Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

OOC:Persuming you ment to form a dome of stone. Colums don't work to hold people in.

IC:Vompran's thorns hit Tirax, causing a mild injury to the chest. Within a new stone barrier, he turned his attention to the problem on his arm, impact vision breaking the ice.

Before something could be done about the stone dome, someone else did it for them. Vorok's powers lifted it and chucked it into the lake. His eyes met Vilor's.

"Let's do this."

The two lifted into the sky.

-----

With the barrier gone, Miraul and team took the opprotunity.

Miraul's eyes met Ziraul's as he dashed in. Sheild met six-blade slicer.

Divan and Bijackal charged together, meeting the injured Tirax head on.

---

Takamaz ran forward, accompanied by Hikari. Pausing near Vompran after observing his absence of a limb and the thorns, the engineer commented, "If I'm right on your element, may I suggest a vine-limb?" Standing where he was, Takamaz shot a bolt of flame at Matatu.

OOC:Finally have some free time.

IC:Matatu recoiled, barely falling to the ground in time. Energy lashed from his hands in counter-attack, forks of lightning illuminating the night like fireworks, but Axana caught them with her own power. Wasting no time, Matatu vanished into the trees, planning to assist Vilor.

Vilak rushed at Makkan and Takari, and a burst of ionized green gas forced the two friends to split apart. In response, Makkan followed up by bringing his chains at Vilak, swinging them in from both sides. Vilak smiled when he saw this, and ducked under the left chain with the speed of a gazelle. The pure power of his Kakama showed. As he did so, he tapped Makkan's chain with one of his longswords, sending one weighted chain up and over the other. The first snagged the second, and spun around it, tangling the two together.

Vilak continued towards Takari, coming from behind, and sword met sword. Vilak got a little suprise, and stumbled back as a brief electric shock winded him. Stumbling back, Vilak was slammed by Takari's follow-up, a telekinetic pulse. He found himself on the ground. Takari's overconfident smirk angered Vilak, as did his following line:"You really think you can best a Toa of Lightning with

metal swords?"

Hikari approached Makkan, and a strand of Fikou webbing shot from her wrist, latching onto his chest. Hikari yanked, and Makkan found himself on the ground. Spotting Hikari approaching him, and decided to use his chains to his advantage. He used his Matatu to swing the tangled weapons around his foe, binding Hikari with his weapons, as he had so many others.

Makkan never liked doing this, but it was for profit, wasn't it? Standing, he decreed to Hikari,"We'll be selling you to the highest bidder, just so you know. As a slave."

At the word slave, something within Hikari blazed with fire, igniting her eyes with sparks as though flint had met steel. Even as memories of the tunnels flashed before her eyes, she shouted, "Never again! I will not be oppressed!" Elemental power flashed from her hands as she unleashed her crystal power, flashing around the chains and encasing them, deadly diamonds growing their way up the chains, entrapping Makkan's hands, then arms, torso, legs, and at last, head, all faster than Makkan could react. Only enough space to breathe was left.

"Slaver, if you ever so much as touch those chains again, I will personally break every machine and muscle in your body to the point where you can never lift a chain again."

With that, Hikari strode forward to fight Takari.

Acting on an impluse, Vilak hurled the most powerful punch his Kakama-powered fist could allow.

Takari groaned as he slammed into a tree, stunned. The next thing he knew, both his shoulders and ankles were pinned to the tree by crystal staples. His wrists were bound with Fikou webbing.

That situation didn't last long. A sudden and loud noise shattered the crystals used to hold Takari and Makkan in place. Zirual stode forward, a stunned Miraul clutching his ears visible behind him.

Not wasting a second to plan, Vilak dashed away, coming at Ziraul from what he figured would be behind. Hikari witnessed Ziraul turn his back, preparing to confront the powerful moves of the speeding swordsman. She charged from behind, planning to plunge her heatstone blade into Ziraul's back, but it was then that Ziraul revealed the beauty of his master plan- he sidestepped last second, and the the bullet-like Vilak crashed into Hikari. Both were left sprawling on the ground, and Ziraul unleashed a powerful sonic blast, causing them both to cry out in pain.

It was at that second that a magnetic wave slammed into Ziraul, Makkan and Takari. All three were left sprawling. Miraul appeared a second later, loaded bow over Ziraul. "When did you join the enemy?"

"I was with them from the start, Miraul. We all are."

OOC: All Gukko Force (high-ranking) PCs in Le-Koro are welcome to attend this emergency meeting, if there are any.

----

OOC: Well... Considering Dehkaz has all the information IC right now, I suppose that makes him qualified.

IC: Dehkaz

The Guardsman didn't say anything more. Procedure stated that he present this information to the commanding officers, and right now, that meant Kongu. Four Matoran entered the building, catching the Major's eye. The Toa of Magnetism recognized one of them immediately: Kongu. It was pretty convent that the Le-Matoran arriving at the Gukko Force headquarters. It would allow Dehkaz to give a full report on the interrogation. By the looks of things, a meeting was going to take place.

The gunmetal-armored Toa noted the room they entered, and made his way over. Two Matoran with Gukko Force-issue disks were posted outside the door, yes this was definitely an important meeting. He nodded to them as he stepped into the room, before standing at attention at the table occupying most of the War Room.

"Major Dehkaz, sir," The Toa of Magnetism said with a salute, announcing his presence to the being inside. "Forgive the interruption, but I would like to give a full report on the interrogation of the captured Xa-Koroan Officer."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Joske from Ta-Wahi

IC

[Le-Wahi jungle; edge of Fau Swamp; evening]

The trip had been blessedly uneventful. The path that led us to the Village of Air was not the most traveled, but was the most direct and fairly well-kept. From Ta-Koro we east, following the Tren Krom Break, the Mangai Volcano ever-present in our field of view. Near the base of the volcano the path took a hard left, and soon sound ourselves going south, the hot, barren wasteland quickly giving way to life and green. It wasn't long before we found ourselves on the north end of Lake Pala, the path skirting the entire northern shore of the reservoir. It was here that we decided to take a break despite the lateness of the day; we should have pushed on, but our water supplies were low, in more ways than one. Really it was for Cael's benefit, having spent the better part of the day in an area completely opposite her usual surroundings and in many ways detrimental; Ta-Wahi for her was like Ko-Wahi for the rest of us. Honestly I would have preferred to have stayed in the heat and ash; it was one of the few things solid in my life right now, something I could understand, hold on to. Fire and my dependence on it was one of the few things I understood, just like Cael's need for water.

And she seemed to be enjoying herself immensely.

I sat on a rock on the beach, feet dangling in the water, completely lost in my thoughts... well, just lost completely. I felt so empty, so... devoid. I was missing a piece of me and I didn't know what to fill it with. Yes, I may have learned the hard lesson of true Courage, but I had lost my confidence. No, not lost it-

It had been shattered.

