Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Why are you the one that gets to decide that and ignore me? What gives you authority? This is why I really think Ultron shouldn't have delegated this.

Ultron gave me permission to RP as these Matoran, not you. As such, I am well within my rights to ignore the numerous occasions that you have bunnied, autohit, or otherwise taken control over them.

I apologise if this fact was not made clear earlier on.

And, as outlined above, common sense dictates that a person who has had a very long head start and run quite a fair distance in order to get themselves lost in a completely different part of the school shouldn't be able to be located in the course of a single sentence. Kuma had no way of tracking the Matoran, so there's no logical way he could've found him so easily.

Therefore, I have also retconned the part of Kuma's post that involved finding him so quickly. 

Again, I'm thinking that maybe the argument may have gone a bit too far... It's kind of feeling a bit heated now.

I agree.

I've said my piece and made the facts clear, so if ToaKapura still has an issue with it he can take it up directly with Ultron via PM. 

Edited by Locus

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Hey Kapura... While I disagree with him in some regards *cough*deadMatoran*cough* I have to say that I agree with Locus and the others here. Kuma is acting somewhat ridiculous, as other players have pointed out. I don't say this to be mean or discriminatory, and I don't think the others have either - we're trying to keep the game fair and enjoyable for everyone, and unfortunately sometimes that requires constructive criticism and tempers can really start to flare.

And while I understand that this is a tense situation, having myself grown quite distraught over some of it, I think you should calm down. Take a deep breath, or whatever else you want to do to calm down. When you feel like you're ready, try to look at this in perspective, unbiased, and see what really makes sense, as a cohesive story co-written along with everyone else, and not just what you'd like to happen.

Believe me, this will all turn out much better if we can cease arguing, come to an agreement, and all just play fairly, on both sides - not even sides, really. We're all on the same side here, we just want to have fun roleplaying.  :)  And that will be much easier to achieve if you (and indeed everyone) takes it easy, accepts constructive criticism, and plays realistically.

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

While I disagree with him in some regards *cough*deadMatoran*cough* 

I refer you to my earlier statements that the two Matoran who did die had deaths that were both realistic and reasonable under the circumstances. Feel free to disagree, but I stand by my earlier points. 

Believe me, this will all turn out much better if we can cease arguing, come to an agreement, and all just play fairly, on both sides - not even sides, really. We're all on the same side here, we just want to have fun roleplaying.  :)  And that will be much easier to achieve if you (and indeed everyone) takes it easy, accepts constructive criticism, and plays realistically.

On this note, I wholeheartedly agree. 

The final Matoran has fallen asleep in the library, and is open for interaction from anyone who has characters already over in that part of the school. I would prefer it that those of you with characters over at the gym didn't suddenly decide to visit there.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

While I disagree with him in some regards *cough*deadMatoran*cough* 

I refer you to my earlier statements that the two Matoran who did die had deaths that were both realistic and reasonable under the circumstances. Feel free to disagree, but I stand by my earlier points.

I figured you would. Hence

I request that Ultron arbitrate this one, or we'll probably argue in circles for eternity.

I used to tell myself I didn't want to join Corpus because I used to only be interested in the BZPRPG. Then Tanks and Bionifight came along. Um. Yeah, I'm joining Corpus now. :D

Name: Nymph

Variation: Density Control

Level: 2

Gear: A big sword, a small satchel filled with grenades, a powerless Rahkshi staff and a plethora of interesting philosophical books.

Appearance: Slim and tall, Nymph isn’t exactly the perfect image of what a Rahkshi would be considered to be. Nymph is, unusually, red and black, with the occasional bit of grey where the base mechanical components of his armour show up. These are most prominent around the knees, hips, elbows and fingers. 

Personality: Reserved and quiet.  Nymph prefers spending his time either alone or with a small group of friends. Despite thinking himself “above” the other Rahks, holding a sense of pride and morals, although deep, deep down, he holds a fierce love for destruction which rarely shows, violently subverted by his normal mindset.

Bio: Not much to say here. Nymph doesn’t have any particular friends at the moment- he’s more or less on neutral terms with those Rahks that he’s met, preferring to spend his time alone. Very few of his days have been spent in the Gym, the others having been occupied absorbing knowledge in the Library.

Approved. Welcome aboard, hope the current arguments aren't putting you off :P

Profile change pendingn approval from Ultron:

Can Kuma change his name to Mangai? Not as a retcon but as character development, rejecting his derisive Makuta-given name in favor of the Matoran word for protector, as per the new role in life he has given himself.

I like the sound of it, go for it.

