OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I do think this was the best episode yet. The Toa are at their best when they're interacting with one another, which gives me hope for the story to continue to improve going forward.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

So quick personality assessment: Tahu is pretty much still Tahu (just a little more upbeat), Kopaka is definitely still Kopaka, Gali's still the voice of reason, Onua is showing his wisdom and seems very lighthearted, Lewa is a sarcastic and sly speaker (I really like this. It's like orignal Lewa and Matau all bundled up in one being), and Pohatu is Batman (the fact that he has boomerangs as his main weapon, and Batman is famous for using his Batarangs as sort of a main in most animated depictions makes this comparison even stronger). 

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 2

So wuick personality assessment: Tahu is pretty much still Tahu (just a little more upbeat), Kopaka is definitely still Kopaka, Gali's still the voice of reason, Onua is showing his wisdom and seems very lighthearted, Lewa is a sarcastic and sly speaker (I really like this. It's like orignal Lewa and Matau all bundled up in one being), and Pohatu is Batman (the fact that he has boomerangs as his main weapon, and Batman is famous for using his Batarangs as sort of a main in most animated depictions makes this comparison even stronger). 

Yes.

Also, did anyone notice that most of the Toa came into the scene just outside of the entrance, while Tahu entered from the entrance?

• Upvote 1

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

So wuick personality assessment: Tahu is pretty much still Tahu (just a little more upbeat), Kopaka is definitely still Kopaka, Gali's still the voice of reason, Onua is showing his wisdom and seems very lighthearted, Lewa is a sarcastic and sly speaker (I really like this. It's like orignal Lewa and Matau all bundled up in one being), and Pohatu is Batman (the fact that he has boomerangs as his main weapon, and Batman is famous for using his Batarangs as sort of a main in most animated depictions makes this comparison even stronger). 

Yes.

Also, did anyone notice that most of the Toa came into the scene just outside of the entrance, while Tahu entered from the entrance?

Presumably he created a giant lava fountain and surfed his way there. Or he turned evil.

Because in LEGO media, it's always the white guy that dies, and it's always the red guy that turns evil.

Edit: added tags around NINJAGO spoilers

Edited by Torchbearer

Yes.

Tahu as disguised alternate dimension traveling Makuta Teridax behind the skull villains, LoSS, and Okoto-Makuta breaking the sacred law and making the MoUP confirmed. Current quest: lead everyone into ancient city to be exterminated by skeleton army. 

Yes.

Tahu as disguised alternate dimension traveling Makuta Teridax behind the skull villains, LoSS, and Okoto-Makuta breaking the sacred law and making the MoUP confirmed. Current quest: lead everyone into ancient city to be exterminated by skeleton army. 

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

Yes.

It all makes sense now!

That Tahu is fake, so he leads the team into danger, then the real Tahu comes in and saves the day!

Nice job Lego; as if Tahu has not been drilled into our skulls enough, I now can come to terms with it.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Yes.

Presumably he created a giant lava fountain and surfed his way there. Or he turned evil.

Because in LEGO media, it's always the white guy that dies, and it's always the red guy that turns evil.

Technically, in Ninjago, the first of the Ninja to turn evil was Cole (when he was hypnotized by Skales). I don't think Kai has ever turned evil except in "The Ultimate Spinjitzu Master" when all four original Ninja were corrupted. Nya was the first one the Overlord corrupted with his dark matter, though, so I guess she counts.

This latest episode was indeed pretty good. Great that the Toa are finally interacting with each other!

Yes.

Technically, in Ninjago, the first of the Ninja to turn evil was Cole (when he was hypnotized by Skales). I don't think Kai has ever turned evil except in "The Ultimate Spinjitzu Master" when all four original Ninja were corrupted. Nya was the first one the Overlord corrupted with his dark matter, though, so I guess she counts.

