OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Web designers...Why have you forsaken me?

I don't know.

No one remembers how they messed up in VNOG with switching Hewkii and Nuparu's powers.

Maybe Onya made people forget. Who knows.  <_<

This this this. The classic Bionicle web content was far from error-free itself—misinformation abounded (a swapped character description here, a mislabeled image there), and many of the online games, while perhaps more ambitious than the new game, were not nearly as functional and could crash or freeze at a moment's notice. And OCCASIONALLY those sorts of errors would get fixed—but sometimes, in cases like the Mata Nui Online Game 2, critical bugs would remain until patched by fans many years later.

Bionicle's web team is likely the same one that's been working on Lego.com for several years. People only think it's worse because Bionicle has given them a reason to start paying close attention again.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Web designers...Why have you forsaken me?

I don't know.

No one remembers how they messed up in VNOG with switching Hewkii and Nuparu's powers.

Maybe Onya made people forget. Who knows.  <_<

This this this. The classic Bionicle web content was far from error-free itself—misinformation abounded (a swapped character description here, a mislabeled image there), and many of the online games, while perhaps more ambitious than the new game, were not nearly as functional and could crash or freeze at a moment's notice. And OCCASIONALLY those sorts of errors would get fixed—but sometimes, in cases like the Mata Nui Online Game 2, critical bugs would remain until patched by fans many years later.

Bionicle's web team is likely the same one that's been working on Lego.com for several years. People only think it's worse because Bionicle has given them a reason to start paying close attention again.

Example: for a while, the Mixels website had mislabeled some of the Fang Gang, and two of their directions were Chomly's. It took weeks for it to be fixed. LEGO's web team is unfortunately error-prone.

• Upvote 3

Somehow, most major corporations manage to avoid errors like this. They need more people, or better people, or better evaluations to catch these sort of errors and make sure they are fixed. 

I say this as a web design student. I would get terrible grades in my classes if I made errors like the ones on Lego.com. That work requires attention to detail, and there is absolutely no excuse for them having errors that would cause them to flunk college were they to start over again. It's unseemly and it's unprofessional. 

• Upvote 8

I don't have an account, not do I want one. So I can't vote. :P

Water, of course. Also, I don't have the Tao Tahu set yet. Is it an exclusive? 

Tahu isn't an exclusive set as far as I'm aware. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

He;s talking about the "Tao" misspelling, which to me is probably a lesser mistake comparatively speaking.  "Tao" is a much wider-known concept than "Toa", so I'd chalk it up to a case of overzealous autocorrect.

Certainly not the first time the misspelling has appeared.  Or the worst.

I wasn't aware of that misspelling. In that case, I have no idea if its an exclusive. :P

And even though it is a misspelling, I would want that Tahu Nuva/Matau item. 

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster
  • Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I chose Mask of Fire, of course. I wanna be able to burn a hole through a planet, or unleash a blast of fire who's temperature rivals that of a supernova.

Edited by The Bone-Snatcher

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The critical errors in MNOG 2 weren't there originally in 2003. The problems started when LEGO cleaned out all of the content on the BIONICLE site for the 2004 update, and the fans said "um, hey, we'd like the MNOGs back please." So they added MNOG 2 as an unlockable on the Kanoka Club, but with a fatal error - someone had somehow managed to root through the game's files and screw them up (most notably, Nokama's conversation file and Nixie's lab had been entirely deleted). So the Kanoka Club version is glitch-ridden. Unfortunately for LEGO, their contract with Templar had just run out after the production of the Vahki animations, so they were pretty much screwed. They kept the game up but noone knew how to fix it.

Edited by Pereki
  • Upvote 5

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

The critical errors in MNOG 2 weren't there originally in 2003. The problems started when LEGO cleaned out all of the content on the BIONICLE site for the 2004 update, and the fans said "um, hey, we'd like the MNOGs back please." So they added MNOG 2 as an unlockable on the Kanoka Club, but with a fatal error - someone had somehow managed to root through the game's files and screw them up (most notably, Nokama's conversation file and Nixie's lab had been entirely deleted). So the Kanoka Club version is glitch-ridden. Unfortunately for LEGO, their contract with Templar had just run out after the production of the Vahki animations, so they were pretty much screwed. They kept the game up but noone knew how to fix it.

Is the time being 2003 an excuse?

cringe

I don't believe it contains much that is new, I think that's in Romanian , & Google Translate actually works alright for it (just try to use <ă â î ș ț> correctly), on the other pages had roughly speaking::

Protector ice Matoran

Danger! Skull spider jumps from a crack in the ice to attack Matorani protectors, freeze them the evil intruder with ice elemental exploder launch Protector rapids of ice. This powerful warrior of ice with head and shell Bionicle is built for battle fierce, so terrible rotating saw blade and break the ice spider skull before it can remove the mask

Lewa: Master of Jungle, Toa.

Lewa is a real adventurer, a hero that talks fast and an intelligent adventurer, but with some bad manners that got him in trouble. His rebel approach is a sword with two blades that the other heroes both love and hate. Lewa always finds new ways to solve problems but those lead to other problems!

Protector of Jungle, Matoran

Watch out! The evil Skull Spider is preparing an attack deep in the jungle. Go defend the village with the awesome(?) Protector of Jungle, a robust buildable figurine which has a double toned mask with a lever. Set the arms and legs for a terrifying battle pose. Then unleash the power of the strong Elemental Bow with flames and scare away the Skull Spider!

Tahu - Lord of Fire, Toa

Tahu is temperamental and courageous. He likes to excel and thinks of himself as a hero of heroes is best. Forgetful by nature often comes in different mess, but seems to be fine Tahu born under a star very lucky and somehow always manages to scrape or another victorious.

So if you're really curious you could type it into Google yourself, or see if someone else will (translate it [themselves])...

I suspect most of it is very similar ot character profiles, and that none really say Matoran anywhere other than by Translators getting a late memo...

• Upvote 1

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.