Right, on the subject of the current matters of disgreement.

1.) Johnrahk, sorry but I'm with Locus in that the one Nightmare hit is dead. He was actively trying to kill her so would have hit her with his polearm full strength. Fe-Matoran are a bit tougher than normal, sure, but thats not going to help against a Rahkshi, because Rahkshi are really freaking strong. They required entire squads of Vahki to take them down on Metru Nui, they can go toe-to-toe with something as big and tough as a Muaka and I can think of two instances where they've simply punched right through solid stone. So yeah, even if Nightmare is smaller than usual, if he's smacked a Matoran in the face full strength, that Matoran's face is gone. However, that said, if you wanted Vlad to save one of them, I'd go for the one Vitesse kicked. She was only trying to knock him unconscious so was holding back on strength, and neck snaps are never the clean fate movies portray them as. That Matoran isn't exactly going to be completely a-okay, and it would require a fair bit of editing to fit it in, but there's a better chance he lived than Nightmare's victim. I'd talk with Wielder about it though, in case he wants this to be some formative moment for Vitesse

2.) ToaKapura, allow me to clean up some of the confusion you've been having with how the canon and the RPG intersect.

Yes, mono-gender elemental types are non-canon here. I generally just prefer it if you can have whatever gender of whatever element.

While the actual Lego-mandated storyline shies away from giving Bionicle characters blood, all the RPGs in this forum generally tend to run along the logic that its simpler to portray characters getting hurt if we just say they have bones, blood, some manner of organs and such. Easier than trying to guess at what kind of biology the MU inhabitants might have. Its just the same as saying they have eyes and not "visual receptors" really.

3.) ToaKapura again, Locus has a point with your movements during the battles. Whether you were originally wanting to fight Disk, you RP'd against Sword so were around him and not Disk. So going instantly from one Matoran to the other despite them being nowhere near each other does stretch credibility a little. Whats even more confusing is that you keep talking to Mortsia, who is still with Sword, creating an odd effect where Kuma is apparently in two places at once (unless thats you changing it so Kuma never actually left Sword, in which case problem solved I guess)

Right, we all good?

• Upvote 1

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Fair enough. Thanks Ultron.

So I'm thinking if I'm to edit, it would make most sense (and require the least edits) to have Vlad realize the head-smashed one is dead but the one Vitesse kicked might still live, and grab him instead. But that would require editing from Wielder as well, since Vitesse was grieving over the body after Vlad left for the Infirmary.

So Wielder, would you be okay doing that, should I find another way, or would you prefer the Matoran die?

Edited by Johnrahk

I'd go for the one Vitesse kicked. She was only trying to knock him unconscious so was holding back on strength, and neck snaps are never the clean fate movies portray them as. That Matoran isn't exactly going to be completely a-okay, and it would require a fair bit of editing to fit it in, but there's a better chance he lived than Nightmare's victim.

Hm.... okay. I assumed taking a spinning kick to the face from a Rahkshi would be lethal on a being like a Matoran; I just went with a neck snap because that was the easiest way to portray that. 

Well you can survive a neck snap but you'll almost certainly be a quadriplegic. So then are two Matoran in the infirmary and one in the library?

And @Ultron:

1. Not really addressed at me.

2. Fair enough it's your RP

3. I figured Mortsia just followed him and that the Matoran would be easier to find. But its your school and if you say they'd be hard to find then I defer to your judgment. Although since the Matoran got away, is editing necessary or should I just keep all this in mind going forward.

@Locus: Kuma was just trying to get them back to village before they all died. I mean they have to go back to the village eventualy, right? So I don't quite see how that's hijacking.

@everybody:

I'm sorry that I did get so worked up about this and hope we can all put behind us going forwards and not hold any grudges or anything like that.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Ic: Siren (library)
Siren was reading a book on stealth, invisible naturally while reading it, when a... Matoran of all things came in and collapsed under a nearby bookshelf. Putting the book down, Siren uncloaked and walked towards the matoran, and nudged it with her foot, then bent over to look at its face.

Ooc: interacting with last matoran. On mobile.

I just noticed this. Sorry, but someone else carried off the Matoran before you'd made your post. 

IC: Kuma

"What you know something I don't? Try to kill them? Know how they got here? Don't lie to me." Kuma readied his staff.

As much as I really don't want to start another argument with you, I'd politely like to request that you edit this post.

Kuma saw all of the Rahkshi who were nearby when the attack happened, and Illusive wasn't one of them. Therefore Illusive could be laughing because he thinks its a joke, or doesn't want to go looking for the people who want to shoot him, or thinks Kuma is crazy, or for any number of other reasons. 