I pulled out the Courage crystal, moving it from one had the the other, feeling the smooth, warm surface between my fingers. I had lost faith in myself. My panache, my ego, had allowed me to do crazy things, stupid things, because I knew I'd always come out on top. I was never wrong; how could I fail? Now that delusion was forever gone. If I could be wrong, I could make mistakes. If I could make mistakes, then people could get hurt, or worse. And if that happens...

Failure really wasn't the worst thing I would be dealing with.

Yes, maybe this quest was for me, but how could I justify having them with me? People I didn't know? People I knew? People who taught me? People... that I possibly had more feelings for. As I tried not to watch her swim I noticed that we actually did indeed set up camp, Agni having, not surprisingly, a fire going, nice and strong. I looked up over the treetops, noting how low below the crowns the sun had set, the shadows already quite long and darkness falling fast. Moving any further, closer to the swamp, was a very bad idea, and as usual Agni was on top of things. It was a good place to stop; the shore of Lake Pala calm and tranquil, picturesque scenery, plenty of areas to get out of the elements if needed... despite this I sighed and stared into the water surrounding my legs, trying to pick up the pieces left after my earlier experience.

If you can't even believe in yourself, what do you do?

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: Niici – Le-Koro

Niici nodded.

“I can’t make a proper judgment unless I have all the information. Let’s meet after the meeting,” Niici said, looking around to make sure none of her peers were within earshot, “It is delicate indeed, and I will not comprise the integrity of our organization because of bad or incomplete information, or leak of information for that matter”

Niici lowered her voice to whisper for that last part. After tonight, she didn’t know what to expect, and while she still didn’t fully trust Ambages, at least when she listened to his case, she be more equipped to investigate and see if the architect means well.

“I will remain in Le-Koro tonight with Koropaki. Maybe Kongu will be eager to take us up on this adoption offer,” Niici shrugged. She realized it probably wouldn’t be likely they’d even want to think about the rich and classy right now. “At any rate, I will see you in a couple days. May the grace of Mata Nui protect you”

Niici nodded politely, and the two began to walk their separate ways.

IC: Kongu – War Room – Gukko Force HQ

What the #####-Karz was that?!”

Kongu stood from his chair and was gripping the table, his body nearly trembling with red-hot anger that was far from normal for a Le-Matoran. He had every right to be mad too: this wasn’t some new species or the Makuta’s forces out to get them – it was their own kind.

The Gukko Force captain closed his eyes and breathed deeply and slowly to calm himself down. Unlike the quick burst of a Ta-Matoran’s anger, or the calm, but ever detatched and frosty glare of the Ko-Matoran’s anger, a Le-Matoran’s anger was inherently destructive. Like a cyclone, the anger destroyed everything in its path until itself ceased to exist, leaving nothing but the dead carnage. Kongu didn’t want to lose his cool. He didn’t want to make things worse.

Kongu opened his eyes again, his nerves back in check. He then closely took his seat and folded his hands on the table.

“Commander Boreas, what are the speak-reports you’ve that gathered about the Xa-Koronans? Tell me everything that’s happened,” Kongu said.

Boreas cleared his throat and looked down at the many tablets that lay in front of him. “Well, as the Mata Nui Daily reported, the Kumu Islets were destroyed by an unknown force. They just… sank. If the ones that attacked us were the survivors, then it sounds like they blame us for the attack”

“That makes no thought-sense,” Kongu replied, “Why would we destroy one of our villages? We’re not Rahi-savages like they apparently are”

Kongu tensed up and shut his eyes. He was wrong to say that.

“I’m sorry,” Kongu said, “I should not have said that”

Kongu paused for a beat, “But that still makes no thought-sense to just try and burn-destroy the closest village”

All of the attendants then looked up at the newcomer: a Toa of Magnetism. In fact, it was Dehkaz, one of the Gukko Force members.

“Major Dehkaz, sir,” The Toa of Magnetism said with a salute, announcing his presence. “Forgive the interruption, but I would like to give a full report on the interrogation of the captured Xa-Koronan Officer.”

Kongu quickly noted an empty chair in the middle of the right side of the table. He raised his right hand towards the vacant chair. “Please have a seat, Major”

After Dehkaz did so, Kongu, Boreas, and the other Gukko Force officers leaned in, anticipating great intel. Boreas quickly got out a blank tablet and a chisel to record Dehkaz’s words.

“Tell us what you know,” Kongu said.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Kehuri

The Toa of Earth's 'eyebrow' rose. "Well, if you insist then that's fine. But I'm not exactly up to date with recent news, and," he held up his hands, "You used up a great deal of energy putting out the fire. I don't think anyone with evil intentions would go to those lengths." He hesitated for a moment, "Well, unless you intended to get on everyone's good side for an ulterior motive." He shook his head, "Ugh, see what happens when Makuta is set loose. You have to start questioning good deeds. What a cynical world it's become."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Ic: Ambages said his goodbyes and good wishes to Niici before they parted, sighing relief to himself. While he had not fully gained the director's trust he was on his way to wooing her to listen to him, and then all he had to do was feed her duplicitous information that seemed legitimate. The time between then and their future meeting allowed him to think of what he would say. The more care in his words the better.

As he walked up the planks to the taxi platform he considered his options. The previous meeting had given him a golden opportunity and he could sense it well from Niici's demeanor. Alyo... Alyo would be the perfect scapegoat to pin Ambages' own schemes on. The toa seemed troubled and the director had taken note of it in her own subtle way. And details, as the architect understood, were very important.

Niici could never know that it was Ambages who was the one with power over her, with influence sufficient to make or break her and her organization... if it could even be called hers. Alyo was neither young or stupid but he was new and conflicted with what to make of the Cultured Gentry, having seen how it truly worked. Would he be impressionable enough to make him dance as he wished, though?

Ambages allowed himself a smile of delight as he thought of it. Yes. Yes, he would.

He didn't really have a meeting planned for the noon hour, but he might as well have one. He stopped and sat on a bench and produced a flax parchment and some ink. He scribbled,

Alyo,

I know what you have discovered tonight troubles you deeply. Come and meet me in Ko-Koro and I can help you.

Yours in life,

~A

"Would you be so kind as to see this letter delivered to a certain Toa Alyo?" he asked of the taxi manager on the platform, the note bundled up and sealed with twine. "Black toa with a Huna, looks very shiny."

"I can do-accomplish that!" the manager said with a nod.

It wasn't long until Ambages handed his money to the driver and gave him the destination: "Ko-Koro, please."

"Lean back, sir, and bundle up. It's going to be a mighty chilly-cold skyflight."

Ooc: Ambages to Ko-Koro.

Edited by Littlefinger

IC: Kongu – War Room – Gukko Force HQ

IC: Dehkaz

The Toa of Magnetism gave a small nod as he took a seat. The Major took a breath, letting it push aside any thoughts of the amount of attention that was focus on him, before beginning to tell his report calmly and coolly. "As you already know. the Xa-Koroans blame us for the sinking of the islets, something that the captured officer reminded me of at every chance. However, before this, he spoke of a "saving angel" of sorts. A person who had started to work towards bringing the citizens of the islets together, enforcing law when there was none before, etc. From what he said, he, or she, died when the islets sank, but I believe that this is an important piece of intelligence, and may have something to do with their decision to attack our Koro."

