OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Is it bad that I don't plan on buying every single set?

Not at all, as it is I highly doubt TLGs business plan has the average buyer as buying all of them (¡Or even most of them..?)

The problem is, I want an Xbox One like you wouldn't believe and we all know those things aren't cheap. 

Aye the current gen consoles aren't exactly cheap, & I don't think a vast majority of people direct all their luxury-funds into a single hobby, but I'm surprised you find an Xbox One really worth it, obnoxiously pricey, not a huge variety of games (all of which one will be able to play on PC to a degree)... if one can afford that I'm surprised one doesn't wait longer to buy a great PC (doubles for work capabilities etc. although that may not be relevant...) that should last just as long and be able to play games from the game-generation after this one... but if you're set on an Xbox One; it's your money & it's what you want, then yeah, I really don't see it as anything bad that you don't want to pour money into an expensive toyline.

I want an Xbox One because it's what I like. If I wanted a PC, I'd ask for a PC and talk about how I wanted one. This was never about the PC. If it was, I'd mention it. The Xbox One has just started out and will get more games as it grows. 

Obviously, you've never played Dying Light or Sunset Overdrive. If that isn't variety I don't know what is. 

Really? Dying Light? Everyone I know who have played that game (six people, give or take) have all hated it. They said it was buggy, boring, had really cheap deaths because the levels aren't designed around the parkour. It's essentially the lovechild of Dead Island and Mirror's Edge, but something went wrong, the baby was stillborn, but they're still trying to raise it. AND it's also on PC. It definitely plays better on the Xbone, but I am a member of the PC master race, and (puts on Nazi helmet) MOOST SHOW YOU ZEE BESS GAMES ARE UNT ZEE PEE CEE. (takes off Nazi helmet) 

Ahem.

Heil Steam.

Back on topic, has anyone noticed how... what's the word... simian Lewa looks now? 

The PC won't have Zelda U, Splatoon, OR Xenoblade Chronicles: X.  ;)

To half way side with you, two exclusives is hardly anything to make a console worth buying. Most people would usually just get a PC/WhateverConsoleistheMostPopular then a Nintendo console, because those are all about the exclusives.

Pretty much, and it's awesome because that's how I imagined G1 Lewa, what with how his arms were attached compared to the other toa. He had a very gangly feel.

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic

Not at all, as it is I highly doubt TLGs business plan has the average buyer as buying all of them (¡Or even most of them..?)

The problem is, I want an Xbox One like you wouldn't believe and we all know those things aren't cheap. 

Aye the current gen consoles aren't exactly cheap, & I don't think a vast majority of people direct all their luxury-funds into a single hobby, but I'm surprised you find an Xbox One really worth it, obnoxiously pricey, not a huge variety of games (all of which one will be able to play on PC to a degree)... if one can afford that I'm surprised one doesn't wait longer to buy a great PC (doubles for work capabilities etc. although that may not be relevant...) that should last just as long and be able to play games from the game-generation after this one... but if you're set on an Xbox One; it's your money & it's what you want, then yeah, I really don't see it as anything bad that you don't want to pour money into an expensive toyline.

I want an Xbox One because it's what I like. If I wanted a PC, I'd ask for a PC and talk about how I wanted one. This was never about the PC. If it was, I'd mention it. The Xbox One has just started out and will get more games as it grows. 

Obviously, you've never played Dying Light or Sunset Overdrive. If that isn't variety I don't know what is. 

Really? Dying Light? Everyone I know who have played that game (six people, give or take) have all hated it. They said it was buggy, boring, had really cheap deaths because the levels aren't designed around the parkour. It's essentially the lovechild of Dead Island and Mirror's Edge, but something went wrong, the baby was stillborn, but they're still trying to raise it. AND it's also on PC. It definitely plays better on the Xbone, but I am a member of the PC master race, and (puts on Nazi helmet) MOOST SHOW YOU ZEE BESS GAMES ARE UNT ZEE PEE CEE. (takes off Nazi helmet) 

Ahem.

Heil Steam.

Back on topic, has anyone noticed how... what's the word... simian Lewa looks now?

Funny. I don't remember asking or caring for your opinion. Last I checked, I wasn't talking to you, was I? 

As for Bionicle, Episode 6 was disappointing. More bad voice acting with cheesy lines.  

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Ahem.

Heil Steam.

Funny. I don't remember asking or caring for your opinion. Last I checked, I wasn't talking to you, was I? 

As for Bionicle, Episode 6 was disappointing. More bad voice acting with cheesy lines.  

You're a little rude, now aren't you? All he/she does is give you some insight on the games and console, like ANYONE would do, and repay knowledge for your own preconceived ideas and egotistical values.

I will agree about the cheesyness. There was a lot of cheese. 

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 1

Ahem.

Heil Steam.

You're a little rude, now aren't you? All he/she does is give you some insight on the games and console, like ANYONE would do, and repay knowledge for your own preconceived ideas and egotistical values.

