OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Huh? I must admit if they're using the term matoran in Romania then I'm peeved that they didn't use it over here, are us English speakers just too dumb or something? 

Or maybe the translator just wasn't given a hypothetical update (stop using certain BIONICLE terms, "streamlining" etc.)

Regardless, please remember Hanlon's Razor:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

(Although, I don't think this sort of "streamlining" is stupid)

Edited by Iblis
  • Upvote 3

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Huh? I must admit if they're using the term matoran in Romania then I'm peeved that they didn't use it over here, are us English speakers just too dumb or something? 

Or maybe the translator just wasn't given a hypothetical update (stop using certain BIONICLE terms, "streamlining" etc.)

Regardless, please remember Hanlon's Razor:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

(Although, I don't think this sort of "streamlining" is stupid)

I still don't think there was any need to drop matoran, it's pretty easy to pronounce. 

It's time to move on.

I still don't think there was any need to drop matoran, it's pretty easy to pronounce. 

Pronounciation probably isn't the issue; one of the possible issues with it is that it doesn't actually add much, I personally don't feel there is anything wrong with it, but TLG might be worried about introducing to many terms (which I do kinda agree with; as a rough ratio to content in the series, and that it is a generalisation, I suspect it's a but more of a correlation than causation but I digress).

My point was that it probably had nothing to do with anyone thinking that English speakers(/readers/listeners) would find it hard, merely that the translator possibly didn't get the memo, so to speak.

• Upvote 1

Pronounciation probably isn't the issue; one of the possible issues with it is that it doesn't actually add much, I personally don't feel there is anything wrong with it, but TLG might be worried about introducing to many terms (which I do kinda agree with; as a rough ratio to content in the series, and that it is a generalisation, I suspect it's a but more of a correlation than causation but I digress).

My point was that it probably had nothing to do with anyone thinking that English speakers(/readers/listeners) would find it hard, merely that the translator possibly didn't get the memo, so to speak.

With the "are English speakers too dumb" comment I didn't mean it literally, it was sorta just meant to be hyperbole. 

• Upvote 1

It's time to move on.

With the "are English speakers too dumb" comment I didn't mean it literally, it was sorta just meant to be hyperbole. 

Fair enough, sorry I jumped the gun there.

• Upvote 1

If anyone's seen the new Star Wars sets, I must say, Luke looks absolutely terrifying. Not FNAF "Omigod, Pirate Cove's open! Foxy's coming... Omigodomigodomigod-AHHH!!!" levels of scary, but more that I wouldn't want to own that head piece.

Now, Vader? I'm picking him up solely for the shoulder and calf armor. I hope the "console" and abdomen pieces are stickered, not printed. I love printed pieces to death, but sometimes you just want to own the plain version.

Speaking of which, anyone know how to get sticker residue off of Kopaka's stickered armor?

• Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

If anyone's seen the new Star Wars sets, I must say, Luke looks absolutely terrifying. Not FNAF "Omigod, Pirate Cove's open! Foxy's coming... Omigodomigodomigod-AHHH!!!" levels of scary, but more that I wouldn't want to own that head piece.

Now, Vader? I'm picking him up solely for the shoulder and calf armor. I hope the "console" and abdomen pieces are stickered, not printed. I love printed pieces to death, but sometimes you just want to own the plain version.

Speaking of which, anyone know how to get sticker residue off of Kopaka's stickered armor?

Warm/hot water, and a little soap might do the trick.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Or you can put it in a bat of roaches. I hear they love to eat that type of substance.

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Chances are that the Star Wars figures will be more detailed and filled out than, say, a Protector or $15 Toa.  They're meant to be representations of humans, after all, so they can't look too robotic.

I wouldn't say they can't. Are we forgetting the Star Wars Transformers so soon?

Whoa, there's something I've never seen before. :P

Isn't that a bit off topic for here? I'd be happy to make a new topic down in Lego Discussion for this...

I'm just waiting for constraction size lightsabers...

This. Plus also we get a non-bootleg Darth-Vader helmet. We can now make replicas of the Rahagvaders out of legit Lego pieces now lol. 

Rahagvaders???

man episode 12 where ekimu dies great!(joke) :)

Whoa, you had me scared there for a second. :cry:  :P

[rofl], someone stole Skull Scorpio's mask: B9zb2zFCMAAcsdJ.jpg

:P  :P  :P

Oh? Are you admitting guilt here? I mean you posted the picture and they say the criminal always returns to the scene of the crime...

Yes, I stole Skull Scorpio's mask while I was traveling with my BZP buddies, while they were taking pictures.

Well your name is Bone-Snatcher... maybe you snatch masks too? :P  :P  :P

So, is this a good time to talk about the Star Wars constraction figures? I just read the press release (no pics yet  <_< ) and it said that the lowest price would be $19.99. I want to see the sets now to justify the price...

They were pictured on Twitter, and look extremely simple. Basically, the shell pieces cover the length of each limb so they don't really look like constraction figures anyways.

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/566636761183313921

Luke might be a bit simple, but Vader certainly is not. (Still overpriced, but definitely worth at least $20.)

HURRAAAAAAY, the Skull Slicer IS worth buying for a successful, crazy gimmick! I guess the one with a missing black gear at Nuremberg just wasn't assembled properly.

Actually, not quite. There genuinely is only a black gear on one side. The thing is, the LOWER arms are joined across the center: see here.

My mind is blown. Skull Slicer is now my second-favorite Bionicle summer 2015 set. (He was already going to be, but now it's confirmed.)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I'm pretty sure unprinted versions of those parts exist. Could be wrong though. 

Isn't that a bit off topic for here? I'd be happy to make a new topic down in Lego Discussion for this...

I'm just waiting for constraction size lightsabers...

This. Plus also we get a non-bootleg Darth-Vader helmet. We can now make replicas of the Rahagvaders out of legit Lego pieces now lol. 

Rahagvaders???

Bootlegs that used Darth Vader helmets instead of standard Rahaga heads. 

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty sure unprinted versions of those parts exist. Could be wrong though.

They do. Unprinted Black 6M shells debuted in Black Phantom in 2012. Unprinted black torso shells have appeared in loads of sets as well. Not sure what you mean by "console"... but the black chest piece came unprinted in both Black Phantom and Core Hunter, and the square sign element has appeared unprinted in dozens upon dozens of sets.

But all this would be better discussed in the topic FOR the Star Wars sets and not in the Bionicle topic, wouldn't it?

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

That head piece.

GALIDOR HATH RETURNED!!!!!!!!111

• Upvote 1

cringe

Well, built Kopaka and Protector of Stone like a day and a half ago. Super dope sets. Both are really fun to play with.

Protector of Stone's weapon is sweet and I love the new brown colour, but I can't say I am a fan of his lack of back armour, especially when the Protector of Jungle (whom is essentially a clone of this guy) has some. And yeah, I can see why they are listed at retailers as a combo cause they are practically twins

The Master of Ice is awesome. A pretty standard build for this 2015 line, but I love the overall look. His spear is cool, and his shield/ski's are pretty nice. The shoulder armour is excellent. I like the colour distribution for the most part but the silver torso armour is weird... Why couldn't they have used a white piece? It's the only real silver part in the whole construction and it bugs me. Also, the legs are kind of cool and well-armoured but look a little awkward from the side. Still, Kopaka is great for action poses, and pitting him against Tahu makes for some familiar moments

Love the sets. But I do have to admit I am a little disappointed that none of the Toa can actually look down... the chest armour gets in the way and it's hard to take good photos from a lower-angle as a result.

Brought my sets home for family week and it's pretty awesome to have a spot for the 2015 line with the rest of my collection. 

-NotS

• Upvote 3

tahubanner.jpg

Ok, copied the POJ's Romanian description and put it through Google Translate to see if there's any hidden lore. No such luck:

Romanian:

Atentie! Maleficul Paianjen-craniu pregateste un atac in adancul junglei. Arunca-te in apararea satului protectorilor cu teribilul Protector al junglei, o figurina robusta, construibila, avand o masca in ton dublu cu tragaci. Potriveste bratele si picioarele pentru a crea infricosatoare pozitii de lupta. Apoi dezlantule lansatorul rapid al imensului Arc elementar cu flacari si pune-l pe fuga pe Paianjenul-craniul.

Translation:

Heads Up! Evil Spider-Skull preparing an attack deep in the jungle. Throw yourself in the defense of the terrible village of the protectors Protector of the jungle, a sturdy figurine, built with a Dual tone mask trigger. Fit arms and legs to create frightening battle positions. Then unleash the huge Arc rapid launcher with flame elemental and put it to flight spider skull.

Analogous English blurb: 

Beware! The evil Skull Spider is mounting an attack deep in the jungle. Swoop to the defense of the Protectors’ village with the awesome Protector of Jungle, a sturdy, buildable figure featuring a dual-tone mask with pop-off trigger. Adjust the arms and legs to create fearsome battle poses. Then unleash the huge Air Elemental Flame Bow’s rapid shooter and send the Skull Spider scurrying for safety.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

When I saw Protector of Stone at Target a month early, I noticed that the back of the package said "Protecteur de la Pierre".

THE PROTECTOR OF STONE'S NAME IS PIERRE. 

• Upvote 4

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Well, since I have my 2015 sets back with my whole collection, I decided to take some comparison pics:

Gali with her Mata and Nuva counterparts:

gali.jpg

Every Kopaka set:

kopaka.jpg

Every single Ice Toa set ever:

ice.jpg

Every Tahu set:

tahu.jpg

Almost every Fire Toa set minus Lhikan and Norik (and plus Ackar):

fire.jpg

Not as nice a pic, but with Lhikan:

fire2.jpg

BIONICLE has truly come a long way!

-NotS

• Upvote 6

tahubanner.jpg

I did something similar for the Protector of Earth. I can't be sure, but it seems to refer to him as a he. That was probably obvious though.

The translations on the back of the boxes also refer to Gali with the masculine form of "Master," so honestly take that with a grain of salt.

@NotS: Those are some really cool shots! Man, Tahu Stars was never the most impressive set, but compared to 2015 Tahu...jeez. That's not even a fair comparison.

• Upvote 4

AXKP5KC.png

Just wondering does that Ekimu set come with the stand for the mask of creation that we saw at the toy fair?

I would assume it does. After all, if they were adding brick-built stands purely for the display, why was the Mask of Creation given that treatment but not the "bonus" masks from the other sets? For that matter, why have the stand brick-built at all? Other themes feature no shortage of non-Lego armatures and the like to support flying or floating models. The fact that this Mask uses a simple brick-built solution instead strongly suggests that it will appear in the set with a similar stand.

• Upvote 2

Well, since I have my 2015 sets back with my whole collection, I decided to take some comparison pics:

Gali with her Mata and Nuva counterparts:

gali.jpg

Every Kopaka set:

kopaka.jpg

Every single Ice Toa set ever:

ice.jpg

Every Tahu set:

tahu.jpg

Almost every Fire Toa set minus Lhikan and Norik (and plus Ackar):

fire.jpg

Not as nice a pic, but with Lhikan:

fire2.jpg

BIONICLE has truly come a long way!

-NotS

Wow. I never had a complete set of colors.

Just wondering does that Ekimu set come with the stand for the mask of creation that we saw at the toy fair? 

I think it does. Nothing else has a stand like that, and it was at both ToyFairs. But against it's defense, it isn't pictured on the box.

• Upvote 1

cringe

I would assume it does. After all, if they were adding brick-built stands purely for the display, why was the Mask of Creation given that treatment but not the "bonus" masks from the other sets? For that matter, why have the stand brick-built at all? Other themes feature no shortage of non-Lego armatures and the like to support flying or floating models. The fact that this Mask uses a simple brick-built solution instead strongly suggests that it will appear in the set with a similar stand.

Ah sweet this set just keeps giving, I'm amazed they were able to keep it at such a good price as well, I mean it's the price of one protector and one larger toa, but Ekimu has more pieces on him and the gearbox and they were still able to keep him the same price as the other protectors, and with the extra stand I'm amazed they were able to give such great value for money. 

• Upvote 1

It's time to move on.

Ah sweet this set just keeps giving, I'm amazed they were able to keep it at such a good price as well, I mean it's the price of one protector and one larger toa, but Ekimu has more pieces on him and the gearbox and they were still able to keep him the same price as the other protectors, and with the extra stand I'm amazed they were able to give such great value for money.

Keep in mind that the "larger Toa"-sized part of the set doesn't seem QUITE as filled out as the other $20 sets. While it's actually taller than any of the $20 Toa, it has a much bonier build compared to the heavily armored Tahu, Kopaka, and Onua. So really it's more like one small-to-mid-size set and one mid-to-large-size set.

Not that the set isn't still a great value. Just not that much of a better value than the other sets this year.

• Upvote 6

Keep in mind that the "larger Toa"-sized part of the set doesn't seem QUITE as filled out as the other $20 sets. While it's actually taller than any of the $20 Toa, it has a much bonier build compared to the heavily armored Tahu, Kopaka, and Onua. So really it's more like one small-to-mid-size set and one mid-to-large-size set.Not that the set isn't still a great value. Just not that much of a better value than the other sets this year.
You can't argue that it's the best set.

cringe

Keep in mind that the "larger Toa"-sized part of the set doesn't seem QUITE as filled out as the other $20 sets. While it's actually taller than any of the $20 Toa, it has a much bonier build compared to the heavily armored Tahu, Kopaka, and Onua. So really it's more like one small-to-mid-size set and one mid-to-large-size set.Not that the set isn't still a great value. Just not that much of a better value than the other sets this year.
You can't argue that it's the best set.

Because Ekimu is the best set.

• Upvote 1

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Yeah yeah, all hail Ekimu... Seems kind of Bias towards the other sets. Yes he is the Mask maker and like the deity of Gen2 in certain respects. We are forgetting that he is just another Protector build. A bit yes, he has gold armor, and the addition of a non-Protector mask addition is a bonus. He is a gold Protector with an added function. Would we be so excited if the PoW did the breaststroke?

All I all, I am likely to grab at him if I have the money to spare upon his release...

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Yeah yeah, all hail Ekimu... Seems kind of Bias towards the other sets. Yes he is the Mask maker and like the deity of Gen2 in certain respects. We are forgetting that he is just another Protector build. A bit yes, he has gold armor, and the addition of a non-Protector mask addition is a bonus. He is a gold Protector with an added function. Would we be so excited if the PoW did the breaststroke?

All I all, I am likely to grab at him if I have the money to spare upon his release...

Nobody's "forgetting" anything.  Ekimu has a solid design on his own.  The set takes the Protector build and pretty smoothly integrates the gearbox to give him a function.  Also, the colors are really good, especially with fact that he includes his gold/blue blended Protector mask.  Plus, he has a hammer gun.  Legendary figure or not, I'd want the set.

• Upvote 5

OpAXNpl.jpg