BIONICLE Confirmed for 2015

Bonklers?

-Gata signoff.png

This one, definitely.

Chroniclers! (Ok, you lot duke it out, I need to do dishes.)

Edited by Lielac

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Say what you want. What was done in Lego's service is basically hacking.

dIxUDD1.gif

(wow i really had to gut that gif to get it BZP-sized)

Wow man, I'm really astonished by your super counter argument skills. I don't think I can break this one.

How about these counter-argument skills:

The image is fine. It does not break the rules. If you disagree, you can not look at the image and leave this topic. Or you can start your own site and tell people they can't talk about it there.

Let's discuss the point of this topic, which is that Bionicle is coming back and we have an official image of a new mask.

andrew I love you let's make out

also real talk though this mask is gorgeous and I absolutely love how cryptic everything surrounding the new masks and the mythology is at this point. It's giving me early-2001 chills all over again

And we discussed this on Facebook but we really need a fandom name now haha

Please no.

I wouldn't mind having a term for BIONICLE fans. It'd give me something else to identify as, and I'm totally cool with that. B)

for everyone's consideration I would like to submit:

"bionicles"

"bionicle-likers"

"likers of bionicles"

"we brought back bionicle club members"

"men who wear hats"

"fanobioniclos"

"banfanicles"

"fanonicles"

"likebioniclers"

"bikers"

"oakland raiders"

"actual zombie goasts"

"legosfaniclefanbionos"

• Upvote 7

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

-NotS

Uh...no. No way. Not in the slightest.

We don't need a fandom name. We're fans, nothing more. Call yourself a fan.

Edited by Manterax Prime
  • Upvote 1

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

-NotS

You're the second person who has said that. What is it that's so bad about having a cute name to refer to fans? I think it can be a point of pride. Kind of like how schools will identify with their mascot. So for instance, at my elementary school we weren't just "such-and-such elementary school students", we were Patriots. At my middle school we were Tigers, and at my high school we were Yellow Jackets. It helps establish a sense of identity and solidarity. Except even more so, because what I'm a fan of is a much bigger part of who I am than the school I went to.

I'm glad to call myself an AFOL and a brony. I'm not quite comfortable calling myself a Whovian because although I enjoy watching Doctor Who from time to time, it's not a community or an interest I'm passionately engaged with. But being a BIONICLE fan is something that's definitely a big part of who I am, so if I had a label I could wear with pride I'd do so in a heartbeat.

"Chroniclers" is one of the best-sounding names but it's also a bit generic for my liking, and as a term with a literal meaning it might be liable to confuse people. I can think of plenty of terrible, terrible ideas, of course, like mimicking the "brony" label and calling ourselves Broa. :P Bad idea. The next best term I can come up with that has the same sense of camaraderie is "Biomrade", which also sounds kinda stupid. I guess even if we did come up with a term that had just the right connotations there's no guarantee it'd take off.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 1

-NotS

You're the second person who has said that. What is it that's so bad about having a cute name to refer to fans? I think it can be a point of pride. Kind of like how schools will identify with their mascot. So for instance, at my elementary school we weren't just "such-and-such elementary school students", we were Patriots. At my middle school we were Tigers, and at my high school we were Yellow Jackets. It helps establish a sense of identity and solidarity. Except even more so, because what I'm a fan of is a much bigger part of who I am than the school I went to.

I'm glad to call myself an AFOL and a brony. I'm not quite comfortable calling myself a Whovian because although I enjoy watching Doctor Who from time to time, it's not a community or an interest I'm passionately engaged with. But being a BIONICLE fan is something that's definitely a big part of who I am, so if I had a label I could wear with pride I'd do so in a heartbeat.

"Chroniclers" is one of the best-sounding names but it's also a bit generic for my liking, and as a term with a literal meaning it might be liable to confuse people. I can think of plenty of terrible, terrible ideas, of course, like mimicking the "brony" label and calling ourselves Broa. :P Bad idea. The next best term I can come up with that has the same sense of camaraderie is "Biomrade", which also sounds kinda stupid. I guess even if we did come up with a term that had just the right connotations there's no guarantee it'd take off.

So. We still don't need one.

I don't identify with fandom names as I view the use of those titles as one dedicating themselves to a single line or franchise.

I'm not dedicated to any particular franchise and as I'm merely a fan. It's an all-encompassing term by the way.

Why do we need a fandom name when "fan" does the job perfectly.

Edited by Manterax Prime
  • Upvote 1

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Did a little sketch recently.

http://i.imgur.com/2fAt049.jpg

That is beautiful.

If we had to have a term, it should be chroniclers. Mainly because that is what we were doing 2001-2010 and now: looking at the events as they happened and analysing them. And now, in this very site, we discuss and write them down. We are like hard working Takuas.

-cackles- Yes! Hard-working Takuas, hahahahaaaaaa... Also, for the classic fans, it's from the MNOG; we were Takua when we played it, so we became the Chronicler. Y'know, from a certain point of view. So why not have us call ourselves Chroniclers? We are Chroniclers!

... speaking of Chroniclers, I'm "chronicling" an alternate universe, so I'll be in the corner trying to write Chutespeak if you need me. Why did I decide the Chronicler's Company would be an interesting Toa team, again...? (Oh, right. The mental image of Macku trying to keep them in line.)

Edited by -Windrider-

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

We went the ENTIRE line without one before, we don't need one now.

@Solo, I hope they run both.

Edited by Manterax Prime
  • Upvote 1

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

honestly ambivalent.  Having something to identify with is nice, but I'm just fine with Bionicle fan.  Yet I see nothing wrong with a name for the fandom(I like Chroniclers, but maybe it's too generic?).  I'd probably never use it, but that's just because I avoid bandwagons for some reason.  I'm weird like that.

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

No one's just a 'fan' of anything anymore. People tell me they're a "big fan" of something, or "a huge fan". Being just a plain old fan nowadays just means you're a loser who's not even interested in whatever franchise you're talking about.

That is quite narrow minded and I have to disagree with that.

You can be a fan of something and still be interested. It's not just love or hate, there are different ways of liking something, like it's not just fan="uninterested loser" that pretends to like something and "big fan". You could call yoour self a big fan or a fan of something and still possibly like it the same, really.

No one's just a 'fan' of anything anymore. People tell me they're a "big fan" of something, or "a huge fan". Being just a plain old fan nowadays just means you're a loser who's not even interested in whatever franchise you're talking about.

So you're saying I'm a loser with no interest in bionicle?

I'm gonna add that to my list of "Dumbest things I've ever heard".

Watcher is right. That's really narrow minded.

Edited by Manterax Prime
  • Upvote 2

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

So you're saying I'm a loser with no interest in bionicle?

I'm gonna add that to my list of "Dumbest things I've ever heard".

Watcher is right. That's really narrow minded.

I didn't say that was my position. Over the years, having talked to lots of people about many fanbases, and every single one tells me how me how he or she is a "big" fan, even if they know very little about the franchise and just got into it. What I said about being a loser (aside from being exaggerated) is the impression I've gotten about the generic term 'fan' having had these conversations.

For what it's worth, I'm just a 'fan' of TMNT, Zelda, Super Smash Bros., Harry Potter, Spider-Man, and Star Trek. I'm a 'big fan' of Bionicle, Doc Martin, and Young Justice.

We went the ENTIRE line without one before, we don't need one now.

@Solo, I hope they run both.

I really don't get why you're so vehemently opposed to the idea. Labels are a useful tool and even if you don't see the point of them I don't see why you'd care about other people adopting one.

I do admit, though, that every suggestion so far has been pretty poor. Why not an acronym, like AFOL? That's a label of sorts but it's also a completely honest and informative description—AFOLs are adults and they are Lego fans and there's no more to it than that. Can't think of a good acronym, though... FOB (Fan of Bionicle) is the catchiest I could come up with, but it's identical to a racial (or rather, cultural) slur, so that's a no-go.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I wonder if they plan to continue Hero Factory next year beside Bionicle? Seems like the two might step on each others toes if they run both themes.

Only if HF manages to improve. Like it did in 2011 with the new build system.

I hope the new BIONICLE have a lot of promotion and propaganda like it did in the beginning. If it has, then it's already a success. Ninjago and Chima have a television series. There MUST be one for Bionicle too.

Edited by HoloTheWise
  • Upvote 1

I wonder if they plan to continue Hero Factory next year beside Bionicle? Seems like the two might step on each others toes if they run both themes.

I hope the new BIONICLE have a lot of promotion and propaganda like it did in the beginning. If it has, then it's already a success. Ninjago and Chima have a television series. There MUST be one for Bionicle too.

I don't really think propaganda is a correct word to use, what with the strong negative connotation it has... :v

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

We went the ENTIRE line without one before, we don't need one now.@Solo, I hope they run both.

I really don't get why you're so vehemently opposed to the idea. Labels are a useful tool and even if you don't see the point of them I don't see why you'd care about other people adopting one.I do admit, though, that every suggestion so far has been pretty poor. Why not an acronym, like AFOL? That's a label of sorts but it's also a completely honest and informative description—AFOLs are adults and they are Lego fans and there's no more to it than that. Can't think of a good acronym, though... FOB (Fan of Bionicle) is the catchiest I could come up with, but it's identical to a racial (or rather, cultural) slur, so that's a no-go.
How about... BF (Bionicle Fan)? Edited by Jakura Nuva

I don't really think propaganda is a correct word to use, what with the strong negative connotation it has... :v

Why you say this ? I'm sorry, english is not my native language so I don't know about this :(

Why you say this ? I'm sorry, english is not my native language so I don't know about this :(

prop·a·gan·da

ˌpräpəˈgandə/

noun

1. derogatory

information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

"he was charged with distributing enemy propaganda"

synonyms: information, promotion, advertising, publicity

Edited by Jakura Nuva

prop·a·gan·da

ˌpräpəˈgandə/

noun

1. derogatory

information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

"he was charged with distributing enemy propaganda"

synonyms: information, promotion, advertising, publicity

Oh my, I'm so sorry.

I'd love to see some bionicle propaganda! just like we got during the cold war. :V

Did somebody say bionicle propaganda? Because we've got some of that!

Well. Vahki propaganda. Still creepy.

• Upvote 1

We went the ENTIRE line without one before, we don't need one now.@Solo, I hope they run both.

I really don't get why you're so vehemently opposed to the idea. Labels are a useful tool and even if you don't see the point of them I don't see why you'd care about other people adopting one.I do admit, though, that every suggestion so far has been pretty poor. Why not an acronym, like AFOL? That's a label of sorts but it's also a completely honest and informative description—AFOLs are adults and they are Lego fans and there's no more to it than that. Can't think of a good acronym, though... FOB (Fan of Bionicle) is the catchiest I could come up with, but it's identical to a racial (or rather, cultural) slur, so that's a no-go.

How about... BF (Bionicle Fan)?

The issue with a two-letter acronym is that most of them are too generic... Even limiting yourself to the Lego community, BF is used to refer to things like BrickFair. I think the fact that we still haven't come up with one after this much brainstorming suggests this might be a lost cause. Oh well.
  • Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I wonder if they will make new videos with MNOG style, speaking of the above.

*plot-twist*: LEGO hires Templar Studios one more time because they realize that they are an awesome company and ask them to make new games and animations for the new BIONICLE, giving nostalgic joy to the older fans and something to care about in the future to the new ones.