How do your favorite themes stack up?

fishers64

Currently? I'd go...

1. The Lego Movie

2. Ninjago

3. Hero Factory

4. Bionicle

5. Other themes I love (Friends, Legends of Chima, Agents (2008), Atlantis, Space Police (2009), Exo-Force, Power Miners, Technic, Creator)

6. Themes I have a passing interest in (Most licensed themes, other Space themes, other Castle themes, Pirates, other "action themes")

7. Themes I don't have any significant interest in (TMNT, Belville, Speed Racer, Prince of Persia, Fabuland, Lone Ranger, etcetera)

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Currently? I'd go...

1. The Lego Movie

2. Ninjago

3. Hero Factory

4. Bionicle

5. Other themes I love (Friends, Legends of Chima, Agents (2008), Atlantis, Space Police (2009), Exo-Force, Power Miners, Technic, Creator)

6. Themes I have a passing interest in (Most licensed themes, other Space themes, other Castle themes, Pirates, other "action themes")

7. Themes I don't have any significant interest in (TMNT, Belville, Speed Racer, Prince of Persia, Fabuland, Lone Ranger, etcetera)

I suppose my list is mostly the same, except Hero Factory and The LEGO Movie are switched.

Hero Factory doesn't have the strongest storyline, but it is still the theme that I get the most creative inspiration from and one of my favorite themes to discuss online. It appeals to me the most as a building toy.

The LEGO Movie has perhaps the most heartfelt storyline of any LEGO theme, but while I like the sets and characters it doesn't inspire me to build and draw quite like Hero Factory and Ninjago do.

BIONICLE is still important to me for sentimental reasons. It's been a big part of my life, and I love to reflect on it, but it doesn't inspire me creatively like it once did, and furthermore, the achievements of more recent themes have thrown some of its shortcomings into sharp relief. I will always remember it as a creative triumph, but more recent themes have the benefit of being able to look back at what it did right and what it did wrong, and as a result have been able to build on it as a foundation for their own success.

Sometimes people feel like this is unfair, but in my opinion it's just reality. BIONICLE didn't get a TV show like Ninjago, Hero Factory, or Legends of Chima, or a theatrical film like The LEGO Movie or Ninjago, because the LEGO Group was not in a position to create one. BIONICLE was one of the things that helped enable them to reach that position, but couldn't maintain its sales strength long enough to reap the benefits. Neither BIONICLE, nor the themes that succeeded it, should be blamed for that.

• Upvote 2

This was one of the first projects I ever did on my youtube channel (which I won't link for reasons of embarassment), and I still rememember the order.

5. Star Wars

4. Knight's Kingdom

3. Orient Expedition

2. Exo-Force

1. BIONICLE

LEGO Rock Raiders gets an honorary mention, as I really enjoyed the game, but nothing else about it.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

1. BIONICLE (Obvious.)

2. Exo-Force (I mean, come on, Japanese Manga-inspired mecha? What's not to love?!)

3. Star Wars (A good licensed story, some innovative sets and lately, amazing new firing blasters!)

4. Ninjago (A funny little line, but too few small sets. I can't buy everything you know. I have to sneak what I can.)

5. Atlantis (was a pretty good adaptation from "Divers". I wish it lasted longer.)

6. City (It's a funny little look at life in a LEGO city if it existed. Serious problems with fire safety and robbery/theft, whilst people who fall off their bikes get IV and a trip in an ambulance on a stretcher.)

Time is my frenemy. So is money.
May the classics never die and may the future find a new set of Toa.

BZPRPG Character

1.Bionicle (Well, it's cool.)

2.Exo-Force (Nice sets, nice figures, manga stuff.)

3.Star Wars (Really nice sets.)

4.Mars Mission (Nice sets, mining stuff)

5.Power Miners (Nice sets, mining stuff.)

6.Minecraft (Nice sets, mining stuff. Naah, I don't even have one, but I play Minecraft, so I'd like one of these for my computer desk.)

7.Everything else?

1.Bionicle

2.Knights Kingdom (All the lines)

3.Star Wars (Older stuff is a bit better, but they are releasing Episode 4-6 again since episode 7 is coming soon so that's good)

4.City (I know, they recirculate the same sets over and over and over... but they always release new unique pieces every year.)

5.Lord of the Rings/Hobbit (The only awesome medieval/fantasy line out right now, besides Bionicle, knights and castles have always been the best)

Honorable mention to HF, Orient Expedition and.... UNITRON YEASUHSS (jk) Cyber Slam and Slizers were cool too

beatdown2.png

DON'T MESS WITH US! NOTHING GETS PAST US! UNLESS WE WISH IT!

Top 10:

Bionicle

Exo-Force

Knights Kingdom (2004)

Lotr/Hobbit

Agents

Star Wars

Alpha Team

Batman (2006)

Mars Mission

Marvel Superheroes

(Power Miners, Dino Attack, and Pirates of the Caribbean get honorable mention)

POWER TO THE FANS

LETS TAKE BACK BZP FROM THE HERO FACTORY FANBOYS

STOP THIS POINTLESS CENSORSHIP AND SHEATHE THE BAN HAMMERS

BRING BACK THE FRIENDLY AND INFORMATIVE BZP

SUPPORT TTV AND GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN

• 5 months later...

1. The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit- I love the books, and the sets (in the first wave, at least) are all pretty good. An Unexpected Gathering remains my favorite set to date.

2. The Lone Ranger- The movie was great, and the sets (while not exactly movie-accurate) proved that LEGO can make great Western sets over a decade after the theme officially ended.

3. Creator- I love the fact that most of the sets can be built into three different models, and the modular buildings all look fantastic.

1. BIONICLE

2. Ninjago

3. LOTR/ The Hobbit

4. City

5. Aqua Raiders or Mars Mission (2007)

6. Classic Ninja (Castle 1998-1999)

7. Castle (2007)

8. Prince of Persia (Specifically The Battle of Alamut set) or Pirates of the Caribbean (Specifically Queen Anne's Revenge set)

9. Star Wars

10. Indiana Jones

Edited by randomreviewerbros

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Bionicle

Alpha Team/Agents/Ultra Agents

Dinosaurs/Dino Attack/Dino 2010/Dino

Aqua Raiders/Aquazone

Mars Mission/Space

Hero Factory

Knights Kingdom

Legends of Chima

Pretty Much Everything Else

Edited by The Phantom Terror

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

1. The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit- I love the books, and the sets (in the first wave, at least) are all pretty good. An Unexpected Gathering remains my favorite set to date.

2. The Lone Ranger- The movie was great, and the sets (while not exactly movie-accurate) proved that LEGO can make great Western sets over a decade after the theme officially ended.

3. Creator- I love the fact that most of the sets can be built into three different models, and the modular buildings all look fantastic.

Look out for topics that haven't received a post in over two months - please don't revive them!

Revived topic closed.