"However, most importantly, this attack was just the start of something. There are two other Xa-Koroan ships out there, sirs, both full of angry beings who blame us for what happened. The officer I questioned didn't know where or when they would arrive, but they are most definitely out there, and moving to attack the other Koros," Dehkaz paused for a moment, considering something.

"Sirs, for all intents and purposes, I would say we are very close to a situation of war."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC- Alyo - Le-Koro

The meeting was disbanded. New, fearful notions had arisen- the burning of Le-Koro, the hint of corruption in the Gentry’s upper class, the powerful call of Duty. Le-Koro’s fires and assailants were stopped. The village in the air was safe again.
Alyo walked through a burnt down hut, and knelt down in the rubble. Skills from a previous life rose to the surface of Alyo’s mind, reading the tracks on the ground instantly- a body was once here, and had been dragged away by guard. Another quick, subconscious calculation showed that the door was not opened. Whatever corpse was here must have been charred, trapped inside the hut. The Le-Matoran had had nowhere to go. The poor innocent was stuck in the hut, free to contemplate his miserable fate for a long time before the fire got to him. It was a slow, painful death.
Guilt rose in the back of Alyo’s throat like bile, threatening to choke him. A Le-Matoran had burned to death in a fire while he stood in a hut for rich people out in the jungle.
He sat down on a piece of burnt wood- whatever it was once was now impossible to tell. Alyo buried his face in his hands and let a single tear drop to the ground, letting the horror of this poor matoran’s death fill his entire being.
Three seconds. He had three seconds to lose control.
One.
Will I be punished for this? Oh, Mata-Nui, I deserve to be punished for my failure.
Two.
I can’t believe I was chosen to be a Toa- someone else should have that honor. Maybe they could have made a difference. I’m a waste of Toa Power.
Three.
I hate myself.
Alyo took a deep breath and forced a smile onto his face. He was fine- better than fine. He was rich and respected and was sort-of friends with a beautiful, rich, business woman. People respected him, he had more money than he needed. More than a dozen matoran had combined.
Alyo stood up, trying not to look at the mangled rubble of the home, and walked away. He had a few days to unwind until the next meeting. He would go back to Ko-Koro, his home, and do managerial things- Meetings with clients, signing forms, business stuff. This was his life.
“Please tell me your name is Alyo.”
The toa of fire looked around. A Le-Matoran with boring teal Miru stood there, breathing heavily. “Yes, I am Alyo.” he responded.
“I’ve been looking everywhere for you. Here.”
Alyo grasped a piece of folded flax paper, feeling the coarse material between his fingers as the matoran gratefully smiled and him and walked off.
With a growing feeling of curiosity, Alyo opened the expensive material to read it.
Alyo,
I know what you have discovered tonight troubles you deeply. Come and meet me in Ko-Koro and I can help you.
Yours in life,
~A
Alyo re read it about five times before realizing a couple of things.
- A stood for Ambages, the only being who Alyo had been with this night whose name had the correct first letter.
- Ambages was rich and influential, and talking to the matoran in private could only mean good things.
- This was perfect. Secrecy and excitement. The best parts of business.
Alyo’s smile became real, and he tucked away the note. He was still filled with curiosity. What did Ambages have to offer him? With those pleasant possibilities dancing through his mind, Alyo went back to his rich, fancy, hotel.
Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Tuara - Le-WahiAs Agni set up camp, Tuara and Angelus had finished checking the surrounding perimeter, both coming back to the small campground. Tuara glanced at Joske over her shoulder. He was contemplating, and was going to be doing so for a long time. She wondered if showing him what she did was going to help him grow, or if it was simply some selfish whim; a desire for him to get what was happening.Was it really necessary?She sat down next to Angelus across from Angi, looking into the fire. Maybe she shouldn't have shown him. Maybe she was wrong. Maybe Joske wasn't ready. No, he would get through this. In showing him, she had already placed her faith in his ability to succeed.She looked up from the fire at Angelus, looking as though he was thinking the same thing. Tuara spoke quietly, "Do you think I did the right thing?"

Edited by We Are Legion

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: KehuriKehuri chuckled. "'Lawn'? Well, so long as you heart's in the right place." His mind went back to the tree he had toppled of of anger and a shadow covered his face. "I tend to be destructive too. Anger's a killer. I'm taking up pacifism, partially to keep that under control."

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Apology for the wall of text, but this coveres a lot of ground for the Aitua. I quoted parts of Emzee's post and all of Dehkaz' speech.

IC:

Rewera crouched over Verak, examining his injuries carefully, all without saying a word. She felt the area around the wounds, causing the injured Toa to whince and grit his teeth, but she continued. After about three minutes of silence, while the rest of the Aitua packed up what little they had, Rewera sighed and nodded at Mariko, who started rummaging around his suply-bag. After a few seconds he produced what looked to be small packets of something wrapped up tightly in a large leaf and tied together. He handed two of them to Rewera who quickly hurried away with them, towards the edge of lake Pala, while Mariko stayed with Verak, preparing bandages.

After five minutes, Rewera returned. In her hands, she carried a stone that was flattened on one side. And on it, there was a greenish-brown paste she had made by crushing the leaves in the small bundles with just a small amount of water. She walked back over to the two Toa sitting on the ground and sat the stone down next to Verak's leg. From behind her, she could feel Aparangi's eyes on her back. She quickly shot him glance across the shoulder. The leader wanted to get moving, she knew, but they couldn't just leave an injured Toa behind. Aparangi would have suggested they split up, but Rewera knew that after hearing what had happened to Taipo, the leader of the Aitua was not keen on splitting up the group anytime soon.

"This might feel a bit odd." she said to Verak as she scooped up some of the paste with her fingers and started to smear it on his leg. The sensation caused Verak to twitch. It was wet and cold at first, but then a slight tingle spread from where the paste touched his leg. Rewera continued in silence on his other injuries, covering them in the substance thoroughly and then using the gauze Mariko had laid out to bind Verak's wounds. Mariko in turn filled him in on what they were doing.

"This is called Ibukan in some places, a herb that can be found in the wild almost everywhere, but it's hard to notice unless you know what to look for." he said. "It works as an anaesthetic and helps in getting the healing process goint. It doesn't heal your wounds by itself, you will still need to get a doctor or healer to do that, but this will numb the pain until you get there."

While Mariko had explained, Rewera had finished with her task. Quietly, she stood up, grabbed the leaf-wrappers the herbs had been in and walked back over to the other Aitua. "We must be off." Mariko said, his voice indifferent, but a slightly apologetic look in his eyes. With a nod to Verak, he joined the others as well. The Aitua and their friends followed the path the Horde had gone before them. It led them away from the clearing that had housed Pala-Koro and into the jungle. Darkness was falling fast. They followed the path deeper into the woods. Rewera noticed the Skakdi had left deep footprints behind in the soft soil. But when the path split several minutes later, they turned to the north-west, while the Skakdi-tracks led to the east.

