If You Could Have Just One Superpower...

Makuta_of_Oz

Matter Creation I can just will things into existence from absolutely nothing, like money, items etc

zV5MODc.png
Please take some time to read my friend's Hero Factory story "End Factory".
It was in the works for 2 years and is now available online to read.
Please be sure to leave a review if you can as it would mean a lot to both me and him.

A nice surprise awaits you inside.

Heat vision. Just think of the applications.Need a campfire? Heat vision! Want some toast? Heat vision! Dirty Dishes? Heat vision!There is nothing the proper application of heat vision cannot solve.

~SI NON CONFECTUS NON REFICIAT~

Proud is the spirit of Zeus-fostered kings – their honor comes from Zeus, and Zeus, god of council, loves them.

Having a close relative who's suffering from epilepsy, I can say that it's not worth it.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Mind control or Telekinesis. I am completely trustworthy. No abusing my powers AT ALL. "Can I have that Ferrari?" "Heheh. Only if you pay for it." "Um... No... I will just take it from you for free." "Okay! Here are the keys!"

830px-Epguide407.jpg

Are you ready?

The Clone Wars are back.

I'd probably not want a power of god-like proportions, as it would be too tempting to misuse. I'd probably go for healing as a superpower, involving the ability to heal myself and others near me at will. It would probably be the most beneficial power of that nature I could have, as I could repair the damages of age, allowing myself and my family and friends to have increased lifespans and quality of life. :) ~B~

The ability to switch to bullet time at will. Then, I can actually outsmart boolet.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Probably the power to control the flow of time. I'd fast-forward through the boring parts of my life, and when I am close to death, I would just rewind and do everything differently that time. I'd basically be immortal, and I wouldn't even get bored of life, because: 1) I could do different things each time, as mentioned, and 2) if I did get bored I could just rewind to when I was a baby and I'd have forgotten everything. :P

The ability to absorb other superpowers. It's better than just destroying them, because then I get 'em all for myself :biggrin: Barring that, probably shape-shifting. I could sneak off to the local over-priced stores, turn into a translucent liquid, slide under the doors, turn into something that leaves a lot of mucus behind to cover up the cameras, take the LEGO sets that interest me, then sneak out the back door, turning into a liquidy state again, climbing the door, and solidifying to mimic the exact key needed to open the door. Erm...I mean...I'd use it to feed orphans....

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

Miles Completed: 123(+2 Miles) | Today's Time: 1H

8330_s.gif

Exercise time was too bloody hard to fix...forgot to track a few days...sorry.

MOCs: Sah n Dibum - Vehicles Part 1 - Mouldi Pheats - Daleks

Stories: Adventures in the LegoVerse

Interesting Stuff: Shows You're Watching

Not really sure if it counts as a superpower, but I guess I'd take Matrix-esque agility and hand-to-hand combat skills. The problem is, I just think it looks cool, I wouldn't necessarily need it. I guess I'd just take the superpower of being able to summon like some kind of monkey or something who has Matrix-esque agility and hand-to-hand combat skills, just so I could watch it...

The ability to yell out "REMIX!" at any given time and have any music playing in the general area to become a totally rad remix.

Changing mine to be the ability to have the soundtrack of my choice play when I want it ton in real life.
But Guile's theme already goes with everything, so why not just play that everywhere?

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

The ability to yell out "REMIX!" at any given time and have any music playing in the general area to become a totally rad remix.

Changing mine to be the ability to have the soundtrack of my choice play when I want it ton in real life.
But Guile's theme already goes with everything, so why not just play that everywhere?
Because no matter how awesome a track might be you eventually get bored of it?-Dovydas

Because no matter how awesome a track might be you eventually get bored of it?-Dovydas

That's a joke.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

That's a joke.

Key word: Metus.-Dovydas

Telekinesis. I can fly, since I can move around matter, i could effectively build a giant castle and stuff out of the ground, make giant pillars of earth shoot out under my enimies and send them flying a la Pohatu Nuva in one of the 2003 comics, and generally do awesome stuff. Or telepathy because I can control people's thoughts, communicate with animals (implant ideas in their brains), 'convice' people do do things, and things of the sort. Reason why Varian is best character in BIONICLE and why I was writing an epic about her but then the forums died.

