Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC GennoGenno noticed a large scrowd gathering in the main square for some reason. Running over to the scene, he saw the figure of Turaga Matau bleeding out on the ground. Looking around, he tried to locate a possible perpetrator, but alas, nothing. "Sniper..." he whispered, his grip on his glaive tightening. "We're dealing with the pros..."

Edited by Constructman

IC (Merror)

"Shhh," said Merror, holding Skyra in a comforting embrace. Merror was always the comforter, never the comforted. Because he was strong. Because he could take it. Because he knew that it wasn't just grand battles and heroic feats that would defeat Makuta. It was those small acts of kindness, those insignificant little doings of ordinary people, those emotional battles, that kept Mata Nui alive.

And that was what people like Echelon would never understand.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Kongu -- In front of Matau's Hut

The Captain of the Gukko Force, trudged forward steel-faced, and dark. Flanking him were his trusted commanders and lieutenants as other guards covered Matau's body with a dark cloth and carefully carried him out on a long, wooden board. The Matoran did not say anything as the body moved out of the grand hut, in fact, the entire village seemed to fall silent.

Not just the Matoran either, it was odd. Birds were not churping and insects were not buzzing. Even the bright sky seemed to darken as clouds congregated.

Then, the droplets fell from the sky.

Keeping his steely visage, Kongu walked inside the hut to see its occupants. A guard was still inside along with two Toa and some others.

"There will be... a memorial...," Kongu stammered, forcing himself to keep his voice level, "Sir, gather the people"

"Should there be a debriefing-" the guard began.

"No," the Le-Matoran replied calmly but sharply as well, "Not by me, at least. Gather witnesses to find out the full story, but I must see to the Turaga and his arrangements"

Kongu turned to see a shaken female Toa of Air and a Toa of Fire in tight embrace. Strangely enough, the Matoran didn't know quite what to say.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC:Miha ~Le-Koro Square, just outside Matau's Hut~

It was quiet in Le-Koro, something that just never happened. Something's wrong, why is no one partying? Her group continued through Le-Koro, walking as fast as they could to arrive at their destination. Merror of course asked someone what was going on.

"Officer!" he called. The Matoran turned, visibly shaken by whatever had occurred. "What happened here?"

"T-Turaga Matau..." the guard stammered. "He - he's..."

And with that Merror had left, leaving Havon, Miha, and Zealokan with the guard. "He's what?" Miha asked, not understanding what was going on. "Did he get attacked? Is he hurt?"

The guard, attempted to regain his composure, with some slight success. "T-Turaga Matau... H-He was just..." The poor Matoran couldn't seem to spit the words out, and looked to Havon to explain to Miha what he could not say.

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

IC: Skyra - Matau's Hut, Le-koro -

For the second time today I was crying into someone's shoulder. Was this ever going to end? How many more friends and family were I going to lose? The idea terrified me, as Merror embraced me I held onto him tightly, as if I was afraid I'd lose him next. There was a lot I needed to tell Merror, though I was hardly in any condition to.

Though I knew I needed to pull myself together, I was an officer of the Gukko Force after all. The familiar voice of Captian Kongu began to penetrate my ears, in my distraught I hadn't even noticed he was here...

I slowly let go of Merror's embrace, wiping the tears out of my eyes and turning to face Kongu. "Captain..." I said, my voice a bit shaky still, my armor was covered in blood and tears. Kongu for once in his life seemed rather speechless as he looked at me, obviously he did not recognize me, though I could hardly blame him for that, body-swaps tended to do that. I composed myself, my voice a bit stronger this time, though I remained sitting on the ground. "Captain it's me, Commander Skyra Daring." Surely he would recognize the name, though the fact the I, the female that was before him was claiming that name surely would raise more questions.

Before I had been quite prepared to report to my Captain and explain everything, but now I wasn't sure what to say. Turaga Matau's death had changed everything.

It was going to be long and miserable night for all of us.

IC: Havon - Le-koro Square -

Havon looked at Miha with sad eyes, it may not of been his koro's Turaga, but it still saddened him that one of the six elders of the island had fallen. Miha was looking at Havon for an explanation. He wasn't sure just how to break it to her.

"Miha...Turaga Matau is....gone."

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Merror)

Merror turned with Skyra to face Kongu. Now that his face was visible, the Le-Matoran would likely recognise him; they'd met more than once, the last time being shortly before Tamaru's death.

"Kongu," he said in greeting. "It's...good to see you again. I only wish that our meeting could have been at a happier hour..."

He gazed off in the direction that Matau's body had been carried away.

"He was a noble elder," he said. "Wise, but not humourless. Charismatic, but not detached. Venerable, but not burdened by it. He will be missed not only by the people of Le-Koro, but by the entire island. Without him, the world seems a bit less bright."

He looked back to Kongu.

"He will be remembered, by me and those who follow me," he said earnestly. "See to it that your people do the same."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: ZealokanHis head turned sharply to Havon, a rare flicker of fear in his eyes. 'You're... you're kidding, right? Matau can't be gone, the Turaga are supposed to protect us, to lead us.' He bowed his head in respect for the fallen. 'The Makuta destroyed my village, my life. If I know only one thing about him, it's that he doesn't do things by halves.' His head darted up again. 'He will try to kill the others. And there's nothing we can do about it.'

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC:Miha ~Le-Koro Square~

"Gone?" Miha asked, looking around as if expecting the Turaga of Air to just pop out and assure her that it was all a joke. "He can't be gone... He said everything was going to be okay." Tears began falling to the ground, something that seemed to happen to Miha all the time nowadays. "H-He p-pr-promised me that everything was going to be okay. H-He wouldn't have just... He can't have... Why would he have left us?"

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

IC: Lathon (Le-Koro)Lathon felt drops of rain patter against his mask and armor as he began to stand. Good they did a fine job of hiding the tears that ran from his emerald eyes. Once again Lathon felt the same murderous rage he'd felt once, long agin when he'd slaughtered a group of murderous skaldi. Again Lathon's very soul seemed to cry for revenge. He knew it was against the Toa Code, against his cry people, who were known to always be cheery and cracking jokes. But this was not a one for humor, of was a time for action.

IC: Havon - Le-koro Square -

"Miha..." Havon said, bringing her into a hug. "Turaga Matau is...is in a better place now. I know that if he could have stayed longer he would..." Even though Miha was very intelligent, she was still just a kid, she'd have a harder time accepting his death more than anyone else.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: TrizvanThe Ve-Toa sat on a hill, broodingly watching the fight with a scowl on his face. These intruders were ruining the beauty of his home. But though a savage he may be, a fool he was not. He knew that rushing in would get him killed. But he didn't think they would mind too much if he cut them off from the rest of the forest. Waving his hand, he grew a wall of wood between himself and the fighters, limiting them to the area they already had, and the beach. He sighed, having done all he could, and continued to watch from his vantage point.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

OOC: Insane elemental energy reserves? I'm pretty sure what Darylhii has done is rather mild.

IC: [Darylhii]

It was interesting, seeing his opponents throw everything they had at him in order to him down. Such things were rather easy to counter, although attacking from a range did prevent him from reaching them. If they had closed in on him, he probably would have fallen already under the mass of beings attacking him, although it could be that they were wary of his close combat skills.

A flick of his hand, and a wooden wall rose in front of him, before it was promptly set on fire by the electrical discharge. Seconds later, the magnetic pulse slammed into the Toa of the Green and sent him flying back several metres.

"I see you have miraculously healed your legs," said Darylhii, noting JL's state as he pulled himself to his feet. "Although most people usually recover from a near crippling in a greater amount of time than this."

Edited by Space Pirate

IC: JL

"I know," JL responded slyly, "And I like it. Surprisingly, thanks to you crippling me, I've gained something." He flicked his wrist, and two thin beams of electricity snaking up Darylhii's legs. It didn't touch him yet, but if he moved, he'd fall to the floor again, legs numb and nearly paralyzed. JL tapped his mask. "Perhaps it's destiny. Either way, this power I've gained...."

Touche.

"Is annoying, yet interesting." He flashed a smile. "So how, exactly, do you like the splattered tomato? Or do you want us to get more, to smear it all over your face a body?"

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: The Simul Crew - Outside the Fowadi - Fighting Darylhii

Three feet away from Rynekk's face, the stone crumbled into dust, flying past the Toa like a ghost.

"Good point," he said, more to himself than anyone else, "A stone? Too quaint."

Darylhii, he was good. Not only was he a master at manipulating his element, he was a powerful warrior. These, combined, meant that he was in complete control of this fight. He seemed to be able to counter each of their attacks without even breaking a sweat.

Solution: keep him off-balance.

With a flick of his wrist, Rynekk summoned a heavy stone shackle around Darylhii's left wrist, which, hopefully, would be enough of a distraction for someone to get an attack in.

A stone shackle? Classic pre-Makuta Rynekk, going for the non-violent approach.

I, however, was not nearly as pacifistic. I took my chance, charging Darylhii from the back, stabbing my sword at the fleshy connective tissue between his body and his right arm.

