Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I don't think Zamor Spheres are quite that size, but even if they were, the firing rate of the Zamor Launcher is far from quick. By the time one hit, the other would be ready to fire.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I think that if Toa, Skakdi, and Vortixx were scaled to be the same height as us, zamors would be about the size of a softball-small dodgeball.At their height, perhaps a dodgeball.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I've always thought of them to be the size of cantaloupes. BTW, do Zamor Launchers reload automatically right or do they need to be reloaded manually every shot?

Edited by Nebula 2.0

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

...Well, BB.My thanks for ruining what would have been the perfect plan.-Teezy

Well, no plan is perfect. (And I do not feel like bringing up the 'You metagamed' topic again.) Not to mention, Icarin did state that if they disrupted normal Koro life, he'd interfere. I'd say kidnapping a Turaga counts.

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

Well, no plan is perfect. (And I do not feel like bringing up the 'You metagamed' topic again.) Not to mention, Icarin did state that if they disrupted normal Koro life, he'd interfere. I'd say kidnapping a Turaga counts.
The fact is, if you hadn't dropped Icarin into Po-Koro (with no proof of where Raknar was going, and no proof he was attacking the Koro) it would have worked. You did, in fact, metagame, and that was what gave Onewa the opportunity to escape.You attacked a random Skakdi just for being in Po-Koro at the time of the explosion. If you brought that case to court in real life, it would never hold up.And yes, to all the trolls reading this topic: I mad.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Cool story, bro. I mean... I'm so sorry that your plan to kidnap Onewa has failed.I knew if would fail.
When you have no idea what you're talking about, it's generally not a good idea to put your two cents in.No offense, but honestly, you'd be mad if meta-gaming ruined your gaming as well.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

As I have stated, I tried to have him follow them closely. But you guys moved way too fast. So he set off in the same direction that they did. AND HE KNOWS RAKNAR'S FACE. That might have something to do with why he attacked who he did.Now, can we either take this to a PM, or let it go? I'm not gonna give up my position, and I don't think you will either, and this will only lead to a flame war.

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

So he followed them closely, but not closely enough that Raknar or any of the lookouts couldn't detect him?Also, you still attacked him without any proof. Raknar could have been stopping for supplies, or maybe just to get something specific, heck, he could've stopped for some beer or something. Yet just because he was around the Turaga's hut moments after an explosion half the Koro away, Icarin feels he has the right to attack him?None of your arguments make any sense at all. Like I said, if this were a court of law, Raknar would be laughing his way out of the courtroom right now.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Um, Biobeast, you could've just explained in your IC post how Icarin followed Raknar. That would not only have cleared up the confusion but also made up for your inactivity. As it is, you just dropped Icarin right into the middle of a raid with no explanation, and now you're forced to provide one -- not an enviable position.

My stance on this, as I recently explained to Shadow Guardian, was that yes, it is not as realistic of play as it could be for sure, but wanting to get in on the action is commendable, and hey, the more obstacles stopping you from getting Onewa, the harder it will be. And stealing a Turaga isn't supposed to be easy.

test2.png

^ From said common sense guide, straight from the big man himself:"The above sentence sums it up perfectly; it’s a term often used to describe players' use of assumed characteristics of the game. In particular, metagaming often refers to having a character act on knowledge that only the player has access to (for example: tricking a medusa to stare at a mirror when the character has never even heard of medusas and should not be aware of their petrifying stare). For instance, a player might adjust his character's actions if the player has some foreknowledge of future events. Another one would be knowing names, abilities, powers, or locations without actually meeting someone, fighting that person, or having been at that location. Metegaming happens when players input information that they know into the game when their character has neither the right nor ability to know it. Sometimes it subtle, sometimes blatant, but this is why we have “IC” and “OOC” in RPing posts; to distinguish between player knowledge/speaking, and character knowledge/speaking. Such playing should be avoided at all costs, since it is both unrealistic and unfair."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Metagaming is not actually the biggest problem. The main problem is that BB posted something that supposedly happened in the past, long after it happened. This is allowed in some cases, but when related directly to other characters as this was, it's never been allowed. For example, midway through a fight, I can't IC my character doing something five in game minutes ago, when that time has long gone. Let's say that i thought of the perfect move to take down a foe in a time in the fight several minutes ago, and now I'm about to die, I can't go back five minutes and have that move happen, because it would change the course of events. Same thing here.

Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

I never expected it to be.What I didn't expect, however, was for my plan to be nipped in the bud by what is clearly a blatant violation of the RPG's metagaming rules.-Teezy

Your plan is not over. You can still take the Turaga, I encourage you to. You just have to do it in a way that'll get around this one being in your way. Is that too hard for you? A general rule (also extracted from Tuck's guide, which is clearly your guys' Bible) is that plans aren't foolproof. Here, look:

Common Sense dictates that:- Plans are NOT perfect!The second extension of the Physics/Logic conundrum. While plans are good, they cannot possibly predict every possible outcome, especially if you’re matching wits against an equal. There comes a time in battle where your “prediction” or how you wormed out of something hits the Ridiculous Factor.

You're bringing up BB's fairly common (but, in most cases, ignored) metagaming action because it interfered with what you guys had thought was a perfect plan. Plans are never perfect in this game.

So... Now Metagaming is regarded as commendable?Wow...Friar Tuck's common sense guide, I miss you.

Tuck's guide is still very much in effect. Those who metagame will face in-game consequences. I told Shadow Guardian in our conversation that I certainly don't encourage metagaming. I also don't encourage you guys questioning my judgement; it's disrespectful, and frankly I had expected a little more faith from my players. You need to trust that BB will be punished.But he'll be punished when it suits me and my schedule. And what suits my schedule best right now is to let somebody else make your mission harder. Edited by Mothra

test2.png

Hmmm... while I was reading Nuju's post in Le-Wahi, a thought popped into my head- what if the Matoran Contest (and its winners) will be somehow related to the Second Great Prophecy? Anybody else think of this?

I've been thinking that since I read what he posted about Vakama with the Second Prophecy. It wasn't too long ago, I'm surprised you missed it.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now