OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

The skull dudes look pretty cool and I like the half transparent masks, but...

Where the heck is Gali?

Seriously. Tahu doesn't get a corrupted mask but he gets to fight Skull Grinder in the final battle.

But Gali is nowhere. I can't even see her in any of the comics. She's the only Toa who didn't get a bad guy to fight.

What is she even doing?

• Upvote 4

I just called my nearest Lego store (I live in NC, USA) and they said that they didn't even have any dates in the system for when they'd be getting the new sets. They said that all the stores in the country would be getting the shipment at the same time and it wouldn't be any time soon, probably late June early August, like we all expected. This is definitely a very limited release in very few places.

That's what they told me at my local Lego Store too. :/

• Upvote 2

Hail Denmark

I now need an excuse to go to Cardiff.

It's lovely this time of year and the castle, while not authentically medieval, is brimming with charm. The city is woven with spacious arcades that bustle with unique shops. Additionally, I've heard wonderful things about the library.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Where the heck is Gali?

Seriously. Tahu doesn't get a corrupted mask but he gets to fight Skull Grinder in the final battle.

But Gali is nowhere. I can't even see her in any of the comics. She's the only Toa who didn't get a bad guy to fight.

What is she even doing?

She's going through bad mood swings and is working for the bad guys, just like Vakama. She could only take so much of Lewa's constant pessimism and sarcasm.
  • Upvote 3

She's going through bad mood swings and is working for the bad guys, just like Vakama. She could only take so much of Lewa's constant pessimism and sarcasm.

Seeing as humor is her dump-stat for Gen2, Lewa being responsible for alienating her makes perfect sense. =P

In all seriousness, I am puzzled by the lack of a blended Mask of Fire, seeing as it's the 2015 poster-mask (with four different versions already extant.) You'd think marketing would dictate its presence in the summer wave.

I suppose that a Fall exclusive or two is possible, but I find it hard to believe that it hasn't been leaked yet.

• Upvote 1

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Where the heck is Gali?

What is she even doing?

Where are you guys finding the comics, might I ask?

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Where the heck is Gali?

What is she even doing?

Where are you guys finding the comics, might I ask?

I think that SailorQuaoar was referring to the little comic strips on the back of the Skull Villain boxes, which aren't much to go by considering they're most likely just like those of the Winter Wave's: non-canon.

Edit: Also, Gali appears in this one: http://i.imgur.com/Kn5pMk6.jpg. Last panel, far left.

Double Edit: I started getting scared since the Ekimu he built had asymmetrical shells on its legs. It was only once I had looked at the photo with Ekimu wearing the MoC that I was able to determine because the shells on the arms were shown to be mismatched, and that the set itself is in fact symmetrical when it comes to its build. 

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 1

Well if that comic with skull Scorpio is any inclination then whoever said that the reason the golden masks are changed is due to the villains may have some merit as his comic shows him grabbing Pohatu's golden mask.

Also on a winter note (Sorry just woke up pun not intended but welcome) I finished Kopaka yesterday and I have to say he definitely feels like the most armored of the Toa. Also it seems as though his lance/spear is a bit heavier than expected as the friction that I was given doesn't seem to be able to hold it up in some poses. If anyone has any recommendations on how to improve this problem. I would be grateful. Right now I am thinking of adding a 3rd gear below the other 2 but not sure I have the spare pieces. Also not sure if it would make it too stiff.

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Wait, so people already have their hands on the sets?!

You didn't know?!!

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Wait, so people already have their hands on the sets?!

You didn't know?!!

WHAT THE HECK?! ARE THEY IN THE U.S. YET?!

Nah, just in Europe....................For now.

• Upvote 2

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I had to wait two months for the first wave, but I'll drop my my local TrU. Maybe the stars have aligned and I got something before the BZP set review.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I had to wait two months for the first wave, but I'll drop my my local TrU. Maybe the stars have aligned and I got something before the BZP set review.

Man I hope the stars don't align... I'm done with stars. Eeugh, at least the new combos are better than Gaardus.

• Upvote 2

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

I was able to get to the Watford LEGO Store to pick up the new sets also. I decided to scan the comics in the instructions for everyone to enjoy:

70791, 70792, 70793, 70794, 70795

I know they are pretty much the same as the ones on the box, but I scanned these to fulfill a request from someone on another forum so figured I'd share them here too. Nice to have scanned copies I suppose!

I know these are probably non-canon, but they do appear to explain why the masks we get are partly transparent. Notice how they are only transparent when the Villain is physically holding the mask in their hands/claws. Are the Skull Villains draining the Mask's power?

• Upvote 12

My Flickr - My Brickshelf - My DeviantART

Latest MOC: Draphim the Dragonborn - Latest artwork: Mazzie Rati

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!

