Bzprpg - Onu-Wahi

Friar Tuck

ICLara entered the damp Onu-Wahi tunnels, her lightstone brandished in front of her like a talisman. The damp caves seemed to smother her, choke her. They were cold and the eerie sound of wind whistled through them. The worst part was the fact that Nui-Kopen often attacked you here, while you weren’t expecting it, dozens of them ambushing you in the dark. If you didn’t have a disk or crossbow, a lightstone might hold them off. And Lara’s was not the strongest.Besides that, the tunnels were okay. Better than fiery, smoky Ta-Wahi or hot, arid Po. She didn’t mind the wet of the soft plink of dripping water. The stalagmites and stalactites were sometimes beautiful and strange. Best yet, the idea that huge Onu-Koro lay at the road’s end, where she could drop off her impossibly heavy backpack and get her well earned widgets. She had almost fallen through a bridge on the way! Speaking of, Lara gave herself a mental note to go inform the guard about that.She was soon enveloped in the darkness, her glowing crystal all that was keeping it at bay.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

OOC: From Le-WahiIC: TarnokTarnok took a deep breath, glad to be breathing familiar air again. He knew it would only be for a while, he was all but certain his path would soon bring him somewhere else. But nevertheless, it was good to be home. The Onu-Matoran directed Helios through the village, toward headquarters. The lack of light wasn't a problem for him, he'd lived in the same or darker all his life. If anything, the rest of the world was too bright.But not everything is right. He thought to himself. The Turaga was still gone, the Great Mine was still flooded, and overall an air of uncertainty ruled the village. People were far more subdued and cautious than they once were, never lingering too long outside their huts alone. But there were more... Tangible concerns. When Tarnok had left, Ussalry Seventh was reasonably well-liked, even though the public knew what Sulov had done. Their performance, and that of the other squadrons, at the Hive battle had earned them the respect of many.But something had changed. When they caught sight of his equipment, that marked him as a member of Seventh Squadron, their expressions changed. Some turned bitter, some resentful, and a few downright angry. He caught more than one being look at him only to walk away with clenched fists.Something's different. And I need to find out what.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: From being lonely at the top to being lonely at the bottom – in only a matter of minutes.“Remember we have to carry all of this, sister,” Wokapu whispered in the dead of the night inside their mansion, “Take only what you need most”“I have,” Wokiya replied. She attempted to smile warmly, but did not have the emotional spirit to carry it out, “But someone has to look out for you.”Wokapu knew not to protest now. He no longer had anything to back him up. Still, the soon-to-be-former Chief of Operations for the Cultured Gentry pledge that even if he failed to protect his good name and his finances, and even his feelings for Niici, he would protect his sister.No matter the cost.