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

I would have control over energy. Assuming that Einstein's theory of E=MC squared is true, I would be able to convert energy into matter and back again, giving me limited control over said matter. I would also have some degree of mind-reading ability, if I practiced reading the electrical signals in peoples brains enough. I would also be able to cool anything down by simply removing heat energy from it, and warm things up by adding said heat energy. I would have direct control over various forms of energy, such as light, fire, and electricity. Flying, teleportation, shapeshifting, all included if you can control energy.

Mental powers are my favorite, so I'd just want control of Psyconics in general (Astral Projection, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Psychometery, Mind-Control, Illusion-Making, and more, all in one power.) If it was just one of those, I dunno. I'd probably either go with Telekinesis, Astral Projection, depending if it was on the astral or physical plane (particularly the latter so with practice I could learn to control both copies as a basic form of cloning,) or some sort of elemental control (probably fire, water, ice, or electricity.) Of course, with so many powers it would be hard to choose, so I guess Telekinesis overall, since it can be abused in ways, (or Psychokinesis, depending on definition.)edit: Besides being practical, telekinesis can be abused severely, depending on the level of control. For instance, if you can move water/fire/etc. then you could have hyrdokinesis/pyrokinesis/whateverkinesis. If you could control molecules, you could slow them down or even stop them, freezing them in time, or changing the temperature (possibly forming fire/ice in the process.) You could also do things such as disintegrating things at the molecular level (ala Jean Gray in X-Men 3,) or take things apart and piece them together (like cleanly splitting a Lego brick into two separate ones, or merging two into a single brick.) Flying is the most obvious example, assuming said telekinesis can be used on yourself. Also, if my knowledge of Charmed is correct, astral projection is an ability derived from either telepathy (on the astral plane,) or telekinesis (on the physical plane.) Granted, your powers would be used to keep your spirit in a physical form and separate from your body, but as said before, with practice you could learn to control both your body and your spirit-on-the-physical-plane, using it as a basic form of cloning.Wow, I've thought this out way too much. :P

Edited by Hyper Rarity
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Super strength. Because super strength in my legs automatically adds superspeed to my powers.

Also having super strength you would be in a way, Invincible... oh yeah. What fun....
Not necessarily. I would just have a potent offense. Besides, if you were to apply the powers on this forum to combat, almost all of them would render you practically invincible (moreso than mine actually).

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

To create entire worlds within my mind. And then enter them while going into a trance-like state.

... I actually can do that :wired: Didn't know it was a superpower... As for me, it would probably be the ability to directly transfer what's going on in my mind to the real world. Like making dreams come true, but more... universal. I suppose I'd then lock myself up in a room and continue living in my very personal space/time/world. The thoguht seems somewhat peaceful, or at least pleasant. ._. Edited by Taka Nuvia

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

:kaukau:Here are my thoughts on a few of the powers mentioned: Teleportation: This is often a favorite among people. I think that the movie Jumper did a very good job of making it look very cool. However, I prefer flying more, since it's not quite as easy to abuse and it would be a bit more exhilarating for me. Just the sensation of soaring would be so powerful.Telekenesis: Too powerful for me.Mind Reading: I feel that I would be abusing some fundamental human right to privacy every time I used it. It's not worth it because of my moral objections.Mind-Control: This ability and any abilities along the same lines are sick, and I would prefer this even less than mind reading. I know that I would succumb to some pretty evil temptations.Combat-related powers: I'm not going to be fighting supervillains, assuming that I'm the only person with a power, so combat-related abilities seem to have no use for me.Control over time: Too powerful, and I believe that if time-travel was possible it would be unethical to use it. However, I suppose that I wouldn't mind being able to stop time, assuming that I didn't age during my personal time when the rest of the universe is timeless. That way I could spend years brainstorming and researching ideas so that I could get some of my life's ambitions done sooner, and hopefully more of them than I might have hoped.

Reality warping.Heck, I'm already insane, so it'd be perfect!

