OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

So when are we expecting the summer wave sets to be seen in stores? Late May or June?

-NotS

...August.

Well, they'll probably start popping up early at certain locations in July, since that pretty much happens every year. But you won't necessarily be able to find them reliably until August, and May or June are probably too much to hope for.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

So when are we expecting the summer wave sets to be seen in stores? Late May or June?

-NotS

...August.

Well, they'll probably start popping up early at certain locations in July, since that pretty much happens every year. But you won't necessarily be able to find them reliably until August, and May or June are probably too much to hope for.

Popping up early as in like Bionicle 2015 appearing in December? Or as in G1 popping up in the middle of Summer?

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

-NotS

...August.

Popping up early as in like Bionicle 2015 appearing in December? Or as in G1 popping up in the middle of Summer?

More like the former. Very few street dates for Lego are absolute, and there will almost always be a few retailers who release the sets early. But predicting exactly WHICH retailers will do so is pretty difficult.

Based on my experiences I expect that Toys R Us, if they don't release the sets early, should have them out promptly on August 1. They tend to be fairly reliable that way. Other than that, anything goes. Often it's just a matter of how much stock the retailers have left from the winter wave—a store that has sold through a large amount of a certain theme is more likely to put the new stuff out early, whereas a store that is overstocked with that theme might not put out the new sets until there's room on the shelves. And that can vary even within the same retail chain depending on location.

• Upvote 2

-NotS

...August.

More like the former. Very few street dates for Lego are absolute, and there will almost always be a few retailers who release the sets early. But predicting exactly WHICH retailers will do so is pretty difficult.

Based on my experiences I expect that Toys R Us, if they don't release the sets early, should have them out promptly on August 1. They tend to be fairly reliable that way. Other than that, anything goes. Often it's just a matter of how much stock the retailers have left from the winter wave—a store that has sold through a large amount of a certain theme is more likely to put the new stuff out early, whereas a store that is overstocked with that theme might not put out the new sets until there's room on the shelves. And that can vary even within the same retail chain depending on location.

Welp, guess I'm not getting anything over the Summer.

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Growing Up Killed the Joy:

Now, I want to go back to the topic of 'imagination'. As an adult, I find it a lot harder to use compared to how easy it was as a child. Creating a world and a story with a few figures was just like a snap of my fingers back then. Now? It's a lot harder to do,

Speak for yourself. I'm a fantasy writer, and I've made a few changes to sets based on my imagination, most notably placing two of those 2-long circle pins in the sides of Lewa's arms so that the axe blades are actually plausible wings.

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

-NotS

...August.

You know that LEGO has an online shop, right? You buy them right there, right on time, and they ship to you ASAP. Plus, if you sign up for the VIP program, you get one point for every dollar you spend; then, you can redeem every 100 points for a $5 gift card. I'm planning on buying all of my summer sets online, so I get about 90 points.

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

-NotS

...August.

You know that LEGO has an online shop, right? You buy them right there, right on time, and they ship to you ASAP. Plus, if you sign up for the VIP program, you get one point for every dollar you spend; then, you can redeem every 100 points for a $5 gift card. I'm planning on buying all of my summer sets online, so I get about 90 points.

You can get VIP points in store too.

cringe

Well, yes, but I like the certainty of buying them on LEGO's own website. I just don't really go to my nearest LEGO store because it's over an hour away. Ordering them seems to work just fine for me, and I'm pretty sure LEGO uses either USPS or UPS (maybe Fedex), and they ship pretty much everywhere in the continental USA.

The last episode of the Bionicle animations have been released in English on YouTube, FYI.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The last episode of the Bionicle animations have been released in English on YouTube, FYI.

