Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

NO. BAD DOG. BAD HEUANI. LEAVE ECHELON ALONE; REPEAT, LEAVE ECHELON ALONE. STAY, REPEAT, STAY. DON'T BOTHER THE TOA OF MAGNETISM; LET'S GO HOME AND GIVE YOU A NICE WARM BATH.
Don't even try that.Echelon's dead. Deal with it. You'll just have to find your Makuta followers someone else to lead them.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

NO. BAD DOG. BAD HEUANI. LEAVE ECHELON ALONE; REPEAT, LEAVE ECHELON ALONE. STAY, REPEAT, STAY. DON'T BOTHER THE TOA OF MAGNETISM; LET'S GO HOME AND GIVE YOU A NICE WARM BATH.
I'll match your quote with another (oddly perfect) quote:
You call me a lap dog, a puppet, a pet. An adorable attempt, really. While I always love nicknames, inaccurate ones never stick... for I am no pet, but a master. I am the one who has pets, my own little dogs on leashes, who I can play with or tie up to trees whenever I want, who know how to do nothing but fawn on me, adore me, lick me with their thoughtless tongues. I of all people know of pets, and I know that I am not one."

test2.png

Alright, Katuko and I are still working out this upcoming battle. There's a likelihood that we will be creating some situational rules to such a conflict. There is a likelihood the battle won't even happen tonight as a result.I have seen fights like this before and rushing into them isn't going to help. Yet that seems like what a few of you want to do. As I have said, by all means you cannot listen to Katuko or I, or really anyone who has stressed patience and thoughtfulness leading up to and during the upcoming battle.Situations like these give you a real appreciation of what Nuju went through with the Hive.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

So, changing the subject, what exactly do toa of crystal do?
They control crystal and sand.
Bad idea unless you think you have 1 too many characters.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Sand?Wut?
I thought you guys would remember this stuff!Heres a reminder from out overlord himself:
Re: Sand... It's part of crystal. How crystal differentiates from stone is beyond me, but if there is a distinction, then sand gets lumped in with crystal.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

So what are the colors for crystal? White, grey, and, silver I would guess?
Nothings official: here in the BZPRPG there are blue toa of fire walking around last I checked.But color schemes related to a toa of ice make sense to me, for that is what is probably considered the closest element related to crystal.

Sand?Wut?
I thought you guys would remember this stuff!Heres a reminder from out overlord himself:
Re: Sand... It's part of crystal. How crystal differentiates from stone is beyond me, but if there is a distinction, then sand gets lumped in with crystal.
Actually, I PM'ed Nuju about Verak, asking if I could make a Toa of Sand.
Why not be a Toa of Stone? Sand is stone. Or crystal. Both of those elements are okay to be.
So sand is also a subpower of Po-Toa.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Wait, if Echelon is dead who is gonna take over Xa-Koro? Anyways, how exactly does the EE shield work? Os it everyone inside the radius i.e. village? Or like an area like a belt around Pala-Koro? Otherwise how did those guys inside Pala Koro fight? Sorry, I'm a bit clueless here. :(

Edited by Norik Ta Hagah

Wait, if Echelon is dead who is gonna take over Xa-Koro? Anyways, how exactly does the EE shield work? Os it everyone inside the radius i.e. village? Or like an area like a belt around Pala-Koro? Otherwise how did those guys inside Pala Koro fight? Sorry, I'm a bit clueless here. :(
It doesn't allow things like fire (which need continuous EE to keep aflame) through. Everything else you can do. Oh, and I'm pretty sure Echelon answered to Makuta.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

The elemental dampening field is a ring around Pala-Koro. It does not affecting anything inside the village, but if you are outside the walls you cannot use your elemental powers.
You can. As Katuko said, it blocks the elemental energy from passing, not the objects. You can create things like stone and throw it through, but past the barrier and you cannot shape, absorb, or do anything to the stone. Things like a wind tornado can pass through, but control over it is lost and it would eventually turn into a strong breeze, if anything. Things like fire and magnetism cannot go through at all - they require EE at all times. Past the barrier, no EE, they disappear. You can, of course, throw magnets or a lit piece of wood through the barrier. And the barrier has the same effect, inside or out. Edited by Jl1223 X

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Actually, no. It's a field. A 3- bio area around the village, or whatever Grochi said. All that stuff about throwing rocks through the field is true, but the basic idea is that you can't use your elemental powers near the village.
No, Katuko stated it's a barrier - EE can be used anywhere, but if you're standing on one side of the barrier you can't do anything with EE on the other.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Y'know those anti-element generators that EW announced and Nuju allowed and I protested some time ago? Well, they are now installed at Pala-Koro.- Each machine projects a field extending 500 meters out from the wall. The inside of the village is not covered.
Nope. It's a field :)
It doesn't block EE usage except past it.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I'm just thinking that a blanket statement of "elemental powers won't work inside the field, period" is a lot easier.
Any active use of EE will fail inside the field, simple as that.
You can not, however, use your power within the field,
elemental energy is not usable in the area outside Pala-Koro
Not through the field, or once past the field, but within the field. It blocks EE usage that passes through it, yes, but also inside of it too.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

I'm just thinking that a blanket statement of "elemental powers won't work inside the field, period" is a lot easier.
Any active use of EE will fail inside the field, simple as that.
You can not, however, use your power within the field,
elemental energy is not usable in the area outside Pala-Koro
Not through the field, or once past the field, but within the field. It blocks EE usage that passes through it, yes, but also inside of it too.
How should I explain it?Imaging a bubble around Pala-Koro. The bubble IS the field. From what I gather, INSIDE it, no EE can be used. This means no elemental energy, which also means, as an example, a Toa of Fire cannot create any form of fire or heat except using something not by EE - An explosive can create fire, but a Toa cannot.At the edge of the field, is the barrier. You could think of it as the bubbles.....wall thing majigy. This is where it gets interesting. EE can be used on the outside of the barrier, but not on the inside. If you try to create something inside while standing on the outside, its a waste. If you create something on the outside, finish creating it, and throw it in, you will have control over it until it passes through the barrier. Finally, things that require EE all the time to sustain themselves can not pass through. You might send a Fireball, and it would disappear because no EE is fueling it. You might send a gust of wind, and it would calm down since you can't fuel it, although you can create it. The only way to do things like create a fire is to use a natural way, not by EE, which also means that you cannot control the fire.So, in essence, the edge of the field is a wall, and everything inside of the walls cannot use their EE. Everything outside the walls can use their EE, but they can't use it inside the wall while standing outside.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I think it os worth elaborating on this point. Imagine a map. Draw the lake wherever, it's not important. Draw a square, which is the HQ, a rectangle, for the Barracks, and the village itself, meaning you now have a square, recatngle and little polygons. Now, draw a rough circle AROUND the polygons. The circle is is not a thin line, but a thick line. Hollow out the thick line, leaving two concentric circles. Shade the area BETWEEN the concentric circles. The 500 metre thing is the SHADED PART. Now, draw a dot or figure outside the village and concentric cirles. That is a guy named Demonstrator 1. He lobs a fire ball in. The path is marked as a line. It stops once it touches the SHADED PART. Now, Demonstrator 1 is angry and levitates a trunk to THROW in. This means he "picks" the tree up with magnetism and throws it in. His control over it STOPS before it hits the SHADED PART. So its momentum carries the trunk through SHADED PART and hits Person 2 at the say, Barracks. Yay, person1 says and tries to control the trunk to hit Person2 again. But his elemental energy can't go THROUGH THE SHADED PART. Person 2 laughs and does all three things Person1 tried, and the converse is the same. Stuff goes THROUGH SHADED PART, BUT ELEMENTAL ENERGY DOESN'T. Now this SHADED PART IS THE SHIELD, or ENERGY FIELD. Phew. :P

Edited by Norik Ta Hagah