Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC IraReally? Really?R E A L L Y?At first, Ira was so full of disbelief that he just stood there. Who would use such a conspicouous move? Then he realized he was going to have to defend himself. Withdrawing the flames from his body, he raised his arm, only his sword arm, and parried the strike. The rest of his body didn't move, except for his other arm, which blasted Kal in the face.

Edited by Constructman

OOC: Ye ninja'd me, lad, but my post still works which is awesome. Now edit in a post so I can edit in one of my own.IC-Kal:Kal smiled, shifting about to avoid the flames flying at him-he didn't completely, the heat running along the side of his mask, some of the metal peeling, but that didn't matter. As he shifted, he brought the blade of the staff straight down towards Ira's elbow, to sever his forearm off right there, all in one fluid motion.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: MadrihkFaced with a warrior behind him and another charging from the front, Madrihk did the only sensible thing and threw himself away at a 90-degree angle. With luck, they would hit one another. Or perhaps one was just a Mahiki-illusion? There were always those who molded their masks into other shapes to fool their opponents.The Toa of Ice chose not to dwell on it, however, and even as he rolled back on his feet and broke into another Kakama-powered run he decided that two on one would either have to be leveled to two on two... or back to one on one. He spotted his sword at a distance, making a dash for it while his opponent was momentarily distracted with his clone.Madrihk knew he had at least scraped Kuhrin somewhat, but whether it would be enough to make two opponents manageable he did not dare say.

IC Skaaraa (Tuapeka form)"Whoa!" He shouted. Using gravity, he propelled himself backwards to avoid skewering his ally. Once he stopped, he went back into his Tuapeka form, platinum armor and all. "Heh, not so dumb as you look," he snarked. "But hey, you've got to have at least some brain matter in there to run an organization like that. But then again, that amount must be tiny seeing as you're resisting us. Too dumb to live I say." He started to increase the gravity around Madrihk.

OOC: I feel the pain... of having missed fifteen posts in a battle character would have been awesome in. ::cIC: AckuneUnfortunately for Ira, Ackune had been tracking him throughout the entire battle, his Arthron proving to be extremely useful. Not making a sound, Ackune had made his way behind Ira as the younger Toa of Fire was distracted by Kal. Raising his warhammer up, Ackune sent the ax-blade down onto Ira's shoulder, where his heat-beam had injured him before.A burn was bad. A burn struck with a bladed warhammer was even worse.IC: KytheraThings seemed ot be getting better after Kythera had managed to avoid the bed of ice spikes, and despite her leg wound, she was gaining distance. She just... Might make it. That was her general idea, until a beam of ice struck her. Not quite in the leg, as Aexias was aiming for, but on her lower back. The impact threw off her stride, causing her to stumble, but not quite fall. That was, until the twin beams of pure heat hit her.She cried out in pain as the first struck the ice covering her back, melting through the both the layer of ice and a good portion of her armor. The second grazed her elbow, senting pain shooting up her arm. Her stumble turned into a fall, which Kythera managed to roll out of. But now, running was becoming a lot harder, and the grey armored Vortixx knew it wouldn't be long before the two Skakdi caught her.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:Cy spotted Madrihk going two on one with Makuta followers. Time for a little surprise. He targeted both with vaccum, cutting off their hearing and breath, threatening to make both Skaaraa and Kuhrin pass out. He shouted to Madrihk, "I have them in vaccum. Fight or flee!"Cy circled around in the air, weaving in patterns that would make him very tricky to hit. With his foes struggling for breath anyways, it was unlikely they could spare much energy to shoot him anyways.

OOC: This takes place just before Ackune turns up.EDIT: Ninja'd by Tabby.IC: KuhrinKuhrin rolled his eyes at Skaaraa's taunting. As a Toa of sonics, he knew more than most the value of saving the energy wasted with pointless talk. Madrihk was definitely after his sword this time, and Kuhrin wasn't going to allow that. Raising his own sword, he waved it in a horizontal motion, with the blade of his opponent's weapon in the centre of the stroke. A wall of quasi-solid deafening sound was erected in front of Madrihk as he ran, which used up quite a bit of Kuhrin's elemental energy reserves, but it wasn't like sound was in short supply in the middle of a battlefield. Hopefully his enemy would speed headlong into the wall without seeing it.Suddenly he found the air around him had vanished. Fortunately this meant that his sensitive ears weren't being smacked, but unfortunately it meant that he was going to die if he didn't take evasive action, which is what he did, in stepping out of the vacuum and into fresh, breathable air.This did mean the wall was weakened for a brief second or so, however...