I will agree about the cheesyness. There was a lot of cheese. 

'Insight' is subjective. That was his opinion and besides the conversation was between me and another user. He did not add anything productive. He merely stated his distaste for the game and nothing else. 

This is why I feel that the series is failing. Too little content in such little time with vast amounts of cheese. 

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Ahem.

Heil Steam.

I do find that odd. I also don't really understand why they made Onua with such broad shoulders…although it does look pretty cool.

Ahem.

Heil Steam.

Sorry for going off topic again, but I also agree with you. Even for a zombie game, it does everything that's already been done before. And the games that it does copy off of does it better. I'm glad I skipped out on it.

Back on topic: I honestly don't know what Lego can do to satisfy all the media-hungry people at this point. Even if they pumped out 10 episodes a week or something, the same peeps would still complain 'there isn't enough'.

Edited by The Bone-Snatcher

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

On a Side Note!!

My Hero Pack and Toa are HERE!!!!!

Sorry just had to share that with the masses!!

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

My Hero Pack should be coming here in a hour or so, along with my S.H.I.E.L.D Hellicarier! It's going to take forever to build that thing.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Try building it in stop motion... I've done that... wow it takes a long time.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

My Hero Pack should be coming here in a hour or so, along with my S.H.I.E.L.D Hellicarier! It's going to take forever to build that thing.

I just built the Helicarrier on LDD, since I probably won't be getting it for real. Really impressive set, but yeah, it'll take a long time to build for sure.

I'll probably be waiting until double VIP points to make a Hero Pack order... but I should probably try to make a list of what I'll get at that point soon.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I would not wait too long there. No telling how many they have and in doing so could run out for this double VIP deal kicks in...

Onua.png

I would not wait too long there. No telling how many they have and in doing so could run out for this double VIP deal kicks in...

True, true... I could probably put in a small order soon just to get the Hero Pack (perhaps just some of those nifty upscaled mugs), but I want to save the majority of my purchases for double points or a comparable deal. Almost every Bionicle, Ninjago, and Elves set this year is on my wish list, and while we've been lucky enough to get some of those for free to review it's still going to be an expensive year all things considered!

I just built the Helicarrier on LDD

you did what

I built the Helicarrier on Lego Digital Designer. The instructions are available in PDF format on Lego's customer service site, and I was bored, so I spent the better part of the past two days building it digitally. I'm not a big enough Marvel fan to actually buy the thing, but it looked like an interesting model and I figured there might be some building techniques involved that could serve as inspiration for my own creations.

Edited by Lyichir

Lyichir. You are a karzing boss.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Yeah I ordered Tahu with Protector of Fire to have a place for the Hero pack Mask. Also Gali to get 3 Toa in my collection.

Onua.png

True, true... I could probably put in a small order soon just to get the Hero Pack (perhaps just some of those nifty upscaled mugs), but I want to save the majority of my purchases for double points or a comparable deal. Almost every Bionicle, Ninjago, and Elves set this year is on my wish list, and while we've been lucky enough to get some of those for free to review it's still going to be an expensive year all things considered!

you did what

I built the Helicarrier on Lego Digital Designer. The instructions are available in PDF format on Lego's customer service site, and I was bored, so I spent the better part of the past two days building it digitally. I'm not a big enough Marvel fan to actually buy the thing, but it looked like an interesting model and I figured there might be some building techniques involved that could serve as inspiration for my own creations.

You probably already know but Onua and LOSS are being offered for double VIP points if you need any of those (or doubles for MoCing pieces since those are two of the best parts packs this wave).

OT but kudos on making that massive set on LDD!

Edited by Toa of Gallifrey

Oh too bad, I already have Onua and LoSS. They were my firsts.

Onua.png

Well not that I am a VIP member anyway. I've had several Lego.com accounts over the years ranging in names. I never seem to stay active on them and forget my account information. Still I think if I had the disposable income the only reason I may get an extra Onua or LoSS is for the parts or to display both versions of Onua next to each other... Or maybe give the big guy another hammer to swing around.

Onua.png

you did what

You know that was a rhetorical question, right?

Am I the only one who wishes Pohatu had a bit more brown? Also, has anyone else replaced that 'dagger' with something that actually looked like a knife?

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Am I the only one who wishes Pohatu had a bit more brown? Also, has anyone else replaced that 'dagger' with something that actually looked like a knife?

I just wish he was dark brown instead of dark orange...dark orange is a good color, but I just really like the dark brown...anyway, I think he has a fair amount of brown. What he needs is some tan, imo...

I don't have him yet but I'm probably going to replace that with an OoF knife. Cause. It looks like a knife.

AXKP5KC.png

Yes & no; but I just pretend that that 'dagger' doesn't exist period.

Actually what I'd really like to see is (warning: not correct colour terminology etc!) more brown shells in different sizes, & ditto for: Onua's/PoE's Purple shells & trans-bones, Lewa's/PoJ's orange bones & trans-green shells, more dark azure shells...

I hope next year we see many of the same colours used again (not necessarily in the same combinations!), because I'd rather not have to chase up other non-Bionicle CCBS sets for them, but as far as this wave is concerned I think Pohatu was the one lacking the most; I know piece count isn't everything, & weapons can skew those numbers, but he seemed to be comprised of far to much silver & black for my liking compared to his size... (I though Tahu & Kopaka had too much gold, but I don't think it totally overpowered their other colours) The brown was noticeable but... once you put the gold mask on it looks like a secondary colour...

I suppose they really were being careful how they implemented the least popular colour :?

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

At first, i switched Pohatu's dagger for an Air Katana, but he's currently using one of Tanma's blades (can't remember the name). I'll probably change it at some point again.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

...Why does he have it? I get that he needs something to fight while flying, but the animations don't even show him using it.

Don't the animations show him flying with his boomerangs in hand and on his feet? I remember the fron of the box shows him riding a whirlwind while carrying the boomerangs. If the animations do too, it might mean that the boomerangs aren't strictly necessary for 'tornado riding', and instead just speed him up while doing so.

Edited by Regitnui

At first, i switched Pohatu's dagger for an Air Katana, but he's currently using one of Tanma's blades (can't remember the name). I'll probably change it at some point again.

But Tamna's blades (known as power swords) are the exact same piece used as the Air Katanas.

Ah. Rahkshi. I meant Solek's Power swords.

I just wish he was dark brown instead of dark orange...dark orange is a good color, but I just really like the dark brown...anyway, I think he has a fair amount of brown. What he needs is some tan, imo...

I don't have him yet but I'm probably going to replace that with an OoF knife. Cause. It looks like a knife.

I feel like Dark Brown might have been TOO dark. It would have seemed a bit out-of-place next to the really bright/pure primary colors of the other Toa. Reddish Brown might have worked, though. Frankly, that was the color I expected a new Pohatu set to use, since quite a few CCBS parts have appeared in that color since 2013... it was a real surprise to instead see a color like Dark Orange that hadn't appeared in constraction since 2003!

On the whole, though, I think Dark Orange was probably the right call. Not only is it a classic color for BIONICLE and the stone element, it's also a nice happy medium between the colors of the earlier and later versions of Pohatu. It's bright enough to stand out, but earthy enough that it doesn't overlap with, say, the Fire element. Future stone sets might be able to use other brown or orange colors as accents, but I think Dark Orange will have some real staying power.

• Upvote 2

you did what

You probably already know but Onua and LOSS are being offered for double VIP points if you need any of those (or doubles for MoCing pieces since those are two of the best parts packs this wave).

OT but kudos on making that massive set on LDD!

I might consider getting doubles of Onua or LoSS at some point, but I've already gotten both of them and am not really wanting for additional parts due to a few recent Bricklink orders. The only Bionicle sets I haven't gotten at all yet are Tahu, Pohatu, and the Fire and Stone Protectors, just because I haven't yet had a pressing need.

you did what

You know that was a rhetorical question, right?

Sorry! ^_^ Oftentimes I can't tell when someone is being sarcastic or is genuinely confused, and if it was the latter I felt I needed to explain fully. As my brother pointed out, not everyone even knows what LDD stands for, and especially considering it's only one letter away from LSD, my statement might take on an entirely different connotation for someone like that! :P

So I just finished building the Hellicarrier. It took me all night, and the better part of the morning to finish it and sweet peanuts are the tips of my fingers sore! Reminds of the pains of building that Imperial Star Destroyer a few days earlier. 

But yeah, decided against opening my Hero Pack. Figured it's gonna be worth a pretty penny in the future.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

That seems like a good option, though I am torn from using the Mask for my new yet to be opened Tahu or following in your footsteps and saving it for a later time.

Onua.png

I feel like Dark Brown might have been TOO dark. It would have seemed a bit out-of-place next to the really bright/pure primary colors of the other Toa. Reddish Brown might have worked, though. Frankly, that was the color I expected a new Pohatu set to use, since quite a few CCBS parts have appeared in that color since 2013... it was a real surprise to instead see a color like Dark Orange that hadn't appeared in constraction since 2003!

On the whole, though, I think Dark Orange was probably the right call. Not only is it a classic color for BIONICLE and the stone element, it's also a nice happy medium between the colors of the earlier and later versions of Pohatu. It's bright enough to stand out, but earthy enough that it doesn't overlap with, say, the Fire element. Future stone sets might be able to use other brown or orange colors as accents, but I think Dark Orange will have some real staying power.

I definitely agree. I think they made the right call, because dark orange really does go much better with bright red, dark azure, and bright green. A part of me still wished for dark brown, but that's just because I have an inexplicable love for that color. I'm not too bummed that it didn't happen. At the very least I hope that future sets may use dark brown, since the only CCBS part we have in that color is the 2.0 torso shell...

AXKP5KC.png