Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

OOC: Water helps prevent hangovers. Remember to keep him hydrated.

IC: Kehuri (At the base of Le-Koro, with Kethrye, Naru and Kiron)

Kehuri gave the newcomer a simple nod before getting back to business, "Sonics. There goes the Huna idea. And probably the Volitak too, especially if he takes the earmuffs off. The Mahiki could work if the spy disguises himself as someone he won't suspect. And while the Iden doesn't present us with solid proof of anything, it's completely, entirely undetectable, and could provide us with valuable inside information."

He was amazed at how naturally all of this was coming to him. He supposed that all those years spend striving to be mediocre had subdued his apparent strategical talent. After all, what use for strategy did a miner have, beyond preventing a cave's collapse?

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Dehkaz

Somehow... Somewhere, Dehkaz reasoned that a direct approch of getting up wasn't going to work. Especially with Naona standing guard over him. Maybe... if she thought he was asleep... With a new plan not half-formed within his clouded mind, Dehkaz sighed.

"Fine," he said, defeated, relaxing a bit into the bed. Huh. It was actually quite comfortable. And the ceiling was now spinning. That wasn't right. The walls were supposed to do that.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: The following takes place the night before, after her meeting with Kyju. Also see this post for some context, if needed.

IC: Niici – Hotel Suite – Le-Koro

“She’s extraordinary,” said the Ga-Matoran physician as the dark blue Ko-Matoran neared her one-hundredth pushup. “She’s so strong… has so much spirit… for someone with that kind of condition”

Someone with that kind of condition…

that kind of condition…

Niici carried a standard, gray lunch tray to her table, always occupied by her girlfriends. The world around her was blurry, but she could see that this place was definitely familiar.

This was Niici’s school, judging by the machines and computers that were around her, dispensing drinks and making monetary transactions. The walls alternated between glossy gray bricks and crystal-clear window panes. Beyond the windows were endless hills of sparkling, white snow, soaking in the light of the sun.

Niici looked around her and down at her body – she was a Matoran. Her face also felt like it had a difference mask upon it, as further evidenced by the massive eye-holes that she was looking through. Her mind instantly told her that it was a cyan Pakari. Her arms and torso alternated between deep sea blue and bright cyan. As Niici scanned the cafeteria, she could see the boring white ceramic tile floor, and the wooden tables and seats that all the cliques occupied. Her circle of close friends always sat in the same spot, the modest-sized rectangular table in the center of the chamber, where all the students could gaze at their glory.

Niici had been taught from an early age how to achieve many goals simply by saying certain things and acting a certain way. Through training, Niici was eventually able to master not just talking the talk and walking the walk, but also believing the belief. That last constraint was key; people had to see in your very eyes that you were the real deal – someone to be respected…

… a queen.

Unfortunately, Niici was not queen yet – but she was in the top three. After a year of being with this close-knit clique, Niici accepted her position and became enthusiastic just from being in her friend’s presence; the most popular girl in the school. After seeing the fate of others who have challenged the queen, Niici decided that it was best to ride the wave, and not bring about too much conflict herself.

Niici continued walking through the cafeteria, the only sounds being the Niici’s muffled, echoing footsteps. Despite being in a chamber full of people, the female Ko-Matoran felt eerily isolated.

That’s when a young Ga-Matoran approached her. She was a member of Niici’s clique, though a bit lower on the social ladder. She more a beautiful Kanohi Miru, and had a slim, lithe body. She was an excellent swimmer, which gained her a lot of respect at this institute. Here, looks mattered, but so did some sort of attractive skill.

“Oh, Niici,” the young, pretty Ga-Matoran said with a hint of distress.

At this point Niici had a conflict of emotions. This was, of course, a flashback, and Niiici was appropriately concerned, but at the same time, a deep pain arose in her heart, for it knew what was to come next.

The Ga-Matoran beckoned Niici to lean forward, and so Niici said, lunch tray still grasped with her fingers.

“Someone’s spreading awful rumors about you!” the Ga-Matoran whispered, her left hand covering the distance between Niici’s right ear and the Ga-Matoran’s lips, “Are… are you not a Ga-Matoran?”

It was a complicated situation for Niici. While this school was, indeed, in Ko-Koro, many Ga-Matoran were accepted here, and some of them rose to prominence because of their excellent swimming as well as their beauty. This group of Ga-Matoran, however, only accepted Ga-Matoran, and Niici’s blue and cyan coloring caused them to mistake the Ko-Matoran’s appearance.

That wasn’t the worse part though: if the clique found out that Niici was actually a Matoran of Ice, then that would also reveal that she was… deformed.

Yes, that is what they would say: a deformed, discolored freak. Niici couldn’t let them find out about her condition – no one could find out!

“Of course I am!” Niici whispered angrily, “Who said that I wasn’t?!”

The Ga-Matoran leaned back and shrugged sheepishly. Her eyes then darted around the cafeteria, as if she feared she was being watched. “I, uh, I have to go now!”

Before Niici could say anything else, the Ga-Matoran had scurried off and joined Niici’s circle of friends. The fearful demeanor was completely wiped clean as she joined the other Ga-Matoran, leaving Niici utterly bewildered and afraid. Of course, the Ko-Matoran had mastered hiding her inner emotions, and to the outside world, she was as cheerfully optimistic as she always was.

Another moment barely passed before the clique sat down at their table. Niici looked around once more at the passing students and her heart began beating faster when she discovered how many times she accidentally made eye contact with people. Why’s everyone looking at her?

Niici retained her face, now so rigid that it mimicked that of a doll’s. Her eyes slowly went back to the direction of her table.

It took but a single, seemingly nonchalant glance from the queen to tell Niici everything she needed to know.

“Do you believe she’s destined for great things?” the physician asked.

“No,” the father replied, “I know it”

“Freak!”

“I can’t believe I was friends with you!”

“Weakling!”

“Ugh!”

“Eww!”

“Diseased!”

“What will they say now? ‘Ko-Koro’s most beautiful water-maidens… allow frost-aberration into their fold!’”

“NOOO!!!”

Niici screeched as she shot up from her soft bed. Despite the warmth and humidity of the jungle, the Toa of Ice shivered, her knuckles blanched from the grip her covers.

Before her, on the opposite side of the room, was an ornate looking glass, in it, was a Pakari-wearing Matoran, covered with stretches, pits, and vomit-colored sores.

Niici’s vision became blurred and wet, and she blinked the wrenching obstruction away. When her vision cleared, Niici stared harder at her own reflection, and the Ko-Matoran looking back at her changed. No longer was there a hideous freak, but this Matoran wore a beautiful and complex silver tiara, adorned with glistening diamonds. Her mask was polished just like her armor.

Niici was a queen.

“Do you believe she’s destined for great things?” the physician asked.

“No,” the father replied, “I know it”

Niici hoped those Ga-Matoran would learn of her exploits, her conquests, her power. While they begged for her attention and mindlessly echoed her declarations and views, Niici would laugh. She would turn everyone against them.

Once Niici gathered enough influence, she would remove those girls from the working class that they most certainly occupied now. She would make them watch as she became not just the most desirable female Toa on Mata Nui, but also the most worshipped, mountains of Ta-Toa and Le-Toa and all kinds of male Toa throwing themselves down at her feet.

Because Niici was now a queen.

[The next morning]

Niici spoke to no one, not even the Ko-Matoran elder, Koropaki, on her way to the Gukko air field. Nightmares did that to a person, but more importantly, Niici was further motivated to continue her work, and to finally earn what she deserved.

OOC: Niici moving to Ko-Wahi region…

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC

[Le-Koro Disk Range; midday]

I stared at the target, tapping my foot in angst. The first throws had been the easy part; we were now on the trick-shot section of the competition, brought on by a tie. The part where not only accuracy and strength were required, but a creative and imaginative mind as well. And a HUGE helping of confidence to pull off such feats.

That was something that I lacked at this time.

"Deep-think about next shot?"

I glanced over, my thoughts interrupted by that high-pitched voice. He was leaning over looking at me, facial expression a bit miffed. Apparently he was expecting me to go charging forward, releasing an amazing disk throw; something I was hesitant to do.

"Yeah, I suppose... "

I stood up straight, extending my arm to line up... something. My mind worked furiously, trying to come with a shot that would at least buy me time to continue the round, something I could do-

"You good-well?"

"Just a little hesitant, that's all." I mumbled to myself, forcing a shot.

Immediately I knew something went awry. As I threw I felt it slip a little early, instead of arcing upward and took a dive for the wooden floor, extremely low and very short. The disk hit the floor, and due to the angle shot back upwards, careening towards the target at a way that would never stick. True to my gloomy prediction my dick ricocheted off the target backwards and up into the air, the thing spinning and wobbling crazily. I sighed in defeat, that shot was-

THUNK!

I stood there in shock. Between the bounce off the floor, the ricochet off the target, and my own terrible throw there was enough backspin on the sucker that after going up and back it paused, slicing back down again, landing squarely in the target next to my opponent's disk. There was a long silence before I heard the little guy speak again.

"That... great luck."

"No kidding."

He looked at me accusingly. "You not plan terrible-bad disk-shot? Chance-shot?!"

I raised my hands in defense. "Look, kid, sometimes we get lucky. I tend to be luckier than others."

He pouted for a moment. " Why not hard-try true-shot disk-throw?"

I gave a mental pause after running that through the translator. "Hey, kid, look, I'm sorry. I know you're probably expecting some sort of great shoot-off, but honestly I'm just not feeling it. I've had a rough few days recently and well... I'm not at the top of my game exactly. Know what I mean?"

He gave a nod in agreement. "Faith-lack."

I opened my mouth to agree. "Yes that's exact-what did you say?"

His head bobbed eagerly. "Yes, fire-spitter toa-hero faith-lack. Maybe spirit-blessed, but confidence-lack."

My entire being ground to a halt as he said that. How could he say that? What did her know? First I get suckered into a throwing competition, and now a lecture about faith? From a child? I needed the charm to get the crystal, not another soul-wrenching experience. Faith was for the priests, the over-religious, the-

THUNK!

Mata-Nui.

As my mind went on its little tirade, the kid must have noticed the change in my demeanor. Closing his eyes he began to spin around again, twirling faster and faster until the little cyclone released his disk, causing it to not only fly over the target once again but making it fly perpendicular to the ground. Without losing much momentum it sailed over the target then arced gracefully down in a full circle, threading the needle as it cleared the tiny space between the ground and the target itself, rising high into the air. It was at this point the backspin finally took over, and in a near repeat of my extremely lucky shot it flew backward and landed square between the other two.

I was dumbfounded. The kid however looked thoughtful.

No, never.

If the first shot was forced, then this one was crammed. I threw my whole body into it, the speed at which the thing flew must have blown any previous record away. The disk spun so fast it sounded like an angry Nui-Rama, the circular blur making a bee-line for the target, had it hit directly it might of blown it to bits. Well, not quite. The shot was off-target, hitting the edge and glancing off, bouncing to the right and slamming into another target. The force of the disk cleaved the unfortunate target in two, only to embed itself squarely into a third. Impressive yes, but not what was expected or within the rules.

I stood there, heaving, a great strain taken on me from that shot. My opponent just looked on, no longer joyful and exuberant as he was just minutes ago. Now he just looked sad. Taking his third and final shot he didn't even spin, instead merely taking a few step back and letting it go... closing his eyes before he did.

Yes, he had just shot blind.

As his disk began to arc and turn, he lifted a twig into the air, a single leaf fluttering in the wind. He stood there quietly, passionately, in a zen-like trace, as if he was in some other place-

Zip-Clip! THWACK!

Impossible.

His disk had completely encircled the range, turning all the way around and coming from behind us. How it had that much lift on it I didn't know, but as it whizzed over his head it neatly and cleanly cut the single leaf from the twig, never touching anything else, before landing as always perfectly centered in the target. I just stood there, a gentle breeze playing across my body, feeling utterly defeated for the second time in the last few days. This... this was just-

"Before Makuta took him, Matau the Singer, great Turaga of Le-Koro and soul of the forest people, taught life-dawn folk about faith, and how it grants true-shot. No matter how good vines-man, no matter how big-strong arm, once thrown the disk is no longer under thrower's control. Must believe that disk will true-shot target. Must be confident. Must have faith."

For the first time he spoke slowly and comparatively normal, eyes still closed, his face serene, but in doing so his words had more punch than ever before. I don't know if he knew or not, but a lack of confidence is what I had been struggling with for the last couple of days now. After I had ripped my ego out of me I had realized I had stripped the confidence as well, my ability to trust in myself. The very idea that I could be wrong shook me to the core, and thus liable to mistakes; I no longer believed in myself because of it. I simply lacked the faith in my my own abilities, and therefore it was affecting how I performed.

Was it... was it I simply lacked Faith? Is that why he won?

Faith may grant Accuracy, but something tugged at my heart, as if there was more to this game than met the eye. No, it wasn't just a lack, it was also a touch of fear. I had been shown the error of my ways, how an overconfident ego can be a bad thing, so when I ripped it out my confidence therefore had to go. To be overconfident in one's abilities led to arrogance, which led to the very problem I had just solved. Or so I thought.

Perhaps I had gone too far?

Extremes were always bad. Overconfidence had it's downfalls, obviously, but placing no faith whatsoever in oneself? I was afraid that maybe that might lead back to the same issue, but maybe I was misinformed. To believe in oneself was not inherently bad... to do so at the expense of others and tact was. Perhaps... perhaps THAT was the line? How could anyone expect me to do anything if I was always cowering over decisions, second-guessing every move I made, wondering if it was right? You HAD to put some faith and trust in yourself, otherwise you would find yourself blown by every idea and wind you came across. Having faith was like having a backbone, setting firm in something that may not be fully evident to everyone, but there all the same. Evidence of things unseen...

Suddenly that phrase took on a whole new meaning.

"Wait."

The kid had packed his things had had began to shuffle out of the range, looking defeated despite having single-handedly defeating me... literally. Or had he?

"You know... I get one more shot."

I watched him freeze, stand straight, slowly turn towards me, then grin, as if he knew what had just happened. Dropping everything he rushed for the low wall and bounded on it, taking an eager seat to see me pull off a miracle.

Yes, I would need one right about now. All you needed was a little faith, right?

Bending down I reached into my bag, pulling out one of my personal Kohlii balls. Setting it down before me I stood up straight, taking a deep breath as I concentrated on my last attempt. In order to beat his shot I would have to combine both of my passions and hope it would wor-

No. It would work. I simply had to believe. Believe in myself and my skills as a champion.

Just a little Faith.

With a heave I threw the disk high into the air, much to the surprise of those watching. As it sailed high into the sky I took several steps back only to sprint forward, hitting that ball with every ounce of my being. Like a rahkshi out of karzahni it flew, a grey comet with a trail of sparks speeding angrily through space, the spin I placed on it something nasty. I watched as the two objects hung in the air for a second, one moving faster than the other, both on an apparent collision course with-

CRACK!

The impact was violent as it was spectacular, the two heavenly objects meeting in space only to shoot off in opposite directions. The ball, it's trajectory significantly altered, went down and to the left instead of up, rolling and turning as it fell to the earth, aiming right for the target. But instead of hitting it the ball just barely missed, instead taking out every single disk that was imbedded in it in a shower of sparks and bamboo splinters. As it bounced away I diverted my attention to the disk, watching as it moved slowly right, the wobble suggesting it was having a hard time keeping its stability.

Come on, come on...

The disk shot upwards as it caught the updraft, spinning rapidly back around to the target. The disk stabilized, made a u-turn, and then promptly began a killer dive as it swerved, the spin I had put on the ball finally transferring to the disk-

THUNK!

Dead center of a cleared target. The little Le-Matoran went nuts.

"FamousfirespitterKohliistarbeatlifedawnforestpersonwithtrueshotdisk! Singsonghappydaynearclosethrowmatchhappycheer! HURRAH!"

My sentiments exactly.

I stood there as he danced wildly in excitement, feeling slightly different. Yes, that void was still there, but it wasn't as empty as it was before. There was a tiny little something, akin to a seed, deep within that void, filling a small portion of it. Somehow through it all this little matoran taught me a valuable lesson in faith and confidence, how one needed to believe not only is something greater, but also in oneself. Not overconfidence, but confidence in one's skillset and his ability to do what he did best. I could trust not only myself, but others even when there was no good reason to, that was the lesson here. I just had to believe that if I did everything right, I could let go, and everything would turn out right in the end.

Just like throwing a disk.

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC (Cael)

The Toa of Water watched in slack-jawed amazement as Joske's incredible throw struck the target dead centre -against all odds.

These last few minutes had all but destroyed her knowledge of what was possible and what wasn't. Keep in mind, this was the Toa who practically brought people back to life on a daily basis (Some more than others). She'd seen her fair share of crazy things. But, for the first time in her life, she found herself completely dumbstruck, utterly speechless.

Of course, the Le-Matoran made up for her silence. He chattered so fast that he was almost indecipherable, his words blending together into a string of gibberish. He was obviously excited; it looked like Joske had done something pretty incredible, even by Le-Matoran standards.

The Toa of Fire stood that, hands at his side, simply watching the gently swaying targets. Somehow, there was something different about him. Cael couldn't put her finger on it until she saw his neutral expression break into a smile.

Abruptly, his entire demeanour had changed. He'd gotten his confidence back. That subtle quality that was so easy to recognize but so difficult to emulate... the Ta-Toa had put the swagger back in his step. The void that had almost consumed him was all but gone, filled not by arrogance or an out-of-control ego, but by simple self-assurance.

All it would take was a fist-pump and a shout of victory, and Cael could be sure that Joske was entirely back to normal. It wouldn't even look out of place: the Le-Matoran was all but standing on his head (wait, now he was doing that too) in his explosive, contagious excitement.

Cael felt herself smile too, both at the Le-Matoran's antics, and at the realization that Joske had found a way to heal himself after all. All that remained was the Charm, but even that didn't seem quite so important now as simply relishing in the victory of the moment.

I guess I should've had more faith in you.

“That... that was amazing.”

IC: Kethrye shrugged before replging to Kehuri. "Matoran of Sonics. Wears a pair of earmuffs but is otherwise unremarkable. Obviously, not the most instantly recognizable figure." The lift reached the forest floor, thumbing against the ground beneath and allowing the trio of beings to exit. They were greeted by a Toa of Fire, taller then the norm, with armor pitted from what must have been thousands of years of combat, which seemed to clash with his otherwise average build. Kethrye eyed the newcomer suspiciously, preparing to draw his own weapon if the Toa of Fire made a move for the scimitar at his waist. "Excuse me, I hope I am not interrupting, but who do I go to to join the ILF?" said he. "Ah," Kethrye said, his suspicion relaxing somewhat. "That would be me. And no, it's not a problem. Who exactly are you?" Kethrye took a few steps and continued with Naru and Kehuri towards were the Fowadi was anchored. "Momentarily, we're retrieving the Turaga Matau from where he and the other elders are being held for their own protection, and any aid you can provide would be much appreciated."

IC: Kiron and Sulkua"I am Kiron, Toa of Fire. Me and my old friend, Sulkua a Toa of Ice would want to join the ILF. We came to Pala-Koro a day before it was sacked. He is recovering from his injuries, and there he is!"Sulkua got up from his sitting spot. His chopped in half Blizzard Longsword hung on his waist. He looked worse for wear, with his shoulder and arm armour either twisted in places or removed completely. However, he wore a calm expression. His shoulders had cauterized wounds."Greetings, I am Sulkua. No doubt you met my old friend Kiron. We would like to join the ILF. We have heard good things about it since I woke ... we woke from our months long slumber."He gave a brief description of their adventures, hunting down Makuta worshippers months ago, until they were forced teleported back to their homes and left to slumber for months."So, we would like to join the ILF. It seems you are in need of new recruits," Sulkua said, referring to the sacking of Pala-Koro.

OOC: Ooops. Mah derp for not posting.

IC: Naru

The Toa of Plasma listened, growing increasingly curious as Kehuri continued on. By now, she had a vague idea of what he was talking about, but she was still a bit lost. Ha, his plan sounded like something Zauk would've suggested... If the hunter had been here.

It was strange, the Toa of Lightning had really just got up and left. There was definitely something wrong with him, something bothering the hunter, but Naru couldn't place it. He had been different.

IC: Dehkaz

"He's there, we're here. The village is... broken."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Akree

I sat down and continued to think to myself. I like thinking to myself. It's much more fun than interacting with others. Others tend to be uninteresting and bland. I'd much rather talk to me than some other guy that I met on the street. But maybe that's just a sign that my ego is inflating. After all, I haven't seen anyone in a while, so nobody is here to to savagely destroy said ego with a stick. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I think I've had enough of people for a while, with the only ones who aren't pillocks being psychopathic murderers and all. Although, at least in this day and age, murder itself seems like a bit of a pillock-ey idea. I mean, what law enforcement doesn't get done, vigilantes generally do. Unless you live in Xa-Koro or something, you are almost certain to get caught. It does not seem to be a particularly good time to be in the murder industry.

What was I meant to be doing again? Oh yes, finding a way out of this excrement-scented forest. Wonderful. Can't wait to get back to that. I stood back up and continued trudging through the mud, towards somewhere that I had likely been before.

IC: Kehuri (The base of Le-Koro, with Kethrye, Naru, Kiron and Sulkua)

Kehuri wasn't too happy about the interjection. Stopping Ambages was important. Seems his lack of sleep had left him a little cranky this morning. Still, he listened in. His eyebrows rose at the tale, and despite his mild annoyance, he was interested. It reminded him again of the multiple enemies they were facing. He scratched Ilu's neck as they walked and the bird cooed happily. He was glad it had warmed up to him.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Taka

Taka rode the elevator up, survaying the damage to the village as he went.

Definitaly Fire.

As Taka got out, he tried to remember what the shop was called

Natan & Mantan? Or something like that.

OOC: There still open, right?

IC: Nanashi

I walked over to one of the ILF members. I think his name was Vompta or something

"Hey. Any idea what we do now?"

OOC: Thats Vompran

I.C. Vompran (Lake pala,(talking to Nanashi))

Vompran looked around at the wreckage. "The best thing to do would probably be to rebuild until something else attacks us. After we build up enough strength, we'll launch an attack on one of Makuta's groups. That could obviously take a while, though."

IC: Nanashi

"So why are we standing around? Lets get started!"

I.C. Vompran

"Certainly. I won't be able to help too much due to the fact that I lost an arm and half of my leg not too long ago, but I'll do what I can." Vompran proceeded to help rebuild the village by creating trees, reshaping them into the frame of a hut, and converted them into wood once they were set. He continued this procedure throughout the brunt of the day.

[iC] He had found his sword. But, Petorgas was about to resume his travels. He said to ILF members, "If you need anything fixed, come see me. I'm departing in 3 days."

[OOC] Yeah, Petorgas travels about fixing things for people in different Koros.

Yeah... If you could fix my arm that would be great... Being an amputee is no fun. he thought to himself.

Outloud: "If you could fix my sythe, that would be great. It's a little worn down from previous battles."

elementalussal.png

IC

[Le-Koro Disk Range; midday]

“That... that was amazing.”

I turned around at the soft voice. Cael stood there completely shocked, amazed, and dumbstruck, jaw slack after watching the whole showdown take place. To be honest I was mildly surprise at her surprise; I mean, she was a doctor after all, and one who specialized in denying death it's prizes. She had probably seen more crazy things than I had, yet she stood here as if this was some sort of revealing moment. It was just a throwing contest, that's all.

Crazy things happened when you tossed bamboo plates.

My lips twitched in a ghost of a grin as I bowed deeply and regally, one hand over my abdomen while the other reached far back behind me. "Your absolute confidence in my abilities is uplifting, my lady. If only more people had the kind of faith you do."

My humor was starting to come back as well. That's a good sign.

As I stood up straight my attention was diverted downward, the little Le-Matoran standing at my feet. As I knelt down to him he thrust something into my face, a sheepish grin on his own. It was the kid's prize disk.

"Famous Kohlii-star fire-spitter quick-sign?"

I knelt there for a second, now fully aware of the reasoning's behind this mad matoran's antics, to which my heart promptly melted. He wanted to play against me for the sheer fun of it, to be beaten by a legend in the sports community... and ergo sign his disk. That's all he wanted, and apparently he didn't have the guts earlier to simply ask; but now if he could sucker me into a throwing duel...

"Absolutely. Anything for a fan."

He danced on his toes as he tried to remain still, letting me take his disk. If only to have the faith and mind of a child again, the energy, exuberance, and innocence it evoked. It would seem as though he wasn't here as a messenger from the Great Spirit, but he had taught me a valuable lesson anyway.

Taking the disk in my left hand I pressed my right index finger on it, heating the fingertip until it glowed almost painfully red. As soon as I had mastered at least a portion of my elemental powers I had begun to practice the art of heat engraving, if not for this very reason; I DID have a lot of fans after all. Now I admit my skill wasn't the greatest, but I wasn't drawing a picture - I was simply signing my name. Or was I? I thought for a brief moment before finally moving my finger across the smooth, polished bamboo, leaving behind blackened lines of text as the matoran alphabet began to burn itself into the disk. When I was finished I handed it back to the kid, who was quivering in excitement; he could barely hold it in. I watched his eyes as he read my message, those colored pupils growing wide.

To the kid who nearly beat me, and taught me a thing or two about faith

- :j:

He hugged that thing so tight I thought he was going to break it. I was just about to say something when he leaped forward, wrapping his arms around my neck in a tremendous bear-hug. I was caught off-guard, surprised and now out of breath, but I hugged him back, greedily sucking in air when he released me. With a dance and a shout he spun around and leaped up into the branches, the range quiet once more as he left. It was only now that I realized I never got his name. I smacked my head.

Or the charm! Blasted, stupid, ignorant-

There was a flurry of leaves as his head popped out upside down, that lopsided grin on his face. "Almost ever-forgotten! Luck-charm!"

There was a flash of white, and with a deft movement I caught a smooth, circular object. Turning my hand over I found myself holding the Accuracy charm, the very reason for this whole side adventure.

"I look-find it moon-cycle ago in range. Good thing I ever-remembered to keep it! Happy-cheer good-luck!" And with that his head vanished, only to reappear a half-second later.

"Almost ever-forgotten! Ever-remember answer always up-tree!"

This time he was gone for good, the sounds of rustling leaves and shaking branches signalling that he was swinging away to some unknown destination. I looked down at the charm, puzzled.

Ever-remember answer always up-tree?

I shrugged, having what I came for. Grabbing my bag I turned to Cael, a small but confident smile on my face.

"We should head for the square. It's past noon already and knowing Agni he'll be there waiting for us."

OOC: Emzee, VF, whenever you two are done :P

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

IC: Rit

I'd be lying if I said Joske's throw didn't impress me. I'd also be lying if I said I understood how he accomplished it. It was a miracle, and I wondered why he was the one who kept receiving all these miracles, while everyone else was left with nothing. What was he had done to deserve such a favor, couldn't Mata-Nui just be kinder to his people, helping them all out instead of just a select few.

This was the Koro of Faith, and yet Mata-Nui wasn't able to have Faith in his own people. Instead he would entrust the destinies everyone to the hands of a few, what was the wisdom in such a decision. I suppose that was my underlying reason for the lack of Faith I had in the Great Spirit, because he lacked Faith in us.

It was after Joske made that shot of his that Cael stepped out, it seemed she was just as shocked as I was. Even boosting his ego more, it wasn't like he needed it. Her appearance reminded me that I still needed to ask how Joske how dragged her out.

And then the Matoran, he seemed absolutely ecstatic. Offering Joske praise, and gibbering out words in that tongue of theirs that made it nigh impossible to understand any of it. Finally he asked for Joske to sign his name, once more fueling that pig's ego. I never understood why people seemed to go so ecstatic around him, he was good at sports, so what? I didn't see him helping any Matoran out like he had sworn to. And no giving them signatures didn't count.

Then the Matoran vanished into the trees, before reappearing just as quickly and tossing Joske a small token of some sort. Was that what this had all been about?

I was intrigued to say the least, what was it that Joske was after, and why? Didn't he make some big show about helping out all the Matoran, but then he vanished from the map on a treasure hunt. Something just didn't add up, I suppose that would be something else I'd need to ask him about. After all, if Mata-Nui really was putting his faith in that pig for reasons I could not fathom, I needed to make sure there was a good reason.

The Matoran then reappeared once more talking about answers and trees. I'd ponder what it could mean later, but for now, another being was about to appear from the trees. Dropping down from my perch, I looked Joske dead in the eye, any emotion I'd been feeling previously gone from my body and my words.

"Hello Joske, long time no see."

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

OOC: A man needs his sleep when the world ends, Tucky =P

IC:

“I want to mind-know everything,” Kongu said, “What is your island-quest? Why do you need door-access to the temple? And how can I heart-trust you?”

Agni let out a long breath, but nodded. He could understand why Kongu would want to know more. After what they had heard in the meeting and after all that had ahppened, trust was something to be earned even by those whose allegiance you would never second-guess before. But the dark forces on the Island had a way of shaking the belief in the three virtues, especially when they struck from within. So if the captain wanted to information to make sure he could trust them, then he would get information.

"Very well. I shall tell you all I know as quickly as I may. But this may take a few minutes." the Toa of fire finally said. They continued to walk. And as they did, Agni began to talk in a low and quick, so that Kongu would hear everything but passers-by would not think to eaves-drop on them. He told the captain of how he had met Joske, now turned Toa, in as few words as he could and how the younger Toa of fire had been drawn to Ko-Koro and returned with a tale of destiny he himself had found hard to believe at first; and how he had convinced him, Cael, Tuara and Angelus to follow them on this mission.

"A mission," Agni said, "that might bring about the downfall of the Makuta. Or our own, should we fail." He gave the Le-Matoran a few moments to process all of the information. Then the captain looked up to him, their eyes meeting. "How?" he demanded to know.

"Our quest is tied directly to that of the wanderer and his companions. I assume you are familiar with it? After all, you gave one of your own Lietenants leave when she was chosen to join him on it."

Agni studied the captain as they moved over another bridge connecting two platforms. The Matoran had suddenly stiffened in his walk, his expression more serious than before. That told the Toa all he needed to know. "Then you should also know that Joske is playing a part in the same prophecy as they do." Agni said.

"And while they are searching for the artifacts they need, it is our duty to aid Joske in finding the crystals in each of the temples of virtue. It seems only he can open them for this purpose. He was chosen for it. Once we have all they crystals, they will serve as a key to a place that the wanderer and his companions will need to journey to, in order to fulfill their prophecy."

"That leaves my final-last question still." Kongu commented. Agni slowly nodded at that as well.

"Then captain, I must ask you to adhere to your own virtue. Have faith. Cael is with Joske right now, she has saved his life twice now. And I belive it is my destiny to guide him. I have watched over and trained him ever since he was turned into a Toa and he has overcome all challenges so far with great courage and skill...and perhaps a little luck as well. If you still believe our motives are not pure, we shall wait until he joins us here and he can tell you himself, or you can trust me and give us the charm and access to the temple. The choice is up to you, captain, but know that the enemies agents are closing in on the wanderer and each delay only increases their peril."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

"So, we would like to join the ILF. It seems you are in need of new recruits," Sulkua said, referring to the sacking of Pala-Koro.

OOC: Lazy filer post.

IC:

"Sure, sure," Kethrye replied, stopping an holding out his hand for the two to shake. "Welcome aboard, and all that. Now, if you would let us get back to business. . ."

IC: Kehuri (outside Le-Koro, with Kethrye, Naru, Kiron and Sulkua)

The Toa of Earth couldn't help but chuckle at Kethrye's response, but it made him wince a little bit. It reminded him of his own request to see Turaga Whenua, and he feared the Toa of Ice's tone may give the wrong impression. Hoping to help a little, he added, "It's really important."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Kongu – Outside of Kongu’s Hut – Le-Koro

Kongu bowed his head and searched deep within him, desperately searching for more to soothe his instincts. Logic said one thing, but his heart said something else.

Heart? No, Kongu thought, this feels like something else.

Kongu remained silent, appearing to be deeply struggling with something. After what felt like hours, he looked back up at Agni, and bore into his bright red eyes.

“I have Faith,” Kongu said, shockingly slowly, not too different from when Tamaru revealed his clue, “I life-believe that Mata Nui wants be to heart-trust you, and so heart-trust… I shall. Wait here”

Kongu went inside his hut and closed the door, leaving the three Toa waiting. After about two minutes, Kongu emerged, carrying the circular symbol recognizable by anyone.

“Please close-keep it,” Kongu said softly as he handed Agni the Faith Charm, “Thank you for reminding me of my life-principle, and I now believe that you shall emerge victorious from his island-quest”

Kongu looked to the ground for a moment, and then looked back up.

“I suppose it’s now-time to take you to Singer’s hut,” Kongu said, “I shall show you the way…”

Kongu nodded and began to walk, the three Toa following him to Matau’s hut. Once they arrived, Kongu approached the two guards of the sealed hut and nodded.

Outside of Matau’s Hut – Le-Koro

“We need singer’s hut-door opened,” Kongu said, “I have heart-promised to take these Toa somewhere”

The gaurds did not even think to question the captain’s orders. One of them turned around and began unlocking the door, clicks and slides being audible to the group. Soon, the door was opened, granting entry to the seekers.

“You may now door-enter Matau Singer’s hut,” Kongu said.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

Kale Ironshaper- Pala Lake- Fowadi

IC: The hours had passed slowly for those who stayed behind, The amount of things to do while on a ship tended to be small, something that Kale was rectifying a little at a time. Unfortunately, he did not have the time to do so while also watching the Turaga and the ship.

Eventually though, he saw people walking towards the ship and called out, "Who goes there?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

[iC]Things had gone well since the Xa-Koronian attack. His hut was now fully repaired, and all his personal belongings were locked up tight. He went about doing his job, repairing things for pay. The attack had given him some profit; many people needed assistance in repairing their huts. His efforts were rewarded with widgets and a "Thank you" or "Mata-Nui be with ye".

[OOC] ILF fellas, do you need anything repaired?

Morally unambiguous.

OOC: Petersgas, here you go.

IC: Slate

As Slate continued on his approach, a random stranger far off continued some annoying shouting of repairing other people's stuff, no doubt taking advantage of the damage to earn money.

Well. He'd have some fun putting a stop to that.

Approaching the sound, he headed over to Petorgas, who continued to chant his abilities to repair far and wide into the forest. As Petorgas wallowed in his earnings, he was spun. Large hands completely twisted him around, and for a second, Petorgas felt fear that it was a theft; He didn't want to have his apparent hard-earned money just disappear in the hands of thieves.

Oh, it's far worse.

A shortsword's blade and a large, metal shaft, was dropped into his hands. Unusually heavy, Petorgas nearly slumped forwards when he caught hold of the two weapons. "Fix it," Slate said in a monotone voice.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC:

Agni carefully took the charm from Kongu. He looked at the carved object in his hand closely, then back up at Kongu and took a small bow. "My deepest gratitude to you, captain." he said. And he meant it. He pocketed the charm together with the one Joske had previously given him. They followed the captain through the village once more, until the came to the Turaga's hut, which though empty, was still guarded. And for good reason. The Turaga knew a great deal about many things and they guarded many secrets, some of which they kept in their homes. The entrance to the temple had to be one such thing.

Kongu approached the guards standing outside, who snapped off a crisp salute as soon as the spotted the captain.

“We need singer’s hut-door opened,” Kongu said, “I have heart-promised to take these Toa somewhere”

The gaurds did not even think to question the captain’s orders. One of them turned around and began unlocking the door, clicks and slides being audible to the group. Soon, the door was opened, granting entry to the seekers.

“You may now door-enter Matau Singer’s hut,” Kongu said. Agni looked at him once again and smiled. "Thank you, Kongu. For believing in us. Thanks to you, we are one steop closer to defeating the Makuta and his minions."

The three Toa walked past the captain and stepped into the hut of the still-absent Turaga. Agni tok a look around, mentally comparing what he remembered from his last visit long ago with what he was seeing before him now. The office of Matau was dimly-lit. Without the villag-elder going about his daily business here, the Matoran had carefully locked the place, closing all blinds and windows and any other openings. The only light illuminating the room at the moment were the rays of sunlight falling in through the door behind them.

The air was stuffy, due to a lack of circulation, but it almost made no difference to the Toa of fire, who were used to the air in Ta-Koro. Tuara seemed to have the same idea as Agni, as they both lifted a finger to light a small flame, flickering at first, then stabilizing itself and brightening up the darker corners of the hut as well.

Agni was impressed by the collection of things Matau had assembled. Decorative disks were hung upon the walls, wooden carved Gukko hung from the ceiling, moving softly in the first draft fresh air drifting into the room in weeks and decorative Kanohi were present above the desk in one corner of the room. But that was just the decorations. Carvings of the Mata and storytelling stones could be seen in shelves, tablets were neatly stacked in another and scrolls rested in another shelf, neatly bound together.

Agni turned to his right and looked at everything from the floor to the ceiling. A Kolhii-stick and a guards spear were mounted in crossed position on the wall he was looking over now. His eyes drifted further up, to the wooden ceiling and he squinted his eyes. "I think this could be it." he told Tuara, pointing at a certain spot in the ceiling. The beams that it was made from were all boards, left in their natural silhouette and cut along their full length. And in one of the boards, there was a knothole. If he recalled correctly, that had not been there the last time he had visited. Come to think of it, the whole ceiling must have been something that had been put in after the Mata had disappeared.

They all stepped closer and Agni reached up, extinguishing the candle in his hand as he did. Being a Toa, it wasn't hard to reach the roof for him. He started to knock along the wooden board. "If this is what I think it is, it should..."

Tok,tok,tok - tunk!

"Score." he said. The wood sounded hollow right above the knothole. For a moment, Agni thought this had been rather easy, but then again, he had been here before. To somebody seeing the inside of the turaga's hut for the first time, it would have been as inconspicuous as any other Le-Matoran hut.

Playing his palms against the wood above his head, he started to push. There was a bit of resistance, then with a wooden creak, the knothole gave way. It popped out of it's natural frame and after turning it a little upright so it would fit through the hole it normally fill, Agni carefully placed it on the floor next to his feet. A vine dropped out of the hole as soon as the piece of wood was gone. It must have laid atop the disguised opening. He reached for the vine and cautiously pulled on it, putting more weight on it until he was sure it would hold a Toa. Looking up into the hole, he couldn't make out a lot of detail, but it was getting a little bright somewhere higher up.

"Up we go." he said. "What about Joske?" Angelus asked. Agni loked at him. "I told him where we would be going. He's going to find us. Don't worry." And with that, he started to ascend the vine, disappearing through the hole a moment later. There was a moment of darkness and then his surroundings suddenly got brighter, as he climbed higher, out of the enclosure of the Turaga's hut and into the foliage of the tree it was anchored to. Now that he finally could see where the vine was leading up to, he gulped. Through the leaves above him, he could see there were thicker branches much higher up, but there was enough foliage obstructing the view that he could not make out which of them the vine was tied to. Agni sighed. His mask would not be of use here. Resigning himself to this fact, he continued to climb on, eventually falling into a sort of rythm. Below him, he could hear Angelus and Tuara making their way up as well.

Despite the fact that his arms were starting to slightly protest, he kept going, moving further and further up, past the foliage, until at last he could see the branch the vine was leading up to. He sighed a word of thanks to Mata-Nui and, using his Kualsi, teleported the last dozen metres up. There was a soft thud as he landed on the branch, which had looked much smaller from all they way down. As it turned out, it was thick enough to comfortably walk on, without having to consciously focus on balance. This high, a soft breeze was rustling the leaves and Agni found that had actually broken a sweat in the effort to climb this high. He looked around. From here, he had an excellent view of the surrounding jungle. But what was even more interesting was the tree itself.

Two other branches, thick as the one he stood on, converged here, their bases in the tree-trunk so thick, that they formed something like a small platform. And on the end of each, there were weird branch-like contraptions, each with a slot that looked suspisciously charm-sized. Behind him, Tuara and Angelus reached the top as well, taking a moment to savor the view. Agni took a deep breath, content that they were indeed in the right place. Now all they had to do was to wait for Joske...

OOC: Alright Tucky, take it away! =)

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Leli

Swing, jump, reeeeeeach, okay, grap, swing, jump, reach, grab- TREE.

Spread your arms out, tuck your legs, adjust centre of gravity... and roll... grab. Leli went through the motions through her head in the few milliseconds it took for her to execute the plan. Like a viper, her hand shot out, her armored palm wrapping around the branch she was flying towards. She quickly tucked her legs close, the sudden change in weight distribution causing her to roll forward slightly. It was just enough for her to slip under the branch, her forward momentum spinning her around the woody limb as her arm extended all the way. Within seconds, the green-armored Matoran was suddenly flying straight up through the air, the wind whistling past her audio receptors.

At the top of the arc, Leli stuck out a hand, gripping another branch hidden within the leaves of another tree. Swinging her legs, she gained enough momentum to complete one full revolution around the tree limb before letting go and landing lightly ontop. Not to far away, a slow clapping began, deliberate and loud. Leli answered by crossing one hand over her stomach, throwing the other out, and bowing deeply. The source of the clapping suddenly came into view, a blue and green armored Toa, his Miru glowing faintly as he used it to levetate upwards. A grin was on the young Toa of Plantlife's face, but his voice remainded impassive as he spoke.

"Impressive, but I've seen you do better," he said, clearly trying hard to keep a straight face. Leli's reply was to simply roll her eyes, before leaping onto the floating Toa. He let out an indignant protest, but simply frowned as Leli made her way onto his shoulder's, her arms wrapped around his forehead. "Yeah, right, jealous," she replied, patting his head. The Toa glanced up, his yellow eyes mock-glaring from under his Miru. Leli just smiled, her eyes innocently big.

"Don't you give me that look," the Toa said, his glare now accusing, "You know I can't do anything against it."

The Matoran just coninuted with the look, untill the Toa sighed, and started to lower them towards the platforms of Le-Koro. His armored feet touched down less than a minute later, as Leli had been egging him on to go faster. The Toa had replied with a grin, before almost completely deactivating his Kanohi power. "Thanks!" Leli said happily, jumping down from the Ve-Toa's shoulders.

"But don't you have to-"

"Nope," the Matoran interrupted him, already running off through the Le-Koro streets. Leli jumped over various obstacles in her way, trees, logs, Matoran, etc. There was a lot more, considering most of the villagers were hard at work rebuilding the Koro. The green-armored Matoran b-lined towards a hut, now almost oblivious to what was going on around her. As such, she failed to see the small bird-like rahi directly in her path. Which was quite unfortunate. For her.

"WHOA-ooph!" Leli said, face-planting onto the ground. The Dikapi was completely unharmed, and merely tilted its head questioningly at the Matoran currently on the floor. Leli glanced over to it, pushing herself into a seated position. Sliding her mask back into place, she looked down at the rahi bird, who was currently pecking at something tied to its leg. It was a paper scroll. Leli quickly undid the knot, holding the Dikapi in her lap as she read the note.

Her eyes narrowed, she definitely recognised the handwriting. She placed the note inside her pack, and once again started towards her hut, the Dikapi held tightly under her arm. Looks like she was gonna be heading to Onu-Koro. Neat.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Who goes there?"

IC:

Waving an arm above his head in greeting as they approached the ship, Kethrye gestured towards Naru and Kehuri, the others from the Fowadi's crew as he began a reply to the call. "It's just us. We're here to move Turaga Matau back to his village, and possibe organized the transportation of the others. And find out were exactly the my men are."

What the karz happened to them? Is my leadership so weak that none will follow me, even to defend one of the Koro's themselves? he thought, perplexed, before he shook his head to clear his mind of the pessimism that seemed to cover under everyone and everything of late. No, can't be. We will carry on, unity strengthening us to succeed in our duty, and maybe even fulfilling our destiny or some crud like that. It'll all work out in the end.

Right?

Edited by Javert

IC: Kehuri (Near the Fowadi, with Kethrye, Naru, Kiron and Sulkua)

The Purple Hau on Kehuri's face creased into a small frown. Moving the Turaga was important- at least he assumed it was-, but he wanted to get a move on with Ambages. Personally, he thought that stopping a plot to destroy everybody's faith in the Great Spirit was just a little more important than moving the Turaga home. He kept his silence, though. The leader of the ILF was busy.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Yeah, well, it would seem as though Onarax has other ideas...

IC

No, not now!

Out of nowhere fell none other than Rit, the Icy Cold-Hearted Vixen herself. The last time I had seen her was in Ga-Koro months ago, when I first became a toa. We had a rather... heated conversation on the beach when I was a matoran, before the Tarakava attacked. That lovely conversation was later picked back up after my full transformation, and if the previous was heated, then the second was an inferno. To say we parted ways in a rage would be an understatement. We hadn't seen or spoken to each other since.

And now she literally decided to drop in.

Her gaze nailed me in the eye, intense and icy. Out side of that, however, she was completely deadpan; her tone, her body language, even her stance was completely neutral and devoid of emotion. This gave me nothing in terms on how to read her, yet she had been obviously watching me for a while; I could not have been at a more disadvantage position - oh, right, she was blocking the only way out of the disk range AND I was going through a personal crisis and identity upheaval.

I don't think I could be more metaphorically cornered.

I took a deep breath, exhaling slowly through my nose and with as much control as I could muster; I had to control my emotions at all costs lest everything I had done thus far unravel, but I was this close to panicking. The only other person within eyesight was Cael, and to be honest in this very instance I wished beyond all powers that I had Agni right here, right now. I was not ready for this; I was not ready for her. I had managed to bury the memories of that argument, of that past fight deep, deep within my self-righteousness and massive ego, but with those gone that spat was focused in a whole new light - one in which I now saw the large part I played in its creation. Granted, she helped tremendously, but I could not pin ALL the blame on her; it takes two to tango. In fact, that was the problem.

It had been two egos colliding.

Quietly, like bubbles rising to the surface, I began to see everything that led up to that fight, why it happened... and why I was so flustered at this moment. She may look calm, but deep inside there was a fiery passion and a drive to match any Ta-Toa, one that I had managed to tick off a long time ago. Maybe if I wasn't in such an emotional flux I would be able to deal with this. Maybe if I wasn't going through a personal trial, dealing with feelings and emotions I had spent my life trying to ignore, maybe if I wasn't in the process of finding out who I really was and re-building my identity I could handle her. But here. Not now. I couldn't deal with it. To confront my own pride was hard enough, to swallow my mistakes and humble myself before my superior was bad enough, but to now deal with someone that had a personality, and ego that closely matched my own... I was afraid. Yes, afraid.

Because I knew just how horribly wrong this could go.

If things got heated, there was no way I could pull myself back from the brink; I didn't have the will. I just didn't. It would come to blows, or blasts, and while Rit may be the more experienced fighter, I had already beaten a MORE experienced cold-user... and won. Not only that, but with my emotions as unstable as they were and with my back towards the wall... there's no way she could have known, but the way she just presented herself gave me precious few options, none of them positive. It would be a disaster, and in my mind's eye I could see nothing but fiery carnage as the aftermath. She had placed me in a desperate situation, and I had no idea how to deal with it. And due to that I was fearful; fearful of the exchange, of the fight, and of the eventual aftermath.

Raising my hands I took a full step back.

No, it was two steps, and it was of a man who really, really didn't want to be there. My eyes never left hers, like watching a wild Rahi that could at any time pounce if I moved wrong. She had placed the ball squarely in my court like karzahni I wanted it. Fear overtook my hesitation to make amends as I did my best not to let my voice warble.

"Rit, I'm sorry. Look, things were said and done that should have never happened, but right I can't deal with that... can't deal with you." I closed my eyes and breathed out, trying to control my racing heartlight. "I...I, we, I mean, should really work it out, but right now if we try it's going to end in disaster and one of us hurt, or worse. I am not ready to deal with that, and I am asking you nicely if we can postpone it. I don't know where, I don't know when, but just not now. Please. I just don't want something stupid to happen like last time."

I had no idea what I was saying or what I was trying to attempt, all I knew was that I DIDN'T want to be there.

At all.