I had just watched it a little while ago. This one... was pretty good. It wasn't cringe-worthy and actually took itself pretty seriously, not to mention the lines are seemingly starting to add a little depth. Little by little. Lewa's whole "Finding something in this mess is like finding a needle in the haystack" was truthfully more descriptive than a lot of things in the past parts of the series. It seems like they want the world building to occur in the Ancient City first, which I'm perfectly fine with. Ekimu's voice was... ehhh. I think my favorite part was Tahu's reaction to Ekimu talking to him again. That was hilarious. :P

All in all, it was actually pretty solid and the Ancient City already has some really cool landmarks shown off. I wonder what mask goes on that pedestal that Pohatu had called attention to earlier. What are they foreshadowing? The mysteries are starting, and I'm like a kid in a candy store and hyped like never before. Also, that music.  :br:

That pedestal.. could it have been where the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders used to sit? Does this mean that someone OTHER than LoSS has it, and it was only included in his set so that it would exist in physical form, as we have yet to see him use it canonically? That would also explain why LoSS didn't call any skull spiders to its aid in the battle... because it doesn't have the mask that it would naturally use to control them.. It's been a puppet this whole time. Something that seemed like a boss villain but in the end was just a pawn no less than the Skull Spiders themselves. Something is coming... and I don't mean just the Skull Villains, who seem to be puppets as well. After this year, things are about to become very.. interesting. 

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 2

Look at the tweets on the BZP homepage. the BS01 tweet links to it. I would, but whenever I use BZP on Internet Explorer (which I have to when I use my Surface), I can't use the paste function... or start polls... and tons of other stuff. It's a real issue that I know about, but point is, there's the episode.

Personally, I think that the episodes make a nice 10 minute short. Not super long, not amazing, but I think they do the trick. That trick being, of course, to bring people in and get interested in the Bionicle line. My little cousin is six, and he just ate up the episodes he's seen... Man, I can't wait till August when I can visit him (he lives in North Carolina, I live in New England)! I'll have some of the summer sets by then, so we can play with those and read the book that's coming out... Bruh... It's gonna be real fun.

• Upvote 1

Well I just watched episode 9 and...seriously lego that's the voice you're going with for Ekimu, I mean I expected him to have a deeper voice, I mean come on he was a magic blacksmith (or mask maker or whatever you want to call him). Other then that this one is just the same as the rest, although one thing that needs explaining is what do the villains need Ekimu for? It couldn't be for the mask of creation because that thing is somewhere else, are they gonna kill him or something?

It's time to move on.

Well, the same could be said for the Toa. Why do they need Ekimu? I'm thinking maybe Ekimu has some to clue as to where Makuta might be, or where the Mask of Creation (or Ultimate Power) is. In any case, the Golden Masks, as Onua pointed out, are leading them to him.

It doesn't need explaining yet. That's literally part of the mystery. That's like starting out in 2001 and demanding to know why the Toa are there. You'll learn when it's significant to the plot, now hush up and enjoy the speculation and mystery that this series is known for. ;)

Also, no one even knows if the Skull Villains WANT Ekimu. They're not holding him captive or anything. His inanimate body was laid to rest by the protectors. The prophecy was made by him. I think what this means is that Ekimu's days of being dormant are almost up. He will awaken soon. The Skull Villains on the other hand seem to be very clearly after the Mask of Creation. They're most likely connected to Makuta, just as the Skull Spiders are (Makuta: The Mask Hoarder, does that official title dawned by the new Makuta bring any meaning to why horde enemies are collecting and searching for powerful masks? You bet it does. Makuta is very clearly using any power available to him in order to hunt down the MoUP, and by extension, any mask that could be used to stop him).

I also see Ekimu's voice as meant to be more strained than old. I'm sure once he awakens he'll pretty much sound like a man in his 30's-40's.

• Upvote 1

I also see Ekimu's voice as meant to be more strained than old. I'm sure once he awakens he'll pretty much sound like a man in his 30's-40's.

Considering the man(?) has been in a coma for at least a generation, I'd definitely agree that this is the case. Also, he's not communicating with his voice, but through telepathy, so that's not his voice, but how the Toa interpret his thoughts. Given that the Protectors have likely been filling their minds with tales of the 'Ancient City' where the mask makers lived, it's very probable that they'd consider him an old figure, not having met him.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I watched episode nine, and it was good. It kind of felted like Pohatu had a 'leader of the group' vibe going for him towards the end of it. Did anyone else feel that way as well? I'm not saying its bad or anything. But he did kind of look like the leader of the group to me at the end of the video. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

After reading the credits in episode 9, I realize that the voice actor/cast is not listed.

Does Lego want to hide his identity from disgruntled fans?

Yeah, I noticed that too...

On a slightly unrelated note, has anyone written a transcript of this episode? After Tahu says "Shh, quiet!" it sounds like he says a bunch of gibberish before saying "that weird voice in my head again." Does anyone know what he's saying?

• Upvote 1

After reading the credits in episode 9, I realize that the voice actor/cast is not listed.

Does Lego want to hide his identity from disgruntled fans?

Yeah, I noticed that too...

On a slightly unrelated note, has anyone written a transcript of this episode? After Tahu says "Shh, quiet!" it sounds like he says a bunch of gibberish before saying "that weird voice in my head again." Does anyone know what he's saying?

He was stammering, showing how uncomfortable it is having weird voices being in your head (He's also probably still trying to come to terms with how weird all of this is as well). I really liked that part. :P

I wonder if it's similar to that feeling cartoon characters usually get when a ghost passes through them? 

Sales as in "reduced prices"? Because there has been rumors that Target has been doing such things.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

All Toa acquired! They're currently sitting under Marendar's watchful gaze in a Battle Mode group photo. Though, here's a question; How many of you guys have switched Gali's (silver) Axe blades with Lewa's (gunmetal) blades, for a better color match with her (gunmetal) feet and her (silver) swords respectively?

Edited by Regitnui
  • Upvote 1

All Toa acquired! They're currently sitting under Marendar's watchful gaze in a Battle Mode group photo. Though, here's a question; How many of you guys have switched Gali's (silver) Axe blades with Lewa's (gunmetal) blades, for a better color match with her (gunmetal) feet and her (silver) swords respectively?

I have all of the Toa too. :)

I haven't thought about switching Lewa and Gali's blades though. I might try it sometime to see what I think of them like that.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I never have, because I prefer my sets to be canon built. ;)

Oooh… Can you post a picture?

cringe

Personally, I don't see the point. I don't subscribe to the notion that a character's weapons have to necessarily match their armor. In fact, I'd argue that it's generally nice to have some contrast. That's also why the yellow or brown parts of the Toa and Protectors' weapons don't bother me—they help to give the weapons a more detailed, almost handcrafted appearance, as opposed to weapons that blend with the colors of the figure themselves or look like a solid chunk of metal.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 2

I did that, but then switched them back because I thought the colors looked nicer as they were.

Oooh… Can you post a picture?

Perhaps I shall soon...

'Chir (sorry, can't remember which of you answered), I see where you're going with that. I do indeed like the idea that the 'blades' on Lewa's weapon are just repurposed pieces of arm armour. Similarly with the other Toa's Adrenaline/Battle mode transfomations, though I haven't decided what the default is for most of them (besides Lewa, obviously). Just thought it might match better.

Edited by Regitnui

Wow a double post within a single post. That is a New one on me.

Anyway having both Lewa and Gali I cannot say I have though about switching their blades around. I think in part it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. I mean if I ended up breaking them down to make a new model or something I would forget what version went with what Toa anyway so I don't see the point...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

August will be here in no time. I remember hearing about the summer sets in February, hearing august, and thinking its so far away. But now its almost May lol. 

Hey, you're right! Only a couple more months to go till we can have our skelingtons!

It happens when you press the post button twice on a slow connection.

Anyway having both Lewa and Gali I cannot say I have though about switching their blades around. I think in part it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. I mean if I ended up breaking them down to make a new model or something I would forget what version went with what Toa anyway so I don't see the point...

I'm more curious than certain. Lewa's gunmetal blades might look better on Gali's feet, etc.

I'm more curious than certain. Lewa's gunmetal blades might look better on Gali's feet, etc.

I've tried. Lyichir was right when he said that the contrast is good. Trust me.

Yeah, I tried it out as well, and I find both sets are better with contrasting weapon colors. Actually, I almost wish that Lewa's swords were Titanium Metallic just like his axe blades. But I can see how another brand-new recolor might have been pushing it. Maybe one day we might get those swords in Titanium Metallic in another set and I'll be able to see what they look like in that color for real...