“Time is short,” Wokapu whispered, “Let’s go”Things had not improved since Wokapu was framed for helping the ILS a few days ago; their butler was captured by one of Makuta’s minions. In Wokapu’s last act as standing Chief of Operations, he wrote an executive note to the Elders of the Gentry to have Niici instated as the new Chief. The conversation was short and awkward, but at least Niici agreed to the promotion. She was new to the organization, but Wokapu felt a connection with her.It almost felt like she was the only one Wokapu could trust.Both Wokapu and Wokiya each had large backpacks strapped to their backs, and they each held a rope that pulled along a large sled filled with their most prized possessions and enough food to last two weeks in the wilderness. The new reality was still bizarre to Wokapu, but he hoped that he would get used to it in the next day. This was because he wasn’t sure if Wokiya would ever be able to adjust to this lifestyle – the life of a fugitive. No, of course she would, because Wokapu would help her make it so. After taking one last look at their adorned mansion, the two set out into the cold.------------“Have you come to terms with it yet?” asked Wokiya, sitting in front of a makeshift campfire in northern Ko-Wahi.Wokapu did not register the question, as he was pacing back and forth, thinking about their final stop. The islets off of Onu-Wahi seemed like the best place, but Wokapu knew that Ahkmou and his men were stationed on one of those islets. He would not endanger Wokiya. Finally, the Toa of Air stopped and turned towards his sister, “Come again?”“Have you come to terms with this double-think?” Wokiya asked, a look of sincere concern in her eyes, “Throughout these years, we have both lied to ourselves. We made ourselves believe that we were helping the other villagers, and perhaps that was true… for some of them. Do you ever wonder how many Matoran were killed because of us?”Wokapu was confused once again. Doublethink? Wokiya had been accusing him of this for the last several days. She explained that Wokapu’s belief that the Makuta indirectly helping the Matoran while acknowledging the many Rahi attacks that have plagued the island was doublethink. To love yet despise, to extol yet disparage. Wokiya knew the Toa of Air better than anyone on Mata Nui, and she knew that Wokapu was able to completely promote and justify his actions while at the same time accepting that they were wrong. It was a defense mechanism, and while Wokapu did not notice it at the time, it would ultimately push Wokiya away from her brother. Wokapu answered the question, “Sometimes… why?”“Only sometimes?” Wokiya scoffed and rose to her feet, “Wokapu, the Makuta killed hundreds of people, and now he’s trying to kill us. It’s not complicated, Wokapu. You’re a Toa – he’s the Makuta!”“I’m not going to fight. I’m never going to join that fight!” Wokapu snapped. He didn’t mean to. Wokiya had brushed against a very old wound, and sharp pains spread from it now. “Let’s just worry about finding a place to hide for now,” Wokapu said softly. Wokiya did not say anything for the rest of the night. Wokapu brain began to numb, and his muscles began to ache. He needed to rest, and so he unpacked his sleeping cloths and laid down, spending a great deal of time simply looking up at the multitude of stars in the sky.------------The next morning, Wokapu awoke, expecting to find his sister beside him. Instead he found no sleeping cloths, and no backpack. In its place was a word, written deep into the snow by a stick: :c: :m_o: :w: :a: :r: :m_d:

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: CrystaliaShe laughed at what he said. "Unfortunately he's still alive." she said. "My contract was to bring him back alive, not kill him." she said. "But he had quite a bit of poison running through his veins and good few cuts on him when I dragged him back." she grinned hopping off the table. "Thank you so much doc, that was so kind of you." she said before placing a small kiss on the cheek for him. She then dropped two widgets on the table. "Ready?" she said to Raxa.

IC: The memory that Wokapu just conjured pained him so much that it actually brought tears to his eyes.Indeed, that was the last time that the broken Toa of Air had seen his sister. Ronkshou assertion that he had captured Wokiya and that she was safe gave him an ironic solace. Despite that, Wokapu was hurting deeply. The Toa knew in his heart that what he did was right. He would never deny that Wokiya was wrong for her suggestion to Wokapu. To take up the mantle of a hero? Wokapu did not recall the day that he became a Toa, and thus did not remember his motivation for doing so. Regardless, he knew that the way of the traditional Toa was not the path that he was to take. That way only led to suffering and death.Wokapu was a skilled businessman and a benevolent and tactful investor. He inspired his colleagues to give to those who needed aid. Lives were improved, and those who consciously poised themselves to fight the Makuta found themselves punished.As far as Wokapu was concerned, the island of Mata Nui was under Makuta’s control. Why should Wokapu fight against that just because the island wasn’t named “Makuta”?He served his people well, better than the self-righteous Toa who brainwashed themselves into believing a life of pain and thankless work was honorable. Wokapu didn’t have clear memories of this, but his body would hint at faraway times when Wokapu worked a very different job. He was hated and ignored, but not anymore. He was loved and praised for doing good work.Why did Wokiya all of the sudden hate it so much?Wokapu’s thoughts began to drift again…-----------Wokapu was lost. The endless whiteness that was the Ko-Wahi Wastes threatened to consume the Toa of Air. His supply of flags was running low, and he got the feeling that he was walking in a very large circle. His face and throat both ached, for they were ravaged by the tears and wails of a remorseful brother.Why did the Makuta hate Wokapu so much, exerting his vengeance without even checking his facts. The former Cultured Gentry member was innocent, and the Makuta wasn’t just punishing him by death. It seemed he wanted Wokapu’s downfall to be slow and painful. “#&!$# YOU MAKUTA and #&!$# YOU MATA NUI!” Wokapu shouted at the top of his aching lungs, thrusting his arms into the air. Mata Nui was a bumbling weakling of a god – he had no business illuminating the Matoran in the first place if he couldn’t keep his throne. Regardless, the Makuta was undeniably worse. Indeed, there was no one in this world or in Paradise who would bring the Mata Nuiians solace.The Toa of Air was cold, numb, and exhausted, and his feet gave out. He fell face first into the thick, soft snow with a crunch.No good deed goes unpunished, thought Wokapu.-----------Just then, a thumping sound echoed off the walls of the cave. Wokapu was about to rise to try and get a look, but he was rudely reminded that his back was still broken, and he squeezed his eyes shut in immense pain.The thumps turned into rolling and rumbling, and a moment later, Wokapu felt a gust of wind rush past him, followed by a crash heard near the foot end of his cot.“Uuuuuughhhh,” moaned Lekori as he rose to his tied up feet by leaning against the nearby wall. His wrists were similarly bound.“I suppose it could have been worse,” the Le-Matoran mumbled softly to himself.“Le…Lekori?” whispered Wokapu, his eyes facing the ceiling.-----------Ronkshou walked calmly out of the Kofo Jaga nests, chuckling at how quickly the Gukko Force Officer surrendered. He didn't want to kill the Le-Matoran because his figure gave Ronkshou the impression that he could be useful to him and to the Makuta. The Infected Toa decided that the Le-Matoran would be fine down there until he made a final decision on what to do. In the meantime, Ronkshou was going to meet his maker... so to speak.OOC: Ronkshou moving to Kini Nui region (Mangaia)...

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Tarnok"You're right Ulyism, it is illogical. But something has caused the populace to both fear and hate our squadron in the short time I've been gone. We have to find out what." Tarnok said, as the duo approached the Ussalry headquarters.He climbed off of Helios' back, and led him into the stables beside the building. Every group within the Ussalry had its own section of the stables. and Seventh Squadron was no exception. The Ussal crab relaxed in the center of his stall, happily eating the food Tarnok gave him.He walked back out of the stables, and rejoined Ulyism who was waiting outside. The Onu-Matoran nodded to her, and turned to push open the door of the building. His expression was cold as he walked into the building.The receptionist looked up to greet him, only to stop when she saw them. Her eyes widened slightly, though she regained her composure almost instantly. Clearly she had also heard or seen whatever had affected the civilian's view of them."Where is Arkom?" He said, his voice as sharp as knives. Someone had done something, someone had tarnished the name of Seventh Squadron. It was a certainty, only he and Ulyism had received the reaction they did, even though he had seen several other Ussalmatoran on the streets. "Oh, Ussalmatoran Tarnok, you're back from leave I take it-""Yes. Now, where is Arkom? I need to speak with him on several pressing matters." His tone indicated the subtext to his message; You're wasting my time."Oh, I'm sorry." She said hurriedly, glancing toward the schedule that was on her desk. "He should be in his office.""Thank you." Tarnok replied shortly, walking down the hallway that connected to the lobby. He knew this route well, he had watched Sulov walk down it to receive their orders time and again. Now, it was his turn. The office he was looking for was clearly marked, as he had expected it to be.He opened the door, and stepped inside. "Hello, Regiment Commander Arkom."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