It took the seven Toa over an hour before they reached the next larger clearing. It looked natural, but there were footprints everywhere on the ground and signs of battle. Aparangi signalled the others to halt. The jungle was noisy here. All around them he could here what sounded like Rahi and insects. The air smelled of charcoal and burned wood, whisps of smoke rising from various points around them. Slowly, he walked ahead, the others in tow. There was a small lake in the middle of the clearing, bordered on two sides by the massive roots of a giant tree. Aparangi followed it up from the base to the top with his eyes. Then he spotted it: Suspended in mid-air were larger capsule-like objects, hanging on thick ropes. At first glance they just looked like giant seeds, nothing uncommmon for a tree in this jungle, but upon closer inspection Rewera saw that they were elevator-cabins, made to look like something different than they were.

Noticing his companions were not familiar with the way of entry into Le-Koro, Ravage said: "They go up right into the village. I'll get one down for us." He disappeared for a few minutes. Then, suddenly, with a creak, the elevator lowered and he returned. "They're operated from up on the platforms, but give the state of this place I assume our new allies were right. Le-Koro was attacked."

"Hmm..." was all Aparangi said, pondering. As they stepped into the elevator and rode up to the village of air, the Aitua tried to fit this new piece of the puzzle into the whole image. After a few moments though, he gave up. They knew nothing of the attack here itself. He lacked the context to make sense of this at the moment. They needed to speak with the captain of the Gukko-Force and warn him of what they had learned.

They stepped out of the elevator and onto the platforms, where the sight of Matoran helping their neighbours and soldiers aiding in repairing some of the damage that had been dealt here. "This way." Ravage pointed out, in an eastern direction, towards the Gukko-Force Headquarters. They passed more guard-members but seeing as they were casually walking, they did not stop them. Only at the entrance to the HQ they had to get cleared by an officer. Once the Matoran was satisfied they were not here to cause trouble but to hel and that they carried important information, he let them inside, pointing them in the direction of the war-room.

They walked down the hallway and turned right, where they were stopped a second time, this time by two Le-Toa. "The captain is holding a meeting right now and this room is off limits." they said. "We have important information regarding the safety of this village and the whole Island." Aparangi replied. Behind the two Toa, they could hear somebody shout.

What the #####-Karz was that?!”

The guard glanced over his shoulder for just a second, before looking back at the dark Toa wearing a Hau before him. "Be that as it may, you are going to have to wait. Whatever it is you claim to know it can wait until the captain schedules a time to see you." the green-armoured Toa insisted. His eyes met those of Aparangi, the two staring at each other stubbornly, until somebody spoke up in a quiet voice next to them. "Let them in."

Aparangi looked to his left and down. There stood a Le-Matoran. He had seen him before, but where? Pala-Koro, he remembered. He had noticed the markings on the Matorans armour and his guard-insignia, before the Le-Koronan and his companion had flown off in a hurry. "Sergeant Sisk?" the guard asked, a bit surprised and in a hushed tone. It wasn't goog to interrupt the captain, who was still talking behind them. He started to remind Sisk of the regulations: "Standing orders are to..."

Sisk waved his words aside. "I well-know them. Let these Toa in, they are with us and going to aid-help. They should be present."

"By your word." the guard replied. Sisk nodded for the Aitua to pass through the two Toa. They quietly shuffled into the war-room, which was quite full by now. The Captain had just received a report from one of his officers and looked pensive. And angry.

“That makes no thought-sense. Why would we destroy one of our villages? We’re not Rahi-savages like they apparently are." he said and fell quiet at his emotions getting the better of him. “I’m sorry, I should not have said that."

Kongu paused for a beat, “But that still makes no thought-sense to just try and burn-destroy the closest village.”

One of the men present in the room spoke up, saluting as he did. “Major Dehkaz, sir,” The Toa of Magnetism said with a salute, announcing his presence. “Forgive the interruption, but I would like to give a full report on the interrogation of the captured Xa-Koronan Officer.”

The captain indicated a vacant chair. “Please have a seat, Major." The Toa sat down, all eyes on him now, while the officer who had reported before, Boreas, if Aparangi had caught the name correctly, got read to protocol his words.

“Tell us what you know,” Kongu said. Dehkaz looked around the room once, then started to speak.

"As you already know. the Xa-Koroans blame us for the sinking of the islets, something that the captured officer reminded me of at every chance. However, before this, he spoke of a "saving angel" of sorts. A person who had started to work towards bringing the citizens of the islets together, enforcing law when there was none before, etc. From what he said, he, or she, died when the islets sank, but I believe that this is an important piece of intelligence, and may have something to do with their decision to attack our Koro."

"However, most importantly, this attack was just the start of something. There are two other Xa-Koroan ships out there, sirs, both full of angry beings who blame us for what happened. The officer I questioned didn't know where or when they would arrive, but they are most definitely out there, and moving to attack the other Koros," Dehkaz paused for a moment, considering something.

"Sirs, for all intents and purposes, I would say we are very close to a situation of war."

Aparangi took a step forward after that, clearing his throat. "If I may be so bold, I'd say we're already at war."

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: KehuriThe Toa of Earth's sharp eyes spotted Aparangi stepping out of his sight. "Hmm," he said, suddenly only half paying attention, "Sorry to chat and run, but I just spotted someone I've been looking for. I'll catch you later." And with that he jogged off towards the building he had seen Aparangi enter. The guard denied him entrance, but he wasn't in a hurry, so he stood by, scanning the scattered Ussalry members idly to see if he knew and of them well.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

As Joske was sitting on a rock rising from the sand in the incoming waves, left to his own thoughts, Agni was sitting across from Tuara and Angelus, absent-mindedly poking around in the glowing ashes of the fire burning in a small depression he had dug into the sand between them; which he did with a thin but strong stick. He was focused on the tongues of flames flickering into the evening-sky, feeling the fire, without influencing it with his power, observing the intricacies in the flames as they danced in the soft breeze coming in from the sea. It was a form of meditation for him; as well as training. If he learned how fire behaved naturally, the way it consumed the wood that fueled it, he would know how to better manipulate it. And in turn that would save energy.

It also was a way of relaxation for him. But he could not keep the thoughts away for too long. Eventually, his mind wanted to go back to the matters at hand, to focus back on the priorities of the mission. He withdrew the stick from the fire, its tip glowing red and started to scratch lines into the sand between his feet, trying to remember all he could of the places they needed to visit. He had read about them and Jaller had spoken of them. The captain especially liked to remind the men of the Ta-Koro guard of the virtues the people of the different villages stood for. And at some point, Agni had memorized them. Hear something enough and you won't forget it. Even if just through the sheer annoyance of too much repitition. He mentally went over them again.

Peace, Faith, Purity, Courage, Creation, Prosperity.