I was able to get to the Watford LEGO Store to pick up the new sets also. I decided to scan the comics in the instructions for everyone to enjoy:

I know they are pretty much the same as the ones on the box, but I scanned these to fulfill a request from someone on another forum so figured I'd share them here too. Nice to have scanned copies I suppose!

I know these are probably non-canon, but they do appear to explain why the masks we get are partly transparent. Notice how they are only transparent when the Villain is physically holding the mask in their hands/claws. Are the Skull Villains draining the Mask's power?

I actually think the whole "transparency=drained" hypothesis that's been floating around is wrong. Why? Because a normal villager mask (no elemental powers) is just a solid color. The Protector masks however, have that bit of transparency to show that those masks have elemental powers. I think that transparency itself represents an element flowing through a character/mask. In the case of the gold masks, I think that the villains are trying to extract the raw energy from the masks OR are overloading the masks with elemental magic, thus if one of the Toa were to put it on, it would be too much for them to control and they'd go berserk. 

On a side note, can anyone take a picture of Ekimu with the MoC on posed in a normal standing stance?

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic

Is it me? Or these comics dropped their quality in comparison with the Winter Wave's?

• Upvote 1

Is it me? Or these comics dropped their quality in comparison with the Winter Wave's?

Well, they're certainly not as long, but part of the reason for the length of the winter ones might have been that they had to do double-duty in showcasing both the Toa and Protector sets.

As for the art quality, I see some impressive poses and angles for some panels and some less impressive poses and angles for others. So, not too much different than the ones for the winter wave.

• Upvote 2

This whole time I've thought Skull Grinder wants the MoCr for personal use, but he seems to just want to destroy it. I wonder why?

Maybe the skull villains are the good guys and the mask of creation must be destroyed in order to stop an ever creating evil! :o

• Upvote 1

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

This whole time I've thought Skull Grinder wants the MoCr for personal use, but he seems to just want to destroy it. I wonder why?

Huh, yeah.  The box art makes much more sense now.

It's probably some sort of creation vs. destruction plot point to branch off the creativity vs. control theme of the masks.

Also I have another Gali now, because why not.

• Upvote 3

OpAXNpl.jpg

Maybe the skull villains are the good guys and the mask of creation must be destroyed in order to stop an ever creating evil! :o

That would be a great twist for the story if that was the case. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Thinking about it, they could do that without necessarily making the skull villains the "good guys".  They could be like the Anti-Spirals from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (or any other similar faction, though that's what came to mind for me), who believe that spiral energy is a force of destruction that must be contained.  It could be that the skull villains believe the same, that the Mask of Creation represents some kind of harmful untamed creation power that must be destroyed.

Though I think the creation-vs.-control/destruction theme is a more likely scenario.

• Upvote 5

OpAXNpl.jpg

apparently, Grinder made Scorpio, presumably, out of old dead bones.

guess we know why he's Skull Grinder now?

Where'd you get that info?! O_O

the info about Scorpio being Grinder's creation came fropm another one of the product descriptions, the made of bones thing was a conclusion i reached based on form, location, and size of Skull Scorpio. o:

• Upvote 1

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

the kaita have returned!!!  and the rumors are dead   :o

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI

The way those comics are set up implies to me that the theme for this wave will be 'unity'; the Toa learning to rely on each other as their masks are stolen by the Skulls and their teammates must retrieve them. Though Gali and Tahu don't get a designated for, I think that could be good for two reasons; Gali becomes more aware, dodging the Skulls when they steal her masks. Tahu, not having his mask stolen, charges in against Grinder, only to be humbled quickly, forcing him to acknowledge the resr of his team as peers.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

The way those comics are set up implies to me that the theme for this wave will be 'unity'; the Toa learning to rely on each other as their masks are stolen by the Skulls and their teammates must retrieve them. Though Gali and Tahu don't get a designated for, I think that could be good for two reasons; Gali becomes more aware, dodging the Skulls when they steal her masks. Tahu, not having his mask stolen, charges in against Grinder, only to be humbled quickly, forcing him to acknowledge the resr of his team as peers.

Eh, I would've prefered it if the Toa went off on their own and had to reclaim their masks seperately.

Because let's be honest, don't you think it'd be silly if all the Toa were just walking along and then Skull Scorpio just stole Pohatu's mask? 

I have two questions regarding the set comics.

Is the Skull Warrior shown with Kopaka's Mask of Ice some type of commander or just one that got lucky? Also, did Ekimu just pull a "Takua" and put the Mask of Creation over his Protector mask?

I don't think these could be answered by the general public, but I thought I'd ask them anyway. The end of this year is going to be interesting.

• Upvote 1

Scans are offline, seems the whole brickshelf gallery is down right now unless I'm doing something wrong! Sort it out Emma :P

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!