OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

The big battle scene isn't new, but I think a lot of people failed to cover it because it doesn't really have new information and the somewhat awkward posing of some of the characters kind of undermines the scene's cinematic appeal.

Actually I think it's because in the initial scan (which is I'm sure the only way a lot of people read it) they omitted the spread. I didn't know it existed until I got the magazine myself. This is why digital copies are so great!

Anyway as for next year, gimme new Toa. Then gimme new Toa again. Then bring back a varied bunch of all of them.

• Upvote 1

I think I might skip the bad guys this year. I might grab the Ekimu set but other than that I think I'm good. 

You are feeling veeeerrryyy sleeeeeppppyyyy...

Quick, grab his wallet while he's out! Donate all his money to the Lego Group! 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

I think I might skip the bad guys this year. I might grab the Ekimu set but other than that I think I'm good.

Lol I second this idea... Here let me help... *Opens wallet only for moths to fly out* Um... Let me get back to you...
  • Upvote 6

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I was gonna challenge you to a joust but that Gali pic made me reconsider. Well played. Also, I only have like, two bucks and a dime in my wallet.

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

So, is this a good time to talk about the Star Wars constraction figures? I just read the press release (no pics yet  <_< ) and it said that the lowest price would be $19.99. I want to see the sets now to justify the price...

Probably not. Your just buying the brand, mostly.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So, is this a good time to talk about the Star Wars constraction figures? I just read the press release (no pics yet  <_< ) and it said that the lowest price would be $19.99. I want to see the sets now to justify the price...

Probably not. Your just buying the brand, mostly.

I get it. Like paying for college: it's more like you are paying for the name. Lol.

• Upvote 1

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Chances are that the Star Wars figures will be more detailed and filled out than, say, a Protector or $15 Toa.  They're meant to be representations of humans, after all, so they can't look too robotic.

I wouldn't say they can't. Are we forgetting the Star Wars Transformers so soon?

• Upvote 1

Chances are that the Star Wars figures will be more detailed and filled out than, say, a Protector or $15 Toa.  They're meant to be representations of humans, after all, so they can't look too robotic.

I wouldn't say they can't. Are we forgetting the Star Wars Transformers so soon?

Wow... just could not get in fast enough... I was thinking the exact same thing...

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Yes.  Yes we are.

(Though that's a slightly different story, as a better analogy would be if there were a Star Wars/BIONICLE crossover rather than Star Wars constraction figures.)

OpAXNpl.jpg

Transformers fans such as myself would like to forget about that chapter in the franchise's history.

I'm just waiting for constraction size lightsabers...

"It's got a great defense mechanism... you don't dare kill it..."

alien_isolation_6_0.jpg

Isn't that a bit off topic for here? I'd be happy to make a new topic down in Lego Discussion for this...

I'm just waiting for constraction size lightsabers...

This. Plus also we get a non-bootleg Darth-Vader helmet. We can now make replicas of the Rahagvaders out of legit Lego pieces now lol. 

That looks pretty good! Replacing the gold really does make the colors look much better. I've seen several people say they'd do that, but this is the first time I've actually seen it. I notice you also made him taller. I generally like how he's shorter and stockier, but that actually looks pretty good.

I've been thinking a lot recently about how I'll modify Onua when I get him myself (actually spent the entire morning at school debating it). I think I'm planning on replacing the silver shoulderpads with some black savage planet claw...shell...things, perhaps with some gold adornments? And I was thinking of replacing the purple shells (and lower torso shell) with gunmetal, while adding trans purple bones to his arms. I was also debating getting rid of the purple entirely and trying to see how dark green would look on him, though I'll probably skip on that since the torso stickers have the purple and everything...His color scheme as it is in the set is just really unappealing to me. I guess I won't know what I'll do for sure until I actually get him, though.

Edited by farmstink buttlass

AXKP5KC.png

That looks pretty good! Replacing the gold really does make the colors look much better. I've seen several people say they'd do that, but this is the first time I've actually seen it. I notice you also made him taller. I generally like how he's shorter and stockier, but that actually looks pretty good.

I've been thinking a lot recently about how I'll modify Onua when I get him myself (actually spent the entire morning at school debating it). I think I'm planning on replacing the silver shoulderpads with some black savage planet claw...shell...things, perhaps with some gold adornments? And I was thinking of replacing the purple shells (and lower torso shell) with gunmetal, while adding trans purple bones to his arms. I was also debating getting rid of the purple entirely and trying to see how dark green would look on him, though I'll probably skip on that since the torso stickers have the purple and everything...His color scheme as it is in the set is just really unappealing to me. I guess I won't know what I'll do for sure until I actually get him, though.

Thanks! Yeah, I felt I had to compensate towards making the chest larger and more proportional, so I made the legs slightly longer too. He's actually still pretty short though, when standing him next to Tahu you can easily see the height difference.

Edited by hiddenderek

The claws on his hands is the hammer. You cannot have both without first either taking the shoulder pads off and using them, or using the shovel claws. Nice on choosing the silver armor over the gold. Though I think I'll keep mine gold for the time being... looks better with his gold mask...

Onua.png

Oh, LEGO. When will you learn to not upload everything at once in various european languages?

I totally loved episode eleven, by the way. It's the one released in Welsh with the first appearance of the skull guys. it's a joke

Must suck for LEGO that this keeps happening, though. You'd think they'd avoid messing up like this after the first time.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

LEGO did it again. They uploaded all the episodes, this time I believe to be in Turkish.

Lego either has trouble managing its Youtube account or it REALLY wants us to see these episodes early. :P

Yeah. Lego has been having a major problem with their uploads.

cringe

My birthday haul. :)

boxhaul2.jpg

Pretty stoked to build (and play) these later tonight!!! 

(also my birthday was on the ninth, but just got my presents)

-NotS

Happy Birthday! I wanted Majora's Mask, but most of my funds went into a new iPod Touch.  :crying:

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Yes, the Birthday SPAM continues here... Happy Birthday to you Lad. Them two Bionicle sets are a nice grab. Not really a fan of the Zelda games. It isn't that I outright dislike them. I just never really got into them as others have...

Onua.png

I just got Tahu and PoJ for V-day, they are pretty great sets. Tahu's shoulders atre a bit odd and the chestplate prevents him from looking down but these are minor issues. PoJ will likely be my favorite Protector, he is just really cool. Now I have two Toa and two Protectors, the other two are Onua and PoE.

Edited by ToaDraco

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

I just got Tahu and PoJ for V-day, they are pretty great sets. Tahu's shoulders atre a bit odd and the chestplate prevents him from looking down but these are minor issues. PoJ will likely be my favorite Protector, he is just really cool. Now I have two Toa and two Protectors, the other two are Onua and PoE.

Heh, those were my first 4 in the same order.

cringe

May I be the first one to say that the Skull villains are anatomically incorrect.

Please note that this does not make me an opponent to the summer wave overall, but this is just a single thing that bugs me about them. Honestly, the new colors are great, but just read on:

As a college student, I already know the anatomy of the human skeleton, and the skull villains get it wrong! (I'll lay off Scorpio, though. That wouldn't be fair)

The new bone pieces are meant to look like a radius & ulna on the lower arms and a tibia & fibula on the lower legs. On most of the sets, the arms are done right, but the legs are so wrong! Skull Slicer is the only one with legs that make at least some sense, but the rest are either backwards or asymmetric.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

[rofl], someone stole Skull Scorpio's mask: B9zb2zFCMAAcsdJ.jpg

Edited by -Windrider-

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Oh? Are you admitting guilt here? I mean you posted the picture and they say the criminal always returns to the scene of the crime...

Onua.png

Oh? Are you admitting guilt here? I mean you posted the picture and they say the criminal always returns to the scene of the crime...

Yes, I stole Skull Scorpio's mask while I was traveling with my BZP buddies, while they were taking pictures.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

May I be the first one to say that the Skull villains are anatomically incorrect.

Please note that this does not make me an opponent to the summer wave overall, but this is just a single thing that bugs me about them. Honestly, the new colors are great, but just read on:

As a college student, I already know the anatomy of the human skeleton, and the skull villains get it wrong! (I'll lay off Scorpio, though. That wouldn't be fair)

The new bone pieces are meant to look like a radius & ulna on the lower arms and a tibia & fibula on the lower legs. On most of the sets, the arms are done right, but the legs are so wrong! Skull Slicer is the only one with legs that make at least some sense, but the rest are either backwards or asymmetric.

Well, we're not really dealing with humans here in BONKLE, are we? 

Actually, what were the skull skeletons before death? Skull Scorpio just really confuses things, since scorpions have exoskeletons... what was Skull Scorpio? 

Out of the Skulls, Warrior/Basher/Grinder are the only ones that could have been things like Toa, while Skull Slicer is something, and I don't want to even begin imagining whatever Skull Scorpio was.

Edited by I HATE PUNS.
  • Upvote 2

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Actually, what were the skull skeletons before death? Skull Scorpio just really confuses things, since scorpions have exoskeletons... what was Skull Scorpio? 

If one looks at G1, one should know that nothing was meant to really connect to our universe; anything that is called a something [Real Life species] was called that because it looked like something that had similarities to [Real Life species], & one can think of it as a sort of (meta) translation convention, not to mention Rahi that are something-something [real life name], their name doesn't necessarily mean [real life analogue of sorts] but that it's in a category of that, or something else.

Whilst we don't know that about G2 as such, it seems silly to presume that something that's named after a really life thing is either meant to be it exactly or was once it; it's called Scorpio because it looks like a Scorpion; we might presume that there is something else in the G2 universe called a Scorpio(n) but that's partly dependent on when a possible translation-convention came into place;

Skull Spiders don't appear to be anatomically correct but the similarity is there so the name isn't totally arbitrary; being confused by something so specific ...is overly simplistic...

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

They were pictured on Twitter, and look extremely simple. Basically, the shell pieces cover the length of each limb so they don't really look like constraction figures anyways.

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/566636761183313921