OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Everyone's saying how Constraction Luke Skywalker's head looks terrifying, and I'm just sitting here thanking the heavens it actually exists!

A while ago I created a skin for a hypothetical Self-MOC that used a human head. The head was blonde and had blue eyes. The Luke head fits that description perfectly! 

Now does all of Tahu's red sections (mask excluded obviously) come in Metru Blue?

My dad wants to use one of my Bionicles for a demonstration for teaching his grad students about plastic moldings. Who is the best sacrificial lamb? O.o

The Protector of Fire.

Onua would be the best for that discussion I feel. The armor pieces and shoulder/ hammer pieces are incredible pieces of plastic molding with lots of intricate details.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Just wondering does that Ekimu set come with the stand for the mask of creation that we saw at the toy fair?

I would assume it does. After all, if they were adding brick-built stands purely for the display, why was the Mask of Creation given that treatment but not the "bonus" masks from the other sets? For that matter, why have the stand brick-built at all? Other themes feature no shortage of non-Lego armatures and the like to support flying or floating models. The fact that this Mask uses a simple brick-built solution instead strongly suggests that it will appear in the set with a similar stand.

Ah sweet this set just keeps giving, I'm amazed they were able to keep it at such a good price as well, I mean it's the price of one protector and one larger toa, but Ekimu has more pieces on him and the gearbox and they were still able to keep him the same price as the other protectors, and with the extra stand I'm amazed they were able to give such great value for money.

Keep in mind that the "larger Toa"-sized part of the set doesn't seem QUITE as filled out as the other $20 sets. While it's actually taller than any of the $20 Toa, it has a much bonier build compared to the heavily armored Tahu, Kopaka, and Onua. So really it's more like one small-to-mid-size set and one mid-to-large-size set.

Not that the set isn't still a great value. Just not that much of a better value than the other sets this year.

I'd also like to point out that the Ekimu set has a lot of new molds in it, again great value for money. 

It's time to move on.

Everyone's saying how Constraction Luke Skywalker's head looks terrifying, and I'm just sitting here thanking the heavens it actually exists!

A while ago I created a skin for a hypothetical Self-MOC that used a human head. The head was blonde and had blue eyes. The Luke head fits that description perfectly! 

Now does all of Tahu's red sections (mask excluded obviously) come in Metru Blue?

What were they expecting Luke's head to look like? Because this looks as good as I could have hoped for! I don't see anything scary about it...

• Upvote 2

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

What were they expecting Luke's head to look like? Because this looks as good as I could have hoped for! I don't see anything scary about it...

Oh it may have been better or worse (or something else) than expectations, but that still doesn't mean it looks good to them...

For the most part I think it's the almost (extremely but not) uncanniness of it which is the problem...

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Just wondering does that Ekimu set come with the stand for the mask of creation that we saw at the toy fair?

I would assume it does. After all, if they were adding brick-built stands purely for the display, why was the Mask of Creation given that treatment but not the "bonus" masks from the other sets? For that matter, why have the stand brick-built at all? Other themes feature no shortage of non-Lego armatures and the like to support flying or floating models. The fact that this Mask uses a simple brick-built solution instead strongly suggests that it will appear in the set with a similar stand.

Ah sweet this set just keeps giving, I'm amazed they were able to keep it at such a good price as well, I mean it's the price of one protector and one larger toa, but Ekimu has more pieces on him and the gearbox and they were still able to keep him the same price as the other protectors, and with the extra stand I'm amazed they were able to give such great value for money.

Keep in mind that the "larger Toa"-sized part of the set doesn't seem QUITE as filled out as the other $20 sets. While it's actually taller than any of the $20 Toa, it has a much bonier build compared to the heavily armored Tahu, Kopaka, and Onua. So really it's more like one small-to-mid-size set and one mid-to-large-size set.

Not that the set isn't still a great value. Just not that much of a better value than the other sets this year.

I'd also like to point out that the Ekimu set has a lot of new molds in it, again great value for money.

It actually doesn't have that many new molds. Skull Grinder's mask, the Mask of Creation, the new skeleton limbs, the new Skull Villain shell details, the new ribcage shell, and the new blade/club parts from Skull Grinder's weapon are the only molds in the set that are new for the summer. And of those, only the Mask of Creation is exclusive to this set—the others are all featured in one or more of the other Skull Villains as well.

Again, not disputing value for money—it's a fantastic set at a very affordable price. But it's not like this set has more new molds than you'd naturally expect for a set this size.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Personally, I think it was a poor choice to use luke in the first place. It would have been better if they had replaced him with a Stormtrooper or C3PO. Human features just don't work so well in constraction, it's best if it's a character fully clad in armor or a robot. The head is exactly as I expected it would be but it still looks odd.

Back on topic, I love that the Mask of Creation is getting it's own brick-built stand, it just adds that much more to an already fantastic set! By the way, does anyone else find it odd that Skull Warrior is the only skull guy to have a gunmetal skull while everyone else has silver to mach the silver bones and torsos? If anything, Grinder should have gotten the gunmetal skull as it would mach his color scheme much better. And for that matter, Skull Basher should have gotten a gunmetal skull so we could have a different color for both skull masks, plus it would mach his color scheme quite well.

Edited by ToaDraco

"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Personally, I think it was a poor choice to use luke in the first place. It would have been better if they had replaced him with a Stormtrooper or C3PO. Human features just don't work so well in constraction, it's best if it's a character fully clad in armor or a robot. The head is exactly as I expected it would be but it still looks odd.

Well on the contrary, the dc constraction sets "amored heroes and villain" which had green lantern, joker, and batman and hulk constraction had heads that were iffy or awful including such as The Joker's hair and hulks hands.

Luke on the other hand feels like lego has greatly improved themselves with human heads

• Upvote 2

qs3135.jpg

Well on the contrary, the dc constraction sets "amored heroes and villain" which had green lantern, joker, and batman and hulk constraction had heads that were iffy or awful including such as The Joker's hair and hulks hands.

Luke on the other hand feels like lego has greatly improved themselves with human heads

By fully armored I meant head covered too, like a helmet. Which is why Darth Vader works well, while Luke on the other hand looks like a creepy mannequin. 

The Hulk is Marvel, not DC. :P
  • Upvote 3

VBWj75sh.png

Is it greedy to want both an Xbox One and the new Ekimu vs. Makuta set for my birthday? 

I don't think so, but that is just my humble opinion. Others may disagree with me on that. 

If I had to pick between an Xbox One or the Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder set though, I'd go with the Xbox. Only because the Bionicle set would be easier to save up money for and purchase compared to a video game console. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

So I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but you can now play the Mask of Creation game on the Bionicle website.

Edited by ToaDraco
  • Upvote 1

Is it greedy to want both an Xbox One and the new Ekimu vs. Makuta set for my birthday?

I don't think so, but that is just my humble opinion. Others may disagree with me on that. 

If I had to pick between an Xbox One or the Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder set though, I'd go with the Xbox. Only because the Bionicle set would be easier to save up money for and purchase compared to a video game console.

I'm going to try and get a New 3DS XL and Ekimu for my birthday. I really want a NN3DS, but Ekimu is awesome.

Also, Makuta isn't going to be released this year. Sorry.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I think that this topic is losing it's popularity. I'm sure it'll spike again in the summer. Will their be a Bionicle 2016 forum?

WOAH DUDE, WAY TOO FAR AHEAD!

This may be the wrong place for this, but how do the Masks of Creation, Control, and Ultimate Power have pedestals if they are lost and waiting to be claimed? Someone had to have found the masks and built the pedestals, but why build the pedestals when you could just keep the masks for yourself? Has anyone been confused about this as much as I have?

• Upvote 1

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

I think that this topic is losing it's popularity. I'm sure it'll spike again in the summer. Will their be a Bionicle 2016 forum?

Most likely. 

I think the main reason why this topic is slumping, is because we've basically talked about everything that needs to be talked about.

Oh, and PS4 >>>> Xbone

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I think the main reason why this topic is slumping, is because we've basically talked about everything that needs to be talked about.

Oh no we haven't! Did anyone notice the way Tahu's head twitched in one of the animations..... :P But seriously we're kinda running out of things to talk about. 

Edited by masterchirox580
  • Upvote 2

It's time to move on.

Oh no we haven't! Did anyone notice the way Tahu's head twitched in one of the animations..... :P But seriously we're kinda running out of things to talk about. 

Yeah… We are straying off topic a lot. Personally, we need a Bionicle Gen2 Subfourm.

cringe

Yeah… We are straying off topic a lot. Personally, we need a Bionicle Gen2 Subfourm.

Doesn't this topic count? 

It's time to move on.

Doesn't this topic count? 

Well, yeah, but I feel like people are just mashing topics that could be related into 2015 into this one.

P.S. I have all Toa, PoS, PoJ, and PoE. Who's next guys?  :P

cringe

This may be the wrong place for this, but how do the Masks of Creation, Control, and Ultimate Power have pedestals if they are lost and waiting to be claimed? Someone had to have found the masks and built the pedestals, but why build the pedestals when you could just keep the masks for yourself? Has anyone been confused about this as much as I have?

Talk about this plz. :P

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Even though it is Bionicle 2015 related, I believe there already is a topic regarding this subject... I know because I have posted over there about it...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Well, it is the mask of Creation. Maybe the mask made it when it landed? Unless someone has found the masks...

But probably just plot convenience.  :P

cringe

Maybe the masks had pedestals already built for them after they were crafted and are programmed to fly off to those pedestals when lost. Naturally, no one knows where they're located except Ekimu & Makuta.

Probably this, but why would they even take their masks off in the first place? I feel like that's saying, "oh, I can put this bar of gold in my pocket, but I think i'll just leave it out in the open."

• Upvote 1

cringe

Maybe the masks had pedestals already built for them after they were crafted and are programmed to fly off to those pedestals when lost. Naturally, no one knows where they're located except Ekimu & Makuta.

Probably this, but why would they even take their masks off in the first place? I feel like that's saying, "oh, I can put this bar of gold in my pocket, but I think i'll just leave it out in the open."

In case they lost them. If Ekimu's mask got knocked off, it'd fly towards it's pedestal so he can reclaim it. Makuta also willingly removed his mask, and it went towards his pedestal.

• Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

In case they lost them. If Ekimu's mask got knocked off, it'd fly towards it's pedestal so he can reclaim it. Makuta also willingly removed his mask, and it went towards his pedestal.

Why would Makuta build a pedestal for his MouP? I didn't think he had enough time to build one, since as soon as he was finished with his mask, he put it on.

cringe

Why would Makuta build a pedestal for his MouP? I didn't think he had enough time to build one, since as soon as he was finished with his mask, he put it on.

Just imagine this:

Ekimu: Uh-oh. I dropped my mask.

*mask teleports away to pedestal*

Ekimu: *sighs* Dangit. Makuta, this is the worst failsafe ever!

Makuta: I know. Kind of regretting that choice since our masks are so loose.

• Upvote 4

Just imagine this:

Ekimu: Uh-oh. I dropped my mask.

*mask teleports away to pedestal*

Ekimu: *sighs* Dangit. Makuta, this is the worst failsafe ever!

Makuta: I know. Kind of regretting that choice since our masks are so loose.

lol. Seriously, that's why I think the theory isn't plausible. 

cringe