Just because you as the player know that Illusive was responsible, doesn't mean your character should immediately correctly assume the same when he was no reason at all to do so.

I'm willing to bet that if Kuma had encountered a different rahk who you as the player knew had nothing to do with it, Kuma wouldn't have reacted in the same way. Using out of character knowledge to impact in-game events like this is called metagaming, and is against the rules. 

But he's not thinking straight first of all (which is why he's going to the village) and he really would have reacted this way, would probably believe whatever Illusive said (especially if Illusive used this as an oppurtunity to pick a scapegoat). and the knowing how (not causing) this happened was just one of multiple guesses. And as you repeatedly pointed out, Kuma could not possibly have been at every place a Matoran was battling after they split up and wasn't paying other Rahkshi that stayed out of his way much attention. So please don't contradict yourself when saying that I'm being unrealistic by suddenly not ignoring posts you earlier ignored. (and even I never said he was at all Matoran battles)

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Yeah, I'll edit it. Truth be told, I wasn't really sure what exactly to do with Vitesse once she killed the matoran.

Although, it may be easier to write it where she goes to bring the "corpse" to Palma, where she finds that it's alive.

Edited by Wielder-of-Shadow

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

Nato, you seem to have missed a Snake post from a while back where he ran into one of the matoran. I understand if it isn't possible by this point, I just thought I'd let you know in case it is :)

initiate operation daith, asap.

ENGAGE!

Also, I hope you all read the massive Raith post from start to finish. :P

Kathok

Kuma heard all the yelling. "We'll die with this later" he spat to Illusive. He ran over as fast as he could. "Raising your launcher again after that? Can only mean one thing. You meant to do what you did that Matoran and tryed to cover up your mistkake. You, Vitesse, with friends like these... You will pay. Now drop it. Or else. And don't think I'll buy any 'I was bluffing' excuses."

This is exactly the sort of thing we've been talking about. Somehow, Kuma - outside the gym - has heard what's happening all the way over at the Library, and is also talking to Vitesse, who is nowhere near either location. 

Nato, you seem to have missed a Snake post from a while back where he ran into one of the matoran. I understand if it isn't possible by this point, I just thought I'd let you know in case it is :)

I just looked back, and someone had already interacted with that Matoran by the time that post was made.

That's probably why I skipped over it. Sorry about that. 

He is talking to Revenge not Vitesse and they yelled repeatedly. I would think a Rahkshi with heightened sense would be able to hear that. It wasn't just talking, you specifically repeatedly stated the Matoran was screaming. Do you have to be so antagonistic? I did nothing against you, why do you seem so mad at me? You criticize everything I do and when I change it you criticize me more. "You, Vitesse," was a list of "Revenge, Vitesse". not saying "Vitesse- You!". Make sense?

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Do you have to be so antagonistic? I did nothing against you, why do you seem so mad at me? You criticize everything I do and when I change it you criticize me more. 

I'm not being antagonistic, I'm merely asking that you play realistically. And having your character conveniently teleport all over the school to squeeze yourself into everyone else's interactions isn't realistic, or fair. 

I would think a Rahkshi with heightened sense would be able to hear that. It wasn't just talking, you specifically repeatedly stated the Matoran was screaming. 

They're at the library, though, nowhere near the gym. It's a big school, and it's also full of rowdy, noisy Rahkshi. Kuma doesn't have superman hearing, so there's no way he could be able to pick up on something happening so far away.

Edited by Locus

So there's still a deceased Matoran in front of the gym, right? I really don't want to go back and edit that Liar post...

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Yes, I think of the dead ones it still outside the gym. 

Okay, I just want to make sure I've accurately kept track of all of the Matoran:

The one Nightmare killed is still lying in a puddle of her own brains outside the gym, the one that got kicked in the head may or may not still be alive in the infirmary, the one with the ruined legs is also in the infirmary, and the final Matoran is hiding in a storeroom?

If anyone is teleporting its your Matoran. You're not playing any different then me in that regard Locus you just think you have some right to ignore me just because Ultron gave you a fee NPC's. You ignore me when I ask you to play realistically. You never consider any of my criticisms and criticize more when I accept yours.

IC: Matoran - Hallways.

A third Rahkshi had magically teleported out of nowhere and was screaming at him at the top of its monstrous lungs. That was breaking point for the poor, terrified Matoran: he wet himself.

Overcome by fear and shame, he spotted a storeroom up ahead and threw himself inside, shoving the door shut behind him. There was a shelf of equipment inside, which he quickly shoved over, blocking the doorway from opening inwards.