And we'll have to have alot of one half of them to ensure the others, he mused. Then Agni chuckled. The metaphysical and philosophy were not his area of expertise. That was best left to wiser men than him. So, Le-Koro is where we're going...then we are here for faith. The Toa of fire looked over to where Joske was still sitting. The young Toa had been rather quiet since the events that had taken place in Ta-Koro. He hadn't had the time to get a good look at his student then, since they had gotten underway to reach the jungles almost immediately. But now, sitting here, he could see something had changed. It wasn't Joske's sudden humility in lieu of his ego. No...he did not miss that part. The kid looked lost. Not lost in the way of not knowing where he was, no. They all knew the way they had to go quite well. No, he looked lost in the way that one only looks like, if something fundamental to their personality changes or is lost. Maybe whatever Tuara did got rid of more than just his ego...Agni thought. He looked down at the lines his hand holding the stick had made in the sand again. He focused on the symbols he had drawn, then suddenly got up and walked over to where Joske was sitting on the rock.

He quietly sat down next too him. Not too close for comfort, but definitely in a way that meant he was going to talk to the younger Toa eventually. He noticed Cael was still swimming around in the water a little further away, her slender body cutting and moving through the waves elegantly like only Toa of water could do. He noticed Joske had looked at him when he had sat down, but he in turn didn't pay any attention to his charge for now. Instead, he reached down into the water, feeling around the sand at the foot of the rock, until his fingers found a large and smooth enough stone. He wiggled it around until it came loose, then lifted it out of the water with his left. He rested his hand on his knee, palm-up with the flatter side of the stone facing upward and started to burn something into the dark material with the end of the small stick. The water clinging to the small rock evaporated quickly at the touch of the glowing wooden tip, which would have gone out had it not been for his power keeping it hot enough for this task.

Joske could see he was carving lines into the stone. Agni qorked quietly and carefully. At first he made a circle in the center of the stone, after which he drew a horinzontal line, that bent off to follow the curve of the lower half of the central circle and then went horizontal again on the other side. He then proceeded to draw lines that stretched out from the central circle and the line below it. From the odd angle Joske was looking, it almost seemed as if Agni was trying to capture the image of the setting sun disappearing behind the endless ocean's horizon line. Agni finished the symbol and casually dropped the stick into the sand, where it was quickly washed away.

He handed the flat and smooth stone to Joske, who could get a good look at what Agni had drawn now.

"You're going to need this when we go after the next temple." Agni said softly.

Joske looked down at the symbol that was still glowing on the face of the rock in his hands.

Faith.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Rit

My body collapsed, exhausted, against a nearby tree trunk. However, it too was charred like the rest, and thus not the most comfortable place to rest, but I could make do. After all we could not afford to be picky, not in this world, especially not after something like this. Something that still left me with confusion, and still made little sense.

In the aftermath of the battle I had gone around to nearly all of the wounded, healing all those I could, and easing the suffering of all those who could not be saved. It was almost ironic really, how much father's teaching kept coming back, again and again to haunt me. Still, I had to at least believe that my actions had been right, for who else could I trust.

It was funny really, I was in the Koro that revolved around faith, yet in the end the only person I had faith in, was me. Perhaps it was greedy, selfish, or maybe just narcissistic No I wasn't a narcissist, not like that pig. Still it begged the question, did I really have any friends, any allies, I knew the answer was essentially no. Even Vaisaga wasn't one, for I was merely helping him out.Yet for some reason the lack of any friends did not bother me.

It was when I was alone, such as now, when even Vaisaga was no longer in view, the two of us having been split up after the battle, that my thoughts flowed so freely. Alone I was free, alone I could ponder on anything. Alone I was merely left to contemplate my thoughts, and wonder, why had this all happened? What logical reason existed for all of this. What justified, or at least inspired a reason for an entire army assaulting the second strongest, most well defended Koro. It made very little sense, or at least none that seemed to be coming to mind.

Except as a fear tactic. As soon as the idea came to mind, it all started to be pieced together. Yes a fear tactic, that would explain very well the reasoning behind the entire assault, and that only served to worry me more. The Koro's would be up at arms, anger boiling at Xa-Koro, and if the rumors that were reaching the battlefield now were true, and Xa-Koro was no longer there, then effectively any evidence of any reason had been buried.

Now, how much could I trust that the Islets had been blown up, well to be honest, under normal circumstances I'd need more proof. Something like this would just seem too far fetched to be believed. What could possibly cause such destruction? That would be my biggest query, and yet what else could inspire so much zeal into such a weak army, except for the destruction of their home land. And well, as I realized before, I was in the Koro of Faith, maybe it wouldn't hurt to have a little bit more in something other then myself. Just this once.

However another question was now coming to light, if this had been a fear tactic caused by some other perpetrator. Someone who was manipulating these beings into effectively surrendering their lives, then the question remained of what was to come. Surely these beings would strike again and that left me worried. Not because of the incoming strikes, but because of the intellect that would have to be behind them. After all these manipulator seemed to have blown up the Islets and if they had the resources to commit an act, then most likely they knew what they were doing. Even worse though, the resources meant they could get it done.

Which begged the question of how they planned to continue their assault. After all, now the Koro's would all be on even higher alert, so a frontal assault would be impractical. They'd already wasted the element of surprise. Thus there had to be some underhanded method, some other way of lashing out, but what, what could they possibly hope to accomplish. It was bothersome really, not knowing the truth, I needed to find a way to find out.

I sighed, sliding further down the trunk of the tree. Not having the answers, I took the time to take a cursory glance at the battlefield. What I saw was despicable really. The amount of pain and suffering that was occurring nowadays, illustrated so prominently here, and how it was nigh impossible to save most of them. This battlefield had a sense finality to it, a finality that marked the end of the lives of few brave fighters, and of an end to this short skirmish. It was disgusting, detestable why people committed such acts, why they brought down such suffering upon others.

And then another thought came to me, that Le-Koro was a place of joyous music. While one was walking through the village the Le-Matoran could often been heard singing in the tree tops. At least it used to be that way, this world no longer seemed very open to constant melody or constant joy and laughter. But perhaps the best way to comfort the dying, at least the best I could do now, was to allow Le-Koro's favorite pastime of music to rise. Allow the Matoran to exit this world having heard beautiful melodies like they once had.

It was thus that my harmonica had been raised to my lips, and soon a soothing melody was cascading out from it. It was quiet at first, a whisper in the ears of those on the battlefield, it soon started growing, the calming nature seeming to take on a life of it's own. Now the natural acoustics of the village would begin carrying the notes. Allowing it to be heard in the ears of all those around, possibly causing them to even pause for a moment. Pause to ponder and think on the state of this world, and on their own lives. Absentmindedly the thought occurred to me, that perhaps even a few Le-Matoran would join in. I sincerely hoped that would be the case, there was nothing quite like the melodies of Le-Matoran, but for now I was content.