ICLara victoriously threw down her backpack on the floor of Zemya’s hut. “Just what you ordered.” She said. “More rope than any being could ever need.” She ripped the rope out of the pack, victoriously removing the intestines of the beast which had sat on her back for so long. Soon huge coils of rope and a tangled mess of string sat on the ground. “Will this do?” she asked.Zemya picked up a piece and inspected it. “A little worse for the wear.” he said, “But thank you for the effort. This will be put to good use preparing the great mine.”“Yeah, the mine. It’s not fixed already?” Lara asked.The captain of the trade guild shook his black Hau. “Still as flooded as ever. Thank you for you assistance. Kakor!” he shouted. A small Onu-Matoran wearing a bright, shiny purple pakari ran into the dimly lit room. “Yes?” the assistant asked.“Please deliver this rope to the mining guild; they’ll find this useful, and please give Lara her well deserved widgets.” he ordered.Kakor nodded his head and ran out of the room, reappearing a minute later with a handful of money. Lara opened her palm and received the payment. “Thank you,” she told Zemya, “Is there anything else you’ll need?” “I can’t think of anything else necessary from Ga-Koro.” Zemya said, before turning around and walking to his storage cupboard. Lara took this as a signal to leave, and dumped out the remainder of her bag for Kakor before shouldering the now impossibly light pack and exiting the trader’s hut. She looked around the massive cavern, eying the huts that stretched off in every direction. Her mission was accomplished, but she wasn’t ready to head back to Ga-Koro. She wanted to do a bit of touring; however great Ga-koro was, Lara was ready for something different.

IC: Arkom was smiling as Tarnok came in. He stared down at a tablet on his desk, eyes filled with a warmth that seemed alien to his grizzled frame and the grumpy demeanor the matoran had grown to associate him with. But as he looked up at the visitors, his eyes hardened.His mouth formed a thin smirk. The commander stowed away the tablet absently, not providing the enterers with any glimpses of its engravings. He chuckled mirthlessly.The crusty old campaigner they knew was back. "Oh, hello there, Tarnok and Uyism. Back so soon from your vacation after your fool of a captain was exiled?" He grinned, a slight jeering light in his eyes. "It's okay. Your former deputy will be in here soon, and then we can have a nice, long chat about what exactly we're going to do with 7th Squadron."

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: TarnokTarnok bit his tongue. Insults jumped into his mouth, but he ignored them.The Onu-Matoran was once again in his usual mood, his face cold and expressionless. He had spoken with Arkom several times in the past, and the Regiment Commander had no doubt heard his reputation from field reports. He never spoke against his superiors, and never once had there been a complaint from anyone about his conduct.Many things had changed over the past several weeks. Time would tell if this was one of them."I'm sorry sir, I must have misheard you." His face was unreadable, and his tone was emotionless, and more than a little cool. "I could have sworn you used the word 'fool' to describe the commander who led a charge against the Nui Rama Hive, destroyed it, and lost no more than one Matoran in the process. Not to mentipn how he revolutionized how the Ussalry operates."He shrugged. "But you wouldn't say that, sir. I've been mishearing a lot of things lately. I suspect I've got some seawater from Ga-Koro in my ear."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: PakaruPakaru looked up at the ceiling, imagining what could be happening on the surface while he and Parata lingered in Onu-Wahi. The Turaga were - as far as they knew - still missing, and Onu-Wahi had not provided any clues as to their whereabouts. If one were to examine it, the obvious choice would be to move on and search somewhere else.Although, at this rate running around randomly might provide us with a better chance than analysing every detail... But I'd rather not do that."Yeah, let's go."