Oh EmperorWhenua, you and your... Anyway, I have two ideal powers that come to my mind whenever asked this question. The first is indestructibility. It's a passive ability that takes a lot of worry out of my life. It's not something I have to consciously use. Therefore, I could skydive and not worry about the chances of getting hurt. I could do some dangerous chores. I could be a terrific soldier. The advantage that I see in this ability is that it's more easily associated with heroism and people wouldn't be so uncomfortable to be around me. Who wants to be around a person who can control your mind without you noticing? Even if a person promises not to use their powers on you, the relationship would still be uneasy with distrust and doubt. I suppose that it could work, but still, simple invulnerability represents stability. I suppose I could literally be the person that people beat on when they don't know how to handle their negative feelings, and I've always sort of wanted to be the person that people could take their anger out on because they trust me. The other ability that I always desired was infinite intellect, or at least an IQ of a googleplex or something like that. What good is a power if you don't have the capacity to truly appreciate it. This power inherently gives me that. I can also think of all the potential I could fill and how it so strongly related to many of my ambitions. I would love to write perfect books and write a millions doctoral theses and contribute so much to the world. Then I can hang dozens of Nobels on my fridge and die feeling a true sense of achievement. Perhaps I could also win a hundred Oscars for directing, composing, editing, sound editing, et cetera all in my spare time. Throw in a successful run for the presidency and various other prestigious roles in society in there as well. Then at some point there should also be the invention of a means of viable inter-stellar travel that leads to the colonization of other worlds. My achievements before I die will be so great that I'll be one of the most loved and respected people in history. The only problem would be that it would be impossible to be in a marriage where my spouse could truly appreciate me because there would be so much to me that not even the greatest psychologists could even begin to fathom. There would be a certain distance between me and other people. Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

The Zack Morris Time Out. AKA the ability to stop time. Writing your own future, on your own time. It's like, the best power ever. No government MiB hunting you down to cut you open and figure out how to put your powers in soldiers, so long as you're discrete in your shenanigans, limitless pranking possibilities, fake teleportation -ok, so you have to walk to where you want; get up and move for goodness sakes-, the ability to dodge pretty much everything, the ability to hit anything within reach, and possibly the ability to bring your friends into your time frame and have the totally most rad party ever. It's limitless man. And thanks to the above post, I must mention the possibility to, say, do something productive and go stop wars. It'd take a ****uva of a time to take all the guns away from thousands of troops, but you've got basically forever so it's only limited by your patience and how many friends you can bring around.

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

To be able to surround myself in a cloak of invisibility.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

The power I'd choose is healing. So if I got cut or shot, or anything it would heal almost instantaneously with no scarring. The only downside is, is that I would be able to feel pain. Although I like having that, because it would help me not to abuse my power. So I wouldn't just jump off a building for fun even though I know I'm going to be ok, because I know that when I hit the bottom it'll hurt. Like really badly. I've thought about what superpower I would have if I could choose one, and it's obviously a tough choice, but I would probably go with this. It's just something that I always thought would be awesome to have.Sev

Edited by Republic Commando Sev

dw_s6_keyart.jpg

The Zack Morris Time Out. AKA the ability to stop time. Writing your own future, on your own time. It's like, the best power ever. No government MiB hunting you down to cut you open and figure out how to put your powers in soldiers, so long as you're discrete in your shenanigans, limitless pranking possibilities, fake teleportation -ok, so you have to walk to where you want; get up and move for goodness sakes-, the ability to dodge pretty much everything, the ability to hit anything within reach, and possibly the ability to bring your friends into your time frame and have the totally most rad party ever. It's limitless man. And thanks to the above post, I must mention the possibility to, say, do something productive and go stop wars. It'd take a ****uva of a time to take all the guns away from thousands of troops, but you've got basically forever so it's only limited by your patience and how many friends you can bring around.

Eh, not necessarily. After all, while you may have a certain power, every power has limits. Maybe after like, ten years or so, yeah, you could go unarm a bunch of people. If you're just getting your power, don't expect to be able to freeze anything more than say, a small room. Not to mention, time probably goes on while you've frozen it, which could lead to your ability being discovered if say, there's an antique clock that chimes for every hour (so nine time at 9:00am) and it only goes off, say, three times. Of course, it's probably because I watch way to much Charmed but every power has limits. At least the one with telekinesis could repel bullets and gained astral projection. Once again, I'm way overthinking this. Also, if I wanted a power I could spam less, I'd go with either Pyrokinesis or Hydrokinesis. (maybe Electrokinesis given it's usefulness with power outages and whatnot. :P)
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

I can get that completely stopping the passage of time for myself would be nice. Think of all the things I could fix in said frozen time! That paper that's due tomorrow? I don't have only 2 hours to finish, I have as long as I like! Somebody falling off a building? Stop time and move something soft in place! Burning building going to collapse in 10 seconds with people inside? Not anymore! Somehow, the people are all outside! I would see time-stopping as something that would actually freeze the passage of time, like stopping everything. It wouldn't go on outside, it would just stop, and then when you're done, start again right where it left off.