For out of the darkness of the battle, the light of a joyous new melody had been ignited.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC-Mussiki:

And as Rit's harmonica began to blow out a gentle melody, another instrument joined it as well. A guitar, deft fingers picking over the gut strings it was equipped with, interweaving with the melody and subtly taking it to a simple chord progression in E minor, the unseen soloists gentle influence turning the song to where he wanted it to go. If Rit looked up to the right, she might notice a Toa of Sonics, clad in grey armour, sitting in one of the higher branches of the tree as he played.

"The fire burns out,

The darkness comes in.

The fighters hold out,

Their countenance grim.

The darkness overruns,

The fire's grown dim.

The fighters have fought,

And been rent limb from limb.

But the light doesn't die with them,

The light will carry on,

The light doesn't die with them,

The light will hold them up strong.

The fighters give their last,

As their foes all rush in.

Still they hold them all back,

The fire is lit again.

And as the fighters hold out,

And evil beats them back,

The fire remains

To give them courage they lack.

No, the light doesn't die with them,

The light will carry on,

The light will hold them up strong."

Mussiki grinned, as they dropped into yet another instrumental portion, before he nodded at Rit to stop with her Harmonica and add in another few verses, if she wished.

OOC: That little thing up there is titled "The Light Doesn't Die." Oh, yeah, I wrote it. Just now.

Just because I wanted to use my own song here.

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: KehuriThe sound of music caught the Toa of Earth's attention. The unfamiliar yet comforting sound drew him towards the players. From a distance he watched the two Toa play their music, still keeping an eye out for Aparangi.A fire burned within him when the Toa of Sonics reached the chorus, and he dared to join in softly as it came around a second time. The music of the miners echoed still within him, and before he knew it, he was tapping a slow beat on his armor. His mouth opened slightly as he hummed softly, harmonizing too quietly for anyone else to hear, though as he continued, his voice rose, producing a sound he had never expected to emerge from his Onu-Toa mouth.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

IC

[shores of Lake Pala; nightfall]

I pocketed the Courage Crystal as Agni handed me this carved rock. As he worked on it the sun had finally set, and now as I looked up into the skies the stars had come out, brilliantly twinkling in the black backdrop of whatever lied beyond. It was so clear out here, it was awe-inspiring... not something I was used to. Ta-Wahi had a perpetual ash cloud hanging overhead, and in the wastes of Ko-Wahi where I had been recently had continual blizzards and snow. Even in the relatively clear skies of Ga-Wahi storms would come often, and even the stars were duller die to the humidity. Out here it was the best of all worlds, and they looked majestic, so vast... and I was so small. So very, very small.

I palmed the rock, rubbing the warm, carved surface with a thumb. It was the symbol of faith; all good matoran knew it. Well, I wasn't a matoran anymore, but the statement still stood. As usual Agni read the situation with stunning clarity, and it was something to be admired; no, respected. He had this knack, gift even, of being able to observe and dissect any given situation and know exactly what was going on and what to do. Even if he didn't, the course he finally set on was assuredly pretty dang close. Apparently he could tell that even though I had courage, I had lost some faith in the process... and that was exactly where we were going. The coincidences were suspiciously adding up. In any case, Agni always seemed to know what little prod and push I needed to move ahead, no matter the situation. There was no way I was going to tell him that, but he had earned my respect and trust a long time ago for it.

He however wasn't the comforting type, and we both knew it. Try as he might, it wasn't his strength. And as much as I appreciate the gesture, it's not what I needed right now.

"Thanks."

The tone in my voice was more despondent than I intended. I probably came off ungrateful, or maybe just indifferent... uug. Maybe it's what I needed right now, but it's not what I felt I needed, and despite everything I was still a person run by my emotions.

Without another word I stood up, pulling my feet out of the water and staring into the night sky. As good as a man Agni was, he still represented a lot of things I just didn't want to be around, at least not right now. Backing up I hopped off and trotted along the shoreline, moving away from the camp but staying well within eyesight at all times. I may be unsociable at the moment, but I wasn't stupid either; we may not be in the swamp yet, but even here the local wildlife could be a problem, even for a team of toa, and I wasn't about to run into ANOTHER Muaka without backup.

After a few moments I stopped, finding a tree I liked. With a quick exhale of air I jumped up, grasping a low-lying branch with my arms. I began pumping my legs, and within a few seconds I had enough momentum to launch myself upwards to another branch. I kept my body moving, shifting, jumping, swinging, until I found a large extension of the tree with a nice v-shape, in which I cradled myself. To an outside observer I made it look easy, and to me it was; athletic came natural to me after years in the stadium, but to climb the tree I did in the fashion I did in the time I did was anything but. Nestled in this spot I could see everything; the lake, the camp, the forest-turning-to-jumgle, and it wasn't that high up, just several bios. I sighed and leaned back into the tree, resting my head in my hands as I stretched out, a leg hanging freely in space. Why did I do this? I dunno; maybe to get away. Maybe to think. Maybe to both. Two things were sure: one, my teacher wasn't what I needed right now. I didn't need another lecture, or another gift, or another comment. Maybe tomorrow, but not right now. I just felt really alone.

Second... I highly doubt I would get much sleep tonight.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

IC: Kehuri

As the black and purple Toa vocalized, he leaned his head back against a tree, gazing upwards. He gasped as he saw something he had never seen before: stars. There were so many, and they were so small, so tiny, yet bunched together, they formed a blanket of light within the sky's inky blackness. Tiny little specks of light, fighting the darkness in a beautiful display. A chill went down his spine as the last words of his song fell into place.

Taking a deep breath, he melted his voice into the music, starting softly and rising to the level of the instruments, ringing with the pride and hope swelling in the Toa of Earth.

"The light within,
Though so small and strained,
In our Unity,
Can end evil's reign,
"In every fighter's heart,
Their light does shine,
And when darkness falls,
Becomes radiant, divine,
"Oh the light doesn't die with them,
The light will carry on,
The light will hold them up strong.
"Great heroes of the past,
Their honored Duty done,
Have sewn a path so bright,
That can be stopped by none,
"A guiding light in the dark,
Their legacy shines free,
In the heavens above,
Leading us to Destiny,
"The light never will die with us,
The light will carry on,
The light cannot die with us,
The light will hold us up strong."
Finished, he smoothly segued into his vocalization again, warm with embarrassment, but swelling with pride at the song he had improvised. And he had to admit, he was very proud of how he'd put the three virtues into it. His fingers continued drumming a ringing beat on his armor as his flustered heart did likewise against his chest.
This was music. All his life, he had known little more than the endless echoes of pickaxes, and while he had begun to miss that, he found that this was infinitely better. It could carry a message, and instill hope and courage. And above all, it was beautiful. It was like a wall of dyed lightstones, but one that could delight his hearing rather than his eyes. He smiled, and continued to harmonize.
Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Dorian (Aurelia's Ark, Le-Wahi)

"Alright, alright, alright, listen, Jin, listen here, listen Jin, I need you to do something for me."