Lacertus

IC-Raxa:"Hmm? Oh, yes, yes," Raxa said, shaking himself slightly-his thoughts had been elsewhere, for the moment. He looked about quickly, before he shrugged, stepping outside."I feel as though the only Toa of Crystal we're likely to find is that one back in Ta-Wahi," he said, his brows furrowed in thought. "We may wish to look...elsewhere. I've seen no Toa here as of late, as well. A couple Matoran was all. However contrary it may seem, we may wish to find someplace more populated...Le-Koro, perhaps? Ga-Koro?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: SovereignOnu-Koro. The realm of omnipresent blackness; home of all creatures born of shadow, labor, and squalor. It was well-known for it's crystalline caverns and sprawling mines, as well as the ancient gateway from which the apocryphal Makuta was spat forth from the soil.Sovereign often sought quiet caves bordering it's capital village; his solitary being felt as one with the cold of the stone stalagmites, as though he were a physical manifestation of this land itself. The frozen particles of oxygen and carbon dioxide that escaped his mask invoked vivid memories of his home; a land long buried beneath ancient runes and archaic texts telling the history of his kind.But today, like his land, his mission became lost; veiled in the blood and sacrifice of his years. No matter how hard he pressed his mind, the Toa could not recall what drew him to this land; what inquisition he stood for. He arose. His armor creaked, spilling eons of dust, and ash. The particles floated gently to the cavern floor, stealing with them his lack of purpose. If Sovereign were to be in this land, then he must rally a cause; cast his blade in aid to whatever fetid chaos this land could reveal. His hand reached into a pocket; every movement slow, graceful and coldly calculated. Within were fourteen battered, old cigarettes; encased in a small steel tin, bearing the ensign of the Ta-Koro Guard. Why he had this was, like his other memories, lost to him.He lit a cigarette, it's cherry feebly forcing back the shadow. He could see now. He could begin now.And so, he strode forth.OOC: Feel free to interrupt.

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC-Edubard:And, as Sovereign walked, there was another being walking down a side tunnel-on the perfect path to collide with the other Toa. And as he walked, he thought over what had happened, the terrible accident in his practice duel with Kiox. His sword had sheared into the Toa's neck, progressing downward, carving his heart in two. Edubard hadn't cleaned the blood off of the protosteel blade, instead keeping it there as a reminder of how dangerous it truly was as he had slammed it into his sheathe.The blade hadn't been touched in the weeks since that tragedy, and the numerous scars that Edubard had gained could account for that. He had been rendered lowly yet again, a pauper, living hard on the streets, beneath the eye of nearly every being near him. As he walked in agonized silence, his thoughts tormenting him, he noticed something. Behind him, in the tunnel, a small flame...and smoke? Another being was coming.As was his want, he stopped in the middle of the tunnel, waiting for the being to come to him-friend or foe, it mattered not, just that he would have somebody to alleviate the silence, the darkness around him. To dispel the specters of the past.OOC: That's your cue, CJ.

profiles i guess

IC- LaraOnu-Koro, unlike her home, had been doing well recently- very few toa or adventurers had passed through here- thus, very little fights. Although the ramifications of the disaster at the great mine still hadn't ended- the bottom three levels still hadn't been repaired, and were apparently still flooded. The Great Mine. Lara decided to take a look- she could use a good swim. She turned away from the boring monument to some dead miner she had been inspecting and walked towards the large tunnel that had the words :g: :r: :e: :a: :t: :m: :i: :n: :e:emblazoned above it. One her way, she saw a grey toa with a huge hammer going in the same direction (Cosi). "Hello," she said, "You heading to see the mines?"

Edited by Visaru

OOC: Sorry, I never noticed you were talking to me. and the hammer is only about twice the size of his fist and the handle is only one and a half fistlengths long (think Mjolnir from the movie Thor/The avengers)IC: Cosi"Well, no, I'm actually waiting for someone, though he's taking an extremely long time to get here. Though I could always take a tour seeing how late he is."

IC: CosiCosi walked around town, trying to find some good recruits for the family. He thought of going to a bar to try and recruit, but then he remembered commandment 4 of the cosa nostra; Don't go to pubs and clubs. Sighing, he sat down on a rock in the main square.OOC: Any less than respectable businessmen in Onu?

IC: SovereignOne trained in the art of espionage and solitude, such as the creature named Sovereign, could quickly detect the presence of another nearby. The sudden shift in the atmosphere, although subtle, felt not unlike a thick, fetid veil hanging in the air; with more than enough density to cut with the dullest of blades. He groaned quietly, exhaling smoke as his optical sensors flickered briefly. Surely enough, around the corner approached another Toa, quite visibly disturbed."Ghosts," the aged, battered Toa said quietly. "Ghosts of silent tongue fog your eyes."

