Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Which means...All Fe-Toa(opposing Makuta), get ready for battle.

It also means, with all likelyhood, that the rahkshi will try to take down any toa of Iron first.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

lcHgr.gif bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Logically, they'd dispose of Iron since they're the biggest threat, then either plasma or sonics since they are also capable of breaking them down. Either way with all 42 varieties there's a Rahkshi for everyone's demise.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

Logically, they'd dispose of Iron since they're the biggest threat, then either plasma or sonics since they are also capable of breaking them down. Either way with all 42 varieties there's a Rahkshi for everyone's demise.

Don't forget magnetism, which could really mess up a suit of armor housing a slug.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Has anyone tried talking to the Rahkshi? Shadow Kraata posses the ability to talk, and it hasn't been stated (to my knowledge) what level these Rahkshi are.

If we could just get together and understand each other, then we could be friends :P

-Elrond

Edited by Elrond of Rivendell

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

Which in turn has led to a large number of players with 'amnesia'. Makes me wonder why Lorax didn't include them as their own category in his census

I just gave mine amnesia so I could be lazy and have an excuse not to catch up on current events.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Not sure what a Fe-Matoran could do, Toa Stones are pretty much banned unless you have a good reason. He could fight, though.So what are the exact plans for Le-Koro so far? Evacuate to Kini via Gukko, am I correct?

You do get that Perkahn is a Fe-Toa, right?-Dovydas
You do get that I was referring to my character?

Not sure what a Fe-Matoran could do, Toa Stones are pretty much banned unless you have a good reason. He could fight, though.So what are the exact plans for Le-Koro so far? Evacuate to Kini via Gukko, am I correct?

You do get that Perkahn is a Fe-Toa, right?-Dovydas
You do get that I was referring to my character?

Nope.

Confusion, sorry.

On the bright side for you, there is always the chance that you might secretly quickly design a new character and post his profile.

-Dovydas

Don't forget Magnetism (Makuta killed most of them too)

Edit: Oh, Ninja'd by thirty minutes... :dunce:

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

If anyone wants to risk their arses so much as to go close enough to the Rahkshi to talk to them, be my guests.

I'll refrain, myself.

-Dovydas

With a toa of sonics around, you could manifiy your voice enough to talk to them from a safe distance.

wait

why would you want to talk to these Rahkshi in the first place?

they're completely under the control of Makuta ATM, sooooooooooo

Soooo, that makes them a direct line to Makuta. Portable, wireless communication from anywhere on the island. Did I just invent the cell phone for Mata Nui?

On the question of iron, users, they could do quite a lot, in theory. They could absorb the metal, leaving the kraata on its own. They could snap their staffs (which drops the rahkshi's power level). They could remould the metal to make the Rahkshi's joints immobile by fusing the two pieces. They could remould the metal so that it crushed the kraata inside. They could remould the metal into a harmless shape, like a sphere (kraata crushing optional). They could take control of the Rahkshi's metal bodies and inhibit their movements or throw them at other Rahkshi. They could reshape a Rahkshi's face to cover over its eyes and make it blind, they could... you get the picture. Their effectiveness it limited only by their creativity... in theory.

In reality, I do know that Nuju is quite protective of his Rahkshi, and doesn't like them being dealt with so easily. The trick here is getting the opportunity to pull those tricks with your iron powers before the Rahkshi put you out of comission.

ppg2.png

On the issue of characters from other dimensions and the like, the old BZPRPG was nuts for stuff like this. The entire plot ended up revolving around a few of them, though thankfully they were by and large played by either those helping to run the game (Sera) or those effectively running the game (Mout). In the hands of responsible players they can be a huge boon to the game, but only if the plot supports it.

I used to have a character known as the Shifter, who was a Time spirit who got trapped in the physical realm by an Elemental Containment Device attached to the arm of a disabled Le-Matoran when he attempted to contain some of the element (yeah, the old game got weird and we had a lot of freedom - maybe too much). I ended up having to be so ridiculously careful with him that he ended up being fairly useless in terms of combat or dangerous situations. He was an interesting character to play, especially with the this-is-your-fault dynamic with Taragii, but I doubt I'd do it again - especially not on the Mata-Nui setting.

Edited by Tahakki
[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kixo/bzp/bzpbanner.swf
Previously known as tahakki-nuva, Zyglakky Tahakky, Dougal and Mister Brown Sauce. :P
qs7001.jpg

It's also possible that the rahkshi armor in this game is made out of a substance that can't be manipulated by Iron users, isn't it?

Nope, they're definitely metal. Check some of Nuju's posts in the three Rahkshi battles (Po-koro, Le-wahi, Rama-hive). It says there that the rahkshi's armour is, in fact, metal.

ppg2.png

It's also possible that the rahkshi armor in this game is made out of a substance that can't be manipulated by Iron users, isn't it?

Nope, they're definitely metal. Check some of Nuju's posts in the three Rahkshi battles (Po-koro, Le-wahi, Rama-hive). It says there that the rahkshi's armour is, in fact, metal.

Wait, did the Rahkshi actually attack?!

Yes, it's happened three times before. There were only six of them each time though.

No, wait, I must correct myself - four times. The Maru fought a group right after they transformed.

I know, I thought you meant that the army had attacked Le and Po Koro. whew you scared me.

You should actually read through the topics, and assess the situation, before making comments about it.

Text-based RPGs can move at a ridiculous pace, and sometimes this isn't entirely practical. I'm guilty of asking for recaps quite often. Be nice. :)

Previously known as tahakki-nuva, Zyglakky Tahakky, Dougal and Mister Brown Sauce. :P
qs7001.jpg

Yes, but it's been stated in this topic before that the Rahkshi hadn't attacked, as well as all of the BZPRPG topics. I can't give him much of an excuse since it's been said before, in all the topics.

They could have attacked since it was stated.

Also, is it allowed for me to just say for example,

"After interacting with Kopaka, Tahu went back to Ta-Koro" if Kopaka is taking a long time to reply and just let Kopaka play out the interaction whenever he does reply?

(If this doesn't make sense, I'll try to be clearer.)

Yes, but it's been stated in this topic before that the Rahkshi hadn't attacked, as well as all of the BZPRPG topics. I can't give him much of an excuse since it's been said before, in all the topics.

They could have attacked since it was stated.

Also, is it allowed for me to just say for example,

"After interacting with Kopaka, Tahu went back to Ta-Koro" if Kopaka is taking a long time to reply and just let Kopaka play out the interaction whenever he does reply?

(If this doesn't make sense, I'll try to be clearer.)

Use your discretion. Generally no, as it can confuse people (and let's not use the timestamp system again), but if you write it well enough and you arrange it with the other person, it should work out okay.

Getting caught in interaction with an inactive player can be a sticky situation, but at the end of the day the onus is on them to respond. If, after giving them a decent length of time, they still haven't replied, feel free to move your character elsewhere.

qs7001.jpg

To be precise, if the Rahkshi had attacked, GD would have jumped a whole page by now, there would be people sitting in awe as PCs are slaughtered, frantic planning as people try to survive, and constant declarations of how screwed we are.

I've seen it happen twice before.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

On the issue of characters from other dimensions and the like, the old BZPRPG was nuts for stuff like this. The entire plot ended up revolving around a few of them, though thankfully they were by and large played by either those helping to run the game (Sera) or those effectively running the game (Mout). In the hands of responsible players they can be a huge boon to the game, but only if the plot supports it.

I used to have a character known as the Shifter, who was a Time spirit who got trapped in the physical realm by an Elemental Containment Device attached to the arm of a disabled Le-Matoran when he attempted to contain some of the element (yeah, the old game got weird and we had a lot of freedom - maybe too much). I ended up having to be so ridiculously careful with him that he ended up being fairly useless in terms of combat or dangerous situations. He was an interesting character to play, especially with the this-is-your-fault dynamic with Taragii, but I doubt I'd do it again - especially not on the Mata-Nui setting.

And it still broke everything. =P

I created a custom race once, but most of their powers were in fact, immunities.

Oh, nostalgia times.

*creeps back into void to study for finals*

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

lcHgr.gif bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.