OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Omega Tahu confirmed! And if that isn't Makuta back there I'm a Mahi.

Edit: Ninjago'd. Ekimu, huh. Maybe he'll be more of a creator god than a Great Spirit.

Edited by Akavakaku

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Also,  a green Toa in the background (Lewa?) and a large spider on the other image.

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

@Akavakau- Well, evil red eyes, so I'm willing to bet it's Makuta. :P

Well, this is what TTV said:

Makuta wears the Mask of Control, Ekimu the Mask of Creation. Makuta wants the Mask of Ultimate Power. Both brothers are in a slumber.

Soft reboot confirmed! They also said that.

Wait, the Mask of Control...? Not the Mask of Shadows? I'm a little surprised- like, what the heck is the Mask of Control going to do? Control minds? That's what the Komau is for... unless that mask doesn't exist in this canon. I need moar info!

• Upvote 8

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

*Sigh* (kinda)... looks like Bionicle is taking a HF building system approach. Not much of a fan of the printed details on the armor pieces either. I think it takes away some aesthetic value. Still hyped tho! (Really want that clear revamped Hau, if that is even what it's called anymore)

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

Yay hard reboot confirmed! And it looks like Ekimu and Makuta really are brothers this time. Good- I don't want more Makuta popping up late in the story anyway.

So, it looks like not only is the Mask of Creation going to be the MacGuffin that our heroes are going to have to go after, but so are the Mask of Control and the Mask of Ultimate Power. Interesting.

Also, Okoto appears to be in the same shape as the island of Mata Nui, except with very defined areas for specific elements, kinda like the Slizer planet.

10/10 am excited

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

I hope this is not the style they use for the TV show, assuming there is one.

• Upvote 1

Why are you all (sans Lucina, since she's supporting the new style) hating on the art style? Would you rather have nothing? It looks awesome, too!

I like it, but the overview of Okoto is meh. No Slizer-borders, please

Edited by Rider Of Spiders
  • Upvote 1

"Onua gazes upon the Earth and sees riches. It is our Duty to dig, and our Destiny to find them"

- Aiyetoro

Just watched the vid. Pretty cool for a reboot! Lego is making too big a deal of this for them to screw it up, so I have high hopes!

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

Also Makuta confirmed! Hopefully they're only be one of him and won"t be his species name instead. And... Ekimu instead of Mata Nui? Eh, Ekimu sounds a little bit... funny in my opinion. 

i think they abolished the whole 'mata nui' because it was the name of an island, a great being, a toa, and there were a group of toa named after it.....

makuta was almost as bad but at least it was just a 'clan/species' and not 6 different things lol

• Upvote 1

bionicle_logo_compressed.png?l.r=-186523

What if Okoto used to be the Slizer planet, but it was flooded and only the poles are still above water??

In seriousness, though, this style is pretty cool, and probably the best choice for storytelling given the characters featured might not have actual set forms yet. Did anyone else manage to understand the narration at the part where several similar masks appeared?

• Upvote 1

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

YES!! A Flash animated series. I totally called it! And, if it's a miniseries, I guess LEGO just loves making Flash-animated short series now (including this and Mixels).

I'll reserve my judgement on the story until the panel. And that transparent Hau is sick. Cannot WAIT for more!

Edited by Toa Green Ninja

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

First things first. Retweeted that post as soon as I saw it. That new Hau is freaking fantastic. Love it. And the CG render of Tahu and Kopaka and the Spider... These look like awesome sets! :)

And next, wow! What a video! They have the same narrator from what I can tell, which is great. The art style is a little rough and I'm not a big fan, but man. The story!

I have no doubt in my mind that this is a hard reboot. But I'm not even mad. That new story sounds great! Makuta and Ekimu, brothers that create legendary masks, and a conflict that led to both of them falling to sleep. And then the whole thing about the three masks and the Mask of Ultimate Power. This is pretty great, though I guess it just establishes the backstory and I still definitely want to see how the Masters fit it. :)

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

BIONICLE "reboot" is akin to Star Trek new movies. Confirmed for three year line right now, possibly more later

I just think it looks awkward. I'm trying to imagine Tahu and the others moving around, and I just see them tripping over. There's only so much you can do with such complicated character designs in this super chibified style, that's all. I don't think it'll do them justice or be a good representation of what kids will be going to the store to buy. In MLP, it works, but... well, those are simple character designs to begin with. Having to... compress them like this? It totally clashes.

• Upvote 2

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/