosing his katana in the process.OOC: When exactly do we "defeat" the Tarkava Nui?

BZRPG profiles

OOC: I shall quote Biosector01:

Its (Garai) power cannot be used by the wearer on himself/herself.

;)IC: Zauk (Ga-Koro)Zauk tried to help in the attack as best he could, but he couldn't exactly eletrocute any of the Tarakava, unless he want to fry anyone else in the water as well."Yeah," he said, already looking for a boat.Unfortunately, like Naru, he found that the Ga-Matoran had taken all of them already. The Toa of Lightning used the scope on his mask, scanning even farther, but he still couldn't find a craft to use. Zauk shook his head, "We can't. They already took all of the boats."The teal armored Toa then turned his attention to the Ga-Matoran searching. Even without the scope on his mask he could tell the search wasn't going well.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Hajia & Hound, Ga-KoroHajia perked up. "Moving pictures? Hey, that's something from your-" She started before Gravity realized it for himself. "So what is a moving picture anyway?"Hound was now growing angry at the merchant, and he slowly clenched his hand into a fist. "I'll give you 4000 widgets for that one." The merchant offered."6500." Hound growled back."6000.""5999.""5500.""5999." The pair of them haggled. As Hound repeated the number, the skakdi sighed. "Fine." He grunted as he handed him a gigantic bag full of widgets. Hound smirked, drug the temple squid to the back of the merchant's shop, and began to walk away.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Marda and RipleyRipley, quickly jerked her body sideways, dodging a punch by the lizard, and used her power to immobilize its body. Marda once again tried to swim up behind it, laying her hands on either side of its head and forcing her will into the beast's mind. If it worked, the thing would be too disoriented to fight back.

Edited by Ace of Skulls

OOC: When exactly do we "defeat" the Tarkava Nui?

OOC: About now,I think. This fight has been cool, but there is no way the rahi is pulling through what's just hit it. Let's not drag it out.IC: With its limbs under the toa of iron's control, the tarakava nui could not do anything about the spear being launched at it, nor the power of Marda's fingers. The spear pierced its gut while it was completely disorientated. It tried to raor in pain anfd confusion, but its jaw would not be moved. All that escaped was a gurgling as the rahi tried to escape, but could not. It couldn't even tell which way was down, or where it should go to breathe. The final blow came as Tooroko drove his swod through the monster's neck. The rahi went still.Tooroko swam back to the surface for a breath of air. "Fish food" he spat down at the "king of lizards", and kicked towards the boats.

ppg2.png

IC: Mantoxis smiled, and pulled the spear out of the Tarkava's gut before it slowly sunk into the sea. "Well, that was fun, have another go?""You've got to be kidding me," Rockosis spat back."You're right, I am," Mantoxis replied. "I think you're rubbing off on me. So... now what do we do? Something bad obviously happened in town, and I think we should investigate." he turned to Tooroko and Marda, "I have asked much of you two. If you are tired of this and want to leave, I understand. But Makuta's hold on this island is tightening, and I cannot stand it any longer. You're welcome to join, if you want."OOC: and so my quest begins. Gravity, a staff member (a certain giant moth) told me I could use the Garai for such purposes.

BZRPG profiles

IC: "Just one thing first" Tooroko declared as he climbed back aboard his ship. "I want to know who this orange guy is, how he got on my ship and what he wants." His smile of victory was completely gone now, repleced by a steady frown and suspicion of Rockosis.

ppg2.png

IC: Marda, Ripley, Ace and LiirMarda and Ripley climbed quickly back onto the deck of the Iron Lady. Marda laughed, and Ripley couldn't help but smirk. They had just contributed to the death of one of the most feared Rahi on Mata Nui."I think I've had enough adventure." she said, and walked over to the deck, calling to Mantoxis and Tooroko."That was fun, boys, but I think it's time to part ways. Thanks for the adventure. I hope we cross paths again." she said, and the Iron Lady departed.

IC: "Sorry, but I myself don't know what's been happening to me the last few days. All I know is waking up in your ship, hating the water, and knowing everything but my latest bounty. If you want me, I'm for hire"Mantoxis turned to Marda, "Thank you for your help. It's been good working with others again, ever since... Anyway, I hope to meet you again, under better circumstances. Goodbye."OOC: Thanks, Ace, for helping with my first mission

BZRPG profiles

Ic: "For some reason, I thought you were a magical witch," Danerys said as she saw Cersei finish putting her "shrine" together. It was not as arcane as she had expected it to be."What else would you see?" Cersei responded."Sigils, codexes, azure auras, burbling potions, glowing cauldrons, maybe even a few brooms in a corner, but none of these things are present.""All my time spent here on Mata Nui has been devoted to the arcane, Danerys," Cersei said, not defending herself as much as giving reality to the situation. "This mechanism seems technical and based on engineering, but in truth it is as magical as a Magikarp.""A what?""A small, hopeless fish that features only one useless attack and is left completely defenseless against predators, but once pampered for a long enough period of time, becomes a fierce and powerful aquatic dragon capable of destroying villages."Danerys was just as confused as before. "Do these beings exist where you come from?""No, they're a creation of a pop culture game from a bygone era in a faraway world.""I still don't understand...""See!" Cersei exclaimed: "Magic!"Danerys was dumbfounded."Anyway, the shrine is complete," Cersei said, putting her tools down. "The only thing we need now are people to help power it. Anavel has asked me to put her into this in a special way, which I did because it is in part a produce of her imagination. However, that means we need at least six other people now.""People to power it?" Danerys asked, a little more confused. The entire thing was happening so fast and in a language she couldn't understand that she was left clueless as to most of the things the Vortixx was saying. "How would they power it? And why do we need them? It's supposed to be magic, right?""It is magic," Cersei said, sighing. "Unfortunately, the magic we need to do this requires a lot of willpower and energy. As such, we can't do this together, especially people like Anavel, you and I who will be at sacred corners of the triangle."Suddenly, Nixie arrived, rapping on the stone door if only to be polite. She was her usual cheery self. "I told you guys I'd know where to be! I see you've finished the shrine. My ball told me about it.""It is done, yes. We need six people, though.""Not a problem. You three just stay right here. I'll be back with six people. The more willing ones who seem to follow me anyway are usually at the bar doing their own type of fortune telling, if you know what I mean. They'll come without issue. Toodles!"Oooc: If you're still game for this, just have Nixie tell you about it vaguely and follow her back to the hidden lab.