Bzprpg - Kumu Islets

Friar Tuck

IC: KynaeraLate morningOutside bar, near Docks, Xa-KoroKynaera, standing at the entrance to the bar, had ample time to sidestep one of the pieces of shelf. The other fragment was thrown awry; the first throw's accuracy had been a fluke. Kynaera promptly changed the Skakdi's direction, slamming him into the bottom shelf so what remained of the racks toppled atop him.

OOC: Zyke, LegoLover has already buried me in the shelve, so your dagger probalby missed if you were aiming for where i wasIC: VileVile dug his way up from the remains of the shelve and started throwing fragments of the shelves, bottles of beer, and firewood axes.OOC: Can skakdi channel their power through any weapon or does it have to be a gun type weapon like the lave launcher?

IC: DorumDorum plucked his dagger from the wall behind Vile. "I'm going to kill you," he stated.He kicked Vile in the back, and aimed to deliver the killing blow by thrusting his dagger downwards into the Skakdi's skull.OOC: Constructman, let's be realistic here. Vile's been beaten and battered close to death and he is somehow still up and about, throwing beer bottles at his attackers. He should be dead.And to answer your question, the weapon doesn't have to be a gun, but it does have to be designed to channel the user's element.

67tlbk.png

IC: VileVile saw his attacker and attempted to bite him and rip a piece of him off, even as the knife buried itself in his skull...OOC: Vile is dead. Zyke, you can decided the fate of, ummm, whatever he bit (I think the easiest part of him to bite was either the legs or the crotch, if you want extra comic appeal

Edited by Constructman

IC (Greed)"Finally," the Toa of Air growled. The Skakdi had been irritating beyond belief.The business with the Skakdi concluded, Greed turned back to Ta. "My apologies, my friend. Now, what did you say your name was?"

Edited by Fullmetal Eyrchamist

IC: PurgatoryPurgatory walked over to Dorum and clasped him on the shoulder. "Congratulations friend, you've done this island a service." he said. "That was a clean kill." he said. "It sickens me that such idiotic Skakdi could ever exist." he said, kicking Vile's corpse. "His name did fit, he was vile trash." he said, grinning.

IC: NidiakNidiak stepped over the bruised and bleeding corpse of an unfortunate Skakdi. He didn't know what happened to the guy, and quite frankly he didn't care. He wanted alcohol, and lots of it. Pellin, his third in command and best friend, had died on the last mercenary job, and Nidiak wanted to drown any sorrow he had. He walked into the bar and couldn't see anyone around. So he shouted out to nobody in particular "Hello!? I want the strongest drink you have! Fourteen of them!"OOC: I'm introducing Nidiak and his team here and I will be incredibly stubborn if anyone tries to stop me.

Edited by DoctorCouch

IC: HelsinaHelsina came onto the shore of Xa- Koro and walked up to the Koro, hearing this place was for thugs, she would fit in.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC (Greed)Greed smiled. "Well met, Ta. I saw you fighting this scum off in the bay; you're not a half bad warrior, are you?"The Toa of Air took out his wallet and began counting out widgets, one by one. "You have speed and strength unlike any I've ever seen." His sharp eyes rose to meet Ta's piercing gaze with flinching. "Very impressive."

IC: HelsinaHelsina got to the Koro and walked around to find some clothes. She was gonna start conning people here.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: "Cut to the chase," Ta said, irritated. "Your flattery makes it clear that you want something from me. What is it?"He never particularly cared for so-called 'compliments'. He could understand why the toa used them--there was no shortage of fools who could be made to do anything on pride alone on Mata Nui--but he disliked flattery all the same. The berserker was always impatient, not wishing to waste time in conversation with anyone.The fiery throbbing of his many scars only furthered his irritation. He was constantly mad, irascibility owing to wounds just as much as it owed the actions of those around him. If he could still feel hope in some part of his twisted soul, then it would be that this proposal might sate that rage and dull his pain with blood.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

OOC:Tirax from Le.IC:Tirax walked into Xa-koro, and strode to the beach on the south after noting an Inferno poster. Spotting Vilor, he shouted, "Report from Ziraul!"Vilor strode forward, his face angery. He picked Tirax up by the neck, and growled in a tone worse than that of a mutant Muaka, "What has delayed your report?""Ziraul did.""Typical of that Toa of Sonics. Were he not so efficient with his results, then he would be long dead. What news?" Vilor did not set Tirax down. If he carried bad news, he wouldn't get the chance to run. Tirax knew this, and answered quickly with a note of fear, "Ziraul has infiltrated the ILS, and seeks new recruits and an alleigence. I suspect that we may recruit the Toa of Lightning who was once chased by Miraul's number, though I know not of Ziraul's plans or the Toa's willingness. A Kualsi might help us even if it is not a Kakama. ZIraul also challenged Miraul for leadership of the team, to test their alleigence to him, but it seemed rather unanimous. They also brought a crazy crossbowmen in for arrest by the Ta-Koro guard, whom she had assulted. And intell on Pala-koro and a Makuta servant there-the village itself has a fortified wall, which seemed fairly basic to me. One of Makuta's servants, an elite, I would suspect, by his powers. He used shadow and earth against someone whom he held a grudge. They wound up beheaded. Ziraul suspects that he wears a mask that controls shadows or earth, kind of like the Garai.""Interesting. A figure to ensure we do not cross paths with in the interests of profit." Vilor dropped Tirax."Now stay and help with our recruiting, or go home and get ready to carry another message."OOC:Tirax to Le.IC:Takari continued to watch local establishments for potential recruits.OOC:DoctorCouch, Zacax, would you be interested in the Black Inferno? If so, talk to Takari. (And PM me.)

Edited by Tabby: Toa of Cats

IC: DorumDorum thanked Purgatory with a big, stupid grin on his face. Then, some other Toa walked up and demanded a drink."Hey, buddy," he grunted, "in case you didn't notice, this place isn't exactly in working condition."He gestures to the toppled shelves, broken walls, and shards of wet glass scattered about.
IC: PurgatoryPurgatory watched as Dorum talked to some other Toa. "So what do you want to do now buddy?" he asked, casting his new friend a cocky grin. "If only there were some more idiotic Skakdi for us to kill." he said. He motioned to Ta, "It seems that the two of you have something in common, those spiky things on your back that makes you crazy." he said. "Perhaps the three of us should band together, especially since each of us killed one of those cool dudes, I could see us working well together." he said.

IC (Greed)"And sharp as a knife," Greed added calmly, who was surprisingly not intimidated in the slightest by Ta's menacing demeanor. He continued counting widgets, one by one, into his palm."As you wish: I'll cut to the chase: I want nothing from you." The Toa of Air looked Ta in the eye as he said this; he wasn't lying. "However, I do believe I can help you."He looked the Toa up and down. He wore scarred, pitted armour, which was a mottled black and red, and the skin the was visible as covered in angry-looking scars. His voice had been low and full of irritation, and from the look of the corpse he had carried, he had been plenty angry at the Toa he had killed: the body was mutilated.Greed took a stab in the psychological dark. "You're angry, my friend. You want a chance to prove to the island that you are powerful, and to be feared."I am recruiting a team of Toa to take this island for Makuta. We have cunning and strength, but we lack one thing: fear. We lack the raw power that puts fear in the heart and sets the knees to shaking."The Toa of Air smiled darkly. "Join me, and you will be feared. You will be powerful; Matoran will hear your name and cower. Your wrath will be sated; your desires will be fulfilled."

IC: Ta's kanohi tightened into a grimace, powerful fists clenching and unclenching at his sides. The berserker's teeth gnashed. He almost snarled.Out of all the possible things this guy could have said in response, he had just proposed to him the one offer that he was unable to refuse.And he hated himself for it.Ta shortly calmed his outward appearance and rebuffed his rage. It wasn't really absent, of course; he was always angry. Nothing anyone did, least of all the manipulative Le-Toa, could change that. But a thin smile yet found its way to his black lips."Gladly."

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC (Greed)The Toa of Air's smile didn't waver. "I'm glad to have you, my... wrathful friend."Turning away, Greed closed his eyes and breathed deeply. When he opened them again, red irises glowing, he smiled.Calling upon the wind to carry his voice across the harbour, the Toa of Air called for his compatriots. "Toa Daedra! We leave now, for Ga-Koro!"

IC: YickYick found Nidiak in the remains of a half-destroyed bar. I hope he didn't do this, the hulking Skakdi thought to himself as he dragged his team leader away from the wreckage and onto the boat they'd hired. "SLANNAK! GET US BACK TO GA-KORO!" he shouted to the ship's... driver? Yick didn't know what to call her and quite frankly he didn't care. He just wanted to get away from this pile of Ussal droppings they called an island.IC: SlannakSlannak set up the ship and set sail towards Ga-Wahi, giving off a delighted squeal as she did so.OOC: Nidiak, Slannak and Yick to Ga-Wahi

Edited by DoctorCouch

IC: KynaeraLate morningDocks, Xa-KoroKynaera joined the other Daedra as they boarded the ferry. She didn't say a word till the ferry broke away from the Docks, and even then her words were spoken only in an aside to Greed: "I hope you know what you're doing."Before Greed could respond, she had meandered down the palisade to a quiet spot near the stern of the ferry. She didn't look like she wanted to talk.OOC: Is everyone okay with going to Ga-Koro?

Edited by Legolover-361

IC: Baruk stepped onto the ferry behind Pride, seating himself near her. He looked around boredly for a few minutes, drumming his fingers against the side of the boat as the ferry pushed off and slowly picked up speed. He turned to Pride. "D--" The other Ba-Toa cut him off with a glance. Baruk returned to drumming his fingers for a few minutes, then stood suddenly. Maybe one of the others had something to eat.OOC: Daedra to Ga-Wahi.

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: Utu"We aren't special Utu."Utu's eyes flittered open, all white assaulting his eyes. He blinked a few times before suddenly realizing what happened. He turned over, coughing and spitting up what he thought would've been water. Instead, he found his throat to be exceptionally dry. He felt as though it was hard desert earth, cracked and broken up. He gasped at the sudden pain in his throat, only making it worse.He closed his eyes and breathed in carefully through his nose in an attempt to prevent the pain from spiking again. He could hear a pumping sound, almost like waves washing along the beach. But it was not the beach. The pumping sound was in actuality, a pump, pushing air through makeshift tubes into his nose."I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. I've been trying to figure out why you can't see it and I think I've got it."It was at that moment, that Utu realized he was not on the beach. He was in a small room, lying on a hard table of stone in the center. The blinding light before was the lightstones behind a thin sheet of what he assumed was partridge. His pupils adjusted to the rest of the room as he examined it fastidiously, taking in his surroundings. Utu first looked at the wall as he slowly sat upright, careful not to move too quickly as he was very dizzy, and felt as though he might faint again. The wall itself was stone, smoothed almost perfectly, no curvature between the roof, wall, and corners. Attached to the wall was metal pipes, similar to those of the Ta-Koro refineries. There was a closed metal door."Really? Why is that? Why am I, blind? To see that we've been given such a wonderful gift?"They ran all along the wall, branching off into machinery positioned near the ground, and to what appeared to be a generator of some kind, pumping off steam. It was connected to the breathing apparatus next to it; positioned behind Utu's head. The pump itself was tall, reaching halfway up the wall. Two main pumps pushed in and out, alternating. In the center just below that was a gear system. Below that was where the "nose pipes" extended from.He reached up cautiously and gripped the pipes. Gingerly, he made a face before giving them a light tug. Upon noticing it took little effort to move them, he continued to pull gingerly and haltingly. It took a moment, but he eventually removed the mucus covered apparatus at least a foot long. He breathed in again, still painfully, before turning about from his bed, attempting to locate his blade which was apparently not in the strange room."You don't see it because you don't want to."Utu continued to pass his sore eyes over the desks and machinery about the room. Upon the desks were notepads and books strewn about lazily. And in various places, there was sketches all over old decrepit papers. To the right of those, there was a taller desk with surgical items set up carefully in contrast to the mess of the desks. His brow furrowed. Things were getting stranger and stranger."You're afraid of it. Of yourself. I can feel it, the fear. Almost taste it,"He surely wasn't on the beach, and he couldn't be in Ga-Koro anywhere. Was he in the afterlife? Utu stopped for a moment to think. It couldn't be the afterlife. What kind of afterlife was, what appeared to be, a lab or a surgical station? Did he survive?"You want it gone because you're afraid of it, but you also want the inimical. You love it don't you?"Impossible. There was no way anybody could've lived through what happened to him.Did I die?Utu looked down to examine himself, to find his torso covered in bandages. He suddenly remembered why they would be there like it was yesterday. Was it yesterday? Yuru betrayed him, and took him by surprise, knocking him about before he could react. Iris in Tuara's body could not protect him; the only fail safe he had set up for himself, and Yuru overtook him with blades and plants. He tore his chest open, smashed his mask, injected him with poison, and drowned him after beating him around a bit. He reached up to his face to feel he was still wearing the Miru he forcefully wrenched from the Matoran in the bar.Something new was the vest he was currently wearing. Thick, and padded, it was heavy.Anger welled up inside him. He was played by Tank, who, Utu assumed, found a way to create more Marks, making Utu useless, and hindering to his plans. Unless Yuru took his Mark. Utu hurriedly went to lift up the sleeve of his cloak only to realize he wore none. Frantically he positioned his head and his arm in the proper viewing position."Admit it. Call it what it is Tank. A gift."He sighed in relief, utterly mitigated to see the familiar Mark of Fear pulsing slightly with each heart beat. He let out a deep breath as he dropped his arms into his lap. He looked at it again, this time paying closer attention to the numbers placed just under his Mark. Ticking down. Utu’s brow drooped a little, confusing. Probably important. Hopefully not important.The still (thankfully) Mark Bearer of Fear stood up slowly, his knees shaking with the weight. His legs were worn and weak. The vest, Utu realized it made him seem even larger than before, beefier. He looked up, shielding his eyes from the light above him in an attempt to look through the lone door. He wasn't sure, but he thought he could see a set of windows, hardly able to be seen through because of the vines and leaves that were in the way. In front of that, there appeared to be another desk. This one much neater than the ones in his room. And at it, a discernible outline of a Toa, crouched over the desk, head down over carefully lit partridge. Utu stopped again.Now was the time to stay quiet.He moved over the surgical equipment, and grabbed hold of the largest sharp object on the tray; a scalpel. The Toa of ice shuffled silently into the next room. The only sounds heard were the scratching of feather pen on rough parchment. The walls were lined with shelves and shelves of book, some bound with a spine, others in wire or twine."You're awake."Utu, upon realizing the Toa before him knew he was there prepared to strike. But something stopped him from lunging at his would-be-victim; other than the fact he could hardly stand let alone walk. The Toa just continued to write.Utu attempted to speak through a sorely dry throat, "What-" He cleared his throat before trying again, "What hap-""To your left, there is a small table with a gourd on it; it is full." The being didn't look up from his work. Utu reached slowly for the water, refusing to take his eyes of the Toa, he took hold of it groggily before twisting the cap off just as clumsily. Upon opening it, he brought it up to his face in a hurry, no longer caring if the Toa that sat before him moved. He was completely engrossed in the water now running hastily down his throat. Upon downing the whole drink he returned to his previous alertness; ready for the being to make a move.He didn't."Where am I?" Utu struggled to form the words, his voice still quite sore.The being finally stopped writing and sat up straight. Upon sitting erect in his chair, the Toa spoke again, "You're in my study."Utu did not roll his eyes, but he was not amused, "Where is your study?""It is a part of my labs and home."Utu was already bored of the Toa's smart-alec responses. He raised his voice ever so slightly, "What Koro is this?"The Toa started writing again, "We are not in a Koro Utu, we're on the Kumu-Islets."Utu tilted his head weakly, "Who are you and how do you know my name?"The Toa placed his pen down carefully and stood up. He was of average height, built equality about with a long sword at his side. He wore a cloak made of what appeared to be fine cloth. Think and heavy. Expensive too, as they were littered with intricate designs in gold in contrast to the black. He turned around. The Toa wore the mask of Bio mechanics, and gloves that had cut off fingers seen. The Toa was colored brown. A Toa of stone it seemed. His jaw line was defined, and his face was long. His bright green eyes held intellectuality on their own, and yet they seemed deceiving, as though they were hiding behind what the rest of his face was saying.He adjusted his footing, tilting his head slightly. Scalpel in hand, eyes narrowed, "Why do you know my name?""My name is Arekule," A slight smile crept across the Toa of stone’s face, “And I made you.”Utu titled his head, but didn't say anything. A good minute passed before Utu opened his mouth to speak.“You’re Arekule,” He turned his head slightly, his eyes narrow, “Kearrstrun said you died.Arekule shrugged, “Kearrstrun lost his mind Utu, he’s not remembering things the way they happened,” There was complete silence, minus the occasional puffs of steam in the other room, until Arekule spoke again, motioning to a chair, “Please. You mustn’t stand more than your body will allow. You’ve been through a lot.”Utu reluctantly moved over to the chair before sitting down carefully, never taking his glowing blue eyes off the robed Toa before him. After a while he spoke again, “Am I dead?“Good heavens no. You are as alive as the birds and breeze in the trees, or the water on the beach.”How?“By “How” I am assuming you are inquiring whether or not it is possible for you to be alive considering what happened to you. I can assure you, It took a lot of work simply to keep your heart beating and your lungs working. You were not dead when I found you again, you were in comatose. Something I did not expect. It seems freezing yourself once you entered the water did enough to preserve your wellbeing,” Arekule was very expressive with his hands and face. Energetic, “I did not expect you to survive, but I had to try.”Utu raised an eyebrow as he shuffled weakly. He was in a coma all that time? , “How long?Arekule bobbed his head back and forth, looking up as though trying to think, “A couple months now. Long enough for your wounds to heal up, minus the scarring, which I afraid will be permanent. A good exchange instead of dying, I’m sure you would agree.”The Toa of ice tried to stand up, but Arekule motioned to him otherwise, taking a step forwards, “No, no, no. You must rest. I will go get you more drink and water, we’ve got a lot to talk about.”Utu didn’t say anything verbally, but he agreed. They had a lot to talk about.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC: Infernavika and crew from Ga-WahiIC (Lohkar)Dusk was appearing as the Infernavika began to approach the docks of Xa-Koro. Lohkar gently guided her into a berth, before flicking two levers on the helm to lock the wheel and lower the anchor."Oi, Lasinia, Mimira!" Lohkar shouted to the card-players. "Moor 'er up an' run out the gangplank!"With that, he stepped neatly off the side of the ship and dropped onto the jetty, where he tossed a couple of widgets to a dock attendant."Ah, smell that," he said to nobody in particular. "No place like Xa."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Utu – Arekule's Study – Chapter 2The room was only slightly larger than the one Utu woke up in. There was carpet, and the chairs and desk were made of wood. The bookshelves were made of stone, just as smooth as the walls in the surgical room. If Arekule lived in this building, he must’ve lived well.He marveled at the craftsmanship of the place in Arekule’s absence. To his left was the door he entered in, to his right were the windows, and across the way from where his was sitting, and a little to the right, was the door Arekule had just stepped through to get more water and a meal.He wasn’t gone as long as Utu had anticipated. And when he returned, he returned with a hot plate of food, and the refilled gourd of water. Utu hastily scarfed down the first bit of the meal before slowing down to appreciate the taste. Arekule watched him intently, hardly ever taking his eyes off the Toa of ice. After Utu was finished his meal, he sipped at the gourd. Utu chewed his lip carefully and took another sip, “I’d like you ask you a few questions.”Arekule smirked, “Utu, if you were ask me a question, it would lead to another set of questions which would all lead to their own set of questions.”Utu nodded slowly, “So you’ll be guiding this conversation.”Arekule nodded, “Over time I can speak with you on more open a playing field. But for now, I think it is best I take care of what we talk about.”Utu nodded and took another swig, not too satisfied with the answer he was given, but with the promise of answers later on he could wait. He was sure it would be worth the wait. After all.He died for this.“Yuru broke a rule in trying to kill you,” The Toa of Stone sat in his own chair a couple feet away from Utu, leaning forwards with his hands clasped together, “None of you were supposed to die, especially by the hand of each other. Death… Overcomplicates everything. If they come back like in Dorian’s case, we’re lucky. But if we lose one, the Mark either has to be taken, or a new must be made.”“You knew they could be transferred.”Arekule nodded, “Tillian was not the first.”Utu’s curiosity perked, but he restrained himself, thinking back to what Arekule said about the conversation earlier.“Making a new Mark requires a very large quantity of extremely rare resources; and in turn, a lot of time. It’s not ideal. I made a mistake in giving the Marks out to those that I did. I should’ve made sure they could work and live together without trying to kill each other at any possible moment. You were always conserving of Bearer life, but Yuru didn’t care enough. Apparently neither did,” Pause, “the Toa of Sands.”Utu titled his head, “You don’t know him? The Toa of Sands I mean.”Arekule shook his head.“He calls himself Tank. He has no recollection of his past. You don’t know him?” Interesting.Utu filed that one into his mental file cabinets.“Was he in my journal?” Arekule asked the question with outspread hands.Utu shook his head, “Not that I remember.”Arekule paused again, “Then I do not know him.”“Then why does he have a Mark?” Utu asked, attempting to keep the interest out of his voice, only half-heartedly succeeding.“We’ll discuss that later.” Arekule’s tone was flat to match the new expression he wore. It was clear he didn’t want to talk about it. Utu, of course, didn’t care.Utu sat up straighter, “How about we discuss it now?”Arekule smirked, a smug look across his face appeared, “If I explain that I’ll have to explain many other things to make any of it make sense. If you’ll allow me to continue-”Utu sat back into his seat, once again dissatisfied, “Fine.”OOC:TL;DR-Tillian was confirmed to not be the first Bearer to "contract" a Mark.Yuru was never meant to kill Utu. Basically stuff we already knew.Arekule doesn't know who Tank is.

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Mimira - Infernavika, Kumu Islets -Mimira hadn't even noticed that the ship was no longer in Ga-koran waters, not that she'd really know the difference. "Let's see....you got anyway....eight?" "Oi, Lasinia, Mimira!" Lohkar shouted to the card-players. "Moor 'er up an' run out the gangplank!"Mimira perked up, "Okay Captain Sir!" Mimira shouted back. "Hey Lasinia..." she whispered. "What's a gangplank?"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Gunner - InfernavikaBarely reacting to the ship's landing, I quickly got to work rounding up my equipment. Sword, widgets, alcohol. Y'know, the normal stuff.With that done, I hauled myself over onto the railing, shifting my weight so that I could sit comfortably, without fear of falling off.I glanced back, noting Mimira and Lasinia, still grouped around the table. Judging by the quizzical expression on the Matoran's face, I could only guess that she was bewildered by Lohkar's orders to the two of them. I probably could've remedied the situation, but that would have done nothing to teach the kid.Instead, I just sat, patiently waiting.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Utu – Arekule’s Study – Chapter 2Arekule nodded, “Thank you. Now without you, Kearrstrun has given the Mark to somebody else.”Utu boiled with anger inside. Nobody deserved his Mark more than he. In fact, if it were up to him, he would’ve been the only one. The others were too weak. The only one that came close to deserving the power he currently had on his arm was Dorian. He would’ve thought Yuru, had he not been stabbed in the back by him.It wasn’t even the part that Yuru turned on him that bothered him the most. It was why he turned. He was a pawn of Tank’s, a piece to be played in a game. A tool to be used, swayed by cheap tricks and smooth talking. And he fell for it. Pathetic.A thought crossed his mind.The image of Utu cutting Yuru apart came into his mind’s eye. Once he was out of this place. And once he found that Toa. He was going to make him pay tenfold for what he did. Or, failed to do that is. He’d hang him high for all to see. He would be made an example for the next Toa that tried to cross him. And once he was done with Yuru, perhaps he’d move onto Tank.“Who?”“Skyra. A close friend of Tillian. You’ve met before.”Utu nodded. Yet on the inside his anger blipped. Although after thinking about it for a moment, it’s not like there was anybody out there who deserved the Mark of Fear as much as he did.“How do you know?”“Kearrstrun was not my only assistant. Although I do admit, he is not easy to find. Or capture. I’m surprised he let you two take him like he did.”Skyra was added to the list of people Utu would kill.Utu with narrowed eyes leaned in a little, “What do you mean let us?”“Kearrstrun can’t be caught. Not unless he wants to be,” Arekule’s face seemed to radiate concern. Also condescending, “He wanted you to find the journal, and he wanted Tank to read its contents. Something I had specifically instructed against.”“Why? I’m sure you were worried about your knowledge being passed around, but why have an issue with Tank specifically? Why not me or the others.”“I was unaware as to who he was. His intentions might’ve been ill-favored. You must understand that information in the wrong hands is not something we want.”Utu nodded.“Anyways; Yuru’s leadership has left the group weaker than it once was even if his methods were more… desirable than yours. Albeit only slightly. The group disbanded shortly after your... Accident. That was just before the countdown.”Arekule seemed inclined to make the similar mistake Utu made: He believed controlling the Mark Bearers was possible. The Mark Bearer of Fear took another look at the timer.“Once those numbers hit zero, you die,” Utu looked up, “Unless you feed it, which I have been doing for you.”Utu’s eyebrow raised slightly as he dropped the sleeve and leaned forward, hands locked together, “Who did you get your hands on?”Arekule didn’t smile, instead avoiding the answer, “I’d rather not say.”Utu smiled a little, both at the thought of fear and the thought of Arekule somehow becoming afraid, or using a prisoner. Either was just as entertaining. Perhaps Arekule wasn’t so bad after all, “What’s this vest for?”Arekule motioned to it, “It was the system I used to keep your heart beating manually. Almost like CPR, besides the air support being on a separate system. I had a Toa electrify the system when it was needed; your heart… stopping. I hadn’t taken it off.”Arekule waved his hand, dismissing the current conversation, “Anyways, since the timers, the group has had problems continuing with the program-“Utu moved slightly, his own bright blue eyes clouding with intrigue, “You and Kearrstrun continued to refer to all this as the “program”. What’s the program? The testing?”Arekule eyed Utu with a sort of skepticism, obviously a little irritated at Utu’s question asking, “I finished testing a long time ago. I’ve gathered as much information I would ever need. The next step is opening a temple-““The temple on the Kumu-Islets.”Arekule nodded, “Yes.”Silence. An awkward silence, almost a minute. Until Utu finally burst out “That’s the program? You don’t even know what’s in there do you?”“The temple is the reason I decided to look into Marks in the first place. Testing the capability of the Runes was only first because I wanted to make sure I could leave them on the subjects long enough for us to open the doors. I was worried the Marks would stop operating properly after too long,” He looked off to the side, lost in thought, “Besides, I’d rather the Bearers themselves discover their destiny on their own. It makes the success more… Satisfying.”Utu’s interest was perked again, his eyebrows raised. After a while Utu spoke, his baritone voice falling flat against the bookshelves, “What’s our destiny?”Arekule tilted his head away, still seeming to look off into the distance. He took a long while to answer, “As I’ve said before, when the realization is organic, the experience is much more rewarding.”Utu’s eyes narrowed slightly. It didn’t make much sense. Granted, neither did a lot of things. “What is our destiny?”Arekule looked down at his feet. Hesitating to answer. It might’ve had something to do with the anxious fear building inside him over his next words. Utu felt it, and knew the answer before Arekule spoke it, “I don’t know.”Utu stood up. Arekule had no answers from him. He dodged every question he asked, and every answer to every major question was more cryptic than the last. Arekule stood up in protest, but Utu shoved past him and swept a couple books of the table, including the papers and letters on the desk.“Hey! Give those back!”The Toa of ice pushed Arekule again, knocking him into his shelf, this time making his way to the next room.“Utu, wait!”OOC:TL;DR-Arekule told Utu who has the Mark of Fear. Kearrstrun was not the only assistant of Arekule's apparently.Kearrstrun, according to Arekule, can't be caught unless he wants to be.Much to Utu's dismay, Arkeule doesn't know what's inside the temple, or what his destiny is.Utu, frustrated, has gotten up to leave, on his way he's picked up a couple things from Arekule's desk.

Edited by We Are Legion

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Utu – Arekule’s Study – Chapter 2Utu stumbled into the next room which appeared to be a kitchen of some sort, he didn’t spend much time in that room however, as he moved onto the next one. So far, the building seemed to be circular with many rooms on the outside, with the surgical room in the center. Utu stepped into the next room.“Utu!”Utu heard Arekule’s footsteps behind him but made no effort to face him, “Where is my blade?”Arekule was caught up now, and was right behind the massive Toa who had some trouble fitting through the doors. This room seemed to be some sort of living space. A bed, another desk, and a window. He continued on.“You can’t leave yet, you aren’t well enough.”“Do you want to try forcing me to stay?” Utu said loudly, limping slightly, “Because we can go down that road if you’d really like.”Arekule sighed, “You won’t survive out there.”Utu scoffed, “I can handle a few Rahi.”“But Kumu-Islet Rahi?”Utu moved into the next room a closed door on his left, leading into the room he woke up in. This room held various tool, weapons were mounted on the wall, one of which was Utu’s sword. To his right was what Utu assumed was the front door. He stalked over to his sword, “I died once. It seems, Doctor, that you’ve forgotten that.”Arekule moved in between Utu and the door, “I can’t let you leave Utu.”“That’s quite alright,” Utu lifted up his blade and it’s holster, still a little weakly, “You don’t have to let me past,” Utu moved over to Arekule who looked up to face the massive Toa of ice, “Move or I’ll move you myself.”Arekule breathed out deeply and stepped aside. Utu stepped past and pushed open the door to see a lush jungle, covered in large plants and trees with many vines. The midday sun lit the clearing well, giving the foliage a sort of glow. He started walking through the thick underbrush.“Wait.”Utu stopped, but did not turn to face Arekule.“You’re special.”Utu turned around his head. That caught his attention.“I’m not quite sure how to explain it, but when we branded you, something happened. Something that never happened before and never happened again.”Utu completely turned around. Skeptical, but interested. After a moment of silence, Utu broke it, “What? What happened?”Arekule looked off into the distance, “It spoke.”Utu raised an eyebrow, “It?”“Your Mark.”His Mark spoke? How? Why?Utu moved angrily back towards the door, towards Arekule, “What do you mean it spoke?” He spat, “It grew a mouth and learned Matoran?” He gestured hastily with his arm. When Arekule said nothing, Utu shouted again, “Speak! If this is so important, let it be said!”“You awoke in the middle of the procedure, the Mark active without any form of Fear to go off of. But it was different. Your eyes lit up like a flame. Bright white. That was when you, floated.”Utu’s face contorted slightly, “Floated. I started levitating?”Arekule nodded breathlessly, “You opened your mouth. But when the words came out, it was another voice,” Arekule shook his head, “We’ve seen alternate personalities able to exist within a Mark such as in Jikal’s case, but you showed no signs of a split personality.”Utu didn’t say anything for a while, he just looked down at his feet, “What did I say?”“That we made a mistake.”Utu turned his head a little, “How so?”Arekule hesitated for a moment, nodding cautiously, “We started something we should’ve left alone. We… Woke something up.”Utu raised an eyebrow but did not speak.“We thought we could contain it, but when Yuru tried for your life, I realized that I could no longer avoid direct measures.”Utu bit his lip, “Just what did you awake?”“Evil incarnate. And if it continues to walk this island, everything we’ve ever known will be destroyed.”Utu scoffed and turned around, walking away through the bush into the thick jungle.“Let it walk.”Utu continued on his walk through the thick foliage, occasionally hearing loud birds, the leaves around him rustling with a slight breeze. Behind him he heard footsteps, jogging. Arekule came behind him, attempting to talk to him.I need your help Utu.”“Then next time, just ask me instead of trying to trick me into it. It makes everything easier for you when I say no.”“If we don’t stop what’s been set in motion, Mata-Nui will fall.”Unbelievable. Kearrstrun wasn’t kidding when he said Arekule was crazy. Another thought crossed his mind. He may have been serious about Arekule losing his mind, but how serious had he been of his death?“Whatever evil you speak of does not exist.”“No! I assure you, it is real!” Sad, desperation. Utu expected more. It was disappointing really.Utu turned around and stomped towards the other Toa, towering over him, “Really!? Where is it then Arekule? Where is the embodiment of evil? Can you point me to it?!”“Its Tank.”OOC:TL;DR-Despite Arekule's protesting, Utu left.Arekule told Utu, during his "branding", he not only levitated, he spoke. Or rather, his Mark spoke.During it's time speaking, it warned they had woken up an evil greater than anything seen before.And according to Arekule, that evil, is Tank.

Edited by We Are Legion

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Desdemona (Tactical Panda, Xa-Koro)"That's it. That's it. We're moving back to the mainland."And...so they did, i guess. I don't know, this is really just a filler post because I want to get the Mark Bearer plot moving and...this plot needs to get moving, and I really don't think I have any other characters here. Of course, Desdemona didn't know this, so she just sailed...back to the mainland.OOC: Tactical Panda to Le-Wahi.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Utu – Kumu-Islets – Chapter 2Utu stopped walking once more. Refusal to believe Arekule seemed like the natural decision here.Tank cared too much to be what one would define as evil. He valued life. He avoided manipulating others whenever possible. He wanted to get rid of an object that made him hurt others, of course because of his weakness. Despite his blindness to his gift, Tank was too good hearted to be destructive. Even Utu saw that.Mata-Nui, what kind of world did Utu live in? Tank, both Utu’s greatest friend and enemy. Utu was perplexed, confused, and conflicted. No; words could not define the complexity of the feeling.Arekule looked at him with his green eyes, as though expecting some sort of epiphany. Utu didn’t give him one.After a little silence Utu sort of shrugged, “And?”Arekule furrowed his brow, “What do you mean “and”?”Utu leaned forward, his tone condescending, “I don’t care.”“You don’t care.”“Should I say it louder this time?” Utu’s voice had already begun to rise.“What do you mean you don’t care?” Arekule was almost disgusted with Utu’s response, obviously confused.“You’re the genius. I’m sure if you put that little head of yours to work you can figure it out.”Arekule readjusted his tone, probably realizing his current approach was doing nothing for him. This one seemed to command authority, “I need you to stop him, and you have to be the only person who knows why.”Silence.“You seem to have forgotten who I am,” The Mark Bearer of Fear tilted his head.He pointed at himself, his voice raising, causing a few birds perched nearby to take flight, “My name is Utu Kotore, I have eradicated entire villages, broken the bodies of Vortixx and Skakdi, and I came back from the dead. I will not be tricked, mislead, or manipulated into helping you control; whatever it is you think you’re trying to control. It’s pathetically mundane and entirely hopeless.”Utu stepped closer and gave Arekule a shove, sending him off balance, “You probably think quite a lot of yourself, thinking you’re special somehow. Trying to play God, play a game with pieces you have no chance of controlling, or even comprehending. And it’s because of one reason, you’re weak, ”Utu aggressively pushed Arekule up against the nearest tree, and leaned down to get his own face close to his. Utu’s Mark glowed a little, “No matter how you roll the dice, you’re a fool. And you’re even less respectable if you think I care about Mata-Nui’s fate, or yours. And I sure as Karz am not going to manipulated by a fool. So do yourself a favor and go back to your desk. Plan, plot, come up with more schemes you’ll never be able to follow through with. Because right now, in this moment, I’d much like to kill you. My Mark has not been fed its fill since Yuru betrayed me.”The Mark flared up again.“The only reason I don’t, is because of what’s inside this,” Utu tapped Arekule’s temple, “But if you aren’t here when I come back, I’ll disregard that information for my true hungers, find you, and reintroduce you to fear.”He turned around again, stomping off into the jungle again, “Follow me, and I’ll wrench your neck from your head.”Arekule still didn’t move from his position against the wall, too concerned for his welfare to try anything that didn’t include being completely still, “W-where are you going?”“To kill Yuru. Then Skyra. And every Toa that’s ever crossed me,” He stopped before turning around for the last time, a sadistic hint in the form of his lips. Classic Utu fashion, “Except for Tank.”Utu didn’t look back.He’d return one day. When Arekule had some real answers for him. Providing it was Arekule. It might’ve just been a creation; a visualization and a personification of what Utu thought Arekule was. Karz, Utu might really been dead, and Arekule’s response to that was simply a lie. Utu might have finally lost his mind. Snapped.He’d come back to that later.He took note of all the surroundings he could, trying to memorize as much as possible. If nobody had found Arekule before, Utu anticipated finding him again would not be easy. If he had kept his existence secret for this long, there was a good chance he planned something like this might happen.Utu looked down at the books he swiped from Arekule’s desk. One was labeled “Test Feeds”, the second was labeled simply, “Marks”. He’d read them later. But first, he’d have to look at what Arekule had been writing. Utu shoved the spare pages into one of the books.Utu heard rustling in the bushes. It couldn’t be Arekule, although he assumed Arekule would send somebody to monitor his movements, Utu doubted it would have happened so quickly. Besides, it wasn’t like the Rahi on these islets were notorious for being… Different. He eyed the area around him carefully.He wore no cloak, just him, his armor, the vest, and his sword at his side.After walking for a while, Utu came to the edge of a cliff. He stopped to survey the area. Arekule’s Lab was on the smaller of the Kumu-Islets it seemed. To his left was the larger island, south, to his right, north, would be Le-Wahi. He decided without looking at the sun, he had been moving west. Off in the distance, only a couple hundred yards away was the edge of another cliff. This cliff however was different. Among the vegetation, strange structures could be faintly seen against the cliff wall, built into it.He shielded his eyes from the sun, squinting, trying to make out the odd shapes.Utu decided a closer look was in order. Besides, maybe this was the temple Arekule wrote about. In actuality, it probably was. The chances of a random temple on the Kumu-Islets and not being the temple Arekule wrote about were pretty unlikely.He made his way over to a less lethal edge of the land and started his way down.OOC:TL;DR-Arekule wants Utu to kill Tank, and he "Can be the only person that knows why."Utu refuses, promising to kill those that crossed him, except for Tank, just out of spite for Arekule.Utu spots the Temple, and is making his way over to it.

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Kellin (Ruins, Xa-Koro)Oh, wait, Kellin's still here. Cool. Sorry, Snipe, I probably look like I'm rushing you and all, but--Anyway."Hey, there," Kellin said, turning around and barely smiling at Nilyn. "You made it out. Good."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Utu – Kumu-Islets – Chapter 2Upon reaching the bottom of the precarious ledge Utu dropped a couple feet, landing on the soft grass in the clearing. The place reminded him of the jungles of Le-Wahi, only… Different. Le-Wahi was a swamp, this small island had ground as hard as any other Koro. He had not expected as much. Utu had never been to any of the Kumu-Islets and he had never really heard many stories about them that didn’t focus on strange Rahi.He started walking again, making sure he wasn’t still being followed. His mind wandered as he continued on through the trees.Why would Arekule think Tank to be destructive? It didn’t add up. His eyes narrowed to match his thoughts. And how would Arekule not know who Tank was? He made the Marks. Skipping the Mark of Pain didn’t make sense. At least not to him. He didn’t understand much of anything that’s been happening in the last couple years. Kearrstrun maybe? It seemed possible for Kearrstrun to go rogue and apply another Mark without Arekule’s permission. Apparently, he did a few things without his masters permission.He thought back to what his old life was like before the other Bearers appeared, when he was one of a kind. Completely unique. Powerful, all on his own. He didn’t have to rely on cheap tricks. Unstoppable. Unmatchable.Then Salamander came along.His conversation with the Toa of fire in Ga-Koro would’ve been more satisfying if he got to smash him into pieces. At least smack his mask inside out. Although at the time, he knew nothing good could’ve come from it. If he knew he was about to die he might’ve indulged a bit more. But Salamander wasn’t the reason Utu was stopped.It was Yuru. An equal, only in Mark. He was a pawn in a game Tank had played.Maybe Arekule was right about Tank. He seemed to know more than he let on, and he conveniently had “visions” whenever they needed more information. But he had let Utu out of the cells in Ta-Koro.Utu sighed.He didn’t know. The gears in his head clicked and whirred. He needed a plan. But where to start? He bit his lip, he supposed the best place to start was twisting around Yuru’s head so far his neck bones pop through his neck.Utu entered the next clearing, the fabled temple; massive, standing before him.Utu stopped to stare at the structure before him. It was impressive. The first thought that came to his mind was a question. Who built it?He shook his head. It didn’t matter. All that mattered was what, or who, they built it for. Him.Arekule said so himself, even though the Toa of stone was a blundering fool, Utu was special.He started walking again, making his way to the faded sandstone steps, overgrown with vines and moss. Upon reaching the top of the stairs he stared at the doors, covered in Marks. Each Rune was carved perfectly an inch into the sandstone wall. In the center was the Mark of Fear.He went up to touch it, and when he did, it started to glow a deep purple as his Mark.Utu retracted his arm and titled his head, the Mark on the door no longer glowing. A feeling overcame him almost immediately. He wanted in. And he’d get in too. After he fulfilled his vendetta.Yes, Yuru’s neck was a good place to start. Wait. No. He needed to have a little chat with another Bearer first.He smiled, turning around and walking away from the temple.OOC:TL;DR-Utu thought about Tank.He saw the temple, and an overwhelming desire overcame him.He's on his way to Mata-Nui, apparently to have a "chat" with another Bearer.

| BZPRPG Profiles |