IC-Edubard:Edubard watched the Toa before him for a tense moment, before allowing himself to relax-there was no imminent danger. His posture visibly relaxed as well, leaning slightly on his back foot."Fair enough," the Toa of Air grunted. His eyes narrowed slightly, thinking about what he had noticed earlier-this Toa's seemingly aged look, like an antique. A relic...and yet, lively, as well."Just where are you from?" he asked bluntly.

profiles i guess

IC: SovereignSovereign's eyes carefully tracked the Toa's every move. Tense. Cautious. He shifted his foot. Guard dropped. The scarred Toa's thought process had, over the ages, grown almost mechanical in nature; calculated, logical, cold. He quickly determined threat level, yet maintained body language. One could not make the mistake of carelessly revealing the mind's process through the body, lest he wish to be cut ear to ear."I am forbidden to speak of it." The words expelled like clockwork; repeated hundreds, if not thousands of times. His voice was cold, slow, and collected; not unlike the element by which he was aligned. "Your body shows that you see no danger; not something that one should immediately reveal to a stranger."He paused, letting the smoke trail the lines of his mask. "Others call me Sovereign."

IC-Edubard:"I see danger, but I see nothing to alert me that you are about to attack," Edubard corrected. "Unless you have friends hiding behind me, I think I'll be somewhat safe." There, some of his old humour was coming back, as he nodded at Sovereign."Call me Edubard," he said. "Archaic name, I know, but the ones who built me were somewhat archaic in their beliefs." He shrugged. "Now then, where are you going? If it's off to anywhere, I know I'll end up there somehow."

profiles i guess

IC: Sovereign"And that is your folly, Edubard. In roughly 0.653 seconds, I could have a blade drawn to your throat. But perhaps the malevolent of this land are not so quick to draw." He made no comment to friends. If the inhabitants of this land required friends to present a challenge, then their warriors knew not the art they practiced."I have no destination. But if I am... here, I suppose I'll have to find something to occupy my hands, and somewhere to lay my head."

IC-Edubard:"And before you could harm me with your blade, I could have already blasted you back and drawn my own," Edubard said. "But no matter, your point is made. Consider me overly friendly." He then nodded with what Sovereign said next."Aye, the feeling is mutual. Do you know the way to Onu-Koro?"

profiles i guess

IC"Sorry, miss, the mine's arr clozed right now. No entry until we ge zem fixed, hm?" said the smallest Onu-matoran Lara had ever seen. He wore a scratched up noble mahiki and his voice was deeply accented."I just want to swim, right? You can't be doing that much work; they got blown up more than a week ago! Still not accessible, wow... Sorry. That was in bad taste."The guard nodded. "Yes, it was. The mines are much more damaged than you think. Now please run along and go tourist-ize somewhere else."Lara sighed and turned away, back into the city, were she scanned the streets for something to do.

Edited by Visaru

IC-Aclaraung:Aclaraung looked around the cavern, his thoughts on the departing Aru. He needed her, though he didn't care to admit it. There weren't many with her abilities...and none of those were Mystix, or likely to help him.He shrugged, leaving the tunnel above ground and flying back to Ga-Wahi-he needed to check on the younger Norathed.OOC: Aclaraung to Ga-Wahi.

profiles i guess

IC: Arkom's eyes narrowed slightly. "No, you heard me right. I just called the commander who allied with exiles and vagabonds a fool-""'Scuse me, com-man-der."Gavarm stepped into the room. He gave a cursory doff of the fedora, hazel eyes gazing back into his superior's coolly."That there won't be necessary."Arkom blinked. "...Correct," He finally muttered in response.His countenance re-assumed its smirk. "It's now time to talk about the future of 7th."

Edited by World's #1 Dad

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness.