Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

What? I thought the hive was long gone!
It is. That was the joke/point.The hive is still mentioned in Le-Wahi's description, even though it was destroyed. Likewise the obelisk it hid is not mentioned.The point being made was that some parts of the description aren't accurate anymore.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

XDAnyway, there is another fact to consider. When that was written, Tuck was still the Host of the game. He was the Head GM.And he was a bit more lenient about powers and tech. Whether that is a good thing or not is neither here nor there.Nuju is the big boss now. He is the new puppet master, the new Head GM. He isn't quite as lenient.Which means, that those descriptions from the Tuck-era must be taken with a grain of salt. Some elements may or may not be accurate.
Nuju doesn't seem against those task pads. Apparently, his Onu-Matoran Wiremu 'owns one of the small, basic computer tablets possessed by some Onu-Matoran' (quoting the profile). And I'm pretty sure he said in the tech discussions earlier that those things do exist on MN.He just evidently wants them to be as simple and basic as they were in canon. That is to say: No 'iStones', laptops, etc. Just very primitive comps. I know it seems strange without firearms/cars/etc., but it's also been stated that MN has its own level of mechanical advancement incomparable to any in Earth's history. I suppose that justifies the schizo tech.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

I wasn't do much specifically referring to the pads, but I seem to have phrases that post different from how I intended it.The gist of what I was trying to say is that the descriptions may or may not be accurate.You do make several very good points about the tech level, though.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Just addressing/answering a few things that are being brought up in the topic recently:Yes, the first post descriptions are out of date. But if we had to keep changing them, then there wouldn't be any relativity as to where the topics started out (Plus it'd be too much work)! So yeah, regard those as the initial state of the locations, not their current states. My position on technology is basically this: if it was in MNOLG or the original canon, it's okay. But that doesn't make other things of "relative technological advancement" like guns or robots okay. Chamberlain put it very well: Mata Nuian technology doesn't follow the earth curve, so in some areas they may be more advanced than in others that we would naturally associate together. Anything above the MNOLG technology set is classified as foreign tech and must be approved. And, EW: I totally affirm what you've said. Guys, I was dealing with the Heuani matter one-on-one with Constructman; it isn't the place of you, the players, to get involved unless you're going to help. Meanness and passive-aggressiveness towards newbies, as we've seen, just disenfranchises vets and makes the rest of you (hopefully) have guilty consciences, not to mention of course giving new players reason not to play the BZPRPG. Everyone was new at some point, and if we want this forum to stay the most active one on BZPower, we have to welcome the newcomers with handshakes, not squirt rings.P.S.: the "only staff" text isn't just bolded, EW: it's obnoxious, size-24 bright red AND bolded. :P I have no issue with plain bold text.

test2.png

Greed has placed a bounty on the five individuals who burnt down a bar in Xa-Koro and attempted rob the Toa Daedra. Anyone who finds any or all of these five beings and delivers them, dead or alive, to Greed, will be rewarded. Edited by Fullmetal Eyrchamist

Greed has placed a bounty on the five individuals who burnt down a bar in Xa-Koro and attempted rob the Toa Daedra. Anyone who finds any or all of these five beings and delivers them, dead or alive, to Greed, will be rewarded.
I giggled a bit.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Bounties?We can do that in this game?...Whoo boy, there's something that completely passed my thoughts before.
Yeah. Just look at the old News Updates of Emzee: There was a bounty placed on Aexias at the start of this year. Bounty hunting is a fine RPing occupation.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Hey guys, I've come up with an organization that some of you may be interested in, read on for details:Right before I "died", I had started a group known as the Cultured Gentry -- an exclusive club consisting of the most successful investors and merchants. My plan for this group was to be a secret band of Makuta supporters, who also used their finances and skills to help the Matoran better their lives. It obviously fizzled pretty quickly after I left, and up until now, I assumed it was too late to start it up again.Seeing the ILS / Makuta-followers conflict got me thinking about it again. There's nothing wrong with the Makuta followers, but the CG could be just the ingredient needed to be a more authentic group of people. This very quick sketch I made shows exactly what I'm proposing:cg-cycle.png'Cycle 2 is what everyone sees. Cycle 1 is what's happening under the table. And this doesn't event factor in all the charities that the CG does. Also doesn't factor in their secret efforts to shut out anti-Makuta organizations. There are two ways you can be involved:1. create (or use) a wealthy character and be part of the CG directly2. own a shop/bar/inn and use the CG's expertise to improve your business.If any of you are interested or have more questions, just let me know. I can send a recruiter to each village and bring you guys on. If not that's fine too, but need to know sooner than later so that I don't RP the Gentry as this ominous organization that no one's a part of. :P

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

I'll have my uber-rich, secret Makuta follower my a part of it.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

]

Hey guys, I've come up with an organization that some of you may be interested in, read on for details:Right before I "died", I had started a group known as the Cultured Gentry -- an exclusive club consisting of the most successful investors and merchants. My plan for this group was to be a secret band of Makuta supporters, who also used their finances and skills to help the Matoran better their lives. It obviously fizzled pretty quickly after I left, and up until now, I assumed it was too late to start it up again.Seeing the ILS / Makuta-followers conflict got me thinking about it again. There's nothing wrong with the Makuta followers, but the CG could be just the ingredient needed to be a more authentic group of people. This very quick sketch I made shows exactly what I'm proposing:cg-cycle.png'Cycle 2 is what everyone sees. Cycle 1 is what's happening under the table. And this doesn't event factor in all the charities that the CG does. Also doesn't factor in their secret efforts to shut out anti-Makuta organizations. There are two ways you can be involved:1. create (or use) a wealthy character and be part of the CG directly2. own a shop/bar/inn and use the CG's expertise to improve your business.If any of you are interested or have more questions, just let me know. I can send a recruiter to each village and bring you guys on. If not that's fine too, but need to know sooner than later so that I don't RP the Gentry as this ominous organization that no one's a part of. :P
Great idea. I've had a similar idea for a while now, but can members of the gentry be non makuta followers as well? Just sly businessmen with a knack for marketing schemes?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Hey guys, I've come up with an organization that some of you may be interested in, read on for details:Right before I "died", I had started a group known as the Cultured Gentry -- an exclusive club consisting of the most successful investors and merchants. My plan for this group was to be a secret band of Makuta supporters, who also used their finances and skills to help the Matoran better their lives. It obviously fizzled pretty quickly after I left, and up until now, I assumed it was too late to start it up again.Seeing the ILS / Makuta-followers conflict got me thinking about it again. There's nothing wrong with the Makuta followers, but the CG could be just the ingredient needed to be a more authentic group of people. This very quick sketch I made shows exactly what I'm proposing:cg-cycle.png'Cycle 2 is what everyone sees. Cycle 1 is what's happening under the table. And this doesn't event factor in all the charities that the CG does. Also doesn't factor in their secret efforts to shut out anti-Makuta organizations.There are two ways you can be involved:1. create (or use) a wealthy character and be part of the CG directly2. own a shop/bar/inn and use the CG's expertise to improve your business.If any of you are interested or have more questions, just let me know. I can send a recruiter to each village and bring you guys on. If not that's fine too, but need to know sooner than later so that I don't RP the Gentry as this ominous organization that no one's a part of. :P
Mind if Echelon pays a visit? ;) I can see us working closely on this...he could be the Gentry's liaison with Makuta? Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Hey guys, I've come up with an organization that some of you may be interested in, read on for details:Right before I "died", I had started a group known as the Cultured Gentry -- an exclusive club consisting of the most successful investors and merchants. My plan for this group was to be a secret band of Makuta supporters, who also used their finances and skills to help the Matoran better their lives. It obviously fizzled pretty quickly after I left, and up until now, I assumed it was too late to start it up again.Seeing the ILS / Makuta-followers conflict got me thinking about it again. There's nothing wrong with the Makuta followers, but the CG could be just the ingredient needed to be a more authentic group of people. This very quick sketch I made shows exactly what I'm proposing:cg-cycle.png'Cycle 2 is what everyone sees. Cycle 1 is what's happening under the table. And this doesn't event factor in all the charities that the CG does. Also doesn't factor in their secret efforts to shut out anti-Makuta organizations.There are two ways you can be involved:1. create (or use) a wealthy character and be part of the CG directly2. own a shop/bar/inn and use the CG's expertise to improve your business.If any of you are interested or have more questions, just let me know. I can send a recruiter to each village and bring you guys on. If not that's fine too, but need to know sooner than later so that I don't RP the Gentry as this ominous organization that no one's a part of. :P
Mind if Echelon pays a visit? ;) I can see us working closely on this...he could be the Gentry's liaison with Makuta?
I can see the CG and the rest of the Makuta followers joining up at some point... evil things are happening. :evilgrin:

Cool beans. I'll send my character around to the villages this upcoming week.

Great idea. I've had a similar idea for a while now, but can members of the gentry be non makuta followers as well? Just sly businessmen with a knack for marketing schemes?
Yes. Do bear in mind that the vast majority of people involved with the CG are not going to know about the secret alliance with Makuta, and those who do know, outside of a few characters, will have no proof of this alliance.
Pre-existing characters can join the CG, right? Assuming so, I'm definitely interested.
Yes. You do not have to create a new character if you have one who fits the requirements above. If s/he doesn't fit the requirements, I don't think it's too difficult to start up a business, and it can be any sort of business, and if a member of the CG invests in it, then you're in.
Mind if Echelon pays a visit? ;) I can see us working closely on this...he could be the Gentry's liaison with Makuta?
I've already set aside characters for that. Doesn't mean you can't still be one of them though. ;) Final point: The CG will under no circumstances support the ILS or anything organization closely tied with the ILS. The guys in charge can come up with 100 different reasons why (usually) without arousing any suspicion. Just FYI. Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

Nope, that's just what his brothers thought.I tried to get him back in the game a while ago, but it'd been long enough I didn't remember his character too well.So if anybody wants interaction from a now-easily angered and heavily scarred Toa of Iron, just tell me.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now