I guess so, but just remember Web of Shadows. :)

• Upvote 1

Hands down, 7 is the best episode. Overall, I have NOT been impressed with the animations but this one is better than the previous six combined and I was looking forward to it since they were leaked in other languages. If this is any indication of what the animations will be like from now on, I will be happy. The interactions of the Toa are perfect, though I think Kopaka and Pohatu's personalities should be switched but it's not a big deal and I really like Pohatu's attitude and accent. Onua is spot on and I love him, Gali is quite good and Lewa is hilariously indifferent. Tahu I won't discuss as we have had plenty of time to get to know him.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

and Pohatu is Batman (the fact that he has boomerangs as his main weapon, and Batman is famous for using his Batarangs as sort of a main in most animated depictions makes this comparison even stronger). 

I'M POHATU. 

The author of Untitled Self Portrait would beg to differ though. :P

I still hate that gali's voice is a dude. Unless she's now a dude and I just missed that detail.

The only detail you're missing is that none of the characters are actually "voiced," per se. It's all the narrator doing the voices.

Yes but it still insinuates that the characters themselves are talking, with the eye flashing and body language. I wish they had given each of them a different voice actor, or at least a different voice. Seems like a cut corner to me.

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

I do like the characters. I'm certainly getting Lewa next, and I like Pobatman quite a bit. The others... Hmm.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Yes.

Technically in BIONICLE, Lewa was the first to turn evil. Twice. Followed by Tahu and then Vakama, the only one who "willingly" turned evil (which was what I was referring to). Kai was never corrupted by dark matter, and if he was, they never showed it. I made a boo-boo in that post, it's a spoiler from a later episode. I'll go put tags on it now.

I still hate that gali's voice is a dude. Unless she's now a dude and I just missed that detail.

The only detail you're missing is that none of the characters are actually "voiced," per se. It's all the narrator doing the voices.

Yes, but he clearly speaks differently with each Toa to give each a distinct voice, and Gali still sounds/ends up sounding male. Maybe the narrator just can't do or won't dare to try a female voice?

Edited by Sir Kohran

Yes, but he clearly speaks differently with each Toa to give each a distinct voice, and Gali still sounds ends up sounding male. Maybe the narrator just can't do or won't dare to try a female voice?
How many men can pull off a female voice without sounding ridiculous? Few, I imagine, that could also do Onua's deep voice and PoF's wise one. Edited by Regitnui
  • Upvote 3

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Yes, but he clearly speaks differently with each Toa to give each a distinct voice, and Gali still sounds ends up sounding male. Maybe the narrator just can't do or won't dare to try a female voice?

Clearly. But maybe differentiating there voices is more than is required for intelligibility...

[Regardless of what people want. & there will usually be someone slow on the uptake of anything compared to someone else.]

I (sort of) agree with Regitnui, but maybe better safe than sorry...

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

I finally completed my set of Toa with Kopaka arriving this past weekend. Almost done with this first wave.

The only problem I have with him, now that he is in hand, is that shield. The way he holds it allows for the shield to get in the way pretty easily. Other than that, Kopaka is another very satisfying set.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Yes.

Technically in BIONICLE, Lewa was the first to turn evil. Twice. Followed by Tahu and then Vakama, the only one who "willingly" turned evil (which was what I was referring to). Kai was never corrupted by dark matter, and if he was, they never showed it. I made a boo-boo in that post, it's a spoiler from a later episode. I'll go put tags on it now.

Really? I thought I remembered all four of the Ninja being hit by the dark matter cannon as they climbed the tower, so Lloyd was all alone by the time he reached the top. Granted, they didn't SHOW him corrupted after he was hit, but I thought it could be assumed. :???: Maybe I need to re-watch some of those older episodes, though. It's been a while since I've seen them.

Really? I thought I remembered all four of the Ninja being hit by the dark matter cannon as they climbed the tower, so Lloyd was all alone by the time he reached the top. Granted, they didn't SHOW him corrupted after he was hit, but I thought it could be assumed. :???: Maybe I need to re-watch some of those older episodes, though. It's been a while since I've seen them.

Nope. Jay and Cole were hit with Dark Matter, Zane was left holding them off and was promptly hit with Dark Matter, but Kai was left behind fighting Nya, which is why Lloyd was alone. Trust me, I've watched that episode too much. :P

VBWj75sh.png

Pohatu is the hero of Australia :D :flagaus: (note that I'm not Australian, I'm just showing respect to a country that has produced such an amazing hero)! Also I think the new Lewa is going to be a lovable jerk.

Well, if (nanananana) Pohatman is going to come from anywhere, it'll be from the country where even caterpillars can send you to hospital. :P

• Upvote 1

Pohatu is the hero of Australia :D  :flagaus: (note that I'm not Australian, I'm just showing respect to a country that has produced such an amazing hero)! 

Are you talking about his voice in the new episode? That sounded more like cockney to me.

Sounds like deep Australian to me (although I hear Ausie accents have they're origin in cockney/London), besides it makes more sense that they'd try to give him an Australian accent what with him having boomerangs as weapons. 

It's time to move on.

(although I hear Ausie accents have they're origin in cockney/London)

Australia was founded by British settlers, so yes, the Australian accent has inherited some sounds.

besides it makes more sense that they'd try to give him an Australian accent what with him having boomerangs as weapons.

Perhaps, but I've listened to it on high volume and I'm pretty sure it's not Australian as he doesn't pronounce 'got' a bit like 'gort' as an Australian might.

Edited by Sir Kohran

Going on a tangent, for those of you who are planning on getting Ekimu Vs. Skull Grinder in the summer, are you going to put the Mask of Creation on Ekimu? Or the his half gold/half light blue mask instead? I'm thinking I'll put the generic Protector mask on first, than swap it out for the MoCr if it looks better. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I am definitely planning on putting the MoCr on him. It would seem wasteful not to. (then again doing so kind of makes the stand feel wasteful but you can't win every battle)

Unless it ends up looking weird, I guess? I doubt it will, because it is after all meant to be his own mask, but I dunno. A bunch of the masks in the first wave don't go so great on Protector-size bodies.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

Pohatu is the hero of Australia :D  :flagaus: (note that I'm not Australian, I'm just showing respect to a country that has produced such an amazing hero)! 

Are you talking about his voice in the new episode? That sounded more like cockney to me.

Sounds like deep Australian to me (although I hear Ausie accents have they're origin in cockney/London), besides it makes more sense that they'd try to give him an Australian accent what with him having boomerangs as weapons. 

That's not an Australian accent. His voice sounds nothing like an actual Australian accent (unless you're deep in bogan-ville), and it's so far off that pretty much well anyone I know would have a hard time trying to match Pohatu's voice, it's that far off.

Honestly, I find it more than a little annoying that LEGO chose an accent (super-annoying when everything to do with Pohatu is Australian stereotyping, except his personality, which is odd) so far off from the truth.

• Upvote 1

That's not an Australian accent. His voice sounds nothing like an actual Australian accent (unless you're deep in bogan-ville), and it's so far off that pretty much well anyone I know would have a hard time trying to match Pohatu's voice, it's that far off.

Honestly, I find it more than a little annoying that LEGO chose an accent (super-annoying when everything to do with Pohatu is Australian stereotyping, except his personality, which is odd) so far off from the truth.

You see, the stereotype is all most people know. If it bothers you that much, you should try and change the stereotype. Every country has a stereotype. What matters is if you have the ability to laugh at yourself or not. XD

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 1

You see, the stereotype is all most people know. If it bothers you that much, you should try and change the stereotype. Every country has a stereotype. What matters is if you have the ability to laugh at yourself or not. XD

Exactly. Also I'm aware his Ausie accent isn't the greatest (heck my sister's boyfriend is from Australia), it's just that it's clear that's what he was trying to do. 

It's time to move on.

You know I must say that the saddest part about the reboot is that most of the good artwork/media in general is IMO being made by the fans... 

That is the best part about the reboot. Lego is inspiring creativity and innovation for the least amount of effort possible. Yay for Lego! :P

• Upvote 4