Official release date for Bionicle 2015?

T.B.O.C

Looking around at the sets on Lego Shop today, I saw they are officially released on the 1st of January, though I know sometimes the winter wave of sets comes out around the 30th or 31st of December. Has Lego said anything on the subject?

Related question, do Lego stores ever put sets out early? I'd expect that Lego stores would be the ones to have sets out on the first day of their release, but I haven't had any experience with that.

Anyone know?

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I have a devout faith in Toys R Us to release them early.

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

Hm, I know Toysrus tends to put stuff out early, but I'm sure their price hike on them would negate the earliness of it. I'd be nice if Target had them early, but who knows. I guess I'll have to do a little searching around, or maybe just wait until the 1st.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

i've found that Walmart and Toys R Us usually have them out mid-December, though.

Speaking of Walmart, have you guys noticed Wal*Mart doesn't sell Hero Factory at all? Do you think this will carry over to Bionicle: as in they won't sell Bionicle? I'm curious...as I haven't seen a lego constraction set at Wal*Mart since the Ordeal of Fire Wave...

And just to be clear, I've checked Wal*Marts in about 5 cities that are fairly distant from each other and no constraction sets...so this appears to be a thing (Wal*Mart's lack of HF)...

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

i've found that Walmart and Toys R Us usually have them out mid-December, though.

Speaking of Walmart, have you guys noticed Wal*Mart doesn't sell Hero Factory at all? Do you think this will carry over to Bionicle: as in they won't sell Bionicle? I'm curious...as I haven't seen a lego constraction set at Wal*Mart since the Ordeal of Fire Wave...

And just to be clear, I've checked Wal*Marts in about 5 cities that are fairly distant from each other and no constraction sets...so this appears to be a thing (Wal*Mart's lack of HF)...

Walmart doesn't sell Hero Factory? That's strange, because I just saw some Invasion from Below sets at my local Walmart yesterday...

And they had better sell Bionicle, or I'll have to ask the Makuta to fix that.

Edited by Toa SpaceCommander
  • Upvote 1

3VS1.png

i've noticed the same thing, actually. it's really just been for the last few waves of HF - the reason being that HF hasn't been selling hugely well anywhere, so stores (except of course for Lego stores) don't restock it once it's sold out. you can bet that they'll be selling Bionicle, though.

Edited by Arc
  • Upvote 1

In general, Lego brand stores are probably your WORST bet for getting the sets early. They're the ones that are most visible to Lego corporate, and as such they pretty consistently follow street dates to the letter.

If you want the sets early, keep checking big box stores like Wal-Mart, Target, or Toys-R-Us, and small mom-and-pop toy stores. That's where you're more likely to find managers who are willing to bend the rules to beat their local competitors to the punch, or employees who don't know/care about the official release date and pull things out of the back whenever there's space for them.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Similar to what Lyichir just stated, stores such as Toys-R-Us can become sneaky and place some sets on their shelves earlier than intended. However, smaller and less known ones can also do the same when they're low on stock, so it is best to check both online and in person if you want to snatch some sets early. ;) 

Also, is there any word of the new sets being released in Australia at the same time as mostly everyone else? It is a global launch, right? :begging:

Yes it is a global launch, although I'm sure plenty of stores won't have them on time, some of them definitely will, the only Toys R Us I've commonly gone to was always lazy but that was in an obscure suburb.

I've rarely had an issue with LEGO products in Australia in Brisbane; although the further away from a major city the longer it will take them, though in my experience Target is pretty good regardless :)

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Yes it is a global launch, although I'm sure plenty of stores won't have them on time, some of them definitely will, the only Toys R Us I've commonly gone to was always lazy but that was in an obscure suburb.

I've rarely had an issue with LEGO products in Australia in Brisbane; although the further away from a major city the longer it will take them, though in my experience Target is pretty good regardless :)

Oh good. Hopefully they will be out 1st Jan here. I remember how we used to have to wait for them to come out after the USA dates.

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

Should probably make this a US only thread as we're discussing UK releases dates elsewhere and I was told (by LEGO) that the Lego stores will be rolling out the new sets on December 26th. About time we got something before you guys for a change :D

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Munty I'm tired of seeing all the questions about release dates in place X, Y, & Z; (no offence to anyone here; I can understand why everyone is asking about there place) but isn't it enough that many maps cut Eurasia in half just to make America the centre enough? ;)

The release date is 2015/01/01 for the entire world; stores that don't have them on the shelves at that point is because the store (or rather it's company etc.) has decided to; not because TLG has imposed that limit; so asking anyone other than whatever stores are near them (or that chain/company etc.) isn't really that related to TLG; or to the official release date. So making it about the USA is kind of silly, because there is only one official release date. (& there will be stores late to the party in the USA as well)

If you really want to here about variations in different stores (in different towns) [in different states] in the USA; then feel free to create atopic about it, I don't believe there is any rule against it(?). But don't turn a general topic into any country specifically...

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

The toys are officially on the Toys R Us website...but still not available for purchase yet...

Oh wow, hadn't noticed that. Online lists the prices as being the same as Lego's. I'll probably start calling around after Christmas to see when my local ones has them in stock...

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg