BIONICLE MAFIA XIII: Tower of Trepidation

Voltex

Dat feel when you spend 24 hours throwing justice and rational thought out the window to send somebody to space...

...AND IT ACTUALLY WORKS.

#NoRegrets

...Unless Voxumo's innocent...

#ThenRegrets

-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak
  • Upvote 3

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

==FINAL COUNT==

Voxumo: 5

Unit: 4

Baltarc: 3

Lhik: 2

Portal: 1

=====

Today had been a particularly poor day to take a nap.

Turaga Hapori Tofu was awoken by an angry crowd of Matoran, with a tied up Voxumo in tow, chanting something about space.

“...this must be one of those bizarre visions that the chosen ones have,” the Turaga muttered to himself. “Best to ignore it. I don't need to go on any more adventures considering my age.”

The crowd wasn't about to let him sleep, however. Ten minutes later, the Turaga had been dragged onto a stand outside and had a piece of paper shoved into his hands.

“...what in the world is this? Oh, voting results. Well, it looks like you all came to a conclusion. Let's see who you determined to be Underscore's killer!” the Turaga announced, as he prepared to read off the results of the document.

A hush fell over the crowd as he did so.

“WE'RE GOING TO SPACE!! ROCKETS!! HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!! WOOT!!” read the Turaga.

The hush continued after the reading, continuing into an awkward silence.

“...what...is this dribble?” Hapori Tofu asked.

“IT'S SPACE, MAN!” a rather excited Eljay answered.

“...this is how you spent the time that you were supposed to use determining who killed Underscore?”

“No! Well, not all of it...” Lhik responded.

“...you conducted a murder investigation...by drawing pictures of the moon and stars...and...what the heck is this thing in the background?”

“That's a planet!” Mesonak responded.

“What kind of a planet is shaped like a triangle?” the Turaga asked.

“The best kind!” Mesonak answered.

The silence continued for a moment, while the Turaga took this in. Finally, he spoke again.

“You spent...all of this time...drawing pictures of space...instead of finding out who killed Underscore?”

“No,” Ehks responded. “Mesonak was the one who drew this.”

“...oh. Good. I was about to be really worried and-”

“The REST of us spent our time building this!” Ehks continued, gesturing to a curtain in the background. JiMing and Portal ripped the curtain down, revealing a rocket with the words “Send Vox 2 Space!” written on the side.

Another stunned silence followed from the Turaga.

“Isn't it great?” asked Ehks.

The Turaga flung his arms up, sending the paper flying into the air. “That's it! I'm done! This is ridiculous! You Matoran have no sense of duty or destiny!”

“But we have a rocket,” contested Burnmad.

“I'm going home! You all are an embarrassment to Matoran everywhere!”

And with that, the Turaga stormed out of the tower angrily, hopped in his boat, and began paddling back towards the island.

Turaga Hapori Tofu, Narrator, Quit Out of Sheer Frustration

“...well...” Baltarc began, “...it'd be a shame if we lost our Turaga without even getting to send someone to space!”

The next few minutes consisted of loading the tied up Voxumo onto the rocket. Some jumbled words about really being a Matoran came out of his mouth, but no one paid any attention to them. The space train had, after all, been unstoppable.

“No! You fools!” Vox yelled, as he was unceremoniously dumped into the crew's quarters. “I'm not the Dark Hunter! Send the Dark Hunter to space! Not meeeeeeeeee...”

His words were ignored. The door was sealed tight, and a countdown began. The crowd put some distance between themselves and the rocket, and then...

(Major thanks to Eljay for this)

...that happened.

The crowd went nuts with applause, not particularly caring if Vox was innocent or not. They had achieved...space.

Voxumo, Onu-Matoran, launched into space

=====

After that, the Matoran gathered up their possessions and quickly moved through the traps and tricks of the water floor, which posed little challenge as the entire populace of Ga-Matoran was still alive. However, the rocket launch had taken up the majority of the day, meaning that by the time the Matoran reached the second floor, it was already too dark to attempt a run through. Zakaro did manage to briefly scout ahead, however, and discovered that the traps of this floor were based on air.

Things were going quite poorly for the Onu-Matoran, however. Two of their number were already down...would the other two last much longer?

TOWER MAP UPDATED!

The Shadowy One's Lair

Floor 6: ???

Floor 5: ???

Floor 4: ???

Floor 3: ???

Floor 2: Air

Floor 1: Water

Outside the Tower

=====

Well, that was interesting. As always, roles have 48 hours to PM me...and I've made a slight adjustment to the way masks work. If you PM me within the first 24 hours, you can use your Hau for the night. Didn't make a ton of sense for people to not be able to react off of lynchings.

NIGHT OF THE SECOND DAY: 6 FLOORS REMAIN

-MT

Edited by MT Zehvor
  • Upvote 5

XPufEB3.png?1

Oops.

Gif is cool though. Were the others who made cameos decided by RNG or?

Probably just whoever's icons Eljay had on hand. :P

Nah, I picked them out by hand, careful to see who was on whose side.

Some I used sprites for, such as myself and Mesonak.

But goodness, sorry dude. Tell us how the view is from up there. That was crazy.

Now then, Air! I'm a Matoran of Air! This'll be no problem!... We're all doomed.

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

COME ON, STEP IT UP!

Also SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

SPAAAAAAACE IS GOOD

-The Shadowy One

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Well...I just hope Earth isn't last

Because at this rate I'm probably going to die tonight.

and if i don't i will be happy.

You do realize you have that thing that allows you to be safe for a night, right?

And you can use it for tonight if you PM me before 6 tomorrow.

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

Revvin' up your engine
Listen to her howlin' roar
Metal under tension
Beggin' you to touch and go

Highway to the Danger Zone
Ride into the Danger Zone

I can sing the whole entire song if you want.

E: Wait a minute. Why is my head on the body of a woman?

Edited by Kaiser Manducus

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Well...I just hope Earth isn't last

Because at this rate I'm probably going to die tonight.

and if i don't i will be happy.

You do realize you have that thing that allows you to be safe for a night, right?

And you can use it for tonight if you PM me before 6 tomorrow.

-MT

I realize this quite well.

But even then I don't wanna waste it like I tend to do with life-saving powerups.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Oh nuts.

IN THE HYPE OF SPACE, I totally forgot to add this to the last part of the scene.

Well, consider this a random mid-round scene then.

=====

Before settling down for the night, several Matoran happened to run across a pool of energized protodermis on the second floor. The protodermis was in small amounts, so only a few Matoran were affected...but the masks they held were changed...dramatically.

=====

This was supposed to transition into that bit about changes to mask powers, and I just realized how out of place that last bit looked. Apologies again. Space has clearly degraded my ability to host games.

-MT

Edited by MT Zehvor

XPufEB3.png?1

So discuss this so I have something to do while people around me freak out because they don't know that tornadoes don't go on mountains. :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Also, Eljay, is there any way you could decrease the filesize of the gif? It's too large to upload onto the wiki and I'd like to put it on the page if possible.

No idea how I'd go about doing that. Let me mess around with the file, see if there are any options for file size.

sig.png

editeljay.pngWhat is the goal file size?

Edited by Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!