Edited by Doctor Wotz

IC: Esao (Pala-Koro)Two arms, long, lithe, and in a layer of leather armor like that of an archer's, reached out and picked Kythera up as she stumbled, saving her from slamming face-first into the ground. Esao drew her into the shadows that he used for cover, drawing her close to him so that her figure didn't leave a bulge that Aexias or her partner could spot. When the two Skakdi were safely out of distance, Esao moved into the light so that Kythera could get a glimpse of her rescuer; her eyes widened at the intensity that burned inside his amethyst irises, his thin, determined mouth, and his face, sharp, quite good-looking, yet strangely darkened in a way."Are you gonna be alright?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Madrihk [Pala-Koro]"I really hate Makuta followers," Madrihk said, as he felt his body becoming heavier, somewhat resisting his attempts to lift his sword out of its earthen resting place by virtue of the gravity being forced upon his being. Still, it slid upwards, just as a wall of sound hit him head-on. Cursing, he rolled across the ground, his muscles aching underneath his now dirt-stained armor. This time, he managed to keep his sword in hand. With one more swift motion courtesy of his black Kanohi, Madrihk once again broke out of the elemental effects threatening to disable him. He dashed aside, and continued to do so at irregular intervals, regaining his composure - and settle his ringing ears - after being hit with such blunt force. He had few direct methods of attack that would work against multiple opponents at once, but that was why he was a slippery fencer and not a muscle-toting tank of a warrior."I will ask you the same question I ask others of your kind:" he said, during a momentary stop. "Why do you fight for a being that does not care if you live or die? Why do you throw yourself at us, at defenseless villagers, and at the island itself; when there is nothing to gain from it? Take over this island the way Makuta wants it, and you are left with a pile of bodies and some infected, mindless zombies. What are you going do with that? Play Kolhii at the beach? Infected versus reanimated?"Madrihk had never won fights by straight, brute force. Swift, cunning moves was his game, and so he drew out the fight with banter, since that was what they had initiated. The only resource he found himself lacking now was a healthy dose of poison to coat his blade in. That, and a flanker. The latter was provided by Cy arriving to distract both Kuhrin and Skaaraa at once. Madrihk gave a brief, courteous salute in response. Sound would not travel without air."You call me too dumb to live, yet you come at me in the middle of my territory."The ILF leader raised his voice then, calling for the people around him."Right, all you scurrying around! Our walls have fallen, our huts have been smashed, and there is no point in defending individual parts of this place anymore! Join forces, form a wall of steel and power that can not be broken so easily! If a bunch of Matoran held out at Kini-Nui, then we - we that have already smashed a much bigger hive of Rahi - shall hold out against these pitiful shadows!"He did not know if his rally would work, but he did know that if Kuhrin now targeted Cy to regain air and thus his own element of Sonics, then the gravity-user was left to Madrihk. A simple whirl of ice particles was flung in his direction, to keep him pinned between the cold and the lack of air.

Edited by Katuko

IC-KuAnLo:Behind Madrihk slinked a large Toa, moving with almost cat-like grace, something that couldn't be expected from his twisted body as he walked about."Interesting speech, Toa," the hunter growled. "Cute, one might say. Your love of this village, and those you lead, is admirable...However, as you think it your duty to defend the island, it is ours to take the island for our master." Hopefully his tactics in that point wouldn't be-or, rather, would be-as easily seen through as most people would think, his attempting to distract Madrihk so that Kuhrin could truly harm him.No matter what happened, the results would be to KuAnLo's advantage.

profiles i guess

IC: KuhrinAaannd that's why I don't talk in fights.Kuhrin ran forward, ignoring the pain in his feet, and slid underneath the whirl of cold, before getting back to his feet and throwing three shuriken at Madrihk. He looked up at his aerial foe and deemed him too fast to be shot down, and for the moment he wasn't causing any real damage to him anyway. Instead he continued running at the Toa of ice, making his location unclear with a horde of identical copies of himself courtesy of his Mahiki, and got ready to strike.

Edited by Doctor Wotz

IC: Onyx (Village Centre)Onyx did his best to stop the momentum of the swing carry him, which proved easier for a person with his powers. Zenix's attack landed true, just not where he intended due to leg movement. The clang of metal on metal reverberated throughout both swords and the heavy armour covering Onyx's shin, the impact causing minor damage compared to the likes of what a mace could inflict. Zenix had positioned himself perfectly so without missing a beat, the gatekeeper wasted no time to drive his knee forward on a collision course with his opponent's face.
IC, Zenix: Zenix moved his head to the side to avoid getting hit by the knee. The knee merely scraped the side of his mask. Zenix quickly jumped up and jabbed one gladii at Onyx's head while jabbing another at his side....IC, Verdi: Verdi looked down and pointed. "Sisk! Mahdrik's in trouble! Preparing to fire!" Verdi aimed the disk launcher at one of the Makuta followers (KuAnLo) and fired a volley of disks at him. OOC: Verdi shooting disks from a Gukko at KuAnLo, Kal. ;)

IC IraIra roared in pain. The wound rung with heat-that was it! Concentrating hard, a thin line of fire appeared around Kal and Ackun's necks. He was going to heat garrote the two, however-IC Skaaraa-Skaaraa snatched him off nof the ground and hurled him into the air. He needed something to get that air user and Ira would do just fine. Grabbing the toa of fire, he lifted him high into the air. Ignoring Ira's protests, he sent him flying down at Cy.IC IraWhat the karz was Skaaraa doing? Then he saw that Skaaraa was choking and that the toa responsible was. Right at his target destination. Smiling, he rolled into a ball with the point of his sword pointing downwards. He erupted into flame like a giant meteor.IC SkaaraaMeanwhile, Skaaraa, having let go of Ira, gestured to KuAnLo "finish him!" Even as he increased Madrihk's gravity again. Trying to ignore the cold, he created illusions all around Madrihk to confuse him. Enemies appearing out of nowhere, allies asking him for help, buildings exploding, anything to distract the ILF leader.

OOC: But wait what about Kal's attack he tried to go all Dooku on Ira an--Oh, what does it matter.IC-KuAnLo:KuAnLo looked up, seeing the disks whistling at him from above. He grasped one in one of his hands, ignoring the stinging in his palm as it hit, a welling of blood seeping out as he rolled from the others, before launching the disk he held at Madrihk's back.IC-Kal:Kal growled in frustration as Ira was lifted away, ignoring the burn of heat upon his neck, before watching the falling Ira. He focused quickly, bringing a stake of stone up from the ground for Ira to impale himself upon when he came to land, after he attacked Cy in the air.

profiles i guess

IC Ira"Not good!" He thought. Timing his sword strike perfectly, he struck the stone stake with his sword. As Newton's third law dictates, Ira was pushed off inn the opposite direction, therefore avoiding a grisly death. Crashing onto the ground with an explosion of fire, he got up and advanced on Cy.

Edited by Constructman

OOC: Yo, an ally throw and a gravity increase is enough to respond to, if you're not gonna just change to throwing rocks as well while I write. Please don't do that. Turning to break off a stone column would be just the perfect opening for running you through with a sword, for example, or at least have time to throw an attack of my own back in between.IC: MadrihkThe fight was getting chaotic again, and standing in one place was not good. Not good at all. Just as he broke away, however, Madrihk felt the impact of something embedding itself in his left shoulder armor. A shuriken. One more whizzed pat his cheek, another managed to prick him in his thigh. Leaving them in, he counted himself lucky that they had not hit something more vital - such as an exposed joint - and withdrew once more.He had moved at just the right time, if the heavy object passing through where he had just standing was any indication. Madrihk only caught the shadow of something large and round disappearing into his peripheral vision. His eye was on the dangerous Toa of Gravity, and him alone.His Kakama could somewhat negate the gravity effects that were now more accurately trained upon him after their brief exchange of elements, but Madrihk felt himself slowing down a bit. Luckily he was let up again for a brief moment as Skaara threw his own ally skywards. With this relief, he managed to whiz around Kuhrin before the Toa's sword could reach him, and prepared his own blade for the gravity-user, who came rapidly closer as the distance decreased.

Edited by Katuko

OOC:Um...bro. Unless something different has been said, I thought those were bamboo disks. They would splinter and shatter against a stone stake like that.In fact, metal would just bounce off, it wouldn't break it like that. And the end is no 'huge piece of rock.' Have you ever seen a wooden stake before, like the type Vlad Dracula used to impale his victims?

profiles i guess

OOC: Thanks ;)IC: Onyx (Village Centre)Onyx didn't bother strafing to the side, he was more than capable of taking a hit from a blunt sword. The most he did was steer his head to the side and drop his weapon entirely, the gladius brushing his cheek while that same clang of metal on metal resonated as he felt the other blade hit his side. There would be some bruises, nothing Onyx couldn't handle though. Before Zenix could retract his gladii however, Onyx was quicker and tackled the being to the ground, slipping both arms around the Toa of blackfire's torso as he did so. In a flash, they clamped tightly and begun squeezing, muscles bulging as they threatened to crush his ribs and stop him from breathing if something wasn't done in time.OOC: If that's too auto-hitty, pm me and I'll edit.

Edited by TX Wade

IC: KuhrinThe shuriken had hit; Kuhrin and anyone else who picked up on it now had open wounds to target. With a thought, all but two of his army of copies charged after Madrihk, without being slowed by the pain the real him had in his foot. The remaining two mimicked his movements exactly, however, and it was impossible to tell which was real and which was copy. Kuhrin did not pursue Madrihk, choosing instead to stay put while his illusionary minions did the job of disorientating his foe.

IC: DesukaReceiving a slash down its side, the creature skidded to a halt, growling in pain. It came back up on to its hind legs and examined the deep cut curiously. If it was so strong, how could it take damage so easily? A small trickle of blood trailed out and down to the monster's hip. It could bleed; it could be killed.With this new realisation in mind, it turned to face Kethrye, circling him and waiting for the Toa of ice to make the next move.
IC: Plagia Simul - Pala-KoroUnfortunately for Desuka, there wouldn't be a next move for him. As soon as he had turned to face Kethrye, I had pushed off of the ground, drawing my sword, aiming it down so that the momentum of my fall would cause it to sever the creature's arm from its body.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC MadrihkThe toa of ice dashed off. Skaaraa looked around before realizing that Madrihk had a kakama. Then he had a plan. Smoke started to appear around him to disguise his movements as he quickly rose into the air. Nadrihk's kakama couldn't get him up here. More and more fog started spewing out from nowhere to further disorient the ILF leader, who should be having trouble with Kuhrin's own illusions.

IC: Onyx (Village Centre)The moment Zenix's hands lay on him, he recognized his mistake. White hot pain seared his arms as he was just a little too late to let go, his reflexes forcing him to retract his arms and sit up before any more damage could be done. Serious burns ravaged his skin and darkened its already blackened colour but Onyx didn't take the time to inspect his injuries. No, he reacted in a violent rage, focusing all his anger into his fists while he did his best to ignore the excruciating feeling in his arms, his elemental tribe's natural endurance kicking in. When both Toa initially landed on the ground, Zenix had his back to the earth and lay down flat contrarily to Onyx who now sat on top with the advantage, pinning his enemy's waist to the ground with his legs. It was then that his hands came down, poised to punch the living karz out of Zenix, coupled with a fearsome cry of pain mixed with fury.

Edited by TX Wade

IC: KytheraThe Vortixx felt two strong, leather-armored arms grab her before she hit the ground. These same arms pulled her into the shadows, pressing her into their owner. It was a while before the two Skakdi passed, Kythera counting the passage of time with her ragged breaths. Then they were gone, and the grey-armored Vortixx finally got to see her rescuer. He was a Toa of Fire, judging by his red armor, somewhat good looking, with a Volitak placed upon his face."Will be," she replied, leaning up against the hut for support. It was now that she felt all of her wounds come crashing down on her. And there was quite a lot of them. The long cut along her upper chest had opened up, her stomach and upper back armor was crushed from blunt blows, her shoulder was badly burned from heat vision, and her left leg had a small; but deep; cut on it. However, the worst was by far her back, the armor there was shattered from the rapid freezing and heating, while the organics and mechanics underneath were burnt and melted. "Thank you."Just don't... Pass out, she thought.IC: AckuneThe old Toa of Fire once again tried to get a grip on the situation, before deciding on an action. Rasing his warhammer, he launched a spread of three fireballs at Skaaraa, as the Toa of Gravity was distracted with Madrihk.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC TerzakTerzk gestured to where verybody had conglomerated around Madrihk. "Look like trouble," he said.IC SkaaraaSkaaraa continued to levitate in the air, creating illusions. The illusory fog that surrounded him was spreading.Then three fireballs flew out of the fog.Skaaraa was barely able to dodge. In shock, his illusions almost disappeared. "Hm," he thought. "I'll give him something to worry about." An army of illusory Skaaraas charged out of the fog.OOC of all of the people who could be AFK at this time, it's the guy who's choking Skaaraa and Kuhrin?