This sounded really weird, because after I'd taken Jin on our first date to the little shop of horrors together inside my head, I really shouldn't be hitting her up for any primo favors, but this is a biggie, I promise that this one's a biggie. It's probably the closest I've ever come to proposing. I was about to put a freaking ring on it for this girl, right here, as long as you just listen, Jin, listen.
"I need you to take the door, like this, and then close it behind you when you leave in about twenty seconds. I need you to lock it shut and make sure that no one comes in here, tell 'em I'm on a rancid hangover and that I can't be seen, and then I need you to come back in when I've come down and I need you to take those smooth hands of yours and turn on those hand buzzers."
By now, my voice had grown soft, and quiet, laden with a heavy lull of introspection as the buzzers rubbed against the sides of my face and ran upwards along my head.
"I need you to freaking lobotomize me. I need you to zap me like leftover seafood and then turn my brain to mush, and then I need you to save me," I said, pulling myself up with her hands and leaning in until our faces were inches apart. "I need you to save me, Jin...like this."
When our lips were just about to touch, I shoved her back, out the door, and then closed the door, locking it shut. I could hear the Vortixx pounding and grumbling as the door was locked from both the inside and the out, but I plopped down on the bed and leaned my head against the wall, cool and clammy and dripping with sweat. That was new; the wall, not my body, was sweating.
Then I realized it wasn't the wall at all, nor was it even sweat: the ink that had covered my body, borne of my own despondent thoughts, was travelling across my body, swirling together and blending and separating into new colors. Finally, when it was done, the back of my right hand up to my elbow was covered in a series of strange, swirling new patterns, for that's what they were.
Something in the back of my head was telling me something.
-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Gaira – Le-Koro

The elderly Matoran and her younger Matoran partner fastened their seatbelts in the Gukko transport. Transportation was chaotic at this time due to the battle that had taken place, and the delicate Ga-Matoran was glad that she and Kokkrihan had the privilege to ride a private air transport. Soon, the felt the Gukko bird flap its wings and bolt towards the end of the platform. Soon, the two (plus the pilot) found themselves in the air, soaring over the burnt trees and rocks.

The trip was quite uneventful, and before they knew it, Gaira and Kokkrihen passed over several clumps of mountains and soon made their way over the drifts and into Ko-Koro.

OOC: Gaira and Kokkrihan (NPC) to Ko-Wahi region.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC (Cael)

The Toa of Water swam gracefully through the water, enjoying the sensation of being surrounded by water once again. She hadn't realize how worn down she'd gotten while in Ta-Koro: the few hours spent in the volcanic Wahi had sapped her strength. Only now, with the cool waters of Lake Pala embracing her, was she able to recharge and feel whole once again.

While she swam, she cleared her mind, sorting through the information the day had provided, and assimilating it all. She thought about the crazy day she'd already had, and she thought about how much more insane tomorrow was going to be. She thought about the quest she'd joined, against all common sense, and she wondered where it would all lead. But, most of all, she thought about Joske.

The Toa of Fire had looked so lost after they had left Ta-Koro... as though he'd misplaced the centre of his world, and now his life was spinning out of control. What had happened, in those brief moments between him and Tuara? Whatever it was, it had impacted Joske far more than Cael had expected.

But it hadn't started there. It had begun with Joske kneeling before the temple, tears streaming down his face as he wrestled with some inner turmoil. He had attempted to enter the temple, but all his efforts had proved fruitless... until he turned around and apologized to Tuara.

No, it hadn't started there either. Cael had seen the beginning even before that. She'd seen it in his eyes when she had torn into him, telling him, in no uncertain terms, that he was acting like a spoiled, arrogant child. She till felt incredibly guilty about this: what had she done?

As a healer, it was her job to promote healing and recovery. That was why she had never taken part in battle; she had never learned how to fight; she had never used her powers for violence: he had vowed, long ago, to strive only to mend wounds, and never cause them.

But what had she done in Ta-Koro? She had taken Joske's flaws and failings and flung them in his face. Truly, her intentions had been good: she had only wanted to hold up a mirror so Joske could see how he was treating Tuara. For a moment, he hadn't been the hero. He'd been petty and arrogant. She had wanted him to see that.

But, in doing so, she had taken on the very traits she'd accused him of. She'd been hurtful and arrogant, assuming she knew enough to chastise someone else. She'd crossed that line between healer and patient, and caused someone harm instead of healing them.

That was where she had gone wrong. She'd begun forgetting that it was her job to look after Joske; for a while, she had considered him as more of a friend than a patient. It had felt amazing to have people whom she could treat as equals; Joske and Agni had given her a greater gift than they could possibly know.

But, at the same time, they had unwittingly invited her to break her promise to heal instead of hurt, to bring about peace instead of strife. Life without the strict definitions of medicine was... complicated, to say the least. How could you tell when it was right to chastise someone, and when it wasn't? Cael had thought she was in the right, but all she'd done was cut Joske to the heart.

With healing, everything was straightforward. A femur was a femur; a collarbone was a collarbone. Either it was broken or it was whole. If it was whole, you made sure it stayed that way. If it was broken, you healed it. But Joske's company had blurred those lines, and now she didn't know exactly what had broken or how; all she knew was that she was the one who had done the damage.

Her heart ached at this realization; her stomach twisted uncomfortably, prompting her to finally emerge from the water. She couldn't stay here forever; an injury wouldn't heal itself. She needed to find Joske, and help him. However she could, she needed to tell him she hadn't meant it; she needed to help him find himself again.

Cael emerged from the lake, dripping, it find the others had already set up camp. A simple thought, and the water on her skin was absorbed, leaving her perfectly dry. She felt a little guilty for leaving the others to do the work, but she'd been exhausted from the strain of travelling in such a hot, dry environment.

As the Toa of Water walked up from the shore, she saw Joske jogging along the shoreline, away from a tired-looking Agni. She paused -should she follow him, or leave him be?

A memory flashed through her mind, of a similar incident weeks ago. An angry Toa of Fire had stormed away from a gathering crowd, his temper and his powers on the edge of chaos. Everything in Cael had screamed at her to stay away, but she had followed, because that was what being a healer -being a Toa- was about.

She had followed him then, and managed to draw him back from the brink. Surely she could do the same this time. She had to try.

She followed his tracks in the soft sand, which led her along the still lake until they pulled into the jungle.

A dull flash of red caught her eye. Looking up, Cael could see a solitary figure perched in the fork of a tree, a silhouette against the clear twilight canvas of the sky.

She cleared her throat. “Joske... can I come up?”

IC

“Joske... can I come up?”

I looked down, trying to hold back the surprise, my self-absorbing thoughts derailed from a soft voice below. In the leafy darkness below were a pair of golden eyes gazing upwards, the glow faintly illuminating a Mask of Healing. From what little I could see on it was written concern, and maybe a bit of anxiety. I held my gaze for a moment, unsure what to do.

That... was a profoundly good question actually.

I came up here to be alone. I didn't want to be with Agni, and it was too soon for me to have a meaningful conversation with Tuara after what she had just showed me. Angelus? Didn't know the guy, just knew of him. But Cael... what about Cael? She had ripped me a new one earlier, that was for sure, and we hadn't spoken a word since. Not to say she was wrong, no.. she had been right. Too right. And that's why it hurt so much. Mixed feelings about her mere presence on this mission didn't help the situation any, let alone in a fight she'd be useless... and it was bound to happen-

I shook my head slightly, trying to get these thoughts out of my head. She sought me out for a reason, knowing clearly that I had wandered off alone to be alone. Anyone else I would have ignored or simply moved away from, but she... I dunno, yes? No? Maybe? I looked at the space next to me, noting that the fork was more than wide enough. Makutaspawn. Couldn't use that excuse. Hm. Another good question: why was I trying to come up with excuses?

Because... maybe I didn't want to be alone after all?

I let down a hand, not frowning anymore but not exactly smiling either. "I suppose. There's space enough for two up here."

IC (Cael)

The Toa of Water took the proffered hand, and pulled herself up into the tree. She grabbed a limb with her free hand, hoisting herself up to the fork where Joske sat.

There was enough room for both of them, but it was close enough to be uncomfortable. If life were perfect, the healer would have preferred to talk to Joske standing on firm ground, with several feet separating them, to keep as many variables out of the equation as possible. Cael didn't know what she wanted to say, or how she wanted to say it, and Joske was way too close and the ground was too far away for her to be making up something on the spot.

“Thanks,” she said, but she said it to the lake. Their perch allowed them a better view of the vast, quiet body of water, as still as the empty sky that stretched above them, midnight blue and sprinkled with stars, but still glowing faintly towards the west.

The healer turned and looked Joske in the eyes. He still wore that lost expression, the one she knew beyond a shadow of a doubt she had caused, and the one she wished with everything she had that she could take back. The Toa of Fire didn't deserve her anger; he had enough on his plate. Now he had this quest and the fate of the island on his shoulders and he looked as though he'd forgotten which way was up.

“I'm... I'm so sorry,” she burst out, unable to contain it any longer and not sure how to start so why not just get it over with? “Joske, I... you... you didn't deserve that... I mean, it was so stupid of me and I thought... I thought...”

She stopped, acutely aware of the mess she was making of this, and of how Joske's face had gone from lost to confused to bewildered. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, the cool evening air filling her lungs and soothing her tired nerves, and tried again.

“Look, I... you know I didn't mean what I said. I mean, I did, but not that way. I just... karz, I just didn't want to see anyone get hurt.” She looked imploringly at Joske; surely he would understand. She was a healer, this was who she was. “I.. I couldn't let you hurt someone like that, but I just hurt you instead and I'm sorry. It... It was cruel and terrible and unfair, and you shouldn't take it to heart. Please... please don't.”

Edited by Eyru Bieber

IC

Wow.

And I thought I had a hard time with this kind of thing. It... was almost amusing.

If everything wasn't so serious.

My lack of answer or even reaction must have given off the wrong impression, for she inhaled deeply, opening her mouth to start another tirade. She never got the chance though as my hand covered her mouth, preventing it from even starting. She stared at me confused and surprised, and I looked back, this time taking the time to look. Mata-Nui truly had blessed me with amazing companions and friends in my life, but I had been so self-centered and conceited to notice; he literally needed to hit me over the head with a mountain to get my attention. Before I had been seeing without looking, but now my eyes were open, actually seeing the world for what it was.

Her eyes were really beautiful.

"No, it wasn't."

If she wasn't surprised before, she was now. I removed my hand from her mouth, turning my gaze towards as the sky continued to fill with twinkling wonders. "Cael, you were right. You said it, you meant it, and I DID deserve it. Trust me, I don't like saying it, but it's true." I paused, looking down at my feet before glancing skyward again. "Problem in, the truth hurts; the longer you ignore it, the more painful it is when you are finally confronted with it, just like an injury that you refuse to get treated. I... I have been living my life in a delusional state for so long, completely ignorant of what was really going on around me, that when I was finally face-to-face with who I was and what is actually true, well... you get earlier." I paused again, breathing out slowly. "You weren't being stupid, you were trying to protect Tuara from my stupidity, and yes, I do need to take it to heart. All if it. And that's the problem; it hurts. It hurts to know that I have been part of the problem I have been complaining about, hurts to see how insensitive I was, and hurts to know people I call friends either have to leave me or whack me across the head to get my attention. Really I should be the one apologizing to you for making you do that when I should have had the sense never to do it in the first place. And thanking you."

My eyes were closed as I found myself relaxing in that tree neck next to Cael, suddenly realizing that the fingers of my right hand were intertwined with hers. I could feel my thumb rubbing over her smooth metallic skin. "Thanking you for doing the hard thing and being the real friend, keeping to your guns and calling me out... then sticking around afterwards. No one... no one has ever done that to me before."

I still had a mountain of issues and complicated feelings to work out, but right now I felt like a little part of it was gone. I guess I didn't want to be alone after all.

"Ever."

The feeling was enough to let the day's exhaustion overtake me, and I felt myself nodding off, mumbling as I went. "I'm... so sorry. Thanks... for being there...."

I was out.

Edited by Friar Tuck

IC (Cael)Cael's muddled explanation was cut short by Joske's hand covering her mouth. This was enough to shock her into silence, but she was further surprised by his next statement."No, it wasn't."How...? How could he possibly think that what she had done was okay? But as Joske explained himself, the healer understood. It was true: someone had needed to remind the Ta-Toa that he wasn't the centre of the world, even if she had felt awful for doing it. But, even stranger... he was grateful? "Thanking you for doing the hard thing and being the real friend, keeping to your guns and calling me out... then sticking around afterwards. No one... no one has ever done that to me before. Ever."The Toa of Water, in the midst of her thoughts, became aware that Joske's hand had slipped into hers. This, too, was a surprise, though not necessarily an unpleasant one. She didn't let go; she simply reclined in the fork of the tree, thinking quietly, and watched as Joske drifted off to sleep.It was funny how she was so grateful for Joske's friendship, and it turned out that he also felt like he didn't deserve her friendship. She'd never gone out of her way to be a great friend, really. All she'd done was do her job, and watch out for the rookie Toa, healing him when it was necessary and spurring him on when he needed it.And, somewhere along the way, she'd become his friend. Not only a friend, but a real friend, according to Joske, who was willing to call him out when he needed it. Somehow, the lines between healer and friend had been blurred, and here she was, on an unexpected journey with a Toa destined to help save the island.Looking up at the vast sky full of stars, Cael could only marvel at how life worked. She could never have guessed that the simple act of healing that Matoran, all those months ago, would have brought her here: travelling the island, on a quest to defeat the Makuta, and with friends. Not patients, or colleagues, but friends. Joske, and Agni, and now Tuara and Angelus; the company had been pulled together seemingly by chance.Cael didn't really believe in chance, but right now, she was grateful for it all the same.At last, she quietly slipped he hand from Joske's loose grasp, and slid down the tree. The Toa of Fire slumbered on, undisturbed, as the healer made her way along the still, dark lake, back to the camp.

Edited by Eyru Bieber