And now you're just being a child. I should start ignoring your unrealistic ridiculousness from your posts but then I'd be a hypocrite no better than you. That's not what the Matoran thinks, its what you think Locus. How much would criticize (rightfully for once) this post:

Kume watched as one Matoran suddenly dropped dead when he was poked apparently walked around like an illiterate idiot on a crusade to kill all nice Rahkshi and get called by all evil ones and then magically and instantly ran away and hid at the other end of the school where no one, wait, anyone but Kuma, could find him. And then used his mysterious super powers to luckily jam the door so no Rahkshi could get in.

Would that be remotely mature? No. But its what you're doing. Exaggerated? Perhaps. Inaccurate? No. First you apologize for how you handled this then you change nothing or do what you were criticized for even more.

Edit: And to be honest, even if I were totally right I'm being just as immature here as I accuse you of in other places and I do apologize for that.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Sounds like a resonable event to me.

This was his responce to a post he missed earlier where someone telepored right in front of the matoran. (I think)

I'm 98% sure he's talking about Kuma but if he's not then I apologize for the confusion and please ignore all but the first paragraph of my last post.

How is he trying to be reasonable saying I magically appeared in front of him? Who made him the RP god that ignores and criticizes my posts for being unrealistic then does the same thing? Because that's exactly what he's doing.

It is very realistic that Kuma heard yelling! How about apologizing for criticizing and ignoring everything I do in a condescending tone?

Edit: And once again letting my emotions get the better of me in my second paragraph. It was wrong and I apologize and hope we can accept that.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

I'm 98% sure he's talking about Kuma but if he's not then I apologize for the confusion and please ignore all but the first paragraph of my last post.

Yes, I am referring to Kuma. Because he somehow heard - from the gym - what was happening all the way over at the library, and then travelled all of that distance in one sentence. 

First you apologize for how you handled this then you change nothing or do what you were criticized for even more.

I'm not going to apologise when I've done nothing wrong. I refer you to Ultron's ruling the last time we had a disagreement regarding Kuma's movements: 

ToaKapura again, Locus has a point with your movements during the battles.

This was not during a battle and the Matoran screamed. And who says how far apart the library and gym are other than you? Well don't hold your breath waiting for me to apologize for transgressing you in some inscrutable way. And the Matoran's ducking and parry was hardly realistic for a Matoran against a Rahkshi.

Edit: And here, I'm just behaving like words that can't be said on BZpower and I truly ask for your forgiveness about this.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

The matoran were actually handled fairly well in terms of travel. Kuma, on the other hand, travelled across the entire school very quickly.

The gym is at the east wing, while the library is on the west wing.

The Gymnasium

~From the Notes and Observations of Makuta Tridax, Master of the Isle of Nynrah~

Physical training is of course a must. If we intend to put these Rahkshi into the field as soldiers then they’ll need to be in peak condition, and versed in all forms of combat and warfare.

The Gym is a huge hall, large enough that its almost its own separate building tacked on to the east side of the academy. In its base state it is a big, empty, upturned bowl but it is the most malleable of the all the school facilities. Want a duel? It can manifest an arena. Want a naval battle? It can simulate water. It has been specifically created to provide any imaginable threat to keep the Rahkshi on their toes.

The Library

~From the Notes and Observations of Makuta Tridax, Master of the Isle of Nynrah~

Since the students have been blessed with advanced minds, let them make use of them. Intelligence in one’s underlings is like a flower; for it to properly bloom it must be given the right ground to take root in and sustenance to feed on. And, if needs be, a bit of pruning from time to time…

The Library, located in the Academy’s west wing, is full of a surprisingly diverse range of subjects. There are the obvious books on martial arts and tactics, but they share the building with tomes on anatomy, zoology, engineering, chemistry, architecture, with encyclopaedias, and a seemingly endless catalogue of historical archives. Sure the warfare section is noticeably closer to the entry as a subtle hint, and the histories have been edited and worded with a Makuta-favourable bias but hey, its the thought that counts right?

Edited by Wielder-of-Shadow

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

The Matoran got from the gym to the library in a single post, same as Kuma. Where is the difference? And why do posts need to measure travel time. If unimpeded, cannot long walking be implied? Do I need to say "Kuma took one step,". wait for next post "Kuma took another step?". Please don't think I'm mad at you Wielder or at Smudge, I know you guys are trying to keep peace. And I do apologize for getting mad at you Locus and showing it in my posts but While they should have been delivered more calmly, I still think my criticisms are valid.

Edited by ToaKapura1234