Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Unfortunately, Zee ain't the staff member I'm looking for.

You can go about your business.
I LOL'ed at that. :PEmzee's back...Maybe Tuck'll be next? *Crosses fingers in blind hope*
Knowing Tuck, he'll probably be back in Jan...he'll take December off as well, holiday and all. :P Don't blame him all, nope nope nope. I'd totally be doing the same thing if I was in his shoes. Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Question for members of Crane:As I'm sure many of you noticed on TFL's blog there were posts about hosting events, I actually think this is a great idea we could incorporate in the game. Think about it, if we each designate one of our Chars as a CRANE member(We'd have to create an in-game version first.) then could collaborate with one another to host games in the RPG. Perhaps something like an Island wide race or maybe a scavenger hunt. Then we could give the winners items, of course it couldn't be anything too fancy, stuff like armor made by Zyckel(one of TDC's chars) or a sword made by one of the Characters that I'm currently designing. So anyone interested?

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

I'm not that averse to the idea...As long as the games included something related to fighting and/or skills which can be used in it I would probably make a char. They could maybe make their own game or tournament which taught people basic skills needed on Mata Nui-fighting, how to make a fire, other basic survival stuff.However, we best move this discussion to my blog. I'll repost what you said; it's just more for specific members as opposed to the populace in its entirety at the moment.-The Fearless Leader

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Are there currently any PCs in the Le-koro inn/tavern/pub? I haven't been watching the topic since the giant pillowfight made famous in Mef Man's sig, so apopogies if I've missed anyone.Anyway, a couple of chars just walked in to ask for sightings of a toa of air with a mask of biomechanics and a boat. Any information would be much appreciated, but if there is nobody there right now, I guess we can talk to some NPCs.Thanks!

ppg2.png

Any PCs in the audience at the Le-koro fighting ring? I wanna' make this fight, for good or for worse, go down on DJ's track record... Any PC's to spread the word? :PALSO EW: I hope my post is suitable to your tastes... It's in Le-wahi area. :)

Question for members of Crane:As I'm sure many of you noticed on TFL's blog there were posts about hosting events, I actually think this is a great idea we could incorporate in the game. Think about it, if we each designate one of our Chars as a CRANE member(We'd have to create an in-game version first.) then could collaborate with one another to host games in the RPG. Perhaps something like an Island wide race or maybe a scavenger hunt. Then we could give the winners items, of course it couldn't be anything too fancy, stuff like armor made by Zyckel(one of TDC's chars) or a sword made by one of the Characters that I'm currently designing. So anyone interested?

I'm not that averse to the idea...As long as the games included something related to fighting and/or skills which can be used in it I would probably make a char. They could maybe make their own game or tournament which taught people basic skills needed on Mata Nui-fighting, how to make a fire, other basic survival stuff.However, we best move this discussion to my blog. I'll repost what you said; it's just more for specific members as opposed to the populace in its entirety at the moment.-The Fearless Leader

Maybe we could start some sort of Academy for training people? Like, there could be a set of PC Masters who each teach a different skill type (swordplay, elemental powers, history etc), and they would give classes and personal tuition.(Could be compared to Xavier's School for Mutants?)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I'm sure the community would like the idea of Player Events. I was hoping to run one of my own by the staff later on and see how it would go. Of course if I'm reading that correctly what you're talking about may be a little different than mine but the gist of it is close enough for comparison.Well what exactly are you looking at Ghosthands? You mean training people like tutorial wise for the BZPRPG in those skills or IC training people who might be interested in having their characters change professions? Ether/or works.

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

Any PCs in the audience at the Le-koro fighting ring? I wanna' make this fight, for good or for worse, go down on DJ's track record... Any PC's to spread the word? :PALSO EW: I hope my post is suitable to your tastes... It's in Le-wahi area. :)

Emperor's and mine (Kav'den) are nearby.-Mef

I'll get to you, Kughs.

An Academy for training people? Sounds like The Academy from a couple years ago.

I believe that was a highly powerful and influential institution; this would be more like a school or college.
Correct. I think a monastery of some sort is more suitable for this game. More primitive and informal.

And so the army's NPC remnants end as Keinju disappears. Please do not attempt to have your chars make contact with him or the NPCs on that journey. I assure you if he ever does return he will be without his soldiers-I do not plan on using him for some time. However, all PCs in the army are assumed to be at Lake Pala with Kuyre unless you really wish them to be part of the lost army. Be warned that in that case, I cannot guarantee if said army will ever return and if so, when.Assume Lezuu never existed as well. I don't want to use him, either, and I'd prefer Keinju to be alone if he ever came back.-The Fearless Leader Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

I'll get to you, Kughs.

An Academy for training people? Sounds like The Academy from a couple years ago.

I believe that was a highly powerful and influential institution; this would be more like a school or college.
Correct. I think a monastery of some sort is more suitable for this game. More primitive and informal.
You like the idea, then?

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Actually on the topic of monasteries I believe, I have a great location in Ko-Koro. You see I said that one of my Character's, Vernadon, father was a scholar. While his father did travel a lot his home was located in Ko-Koro. I figure that perhaps we could modify it slightly so instead of a home, Vernadon's father could have been head of group of scholars living in a monastery or library.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

It would obviously be located in Ko-Wahi. Monasteries are somewhat silent, and what is better for silence than a region full of snow?

Maybe it could be more of a library, with the librarians being former warriors. That way it would be more neutral, with knowledge accesible to all Toa. And I agree it should be in Ko-Wahi.

May I just say that I dislike the idea of its being in Ko-Wahi.And I wasn't thinking monastery, as such; more university. Not so solemn, but still fairly serious. Perhaps a bit like the Jedi Order?

Who said it has to be books? Plus, paper was never mentioned and doesn't exist in Bionicle canon, soooo... I've always considered literature to be carved on stone tablets. No worries about it freezing or burning there! But I'd be wary with having anything like a university, temple complex or similar. We need to keep things toned down, and a monastery does exactly that!