IC: "Peho Eniblad" - Le-Koro - Following Genno

The Toa considered Ril's name for a moment. It seemed peculiar, even for a being with no prior knowledge of names, but, as he didn't really have another option...

"Okay then. Name's Peho Eniblad," he announced, a broad smile on his face.

That would vanish in approximately three seconds, when screams began echoing through the village. Eniblad spun around, already spotting Genno running towards a throng of Le-Matoran, all of whom seemed to descending into hysterics.

Following close behind him, Eniblad watched through his peripheral vision as two villagers started moving... something onto a stretcher. No, not something. Someone.

The Toa caught glimpses of blood, metal, bits of flesh. Fortunately he had no concept of death, or the sight might have traumatized him.

"Sniper..." Eniblad heard Genno mutter, "We're dealing with the pros..."

"Sniper? What is... going on?" the Toa asked, hopelessly confused about the situation.

-Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: KehuriTapping into the surplus earth he had absorbed, he rose tithe surface, just up to eye level, to survey the scene. Oh, looks like they had him pinned down. Hoping to help all he could, he manipulated a fist of earth to enclose around the Toa's free arm. He gently set down his "smoke bomb" in case Darylhii somehow broke free.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC GennoThe massive toa turned to the newly christened Peho Eniblade. "Turaga Matau's dead," he said in a sombre voice. "Dude, he's not going to understand that," Ronin said in his mind. "He probably doesn't even know what a Turaga is!""A very important and well loved person is dead," Genno corrected himself.

IC: [Darylhii]

Someone in his situation would usually give up, assuming that getting out of such a state would be impossible. However, to Darylhii, surrendering to his opponents while they had the upper-hand was unacceptable, especially when it meant that he would be forced into confinement, so he would have to do all in his power to escape. A rather difficult thing to do, especially when electricity was circling his legs, being forced off balance by a stone shackle, and an arm of earth holding onto his other arm (and keeping him balanced) ... which was being attacked by somebody who thought engaging in close range with him was intelligent.

Wooden shackles formed all around his legs, and were promptly set on fire by the electricity flowing around them. Being burnt was preferable to being shocked, especially when it was simpler to fight when burning. He leaned forwards, and promptly swung himself around the earthen arm entrapping him, and slammed the stone shackle on his wrist against the incoming sword, cracking it as well as sending the sword slightly off course.

Now facing Plagia, with his back turned to JL and Dehkaz, Darylhii looked over at the earthen arm holding him in place and pulled, breaking his arm free and shaking some of the dirt onto his legs in hope of taking out the fires that still licked his legs despite the removal of his wooden shackles.

"I concede defeat," he said, turning away to head back into the forest. "Logically I would be unable to take on all of you in such a fashion, so we shall continue this at another time."

IC: Plagia Simul - Outside the Fowadi

Contrary to popular belief, the laws of physics do not allow for swords to plunge themselves into the earth every time they're knocked aside. This was something I learned quickly throughout my life, leading to me teaching it to... whoever it is that seems to be receiving this narration.

Darylhii's strike left me stumbling to the side, my sword clattering to the ground. It was a clever move, I'll admit. Something I should've seen coming from a mile away.

"I concede defeat," he said, turning away to head back into the forest. "Logically I would be unable to take on all of you in such a fashion, so we shall continue this at another time."

Another time!? He attacks a group of innocent people, fights us to a standstill, loses and then has the gall to announce to us that we'll just continue another time!?

"I'm not entirely sure you understand what's going on here, buddy," I spat out at him, snatching up my sword. "When you assault a group of people and you lose, you don't usually get a say in what happens next."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

IC: Rynekk Simul - Outside the Fowadi

A bubble of rage fought its way up into my heart. Concede defeat, yeah I could understand that. But where did he get off telling us when the next encounter would be!?

You can take him, Rynekk, a voice purred in the back of the my mind. It was lustrous, seductive, flowing through my soul like honey.

He's a traitor, a monster. You can defeat him, Rynekk, you can kill him, the voice continued, He doesn't deserve better. He scarred your friend, the Lieutenant. Kill him.

No.

Appealing to your humanity? An admirable act, Rynekk. Useless, but admirable. Your humanity died long ago, and we both know that.

No, it didn't.

Don't be naive. You can't rewrite all those lives snuffed out by your hand by joining the side of the angels. You've been touched by the darkness, and no matter how much light you bask in, you can't get rid of that.

What makes you say that? How do you know such things?

How do you think? Because I am that darkness, Rynekk Simul. I am the part of your soul you pray has died, but know in your heart is immortal. I will never leave you because I am you; the piece of you that you're missing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

IC: Delta Stratos - Le-Wahi Jungle

Even for an Onu-Matoran, Delta was particularly contemptuous of the jungle. The heat, the insects, the constant buzzing of creatures hiding the dank corners of the foliage. It all cried out to the engineer in an agonizing chorus of irritation, nearly enough to send her up the (metaphorical) wall.

What I wouldn't give to be back home... she thought miserably, swatting yet another mosquito away from her face.

Lux would probably be digging this place, Delta realized with a chuckle. That guy was like a bundle of positive energy. He thought everything was the most wonderful thing in existence, and wanted to share to with everyone in earshot (which used to comprise solely of a very snarky Onu-Matoran).

She grinned at the memory of the Po-Matoran adventurer. He was annoying, naive, hopelessly optimistic, lovably dorky... in almost direct contrast to her pragmatic, moody and cynical outlook on life. This, among over things, was probably the thing that had made them such fast friends.

Unfortunately, he was a wanderer, a nomad who went wherever the winds took him. And Delta... she was an engineer. A good one at that. She had a good life back in Onu-Koro, and she was content to keep it.

So the two split up, each going their separate ways.

Soon enough Delta had reached the Le-Wahi highway, still the ever-present portal back home. At least that hadn't changed too much in her absence. Quickly and quietly hiring an Ussal taxi, she started her way back to her home village.

She smiled, looking forward to getting back to her regular routine. If there was one thing Onu-Matoran were known for, it was their stability. There was no way Onu-Koro could've changed much while she was gone.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

IC: Lumira - Le-Wahi Jungle

I was high up in one of the larger trees in this jungle when I spotted two Toa amongst the foliage.

One of them had dark red armour, well-suited to to camouflaging oneself in the foliage, which led me to thinking that he was one of those guys who had gone insane and started living out here permanently. (Sucogu)

The other Toa had stylish black and gold armour, very prim, definitely not from around here. (Hau) So what were these two Toa doing together? They seemed to come from opposite spectrums of existence, yet they were here, training together.

A grin growing on my face, I decided to do what I did best; not think.

Slipping off the branch I was planted on, I grabbed hold of a nearby vine, allowing myself to slid down a few feet. Quickly, I kicked my feet up and off of the tree itself, swinging through the air, in a wide arc towards the ground--

--which I hit, face-first. Two for two, I was on fire.

Quickly climbing to my feet, I flashed a smile towards the two Toa, with a lazy two-fingered salute.

"Uhhh, hey there," I said, awkwardly, "Sup?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

IC: Peho Eniblad - Outside Turaga Matau's Hut

Eniblad remained stoic, partly out of respect for Genno and the villagers' sadness and partly out of curiosity. He may not have known what it meant to be 'dead', but if it caused this sort of outpouring of emotion, it couldn't be good.

But he still needed to know, if only to share in some part of their suffering, and perhaps to appease it somehow.

"What does 'dead' mean?"

-Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: KehuriAgainst another criminal, Kehuri would give chase. Now he glanced uncertainly at Dehkaz, rising the rest of the way out of the hole. He would love to teach the Toa a thing or two, but right now he wanted to get back to his Duty even more. In case Dehkaz wanted to keep going, though, he kept his over-charged energy reserve contained, green energy of the same color as his eyes crackling around his hands.IC: TrizvanSeeing the Toa that seemed to be the focus of the battle, he grew a thick, stout tree in his way. He didn't want this Toa to return to his jungle, where he could cause even more damage. The wild Toa slid down the hill to stand to the side of the tree, silently glaring at the Toa for a moment before pointing down the beach, wanting to say 'Not in the forest. Go away.'

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:Dekai muttered, "Thykius, admit it. I think we're lost. That's three-hundred twenty-seventh time I swear I've seen that tree-and that patch of mushrooms. Your 'ancient knowledge of the Land of Legends' isn't helping us with navigation. Things have changed since the last time we were here."

"You men can never admit when you're lost. I'll be glad the next time I run into someone who isn't as thick-skulled as a Dracon Charger Rahi. Namely another woman." Akami added.

"We're not lost." Thykius answered, turning around as he walked straight into a tree, which they had passed three-hundred twenty-six times before.

----

Miraul and his team sat around a campfire, recovering from any injuries, which were few to none, and analyzing the now-feared , but hopefully false information provided by Ziraul- that there might be traitors on the team. Miraul whispered his account of the fight to the others, and Ziraul's claim that the rest of the team worked for the Inferno.

Divan answered, "True or not, this information is devised to shatter our Unity-and without Unity, we cannot fulfill our Duty or complete our Destiny."

"The claim that everyone else on the team is against you, Miraul, makes it highly likely that the information is false-though some could be traitors, I see no logical reason to have assembled a team which seems to fight for the light in a moral manner, with only one member who actually served the light. The only two reasons this could be are if Vilor desired some kind of power over the villages, which we have no way to provide, since the protection of a singular village is most practical to gaining the image of heros. The other is if Miraul or Ziraul, and perhaps others are plants here to disrupt the function of a Toa team considered a threat to the Inferno-which is most practical explanation considering our single-minded focus to disabling their organization." Takamaz provided this long discourse, attempting what he always did, what any engineer would do-follow the information given to a logical conclusion."

Following the conclusion of Takamaz, Miraul looked around and began to seek a logical conclusion. "Then we need to take a look at the formation of this team. The first five of us, of which two are known as traitors, banded together to seek two things-the killer of Bijackal's sister, a Toa of Lightning whom Ziraul suspected had a link to our past, the second thing we sought. Divan, Ziraul and I knew each other's names on sight, so it was clear that we had encountered each other before even though we had no memories when we arrived on this island, and so chose to trust each other and work together. As it turned out, two of those in the group were traitors. It was kind of clear from the start-Tirax was brutal, consumed with rage-Ziraul was dark, sadistic, failed to follow the code. Their morals were poor and visible from the start. I only think of Divan and Bijackal as potential traitors for one reasons-They worked with the two. Bijackal was Tirax's own brother. My observation of your conduct makes me think more highly of you, but there is still reason for doubt-you could be better actors."

Bijackal interupted, "I'll have you know that Tirax just now claimed he and Matatu killed our sister. The question is, for what reason were Ziraul and Tirax there in the first place? Trying to corrupt me and her? Divan, by my logic couldn't be the traitor-when Ziraul, Tirax and myself found him on the shores of Onu-Wahi, my tracking vision clearly showed me he had washed ashore. This would have to be one elaborate scheme to be getting at just Divan."

"Unless for some reason they knew that there were more of us. Like me. Which makes some sense considering that I recognized Ziraul. That implies a longer history with the Black Inferno. The question becomes what was it, and why and how did we lose our memories. Mine have been coming back in fragments since the first six names. I remember that I used to make weapons-lots of them, and good ones, too. I remember desert, flying birds- bird-wrangling, we called it. Some of you-I could link you to the desert too, but it's still sketchy. I can remember some other names that come with the desert, too-Ikan, Akni, Kiraul, and there's this other one, a face...It's orange, but I can't make out the shape. Too fuzzy and foggy. There are other names, too, a couple I remembered when I saw this four armed being in Ta-Koro-when I asked him about them, he seemed to have nothing to do with them, though. Thykius, Akami, Dekai, and something that was a thing, not a person. Anzaros, it was."

Bijackal answered,"Then from our point of veiw, there are things to investigate in Le-Koro, Onu-Koro and Po-Wahi, Xa-koro too, if we can get there. Vilak, would you care to relate the past of your team since you arrived on Mata Nui?

IC: Dehkaz

What in the Karz was that?

The Toa of Magnetism considered going after the Toa of Plantlife, but decided against it. His head still felt like Karz, and there were other things to take care of. Namely Naona, who had completely broke down. Dehkaz unloaded the metal darts from his crossbow, slinging the weapon back over his shoulders as he made his way over to the Toa of Stone. The gunmetal armored Toa kneeled down infront of her, pausing for a moment as if unsure what to do, before reaching out and placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Naona?" he asked quietly, his deep violet eyes staring intently at the Po-Toa.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: TrizvanThe wild Toa tilted his head quizzically. He understood the individual words, but strung together they made no sense. A Braka dropped from a tree and landed noisily on his back. The Rahi played at the Toa's mask, hooting happily at the familiar Toa, who showed no signs of noticing other than to place a hand on its arm. IC: KehuriThe young Toa gently released the pressure of his improvised smoke bomb, letting it settle into a small mound. He grimly stepped over to the laughing Toa, worry written over his face. "Should... We carry her back to the ship?"

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC Oh no you don'tIC KokkinosUnbeknownst to any of them, Kokkinos had been tracking Darylhii for some time. Hehad found his opposition to the Maasi to be... interesting. "He's either a major ally," Kokkinos thought, "Or a critical enemy. Regardless of which, I need to have a talk with him." Levitating up to a nearby branch, he said in a soft, gentle, but commanding voice. "You don't usually randomly assault Guard members to you?"