Edited by Constructman

IC: Esao (Pala-Koro)Kythera felt herself being lifted up as she closed her eyes, exhausted, but she was in no state to argue. She heard the sound of an opening door and felt herself being lowered carefully on the bed, and when she opened her eyes, Esao had a long, thin pianist's finger held to his equally thin mouth."Bula paste," he whispered with a wink as he withdrew a small container. "It'll take the sting off the burn and cuts. Gives them more time to heal naturally. Just be careful not to jostle the cuts too much, or they won't seal right."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Kythera"Your telling me," the Vortixx replied quietly, groaning. Running halfway across the Koro with more wounds than she cared to think about wasn't something she wanted to do again. Moving was the last thing Kythera wanted to do right now, so she merely closed her eyes and rested as best she could.The grey-armored Vortixx was beyond tired, having battle three different opponents within last hour.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Esao (Pala-Koro)After applying Bula paste to the burns on her chest, back, and shoulders, as well as gently cauterizing whatever cuts remained on her legs and upper body, Esao stood up and took a breath. Slowly, he removed the destroyed pieces of armor, revealing the organics beneath them, and placed them on a chair next to the bed the Vortixx was laying on.Kythera suddenly heard the sound of something heavy being set on the table beside her head and turned weakly to see it was a large gourd of water, mixed in with some herbs that grew naturally in Le-Wahi that helped alleviate some of the more major pains that came with fighting for your life for hours on end."It tastes better than it looks," Esao said quietly, an edge of humor in his voice, as he drew the curtains of the hut; looking around, he realized it was the same bar-and-restaurant combo he had first come here for. It was a fortifiable position, two stories, could hold out as a temporary field hospital. The man who designed it was obviously military - Sanctum Guard Only, the sign said. Huh."My name's Esao."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Onyx (Village Centre)Onyx wouldn't be fooled again, not by a similar trick at least. Midway through his swing, he'd stopped short at moment's notice when Zenix raised his hands, narrowly dodging a steady stream of black flames which tinged the air with warmth as he rolled over to the side. Clearly this guy wasn't going to have any of himself pummelled within such close proximity, so landing a direct hit would be tough, especially if it meant getting more burns than necessary. Still, close-combat was Onyx's speciality and he'd find a way to get in close unless this battle was to become an exchange of spears, cannonballs and flames. That could only last so long.The burly Toa put some distance between him and Zenix, picking up his war hammer as he did so and awaited his opponent's next move. The burns on his arm continued to eat away at him though not enough to strictly impair his performance. It was unclear whether crushing Zenix was worth those scars yet.

IC: Onyx (Village Centre)The sudden apparition of Zenix's twin duplicates was confusing at first but the multiple jets of black fire headed straight for him didn't give him much time to think on it. His best guess at the moment was that a Mahiki's work was at play, a mask he wasn't very fond of in the slightest. Best not to make assumptions though, this guy had already showed him up with an element not listed in the books. Onyx dropped his weapon since it'd be too cumbersome for a fight like this, sprinting away to find cover behind the remains of a hut as the blasts sailed aimlessly in open air with their target gone. Crouching down, he never took his eyes off of Zenix while a large, thick shield formed in his hand and a mace in the other.

Edited by TX Wade

IC-Iulius:"So, Tarnok," Iulius said, again breaking the silence, "How long has it been since you were at Le-Koro...Or, rather, have you ever been?" he asked, stopping by a small bend in the path, the leaves obscuring the view of what was beyond."Because it is now my pleasure to say: Welcome to Le-Koro, home of the speaking Brakas," the elder man said with a bit of a chuckle, letting Tarnok past to see the village in the trees.

profiles i guess

OOC:I don't think Skaaraa escaped the vaccum IC, but to save time debating, I'll just realign it.IC:Ira's attack fell short due to Cy's constant Kadin movement.Cy found himself annoyed by the tactics of the Mahiki users. Previous experience with Ziraul had taught him how annoying the Mahiki could be, however, and these were nowhere near the limit. Thankfully, experience with Ziraul had also taught him to detect them. He dropped his vaccums A weak wind blew across the battlefield, revealing the locations of those who were hiding behind their masks to Cy, as he focused on disruptions in the air current. Locating Skaaraa, Kuhrun and KuLaNo, Cy targeted them with larger vaccums-slipping out of them would take more time, and he would cause the vaccums to follow his foes this time.

Edited by Tabby: Toa of Cats

IC: Tarnok"We stopped briefly on our way to Pala Koro, on Ussalry Seventh's most recent mission." Tarnok replied, eyeing the tree top village warily. He didn't enjoy being so far off of the ground, though it was far from a debilitating fear. More a general unease.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG