Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: I was getting seriously burned out on waking up in the middle of nowhere with no idea how I'd gotten there.This time it was a clearing in some jungle. My eyes snapped open to find nothing but green - about every shade of the color you could imagine filtering through the canopy, what must have been a gentle wind stirred the leafy expanse dozens of bio above. I couldn't personally feel the breeze, mainly due to the fact that I was lying on my back on the grassy earth, hands folded on my chest. For a brief moment, the scene seemed to me profoundly beautiful, pulling my thoughts involutarily to-To what?I wasn't sure. But this unthought thought, whatever it was, put me on edge. I sprang to my feet. My sword stood next to me, point buried in the ground. I reached for it and froze.Wait.Images flashed before my eyes, and I reeled back, grabbing my blade for support, as memories of - how long? The past month? Year? Not that it really mattered - flooded my conciousness. The clearing. Pala-Koro. The hive the weddingGa-Koro- The images flashed more quickly until I could only get a vague idea of what I was seeing, but by then my head was throbbing too much to decipher much of anything anyway. Flames burst unbidden from my free hand as my vision detiorated to a flashing blur of color, flames that grew rapidly until they threatened to-And then nothing. I gasped for breath as my vision cleared abruptly and the pain in my head vanished. Seeing the flames engulfing my arm, I clenched my fist and, with some effort, redirected them into the sky until they had burned themselves out. Drawing my sword from the ground, I made my way somewhat unsteadily to a small boulder at the edge of the clearing and sat down.What in karzahni was that about?I didn't want to risk another flood of images, but I didn't see any other way of figuring out what had happened. Last thing I remembered...Ga-Koro. Yes, that made sense. The last clear image I'd seen was of the aquatic village, taking a back way between the huts and meeting-Meeting who?The memory danced just out of reach. I was sure I'd met someone important in Ga-Koro, someone related to...I grabbed my right arm with my left, pulling it abruptly into my vision and quickly looking it over, then doing so again more carefully, and finally a third time just to be sure. The timer was gone. And - I glanced over at my shoulder - so was the Mark. That must have happened somewhere in that blur of memories I couldn't decipher? Yes, because I'd definitely had both the Mark and the timer back in Ga-Koro. I quickly skimmed through the other images that now surfaced more slowly. Before Ga-Koro I'd woken up on the beach. How had I gotten there? Another mystery. But before that...I think I'd dropped in uninvited on the wedding of some Po-Koro guardsman? Yeah, that sounded right. And before that, of course, was Pala-Koro and the battle at the Rama hive - my memories seemed to grow clearer the farther back I thought. And I'd come to Pala-Koro after-I swore aloud and jumped to my feet as I realized where I was - back at the beginning, back where everything had started. Well, at least everything I could remember. And had I been thinking clearly, I might have wondered if this clearing had been the start of the things I couldn't remember as well, which would explain the panic that now consumed me far more thoroughly than even the hottest flames could consume the driest wood. But, needless to say, I wasn't thinking clearly at all. As before, the panic, the frustration, the forgotten memories boiled within me, trapping me, paralyzing me, until I could contain it no longer. A scream erupted from the depths of my throat as billowing jets of flame sprung from my hands and engulfed my arms, bursting skyward until my reserves of power had run dry.And then I ran.

Q2TtLEz.png

OOC: Hubert you're crazy Skyra was never called that. :3

*coughs*itwasretconned*coughs*

IC: Skyra - ​ Kunitu's Home, Le-koro -

I nearly fell of the bed, I stared at Kunitu, looking flustered. "I...never called myself that. You're crazy."

I was now on my feet, looking at Kunitu. "Well, I'm gonna let you get some rest, find me when you think you're sober enough." With that being said, I walked toward the door, as I opened it I found someone in my path.

"Oh...Sisk." I said as I shut the door behind me, looking at the Gukko. "How long have you been waiting out here? You could have knocked, I don't bite. Pretty sure Kunitu doesn't either, but I can't guarantee that."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Trizvan

Nodding, the wild Toa activated his mask to borrow the leaping power of a brakas, leaping to the boughs in less than a second. Muscles tensed, he sharpened his night senses by borrowing the power of the nocturnal Rahi the jungle housed. The thrill of the hunt didn't stir in the Toa, calm and collected and utterly stoic, he watched the hunter-turned-prey, as well as his partner.

IC: (Mehlnai)

The beast was too far gone, even with the infected mask pulled off it would still be too dangerous, to much of a threat to the ecosystem to be left alive. Her footsteps seemed to be padded as she barely made a sound moving closer to the beast. It's mind was clouded with rage, confusion, and fear. She didn't need to remind herself to be careful. One well placed swipe from a Muaka on an unarmed matoran would gut them, Toa themselves wouldn't fare much better. Her form was low, her shoulders tensed. The mud-covered Toa of Water, unslung her shield silently. She waited for a few seconds, the beast hadn't seen her, it did not smell her and she was lucky for that. Such luck was not be squandered. She snapped her water shield into her two hunting blades and leapt as the Muaka, slashing the beast in its right foreleg, scarlet seeped from the open wound. The massive beast roared and Mehlnai jumped into a roll, out of the way of its sweeping left paw. She spun around, making sure to keep her back to the beast as little as possible.

Mehlnai moved in a semi-circle as the Muaka did the same snarling, baring its yellow teeth. Two predators had engaged in their deadly dance. However there was still Trizvan and given that all its focus was on Mehlnai, he would be able to surprise the monster with his own attack. She did not count on it, counting on others, thinking about anything else other than the hunt. That, that would kill you. You had to rely on what you could control and take all the advantages you could. There was no honor in the jungle, just survival.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

The Toa pivoted forward on the branch at the right moment and shot forward with the proportional power of a flea's legs. Quickly changing abilities, his arms shot out with the Muaka's own strength, lashing out at a bare spot on its unsuspecting neck. All he held was a pointed piece of hardwood, but the power of his arms drove it into the soft flesh of the Rahi's neck. Not wasting a moment, he swung under it, violently ripping more flesh out with his momentum, spewing blood onto the forest floor. He spun about and landed in a crouch, bloodied wood still clutched, and a Rama's reflexes at the ready.

The wild Toa was in his element. He was king in this jungle. His impassive, blood-covered mask reflected the confidence he had. So long as he was home, he was not in danger.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

The Muaka might have been be able to handle one Toa, but these two Toa were like a pair of Kavinika, working together and striking at the great tiger's weaknesses. It was powerful and even quick, but it lacked the natural agility and being larger was a larger target. With its right foreleg stinging with pain, blood pouring from its neck. It was clear that if this fight continued on any longer it would have been unreasonably cruel. She would not allow that, she was a hunter, not a sadist. Her eyes narrowed as she watched it stumble, an opening.

The Toa of Water was primed one minute and the next she had already her blade into the side of big cat. Her mask, a Kakama shaped like a Kaukau Nuva had activated, Another strike and the Muaka collapsed to the ground. It weakly swiped a paw at her, blood still pouring from its open wounds, its vision blurring from blood loss. The lacerations were ever deep and blood flowed freely like a river with no dams. She batted the paw away with another slice and climbed up.

She said one word to the beast, nothing else.

"Aio."

Then she lifted her hunting blades high above her head and driving them deep into the tiger's chest. It dug through the fur, killing the great cat instantly. Its paws dropped and the its shoulders slumped. Mehlnai wrenched her hunting blades free, her arms covered in the scarlet blood of the beast. She took a deep breath, sweat dripping down her mask and over her muscled form. She would take a few minutes and get to work. She looked to her fellow hunter. He was clever, and resourceful. He attacked with no mercy as every hunter should. His attacks were quick and brutal, but he was restrained in some way, she could see it in his movements. To her ally she only said three words.

"Thank you, Trizvan." The blood-stained Toa got up from the ground as she said this and start moving back towards the Muaka. If she was gone to skin and prepare the beast before night had fallen completely, she would have to work quickly and with the skill that came naturally to the Huntress.

OOC: Hmm, I would have assumed that fight wouldn't have gone as quickly. Given however the two Toa attacked the Muaka and how much blood it was losing, it wouldn't have been able to fight competently against two experienced hunters. In case you were wondering Aio means "be calm" in Maori.

The wild Toa clenched a fist over his left breast and bowed lightly, his face still rigid as stone, though his eyes shone with exhilaration at the opportunity he'd had to hunt with such a huntress. He stayed silent, watching her work. He wasn't sure if he should stay for a few more moments or return to his home for the night.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Le-Wahi, the great jungle of the island. Untouched by the ravages of weather, by the island's malevolence. And yet, marred. A lone Toa sat amidst the wreckage of a small village. He seemed to have been there, lost in thought, for ages. In fact, he was probably rusting, under the thick robes he wore. However, his solitude was broken by an amused voice calling out from behind him. "Enjoying the view?" Behind the Toa stood three figures. The first was tall and a little on the scrawny side, dressed lightly in a leather shirt and pants. His mask, a Pakari, held a gleam of innocence behind it, mixed with an expression of quiet awe. On his back, a greatsword was sheathed, held in place by a belt across his chest. Next to him was a second Toa, a tad shorter and considerably more muscled, on the larger side of lean. Clad in a light set of plate armor, he leaned slightly on an iron halberd with one arm, the other hanging at his side, against a curved saber. His Kiril was worn with the troubles of a long existence of strife. Lastly was the speaker, shorter still than the others, whose well built physique was exacerbated by the heavy suit of armor she wore. Her longsword sheathed at her side, a gentle smile was upon the face of her Calix.

The Thelstane had returned.

OOC: Yeah, so I just assumed Hasil just sat there while he was in limbo.

IC-Hasil:

"Not particularly," Hasil replied quietly. "The island I had decided to help protect has lost one major stronghold of its protectors, the specific person I came to protect has become lost to me, and the person I was hunting has become lost to me as well. It seems that life has decided to teach to me the lesson of impermanence...at the worst possible time." A moment of quiet, with the others by him not quite willing to speak.

"Who knew life was a sadist?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

From what she read from the Toa's eyes he had enjoyed the hunt. The edges of her mouth curved slightly before returning to her plain, flat expression she normally had. It was time to skin and gut the big cat. Only a few of its internal organs would serve as food. She plate those aside, wrapping them in the thick paper she had managed to trade for while in Le-Wahi. Her cuts were clean, professional. When she was done, a great deal of meat had been cut away and packaged, she would cook and prepare the rest of the food and clean the fur back at Lake Pala. She took off the infected masks, stepping on them and tossing shards into another bag, she would dispose of these, when she could get to them. The Toa of Water seemed to over-encumbered by the weight she was carrying.

"I will be making camp not far from here. Upwind of the smell of the organs and blood she had left behind, some carnivore would wander and devour what she had left. It was best not be nearby when such scavengers appeared. She struggled with the words. "Would you...like to join? Can watch each others' backs during the night." She understood if her fellow hunter did not take her up on the offer. Currently she was weigh the advantages of working with Trizvan. She had respected the Toa and had seen his skill as a hunter for herself. Perhaps it would do her well to visit him often. The sun was setting, only a few more minutes before the jungle had became darker, and even more dangerous than it had during the daytime.

IC: "If you think life is a sadist, try death." Kamaehu answered, his mouth a mirthless smile. Arching his shoulders, he forced himself upright, off his halberd. He then bent down offering a hand to Hasil. "So you have lost much, I understand." His words came forth, at first a gentle acknowledgement, words of healing. But then they hardened to commands, words to rekindle a warriors spirit. "But you have not lost everything. You cannot sit here, enraptured by your failures, by your hardships. We are supposed to be the heroes of our world, the protectors. We are set upon by a god's nightmare. No handouts will be given to us. If we are to prevail, we must carve out our legends by our own hands. There are too many who cannot protect themselves, Hasil, for one who can protect them to stand idle. So why do you not stand?"

Progenitus Worldsoul

Marquis of making RPG profiles, but never actually posting.

"Strength through honor. Virtue through flames."

IC-Hasil:

"If you think I waited here for naught, you are incorrect, Kamaehu." Neglecting the hand beside him he stood, as lithe and graceful as ever. Despite the thoughts the others may have had, he was still in perfect physical condition, even if his robes were slightly tattered, his eyes a little more tired than before.

"I'm sure you understand what meditation is, and how it can aid one to find answers to the problems they don't immediately understand how to fix. If not, I recommend you try it some time, instead of charging off and getting another scar." He shrugged in his odd way, before gesturing in the direction of Le-Koro.

"Let us leave this ruin, for whatever answers it may have held are gone. And I fear that our time is growing all to short to find any more."

profiles i guess

IC: TrizvanThe Toa of Plants shook his head. He gestured in the direction of his dwelling and made a motion miming a roof over his head, to explain that he already had a place to stay. He would be glad to meet with her more often, though. The jungle was big enough for two guardians.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Ara'kas recoiled in mock shock. "Wait, there is a way to do things that isn't blindly charging off at everything you see? I could have sworn from watching him that that's the only way." Still grinning, she started to walk to Le-koro. "By the way, oh meditative one, where are we going?"

Progenitus Worldsoul

IC-Hasil:

"If current bearings are anything to go by, we'll be heading on to a wondrous little village by the name of Le-Koro," Hasil replied, dryly. He moved one of his hands to his Av'tlen, his short sword, unwilling to travel through the jungle without a useable weapon, his eyes darting back and forth, taking in every last detail that the eyes of those Toa behind him wouldn't see.

"Though if you want to go to a different village, I hope you brought food enough for the journey."

profiles i guess

IC: Plagia - Gukko Force HQ

Wow, that was... actually pretty sweet of Kehuri.

I shifted a tad in my seat, as if my new companion's words had made my current, casual position improper somehow, before replying with, "I'm... glad to here that, Kehuri."

Huh.

I really am that bad with people...

-Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: KehuriHe laughed quietly at Plagia's awkward response. Leaning as far back as he comfortably could, he stared at nothing in particular. "As a Matoran I always thought I upheld Unity the most," he said to both his partners, "but really, it wasn't until I joined the ILF that I realized what Unity truly was. It's more than just sticking together. It's..." He couldn't find the words on the spot and thought about it silently, half hoping Naru or Plagia would finish the sentence.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: As Ara'kas was surely about to respond with a similarly dry and sarcastic comment, thus setting of an interminable chain, Isfel decided to interrupt with a clarification. "I think she meant where are we going as in for what purpose, what are we going to do once we get there. Also, I'm pretty sure she'll punch you if you answer with 'Because we are in the middle of nowhere' Just saying." In a humorous sidenote for those whom would be observing closely, Kamaehu had taken this opportunity to mime walking into a closed door.

Progenitus Worldsoul

IC (Korero)

Korero was just opening his mouth to ask Stannis exactly how they were going to find the Keeping Place, when his intended words were suddenly made redundant. A brilliant flash of white-gold light flared into the night sky to the north-west, momentarily bathing the jungle in brightness for miles around. The flash was gone as quickly as it had come, but Korero could tell from his knowledge of the island's geography where it had come from: the Kini-Nui Valley.

Even as his teammates looked to each other in consternation, blinking the after-image out of their eyes, Korero leapt onto a rocky outcrop, peering into the distance.

"It came from Kini-Nui!" he cried. "That's a sign if ever I saw one! Come on!"

With that, he jumped down, hitting the ground running.

"Korero!" barked Stannis, caution in his voice. "Wait!"

But Korero had already disappeared into the trees.

The Toa Maru of Air laughed as he sprinted through the jungle. His new body was fast. His long legs moved like the pistons of an Onu-Matoran mining contraption, not pummelling the ground but almost stroking it. He felt the wind whistle against his mask as he sprang across the soft mounds of earth, manoeuvring between trees and leaping over boulders.

Korero was barely out of breath by the time the trees began to thin, making way to a long ridge of rock that bordered the valley. The pink tinges of dawn were not yet gracing the horizon. The Toa of Air stared up at the sheer rock-face, doubtfully examining the crags and crevices. There was no way he was going to be able to scale that alone, not even with his newfound powers and agility. He looked over his shoulder, realising that perhaps speeding ahead of the group wasn't SUCH a good idea...

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

Leah ran a few steps after Korero, then turned to look back at the others who were still looking in the direction where the flash had originated. She shrugged impatiently.

"Come on now, we can't just let him run off alone!" she called out to them. Sulov was the first to start moving then, the others following a second later. Together they hurried after Korero, Leah leading the way. She was a Toa of water now, but Le-Wahi was still her home-turf, she knew the paths through the forest and as a tamer, also knew how to follow tracks on them. And following Korero was easy, knowing the direction he went in as well as the Toa of air having left behind a lot of broken twigs and upturned leaves in his path.

Despite the fight with the Rahkshi and the fast pace they were going at, Leah didn't feel exhausted yet. Her new body was teeming with energy and so were those of the others. Korero had to wait maybe ten minutes, before the rest of the Maru arrived at the edge of the forest, slowing their jogging pace to a slow walk as they emerged from the thick of the jungle. They spotted Korero nearby and Leah was about to say something, until she looked up to the top of the ridge, and let out a low whistle. It was one thing to see the valley from the back of a Gukko, or to walk to it by the usual path. But here the wall of rock made a formidable natural border. She had never tried to approach Kini-Nui this way before.

That's...tall, she thought to herself.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Kehuri (Gukko-Force HQ)

"It's a bond," finished the young Toa absently. Something through the window caught his eye. He rocked to his feet and jogged to the door and peered out. His jaw dropped. He though the might simply have seen someone tossing up a lightstone, or maybe a Toa of Plasma losing its temper, but the truth couldn't have been more different. Kehuri had very little concept of the island's geography, so he ha no idea the blinding flash of light came from Kini Nui. But nonetheless, his light-loving soul was filled with a warm feeling of hope at the sight of the lustrous explosion, and without even realizing it, he was smiling.

His sensitive vision couldn't hold up forever, though, and he was forced to look away. The afterimage of Joske's explosion cast his vision into darkness, but his smile didn't falter. Light overcame darkness. You only had to shine a lightstone into a tunnel to see that. Even the faintest slimmer of light could not be touched by shadows. And while Kehuri's vision was easily hurt by light, it also allowed him to perceive light in the shadows, where others couldn't. His vision had gone dark, but it would return. It always did.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC (Korero)

Korero had passed the time by experimenting with his elemental powers. The indiscriminate blast he'd used earlier, while undeniably powerful, was woefully lacking in control.

When the other Maru found him, he was sitting on a boulder, shooting small blasts of wind at the scree lying all around. He would choose his target, squint as he lined up his palm, and push - and the rock would be sent bouncing away with a whoosh of air.

He jumped off the boulder as his teammates arrived.

"It's quite something," he said, following their gaze at the towering ridge. "But how are we going to get over it? Air's not much use here...but perhaps Stone and Earth might help us across..."

He looked over his shoulder at his brothers of the aforementioned elements.

"The legends say that the First Toa were confronted with challenges that could only be overcome by each of their elements," he said. "Perhaps the Great Spirit is testing us already."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: (A barrier before the destination. Examine its composition.)

Structural analysis-ridge, cragged, volcanic rock, one dozen bio by hundred-plus. Summary: Bodily impassable wall.

(Determine pertinent methods of transport to destination with barrier.)

Possible movements-climb; advantages: untaxing to elements, disadvantages: bodily taxing, slow, dangerous; advantages outweighed and eliminated. Make pass/tunnel and move through; advantages: untaxing to body, safe, disadvantages: taxing to element, severe taxing of one member, slow; advantages outweighed and eliminated. Ascend with stair and make path moved through; advantages: untaxing to body, safe, even in tax, quick, disadvantages: lightly taxing to element, light taxing of two members; accepted.

I call to the Earth in front of me. It pulses back. I shift my stance and point my left arm at the ridge, right half back, hunching.

Visualize: Ascension. Realize: Evened and tough loam in 24 squares of bio apiece with steps rising 1/2 bio increments per square at 12-o-clock angle to cliff. Absolutize: A stair of giant proportions that leads up to the ridge.

I straighten my back and step forwards. The ground follows to exact order, neatly stepping up to make rectangular prisms of pillars topped with a square bio of packed loam. They follow my foot in slight flight up, always the last to fully rise slightly overshadowed by the next. The movement of my body halts in a second. Simultaneously, the last of the pillars thuds into place adjacent to the cliff.

I stagger slightly from the sudden distance between myself and the beat of my element. The Earth moves slightly, nudging my feet into place, but I dismiss it with a gesture of my shovel. I nod once to Stannis...It's his turn now, to make the crags of the ridge traversable. Then I follow the others up the stairway to the top of the cliff.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC:

Sisk looked up at Skyra as she re-emerged from Kunitu's hut.

"Oh...Sisk. How long have you been waiting out here? You could have knocked, I don't bite. Pretty sure Kunitu doesn't either, but I can't guarantee that."

"I've been wait-standing here since you enter-carried your friend inside." he said, with a casual smile. "It looked like private conversation. Wanted to leave-give you your space-time. How is your friend feel-doing?"

"Sleeping by now, I reckon." Skyra replied. Sisk nodded, looking at Lashev and Verdi who stood nearby. "So, what's next-up on the business-order? Lots of help-work to be done, where do we start? Might be a quick-good start to speak-talk with some of the tree-high merchants and craftsmen, see what they are in need of, perhaps? It's time we win-get back hearts and minds of our own people."

-----------------------------------------

Kohra felt something move beneath her feet. She glanced down quickly and realized what Wokodin was doing. He was summoning stone beneath her feet. But there was no way of knowing if it was just pillars like he had brought up around Ronkshou, stones or spike. Not something she was willing to take a chance on.

As the pillars shot up, she leapt to the left, as if to dive out of the way, but at the same time she brought her right leg up forcefully. Her foot arched gracefully through the air, resembling a dance-move, or an unstoppable last second kick at a Kolhii-ball in mid air that would decide the game. But in this case it only served to gain momentum from the spinning movement that made her turn her back to Wokodin for just a second. As her right foot came down she transfered the momentum from the jump into her left arm, which she held across her body at this point.

She made a backhanded slash with her outstretched left hand while spinning back to face the huge Toa once again and called upon a power of her glove she rarely used. To her opponent this just looked like a dodge, a flashy way to avoid an attack, since her swipe could obviously not hit him at this distance. What Wokodin did not know, however, was that the glove did not just give her limited telekinetic powers. If slashing through the air with it hard enough, the claws created miniature air-currents that were so powerful, they effectively turned into air-razors, sharp enough to cut through flesh and thin metal and damaging any object in their path if the distance wasn't too great, which it was't, due to the small clearing. And right now, the object in the air-razors path was Wokodin.

-----------------------------------------

Leah watched as Sulov stepped forward, pondering over the obstacle blocking the team's path for a moment. It didn't take him long though. After a few seconds, he summoned the earth to form solid steps that they could follow him up to the top of the ridge. Simple, effective and quick. Like he always was. Leah gave Reordin a quick smile, who grinned as well at the quick solution.

Stannis was the first to follow Sulov, then the others fell in line behind him depending on how close the stood to the bottom of the stairs and followed the Toa of earth and the Toa of stone. As they ascended the stairs, leah couldn't help but feel a bit strange. Of course the height wasn't a problem, but she had never climbed this high before while still walking on solid ground and not a tree. It felt odd. Soon enough though, they reached the top of the ridge.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: So it turns out trying to run through the jungle after wasting all you elemental energy on nothing in particular isn't really the best idea. Within ten minutes, I had slowed to a walk, panting heavily as I tried to clear a path through thick undergrowth with my sword. Far from the best tool for the job, but it was all I had. Stupid. Stupid. Dumb. The noonday sun beat down heavily, and the air was thick with humidity. I usually didn't mind the heat, but this was something else entirely. There had to be a better way to do this.I took a break beside a tree that was pretty much identical to every other tree I'd seen since I'd woken up, both to rest a bit and to think this through. I couldn't go on for much longer, that much was obvious. But I didn't fancy lying on the ground and trying to sleep in the middle of the jungle where every predatory rahi in Le-Wahi would be able to get at me. The tree was too high to try to climb, and I sure as karzahni wasn't going back to that clearing. I rubbed my forehead, trying to organize my thoughts. My fingers met the smooth protodermis of my mask - the mask I hadn't been able to use since...I wasn't sure. But something someone had said back in Pala-Koro floated vaguely back to me. Something about Marks restricting mask usage. If the Mark was gone, maybe...The mask sprang to life nearly unbidden, flaring brightly for a brief moment and fading. I could feel its power reaching out, calling, summoning. I wore a Zatth, though by its appearance one might guess it was a Miru. I wasn't sure how I knew its power - I hadn't used it as far back as I could remember (which admittedly wasn't very long) - but I was as certain of the mask's function as I was of my own elemental power.Now all there was to do was wait to see what the mask would bring me.

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: Plagia - Gukko Force HQ

I was just about to ask Kehuri what he was doing, when I was nearly blinded.

Out in the horizon, under the dark night sky, it was as if a miniature sun had spontaneously formed underneath the clouds. Even as I twisted my head to avoid the brunt of the cornea-searing onslaught, I was trying to determine what could be going on to cause such a phenomenon.

I drew a complete blank.

It wasn't natural; I may be new to this island, but I'm fairly certain that nothing in its geography can account for that. And such a blast was far beyond the capacity of any Toa I knew of.

This had to be sign. Had to be.

Just, hopefully a good sign. A sign of better things to come.

My eyes still squeezed shut, I managed to say through grinding teeth, "What the Karz was that?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Ic: Stannis wanted to hold Korero back when the toa of air streaked forward ahead of the team. The initial success and thrill of being a toa had not dampened the caution Stannis embraced as second nature, and danger could be at any corner, especially in the darkness of the pre-dawn. They had languished long enough by the suva that there was a rampant possibility of lurking predators sent to snatch the tramping heroes while they still went. But curiously, Stannis understood a vital truth: The burst of light Korero caught sight of was definitely an omen, and it would have never been seen in the day. Even in the night there was hope.

At the darkest hour,In unrivaled power...

United as one,

The foe is undone...

They were beyond Mortality's Knife, or so Stannis hoped, but the prophesy still spoke of their unity. They had to stick together and no hotshot could stand in the way of this fact. Korero had to be reigned in... but it was no use: "Korero! Wait!" He disappeared into the trees and darkness before Stannis could speak another word otherwise. Stannis looked at Leah; already the runner was eager to jump ahead for Korero, too, and if there was any Stannis would prefer to catch up with Korero it was the lithe woman in the group. With a nod of approval he let her go up and the rest of the Maru quickly followed.

But there was no danger in their path, no rahi or dark toa or Rahkshi, only a sheer mass of stone five toa high and kios across, illuminated by the vast ceiling of moon and stars that drew the jagged top of the ridge in sharp contrast with the diamonds in the sky. Korero babbled about the obstacle for a moment but Sulov was already at work, constructing a set of giant steps that would bring them to the top of the ridge, and Stannis quickly fell in behind him.

The ridge was a dike, igneous and durable, and the surrounding soft stone had long since weathered away to expose only the lasting monadnock that cut across the geography like a blade of granite. Stannis felt it as he stepped up behind Sulov, letting his fingers trail on the cliff. He felt a sense of familiarity with the rock, as if it was someone he had met before not too long ago... The Massif, he remembered. The granite.

Suddenly, Sulov stopped. The steps brought the group to the top of the ridge but the path was not clear yet; was it ever? The top of the ridge was littered with treacherous stones and jagged formations, or so it seemed in the dim light afforded the heroes. But while the others struggled to see what was in the darkness Stannis closed his eyes and took in what he could not see. He felt the stones in the area and instantly grew connected to them, understanding them in a way only a toa of stone could harness. Every stone had a story, a history, and every pebble was once a boulder. These were not rocks to trip the toa heroes up, they were moraines left over from the distant past, marooned on this rooftop in the borders of the dark and the holy. Beyond them was the Kini Nui and they would not prevent the toa from advancing: They would help.

Stannis didn't move but the rocks did. They rumbled and rolled aside, opening a clear trail through the small field that topped the dike, obeying Stannis' command to make way. As the Maru stepped forward they could still hear movement, and as they came to the opposite side of the ridge they saw that the stones that one had littered the top of the dike had now made themselves into a stairway that safely led down the opposite cliff. Stannis opened his eyes and took the first step there, trusting in the workmanship of nature.

"Everyone stays together," he said once they had all gotten to the bottom of the ridge. No jungle waited for them there, just grassy meadows that rose higher and higher into the sky, The Kini-Nui was almost within reach but the law had to be made; the trophy was not in hand and Stannis wouldn't let it slip away due to a mistake. "Nobody goes ahead without the rest. Korero, guard the back with Sulov," he commanded with the intense grey eyes that bored right into Korero's skull as if it were a geode. "Let's go. I know a way into the upper valley."

Ooc: Toa Maru to Kini-Nui and the Keeping Place.

IC (Korero)

Korero fell in step, half humbled, half sullen. He hadn't really done anything wrong, had he? Stannis just had a stick up his...wait, no, what? That didn't sound like him. That sounded like the snarky voice that had spoken all too clearly with his mouth earlier. The cheekiness, the rebelliousness, the recklessness of Air.

Korero promised himself once again: I am who I am. Just because I'm a Toa, just because I'm not Ko anymore, just because I'm Lewa's heir doesn't change who I am! I refuse!

IC: It was about a minute later when I heard a piercing screech far above my head. I craned my neck to see the silhouette of a large kewa descending though the canopy, hopping and gliding from tree to tree as it approached the ground. I could hardly believe my luck - I'd half-expected the mask to summon something useless like a hoto bug, or, worse yet, a temperamental kane-ra that would turn on me the moment it realized it had no one else to fight. I grimaced at the thought, remembering the time when-I cursed as the thought slipped away from me. If my memory's going to disappear, the least it could do is not come back halfway to taunt me, I thought as I struggled through the undergrowth between myself and the kewa, which had landed by this point. I held out my hand for the bird to examine, but it didn't seem very interested in the appendage - it just drilled me with a stare from its glowing red eyes as if to tell me to hurry up and get on its back before it flew away. I was happy to oblige - the last thing I wanted was to be stuck out here in the jungle as the sun started to set.

Edited by Baltarc

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: Naru

There was, quite suddenly, the sickening sound of someone's head hitting a table, followed closely by a rather loud indignant curse and the smell of ionized air. Naru was standing straight up, breathing heavily and with her hands glowing with plasma energy. A bruise was rapidly forming on her forehead, and her Kanohi was shifted off to the side of her face. She looked about ready to melt someone's face off.

As it was, the Toa of Plasma had fallen asleep, and her head... well, it was subject to the force of gravity, the table was just in the way at the time.

Naru glanced around, now that she realised that she wasn't under attack.

"I, uh... What happened."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: KehuriThe Onu-Toa shrugged, "I'm feeling pretty tired. And my eyes need some recovery time too. I was just thinking we should get some R and R tonight and try to speak with Kongu tomorrow." We was sure he ought to give Kongu some sort of title, but wasn't totally sure.

BZPRPG Profiles

"Captain Kongu," Kehuri retaliated with a smile. "Yeah. I think I saw some sort of Hotel on the way here. Now it's a question of whether or not I can see it now." The bright half-circle still flashed when he blinked his eyes. He'd never looked directly at the sun before. He supposed this is what it's like.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Naru

That Toa of Plasma stretched a bit, a lot more tired looking than she had been five seconds ago. Her brief alertness disappeared as quickly as it came on. "Hmmm... sleep," she agreed. Naru wasn't quite sure what they were talking about, a blinding flash of light or something. Sounded like lightning. Really big lightning. "Yeah, let's go... Find that hotel."

With that, the orange-armored Toa grabbed both Kehuri and Plagia, and walk purposely for the door. Or as purposely as she could manage in her current, half-asleep state. Still, she wanted to sleep, and she was going to do just that.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: KehuriThe young Toa couldn't help but laugh. Sleepy Naru was pretty funny. For a moment he wanted to ask if she wanted him to carry her, but dismissed it with a blush, telling himself she wouldn't take him up on it anyways. Using his peripheral vision again, he figured out the general direction of the hotel. He wished Naru had heard his answer to Plagia's question earlier. Meeting her did mean a lot to him. But if he told her that now he'd just sound creepy.

BZPRPG Profiles